• 876 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.
#201 3 years ago

No offense, the interface is a bit clunky. That said, I think I finally got it working. Is there a way for me to invite someone in my profile to a game I’m about to start? Then maybe I wait a minute before I press start to see if any of them join? Or do I need to text them outside of the app and have them find my location and game?

Also, I have my game set to private, can my friends/followers still see my game?

#202 3 years ago

Think I’m figuring it out. One feature I think would be cool for live challenges is show tilt warnings remaining (i.e. JJP GNR) and/or show game progress (patches/mode currently in, etc...). Yea that’s probably a little too much but just dreaming and seeing the vision.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No offense, the interface is a bit clunky. That said, I think I finally got it working. Is there a way for me to invite someone in my profile to a game I’m about to start? Then maybe I wait a minute before I press start to see if any of them join? Or do I need to text them outside of the app and have them find my location and game?
Also, I have my game set to private, can my friends/followers still see my game?

Hey, sorry Eskaybee for the delay on the response.

The interface (app) improves every day, so stay tuned. Don't hesitate to tell us what parts of it feel off.

Well to be clear: Are you talking about the app, or ScorbitVision? If you're talking about the app, it's meant to be local game play, not remote. However, the idea behind challenges is asynchronous, in that you play a full game, they play a full game, etc. (Not to be confused with leaderboards or temporary leaderboards.)

If your venue is private, you can add them in the My Venues screen in your settings.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Think I’m figuring it out. One feature I think would be cool for live challenges is show tilt warnings remaining (i.e. JJP GNR) and/or show game progress (patches/mode currently in, etc...). Yea that’s probably a little too much but just dreaming and seeing the vision.

Ok, so good news: We already support the modes, and that is already visible in ScorbitVision but will be released to the app shortly, just doing some final testing.

As for live challenges: Where do you want tilt warnings shown, exactly? Scoreboards or the app?

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey, sorry eskaybee for the delay on the response.
The interface (app) improves every day, so stay tuned. Don't hesitate to tell us what parts of it feel off.
Well to be clear: Are you talking about the app, or ScorbitVision? If you're talking about the app, it's meant to be local game play, not remote. However, the idea behind challenges is asynchronous, in that you play a full game, they play a full game, etc. (Not to be confused with leaderboards or temporary leaderboards.)
If your venue is private, you can add them in the My Venues screen in your settings.

Ok, so good news: We already support the modes, and that is already visible in ScorbitVision but will be released to the app shortly, just doing some final testing.
As for live challenges: Where do you want tilt warnings shown, exactly? Scoreboards or the app?

Heya JSA. So yea, thanks to kermit24 - he showed me the Scorbit vision stuff in a browser and we got to play some 2-player remote GNR! It was actually really fun to see each other’s score progressing and see what ball and mode we were each in live. So that’s kind of what I was thinking when i made my post but didn’t even know about the browser support. It was really fun and really awesome.

That said, a few suggestions based on our limited play. Instead of showing song mode, show what song they are in? I guess tilt warnings aren’t that needed, but if displayed, perhaps show 2 red light icons for tilt warnings remaining, much like GNR does in the outlane.

All in all, i can really see this taking off, especially since you’re teamed up with JJP and games sync fairly easily. Perhaps in the future having JJP challenge matches would be cool - like first one to get all 4 booster multiballs. Or first one to start a song. Or highest score in 5 minutes. Or first one to an album mode. First one to slash solo. Etc...

#205 3 years ago

scorbit_gift_header (resized).jpgscorbit_gift_header (resized).jpg

Ho, ho, ho, it's that season again.

A few have asked for gift cards, so we put them up. I've never sold a gift card in my life, so I'm new to gift card etiquette. Let's review.

* If you sent this gift card to someone who didn't have a pinball machine, doesn't that make you a jerk? I mean, probably, you should buy them a pinball machine instead. Or give to their "buy me a JJP" GoFundMe campaign.

* Now, let's say you already bought your friend a pinball machine, and it hasn't arrived yet. Maybe it's a GnR. In that case, first of all, you're quite the hero gifting a pinball machine. Please add me to your gift list. I have no more words on this one, you're a special person. You've done enough. Don't buy a gift card.

* Now, let's say your buddy has one of those already, and five other machines, and he or she wanted them all on the same leaderboarding system and so forth, you could send them one of these and it's much more politically correct. (JJP owners don't need this for a JJP machine, because it's 100% free for those, so it would be super weird and strange thing to do.)

* I guess this also makes a nice tournament gift, though if you had to choose a prize between giving this and toilet paper right now, you might choose the toilet paper, because we have plenty of gift cards, and last I checked there isn't as much toilet paper. Just saying.

https://scorbit.io/product/scorbit-gift-card/

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It was really fun and really awesome.

Well that's amazing! I love hearing that.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Instead of showing song mode, show what song they are in? I guess tilt warnings aren’t that needed, but if displayed, perhaps show 2 red light icons for tilt warnings remaining, much like GNR does in the outlane.

I will pass these recommendations to JJP! They code the modes, and then we display it. I don't see why we couldn't include tilt warnings in the state updates, or anything else for that matter. These are great suggestions!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Perhaps in the future having JJP challenge matches would be cool - like first one to get all 4 booster multiballs. Or first one to start a song. Or highest score in 5 minutes. Or first one to an album mode. First one to slash solo. Etc...

Yep, that's EXACTLY what we want you to be dreaming up. The basis of our achievement features, hopefully soon! We can't wait to show you what we're cooking up and I know JJP is excited as well.

