Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 422 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tab_bar (resized).jpg
    6B1F825E-AE27-4645-9934-3A979907B401.gif
    5C8250DB-E47E-4CAD-83F4-B3A2F8E42FFB.gif
    C8BF0BE2-0330-4B56-9018-7567818E4BFA (resized).jpeg
    image0 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 22.54.35 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211014-165119_Scorbit (resized).jpg
    IMG_3993 (resized).PNG
    Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 8.19.24 AM (resized).png
    stats_scores_achievements (resized).png
    Screenshot_20211013-231447_Scorbit (resized).jpg
    challenges_complete (resized).jpg
    challenges_send (resized).jpg
    details (resized).jpg
    profile (resized).jpg
    stats_scores_achievements (resized).jpg

There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 33 days ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Bring it. I got my Sleestak beat down stick ready to rock
    [quoted image]

That made my day.

#302 32 days ago

Good work on this. Is it at all possible to change the achievements sound or mute it? I got through 5 games last night and couldn’t stand that sound anymore.

#303 32 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Good work on this. Is it at all possible to change the achievements sound or mute it? I got through 5 games last night and couldn’t stand that sound anymore.

You mean the sound in the game, or the sound on the app? The sound in the game, what would you prefer it to be? As for the app, you can adjust notification alerts, so you can tell it too not send you push notifications. You still would see the in the activity feed. This is in account menut > settings > notifications.

-jay

#304 32 days ago

EDIT: Playing now and adding clarity

The dong sound in the game when the achievement is met and flashes on the screen. The integration is great it’s just a loud high pitch sound each time. Would be nice to be able to mute that or change the tone... just something about that particular sound that doesn’t appeal to my ears. Reminds me of a cell phone alarm or something.

What would I want it to be - something more subtle. I like the idea of a noise maybe more of a chime than a doorbell. It’s more high pitch and overpowering during gameplay. Not sure how else to describe a sound I would want.

I’m not having any issues with the app works great.

Thanks

Quoted from jsa:

You mean the sound in the game, or the sound on the app? The sound in the game, what would you prefer it to be? As for the app, you can adjust notification alerts, so you can tell it too not send you push notifications. You still would see the in the activity feed. This is in account menut > settings > notifications.
    -jay

#305 31 days ago

Well this is super annoying. I drove 40 miles to update and get scorbit working on my Wonka and it just continues to fail. Any advice?

Screenshot_20210926-121945.png
    #306 31 days ago

fattdirk Can you possibly chat with me in our discord channel? https://discord.gg/FEE7KYbQQY

I can certainly help there!!

#307 31 days ago

There are so many reasons that it might be best to chat in real time. However, if not, if you could please post your Scorbit username and the venue you're in, I'll take a look!

#308 31 days ago
    Quoted from jsa:

There are so many reasons that it might be best to chat in real time. However, if not, if you could please post your Scorbit username and the venue you're in, I'll take a look!

Fattdirk
    Madcap Brew Co. Kent Ohio

#309 31 days ago

fattdirk The first thing I'd like you to check is the version of Wonka you're running.

Next I'd like you to check in the Wonka menu is the wifi settings, make sure the connected status message is green.

The third thing I'd like you to check is the time in the lower right corner of the menu screen. Is it correct? Also, make sure your time is set to network time and the time zone is correct.

Once that is done, go to the Scorbit menu, make sure it's enabled.

Check your Scorbit app version, make sure it's 1.1.4.

Finally, the QR code on the game should say "Connect to Scorbit." If it says connected, let me know. If it says Connect, then scan the QR code and it should find your existing game.

Let's start with that, let me know!

#310 31 days ago

I had to leave the location but here's what I did.

1. Updated Wonka to latest code
    2. Downloaded Scorbit app and created my account
    3. Connected Wonka to wifi
    4. Enabled scorbit and scanned the QR code in the menu on Wonka
    5. found Madcap in the search and that's as far as I could get. I tried multiple times.

#311 31 days ago

fattdirk Yes, I figured those steps. What I need to know to fix pairing is some of the details in my above post, so next time you're there, let me know. Also, reach out to me on discord and I'm happy to help you in real-time. No one should go to a location and have to deal with that!

I'm really sorry for the problem there. I'm willing to bet it's network time related, it almost always is.

-Jay

#312 31 days ago

I appreciate the responsiveness. If I would've known I would've posted while I was in front of the machine. I'll connect with you in discord this week when I'm up there again. Thanks.

