• 876 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jsa
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

662112caabcc716b19bfc38f_Interview with Ron Richards, co-founder of Scorbit (resized).jpg
Appv1310_Update_Social_16x9_final_2 (resized).png
settings (resized).jpg
sharing_screen_2 (resized).jpg
sharing_screen (resized).jpg
timeline_640.gif
share_score.png
score_screen.jpg
timeline_640_crop.gif
ss_1_power_connector (resized).jpg
ss_1_adaptor_on_board (resized).jpg
ss-1_adaptor (resized).jpg
v1.3.7_header (resized).jpg
jjp_scorbit_menu (resized).jpeg
F67FA8ED-88EC-4C5B-B4B7-89A298A80550 (resized).png
F8348788-3939-4927-9E4F-8B812A6B8527.gif
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Sidenote : really need to fix auto claim when the phone goes to sleep. It's really a bummer to have to turn on the phone to ensure the app will keep the connection to the machine

yes, used it for the first time last night. this is a blocker for adoption.
That and I cant get it to use my initials, even though I slide it to USE MY INITIALS for the leaderboard - seems broken.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Stern insider connect is getting a lot of coverage, as can attest the amount of posts on the pinside thread. Kind of a shame that they did not go the route of licencing Scorbit, but from their perspective I guess it makes sense.
The fact that it does not require a monthly fee (yet) is probably the main reason they get so much traction
For me I'm still in the fence. Waiting to decide which route to go.
Sidenote : really need to fix auto claim when the phone goes to sleep. It's really a bummer to have to turn on the phone to ensure the app will keep the connection to the machine

Understood. Note that the app does not need to be open if you have prompting set to off and you claimed at the start of the game.

Stern’s product does work in a well integrated way for their 17-18 titles. I think for folks who want to use these features for anything else, the R&D and service quality make it worth the investment. That being said, we are free to use as a player and any machine that connects directly to our platform.

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Understood. Note that the app does not need to be open if you have prompting set to off and you claimed at the start of the game..

Where is prompting?

Also I can't get it to use my initials. Ves
I slide the settingb to use infinitely and then i notice it slides itself back at some point after playing (when I compete game it says vespula and I accept maybe it changes the setting?) Seems buggy.

Screenshot_20220124-185415_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220124-185415_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#504 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Where is prompting?
Also I can't get it to use my initials. Ves
I slide the settingb to use infinitely and then i notice it slides itself back at some point after playing (when I compete game it says vespula and I accept maybe it changes the setting?) Seems buggy.[quoted image]

On the initials I think it depends on the game settings. I have my 2 jjp set to 10 characters so it will use the "name" and not the initials.

#505 2 years ago

If you turn “ask to save” off, it will assume any claimed game will be automatically saved.

If there is a problem turning it off, that’s definitely a bug. Let us know what version of the app you’re running and the platform/hardware.

As for initials, JJP games are not yet supporting this preference, but will in the next release which they have said is coming soon.

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

On the initials I think it depends on the game settings. I have my 2 jjp set to 10 characters so it will use the "name" and not the initials.

That would make sense to me if there wasn't a setting in the scorbit app that specifically says "prefer initials on game leaderboard"... Isn't that what this setting means? Or is that just for the scorbit app only?

jsa So Where does the name get populated from that is entered into the high score on the pin after a game?
If it's display name then why do we have initials?
Is the setting I mentioned above toggling between the display name and initials in the game or just scorbit?

Confused.

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That would make sense to me if there wasn't a setting in the scorbit app that specifically says "prefer initials on game leaderboard"... Isn't that what this setting means? Or is that just for the scorbit app only?
jsa So Where does the name get populated from that is entered into the high score on the pin after a game?
If it's display name then why do we have initials?
Is the setting I mentioned above toggling between the display name and initials in the game or just scorbit?
Confused.

The Scorbit leaderboards use the Scorbit settings. The game leaderboards will use the setting once they release support in coming days. The name goes from Scorbit to the game. We send the game initials and your display name, along with your preference, on every game.

#508 2 years ago

One other thing I should point out… the game maintains a connection to the Scorbit platform, and the app maintains a connection to the platform.

The app doesn’t actually talk to the game directly, for various performance and security reasons… though we try to make it seem that way!

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Understood. Note that the app does not need to be open if you have prompting set to off and you claimed at the start of the game.
Stern’s product does work in a well integrated way for their 17-18 titles. I think for folks who want to use these features for anything else, the R&D and service quality make it worth the investment. That being said, we are free to use as a player and any machine that connects directly to our platform.

