• 877 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 106 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif
There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.
#701 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

We have never seen a Scorbitron that won’t reliably start up on the second power cycle in this condition. As I referred to previously, are you disconnecting Scorbitrons after a single failure, or are they they continuing to fail? If so this is new, so please reach out to me directly.
Also do you try the swap I suggested? Let’s narrow down the root cause of the issue.

I’m not there every day to power cycle scorbitrons that fail to initialize the display. Our pins are on dedicated circuits switched by contactors controlled by our lighting system. They turn on automatically at 11am and off 5 minutes before close.

So, when they fail there’s just no DMD for the day. When I notice a machine do it several times I just disconnect the scorbitron

I guess I could program the contactor to be switched on, wait a couple minutes then off and back on but that’s not a very elegant solution

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

I’m not there every day to power cycle scorbitrons that fail to initialize the display. Our pins are on dedicated circuits switched by contactors controlled by our lighting system. They turn on automatically at 11am and off 5 minutes before close.
So, when they fail there’s just no DMD for the day. When I notice a machine do it several times I just disconnect the scorbitron
I guess I could program the contactor to be switched on, wait a couple minutes then off and back on but that’s not a very elegant solution

Understood, and I'm sorry for the trouble. We certainly don't want you to have to disconnect Scorbitrons. I'm afraid I don't have anything to report yet on the firmware fix, but we're still working on it. I believe we can resolve this with a short delay (100ms) during the initial power up, but it's proving a bit difficult to replicate. Rest assured I'm not giving up.

#703 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

rrosenhouse Yes, we are fully compatible with ColorDMD equipped games. I use one at this very moment in a TZ and we have many users with CV.
Chicago Gaming is a work in progress. The have expressed their full interest in jumping on board. Both sides of this are just trying to get the resources to make it happen as soon as we can!

jsa

The coupon code is not working for me. I'm getting this message: "Sorry, it seems the coupon "*******" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order."

Is it not active yet?

#704 1 year ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

jsa
The coupon code is not working for me. I'm getting this message: "Sorry, it seems the coupon "*******" is not yours - it has now been removed from your order."
Is it not active yet?

I think I have the issue resolved, let me know! Thanks so much.

#705 1 year ago

Where is the coupon code posted?

#706 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Where is the coupon code posted?

There was an early access discount for existing customers, but we will be announcing a Black Friday discount for all soon!

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

I think I have the issue resolved, let me know! Thanks so much.

It works!! Thank you!

#708 1 year ago

Scorbit_Promo (resized).jpegScorbit_Promo (resized).jpeg

'Tis the season for pinball giving!

Give your favorite pinballer the gift of connected pinball with the coupon code:

HOLIDAY22

Get your friend a gift card: https://scorbit.io/product/scorbit-gift-card/

While supplies last, get a Scorbitron at 20% off! https://scorbit.io/scorbitron/

Happy flipping!

1 week later
#709 1 year ago

Is it possible to connect to a guest network with no password on a scorbitron? The app won’t let me try to connect without putting in a wifi passeord

#710 1 year ago

Is it possible to connect to a guest network with no password on a scorbitron? The app won’t let me try to connect without putting in a wifi passeord

I’m afraid not at this time. There are many WiFi setups we’ve seen where a dedicated network SSID is used where it is a hidden network, but not an unsecured one. What is the goal, isolating the devices from the main network?

#711 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

I’m afraid not at this time. There are many WiFi setups we’ve seen where a dedicated network SSID is used where it is a hidden network, but not an unsecured one. What is the goal, isolating the devices from the main network?

I put two machines on location and the only wifi available is an unsecured password free guest network

#712 1 year ago

I put two machines on location and the only wifi available is an unsecured password free guest network

Ok, I can probably make it work manually. DM me your machines and the SSID and I'll see if I can do this.

#713 1 year ago

Scorbit v1.2.9 - Maintenance Release

• Fixes missing vpin leaderboards
• Profile now refreshes follower counts on return to view
• Adds Homebrew pinball machine support
• Now accommodates a Vpin version for all pinball machine titles
• Fixes display of venue list screen tool tips on first install when opening inside a venue
• Adds vpin pairing animated help image
• Adds vpin tool tip and helper text
• Removes auto-claim (app-based) from Playing Preferences
• Adds new auto-claim (aka Hog Mode, coming soon) settings and helper text
• Fixes confusing tool tip language in settings
• Fixes proper cropping of library photos added to scores

Some clarifying points regarding vpins and homebrews:

Scorbit added support for vpins, though it requires that table developers integrate that support for the machines to be functional (such as Blood Machines or Guardians have done). We are currently working on some extensions and code that will allow all the ROM based games to work as well. Until that time, if you wish to add a vpin for manual submission to your Scorbit experience, you can search for a machine title and choose to add the vpin version (vpins have separate leaderboards from their physical world versions).

