• 877 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif
There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
#351 2 years ago

Click on the upper right icon.

>Activity

Boom! There it is.

Thanks jsa

Screenshot_20211013-231447_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211013-231447_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#352 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Is there a way to see the full list of achievements for a game, not just the ones you have achieved? I can see what I have but cant seem to find the ones that I have not yet achieved?
Thanks
Ed

To be clear: The Account Menu > Activity is just the notifications you've received about anything, including achievements, and link off to achievements.

For a true list of achievements for a game, things get a little more... creatively controlled by the designers. The answer is generally your profile feed, and stats. I think we give a really good overview of these things in the post above here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/7#post-6547465

However, the nuance here is that when you look at achievements by clicking Stats and then searching on a machine (and toggling to achievements), you do not see achievements listed if you haven't yet unlocked something within an achievement group! This is by design, as this screen is meant to show you what you have achieved, and what you have to do to reach the other levels.

To see all achievements for a specific machine, what we will offer you in the future is via the machine tab in the lower left of the app. You'll be able to see a list, but it won't necessarily all be exposed, because some of that is intentionally hidden by the game designers. Anyway, we'll release that tab feature soon (right now it is disabled).

Once we release that tab and you search on a machine title, generally you'll see most of them, but some will be obscured and some entirely invisible to be mysterious. This will all become kind of obvious as people get closer to these achievements.

#353 2 years ago

Example of what I mean:

stats_scores_achievements (resized).pngstats_scores_achievements (resized).png

#354 2 years ago

I suggest some type of progress indicator at the game level that is easy to find for the player. That is a KEY selling point of achievements. Lots of people are "completionists" and want to strive to get to 100%

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.19.24 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.19.24 AM (resized).png

#355 2 years ago

Yes, a list of what the achievements actually are (something to shoot for) and how many achievements you have obtained out of a total is integral to the entire achievement system. I think you need to put a priority on this and get it out quickly before people look at it for the first time and get turned off by it.

#356 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I suggest some type of progress indicator at the game level that is easy to find for the player. That is a KEY selling point of achievements. Lots of people are "completionists" and want to strive to get to 100%
[quoted image]

That exists, as I posted, above. Well, with a few different features than the example you shared:

IMG_3993 (resized).PNGIMG_3993 (resized).PNG

#357 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Yes, a list of what the achievements actually are (something to shoot for) and how many achievements you have obtained out of a total is integral to the entire achievement system. I think you need to put a priority on this and get it out quickly before people look at it for the first time and get turned off by it.

I understand your point. We will strive to share more. However, to be clear, we do this in different forms already. You see some, but not all, depending on the behaviors/goals you want to motivate.

I'll repost what I shared in GnR:

1) If you visit the Profile > Stats > Machine > Achievements, you will see achievements that you've achieved ** plus any additional achievements ** that are part of the same "achievement group" that you have not achieved. For example, if there is an achievement to hit multiball 10 times, and you've hit multiball 10 times, you may see the achievements for 50, 100, or 1000 times by viewing that achievement and paging through the others in the GROUP box. This is intentionally not a complete list, and it does require that you've at least hit the lowest level number of the achievement. This is because that "master list" concept may have different forms within different achievement groups.

[EDIT: Think of this like you're unlocking new lists of achievements to hit.]

2) A feature we are finishing that you will see soon is called the Browse tab. This is the pinball machine in the lower left corner of the app. This is not ready yet, but when you tap that tab, you will get to choose any machine and see various things about it, including achievements (locked or unlocked). It will be release very soon, so stay tuned here. You'll find that some won't be seen or some will be in an obscured state (like mystery), but it will not require that you specifically have hit all those achievements.

Very important: Some achievements associated with the game are not specific to something that happens in the game! Therefore, it's not exactly right to show you those in the context of the machine all the time, and may be invisible to you until you achieve them or someone you follow achieves them.

As we support hundreds of games across various manufacturers and time, condensing this into a form that works well in a mobile setting is key as well.

#358 2 years ago

New code released today for Dialed In! with Scorbit integration!

#359 2 years ago

Yes indeed, Dialed In is now live with Scorbit and Achievements!