#207 3 years ago

A low volt contact closure output (controllable) would be nice as well. Could then use that to drive a contactor to turn machines on and off.

#208 3 years ago

Depending on the API I could automate giving house credit in our POS system for hitting scoring thresholds on machines.

Is the API publicly available?

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Depending on the API I could automate giving house credit in our POS system for hitting scoring thresholds on machines.

but will that pass the law or will some one say that makes it an bingo with the remote credit stuff.

#210 3 years ago

The API will be publicly available shortly, we're just finishing a front end and dedicated endpoints for it. What you're describing is totally doable. People have been using our ScorbitVision endpoints (bit of a hack) for some of this now on streams...though give us a little time and we'll get you a better way in that's cleaner.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but will that pass the law or will some one say that makes it an bingo with the remote credit stuff.

That is only true in places where they still have blue laws saying pinball is a game of chance. Most places don't think that anymore thanks to our hero, Roger Sharpe. Although some local laws do place some restrictions on competitive prizes and so on. YMMV.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/8in5tp/drunk-history-pinball-prohibition

#212 3 years ago

Again, I haven't delved to deeply into your specs and current features but I keep thinking about your system and nice feature sets for applications such as mine.

Are monthly subscriptions for patrons a possibility through scorbit?

Patron can pay monthly fee for free play at a location (Price determined by location)
Scorbit collects payment through their app
Scorbit distributes payment to location monthly (minus a handling fee)
Scorbit shares contact info of subscribers with location/creates mailing lists for location
Scorbit App allows subscriber to add credits to location machines for their free play
App limits frequency of credits (so that a subscriber can't load up machines for non paying friends)
Scorbit app uses location services to ensure that subscriber is physically at location

#213 3 years ago

Again, I haven't delved to deeply into your specs and current features but I keep thinking about your system and nice feature sets for applications such as mine.
Patron can pay monthly fee for free play at a location (Price determined by location)
Scorbit shares contact info of subscribers with location/creates mailing lists for location
Scorbit App allows subscriber to add credits to location machines for their free play
App limits frequency of credits (so that a subscriber can't load up machines for non paying friends)
Scorbit app uses location services to ensure that subscriber is physically at location

That may work (better with direct in credits vs just coin in switches so that cash bonus does not give more credits) (maybe with online game like JJP they can do like how there are cash on player cards / CC like on golden tee).

#214 3 years ago

Our payment system is being designed to the needs of various operator types, so yes, that does include venue owners. The way to look at it is we will implement anything to reduce friction and get people playing games as often as possible.

We really appreciate the ideas, keep them coming.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

That may work (better with direct in credits vs just coin in switches so that cash bonus does not give more credits) (maybe with online game like JJP they can do like how there are cash on player cards / CC like on golden tee).

What appeals to the players in our research so far is both single venue value and multi-venue value, so if payment methodologies can also get them playing in more than one location, that would work well. I like the idea of "patron memberships" that layer on top of other cashless and touchless options, that follows along with promotions. We're also aware of time, so you can time bracket different options as well, like happy hours.

We will get the foundation elements working in a solid, reliable fashion, and build on top of it a number of models. Some will work, some probably won't, but that's the beauty of platforms like this.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Our payment system is being designed to the needs of various operator types, so yes, that does include venue owners. The way to look at it is we will implement anything to reduce friction and get people playing games as often as possible.
We really appreciate the ideas, keep them coming.

What appeals to the players in our research so far is both single venue value and multi-venue value, so if payment methodologies can also get them playing in more than one location, that would work well. I like the idea of "patron memberships" that layer on top of other cashless and touchless options, that follows along with promotions. We're also aware of time, so you can time bracket different options as well, like happy hours.
We will get the foundation elements working in a solid, reliable fashion, and build on top of it a number of models. Some will work, some probably won't, but that's the beauty of platforms like this.

Is your name Jay? If so we have a mutual acquaintance I believe you used to be a business partner with that help get you hooked on pinball (Keith).

#216 3 years ago

Is your name Jay? If so we have a mutual acquaintance I believe you used to be a business partner with that help get you hooked on pinball (Keith).

Indeed, I'm Jay. Keith just reached out. Small world. (Keith, a few others and I started Revision3 together.)

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Indeed, I'm Jay. Keith just reached out. Small world. (Keith, a few others and I started Revision3 together.)

I don't think I've met Keith in person but I've murdered him virtually in WW2 aircraft since the 90's. He's never gotten me... not even once.

#218 3 years ago

I don't think I've met Keith in person but I've murdered him virtually in WW2 aircraft since the 90's. He's never gotten me... not even once.

This is valuable information. I will make sure to use it.

1 week later
#219 3 years ago

There is zero chance as an operator that I am paying over $200 per game plus the monthly subscription fee on top of this.

All while giving you the keys to my data and machines (so to speak). Sorry, got burned once by payrange junk.

I don’t see a chance in hell of this being widely adopted when you are charging so much up front AND wanting a piece of the super small pie of what even comes in for the effort of maintaining pins on route.

Come back to me when you have a one time fee for your mod and then I may be interested.

This has some cool ideas but they are dead before even starting at this double dip business model. Everyone wants their residuals it seems.

Also have some major concerns with using this on stern games given their new ability to brick a game for this sort of modification.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

There is zero chance as an operator that I am paying over $200 per game plus the monthly subscription fee on top of this.