When a vpin has full Scorbit integration, it works exactly the same way as all Scorbit pins: You create an instance of the machine in your My Machines or My Venues/Machines list, and you pair it with your actual vpin within the vpin's setup. We posted a great walk through from mpt3k above.

We've also added support for Homebrews, and you'll be seeing some of those very soon.

For those who have been patiently waiting for hog mode... 1.3.0 is coming soon!

2 weeks later
#714 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

Understood, and I'm sorry for the trouble. We certainly don't want you to have to disconnect Scorbitrons. I'm afraid I don't have anything to report yet on the firmware fix, but we're still working on it. I believe we can resolve this with a short delay (100ms) during the initial power up, but it's proving a bit difficult to replicate. Rest assured I'm not giving up.

For the time being I have set our lighting control system to cycle power to the pins 60 seconds after their scheduled turn on time which seems to have alleviated the issue.

#715 1 year ago

Is the little flipper and ball circle a “like” button?

739478B8-E30C-4FC6-B4B9-322D1314672D (resized).png739478B8-E30C-4FC6-B4B9-322D1314672D (resized).png
#716 1 year ago

What is the purpose of the star selection for a location/venu?

44C445CD-4854-4D51-9F39-3AB58AE00A98 (resized).png44C445CD-4854-4D51-9F39-3AB58AE00A98 (resized).png
#717 1 year ago

Suggestions

1) pick a metric or imperial unit system, or allow a user selection. Viewing radius is in miles but machine locations are in kilometers.

2) Find Machine - This tool should be more “find a physical machine to play” focused. The default scrolling list (prior to entering any letters in the search field) should be restricted to a list of machines that are within the viewing distance radius set by the user in their preferences. When searching for a specific machine limit the initial returned list to realistically accessible locations and hide the remainder behind the “load more machines” button. The search function is slow and machines 100’s of km away aren’t relevant

3) finding people to follow - it would seem natural to try and follow people that frequent the same venues you do. So, searching by venue for people who have logged games there would be a good way to increase following.

4) left and right navigation swiping. Leave some empty space and implement left/right navigation swiping

5) machine history under a persons profile should be limited to pins they actually played, it’s completely pointless to try to search every machine to find a persons history on a pin

6) UI consistency. Main menu at the bottom of the app (people, machine, venue, settings) and submenu along the top. So, for example, the settings list should appear in a top bar as should the profile buttons in the picture in the next post.

#718 1 year ago

Profile page formatting issue

844D0DD5-FB55-477D-A3D3-F9DD9A15C2F7 (resized).png844D0DD5-FB55-477D-A3D3-F9DD9A15C2F7 (resized).png
#719 1 year ago

All great feedback! You might want to read up on the application at https://support.scorbit.io/scorbit-application also, just for an overview.

Yes, the flip is a like button. We actually track who has liked what, expect we'll expose that in a future release.

The star is a favorite flag. If you favorite a venue, and it's within your search radius, it appears at the top of your venue list.

We probably have to disable variable text size for some screens. The formatting issue is caused by your text size being set to larger. It's a trade off though, because many of us (including me) sometimes need larger text.

As for your numbered points, some thoughts:

1) pick a metric or imperial unit system, or allow a user selection. Viewing radius is in miles but machine locations are in kilometers.

Agreed. Ah, I do miss my Ukrainian developers though. They rock. I'll get that fixed.

2) Find Machine - This tool should be more “find a physical machine to play” focused. The default scrolling list (prior to entering any letters in the search field) should be restricted to a list of machines that are within the viewing distance radius set by the user in their preferences. When searching for a specific machine limit the initial returned list to realistically accessible locations and hide the remainder behind the “load more machines” button. The search function is slow and machines 100’s of km away aren’t relevant

Good feedback, though people use the feature in different ways. It is generally used to find leaderboards, but I see your point.

3) finding people to follow - it would seem natural to try and follow people that frequent the same venues you do. So, searching by venue for people who have logged games there would be a good way to increase following.

Stay tuned.

4) left and right navigation swiping. Leave some empty space and implement left/right navigation swiping

Understood regarding the margin. The feature already exists, go ahead and swipe away. Generally speaking it's an uncommon practice to "swipe forward," but interesting idea. Swipe back works now though within each stack (each of the three tabs).

5) machine history under a persons profile should be limited to pins they actually played, it’s completely pointless to try to search every machine to find a persons history on a pin

That whole screen needs an overhaul. Agreed.