#313 31 days ago
    Quoted from jsa:

fattdirk The first thing I'd like you to check is the version of Wonka you're running.
    Next I'd like you to check in the Wonka menu is the wifi settings, make sure the connected status message is green.
    The third thing I'd like you to check is the time in the lower right corner of the menu screen. Is it correct? Also, make sure your time is set to network time and the time zone is correct.
    Once that is done, go to the Scorbit menu, make sure it's enabled.
    Check your Scorbit app version, make sure it's 1.1.4.
    Finally, the QR code on the game should say "Connect to Scorbit." If it says connected, let me know. If it says Connect, then scan the QR code and it should find your existing game.
    Let's start with that, let me know!

Thanks for posting, I had the same issue with my Wonka. Ended up being the wrong timezone. Once I fixed that, the game registered via the app.

#314 31 days ago

Sorry about the time zone stuff everyone. This is one area where the Internet security world just doesn't compromise for a properly set up IoT device.

Long story, but it's part of standard identity management/authentication stuff that is required to avoid "bad things" happening. Normal for something like Alexa or Google Home to get their own time and time zone when connected to wifi or GPS, but pinball machines are, by nature, going to be a bit less sophisticated.

On the other hand, we get a bunch of side benefits of having all the communication be on the exact same clock!

#315 30 days ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I'm going to add an option to mute the sound in game.

#316 30 days ago
    Quoted from dr_light:

Amen!

#317 30 days ago
    Quoted from dr_light:

dr_light is truly a wizard of space and time.

#318 30 days ago
    Quoted from jsa:

dr_light is truly a wizard of space and time.

I believe that's Flash Man. Dr. Light created Mega Man.

#319 30 days ago

Lol, if only I was pinball wizard.

#320 30 days ago

Thank you a ton for this!

Quoted from dr_light:

#321 30 days ago

can't wait for the DI code!

#322 29 days ago
    Quoted from dr_light:

Ok now I might need to unbox my GNR

#324 29 days ago

Just a little patience... Sorry couldn't help myself.

#325 29 days ago

jsa when you get a score on a GNR LE, can you compare scores with CE / SE or are the boards segregated by Model/Version only

#326 28 days ago

wonder if biggest jackpot on song will be an achievement on GnR?
    Or biggest jackpot lost for that matter.

#327 28 days ago

jsa when you get a score on a GNR LE, can you compare scores with CE / SE or are the boards segregated by Model/Version only

Scorbit categorizes scores together for games that have the same rules/physics. So in the case of GnR, for global leaderboards, the LE/CE are grouped, and the SE is considered on its own.

Every specific physical machine has its own local leaderboard. Global leaderboards (based on the same title) respect these machine groups.

Note that with ScorbitVision, you can create your own leaderboards based on groups of specific machines or individuals, titles, locations or time.

#328 27 days ago

Man scorbit is so cool. Can't recommend it enough. Definitely adds a lot to location play. Can't wait to get it fully rolled out.

#329 26 days ago
    Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit categorizes scores together for games that have the same rules/physics. So in the case of GnR, for global leaderboards, the LE/CE are grouped, and the SE is considered on its own.

Oh good. I was hoping this was the grouping so when I finally unbox my GNR I can whoop Rolls-Royce online on his CE with my LE. Where’s my paddle?

63172FD1-3719-40CC-B79C-5CEE69D9FAD4.gif
    #330 26 days ago

Im really enjoying this on my Wonka!

#331 26 days ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

Man scorbit is so cool. Can't recommend it enough. Definitely adds a lot to location play. Can't wait to get it fully rolled out.

Thanks man! We're all really proud of it here at Scorbit. I'm working on DMD stuff today and it's hysterical and fun, I have the best job ever.

Oh good. I was hoping this was the grouping so when I finally unbox my GNR I can whoop Rolls-Royce online on his CE with my LE. Where’s my paddle?
    [quoted image]

On ScorbitVision (https://sv.scorbit.io) I've set up a couple scoreboards myself for a specific game title with only one other person on it, set for "one score per player." This way I can remind him that I'm above him always. Sometimes it's important to express your dominance in a more dramatic way.

Quoted from bossk4hire:

Im really enjoying this on my Wonka!

We've actually got a Wonka in the lab. It's on loan for R&D, but I really don't want it to go away. Maybe we should start a "keep Wonka at Scorbit's lab" GoFundMe.

-Jay

#332 26 days ago

Oh the bragging rights and the in your face is what it’s all about right

#333 24 days ago

the agony of waiting till the achievement arrive on GnR is killing me. But when it gets there it will be so cool.