Note that that isn't our pricing... but I get it, not everyone is a match for this. Right now the hardware is pretty sophisticated and expensive to produce, but we are working to reduce our costs. We are getting flooded with new customers every day, and not just JJP customers which get this built in and for free. When operators start ramping up again I suspect we'll be in a better place to offer operators a model like you describe. Standard plans are flat rated though and we are offering promotions on all of it (including free).

Quoted from Whysnow:

All while giving you the keys to my data and machines (so to speak).

Well, no, that's not what we do, but your caution is is respectable. The data is yours, not ours. We don't have any interest in selling that to anyone and we are willing to promise that. A score is no different to us than one on a game high score list. It's only meaningful in context. Also, even with scores, if you have a private venue or machine, no one else has access to that.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, got burned once by payrange junk.

Yep, you're not alone, but I think it's also defined by the model. If our business model was based on transactions, our behavior would be based on that. Since we use subscriptions, it allows us to focus on the end goal of making an operator more total profit. The bottom line: Don't use our professional product if it doesn't make you more money and happy as an operator!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Also have some major concerns with using this on stern games given their new ability to brick a game for this sort of modification.

If Stern wants to brick your machine if you modify it, while a bit strange in premise for a game you've purchased previously, that's their prerogative and between them and the customer. Just my opinion, I think that's pretty much like Ford telling you they will stop your engine from running if you buy a 3rd party gasket or paint your own car. Honestly, I doubt very highly that's the intent. Regardless, I would advise avoiding feeding into scare tactics, the goal here is for everyone to play more pinball!

Remember, companies (like AOL in the 90s, Yahoo in the 2000's) built walled ecosystem gardens on the Internet for years, and it didn't work out so well for them. We will do whatever Stern wants as long as our customers are happy. We talked to George and Gary last year, I think these are good guys and I think everyone wants the same thing, more people playing.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Note that that isn't our pricing... but I get it, not everyone is a match for this. Right now the hardware is pretty sophisticated and expensive to produce, but we are working to reduce our costs. We are getting flooded with new customers every day, and not just JJP customers which get this built in and for free. When operators start ramping up again I suspect we'll be in a better place to offer operators a model like you describe. Standard plans are flat rated though and we are offering promotions on all of it (including free).

Well, no, that's not what we do, but your caution is is respectable. The data is yours, not ours. We don't have any interest in selling that to anyone and we are willing to promise that. A score is no different to us than one on a game high score list. It's only meaningful in context. Also, even with scores, if you have a private venue or machine, no one else has access to that.

Yep, you're not alone, but I think it's also defined by the model. If our business model was based on transactions, our behavior would be based on that. Since we use subscriptions, it allows us to focus on the end goal of making an operator more total profit. The bottom line: Don't use our professional product if it doesn't make you more money and happy as an operator!

If Stern wants to brick your machine if you modify it, while a bit strange in premise for a game you've purchased previously, that's their prerogative and between them and the customer. Just my opinion, I think that's pretty much like Ford telling you they will stop your engine from running if you buy a 3rd party gasket or paint your own car. Honestly, I doubt very highly that's the intent. Regardless, I would advise avoiding feeding into scare tactics, the goal here is for everyone to play more pinball!
Remember, companies (like AOL in the 90s, Yahoo in the 2000's) built walled ecosystem gardens on the Internet for years, and it didn't work out so well for them. We will do whatever Stern wants as long as our customers are happy. We talked to George and Gary last year, I think these are good guys and I think everyone wants the same thing, more people playing.

I think your product has some very cool ideas but have zero interest in ANY subscription model where you get any cut of coin drop in perpetuity.

I suggest a flat fee and free service for purchasing the equipment. Willing to at least give you product a try at a flat, one time cost. It will be hard enough to recoup that investment. A subscription mode makes your product a non starter.

If you must, then consider charging players the fee to play. I am guessing that will fall flat also. Subscription modes suck.

#222 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think your product has some very cool ideas but have zero interest in ANY subscription model where you get any cut of coin drop in perpetuity.
I suggest a flat fee and free service for purchasing the equipment. Willing to at least give you product a try at a flat, one time cost. It will be hard enough to recoup that investment. A subscription mode makes your product a non starter.
If you must, then consider charging players the fee to play. I am guessing that will fall flat also. Subscription modes suck.

You're right, most business do not like recurring models with unpredictable revenue streams, so we're open to feedback on this. The issue is that IoT models require some way to cover the operating costs of the infrastructure. There are a few ways to deal with that: Low cost subscriptions, higher up-front "lifetime" costs, or subsidized models (like your idea around players paying or some other business model). Tivo did a lifetime subscription/one-time fee concept, that is interesting, but in our research, most of our customers preferred a low subscription and lower hardware cost than higher up-front fee. Maybe we offer both if there is enough demand?

Regardless, on the issue of being against getting a cut of any coin drop, our goal will be to convince you the investment increases your take, not decreases. The total cost of ownership needs to be lower, and the total revenue and profit be higher. If that happens and we can prove it's valuable, hopefully you would change your mind.

We don't see ourselves as a hardware company, we see ourselves as a service company. I think that's part of the disconnect here.

#223 3 years ago

Do you have any stats on increased revenue due to your product. I find it hard (impossible?) to believe this will cause any increase in coin drop and surely not at an amount to offset the upfront cost already set for a long time and the subscription model kills it further.

From my experience (and that of other operators in a private group) it seems you have a big hill to climb.

Currently I see this being a nice novelty for large tournaments, a nice possibility for home players that like to mod games, and completely unfeasible for regular route play at the current model.