#360 2 years ago

Ok so on the challenge.... my son sent me a challenge... I accepted it... then played a game. Didn't seem to change anything. Am i doing something wrong?
Also what is this icon for? Thanks!

Screenshot_20211014-165119_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211014-165119_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#361 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Ok so on the challenge.... my son sent me a challenge... I accepted it... then played a game. Didn't seem to change anything. Am i doing something wrong?
Also what is this icon for? Thanks!
[quoted image]

You're actually doing it right, except that you lost.

So right now, winning challenges currently display you as the winner (with a little winning badge) and your opponent(s) as the losers on a card.

If you lose, the card is displayed with just your opponents score as you see there. That is basically a bug, you should see the winning challenge card, and we're fixing that now.

As for the flip icon: That is a like button to express your support/enthusiasm for someone's score. Give it a try! We currently do store who has "flipped" your score and will display that in a future release.

One of the things we recommend is following everyone you can, because you get to see some crazy scores and score detail screens, and it's nice to be able to show a reaction. We're not trying to recreate social media (and those who know me probably understand I don't add like buttons without really thinking about it).

#362 2 years ago

Scorbit is missing the mark. My first impression is they didn’t solve for the most obvious thing which is viewing results by machine relative to current time. For example I don’t give a crap if someone scored 547 million and Guns N’ Roses six days ago. I want to know how my 13 1/2 million stacks up against all the people who played the game in the last hour two hours etc.

For the life of me I can’t find this view. And I don’t give a crap about achievements. I don’t wanna think about my game as achievements like silly iPhone games.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Scorbit is missing the mark. My first impression is they didn’t solve for the most obvious thing which is viewing results by machine relative to current time. For example I don’t give a crap if someone scored 547 million and Guns N’ Roses six days ago. I want to know how my 13 1/2 million stacks up against all the people who played the game in the last hour two hours etc.
For the life of me I can’t find this view. And I don’t give a crap about achievements. I don’t wanna think about my game as achievements like silly iPhone games.

Guess you had a bad night. There’s a much more constructive way to say you would like a different view of your pinball scores.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I have a couple answers for you @holminone, but I may not be totally understanding your use case. There are many different views on the app, though it's possible you're looking for a rolling global "feed" for a particular game title. That will be in a future release on the browse tab (lower left hand machine icon), but isn't available yet. There are a number of views that are more "most recent" feed oriented or through the lens of a specific user's playing, as mentioned in the post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/7#post-6547465

Still, for what you're asking for, let me know if either of these work for you. Since most default leaderboards are based on the more common request for a full history, what you're looking for is a leaderboard based on what we call a "rolling" or "calendar" time type.

With ScorbitVision, you can add different leaderboard types to be viewable from within the app. If you create a leaderboard an assign it to a specific machine, in a specific venue, and you make it public, it will show up on that machine's attract mode carousel on the app. NOTE: This also works with multiple machines of the same title, but requires that one of the machines be the one you wish to view it on. This is so you can't make a leaderboard and have it show up on everyone's view, because not everyone wants the same thing. As an aside, you can learn more about ScorbitVision's capabilities with this video guide:

Option #1: A Rolling 24 Hour Local Leaderboard (just for a single machine or collection of specific machines)

- Log into ScorbitVision (https://sv.scorbit.io) with your user account (don't worry, the end result will be in the app).
- Click on the Leaderboards tab on the left
- Click Add Leaderboard
- Choose a title such as "24 Hour Rolling"
- Set privacy to PUBLIC
- Set the Time Options to "Rolling"
- Choose the period to be 1 day
- Choose All Scores
- Choose Type: Single Machine and choose the Machine/Venue that you play on
- Alternative: Choose Multiple Machines of the same Title and pick your machine and a few others that matter to you
- Save the Leaderboard

Now, when you look at the app for your machine, the new leaderboard will be on the carousel you see during attract, or you can hit the leaderboard icon on the title bubble for a full screen view.