6) UI consistency. Main menu at the bottom of the app (people, machine, venue, settings) and submenu along the top. So, for example, the settings list should appear in a top bar as should the profile buttons in the picture in the next post.

I'm less into that particular layout but good feedback about consistency. The UX needs a cleanup after so many years of iteration!

All fantastic input, keep it coming. You also can always reach out to us on Discord as well if you have questions. Thanks!

#720 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

I'm less into that particular layout but good feedback about consistency. The UX needs a cleanup after so many years of iteration!
All fantastic input, keep it coming. You also can always reach out to us on Discord as well if you have questions. Thanks!

My UI experience is all in home automation

00301F53-F1AA-4306-AAE4-64EB9FA3FA00 (resized).png00301F53-F1AA-4306-AAE4-64EB9FA3FA00 (resized).png
#721 1 year ago

My UI experience is all in home automation
[quoted image]

That's very slick! I love having real-estate to build good interfaces, but I also love having a full time design team like I did at my other companies. No one should leave me alone with Photoshop, it's dangerous and the results show why I stuck with pine/elm/mutt for email for as long as I did.

1 week later
#722 1 year ago

I was very disappointed when there wasn’t actually several thousand quarters in our T3

20606541-C703-4AE6-A47C-964B34467E21 (resized).png20606541-C703-4AE6-A47C-964B34467E21 (resized).png

#723 1 year ago

Scorbit Live at INDISC 2023Scorbit Live at INDISC 2023

Scorbit is LIVE at INDISC 2023 - we're extremely proud to power live scores for the tournament on mosto f the machines from solid states, to DMDs to moderns via Scorbit's connected pinball platform!

You can watch all of this streamed live at https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball !

#725 1 year ago

Appv130_Update_Social_16x9.pngAppv130_Update_Social_16x9.png

** v1.3.0 - Major App Update and over 2 Million Scores! **

Greetings and Happy 2023, fellow pinball people! Scorbit is kicking the new year off with a bang as we’re excited to announce the release of the long-awaited Scorbit App v1.3.0. This new app update includes some major new app features and bug fixes which we’ll get into details on below. But first we’ve got a lot to celebrate!

We’re ecstatic to share that we crossed another milestone at the end of 2022, as we crossed the 2 million Scores in Scorbit milestone! We crossed the 1 million score mark in March 2022, and saw the next million happen even faster! Scorbit’s growth has been twice as fast in 2022 as it was in 2021, and accelerating! Thank you to all the Scorbit users and keep the scores coming!!

To add to the excitement, we’re happy to report another very successful Scorbit-integrated INDISC World Championship in Riverside, California, where the best of the best competed on a diverse set of machines with Scorbit running the automated and live scoring. If you didn’t get a chance to check out the live stream, check out https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1708296904 while it is still available online, or on the highlights posted later by the IE Pinball’s amazing Karl DeAngelo.

INDISC 2023 - Left to Right: Karl DeAngelo, Tom Graf, Neil McRae, and Kevin MartinINDISC 2023 - Left to Right: Karl DeAngelo, Tom Graf, Neil McRae, and Kevin Martin

Now onto the major news: Today we released the Scorbit App v1.3.0! This includes a number of changes under the hood, so we recommend everyone update to v1.3.0 in order to take advantage of major performance improvements. Some of the features we think you will be interested in include the new Auto Claim , a feature that allows you to automatically claim and save repeated games without the app being open. Also included in this update are multiple new score notifications, some fine-tuning of notification controls, following notifications and contact scanning. There are also improvements to some of the older elements of the user interface, and many, many bug fixes. Let’s break it down!

** Auto Claim **

First, let’s explain the goal with this feature: We want a Scorbit player to be able to play multiple games, over and over, without having to open the app. Set it and forget it! We also want the player that comes after you to not accidentally claim your scores. Those two requirements require trade-offs with this feature, as anyone knows who saves scores in an arcade.

Why was it originally called Hog Mode you ask? Well, no one likes a pinball hog, and when we first envisioned this feature, part of what we wanted to prevent was encouraging that person who is in front of you in line and starts a four player game, over and over. We unofficially called this feature “Hog Mode” because we wanted to remind the player to be courteous to the other players around you, but now that the feature is ready and tested, it’s been renamed Auto Claim. The old auto claim which required the app open has been removed. Besides, we love hogs. They are really cute.