You can try to be a service company but this is a hardware and software that really is at best a possible tool for those providing an actual service.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Do you have any stats on increased revenue due to your product. I find it hard (impossible?) to believe this will cause any increase in coin drop and surely not at an amount to offset the upfront cost already set for a long time and the subscription model kills it further.

Not yet, but the burden is on us to prove it! We actually haven't formally rolled out our operator product yet, just our standard one, so our operators are mostly in beta with us.

Quoted from Whysnow:

From my experience (and that of other operators in a private group) it seems you have a big hill to climb.
Currently I see this being a nice novelty for large tournaments, a nice possibility for home players that like to mod games, and completely unfeasible for regular route play at the current model.

It probably wouldn't surprise you we have a lot of operator advisors, for quite some time. Please know your opinion is not alone, and it's meaningful to us, seriously. I think that there is a psychological component around subscriptions which is a blocker as well as the actual data to prove our point, which will come in time. Part of all of this is on the player feature side... We need to build features that get people playing, and that needs to be front and center or all of this, or all of it is, as you say, a nice novelty.

Quoted from Whysnow:

You can try to be a service company but this is a hardware and software that really is at best a possible tool for those providing an actual service.

Hardware is a necessary evil. Because we work (or will work) with all legacy electronic pinball machines it requires quite a lot of innovation on the hardware front, patents, testing, etc. We needed to build that capability and we're proud of it. I'm not saying we aren't committed to innovating on the hardware front. However, a hardware company makes money selling more hardware on a margin. That might work for large consumer markets, but not more narrow niche markets.

Planned obsolescence just feels wrong to me, but again, just an opinion.

#225 3 years ago

I look forward to adjustments you make in your model to see what works.

Highly suggest figuring out how to do away with anything but a flat fee for the hardware/software.

Good luck.

Happy to beta if you want another constructive/critical/hyper analytical to mess with it.

#226 3 years ago

A beautiful setup provided by one of our users, @dri:

mm_1 (resized).jpgmm_1 (resized).jpg
mm_2 (resized).jpgmm_2 (resized).jpg

Happy New Year everyone.

#227 3 years ago

FYI, we've pushed a ScorbitVision fix which addresses a bug in the timing logic. The slideshows should now time and display appropriately. If you experience problems, please clear your cache and reload your pages. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#228 3 years ago

App_Update_Website_012221_2 (resized).pngApp_Update_Website_012221_2 (resized).png

It’s a new year and to celebrate 2021, we’re excited to announce the release of a new version of the Scorbit mobile app! We’ve been hard at work and have got some great updates to make your pinball life even better. Here are the release notes and details of everything you can expect from Scorbit V1.0.20– Make sure to update your app on the Apple Appstore or the Google Play Store.

**Overview**

The new app debuts a new live game session screen, added game modes to the visual interface for live games, the addition of game specific leaderboards, a number of new enhancements, performance improvements, and dozens of bug fixes. Nothing exposes bugs and new feature ideas like having 1000 screaming Jersey Jack Guns N’ Roses fans all join your platform at the same time. Before you ask, no, we can’t force your game to play November Rain repeatedly forever, but trust us, we wish we could.

game_with_modes (resized).jpggame_with_modes (resized).jpg

**Updated Play Screens and Modes**

The game session information has been redesigned to make it easier to see who is playing, what ball you or your competitors are playing, and new to the app, what game mode is happening live in the game. For new games like Guns N’ Roses (JJP) and Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky), the modes work out of the box, like magic. These are the same modes visible within ScorbitVision scoreboards, and works with supported games. We’ll be adding modes for all games over time, so be on the lookout for future releases.

leaderboard_slides (resized).jpgleaderboard_slides (resized).jpg

**Leaderboards While You Wait**

We all need a lot of motivation to play better. To help with that, now when waiting for a game to start, Scorbit will display a few leaderboards to help set the bar before you coin drop. In these leaderboards you can see the top scores of this machine, the global top scores for that game, and the top scores of the previous month for this machine. We will eventually be adding other custom leaderboards to this list created with ScorbitVision, so stay tuned.

preferences_small (resized).jpgpreferences_small (resized).jpg

**New Player Preferences for Games**

Now when accessing your player preferences in the Settings, you have two new options. Auto-claim will add you to a player slot if there is only one available, automatically, when you navigate the app to a machine. Auto-submit will save your scores to the machine’s leaderboard after a game is over (without asking you first). While some may be more discerning about which scores get saved, we find it’s a good motivator to know that everyone can see all of your scores, even if it was a 300 on Wonka while on the main stage at Pinburgh in 2019. Not that this actually happened to any of us.

qr_code (resized).jpgqr_code (resized).jpg

**QR Codes Are So Hot**

Listen, we had to be forced kicking and screaming into QR codes, we admit it. We didn’t believe they were useful. After hearing some compelling arguments from some of our users, well, call us converted. This stuff actually turned out to be pretty amazing! Just tap the QR Display icon from your game session or edit machine screen and you can generate a custom QR Code that can drive people directly to your machine. Save it to your phone, share it, and best of all, print it and put it on your game someplace. Now, anyone can use the QR Camera icon in the app, scan the code and *boom* it pops the machine right up and claims a player slot (if there is only one available).

This makes using Scorbit way easier, and most of all, fun, because your friends are more likely to claim player slots and get in on the action. So if you’re like our friend Chris in Detroit who has a 100” television in his basement showing ScorbitVision live scores of Baby Pac Man (don’t judge him), your friends‘ names appear on the screen, and everyone loves to see their name in lights. If your friends don’t have the app, don’t worry... The QR code will take them right to the app page to download it, super fast.

