ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif
deeplinks.gif
There are 875 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

C'mon Mr.DIGG, you got a video or Twitch stream going? I want to see these in action.

LOL. Shh. Secret identity.

No stream right now, but we do have the Belles and Chimes women's tournament going on as we speak!

#52 4 years ago

I can't thank everyone enough for all the kind words and coming by and seeing our platform at Expo!

Special thanks to everyone at Marco Specialties for the warm welcome and giving us the VIP treatment. We had fantastic meet-ups with just about every manufacturer, operator and collector! Chicago made us feel right at home.

We'll post another update for everyone soon. For now, I'll leave you with a couple really special moments!

Here's Jim Patla, designer of Centaur. The team got to watch him play his game connected to Scorbit:

IMG_7273 (resized).JPGIMG_7273 (resized).JPG

Here's Lyman Sheats, hanging at the Scorbit booth, in front of his design, BM66. He is fantastic, a genuinely kind and generous guy, who answered my fanboy questions about software design for modern games:

lyman (resized).JPGlyman (resized).JPG

What a great week!

#53 4 years ago

any plans for us EM folks? any sort of jones plug reading score thingy in the works?

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from lint:

any plans for us EM folks? any sort of jones plug reading score thingy in the works?

We've had a number of folks come to us with suggestions on how we can support EMs in the future. Each strategy has its merits, but the number one priority would be serviceability.

Our Scorbitron and Probe architecture is designed with adding other sources of data in mind (such as these ideas). While we can't focus on EMs right now, we'll continue to keep you up to date on our experiments in this area. The good news is there are a few engineering groups who want to work with us to prototype these different ideas (induction, interloping, machine vision, etc).

I hope that answers your question!

1 week later
#55 4 years ago

Check out Scorbit on the MPT3K stream, demoing on Eight Ball Deluxe, Metallica and BM66, answering many questions about the platform!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501360975

#56 4 years ago

Great stream Jay! Folks if you don't know about Scorbit watch this video. This technology can open up the world of pinball to so many new possibilities!

#57 4 years ago

Great stream! Mind blowing that it will at some point be available for EMs.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

Great stream Jay! Folks if you don't know about Scorbit watch this video. This technology can open up the world of pinball to so many new possibilities!

I knew it was Colorado.

#59 4 years ago

Hey everyone - we had such a great time in Chicago at Pinball Expo. Thanks to everyone who stopped by to play pinball at our booth, it was so awesome to see everyone. Our pals at Marco made this great video so we can all relive the experience. Can't wait for next year!

2 months later
#60 4 years ago

Hey everyone - we just sent an update to our mailing list and wanted to share it here...
---
Happy New Year fellow pinball enthusiasts! We hope your holiday season included lots of pinball! Ours was delightful. As we look back on 2019, we’re even more excited for what’s to come in 2020 as we continue to get closer to sharing Scorbit with the pinball community!

Since our last update in July 2019, Scorbit has been growing fast as we’ve been very hard at work building the platform. When we deliver Scorbitrons and players start using the Scorbit app, the experience should be nothing short of magical. To do that, we’ve been working and testing with pinball machines from the solid states of the 1970s all the way up to the latest and greatest releases. We’ve also been having some fantastic conversations with our friends at the various pinball manufacturers, with more to share soon. You can scroll below for a full update on the Scorbit platform, but first we wanted to share our excitement for the first pinball event of 2020 for Scorbit and the next place you can see it in action...

INDISC PINBALL FESTIVAL 2020

We are beyond excited to announce that we are returning to the INDISC Pinball Festival at the Museum of Pinball in Banning, California as a proud sponsor. INDISC holds a special place in our hearts as it was one of the earliest tournaments to have Scorbitrons running in machines. This will mark our third year at INDISC and it has become a real moment in time for us to mark our progress. In 2018, we were installed in one machine; in 2019, we grew to 10 machines; and now in 2020 we will have Scorbitrons in the largest number of machines and recording scores at a tournament in history. The Scorbit team has been working overtime to ensure that Scorbit will be up and running on all the great games in all of the tournaments and in open play at INDISC.

If you’re attending INDISC, be sure to check out Scorbit as your scorekeeper registers your scores and be sure to say hi to Brian O’Neill, Jay Adelson and the rest of the team who will be in attendance and happy to chat about Scorbit. If you’re not at INDISC, don’t miss a minute of the action, tune into the livestream and keep a lookout for Scorbit providing real time scores! You can find the full schedule for livestreams at the INDISC site.