With regards to claiming the game, unless I misunderstand, the phone has to be on (ie not to sleep) at the start of the game for claiming to work, at least that's what I experienced (I have auto claim setup - JJP DI). Is this the expected behaviour ?

For me, a more practical approach for home use would be that once a spot has been claimed (say at the beginning of a playing session) and auto claim is on, game should always auto claim for subsequent plays, even if app is disconnected and/or phone went to sleep.

With regards to "free to use as a player", well it does require a licence fee for non JJP machine, so it's not strictly accurate, no ?

I agree that Scorbit being cross platform is a value add, plus I've not yet been able to test Stern Insider Connect, so I can't make any comparison on usability, efficiency (and they've kept relatively quiet on what their "premium" tier - ie monthly licence fee would bring).

But overall, pricing wise, they do have quite an edge: in general, for a licencing scheme, HW is subsidized and licencing make up for the subsidy in the long run (say about one year). In their case, their cost is lower than Scorbit ($199 for IC, $299 for Scorbit) and they don't require a monthly fee. For IC supported games, it's kind of a win value proposition. Their BOM cost is obviously much lower since they don't have to "hack" into the system to get score data, and they control their manufacturing, so from the competition perspective, it's a tough value proposition to beat.

I guess this will pretty much mean that IC will simply take over this market for supported games, and Scorbit will remain the defacto (and only) choice for other machine brands, especially older ones.

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

With regards to "free to use as a player", well it does require a licence fee for non JJP machine, so it's not strictly accurate, no ?

I guess it matters how many hairs we want to split, sure.

If you are someone who is playing a game that has Scorbit in it (through built in support or hardware), there's no additional cost to you.
If you're the player, who happens to own the machine, and the Scorbit, there's an additional cost to you in the form of the hardware and the monthly fee.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

With regards to claiming the game, unless I misunderstand, the phone has to be on (ie not to sleep) at the start of the game for claiming to work, at least that's what I experienced (I have auto claim setup - JJP DI). Is this the expected behaviour ?

Yes, that is if you don't want to interact at all with the app. There is a feature coming (see above posts) which will automate that without the app open, but there will always be a kill switch if you walk away for a specified period of time.

Quoted from Ashram56:

For me, a more practical approach for home use would be that once a spot has been claimed (say at the beginning of a playing session) and auto claim is on, game should always auto claim for subsequent plays, even if app is disconnected and/or phone went to sleep.

That is precisely the feature coming. We call it "Hog Mode." See above for more info on that, but it's pretty much exactly what you are describing.

Quoted from Ashram56:

I agree that Scorbit being cross platform is a value add, plus I've not yet been able to test Stern Insider Connect, so I can't make any comparison on usability, efficiency (and they've kept relatively quiet on what their "premium" tier - ie monthly licence fee would bring).
But overall, pricing wise, they do have quite an edge: in general, for a licencing scheme, HW is subsidized and licencing make up for the subsidy in the long run (say about one year). In their case, their cost is lower than Scorbit ($199 for IC, $299 for Scorbit) and they don't require a monthly fee. For IC supported games, it's kind of a win value proposition. Their BOM cost is obviously much lower since they don't have to "hack" into the system to get score data, and they control their manufacturing, so from the competition perspective, it's a tough value proposition to beat.

I wouldn't call our product a hack, though I understand your point. Our costs to our users for hardware go as low as $165/unit as the cost goes down based on the volume of licenses you're enabling. Also we have two cost models on the subscription, standard and pro, and the pro service is something you'll see more information about as the pandemic starts to fade a bit and more commercial use starts to pick up. Our payments platform, for example, is something that we spend a lot of time on as a value added feature coming soon (we don't charge for its use).

Our product, to be honest, is the platform, not the hardware. We have new versions of our product for older games that will reduce the cost of that hardware or make it free for subscribers. However that does require specific SKUs for specific games to get those efficiencies, and we need to be careful the order in which we can roll those out to make sure we are capital efficient.

Quoted from Ashram56:

I guess this will pretty much mean that IC will simply take over this market for supported games, and Scorbit will remain the defacto (and only) choice for other machine brands, especially older ones.

Yes, that's quite possible. I think an integrated approach makes sense, and we're fans of what Stern is trying to do. We do talk to Stern, and we all want the same thing (more people playing pinball), so we'll see what happens in the future. Meanwhile, for our feature set (challenges, achievements tied to things outside a game session, venue features, custom leaderboarding, visualizations, operator alerts and fleet management, and of course, an actual app with push notifications) we're the only service that exists right now as IC hasn't yet released these features. I'm sure they will soon. Let's just say as someone who has built and rolled out many services at scale, I think it's wise to be patient and give them time.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Yes, that is if you don't want to interact at all with the app. There is a feature coming (see above posts) which will automate that without the app open, but there will always be a kill switch if you walk away for a specified period of time.