**Performance Improvements**

The Scorbit team has been building Internet stuff for thirty years. Well Jay has, because he’s really old. That being said, we did not anticipate all you streamers getting all hackery on us so fast. Just so our friends in Monterey can keep the MFP pinball flowing at high speed, we’re constantly working at improving our performance. There are many more improvements coming, but we think you’ll find the app a bit more snappy.

Anyway, lots more to come, we’re just getting started! Here’s to a great 2021 and pinball!

-Jay, Ron & Brian

V1.0.20 Release Notes

• New and exciting game play screens
  • Modes now displayed in real-time (on supported games like Guns N'Roses (JJP), Total Nuclear Annihilation)
  • Added Top Scores, Global Top Scores and Monthly Top Scores while you wait for game to start
  • Added Settings > Player Preferences
  • Added Player Preference to auto-claim a player slot (when only one player is available) on a machine when it starts
  • Added Player Preference to auto-submit scores you've claimed when app is visible
  • Improved QR code for selecting game and player slot
  • Sharing QR codes now available from all machine screens
  • Scanning QR codes now available from anywhere
  • New Settings format in Account Menu
  • Dozens of minor bug fixes and graphic improvements
  • Performance improvements that make Scorbit awesome like a well balanced tilt bob

Don’t have the Scorbit app yet? Download it today from the Apple Appstore or the Google Play Store.

#229 3 years ago

Jay, the scorbit updates are fantastic! thanks to you and the team!

I've put up a couple of screens to present the scores in my home arcade:

IMG_1608 (resized).JPGIMG_1608 (resized).JPG
IMG_1610 (resized).JPGIMG_1610 (resized).JPG
IMG_0204 2 (resized).JPGIMG_0204 2 (resized).JPG

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Jay, the scorbit updates are fantastic! thanks to you and the team!
I've put up a couple of screens to present the scores in my home arcade:

Neil I promise, we'll get some better formatting web-oriented screens for you soon. Those leaderboard views are craving more real-estate!

1 week later
#231 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Neil I promise, we'll get some better formatting web-oriented screens for you soon. Those leaderboard views are craving more real-estate!

Maybe just get manufacturers to go back to one point increments?

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from dustin91:

Maybe just get manufacturers to go back to one point increments?

If only...

2 weeks later
#233 3 years ago

App_Update_Website_v1.0.21_v2 (resized).jpgApp_Update_Website_v1.0.21_v2 (resized).jpg

**App Release Version 1.0.21:**

Release notes:

- My Top Scores - All pinball machines now display your personal top scores on that machine as well as globally for that title.
- Manual Score Submission - Added leaderboards to all pinball machines, including machines without Scorbitrons installed.
- Many bug fixes.

The My Top Scores will display on the main screen when you navigate to any pinball machine. If you haven't posted scores for that machine yet, it will still show you your top score ever (logged on Scorbit) for that title. Note: this doesn't require Scorbit connectivity, it includes manual score submission.

We've improved the manual score submission screen for those games without a Scorbitron installed. Now, all the leaderboards are visible prior to submission. Like a Scorbitron-enabled game, you can page back and forth across these leaderboards. If you start typing a score, it will jump to the photo upload screen to speed up score submission.

Finally, we improved some of the memory usage and navigational elements, QR code sizing and printing, player slot auto-claim features, and general graphic fixes. We also added support for more Jersey Jack Pinball, Spooky Pinball and American Pinball integrations.

2 weeks later
#234 3 years ago

scorbit_wonka_16x9 (resized).pngscorbit_wonka_16x9 (resized).png

***Scorbit Is Now Available on Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory from Jersey Jack Pinball!***

Jersey Jack Pinball and Scorbit are at it again! After the amazing response to Scorbit being available on Guns N’ Roses from Jersey Jack Pinball, we got hard to work to bring Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory to the Scorbit platform. With the release of the latest code update for Wonka, version 1.34 brings WiFi capability to the machines and with that, owners of machines can connect to Scorbit!

Connecting to Scorbit is easy! With new version 1.0.22 of the app, once a game is connected to WiFi, all you need to do is scan the QR code from the Scorbit menu. You can scan it with the app, from outside the app, whatever you like. If you don't have the app, it will install it. If you do, you can scan it anywhere. If you're an advanced user, you can use the traditional method and choose Activate Scorbit from the Edit Machine options.

If you like a little more detail, you can follow the few steps needed to connect as outlined in the Scorbit Knowledge Base.

Once you’ve got your machine connected to Scorbit, it’s now connected to the universe of pinball on the Scorbit platform. That means you can submit your scores to keep track of your personal bests and brag to your followers. You can challenge your friends to beat your scores and best of all, you can use ScorbitVision to create leaderboards of your game to use on livestreams or on displays in your game room. Just go to sv.scorbit.io and log in with your Scorbit username and password to get started!

Note that along with the connection, there are settings to add or remove the QR graphic that appears during attract or prior to launching the first ball on the game. This QR graphic is used to give you Scorbit status, automatically connect the app to the game session where you can claim your player slots, watch it live, or submit your scores to the leaderboard. You can also print out the QR code for placing on scorecards or your lockdown bar, and remove the graphic from the screen using the game menu options. We have found that for multi-players, it really helps get people connected and claiming scores.

Now that Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is online with Scorbit, you can see the Global Leaderboard for all scores on Wonka on Scorbit. Check out the Wonka CE/LE Leaderboard and the Wonka Regular Edition Leaderboard.

Make sure you install the Scorbit app to make this all happen! Download it today from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.