SCORBIT UPDATE

As mentioned above, we’ve been hard at work to get Scorbit fully launched and Scorbitrons shipping. Many of you reading this have either placed a reservation for the first batch of pilot units or signed up to participate in our beta program. First of all, we want to say THANK YOU. It says so much to us that you put your hard earned money down to show interest in what we’re doing and we love how excited and enthusiastic so many of you are when we talk at tournaments, pinball shows and online. Second, we’re delighted to report that we are a bit ahead of schedule, and that we expect to announce shipping this Spring.

You’ve all heard the story: Hardware is hard. However, Scorbit isn’t just hardware, it’s an entire Internet platform, applications, integrations, and more. We like to say launching Scorbit is like painting a jet while it’s flying!

You heard it, this year the first wave of Scorbitrons will go out into the world ready to connect your pinball machines to the Scorbit platform! They work on Ballys, Sterns, Gottliebs, Williams, everything under the sun… and machines you just received, new in box. Whether you have a solid state pinball machine from the 70’s (like one of our personal favorites, Meteor) or even a Gottlieb from the 80’s (like Class of 1812, a classic!) or a mid-90s DMD like Theater of Magic (the first game we got working with Scorbit) or even a modern machine (like the recently released, and amazing, Jurassic Park), Scorbit will be able to connect your machine to the Internet and enable all sorts of additional fun to your pinball experience.

Be sure to check out our video from our last update to see a Scorbitron installed in a pinball machine and see how our custom designed hardware enables to real-time scores to be recorded and connected to the Scorbit app, tournament software and livestreams.

After the “when” question, next comes the “how much.” First, let’s explain how we will charge for using Scorbit:

For players using the Scorbit application or other integrations, the Scorbit app will always be free.

For operators who will install Scorbitrons and require the operator-oriented features, we’re developing a tiered subscription model that includes devices, with lower costs for larger numbers of installations.

For collectors or home use, we’ll be offering single unit sales, also with discounted packages for multiple units.

Pricing will always be related to the number of Scorbitrons you have installed in pinball machines! When you sell a machine with a Scorbitron installed, don’t remove it, we will replace it free of charge, so spread that Scorbit love!
So, back to the question of the final pricing! Please understand that every day we make progress in reducing our manufacturing costs so that the initial price of the hardware is affordable to everyone. Therefore, the cost per unit of the device keeps changing (going down), that is why we’re hesitating to publicize a price, because it’s getting better. The road is littered with the remains of companies who priced too early. We’ve also been talking to many of you in the pinball community - operators, collectors, players - to get a sense of what would work for each of you.

The main thing is that we’re making progress and we can’t wait to share it with you all. Stay tuned for upcoming events for more details to be revealed.

UPCOMING EVENTS

In addition to INDISC this weekend, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be at some upcoming events over the next few months:

- IFPA North American Pinball Championship, the IFPA Women’s World Pinball Championship and Pin-Masters - Denver, CO - March 5 - 8, 2020

- Texas Pinball Festival - Dallas, TX - March 27 - 29, 2020
Stay tuned for more info about Scorbit at these events and we hope to see you there!

As always, there's a few ways for you to stay up to date on everything coming from Scorbit:

- If you’re interested in getting early access to the Scorbit app, sign up for our beta program.
- If you want to be one of the first people to get a Scorbitron, you can make an order reservation for just $25.
NOTE: The $25 is put against your order and ensures you’ll be one of the first to get a Scorbitron. If you decide you don’t want to order one, the $25 is fully refundable.
- Follow us on social media on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube!

And of course, if you have any questions, you can always email us at [email protected].
Looking forward to a great 2020 of fun pinball!

- The Scorbit Team: Jay Adelson, Brian O’Neill and Ron Richards

52f9034c4b8fd5044b8d7c2f0b974961f5ed4c40 (resized).jpeg52f9034c4b8fd5044b8d7c2f0b974961f5ed4c40 (resized).jpeg
#61 4 years ago

Not sure if I’ve already sent my $25 in but I want in as soon as possible. Let me know where I should send it. I didn’t see that in the post.

Thanks!

#62 4 years ago

Pretty sure I signed up for the beta testing for my location last March during TPF but I can't even remember at this point. Would we have gotten a confirmation email of some sort?

#63 4 years ago

Yeah I signed up for beta testing too. I have games of all eras at home too so I can help test anything. And stream it.

#64 4 years ago

chuckwurt - you did indeed put in a reservation for an order, so you're all set. And by doing that, you're in the beta program

Tsskinne - no confirmation emails have gone out yet for the beta - you can expect that soon, probably in March!

#65 4 years ago

Sweet. Thanks for checking!

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from scorbit:

chuckwurt - you did indeed put in a reservation for an order, so you're all set. And by doing that, you're in the beta program
tsskinne - no confirmation emails have gone out yet for the beta - you can expect that soon, probably in March!

Thanks! I found my order confirmation as well. Appreciate it.

#67 4 years ago

Live scores on the INDISC stream: http://twitch.tv/iepinball

Very excited about our integration with INDISC!

IMG_8158 (resized).JPGIMG_8158 (resized).JPG

#68 4 years ago

Amazing to see Scorbit in action at INDISC 2020!

3 weeks later
#69 4 years ago

I submitted $25 to get in early, but I think the money was returned. Am I still in? If no, can I get back in? PayPal was [email protected]

2 weeks later
#70 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I submitted $25 to get in early, but I think the money was returned. Am I still in? If no, can I get back in? PayPal was [email protected]

Sorry for the late response @chrispink25... I'll PM you immediately. We'll make sure you're taken care of.

2 weeks later
#71 4 years ago

Hey everyone! SCORBIT is live at Denver for Pin-Masters - powering live scores on nearly every game in the livestream and on location. We'll be on the livestream today (3/7/20) around 4:45 PM ET - come watch and see Scorbit in action! http://twitch.tv/coloradopinball

#72 4 years ago

Been watching most of the afternoon. The integration is awesome!

#73 4 years ago

Hey all. I regret to say that Scorbit has made a decision to not attend TPF this year. We're super disappointed; we still love the event and will remain a proud sponsor. We look forward to seeing you all soon!

5 months later
#74 3 years ago

Scorbit has arrived!
Sep 3, 2020

scorbit_announce_social_rect (resized).jpgscorbit_announce_social_rect (resized).jpg

Starting a business is a bit like herding cats. You have to decide it’s ok for one to jump out, as long as two more are in, knowing you’ll get there eventually. At times, it’s like painting a jet while it’s in the air. No one would fault you for saying “forget it, this isn’t going to work.”

For the three of us who founded Scorbit, we’ve started a number of businesses in the past and we’ve certainly seen our share of crazy ideas at crazy times. If you had told us we would be launching a business in a global pandemic, maybe not so much, but we’ve launched hard companies and we probably tell our children “it builds character.” It better, anyway.

Here’s the thing: You’ve gotta want it. Really bad. There is no logic that is going to win the day for why you would do something like this at first. Five years ago, Ron, Brian and Jay were walking through California Extreme, talking about this problem. The fundamental question to us was: Why hadn’t someone tried to connect these machines to the Internet (We always love connecting things to the Internet)… and using that to make the whole thing more fun and engaging…?

Brian and Ron, who have played about ten zillion times more pinball than Jay has, both made that really clear: You have no idea the diversity of equipment involved and how hard it is. They were right, we didn’t. However, who doesn’t enjoy a challenge?

*Today, five years later, we’re excited to announce we’re launching Scorbit.*

It’s a lot. We invented new ways of talking to old machines. We built a modern platform and infrastructure. We built a (beta) app that not only pinball enthusiasts could use, but also our family and friends could use. Now we get to see what we can do with it.

You’ll hear us talking a lot about “the platform.” What kind of marketing B.S. is that? The whole idea of a platform is that you don’t know yet what amazing things you can build on it. We’ll start with some amazingly cool stuff: Live scoreboards. Machine-specific leaderboards. Streaming. Game state and mechanics. What would you do with all this great information? What cool things does it unlock? A “platform” implies that we, along with you, will find that out by rolling out fun things on it. Some will work, some won’t, and that’s fine. We’ll do it together.

Look, we know many people say, “I have no use of anyone seeing what I’m doing on my machine.” That’s cool, we get that. No one is trying to convince you of that. However, I’m willing to bet that if someone you cared about said, “I can get to multiball faster than you can on that game”, you’ll try it once, right?
So here we go. We’re in it for the long haul. This is a five ball game behind a tournament player who ruined Black Knight 2000 for you because he can just keep hitting the loop over and over while you sit there wondering if you’ll get the ball.

We hope the Scorbit mobile app is the first step in bringing the community together around pinball. It might be finding places to play pinball in public (remember that) or playing on your machines at home, no matter where you’re flipping, you can now use Scorbit to save your scores and even challenge your friends to try and beat those scores. Nothing better than some friendly competition. Sure, we know not every pinball machine is set up the same way but come on, if you got a crazy good score on your Jurassic Park at home, you know you’re friends can try and beat your score on their machines at home or the machine at the local arcade that’s putting out pinball machines on the sidewalk so we can get a little taste of normal in this crazy world. We’ve been apart for so long, let’s connect again and have some fun.
For streamers and tournament operators, this is table stakes. We have to be able to show you that this works in a reliable fashion. It’s not a question, we’re ready for you, and we know your needs are different than others and we’ve developed ScorbitVision with you in mind.