That is precisely the feature coming. We call it "Hog Mode." See above for more info on that, but it's pretty much exactly what you are describing.

I wouldn't call our product a hack, though I understand your point. Our costs to our users for hardware go as low as $165/unit as the cost goes down based on the volume of licenses you're enabling. Also we have two cost models on the subscription, standard and pro, and the pro service is something you'll see more information about as the pandemic starts to fade a bit and more commercial use starts to pick up. Our payments platform, for example, is something that we spend a lot of time on as a value added feature coming soon (we don't charge for its use).
Our product, to be honest, is the platform, not the hardware. We have new versions of our product for older games that will reduce the cost of that hardware or make it free for subscribers. However that does require specific SKUs for specific games to get those efficiencies, and we need to be careful the order in which we can roll those out to make sure we are capital efficient.

Yes, that's quite possible. I think an integrated approach makes sense, and we're fans of what Stern is trying to do. We do talk to Stern, and we all want the same thing (more people playing pinball), so we'll see what happens in the future. Meanwhile, for our feature set (challenges, achievements tied to things outside a game session, venue features, custom leaderboarding, visualizations, operator alerts and fleet management, and of course, an actual app with push notifications) we're the only service that exists right now as IC hasn't yet released these features. I'm sure they will soon. Let's just say as someone who has built and rolled out many services at scale, I think it's wise to be patient and give them time.

Just to be clear, my wording of a 'hack' is not quite appropriate, I used it for lack of a better word. Let's say 'a HW contraption that capture score data', although on Spike it's probably actually easier than on WPC where you need to grab DMD frames. One would think that on Spike, you could reduce your BOM cost significantly by using simpler HW (essentially wifi plus a RPI type device for USB interaction), no?

Speaking of which, can Stern turn off this capability to report a score through USB, effectively rendering Scorbit unusable on Spike (if I understood correctly how it works). That would be a low blow on their part though

Last point : do you intend to enable EU based distributors? As it stands, shipping and taxes are super high (as taxes apply to the total value of the product plus shipping, and there's a fixed custom clearance fee) for EU customers

Regards

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

One would think that on Spike, you could reduce your BOM cost significantly by using simpler HW (essentially wifi plus a RPI type device for USB interaction), no?

Correct, that’s one of the projects we are working on. Even better would be no hardware at all, which requires Stern to pass certain data from the game to us or from their API to us.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Speaking of which, can Stern turn off this capability to report a score through USB, effectively rendering Scorbit unusable on Spike (if I understood correctly how it works). That would be a low blow on their part though

I suppose they could do many things to block us, but I don’t think it buys them anything. Best to ask Stern that question directly, as I can’t speak for them.

Quoted from Ashram56:

Last point : do you intend to enable EU based distributors? As it stands, shipping and taxes are super high (as taxes apply to the total value of the product plus shipping, and there's a fixed custom clearance fee) for EU customers
Regards

We have had interest from distributors in various locations. Our view is that we need some higher manufacturing volume first so we can give them the margins they will need (when the hardware isn’t free), so we shall see. Meanwhile we will do our best to minimize our costs of our BOM. We are always open to conversations about all that as long as we can do the cart and license integrations, which should be fairly simple.

1 week later
#514 2 years ago

We're live at INDISC 2022, the World Championships of Pinball! We're installed in 22 games at the moment, spanning everything from Future Spa to Godzilla (LE). You can have a look with the links in the blog post below.

https://scorbit.io/scorbit-live-at-indisc-2022/

#515 2 years ago

One of the best side effects of self driving car technologies is that the more of the inner workings of our automobiles became open. A good example is commai's open source panda project gave the world an universal decoder ring to the CAN bus. Any chance Scorbit does something similar and open sources some of your hardware decoder ring logic as you move more into the platform side?

https://comma-ai.medium.com/a-panda-and-a-cabana-how-to-get-started-car-hacking-with-comma-ai-b5e46fae8646

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

One of the best side effects of self driving car technologies is that the more of the inner workings of our automobiles became open. A good example is commai's open source panda project gave the world an universal decoder ring to the CAN bus. Any chance Scorbit does something similar and open sources some of your hardware decoder ring logic as you move more into the platform side?
https://comma-ai.medium.com/a-panda-and-a-cabana-how-to-get-started-car-hacking-with-comma-ai-b5e46fae8646

If you mean by hardware decoder ring logic the decoders that interpret display or CPU frames, maybe? I'm not sure it isn't already out there (I guess it depends which piece of the puzzle you're referring to). Right now it's hard to imagine a use case that wouldn't be easier just using a Scorbitron or our API, anyway... Remember, just because we have a patent, it doesn't mean we won't license it or grant permission.

#517 2 years ago

IMG_4968.jpgIMG_4968.jpg

Scorbit would like to extend an enthusiastic congratulations to Zach McCarthy, the new 2022 IFPA World Champion!

As a sponsor of both the IFPA and INDISC, we can say that this year was the best year ever. A new location at the Riverside Convention Center in sunny southern California, the event brought together the world's best pinball players for an action-packed four days of competition.

Scorbit was honored to participate with installations in over 22 machines ranging from classics to moderns, Ballys to Sterns, providing automated scoring for scorekeepers and real-time data for the live broadcast. Thanks to Karl DeAngelo, the wizard tournament director and author of Drains Tournament Manager, the integration with Scorbit was flawless.

Keep an eye out for Karl's posts with video from this past week's INDISC competition on his Twitch channel:

https://twitch.tv/iepinball

You can see (for a limited time) the full final battle here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1289279350?t=08h54m29s

Also he often posts to his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/IEPinball

Many thanks to all that helped during the quick lead up to the event, including (but not limited to) NeilMcRae sfbrian and @ronxo.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 3.44.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-02-08 at 3.44.10 PM.png

1 week later
#518 2 years ago

I'm having an issue getting the scorebit app to claim a spot on my Wonka LE. Everything was working fine until I was sent a challenge, received the challenge, and since have not been able to claim a spot at all (even scanning QR code at start). Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I'm having an issue getting the scorebit app to claim a spot on my Wonka LE. Everything was working fine until I was sent a challenge, received the challenge, and since have not been able to claim a spot at all (even scanning QR code at start). Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

So I have a Wonka and a GNR at home. Both are hooked up to Scorbit and both were working well until last week. My phone app recognizes GNR, but it will not let me claim a player. Wonka works perfectly fine and I can claim a player. I went into the GNR settings and no luck. Please help. Cheers!

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Can you confirm what version of the app you're running? Check Account Menu > Settings > App Version.

You should make sure you're on the latest version, and let me know what your venue name and username is (please DM me).

Quoted from GranpaDave:

So I have a Wonka and a GNR at home. Both are hooked up to Scorbit and both were working well until last week. My phone app recognizes GNR, but it will not let me claim a player. Wonka works perfectly fine and I can claim a player. I went into the GNR settings and no luck. Please help. Cheers!

We have found there were some private venue setups that require that all names are added to the Players list (Account Menu > My Venues > Venue Name > Players). Is the venue private? DM me the info and I suspect we can figure out where the problem is.

#521 2 years ago

Scorbit_V12_16x9 (resized).jpgScorbit_V12_16x9 (resized).jpg

** ANNOUNCING v1.2 RELEASE **

Scorbit v1.2 is here! We're really excited to get this new version of the app released that brings a number of new features and enhancements to the platform. As we roll into 2022, we've seen thousands of challenges fly through the system and got a ton of feedback from users so we gave the entire Challenges feature a major upgrade!

Here's a rundown of what you'll see in Scorbit v1.2

choose_challenger_small_2 (resized).jpgchoose_challenger_small_2 (resized).jpg

** Challenges Revamped! **

We've taken all of your feedback and completely revamped the Scorbit challenge system for machines connected to the Scorbit platform (either with a Scorbitron installed or connected directly like on Jersey Jack Pinball Machines) The focus was all on transparency and to create a fair way to engage in a casual challenge. At the end of a game, you can tag as many people as you like to beat your score. Each tagged user each has a separate challenge which is tracked separately. You will receive a notification of the challenge, and you can accept or ignore them in your various feeds.

Now accepted challenges allow you to:

° Choose if you want to play the challenge NOW or LATER when you claim a slot on a machine. This requires you have the app open and handy!
° If you've accepted multiple, choose which challenge you want to play

failed_attempt_small (resized).pngfailed_attempt_small (resized).png

Since the challenge creator got to pick a great game, you now have as many ATTEMPTS as you like to beat the score until the challenge expires, which is currently set to one week.

challenge_play_small (resized).jpgchallenge_play_small (resized).jpg

While you play a challenge, you can see the person you are challenging during game play and the score to beat.

challenge_feed_small (resized).jpgchallenge_feed_small (resized).jpg

Challenges will only show up in feeds if you follow the users involved, and when they do, they will display the winner and loser of the challenge. We think this is a great casual way to brag to your friends with a good score to beat and get a little competition going.

machine_tab_improvements_small (resized).jpgmachine_tab_improvements_small (resized).jpg

** Pinball Machines Tab **

We've updated the Pinball Machines tab with easier search features, finding machines based on distance, and more! On the default Pinball Machine search screen,alphabet navigation tabs can be used to quickly move through the list of machines to find the one you're looking for.