We can’t wait to see all your scores come up on Scorbit as you play Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory/Thanks to our pals at Jersey Jack Pinball for making the connected pinball magic happen again!

#235 3 years ago

Just activated my wonka, but cannot get past this screen on app after selecting game or scanning QR code on machine. I have a strong internet connection.

Next day update - Without any changes, it worked this morning. Pretty cool tool.

23C578A1-7FD6-45DA-8DB8-E463A1F684F9 (resized).jpeg23C578A1-7FD6-45DA-8DB8-E463A1F684F9 (resized).jpeg

#236 3 years ago

Awesome updates Jay, I'm really excited about where Scorbit is going !

My WOZ and DI are waiting in line !

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from JDHHoover:

Just activated my wonka, but cannot get past this screen on app after selecting game or scanning QR code on machine. I have a strong internet connection.
Next day update - Without any changes, it worked this morning. Pretty cool tool.
[quoted image]

I'm glad it worked for you! We did have some weird issues on Friday night because we had an unexpected spike of new installs (usually they are more spread out) and I suspect some of our system checks were failing out. We think we have that fixed going forward, but let us know if anything like that happens again!

New app release soon, just buttoning up some little bugs first.

Quoted from adol75:

Awesome updates Jay, I'm really excited about where Scorbit is going !
My WOZ and DI are waiting in line !

Thanks! We can't wait!

1 week later
#238 3 years ago

scorbit and jsa

1st Loving the Scorbit for Guns N Roses and Willy Wonka. Awesome way to keep track of scores and nice to see the progress being made with the app. Am considering getting some for additional games, but question is really about re-sell and the best approach to moving the Scorbit.

For example, I have a Star Wars pro comic that I will keep for 12 months or so will trade for another game. Way I see it I have three choices:

1) Screw it in, but don’t love having to tell buyer why there are holes there as I sell it. “Mint HUO game except for 4 screw holes in the backboard” may not be the best advertising
2) Leave it in when I sell it, but likely the buyer likely won’t pay up for it
3) Tape it on and peel it off and move it to the next game. Is that possible to do without damage? Seems like from your materials not be possible.

Seems like 3 not so great choices, what do you recommend? Any other approach or ideas?

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

scorbit and jsa
1st Loving the Scorbit for Guns N Roses and Willy Wonka. Awesome way to keep track of scores and nice to see the progress being made with the app. Am considering getting some for additional games, but question is really about re-sell and the best approach to moving the Scorbit.
For example, I have a Star Wars pro comic that I will keep for 12 months or so will trade for another game. Way I see it I have three choices:
1) Screw it in, but don’t love having to tell buyer why there are holes there as I sell it. “Mint HUO game except for 4 screw holes in the backboard” may not be the best advertising
3) Tape it on and peel it off and move it to the next game. Is that possible to do without damage? Seems like from your materials not be possible.
Seems like 3 not so great choices, what do you recommend? Any other approach or ideas?

Thanks for the question. It's something we debated quite a lot internally here on what we thought was the best course.

You have two options: Transfer it, or move it. We want to encourage transferring, but moving is also possible.

Transfer It:

For transfers, we have a website called https://tools.scorbit.io. You'll notice there is an option to transfer the Scorbitron to another Scorbit user, or the machine, or both. We want to encourage this behavior because after all, a machine's history might as well live on.

Leaderboards now have time brackets if you like, so instead of wiping the history, why not start your leaderboard from the day you got the machine, but keep the past still in the system? Traditional leaderboards are very 1995.

Anyway, you get the philosophy. If you choose to do such a thing, **we'll make it worth your while by offering a significant discount on a replacement device.** Just let us know about the transfer and we'll make it work.

Move It:

For moving, if you're going to move it around from machine to machine, you will need to have the right connection parts specific to the machine that you plan to install inside. For example, if you're using this on a Stern Spike 2, and you move it to a WPC-95, you'll need a DMD probe, different power adapter, different power cable, and a Gen 2 USB-C. We sell those as kits and can point you to them if you ask.

We also recommend an enclosure if it moves often (useful for tournaments). Depending on the model, we can provide 3D-printable files, though we are working on some better ones and will ofter them soon. We don't recommend using an enclosure for normal installation, because like other pinball electronics, it's best to leave it well ventilated if it's an option.

Also, a lot of this depends on available space. For example, the Scorbitron can fit quite easily in an early Bally/Stern machine, or in a modern Stern, just on its back on the floor of the backbox. If the game gets nudged a lot that might be concerning, or if you move the game. In a WPC, space is so limited on the floor of the backbox it really deserves to be mounted.

To move it, you will open up the My Venues > [Venue Name] > Edit Machine in the app, and you can select to "Detach Scorbitron." At this point, the Scorbitron is no longer paired with the machine. Now you may transfer the machine to someone else using the https://tools.scorbit.io website, or just move and install the Scorbitron in another machine you've created on the app. It will auto-configure itself.

1 week later
#240 3 years ago

Quick Scorbit app update: v1.0.24 Release

v1.0.24_sm.jpgv1.0.24_sm.jpg

In addition to many bug fixes, two important feature changes:

1. Any leaderboard created with ScorbitVision will now appear in the Waiting to Start game session screens (and leaderboard viewing screens) if they are associated with the machine you're viewing, public, and created/owned by the person who owns the machine. For example, you could create a leaderboard for a machine specific to your local pinball league for a machine, make it public, and now anyone playing will see that leaderboard in the carousel while waiting to play.