Option #2: A Rolling 24 Global Leaderboard
(ScorbitVision Only - This leaderboard can only be viewed with the ScorbitVision tools URL, generated by clicking the eyeball next to the leaderboard on SV)

- Click on the Leaderboards tab on the left
- Click Add Leaderboard
- Choose a title such as "24 Hour Global Rolling"
- Set privacy to PUBLIC
- Set the Time Options to "Rolling"
- Choose the period to be 1 day
- Choose All Scores
- Choose Type: Multiple Machines of the Same Title
- Pick a title of machine you want a global set from
- Save the Leaderboard

Anyway feel free to give us requests, there are many ways to slice and dice the data but everyone has a different set of goals!

#365 2 years ago

Yeah that’s super helpful. I guess the main construct that I expected but didn’t see out of the box was the concept of following pinball machines as being equal or greater importance to following people. I get the whole people orientation of it, but technically I want to follow the machine in all instances the machine anywhere and the related scores of those machines.

So in this sense it’s kind of like fortnight or Strava (strava has people following but the main UI construct is the ROUTE and SEGMENTS you ride). Your performance in a segment is auto rated both all time and daily. With the machine centric view, twenty seven people playing at the same time throughout the globe might be automatically grouped behind the scenes (like fortnight). Or the user would have a choice to “virtually compete” with an active game without that other player necessarily having to consent. But if they did consent (challenge) it opens up more collaboration or comparative analysis between individuals.

The other thing is there was no easy way for me to find and or follow all users who own or have played a title so I can mass follow this group in order to back into a machine centric view.

#366 2 years ago

Jay, How often is the location list updated? It seems that there was an initial data dip / pull from Pinball Map, but it doesn't update dynamically. We have a location here that has been closed for some time, but it still shows up in Scorbit.

#367 2 years ago

Yes the game specific leaderboard is exactly what I’m looking for and the fact you can time constrain it is cool. You guys have so many great options to take the app to!

My challenge I think I was just looking at the app and not the broader website and how your building out the config there before you round out the app. Makes perfect sense now. Nice work! Super exciting!

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Yeah that’s super helpful. I guess the main construct that I expected but didn’t see out of the box was the concept of following pinball machines as being equal or greater importance to following people. I get the whole people orientation of it, but technically I want to follow the machine in all instances the machine anywhere and the related scores of those machines.
So in this sense it’s kind of like fortnight or Strava (strava has people following but the main UI construct is the ROUTE and SEGMENTS you ride). Your performance in a segment is auto rated both all time and daily. With the machine centric view, twenty seven people playing at the same time throughout the globe might be automatically grouped behind the scenes (like fortnight). Or the user would have a choice to “virtually compete” with an active game without that other player necessarily having to consent. But if they did consent (challenge) it opens up more collaboration or comparative analysis between individuals.
The other thing is there was no easy way for me to find and or follow all users who own or have played a title so I can mass follow this group in order to back into a machine centric view.

You're correct. We develop our app philosophy around context: The three tabs (well two, the lower left isn't ready yet) are MACHINE, PLAYING and PLAYERS contexts. For each context, we have very different engagement depending on the user type.

I believe that grouping people together virtually falls under the players context, and that's what we're doing with Challenge Match (coming soon). Challenges as they stand now are more of a social tag, but can be fun to go for the badge.

You're also correct about finding people: We intend on slowly introducing player lists and suggested players to follow, stay tuned.

Meanwhile, we did throw a lot into the user profiles. There is a reason for that: We began to realize that viewing scores and achievements really could be viewed differently in a machine or a player context. The profiles let us look at it through the lens of a player: What did Bill score historically on Twilight Zone? What achievements does he have? Etc. Whereas, you might want to look at Twilight Zone and see it as a more global sense, not machine specific to a venue, and not specific to a person. You can see the UI challenges!

Quoted from holminone:

Yes the game specific leaderboard is exactly what I’m looking for and the fact you can time constrain it is cool. You guys have so many great options to take the app to!
My challenge I think I was just looking at the app and not the broader website and how your building out the config there before you round out the app. Makes perfect sense now. Nice work! Super exciting!

Thanks! ScorbitVision is has an insane amount of features. Since sometimes we have a venue owner, other times a game room, sometimes a bar or restaurant, there are a lot of different use cases for it. The Streamboards are fun, and if you select the "lower third" options, you get some really fun graphics. We're releasing animated scoreboards today, which allow you set up a scoreboard to slide the players up and down depending on their current position in the game.

