ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif
deeplinks.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zambonilli.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#76 3 years ago

Congrats on the launch today!

1 year later
#515 2 years ago

One of the best side effects of self driving car technologies is that the more of the inner workings of our automobiles became open. A good example is commai's open source panda project gave the world an universal decoder ring to the CAN bus. Any chance Scorbit does something similar and open sources some of your hardware decoder ring logic as you move more into the platform side?

https://comma-ai.medium.com/a-panda-and-a-cabana-how-to-get-started-car-hacking-with-comma-ai-b5e46fae8646

3 months later
#595 1 year ago

There are people that honestly believe that Stern is not going to charge for Insider Connect ever. If Stern is going to these lengths in their firmware to stifle Insider Connect competition, it's pretty much guaranteed that they will jack their hardware price and charge an outlandish recurring fee the second they have weakened all their competition enough.

Vote with your dollars, I'm pulling the trigger on a scorbit for my deadpool machine now.

3 weeks later
#614 1 year ago

Worst thing about scorbit is staring at IP pinball's high score on your game's global leaderboard that is 3x your best score ever. Have you seen that guy play!?! He's unreal good and now I have to beat his high score!

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

There is actually a solution for this.
Unlike other leaderboarding systems, our leaderboards are insanely customizable.
If you like, you can create your own leaderboard at https://sv.scorbit.io. You could add just your friends or people at your playing level you choose. Then you can choose one of the various visualizations and combinations available to you on ScorbitVision.
If the leaderboard is public, and set to machine-specific (just for that specific location’s machine), it will also display on the app for anyone playing that game! An example would be a league leaderboard or one just for your family.

Lol, thanks and this all makes sense but I added Scorbit to breathe some life back into Deadpool for me. Seeing IP Pinball's score at the #1 slot makes me want to play and beat his score. The default settings for leader boards are perfect for me.

1 month later
#650 1 year ago

Thanks scorbit team for continuing to crank on the claiming problem. I've been in your shoes before where there's an obvious user UX problem that seems so simple to solve by the users but the devil's in the details of all the use cases. The worst things you can do are ignore the problem or rollout a half baked solution. Good to see you guys are doing neither even though it's painful for users right now. Also, agree that open source probably isn't the answer. I am currently an OSS maintainer for my day job and while it's great to see some OSS software in pinball take off like Mission framework and some of the Spooky/Ben Heck embedded work, you end up trading heads down time for cat herding enthusiastic people that are trying to scape together nights and weekends to contribute.

As far as home vs location play duality, have you guys looked into leveraging geolocation and geofencing places and toggling the claiming behavior based on the place type? Might help reduce the friction of the UX by starting with, we know most likely you're in a home vs location place type. Not sure your ability to leverage pinball map's place db for derivitive works but if that's the hangup there's a bunch of tenable Open Street Map vendors that might be able to power places like opencagedata.com, Amazon Location Service ow whatever simplegeo became .

7 months later
#747 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

** SERVICE INTERRUPTION TO JERSEY JACK OWNERS **
Important update for Jersey Jack owners only:
Moving forward Scorbit will no longer support live connections to Jersey Jack Pinball machines.
Regrettably, Jersey Jack Pinball has informed us that they no longer value the services provided by Scorbit and connected pinball and have chosen to remove Scorbit from their machines.
As such, effective immediately, Jersey Jack Pinball machines may no longer connect or function with the Scorbit app as they had previously. Existing achievements, leaderboard entries, and other data will continue to exist within the platform, but no new achievements can be earned or challenges played as the service is removed.
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a surprise to us and the community. We are heartbroken.
We have made every attempt to come to a mutually satisfying agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball, but unfortunately they have made their position clear that they wish to go in a different direction, and that connected pinball is not something they are looking to invest in any longer.
We wish Jersey Jack Pinball the best of luck with their future endeavors. We love their excellent games. These are some of the best designers on earth. Any inquiries or dissatisfaction with this decision should be sent to Jersey Jack Pinball. This is entirely their decision and we can only hope they reconsider in the future.
As always, Scorbit is committed to connected pinball and we remain open to work with all pinball manufacturers who value the concept, respect the pinball community and are open to driving innovation in pinball.
** Q & A **
Q: What drove this decision by Jersey Jack to abandon Scorbit?
A: It’s not entirely clear. We know that in our conversations with JJP up until the launch of The Godfather, we had support from within the game design team. Scorbit was included in the marketing documentation for The Godfather. We were surprised when we were told by the leadership they did not value Scorbit features or connected pinball in early March.
Q: We heard that there are over 10,000 connected JJP machines. Is that true?
A: As of the time of this post in March, 2023, there are over 10,000 active, connected JJP machines on the Scorbit platform posting scores and growing every day.
Q: Did Scorbit try to change the terms of an agreement with Jersey Jack?
A: We have never been under any contractual agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball. Over the years, we have offered them various service level agreements to further partner and formalize our relationship, but they have never been interested in negotiating at any level.
Q: Were there any service issues between JJP and Scorbit?
A: No, we have scaled our platform in line with their demand, and resolved every support request from Jersey Jack’s customers, free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for years.
Q: What was Scorbit’s last request of Jersey Jack prior to this decision?
A: Due to significant growth and engagement of the product, in mid February we requested some updates to the network code on their end to improve performance and reduce overhead.
The employee at JJP responsible for these changes resigned, so we offered to make the changes ourselves.
At this point they stopped responding to messages. The next communication was their decision to end the relationship, for which we learned more details during a livestream.
Q: Was Scorbit requiring a cost component to Jersey Jack which led to this decision?
A: No. Our API access has always been free of charge to Jersey Jack and their customers. It is true that we have presented options to JJP that included shared costs for accelerated benefits, features and enhanced support, but always offered them a free option. For some reason, they were not interested in negotiating an agreement or exploring ways to continue working together.
Q: What happens to the entire library of older games that currently connect to Scorbit?
A: Jersey Jack has informed us that they intend to remove Scorbit from their game code on all previous titles. The titles will continue to function but will no longer connect to Scorbit.
Q: What data did Scorbit provide to Jersey Jack, and what is the state of that data?
A: We offered Jersey Jack access to anonymized analytics around their games and engagement, and built a custom portal for that use. To this day, no JJP employee has logged into that portal, so we disabled their access to the portal. They never noticed.
Q: I use Scorbit every day on my GnR. Does this mean my game is now bricked? How do I complete my achievements?
A: We are truly sorry but Scorbit will no longer function on your GnR. You can continue to post scores manually via the app by taking photos of your scores as we do on EM machines.You will no longer be able to view new session timelines, earn achievements or engage in challenges.
Q: I am a Jersey Jack machine owner and I use Scorbit pro licenses with my games. What should I do?
A: Send an email to [email protected] and we will cancel the license and offer you a refund.
Q: What does this mean for Scorbit’s future?
A: We have numerous manufacturers using our platform, and the entirety of our business model comes from non-JJP machines. There will be no impact to our operating business, other than to improve the economics. We do anticipate a significant reduction of load on our platform, which will result in lower overall cost for our infrastructure.
Offical blog post: https://scorbit.io/service-interruption-to-jersey-jack-customers/

Sorry Jay and Scorbit team. Hopefully there isn't a 1st party JJP internet connectivity product in the near future. Owners don't want a different solution for every manufacturer and sure as hell don't want to pay a monthly fee to manufacturers.

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,500 (OBO)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zambonilli.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread?tu=Zambonilli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.