• 876 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider granpadave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I'm having an issue getting the scorebit app to claim a spot on my Wonka LE. Everything was working fine until I was sent a challenge, received the challenge, and since have not been able to claim a spot at all (even scanning QR code at start). Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

So I have a Wonka and a GNR at home. Both are hooked up to Scorbit and both were working well until last week. My phone app recognizes GNR, but it will not let me claim a player. Wonka works perfectly fine and I can claim a player. I went into the GNR settings and no luck. Please help. Cheers!

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I'm now running Build 1.2.0 and it has fixed the issue of not being able to claim a spot. The first thing I checked for was app updates or scorbit updates on pin, neither of which were avaiable until the 1.2.0 was just released.

My games are also working as well after the app update. Somehow my scores are still about the same...

1 month later
#539 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

While we are discussing integration with American, we don't yet work on their machines. We hope so soon!

I just got off the internet looking at your site as I am very interested in ordering some Scorbitron units for my non Spike 2 Stern games- Houdini, Hot wheels, LOV, GOT, LOTR, Star Trek, R and M, Getaway HS 2, DM, AC/DC.

So you do not support AP games?!?

Are folks installing both Stern IC and Scorbit on the same machines?

Also I really like leaderboards that I have seen for both scorebit and for stern, but only at large expos. Is there a (affordable) way to do this in the home environment?

Sorry if these issues have already been addressed.

Thanks!

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I think the Scorbit folk are at TPF this weekend, so I'll try and answer some of the obvious, though they'll probably chime in at some point

No AP games yet. The pre-LCD screen games you should be fine with. I believe the last update is that they're working with American to get support in their games. I have a Rick n' Morty as well and it just took a few code updates but it works with that game now, so I'd guess it's a matter of time thing for both Scorbit and American.

Yes on both of these, though I haven't set it up myself. I know Neil has shared both his home leaderboard setup in this thread, and there are folks using Scorbit and Stern IC on the same machines, but I'm not sure what that setup looks like. Probably need to wait for an official response there. Here's Neil's setup:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/8#post-6563983

Thanks so much!

#542 2 years ago

For those of us not at TPF, I have an update!

Ok, not a TPF level update...my son and I set up a Scorbit scoreboard on the rec room tv and it was ... amazing. I have only two Scorbit games (that will change soon-see below)- WW and GNR.

We had some brutal pinball battles, all documented real time, with the leader popping up to the top. I made a slide show which alternated between a screen showing all of the games and ones showing each game. Somehow my son's scores were always at the top- obviously a software glitch...

Last night we had a 10 person pinball party (everyone an experienced pinballer and all with Scorbit and SIC accounts) and they were all blown away by the system. We had a tournament (I have not explored if there is a specific tourney mode) and everyone was able to watch scores real time, just like the races. Not just the scores but the modes were displayed as well! The highest scores automatically popped to the top of the list. Hmmm I see some gambling in the future.

We also had Stern Insider- also a great system, but still lacking some functionality - no app (yet), scoreboard apparently is available but not for the home environment, QR reader is a little more cumbersome (but not that bad). SIC is limited to the 17 last (Spike 2) Stern games. Achievements on SIC are pretty slick though, especially with callouts.

When Scorbit and SIC came to my attention I was "Meh". Now internet connectivity is a must. I don't like playing games that are not connected which surprises the crap out of me.

Most of my games are modern Sterns and most have IC. However I am seriously considering Scorbit for all of my games. The pricing model is affordable including the monthly charge (free on the JJP games)- cheaper than a Starbucks habit.

By the way, the Scorbit website shows all of the pinball manufacturers that are supported including American pinball. From this forum it looks like that is not so? I look forward to AP being on board.

Sorry for posting so much, but this future of pinball is very cool. I will be contacting Scorbit this week.

PXL_20220326_174742693 (resized).jpgPXL_20220326_174742693 (resized).jpg

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey GranpaDave, I'm so excited that you've found that connection and visuals useful! This past weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival, we were fortunate to watch so many people have that "aha!" moment, unlock something, or send a challenge to another player. I think there is a lot going on and that's why we had a panel about connected pinball. Joining me on the panel was Ryan White from CGC, Joe Schoeber from American, Ken Cromwell from JJP and Scott Danesi from Danesi Designs! Here we are getting nerdy:
[quoted image]
So onto your questions. Also thanks MutterFudder for helping, as you mentioned, we were swamped all weekend!
People are installing both Stern IC and Scorbit on their machines.
HOWEVER: We have not released support for the latest code updates for their titles. Essentially we supported the first release on Insider Connected, but since December, Stern has released new updates that block Scorbit from working properly. We have reached out to Stern to see what we can do about that. Alternatively, if you use a pre-December, 2021 release of their code (with or without Stern Insider Connected), Scorbit functionality works fine.
The leaderboards, scoreboards, comboboards, slideshows and streamboards are all available for free via ScorbitVision, at https://sv.scorbit.io. We published an overview of the boards functionality on YouTube here:
Regarding American Pinball: We are working with them now on integrating our systems together, and they are very committed to making it work seamlessly and easy for their customers. We're trying to get as many titles as possible set up so that they don't require Scorbitrons, but stay tuned on that, as we have lots of work to do to see what the right approach is on each title. I don't have a timetable on on when that work will be complete yet, but we're enjoying the co-development and look forward to making this an easy process for everyone. They asked us to put their logo on the website to indicate their support and get this show on the road!
In a similar vein, we've been approached by all the other manufacturers (well, except Stern) about deep integrations and our Scorbit platform is working overtime in testing. We released our API specification for developers via our tools website, and we're starting to see all sorts of new applications and integrations hitting it.
Finally, from all of us at Scorbit: Thank you so much for your incredible support of open platforms. We're so grateful and keep the feedback coming!

Great talking to you on email, Jay. Placing my order today and look forward to setting it all up next week. I wish you the best of luck working with the folks at Stern pinball. It would be so awesome for someone like me to scan in my QR code or use my app and have scores on both Stern insider connect and Scorbit…

Cheers!

#551 2 years ago
Quoted from sfbrian:

I just wanted to chime in here. I just got back from TPF. I'm so exhausted. You all know how to party! First of all, I wanted to say thank you so much for the wonderful review of Scorbit. Also shout out to MutterFudder for the help while we were away.
As a big tournament player, the big thing I'm excited about is the tournament software integration. So right now we work with the production version of Karl DeAngelo's DTM software. We also work fully on the beta version of Matchplay. We are looking forward to when Andreas releases the beta out to the public. Thankfully it's a public beta so you can use it here already: https://next.matchplay.events/
Our API is also public so you can build your own integrations. MutterFudder and I have built a twitch bot where people can chat and put messages onto the DMD games while playing. It's pretty fun! Let me know if you need code samples and I can send them along.
Enjoy all your new Scorbitrons!

Thanks so much and welcome back from TPF. I thought I was crazy about pinball, but you guys raise it to the next level. I tried to create an account multiple times- “error message 500.” I was using my iPad if that makes a difference. I also saw a choice for player vs. organizer- looking to use this in a home environment for small home tourneys. I am not a big (or small) tourney player, but that might change!

1 week later
#556 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry Jay
The app is still crap
Accepting challenges cause major hangs.
I won't bother with challenges anymore until the problem is fixed.
App is still very unreliable and has a tendency to hang
Simply not worth the stress anymore.

My 2 cents and experience…

Yes, I agree that the challenge aspect of the app can be a little frustrating to figure out. Some of my pinball buddies new to Scorbit, keep forgetting to log in their own names before they play. I used to have problems logging in on my machine, but that was fixed with this forum as well as a new upgrade. To be fair, I think we users need to be very specific as to what the problem is as Jay is very responsive.