Quoted from kermit24:

Jay, How often is the location list updated? It seems that there was an initial data dip / pull from Pinball Map, but it doesn't update dynamically. We have a location here that has been closed for some time, but it still shows up in Scorbit.

We update it ourselves right, now, as we're a little picky with the data, for the reasons you're seeing. It's best if you just tell us what location has been closed (you can email support or DM me) and I'll take care of it. I can also assign ownership of venues you're involved with, so you can manage the list yourself. Our adoption features will be in 1.1.6 or 1.1.7 for venues that haven't been claimed.

#369 2 years ago

Any word if jjps Hobbit will be rolled out with yall in the future?

Also any chance you could ad a picture option for venues?

#370 2 years ago

OK, Scorbit finally started working correctly for me yesterday. It always recorded scores but now it is unlocking achievements and entering my name at the score board on my Willy Wonka. The one problem I see is that it is entering my full user name and not the initials I entered in the initials slot. Is this a bug or do I just need to enter my initials as the display name?

#371 2 years ago

Really looking forward to JJP finally releasing the POTC update so I can actually put some scores up! The progress on this app is really encouraging

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Any word if jjps Hobbit will be rolled out with yall in the future?
Also any chance you could ad a picture option for venues?

Hobbit is coming. Really soon.

Quoted from Adipocere:

OK, Scorbit finally started working correctly for me yesterday. It always recorded scores but now it is unlocking achievements and entering my name at the score board on my Willy Wonka. The one problem I see is that it is entering my full user name and not the initials I entered in the initials slot. Is this a bug or do I just need to enter my initials as the display name?

There is a new feature coming to specify preferring initials in the game's high score system in the app preferences. I should have it in the next release (1.1.6) I believe, so coming soon.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Really looking forward to JJP finally releasing the POTC update so I can actually put some scores up! The progress on this app is really encouraging

It's coming! For real!

#373 2 years ago

Picked up my first machine with scorbit (GnR) and I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I will forgive out how to set up an account and all that stuff.

Questions…

1) I have my game set on 4 balls, because I’m not very good and want to discover the game, anyways… do you have to select a scorbit game when you play? I would think that it needs to be a level playing field.

2) does it work if your playing a 2 player game? I can keep my achievements and my kid/wife can keep hers?

Thanks

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Picked up my first machine with scorbit (GnR) and I’m a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I will forgive out how to set up an account and all that stuff.
Questions…
1) I have my game set on 4 balls, because I’m not very good and want to discover the game, anyways… do you have to select a scorbit game when you play? I would think that it needs to be a level playing field.
2) does it work if your playing a 2 player game? I can keep my achievements and my kid/wife can keep hers?
Thanks

1. You have the option to save to the leaderboard. It is the honor system. Personally I wound't save to the leaderboard if I was playing different than the default menu settings, but it is totally up to you.

2. Yes when you play you only claim one player spot. Anyone that wants achievements would need a Scorbit profile however.

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks

I just want to add some more detail to this question.

If you go to the Account Menu > My Venues, and click on the edit pencil next to the venue name, you'll see there is the "Public / Private" option. If the venue is set to Private, you'll need your wife and kid's users to be added to the list of people who have access to your venue.

The Private option is there so that when people look for venues and machines to play with your app, your venue isn't listed. (However, we do recommend you at least put your city, country and postal code in the address or the location-based venue lists won't work properly).

Now, all of this supposes that your wife and kid have access to a smart phone with the app. We recognize this isn't always a popular thing to do in your home, and we're working on some alternative ways we might allow someone to delegate assigning slots (also useful for casual tournaments). For now, for privacy reasons, we have to use this solution. I hope that makes sense!

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Personally I wound't save to the leaderboard if I was playing different than the default menu settings, but it is totally up to you.

Thanks for the info. Now that I know, I would never do that. My scores are hundreds of millions behind the big numbers I’m seeing on the thread anyways.