Here is how the NEW Auto Claim works:

** Step 1: Enable Auto Claim **

The Auto Claim feature won’t appear in your app unless you enable it first in settings. This is because we are very serious about this feature being “opt-in,” as we are trying to avoid accidental claiming of scores which can be the case with other platforms. Start by visiting your Account Menu by tapping the icon on the upper right, choosing Settings, and then tap Playing Preferences. Enable the feature by sliding the switch to the on position.:

Enable Auto Claim Feature in SettingsEnable Auto Claim Feature in Settings

** Step 2: Start Auto Claim Mode for Any Machine **

Now that Auto Claim is enabled, any time you navigate to a machine to play, manually or via a QR code scan, you will see a new icon above the game screen. This is the auto claim toggle button and status indicator:

Toggle Auto Claim Button Before or During Game SessionToggle Auto Claim Button Before or During Game Session

Tapping this toggle button starts a timer which defaults to 30 seconds depending on the owner of the machine’s configuration choice (more on this later). Any time you start a game on this specific machine within that time frame, even when the app is closed or not focused, the Scorbit platform will claim the player slot and save the score for you! No need to scan a QR code, tap a player slot, or re-authenticate.

Tapping the Auto Claim button a second time will disable Auto Claim. You can tap the icon from the attract mode (Waiting to Start) or during a game, at any time. When the timer expires, the button will return to the inactive state. If that happens, you can tap it again, or perhaps it’s time to move to another machine.

You’ll also notice that an alert slides up on the bottom of the screen indicating that you have enabled or disabled auto claim:

Auto Claim AlertsAuto Claim Alerts

When you start a game, regardless of whether or not the app is open or closed, Scorbit will claim the player slot and assume you’re saving the score to the leaderboard at the end of the session. Also, the timer is paused during the game, then resets to 30 seconds (or whatever the timeout is set to, more on that later) after the game has finished.

The button will return to an off state if the timer expires! This is presumably when you’ve picked up and walked away from the game. Don’t forget to turn it on again before your next round of games!

If you’re having a particularly great game and want to challenge others or share it on social media, you still can open the app as before and view the game in progress or when it finishes. The share screen will present itself like it usually does. However, if you start a new game, you’ll have to come back to that score later in your score feed on your profile if you want to share it.

Auto Claim timers are specific to a game. If you change to a different game, Auto Claim is disabled and you will need to start the Auto Claim mode for that game. If another user plays a game, Auto Claim will be disabled, as is true if multiple players join. This is intended for use by people who will be playing a single game repeatedly.

** Setting the Auto Claim Timer **

As previously mentioned, the timer starts counting down immediately when you tap the Auto Claim button, then resets itself when you are playing a game. The timer never expires during a game, and always starts fresh when the game ends. We default the timer to 30 seconds, but the owner of the machine can adjust the timer in the machine settings under Game Adjustments:

Adjusting the Auto Claim TimerAdjusting the Auto Claim Timer

We recommend setting this number to as low as possible in public venues. If you want the machine to have no Auto Claim available, you can set this number to zero. Obviously your mileage may vary, though you should expect that in a public venue, the player will likely assume the timer is at 30 seconds. If it is not, you should consider displaying on the machine rules how you have chosen to set the timer. We will likely expose this more in future releases. (Note:: This isa personal choice, I like 30 seconds, although if I’m having a pinball party I set it to something low like 5 or 10 seconds.)

** Following Notifications **

We are excited to add new notifications when someone follows you! Now if someone follows you on Scorbit you will receive a push notification (if you have that notification setting enabled, more on that later) as well as have this notification added to your activity items.

New Follower AlertNew Follower Alert

When you choose to follow someone, all of their posted scores and achievements appear on your curated feed of players in the community tab, along with challenges when you’re part of them or they are complete.

When you first receive a follow notification, an activity item is created with the new follower, along with a new button to quickly follow them back:

New Follower Activity ItemNew Follower Activity Item

You can always visit another player’s Scorbit profile by clicking on their photo. From that screen, you can follow/and unfollow next to their picture. You also have the option of muting receiving all notifications from a specific player by tapping the small mute button next to their name in the shape of a bell:

Follow, Mute and Unmute a PlayerFollow, Mute and Unmute a Player

Remember that if you follow someone, you still get their scores in your feed, even if they are muted. The mute is designed to not get a push notification, which is useful if your scores are getting regularly destroyed by someone but you still want to see their results!

More New Notifications

In addition to follow notifications, the app will now alert you if someone you follow beats your score on a specific game! Now you can get alerts if someone follows you, if they unlock an incredibly special achievement, if they get the top score on a machine, if they get the top score on a title (globally), and if they beat your score. We realize that if you have as many pinball friends as we do, that may be too many notifications! Therefore we not only added the mute feature mentioned above for an individual player, but we also expanded the ability to turn off specific notifications in the notification settings:

notification_settings.gifnotification_settings.gif

We want to give you fine tuned control over who or what you hear about. Notifications are entirely under your control and we want to make sure they aren’t annoying! Therefore, we’ve added some spam-dampening features that will keep you from getting notified too frequently.

Each new notification has an accompanying Activity Item which will navigate to the player, the score, the challenge, the achievement, or whatever is referenced in the text.

** Find Friends on Scorbit by Scanning Contacts **

Also new to v1.3.0 is the optional ability to scan your contacts on your phone and discover other Scorbit players in the app. Your privacy, as well as your contact’s privacy, is seriously important to us, so we do not save, store, or add your contacts to any list! When you tap the Community tab for the first time after v1.3.0, you will be prompted for an opportunity to scan your contacts and find matches. If any are found, you get a chance to add individual contacts, or just follow them all at once with one click.

Scan ContactsScan Contacts

We’ve also added a new “Contacts” section to your settings so you can always go back and rescan.

To complement contact scanning, we recognize that not everyone you want to follow is in your phone contacts. Therefore, we also offer you the ability to copy a special link to your clipboard. Anyone sent this link will automatically navigate directly to your Scorbit profile, and if they don’t have Scorbit installed, it will prompt them to install, sign up and then navigate directly to your profile. Whether they choose to follow you or not at that point is entirely up to them!

Copy Link to ProfileCopy Link to Profile

** Deep Thoughts about Deep Links **

Inviting someone to navigate directly to your profile is an example of a deep link. Deep links are any type of link that takes a player from outside the app into a specific screen inside the app, such as your profile as mentioned above.

When you scan a QR code printed and displayed on a machine or one displayed on a game screen, that is also a deep link, as it will take the player directly to the right screen. These QR codes aren’t a secret authentication mechanism (the app already knows who you are), they are merely convenient ways to navigate directly to an app location.

We heard loud and clear from venue owners the desire to share a link, either directly or via a QR code, that opens into the list of machines in the venue. Now anyone can create a deep link to a venue following a special syntax for the URL. You can generate a QR code with your favorite QR code generator (it’s just a URL) and include it on posters, social media, or whatever you like, and it will open immediately to the list of machines you want to share!

Deep Link to VenueDeep Link to Venue

The deep linking format for Scorbit is really easy! The only thing you need to find is the Scorbit ID number for each type.

For a specific machine, you can go into My Machines > Edit Pencil > Tools and print the QR code. This will have the information presented in the following syntax:

https://scorbit.link/qrcode?$deeplink_path=[vmid#]&opdb=[opdbid#]

A venue is very similar, though you need to discover your venue ID. We will be exposing the venue ID in a new venue screen in a future release, but meanwhile, you can email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to provide the ID. Venue syntax looks like this:

https://scorbit.link/venue?$deeplink_path=venue&venueid=[venueid#]

Finally, if you use the Settings > Contacts “Copy Link” option, you will be given a URL with this syntax for navigating directly to your profile:

https://scorbit.link/invite?$deeplink_path=invite&inviteuserid=[userid#]

We think these deep links can be used for all sorts of applications.

As always, we are grateful to our hundreds of beta testers and dedicated players across the globe. We love you!

We have put details around all these new features in our support documentation at https://support.scorbit.io.

** v1.3.0 Release Notes **

• Adds Auto Claim, new notifications, following enhancements, contact scanning, deep linking to venues, machines and profiles
  • Fix for incorrect challenger field for challenges you haven't received on score items.
  • Viewing radius and distance calculations now shown in miles or kilometers automatically depending on what country you happen to be standing in.
  • Fixes lack of SAVE button on creating a new machine screen.
  • Fixes timeout rubber banding you back into the session screen
  • Various upgrades of libraries under the hood for performance and stability.
  • Creates Auto-Claim Timeout field on Playing Preferences
  • Fix for picker fields on Playing Preferences
  • Adds support for all current Stern Spike 2 machines for code released as of 1/10/23
  • Fixes image cropping when adding a victory photo
  • Fix for crash when turning on/off prompting in Playing Preferences
  • Support for more VPINs and Home Brew games, including Haunted Cruise, Magic Girl, and VPIN recreations such as Iron Maiden, Guardians and originals like Blood Machines
  • Released new developer documentation with VPIN table developers interested in integrating Scorbit at https://tools.scorbit.io/developer
#726 1 year ago

Auto-claim is the world's greatest invention so far in 2023. Nothing more annoying than pulling out your phone between every game instead of taking a drink of my beer. Well done Jay and team.

#727 1 year ago
Quoted from BoZack:

Auto-claim is the world's greatest invention so far in 2023. Nothing more annoying than pulling out your phone between every game instead of taking a drink of my beer. Well done Jay and team.

Our pleasure Zack. Delegates is in the queue here to get done as well. Stay tuned.

#728 1 year ago

Thanks for all the hard work and updates as well as correspondence. Working on updating my machines- Home league next week!

2 weeks later
#729 1 year ago

Is Scorbit working today?

I finally got some time to try the new hog / auto claim mode. However, the app (iOS) just hangs on the “Loading Session…” screen after scanning the QR code.

Tried force quitting it as well as deleting and installing again, but no difference.

Update 1: Now it’s just showing a spinning star-like thing and not showing anything where it previously said loading session.

Update 2: seems to work if I don’t use the QR. Selecting pin from list worked and auto claim even worked after that.

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Is Scorbit working today?
I finally got some time to try the new hog / auto claim mode. However, the app (iOS) just hangs on the “Loading Session…” screen after scanning the QR code.
Tried force quitting it as well as deleting and installing again, but no difference.
Update 1: Now it’s just showing a spinning star-like thing and not showing anything where it previously said loading session.
Update 2: seems to work if I don’t use the QR. Selecting pin from list worked and auto claim even worked after that.

Thanks for the updates!! Can you confirm the app version and build number, and your mobile platform/OS version?

Thanks!!

#731 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

Thanks for the updates!! Can you confirm the app version and build number, and your mobile platform/OS version?
Thanks!!

iOS Build 1.3.2 (1057)
iPhone 13 Pro Max

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

iOS Build 1.3.2 (1057)
iPhone 13 Pro Max

altan that's my exact configuration. Another question: Is the QR code you are scanning in a private venue?

#733 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

altan that's my exact configuration. Another question: Is the QR code you are scanning in a private venue?

Yes it is.
I don’t know if it was a temp problem.
I’ll try again tonight hopefully.

#734 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Yes it is.
I don’t know if it was a temp problem.
I’ll try again tonight hopefully.

We have identified a bug we are working to correct on scanning QRs into private venues you don’t own or on the player list for. I hope to have that resolved for you soon. However, if you both own the machine (visible in My Machines) and the venue (visible in My Venues) it should work. Let me know what you find!

#735 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

We have identified a bug we are working to correct on scanning QRs into private venues you don’t own or on the player list for. I hope to have that resolved for you soon. However, if you both own the machine (visible in My Machines) and the venue (visible in My Venues) it should work. Let me know what you find!

Well, I cannot explain it --- but all is working well today. Figured it was your backend when the QR didn't work but the iPhone App "click on the game" did. But who knows.

Auto claim is a awesome feature.

#736 1 year ago
Quoted from altan:

Well, I cannot explain it --- but all is working well today. Figured it was your backend when the QR didn't work but the iPhone App "click on the game" did. But who knows.
Auto claim is a awesome feature.

Thank you!! Glad to hear it.

3 weeks later
#737 1 year ago

So Eric was on the FlipnOut stream saying they were not going to be using Scorebit in JJPs. Does this mean older JJP games like GNR will get bricked?

#738 1 year ago

Nothing will be bricked.

#739 1 year ago

Will Godfather support Scorbit?

#740 1 year ago

** SERVICE INTERRUPTION TO JERSEY JACK OWNERS **

Important update for Jersey Jack owners only:

Moving forward Scorbit will no longer support live connections to Jersey Jack Pinball machines.

Regrettably, Jersey Jack Pinball has informed us that they no longer value the services provided by Scorbit and connected pinball and have chosen to remove Scorbit from their machines.

As such, effective immediately, Jersey Jack Pinball machines may no longer connect or function with the Scorbit app as they had previously. Existing achievements, leaderboard entries, and other data will continue to exist within the platform, but no new achievements can be earned or challenges played as the service is removed.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a surprise to us and the community. We are heartbroken.

We have made every attempt to come to a mutually satisfying agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball, but unfortunately they have made their position clear that they wish to go in a different direction, and that connected pinball is not something they are looking to invest in any longer.

We wish Jersey Jack Pinball the best of luck with their future endeavors. We love their excellent games. These are some of the best designers on earth. Any inquiries or dissatisfaction with this decision should be sent to Jersey Jack Pinball. This is entirely their decision and we can only hope they reconsider in the future.

As always, Scorbit is committed to connected pinball and we remain open to work with all pinball manufacturers who value the concept, respect the pinball community and are open to driving innovation in pinball.

** Q & A **

Q: What drove this decision by Jersey Jack to abandon Scorbit?

A: It’s not entirely clear. We know that in our conversations with JJP up until the launch of The Godfather, we had support from within the game design team. Scorbit was included in the marketing documentation for The Godfather. We were surprised when we were told by the leadership they did not value Scorbit features or connected pinball in early March.

Q: We heard that there are over 10,000 connected JJP machines. Is that true?

A: As of the time of this post in March, 2023, there are over 10,000 active, connected JJP machines on the Scorbit platform posting scores and growing every day.