2. If you open the app or return to the home screen from within a venue and have location set up properly, the app will launch with the machine list for that venue. This is particularly useful for home users which are always in the same venue (their house) and want to skip the venue list. There will be more controls over the venues and venue listing in the next release.

v1.0.24 Release Notes:

-Various performance improvements and bug fixes
-Corrects Android WiFi pairing bug for some OS/hardware combinations
-App will now launch inside a venue if you're standing in it by default.
-Tapping machine title leaderboard icons now takes you to larger leaderboard view.
-Added public custom leaderboards from ScorbitVision to game screens (useful for pinball leagues!)
-Fixed a pairing bug that caused install to get stuck
-Fixed searching for venues with apostrophes

#241 3 years ago

Hey everyone. Due to a recent influx of orders and a global silicon shortage, we're now officially backordered until mid to late April. We seriously appreciate everyone's support and we'll work to avoid this happening again with larger inventory.

I know there is nothing worse than having to wait, but we should be good to go soon. Our manufacturer is on schedule and we will keep people posted.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

scorbit and jsa

When installing my Scorbits, I've been crafty and used a screw that is already there, for Bally/Williams there is a hex-head screw (right-side, top of back-box) that holds the metal vent in place, so popped that out and put it through one of the Scorbits mounting holes, nice and tight and it will not move.

Same for Stern this time I used a screw that holds in a cable tidy at the top of the backbox, as seen below, just need to get creative. LOL

20210324_165913 (resized).jpg20210324_165913 (resized).jpg

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

When installing my Scorbits, I've been crafty and used a screw that is already there, for Bally/Williams there is a hex-head screw (right-side, top of back-box) that holds the metal vent in place, so popped that out and put it through one of the Scorbits mounting holes, nice and tight and it will not move.
Same for Stern this time I used a screw that holds in a cable tidy at the top of the backbox, as seen below, just need to get creative. LOL
[quoted image]

I love this.

That's a great use of the mounting tabs! One other thing you might consider doing is rotating the Scorbitron 180 degrees in the mounting plate. This would allow you to see the LEDs a bit easier and move the USB cable closer to the rear.

#244 3 years ago

Don't be alarmed if your Scorbitron reboots itself on next power up! The Scorbitrons are all being updated to new firmware with some additional features and bug fixes, including mode support for DMD games and greater compatibility.

#245 3 years ago

We're discovering some inconsistent quality control on right-angle USB-C connectors:

IMG_1753 (resized).jpgIMG_1753 (resized).jpg

If these were included with your Scorbitrons, and you experience any display issues, please try to bypass this right angle connector as a test.

2 weeks later
#246 3 years ago

App_Update_v1025_16x9 (resized).pngApp_Update_v1025_16x9 (resized).png

**Scorbit v1.0.25 and ScorbitVision Update**

You can’t keep pinball down, can you? We’re so happy to see so many of our favorite locations around the world open back up as safe environments to play pinball in. From Free Gold Watch in San Francisco to Jackbar in Brooklyn, we’re excited to see more location pinball played and we hope Scorbit becomes a part of your pinball experience.

To keep up with re-opening of location pinball as well as the increasing number of home pinball players on Scorbit, our team at Scorbit HQ has been hard at work lately, looking at how players interact with the Scorbit mobile app. The results of this work can be seen in the latest app version, v1.0.25, and rolling out a major revision to ScorbitVision! We’re super excited to share all the details with you and hope this makes playing pinball with Scorbit even better!

**ScorbitVision: New Leaderboards and Introducing...Comboboards**

Today’s release of ScorbitVision is our first major update since launching and has some important changes! ScorbitVision is a set of web-based tools that allow you to create leaderboard views, live scoreboard views, and streaming views. These website leaderboards and scoreboards are designed with large screens in mind, like in game rooms and arcades. The streaming tools, called Streamboards, are designed for integration into OBS or streaming software to make your Twitch streams look even better.

With this new update to ScorbitVision, we've rolled out new filters, new ways to combine your machine with others, event-oriented boards, and many new options. We're also sharing for the first time - Comboboards! Comboboards are a more flexible way to combine leaderboards and scoreboards on the same screen, which in turn can be added to Slideshows to put all your machines' scores and results up in big lights!

The Scorbit mobile app includes various leaderboards as part of the app by default. If you visit a specific machine, you'll see those leaderboards in a carousel, such as “Global Top Scores”, “My Top Scores”, or “Last Month” Scores. However, if you create leaderboards for specific machines that are public (such as a local game league's rankings for a particular game), those leaderboards will also show up in the app. That way, when someone goes to play, they can browse those leaderboards without accessing a web page.

In the future, we'll add more web friendly views for various other applications, as well as expose our API for others to do the same.

*Leaderboard Enhancements*

In addition to some massive speed and performance enhancements, we received a ton of feedback from users about clever and fun use cases for leaderboards, so we went to work and created some new and powerful options! Whether you're a home user, arcade owner, league organizer, or just want to provide some useful inspiration to play at your best, now you can..

Here’s a rundown of the new feature details:

*“All Scores” or “One Score Per Player"*
one_score_per_player (resized).pngone_score_per_player (resized).png

Have a player in your league that saves hundreds of scores a day and paints your leaderboards with the same name? Select “One Score Per Player” and only the highest score from that player will appear on that list. Note that this is specific to a single machine, so if that hotshot does it on two of the same title in different places, they could show up more than once!

*Variable Number of Machines and User Filters*
machine_user_filters (resized).pngmachine_user_filters (resized).png

Want to have a single leaderboard that mixes scores from machines you choose from more than one location? A global list of every machine on Earth from a single title? Maybe just an infinite leaderboard from a single machine? How about filtering for just your league players? All this is now possible from the leaderboard generator.