Quick question, I have the scorbit working on my GnR and app. I can scan and claim a spot when i start a game, however when a buddy of mine scans the QR code in his app the app it just keeps showing a circling indicator and just hangs there. He has repeatedly reinstalled the app and connected the machine at my house but it keeps on doing that. Any ideas how to fix this. Really want him to get the achievements experience when they arrive.

#334 24 days ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

the agony of waiting till the achievement arrive on GnR is killing me. But when it gets there it will be so cool.
    Quick question, I have the scorbit working on my GnR and app. I can scan and claim a spot when i start a game, however when a buddy of mine scans the QR code in his app the app it just keeps showing a circling indicator and just hangs there. He has repeatedly reinstalled the app and connected the machine at my house but it keeps on doing that. Any ideas how to fix this. Really want him to get the achievements experience when they arrive.

Yes, this is caused by your house being set to "Private" in the edit machine screen. You don't have to change it, just go to the My Venues list, click on the venue's name, and on the "Players" side of the screen, add your list of users who might be at your house playing the game.

This way only they will see your house on their app venue list, and they will be able to play no problem.

IMG_3880 (resized).PNG

#335 24 days ago
    Quoted from jsa:

Yes, this is caused by your house being set to "Private" in the edit machine screen. You don't have to change it, just go to the My Venues list, click on the venue's name, and on the "Players" side of the screen, add your list of users who might be at your house playing the game.
    This way only they will see your house on their app venue list, and they will be able to play no problem.
    [quoted image]

Thanks alot, That did the trick. Happy days are here again.

#336 18 days ago

Will jjp GnR eventually work like WW where your name will show on the screen instead of "player 1"?
    Also is there a way to default each score to add to the leader board instead of being asked every time? We fire off game after game and if we don't stop to add the score we end up missing some really good ones to the leader board.

#337 18 days ago

a question:

during gameplay you see the game progress on your phone.
    but when I go to another screen in the scorbit-app during a game, I can't find the progress screen and I couldn't save my game (at the end) to the leaderboard.
    is this normal?

#338 17 days ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Will jjp GnR eventually work like WW where your name will show on the screen instead of "player 1"?
    Also is there a way to default each score to add to the leader board instead of being asked every time? We fire off game after game and if we don't stop to add the score we end up missing some really good ones to the leader board.

Yes, GnR will have that feature very soon. For home use, you can go to your Account Menu > Playing Preferences and set auto-claim and auto-submit on. Then if you navigate the app to the game, either directly or via QR, as long as the app is open, it should auto submit all your scores. We have some feature coming to make this even easier.

#339 17 days ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

a question:
    during gameplay you see the game progress on your phone.
    but when I go to another screen in the scorbit-app during a game, I can't find the progress screen and I couldn't save my game (at the end) to the leaderboard.
    is this normal?

You should always be able to return to the machine. Machines are located in a venue. If it’s your own game, make sure to go to the Account Menu > My Venues and edit your venue to have your address, or at least your city, so the app knows you’re close. Alternatively you can set a Home Venue in your Account Menu > Viewing Preferences and you’ll always find your machines listed first.

The big S at the bottom is the play tab. If you press that, you should be able to get back to the game. It “re-homes” you back to a venue list, where you can choose and find the machine.

Generally after a game, you can either have auto-submit selected in your playing preferences or you can come back to it as long as another game hasn’t started yet.

You can find a number of support documents at https://support.scorbit.io.

-Jay

#340 16 days ago
    Quoted from jsa:

Yes, GnR will have that feature very soon. For home use, you can go to your Account Menu > Playing Preferences and set auto-claim and auto-submit on. Then if you navigate the app to the game, either directly or via QR, as long as the app is open, it should auto submit all your scores. We have some feature coming to make this even easier.

Awesome! Thank you! I'm really enjoying scorbit with my willy wonka!

Screenshot_20211010-195352_Scorbit (resized).jpg
    #341 15 days ago

It's official. The achievements in GnR rock. Loving it.

#342 14 days ago

I played GnR today with latest code and unlocked a bunch of achievements which was nice to see. I would love to be able to see what I unlocked and what is left to achieve. Is there a place to see this?

#343 14 days ago
    Quoted from cybevenom:

It's official. The achievements in GnR rock. Loving it.

How do you know? I can't find a list or anything about them

#344 14 days ago

1. Is there a way to view achievements that you earned or need?
    2. I just played GnR. I registered my name and played a game. It didn't seem to grab the 2nd game. Do I need to claim my player every game?

#345 14 days ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

My name was on the screen as I was playing instead of player 1 after I updated gnr today.

Still wondering where I can see my achievements.