Quoted from jsa:

I just want to add some more detail to this question.
If you go to the Account Menu > My Venues, and click on the edit pencil next to the venue name, you'll see there is the "Public / Private" option. If the venue is set to Private, you'll need your wife and kid's users to be added to the list of people who have access to your venue.
The Private option is there so that when people look for venues and machines to play with your app, your venue isn't listed. (However, we do recommend you at least put your city, country and postal code in the address or the location-based venue lists won't work properly).
Now, all of this supposes that your wife and kid have access to a smart phone with the app. We recognize this isn't always a popular thing to do in your home, and we're working on some alternative ways we might allow someone to delegate assigning slots (also useful for casual tournaments). For now, for privacy reasons, we have to use this solution. I hope that makes sense!

Clear as mud. J/K it does make sense. Family can get the app but I’m not sure they have any interest. I was just curious. Again I don’t know the system but would neat to see my stats personally. I would like to host an event sometime and I would think the better players I invite would like to input their info.

Thanks for the details.

#377 2 years ago

Completely unscripted intro to Scorbit with Mando 0.98 + a mediocre game.

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Completely unscripted intro to Scorbit with Mando 0.98 + a mediocre game.

Is Scotbit doing achievements for Stern games?

#379 2 years ago

Good morning,

Just tested Scorbit on my DialedIn, really cool and nice integration.

This does raise quite a few questions should I decide to invest into Scorbitron for non JJP machines, specifically:

- I assume you ship from the US, so we need to add VAT and custom clearance to the Scorbitron, correct ?
- There seems to be a price drop when buying Scorbitron for multiple machines. Does this apply only for multiple units per order, or is this cumulative (say I buy one Scorbitron for my LOTR, and decide that I love it so much I want another one, will I get the 269 pricing) ?
- Same question on licencing price: if I buy a one year licence for one machine, then add another machine two months later... How is this managed ?
- Am I right to assume that the "Scorbitron" kit we buy for a given machine is actually using multiple boards, and should I need to transfer the Scorbitron to a new machine I need to buy the relevant cabling/probes/etc ? For example moving from a Spike machine to a Whitestar, I assume I need to add the DMD probe ?
- How does Spike integration work ? On JJP we have this nice QR code to scan, is it similar on Spike or is it closer to what you have for WPC ?
- Finally... Stern announced their own score/achievement system. I assume it will of course not be compatible with Scorbit ?

Regards

#380 2 years ago

JJP says scorbit is free for woz. All that's needed is an AC600wireless usb adapter to update to 7.04 code?

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

JJP says scorbit is free for woz. All that's needed is an AC600wireless usb adapter to update to 7.04 code?

For all JJP games. I asked this earlier - it’s pretty awesome, I can’t wait to try it out. The WIFI dongle seems to be the responsibility of the owner, which makes sense. You may be able to drag an Ethernet cable into the room too

#382 2 years ago

I’ve payed 17 euros for the wifi dongle for my wonka. That’s all i need.
I am very curious what the price will be for a new stern apron with qr reader.

#383 2 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I’ve payed 17 euros for the wifi dongle for my wonka. That’s all i need.
I am very curious what the price will be for a new stern apron with qr reader.

199.99 dollar. Was announced on stream by George Gomez last thursday.
not every game needs an apron. Premium games do not require it. some Pro's do because the right side of the apron does not have a cutout in there allready.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Good morning,
Just tested Scorbit on my DialedIn, really cool and nice integration.
This does raise quite a few questions should I decide to invest into Scorbitron for non JJP machines, specifically:
- I assume you ship from the US, so we need to add VAT and custom clearance to the Scorbitron, correct ?
- There seems to be a price drop when buying Scorbitron for multiple machines. Does this apply only for multiple units per order, or is this cumulative (say I buy one Scorbitron for my LOTR, and decide that I love it so much I want another one, will I get the 269 pricing) ?
- Same question on licencing price: if I buy a one year licence for one machine, then add another machine two months later... How is this managed ?
- Am I right to assume that the "Scorbitron" kit we buy for a given machine is actually using multiple boards, and should I need to transfer the Scorbitron to a new machine I need to buy the relevant cabling/probes/etc ? For example moving from a Spike machine to a Whitestar, I assume I need to add the DMD probe ?
- How does Spike integration work ? On JJP we have this nice QR code to scan, is it similar on Spike or is it closer to what you have for WPC ?
- Finally... Stern announced their own score/achievement system. I assume it will of course not be compatible with Scorbit ?
Regards

I'm a customer and have bought about 30 boards.