• Single: In a single machine mode, the leaderboard represents scores posted to a single machine only.
  • Global: In global mode, the leaderboard represents scores for that title from all over the world.
  • Merged Machines: In list mode, a leaderboard can represent any merged combinations of machines. You can search for someone's machine on the Scorbit platform, and now the leaderboards are shown as a single high score list.
  • User Filter: If you want to limit a board to just a subset of users, you can create this as a filter. Add all the players of your league and display them separately.

*Time Options*
time_options (resized).pngtime_options (resized).png

One of the most exciting new options we're announcing is the new leaderboard “Time Options.” You can now choose between a number of different time modes for a specific board:

• All Time: This mode is perfect for a list of all scores ever recorded for a machine from the day it was connected to Scorbit. This list can exist even if the game is transferred to another account, and never lies.
  • Boxed: This is a limited date range that you specify. This might be useful to create a leaderboard for an event or expo, the begins and ends when you say it does.
  • Last Calendar: Want to have a leaderboard representing the last calendar year? Last month or last week? Maybe yesterday or the last hour? With the Last Calendar option, it knows to reset the leaderboard at the end of that period.
  • Rolling: Rolling allows you to specify a number of days that "roll" forward, so you can have leaderboards for things like last 7 days, last 30 days, last 100 days, etc.

*Machine Groups*

All leaderboards (and Scorbit overall) now respect “Machine Groups.” You may not be aware of this, but all of our pinball machine data comes straight from the OPDB (Open Pinball Database) and we recognize sometimes machines have the same title, but different playfields, upper playfields, or game physics depending on the edition. When the physics are the same, we group them, and when they are truly different games they stand on their own. This way you can share scores on a leaderboard with your billionaire cousin who has that collector's edition.

**Scorbit Mobile App v1.0.25 Release**

ScorbitVision isn’t all we’ve been working on. The Scorbit Mobile App team has been hard at work and with today’s release we’re excited to share a number of important and highly requested new features around Viewing Preferences.

*Automatic Saving to Leaderboard*

Previously on Scorbit, when you finished a game, you would have to press the "Save to Leaderboard" for your scores to be posted. There has been an auto-submit score preference, but it required the app to be open to the game in order for that to happen. Now, if you have this preference selected (via Account Menu > Settings > Playing Preferences) and a player slot is claimed (chages from “Player 1” to “You”), it will save the score to the leaderboard regardless of the state of the app at the time the game is complete.

It is important to note that you still must claim a player slot, as otherwise we don't know who is playing. Users have found that it's a good practice to either claim the slots using the QR codes (or printed QR codes) at the start of games, or to use the auto-claim feature (which still will always require the app to be open at the start of a game as a identity validation feature).

*Default Opening in a Venue*

Now if you're within 500 ft. of a venue, the default is to open the app inside that venue and list the machines. This is great for home users who aren't hopping from venue to venue and want to just see their machines right away. If you don’t want this, it can be overridden by new preferences below.

*View Preference: Home Venue*

If you select this preference in Account Menu > Settings > Viewing Preferences, it will prompt you for a Home Venue. Once selected, the app will ALWAYS open inside that venue, regardless of where you are, and list the machines first. You can still navigate to other venues, but this is useful for folks who primarily play at one place and want to force it regardless of the phone's location.

*View Preference: Always List Venues*

This is basically the opposite of the Home Venue selection. This allows you to force the app to always open to a list of nearby venues, based on the radius defined in the radius preference below. This option is useful for players who often play on location and move throughout a city to find the best location for pinball.

*Viewing Distance Radius*

This allows you to force-set the distance from your phone to include in any venue list displayed on the app. The default is 10 miles, so depending on where you live and how many locations are around you, you can adjust the app to make it more convenient for you.

*Favorites!*

Have a favorite place to play pinball? Now you can mark your favorites! There’s now a star next to any venue name when you view the venue machine list. If you tap that star, it will turn red, and that venue is now on your favorites list. If the venue is within the distance radius, it will appear on top of your venue list, with any number of venues you want to favorite.

And that’s a wrap on the latest releases from Scorbit! In addition to these great new features, we fixed a lot of bugs in this release and are happy to report that the app and platform are working better than ever. Now that location pinball is happening again, now is the best time to get on Scorbit and play some connected pinball! Don’t have the Scorbit app yet? Download it today from the Apple Appstore or the Google Play Store.

Thanks and have fun out there and put some good scores!

-The Scorbit Team

1 week later
#247 2 years ago

Hello Scorbit Fans!

We've created a how-to video around how to use ScorbitVision. This explains how to use all the various features of Scoreboards, Leaderboards, Comboboards, Slideshows, and Streamboards.

What are those things? You can watch the video, but we've also broken into chapters to make it easy:

ScorbitVision Overview:

Scoreboards:

Leaderboards:

Comboboards:

Slideshows:

Streamboards:

Hopefully you find these videos useful! We can't wait to see what you all create.

#248 2 years ago

Do you have an app for the firestick? (like untapped)

#249 2 years ago

Do you have an app for the firestick? (like untapped)

Not quite yet, but we are developing native viewer apps with firestick, Chromecast, tvOS and Roku in mind.

#250 2 years ago

For those of us wanting to integrate our streaming channels and have game events trigger things in-stream, what resources are available? Is there an API explorer? Webhooks?

Tommy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11,000.00
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/5?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.