For operators, COVID. It’s been the worst. What we want to do is spend the time we’re all hunkered down together listening to what operator features matter to you. We will roll out with those features as the year continues. The main thing is: We heard you, anything we can do to help increase your revenue for what machines you have, we’ll prioritize. We also are here to support you as pinball players start going out to arcades and bars and your locations. And if you’ve been directly affected by COVID, we’ve got your back. Get in touch and see if you qualify for our Operator Support Program and we’ll discuss how we can help build up your location business.

For collectors, home users, and everyone else: Our metric is straight forward: Can we get people playing more. What can we do to encourage everyone to play this game that is in your basement? How do we make that investment in a fairly expensive machine (both in dollars and square feet) pay off? How do I get my wife to play pinball? These are life’s eternal questions.

We know what you’re thinking, “What does this cost?” The Scorbitron is $299 to $199 depending on the total number you’re using, and Subscription Plans from $3.99 / month and up. (different pricing for home users versus operators).

Let us explain something up front: The way this works, we have to pay for infrastructure, a service, servers, bandwidth, people, app developers, hardware and electrical engineering, contract manufacturers, and babysitters. That’s why this is a subscription. The hardware, we made it as cheap and high quality as humanly possible while processing display, CPU, or other data in real time and securely sending it to our cloud infrastructure. We have to pay for that infrastructure though. We don’t see ourselves as a hardware business. We see ourselves as a service, one that is here for the pinball community first and hopefully for a long time, as we have even bigger plans for the future of pinball.

Take a look at our website at https://scorbit.io and ask questions. We built some devices, we’ll sell them to you. We’ll build more. We made an app. It’s not perfect, but it’s a start. We want to hear what you think. Have patience, because this is new, and we’ll have fun doing this together.

Last but not least, we need to send a major THANK YOU to all the people who helped us with our journey. It’s been a long one and the list is long. Huge thanks to tournament directors who have worked with us on field testing in a real tournament environment like Karl DeAngelo, Jim Belsito, Snow Galvin and Josh Sharpe and Zach Sharpe of the IFPA for partnering with us. Charlie Emery, Jimmy Lipham and Scott Danesi from Spooky Pinball. Jack Guarnieri, JT Harkey and Ken Cromwell from Jersey Jack Pinball, with a nod to Sal Brucculeri.

The amazing advice, guidance and early work done with us by Andy Smith and Michael Levit was key to Scorbit becoming a business. On the tech side, we have so many people who have touched this project from the team at KRTKL, our good friend Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen from MatchPlay and the OPDB, and of course Scott Wainstock from Pinball Map who graciously has been helping us with location data. Building the ecosystem around the Scorbit products couldn’t have been done without the amazing contributions of Adam Wright, Alex Rasmussen, Scott Adelson, Scott Wolfman, Maurico Balvanera and Tio Lavranos.

Scorbit wouldn’t be what it is today without the encouragement and support from friends, operators and pinball enthusiasts like Matt Henri from Free Gold Watch in San Francisco, Darren Ensley, Tom Collins, Greg Poverelli, TJ Beyer, Ryan Wagner, Chris Kuntz, Dave Volansky. And an enormous bit of thanks to Gene X Hwang for the amazing photos and a ton of cheerleading and moral support. Our Detroit crew, Chris Sonjeow, Kevin Zalewski, EJ Osis. And finally,Scorbit wouldn’t be here without the generous support of our investors.

We could really go on and on, as we’ve talked and bounced ideas off many of our friends and colleagues in the pinball community. Thank you to everyone and we hope you like what we’ve put together at Scorbit!
– Jay Adelson, Brian O’Neill, Ron Richards and the rest of the team at Scorbit

San Francisco, New Hampshire, New York City and around the world
September 3, 2020

jay_brian_ron_small (resized).jpgjay_brian_ron_small (resized).jpg

Ron, Brian and Jay at San Francisco City Champ 2018

#75 3 years ago

Good luck - at a price point of $300 PLUS subscription you will need it!

#76 3 years ago

Congrats on the launch today!

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Good luck - at a price point of $300 PLUS subscription you will need it!

Glad someone else said it.
I'm interested in honest reviews... I want to give the product a chance; but they pretty much ended the relationship when it became a subscription model. Id be one think if the hardware price was subsidized... or there wasn't a sub model... but having full priced hardware and a sub model is an instant turn off for me personally.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm interested in honest reviews... I want to give the product a chance; but they pretty much ended the relationship when it became a subscription model. Id be one think if the hardware price was subsidized... or there wasn't a sub model... but having full priced hardware and a sub model is an instant turn off for me personally.

I think it is a pretty comprehensive ecosystem right out of the gate. I ordered one and I am going to try it. I had started building something like this with a friend...getting to Scobit level would have been nearly impossible without huge money and time.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'm interested in honest reviews...

Well, as a private owner, without the benefit of "remotely managing my fleet in the field", my willingness to pay would end at about USD 100 as a one-off. For people routing machines there is a different value case of course, but for hobbyists like me ...not sure.

I would probably diversify the product and offer a version without fleet management to private people. I would do a mixed pricing, where the professional userscross-fund the lower price for private users through the higher price point. Professionals would be subscription only, which is easier cost to handle as a business in terms of P&L.
the privates dont have problem with investmenttype cost, so they pay the one-off. Its all a question of targeting. Trying to serve both with the same product seems unattractive for both sides.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

We hear you on that. Unfortunately, this isn't a hardware business at pinball community volumes, so the hardware costs (which also include the probes and other pcb components) are meant to cover that manufacture. The sub model is really about the operating costs.

Regardless, your point is well put. We understand if $40/yr is a lot, particularly during these times.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I would probably diversify the product and offer a version without fleet management to private people. I would do a mixed pricing, where the professional userscross-fund the lower price for private users through the higher price point. Professionals would be subscription only, which is easier cost to handle as a business in terms of P&L.
the privates dont have problem with investmenttype cost, so they pay the one-off. Its all a question of targeting. Trying to serve both with the same product seems unattractive for both sides.

That's actually what we do. We have two versions, one with fleet management for operators, and one for private people that is priced entirely differently (flat costs at much lower rates).

You can learn more about that here:

https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/articles/360053367373-Scorbit-Pricing-Subscriptions-and-Licensing

#83 3 years ago

The machine per license per month kills the deal for sure for our facility. It is one thing to shell out $199US plus taxes per machine for 36 machines, but then also pay $3450/yr US for licensing fees for those same 36 machines. The product is cool but our facility won't be able to afford that kind of expense on a yearly basis. Awesome job thou guys hope you are super successful.

Quoted from jsa:

That's actually what we do. We have two versions, one with fleet management for operators, and one for private people that is priced entirely differently (flat costs at much lower rates).
You can learn more about that here:
https://support.scorbit.io/hc/en-us/articles/360053367373-Scorbit-Pricing-Subscriptions-and-Licensing

#84 3 years ago

Is there a point where maybe additional machines would not cost more per month? Maybe after 20 or something?

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

The machine per license per month kills the deal for sure for our facility. It is one thing to shell out $199US plus taxes per machine for 36 machines, but then also pay $3450/yr US for licensing fees for those same 36 machines. The product is cool but our facility won't be able to afford that kind of expense on a yearly basis. Awesome job thou guys hope you are super successful.

I think we need to come up with a location-based product. That being said, if it's a facility, and you don't need the monitoring features, why not consider the collector subscription which would cost $19.99/mo for 36 machines?

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Is there a point where maybe additional machines would not cost more per month? Maybe after 20 or something?

Yes, that is the way it works for the collector subscriptions.

#87 3 years ago

So I really loved this at INDISC and want it on all my games. I've placed an order but have to say I was surprised how steep the subscription was luckily I'm the sort of crazy that pays mad money for cables and brakes but on location I worry you might have priced yourselves out.

One thing I'd add - you guys need to go talk to the pindingo guys and get them to integrate into your system. Also hoping for matchplay integration.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I really loved this at INDISC and want it on all my games. I've placed an order but have to say I was surprised how steep the subscription was luckily I'm the sort of crazy that pays mad money for cables and brakes but on location I worry you might have priced yourselves out.
One thing I'd add - you guys need to go talk to the pindingo guys and get them to integrate into your system. Also hoping for matchplay integration.

When you say the subscription was steep... Which subscription?

#89 3 years ago

Our machines are all setup for freeplay in facility so we are only interested in the scoreboard and high score features that people could enter they scores and see how they are in comparison to others on a monthly or forever basis. As well if there was integration with DTM and/or Match Play for our leagues and tournaments would be a big bonus to eliminate Or reduce scorekeepers. Wasn’t sure if a location could pick a collector service or not. If it was a small subscription fee then that would be a little easier to swallow for sure.

Quoted from jsa:

I think we need to come up with a location-based product. That being said, if it's a facility, and you don't need the monitoring features, why not consider the collector subscription which would cost $19.99/mo for 36 machines?

#90 3 years ago

I'm excited about this. Funky timing for the arcade to invest in it, but as we move forward I would love Scorbit in every machine at The Flipper Room.

#91 3 years ago

I think if you can offer more of a whole sale discount with 10 20 50 price breaks there might be more interest same with the subscription. Is very cool idea but it’s meant to be saving the operators

EDIT
Just noticed there is price breaks already

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Our machines are all setup for freeplay in facility so we are only interested in the scoreboard and high score features that people could enter they scores and see how they are in comparison to others on a monthly or forever basis. As well if there was integration with DTM and/or Match Play for our leagues and tournaments would be a big bonus to eliminate Or reduce scorekeepers. Wasn’t sure if a location could pick a collector service or not. If it was a small subscription fee then that would be a little easier to swallow for sure.

We definitely need to be clearer around these subscription types.

Collector subscription...Maybe it needs a better name... has all the playing features, scoring features, ScorbitVision, etc. Collector pricing is much less expensive. It's based on tiers, and you get a certain number of machines per tier, and maxes out at $19.99 for folks with insane numbers of machines.

Operator subscription is intended for people who route machines and are trying to cut their overall cost of ownership down by increasing uptime and revenue for machines. It includes machine monitoring so you know when it's down, or a bartender shuts it off, how many plays it's getting, etc.

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I think if you can offer more of a whole sale discount with 10 20 50 price breaks there might be more interest same with the subscription. Is very cool idea but it’s meant to be saving the operators

We do offer that, it's in the pricing guide and matrix. In fact, we do one better: Your cost per Scorbitron goes down based on the total licenses you own. So if you build up Scorbitrons, over time you cross over into a new pricing tier, and then your cost per Scorbitron goes down.

I'm not exactly sure if I'm allowed to post pricing on here... if not I'll edit and remove, let me know.

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 1.05.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 1.05.51 PM (resized).png

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you say the subscription was steep... Which subscription?

collector subscription is fine Jay and once I've had a play with the system I plan to have all 35 of my games at two venues on it. It rocked at INDISC.

Operator subscription is high, even if I imagine covid hasn't happened (sadly it has and takings are down).

I feel for you guys but location pinball is challenging right now, lots of places spacing games out or having to put in shields etc.

I'm really excited about this though- one more request Logo on leaderboards please

#95 3 years ago

Ya no issue on the term, collector I probably just need to read the definitions better. If you had a side by side with each plan checking the features with cost below for each one it might make it a little clearer then the text you have just for marketing purposes.

Be really nice if there was a payment plan option for locations that are planning on purchasing 10+ devices, I know this may be a no go for a small start up like yours. I would be more inclined to purchase more devices if I knew I could pay for them over a 12 month period or something.

Are there any promo videos you guys have on how this all works, and how this would benefit a collector, a location or an operator. Pictures and videos are worth a thousand words.

I seen the technology at INDISC and was blown away so very interested to see how this all works and how it will help drive more people to my location.

I agree thou that you are really going to convince operators they will be saving a ton of time and money with the cost associated with that service, it is really tough out there right now for operators.

Quoted from jsa:

We definitely need to be clearer around these subscription types.
Collector subscription...Maybe it needs a better name... has all the playing features, scoring features, ScorbitVision, etc. Collector pricing is much less expensive. It's based on tiers, and you get a certain number of machines per tier, and maxes out at $19.99 for folks with insane numbers of machines.
Operator subscription is intended for people who route machines and are trying to cut their overall cost of ownership down by increasing uptime and revenue for machines. It includes machine monitoring so you know when it's down, or a bartender shuts it off, how many plays it's getting, etc.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

collector subscription is fine Jay and once I've had a play with the system I plan to have all 35 of my games at two venues on it. It rocked at INDISC.
Operator subscription is high, even if I imagine covid hasn't happened (sadly it has and takings are down).
I feel for you guys but location pinball is challenging right now, lots of places spacing games out or having to put in shields etc.
I'm really excited about this though- one more request Logo on leaderboards please

Logo on leaderboards! Got it!

The Operator universe will become more clear as the year progresses, but it's really great to get the feedback.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Are there any promo videos you guys have on how this all works, and how this would benefit a collector, a location or an operator. Pictures and videos are worth a thousand words.

Hmm, not yet, but sounds like a really good idea (even if I haven't had a haircut in six months). Let me work on that.

#98 3 years ago

Honestly, your website tells me absolutely nothing about this product.

"Turn almost any pinball machine into an Internet- and cloud-connected device."

To what end? For updating code? For sharing scores within a household? For sharing scores globally? Is it internal scorbit ecosystem score-sharing or does it also share scores with non-scorbit scores (such as those on pinside)? Can I download anything using the Scorbit or just upload?
Basically, what the hell does this do, specifically?

"You also know the digital age is now in full bloom, offering next-gen gamers interconnectivity, global competition, automation and convenience"

What kind of automation? Specifically. What can I automate? Can I manage all the settings on a machine? What do I/don't I have access to?

"Tune into ScorbitVision.Tell the world about your great pinball scores and start broadcasting with ScorbitVision today!"
"For the hardcore pinball streamers, we’ve developed the Streamboard as a fast way to integrate Scorbit with streaming tools like OBS and XSplit, as well as platforms like Twitch."

Is Scorbitvision a desktop app? An API? An extension? A browser based app? Does it have platform restrictions? Can you view anything realtime from others or is it only if they are sharing it via a stream?
How exactly do you integrate with streaming tools and twitch? "Integration" via browser-based capture is not actual integration, that's literally just a website I'm screen-capping. Is there a Twitch extension? How does it work if so?

"Each template dynamically reflects information happening in the game, including players, scores, ball number and other data."

Define "other data", because that could literally be anything. Realtime IFPA rankings/stats? Lifetime Scorbit stats? Stats per game? Number of active tilt warnings? Whether or not the player has tilted out a ball?

"Streamers can integrate their own graphics, logos, chat sections, or whatever you need!"

Within the browser, or just within OBS? Because if it's just within OBS, of course I can, that's not an added feature. If it's within browser, how does it work and what are it's abilities and limitations?

"Leaderboards are the infinite high score lists for all your machines. Like scoreboards, they reflect real-time changes to player display names as well as the current status of any game you choose."

Say I'm running a tournament with 20 games and 50 people and multiple rounds, can I show leaderboards for this? Can I show eliminations? Can I even do anything with that, or is it just high scores? Does it integrate with DTM or MatchPlay? Can I pull info from those at all?

Honestly, I really want to like this product, it could potentially be great for tournaments and livestreaming (of which I do both), but I have absolutely no idea what it can and can't do and your website doesn't help.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Honestly, your website tells me absolutely nothing about this product.

I'm so sorry about that! Let's try to help here.

Quoted from aeonblack:

"Turn almost any pinball machine into an Internet- and cloud-connected device."
To what end? For updating code? For sharing scores within a household? For sharing scores globally? Is it internal scorbit ecosystem score-sharing or does it also share scores with non-scorbit scores (such as those on pinside)? Can I download anything using the Scorbit or just upload?
Basically, what the hell does this do, specifically?

We know you have lots of questions. It's not a technical website, it's designed for folks to get a top level view of what's going on. Apparently we failed at that, we'll work to improve it.

No, Scorbit is not for updating code.

Yes you can share scores within a household, or outside your household, or globally, both with users of the app, or with access to visualizations that either we create or you create.

Part of the challenge with platforms is that they aren't traditional "software" in that what you do with it will be largely up to you.

We have built an API, that we will open to the public when it's ready for that, that will allow interaction with other sources of game data as well.

The Scorbitron is a device designed to send information to the Scorbit API. The only thing the Scorbit downloads are instructions from the API related to that function and things like updates to the Scorbit software that runs on the Scorbitron.

Quoted from aeonblack:

"You also know the digital age is now in full bloom, offering next-gen gamers interconnectivity, global competition, automation and convenience"
What kind of automation? Specifically. What can I automate? Can I manage all the settings on a machine? What do I/don't I have access to?

There are different users of Scorbit, as the website identifies. Each with different needs/requirements. Players, Operators and Collectors.

Players are mostly focused on the app. It's very early in the app feature releases, but on day one, players (who aren't necessarily owners or subscribers to the platform) can use social features like sharing scores for games they play (with or without Scorbitrons) or challenging other users. Leaderboards are kept in our platform and are machine-specific, as all machines play differently. For a Scorbitron-enabled machine, scores are automatically (and in real-time) sent to the API, so you can claim a player slot and your name will be attached to that score as it's played and after if you choose to save the score into the leaderboad.