1: Yes and yes sadly!
2: Yes it reduces as you have more boards, but you don't get money back from boards you already bought.
3: not sure how they do that jsa I'm sure will answer.
4: So there are three options for grabbing the score -> DMD, Digital display and serial - but many more combinations for the power grab of the board. So if you go from SAM to SAM or WPC to WPC you don't need anything different. But if you go WPC to SAM then you'll need the updated power cables.
5: You can print QR codes for all games and scan them, I do this and it works really well. Spike 2 doesn't display anything on screen and Spike 2 grabs scores from the USB port of the CPU.
6: Stern are doing their own thing which I get but Scorbit is open and it would be great if Stern supported Scorbit especially considering Scorbit supports ALL_ stern games not just Spike 2. Sterns Insider System and Scorbit can co-exist and I hope Stern work with Scorbit to realise that.

Scorbit has some epic capabilities in Scorbitvision and now has DTM and Matchplay integration for tournaments; Stern isn't interested in a pinball wide ecosystem unsurprisingly but its needed and hopefully they will do the minimum. Let's be honest, Nobody is going to buy a pinball machine because of its online system, its not going to differentiate any manufacturer therefore co-opitition makes sense, or let Scorbit and others pay a license to use online capabilities on the games. I'd be happy to pick that cost up. As an online geek scorbit is epic. We have it at our pinball club and the punters love getting their names on the top of the high score board which we reset every month and have prices for best scores at the end of the year.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 22.54.35 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-10-20 at 22.54.35 (resized).png

image0 (resized).JPGimage0 (resized).JPG

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

yup thats right I have it on my dialled in and it worked fantastically.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

199.99 dollar. Was announced on stream by George Gomez last thursday.
not every game needs an apron. Premium games do not require it. some Pro's do because the right side of the apron does not have a cutout in there allready.

Did they state if there was a monthly fee to use the service?

Regards

#387 2 years ago

I pay just under $200 a year for Scorbit service and in that I've got achievements, high score tables, integration with matchplay/DTM, SDK that allows me to hook this system into anything I chose on as many games as I like. Given what we spend on pinball it seems like a bargain to me.

#388 2 years ago

FYI, I’m not sure where to submit a big report, but I just tried to sign up for Scorbitvision on my phone, and there was a validation message, but it’s cut off at the top and I couldn’t read what it says. Might be worth a look

#389 2 years ago

jsa hey I’ve setup an account and seems like it’s not letting me login. Tried doing the password reset, get the email confirm and still get can’t login. Is there a delay in the password resets?

#390 2 years ago

I’ve put in a support request

#391 2 years ago

Ok, it’s working. Thanks!

#392 2 years ago

jsa which one is Data East GNR?

C8BF0BE2-0330-4B56-9018-7567818E4BFA (resized).jpegC8BF0BE2-0330-4B56-9018-7567818E4BFA (resized).jpeg
#393 2 years ago

NeilMcRae did such a good job answering, I'll try to add some additional detail.

Quoted from Ashram56:

That is correct. We've had some very different experiences with different countries, but your mileage may vary.

Quoted from Ashram56:

As Neil said, it is cumulative in that we base your new unit pricing on the number of licenses you have. This is designed to reward folks for their previous commitment. What we do is "prorate" any license you get into the remaining period of your term (most folks choose annual), based on a recalculation of the total with the new license count. Since pricing is tiered, things get interesting when you change tiers. To assist with this, on our website, the new proration/recurring amounts are listed and and presented to you. You can also go into the Account Menu on the website and experiment with adding/removing licenses without Scorbitrons if there is any doubt.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Neil summarized it well. One way to think about this is that all Scorbitrons are the same, plus a data solution and a power solution. DMD probes are identical and can be moved from DMD to DMD, but as Neil points out, power solutions can change. You can see the different kits at https://scorbit.io/accessories.

Quoted from Ashram56:

We get scores over a serial cable from the Spike MPU board, similar to how we do with Spooky. However, as Neil points out, we do not manipulate the screens or game of a Spike 2, at least until some hopeful day Stern decides to integrate with us more directly. We have hundreds of Spike 2 users like Neil that are very happy with their product, which is not exclusive to Stern's network in any way.