#346 14 days ago
    Quoted from eharan:

I played GnR today with latest code and unlocked a bunch of achievements which was nice to see. I would love to be able to see what I unlocked and what is left to achieve. Is there a place to see this?

First I should start by saying, when I say "Account Menu," I mean the menu with your player profile picture in the upper right hand corner of the app.

The way you can "go back" to the last screen is with a swipe from the left edge of the screen to the right.

If you go to your Account Menu > Profile, you'll see a feed of all the scores, achievements and challenges you have received, sorted most recent on top. If you click on an achievement here, you do see a detailed view of that achievement.

profile (resized).jpg

However, if you want a more detailed view, you can press the "Stats" button next to your name in the profile screen. From there, you have two tabs: Stats and Scores/Achievements.

The stats button does what I'm sure you would think it does.

The scores/achievements lets you first search for a game title (such as Guns N' Roses), and then toggle (using the small icon on the upper right of the box) between your scores for that game and achievements for that game. You can click on a score or an achievement for more details of either one.

stats_scores_achievements (resized).jpg

In general around the app, you can click on a score, or an achievement, for a detail of either one.

details (resized).jpg

Quoted from bigd1979:

How do you know? I can't find a list or anything about them

See above.

Quoted from Shredso:

1. Is there a way to view achievements that you earned or need?
    2. I just played GnR. I registered my name and played a game. It didn't seem to grab the 2nd game. Do I need to claim my player every game?

1. See above.

2. The best way to think of it is that the platform needs to know it's you, and not anyone else, playing the game. You can make this happen a few different ways.

You can open the app (like I do) and leave it on the machine or near by, press the big S on the bottom and navigate to your venue. Next start the game and tap a player slot (if you tap Player 1, it becomes "you.") to check in. At the end of the game, you can save to leaderboard. It's ok if the app locks, as long as you save before another game begins, it will remember.

Another way you can simplify this is through the use of QR codes. If you scan one, and it's a one player game, the app with "auto-navigate" to the machine and claim the player 1 slot for you. This gets tricky when there are many people playing, and you can revert to the above option.

Finally, in the Account Menu > Settings > Playing Preferences, you can choose "auto-claim" and "auto-save." Auto-claim (a player slot) should be used sparingly, but in a home situation, it's nice because it grabs the Player 1 slot for you as long as the app is open. Auto-save will automatically save you score to the leaderboard, so you can skip that step. Either way, if you select both and leave the app open, all your games will be auto-claimed and auto-submitted.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

My name was on the screen as I was playing instead of player 1 after I updated gnr today.
    Still wondering where I can see my achievements.

Well that's good! See above.

I hope that helps folks. I'll post some walkthrough videos soon.

#347 14 days ago

#348 14 days ago

In the menu on the right there you can see “challenges”. Then I see: no challenges yet!
    What’s that?

#349 14 days ago
    Quoted from pascal-pinball:

In the menu on the right there you can see “challenges”. Then I see: no challenges yet!
    What’s that?

When you finish a game, after you save to leaderboard, you're presented with a screen like this:

challenges_send (resized).jpg

When you see the options, you'll see a little person with a "+" on it. You can tag other users to beat the score you just submitted. You can choose more than one at a time as well. Add anyone you like, click outside the user selection box, then you'll see the profile pics of the players you tagged. Click on SEND CHALLENGE and they all get notified that you've tagged them to beat your score.

Then what comes next if you're the person who received it is a little bit beta! We record all the challenges you've received for a specific game title. So if you get three challenges for Wonka, one from Bill, one from Bob, and one from Barry, you play each one out, one at a time.

The next time you play Wonka, we count the game against the first one on the list (Bill), and then Bob, and the Barry, successively. Your next game you save to leaderboard for that game counts! You'll see screens like this:

challenges_complete (resized).jpg

In this example, the user has won the challenge against his challenger. Then in the various feeds, community tab, Challenges menu, and on the user profiles, you see the results of challenges.

You can ping-pong back and forth on challenges, and also access them all in the menu.

Challenges expire in 7 days! So hurry up and play.

We know there are a TON of things in challenges that are being added in future releases, like the name of the challenger you're playing, and also the Challenge Match, which allows you to pick and choose players, and when everyone is in, and the challenge begins, you get one new game to count against it. Stay tuned for those challenges in a future release.

#350 14 days ago
    Quoted from jsa:

You can click on a score or an achievement for more details of either one.

Is there a way to see the full list of achievements for a game, not just the ones you have achieved? I can see what I have but cant seem to find the ones that I have not yet achieved?

Thanks
    Ed

There are 422 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside