• 876 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#98 3 years ago

Honestly, your website tells me absolutely nothing about this product.

"Turn almost any pinball machine into an Internet- and cloud-connected device."

To what end? For updating code? For sharing scores within a household? For sharing scores globally? Is it internal scorbit ecosystem score-sharing or does it also share scores with non-scorbit scores (such as those on pinside)? Can I download anything using the Scorbit or just upload?
Basically, what the hell does this do, specifically?

"You also know the digital age is now in full bloom, offering next-gen gamers interconnectivity, global competition, automation and convenience"

What kind of automation? Specifically. What can I automate? Can I manage all the settings on a machine? What do I/don't I have access to?

"Tune into ScorbitVision.Tell the world about your great pinball scores and start broadcasting with ScorbitVision today!"
"For the hardcore pinball streamers, we’ve developed the Streamboard as a fast way to integrate Scorbit with streaming tools like OBS and XSplit, as well as platforms like Twitch."

Is Scorbitvision a desktop app? An API? An extension? A browser based app? Does it have platform restrictions? Can you view anything realtime from others or is it only if they are sharing it via a stream?
How exactly do you integrate with streaming tools and twitch? "Integration" via browser-based capture is not actual integration, that's literally just a website I'm screen-capping. Is there a Twitch extension? How does it work if so?

"Each template dynamically reflects information happening in the game, including players, scores, ball number and other data."

Define "other data", because that could literally be anything. Realtime IFPA rankings/stats? Lifetime Scorbit stats? Stats per game? Number of active tilt warnings? Whether or not the player has tilted out a ball?

"Streamers can integrate their own graphics, logos, chat sections, or whatever you need!"

Within the browser, or just within OBS? Because if it's just within OBS, of course I can, that's not an added feature. If it's within browser, how does it work and what are it's abilities and limitations?

"Leaderboards are the infinite high score lists for all your machines. Like scoreboards, they reflect real-time changes to player display names as well as the current status of any game you choose."

Say I'm running a tournament with 20 games and 50 people and multiple rounds, can I show leaderboards for this? Can I show eliminations? Can I even do anything with that, or is it just high scores? Does it integrate with DTM or MatchPlay? Can I pull info from those at all?

Honestly, I really want to like this product, it could potentially be great for tournaments and livestreaming (of which I do both), but I have absolutely no idea what it can and can't do and your website doesn't help.

#100 3 years ago

Thank you for the thorough reply! That does clear a lot of it up, and I'll be following closely to see how things progress.

As for the website, it would be nice to see an install video for the card itself, maybe a video going over features and such (possibly ones geared to each sector), but overall the product looks promising.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.