Quoted from Ashram56:

- Finally... Stern announced their own score/achievement system. I assume it will of course not be compatible with Scorbit?

To be clear, their own platform is exclusive to new Sterns (Spike 2s). We do also work with Spike 2s plus older Sterns dating back to the 1970's. We have approached Stern numerous times since we first demoed the product in 2016, and while they haven't agreed to engage or talk with us so far, we promise we won't give up! We're huge Stern fans at Scorbit and really want to help get more people playing. At the moment, the two systems do operate separately, though not exclusively (at least, from our perspective anyway).

Quoted from Ashram56:

Did they state if there was a monthly fee to use the service?

For JJP or anyone who hits our API directly (several other manufacturers are currently developing direct API integration), there is no charge for standard licenses. There is a monthly or annual fee to use the service for non-directly connected games that use our hardware. There is a discount for going with annual, with all the pricing available on our website. See https://scorbit.io for details.

Is Scotbit doing achievements for Stern games?

Yes, based on scores, locations (venues), time, speed, people or other factors, but we have not released this yet. First we will continue to roll out JJP achievements, then we will move to DMDs, and then we will roll out the serial-based and solid state games.

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

jsa which one is Data East GNR?

Ah! Great question. We will add manufacturer to that soon! It's the second one on the list.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

FYI, I’m not sure where to submit a big report, but I just tried to sign up for Scorbitvision on my phone, and there was a validation message, but it’s cut off at the top and I couldn’t read what it says. Might be worth a look

To verify, this was at https://sv.scorbit.io and the validation error happened after you submitted your user information? Feel free to contact us directly also via [email protected] or our discord channel, https://discord.gg/HyFgqFfvjZ

#394 2 years ago

Jay is workin workin workin day & night

5C8250DB-E47E-4CAD-83F4-B3A2F8E42FFB.gif5C8250DB-E47E-4CAD-83F4-B3A2F8E42FFB.gif
#395 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Jay is workin workin workin day & night[quoted image]

Pinside is the fun stuff! Also, my job IS pinball, which doesn't suck.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

To verify, this was at https://sv.scorbit.io and the validation error happened after you submitted your user information? Feel free to contact us directly also via [email protected] or our discord channel, https://discord.gg/HyFgqFfvjZ

Yes, correct, the validation occurred as I was submitting the form. The message appeared correctly but it was cut off in the Safari window (iPhone 7+) and I was unable to read the full text, which I needed I order to understand what the error was. Thanks for the Discord tip!

#397 2 years ago

So I installed the wifi dongles and new code in my Hobbit and Dialed In last night, and it seems to work pretty well so far. A couple of questions though:

-When I start a game, I get the QR code, and scan it in the Android app, but half the time it just spins on "Loading session". Is this just crappy wifi between the game and the server? Is there anything in the game logs that shows what happened, or if something timed out?
-On Hobbit, I noticed that it shows the player name above the score, but not on Dialed In. Is that something that can be added in a future update?

Otherwise, a nice free addition to the games, except for the $15 wifi dongles of course. I ordered these ones (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07PB1X4CN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00), and they worked just fine (although they can't see my 5g network)

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

-When I start a game, I get the QR code, and scan it in the Android app, but half the time it just spins on "Loading session". Is this just crappy wifi between the game and the server? Is there anything in the game logs that shows what happened, or if something timed out?

It should show you the game session immediately when you hit the start button. When you scan the QR code, is it the one in the upper right of the game screen?

Try navigating the app to the location (press the big S, choose the venue, then the game). Does it still say loading session with a spinning disk?

-

Quoted from ChrisBardon:On Hobbit, I noticed that it shows the player name above the score, but not on Dialed In. Is that something that can be added in a future update?

Yes, for one player games, DI does show the player name as well when you claim. It doesn't show that very often though, as the game works a little differently as you know.

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

This same thing was happening to me every couple games when I was playing last Friday.

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

This same thing was happening to me every couple games when I was playing last Friday.

Me too. Servers getting too busy, with all the new JJP machines available with Scorbit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.