I have ordered a bunch of units and I have installed them in about 10 of my machines. Installation was not perfect, but the end result is pretty cool. Scorbit is a big hit with my pinball crowd at weekend pinball parties. Scorbit really shines with scoreboards that I can project on a monitor. Yes, I have had some issues, but Jay has helped out very quickly and professionally.

I did not realize it, but I am definitely an Internet connected geek when it comes to pinball machines. I really enjoy my games and I tend to not play my games that are not connected. Stern insider connected is a great system, but can only be used in less than 20 games – the new Stern spike two games. I do have Stern insider connect on all of my modern Stern machines. The current version of this system is not only limited to a handful of machines, but limited to collectors like me they can only go for achievements. Currently, Scorbit will support so much more and is an open platform.
These systems are under development and a lot of people are working hard at both of them.

So yeah, these systems still have quite a ways to go. I enjoy getting out and working on this and I feel that the systems are at a point of actually being fun. But not for everybody yet. Good luck to everyone in this great hobby and enjoy watching all of the progress and work.

2 months later
#619 1 year ago

Update and recap.

I have been setting up Scorbit on almost all of my 20 machines - mostly Sterns and a couple of Bally’s. Yeah, there have been issues, but most have dealt with my home wireless network and internet integration. I run both Stern insider connect with Scorbit. Yes you do have to scan as well as log in wirelessly to get both systems going.

Stern has the advantage of showing you real time achievements as you play. The achievements seem to be well organized and somewhat achievable. Stern is starting to support score/leader boards-if you have an operator account…bummer.

For home use parties and leagues, Scorbit has much more functionality with customized leader and score boards. These are easy to set up and work really well. My friends are amazed to see their names at the top, until a ringer destroys their score… For customer support, I have emailed Jay (@jsa) numerous times and he often responds instantly- support is top notch. Stern…well they do get back to me several days later. Scorbit supports so many more games and are constantly playing whack-a-mole with Stern games that get new code.

Is Scorbit perfect? No, but improving constantly. Sometimes I still have issues with logging in. When I finish a game I sometimes have difficulty starting a new game-often have to restart the game. However, when logged in, it works great.

I plan on starting a home league and will use Scorbit and SIC. I do have two American pinball machines- still waiting internet integration for them. I look forward to my next update!

3 months later
#677 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

No, we no longer use the USB cables for Spike 2 since Stern removed support for USB. Reach out to our support email and we will get you situated.

FYI

I have Scorbit on multiple Stern Spike 2 machines. With every Stern update the Scorbit is basically disconnected. With the updates last week I would get a SD card error message stating that I needed to update my SD card.

So I reflashed a new SD card- a very SLOW process- almost as bad as a code update. I installed the new SD card....and...the same problem.

I was kind of at a wit's end which seems to be pretty common these days and decided to disconnect all of the UBC USB cables. That seemed to do the trick which was quite a relief as I have about 15 Stern spike 2 tables.

So I know there is a constant game of whack-a-mole between Scorbit and Stern Spike two machines. The Stern Insider system is good, but obviously very limited to a relative handful of pinball games.

I invested a fair amount of money into both Stern Insider connect and Scorbit as I have a home League at my house. Initially I was able to post all scores on a TV monitor, but this is no longer the case. Bummer. Scorbit works very well with my other games, but the majority of my games are Spike two machines.

Cheers!

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

GranpaDave I hear you loud and clear.
That's very interesting. You said you had USB cables in these machines and that they were Spike 2, what were the USB cables getting used for? Older Scorbit installations before we started using other methods?
If that's the case, it seems Stern is now detecting if you have a USB cable plugged into the system, which is weird, since we don't use them anymore and haven't for over a year...

Yes I did have the older systems set up. I cannot be totally certain that this was the cause of the error message, but it does seem to be the case.

4 months later
#728 1 year ago

Thanks for all the hard work and updates as well as correspondence. Working on updating my machines- Home league next week!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider granpadave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread?tu=granpadave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.