Operators, on day one, can see if machines are alive or not. We're testing features around analytics, like how many games are played, other audit information, etc., that will be useful. Part of this early phase is to capture from Operators what they want the most, and what they want to do with this information. We believe it's their data, not ours, though we can help make it useful. Since we have display data and can send some information back to the machine, our intent is to eventually allow remote control of the machines, but starting with insights from data is probably a good idea. For example, we could set up dynamic changing to price per game based on time of day that an operator sets to optimize plays, just one idea. Day one, we tell you it's alive or not, which was the #1 request we had.

Collectors are more focused on the player features from the Scorbitron point of view: Automate the scores, make them visible on leaderboards, scoreboards, and streams. We have heard from people who operate arcades, etc., will enjoy using these features for large heads-up displays of the games (live and in between games).

Since this is an API, our intent is to develop various ways to trigger things, both local to the machine or to the venue. We have not released those automation features yet.

Quoted from aeonblack:

"Tune into ScorbitVision.Tell the world about your great pinball scores and start broadcasting with ScorbitVision today!"
"For the hardcore pinball streamers, we’ve developed the Streamboard as a fast way to integrate Scorbit with streaming tools like OBS and XSplit, as well as platforms like Twitch."
Is Scorbitvision a desktop app? An API? An extension? A browser based app? Does it have platform restrictions? Can you view anything realtime from others or is it only if they are sharing it via a stream?

Our support website (support.scorbit.io) will eventually have full documentation on ScorbitVision. Go ahead and log into it and see it, or visit one of the public scoreboards or leaderboards. I think it's pretty clear but we'll offer some documentation soon.

Quoted from aeonblack:

How exactly do you integrate with streaming tools and twitch? "Integration" via browser-based capture is not actual integration, that's literally just a website I'm screen-capping. Is there a Twitch extension? How does it work if so?

No, we do not directly integrate with Twitch's API at this time, no one has asked for that. Rather, if you use OBS or XSplit and want to use browser capture or window capture, these tools are designed for that.

Quoted from aeonblack:

"Each template dynamically reflects information happening in the game, including players, scores, ball number and other data."
Define "other data", because that could literally be anything. Realtime IFPA rankings/stats? Lifetime Scorbit stats? Stats per game? Number of active tilt warnings? Whether or not the player has tilted out a ball?

Other data will be other data that we release over time. Today, on literally the 3rd day after the company launched, we offer player names as delivered by the platform, or overridden by the settings in ScorbitVision. Player number, Ball number, score. Game in progress or over. The templates are designed so that if today you stream with windows of that data, we make it easy to "integrate" your previous work. Take a look, tell us what you think and what you want.

Quoted from aeonblack:

"Streamers can integrate their own graphics, logos, chat sections, or whatever you need!"
Within the browser, or just within OBS? Because if it's just within OBS, of course I can, that's not an added feature. If it's within browser, how does it work and what are it's abilities and limitations?

If you were able to integrate live scores directly into graphics of your streams or lower-thirds before (without a camera pointed at them), great! Then it's not that interesting. We do not add features to OBS or XSplit, we merely make the access of data from the Scorbit platform convenient.

Quoted from aeonblack:

"Leaderboards are the infinite high score lists for all your machines. Like scoreboards, they reflect real-time changes to player display names as well as the current status of any game you choose."
Say I'm running a tournament with 20 games and 50 people and multiple rounds, can I show leaderboards for this? Can I show eliminations? Can I even do anything with that, or is it just high scores? Does it integrate with DTM or MatchPlay? Can I pull info from those at all?

As you may have seen at INDISC or other events we have been at, yes we do integrate with DTM and MatchPlay, and the authors of both of those platforms are in charge of the current state of those integrations. They also may or may not release APIs in the future for those platforms. We are not tournament software. Our job is to get live score data into those platforms, or any platform.

To answer your question, yes, you can show score leaderboards for all of this, if that's useful to you. For tournaments, most value comes from the live scores for spectating, or streaming. We aren't tournament software, so we don't show brackets or other kinds of displays, that's what the tournament software is for.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Honestly, I really want to like this product, it could potentially be great for tournaments and livestreaming (of which I do both), but I have absolutely no idea what it can and can't do and your website doesn't help.

Ok, well let's try to help and answer these questions! We should definitely come up with some strong benefit statements for your use case earlier in the website experience, clearly, as we failed to do so!

#100 3 years ago

Thank you for the thorough reply! That does clear a lot of it up, and I'll be following closely to see how things progress.

As for the website, it would be nice to see an install video for the card itself, maybe a video going over features and such (possibly ones geared to each sector), but overall the product looks promising.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 875 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/2?hl=remoobko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.