Q: Did Scorbit try to change the terms of an agreement with Jersey Jack?

A: We have never been under any contractual agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball. Over the years, we have offered them various service level agreements to further partner and formalize our relationship, but they have never been interested in negotiating at any level.

Q: Were there any service issues between JJP and Scorbit?

A: No, we have scaled our platform in line with their demand, and resolved every support request from Jersey Jack’s customers, free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for years.

Q: What was Scorbit’s last request of Jersey Jack prior to this decision?

A: Due to significant growth and engagement of the product, in mid February we requested some updates to the network code on their end to improve performance and reduce overhead.

The employee at JJP responsible for these changes resigned, so we offered to make the changes ourselves.

At this point they stopped responding to messages. The next communication was their decision to end the relationship, for which we learned more details during a livestream.

Q: Was Scorbit requiring a cost component to Jersey Jack which led to this decision?

A: No. Our API access has always been free of charge to Jersey Jack and their customers. It is true that we have presented options to JJP that included shared costs for accelerated benefits, features and enhanced support, but always offered them a free option. For some reason, they were not interested in negotiating an agreement or exploring ways to continue working together.

Q: What happens to the entire library of older games that currently connect to Scorbit?

A: Jersey Jack has informed us that they intend to remove Scorbit from their game code on all previous titles. The titles will continue to function but will no longer connect to Scorbit.

Q: What data did Scorbit provide to Jersey Jack, and what is the state of that data?

A: We offered Jersey Jack access to anonymized analytics around their games and engagement, and built a custom portal for that use. To this day, no JJP employee has logged into that portal, so we disabled their access to the portal. They never noticed.

Q: I use Scorbit every day on my GnR. Does this mean my game is now bricked? How do I complete my achievements?

A: We are truly sorry but Scorbit will no longer function on your GnR. You can continue to post scores manually via the app by taking photos of your scores as we do on EM machines.You will no longer be able to view new session timelines, earn achievements or engage in challenges.

Q: I am a Jersey Jack machine owner and I use Scorbit pro licenses with my games. What should I do?

A: Send an email to [email protected] and we will cancel the license and offer you a refund.

Q: What does this mean for Scorbit’s future?

A: We have numerous manufacturers using our platform, and the entirety of our business model comes from non-JJP machines. There will be no impact to our operating business, other than to improve the economics. We do anticipate a significant reduction of load on our platform, which will result in lower overall cost for our infrastructure.

Offical blog post: https://scorbit.io/service-interruption-to-jersey-jack-customers/

#741 1 year ago

Brutal. Well, thanks for being transparent about it. The ability to earn achievements and interop with my home arcade leaderboard was the main reason I pursued picking up JJP machines. I guess that will certainly contribute to my future purchase considerations.

#742 1 year ago

Thanks Jay. So if we don’t update our JJP code we can still access Scorbit or did it get pulled on the backend?

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Thanks Jay. So if we don’t update our JJP code we can still access Scorbit or did it get pulled on the backend?

Unfortunately, as explained somewhat in the post, we required some changes to JJP code to stay compatible with Scorbit and continue to perform securely and at scale. Therefore, at some point soon, it will no longer function even on older code revisions.

We had been working with Keith and proposed taking on the coding for them to make it entirely painless (at our cost) but we never got any follow up, they dropped all communication. Therefore, we'll have no choice but to continue to make the changes so all our other users and customers continue to function.

Feel free to drop JJP a line and let them know your concerns.

#744 1 year ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Brutal. Well, thanks for being transparent about it. The ability to earn achievements and interop with my home arcade leaderboard was the main reason I pursued picking up JJP machines. I guess that will certainly contribute to my future purchase considerations.

We had expected to do a coordinated process with them but they decided to announce this on a livestream last night. Sorry about that.

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

Moving forward Scorbit will no longer support live connections to Jersey Jack Pinball machines.
Regrettably, Jersey Jack Pinball has informed us that they no longer value the services provided by Scorbit and connected pinball and have chosen to remove Scorbit from their machines.
As such, effective immediately, Jersey Jack Pinball machines may no longer connect or function with the Scorbit app as they had previously. Existing achievements, leaderboard entries, and other data will continue to exist within the platform, but no new achievements can be earned or challenges played as the service is removed.
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a surprise to us and the community. We are heartbroken.
We have made every attempt to come to a mutually satisfying agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball, but unfortunately they have made their position clear that they wish to go in a different direction, and that connected pinball is not something they are looking to invest in any longer.
We wish Jersey Jack Pinball the best of luck with their future endeavors. We love their excellent games. These are some of the best designers on earth. Any inquiries or dissatisfaction with this decision should be sent to Jersey Jack Pinball. This is entirely their decision and we can only hope they reconsider in the future.
As always, Scorbit is committed to connected pinball and we remain open to work with all pinball manufacturers who value the concept, respect the pinball community and are open to driving innovation in pinball.
** Q & A **
A: It’s not entirely clear. We know that in our conversations with JJP up until the launch of The Godfather, we had support from within the game design team. Scorbit was included in the marketing documentation for The Godfather. We were surprised when we were told by the leadership they did not value Scorbit features or connected pinball in early March.
A: As of the time of this post in March, 2023, there are over 10,000 active, connected JJP machines on the Scorbit platform posting scores and growing every day.
A: We have never been under any contractual agreement with Jersey Jack Pinball. Over the years, we have offered them various service level agreements to further partner and formalize our relationship, but they have never been interested in negotiating at any level.
A: No, we have scaled our platform in line with their demand, and resolved every support request from Jersey Jack’s customers, free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for years.
A: Due to significant growth and engagement of the product, in mid February we requested some updates to the network code on their end to improve performance and reduce overhead.
The employee at JJP responsible for these changes resigned, so we offered to make the changes ourselves.
At this point they stopped responding to messages. The next communication was their decision to end the relationship, for which we learned more details during a livestream.
Q: Was Scorbit requiring a cost component to Jersey Jack which led to this decision?
A: No. Our API access has always been free of charge to Jersey Jack and their customers. It is true that we have presented options to JJP that included shared costs for accelerated benefits, features and enhanced support, but always offered them a free option. For some reason, they were not interested in negotiating an agreement or exploring ways to continue working together.
Q: What happens to the entire library of older games that currently connect to Scorbit?
A: Jersey Jack has informed us that they intend to remove Scorbit from their game code on all previous titles. The titles will continue to function but will no longer connect to Scorbit.
Q: What data did Scorbit provide to Jersey Jack, and what is the state of that data?
A: We offered Jersey Jack access to anonymized analytics around their games and engagement, and built a custom portal for that use. To this day, no JJP employee has logged into that portal, so we disabled their access to the portal. They never noticed.
Q: I use Scorbit every day on my GnR. Does this mean my game is now bricked? How do I complete my achievements?
A: We are truly sorry but Scorbit will no longer function on your GnR. You can continue to post scores manually via the app by taking photos of your scores as we do on EM machines.You will no longer be able to view new session timelines, earn achievements or engage in challenges.
Q: I am a Jersey Jack machine owner and I use Scorbit pro licenses with my games. What should I do?
A: Send an email to [email protected] and we will cancel the license and offer you a refund.
A: We have numerous manufacturers using our platform, and the entirety of our business model comes from non-JJP machines. There will be no impact to our operating business, other than to improve the economics. We do anticipate a significant reduction of load on our platform, which will result in lower overall cost for our infrastructure.
Offical blog post: https://scorbit.io/service-interruption-to-jersey-jack-customers/

That’s really too bad that you had to hear about your services being cut from their machines on their public livestream. They should have worked with you to resolve any issues.

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

That’s really too bad that you had to hear about your services being cut from their machines on their public livestream. They should have worked with you to resolve any issues.

To be clear: We heard this week from them in an email this was happening. We just expected to announce it with some time/planning and discuss it all. Instead you see what happened. I think Keith's quote was something like "divesting themselves from Scorbit" or similar language. That did not come from us.

Not surprisingly, JJP owners found out about it and flooded us with questions. We had no choice to but lay it out there with the limited information we had.

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from jsa:

** Q & A **

Sorry Jay and Scorbit team. Hopefully there isn't a 1st party JJP internet connectivity product in the near future. Owners don't want a different solution for every manufacturer and sure as hell don't want to pay a monthly fee to manufacturers.

Keep on fighting the good fight.

#748 1 year ago

This sucks. Sorry Jay and Scorbit team. My family and friends have really enjoyed using Scorbit with my GnR and Hobbit pinball machines. It's really disappointing to hear that JJP pulled the plug on this. I hope they change their minds. Keep up the great work Scorbit team!

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

This sucks. Sorry Jay and Scorbit team. My family and friends have really enjoyed using Scorbit with my GnR and Hobbit pinball machines. It's really disappointing to hear that JJP pulled the plug on this. I hope they change their minds. Keep up the great work Scorbit team!

Thank you. Please don't hesitate to tell JJP how you feel.

#750 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:That’s really too bad that you had to hear about your services being cut from their machines on their public livestream. They should have worked with you to resolve any issues.

Yeah this isn’t a good look for JJP trying to convince people to buy their new machines, especially existing JJP owners who just got burned. So what’s the move forward pinball_keefer ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.