Once you've found the machine, tap the map pin next to the name and the app shows a list of that specific title near you sorted by distance.

We've also improved handling of machines that share the same name (Like Guns N' Roses (Data East) and Guns N' Roses (JJP)). Now anytime the two are side by side in the app, codes will help distinguish them.

achievement_lists_small (resized).jpgachievement_lists_small (resized).jpg

** Other Enhancements **

Anywhere there are Achievements in the app, we give you the option to view all the Achievements on the list, and see how many you've achieved. This is really useful from within the Pinball Machine Tab or Play Tab to know what to go after next. Along with that, we've added better display of mysterious achievements and other members of the same achievement group. Some game designers want you to see them, others prefer they remain partially obscured. We leave it up to them how much to reveal, but the "All Achievements" list at least gets you a sense of what remains.

Version 1.2 includes many behind-the-scenes feature enhancements, performance improvements, and changes to registration and user flows. We've improved handling of nearby machines, allows playing/claiming of slots in private venues with QR and manual navigation as long as you're right next to the machine. The release has hundreds of bug fixes and small changes, and we're super proud to share it all with you. We can't wait to see all the fun games of pinball you play with Scorbit at your side!

#522 2 years ago

Is it normal that I have to unlock my phone every game to get it to connect me? I roll from one game to the next and it doesn't keep me there.

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Can you confirm what version of the app you're running? Check Account Menu > Settings > App Version.

I'm now running Build 1.2.0 and it has fixed the issue of not being able to claim a spot. The first thing I checked for was app updates or scorbit updates on pin, neither of which were avaiable until the 1.2.0 was just released.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I'm now running Build 1.2.0 and it has fixed the issue of not being able to claim a spot. The first thing I checked for was app updates or scorbit updates on pin, neither of which were avaiable until the 1.2.0 was just released.

My games are also working as well after the app update. Somehow my scores are still about the same...

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Is it normal that I have to unlock my phone every game to get it to connect me? I roll from one game to the next and it doesn't keep me there.

If you have the app settings to "prompt after game" in the Account Menu > Settings > Playing Preferences, it will always make you agree to save the score after each game.

If you have it set to auto-save (no prompting), and have it set to auto-claim, and the phone is on and open (not locked and sleeping), it should work.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Quoted from GranpaDave:

My games are also working as well after the app update. Somehow my scores are still about the same...

We did fix a number of bugs with v1.2.0, I'm glad it's working for you both. That being said, there are plenty more bugs, so please let us know what your experiences are like using it!

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

If you have the app settings to "prompt after game" in the Account Menu > Settings > Playing Preferences, it will always make you agree to save the score after each game.
If you have it set to auto-save (no prompting), and have it set to auto-claim, and the phone is on and open (not locked and sleeping), it should work.

I think what he's saying is that it would be nice if it would claim the game even if your phone locks. I've had some games where I thought it was claimed and then I find at the initials screen that my phone fell asleep and it's too late. It would also be nice to be able to claim the game at the initials screen if you didn't get it in before.

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think what he's saying is that it would be nice if it would claim the game even if your phone locks. I've had some games where I thought it was claimed and then I find at the initials screen that my phone fell asleep and it's too late. It would also be nice to be able to claim the game at the initials screen if you didn't get it in before.

Right, that's the hog mode feature which is coming in a future release. The challenge is the mixed use cases (home use versus public venues), and the tendency for people to walk away from a machine and the unfortunately next guy ends up with your identity with his score.

We did a bunch of research on the process and honestly, there is no perfect answer, but we think home users will like our hog mode alternative, which functions like a kill switch. It will keep you as the claimed user as long as you don't walk away for a short period, in which case it resets and has to be re-enabled again.

#530 2 years ago

Any chance you guys are working with Dutch Pinball for integration with BOP 2.0 and TBL?

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Any chance you guys are working with Dutch Pinball for integration with BOP 2.0 and TBL?

Yes, we are in touch with DP on integration. They're pretty busy at the moment but they've committed to getting to it eventually!

1 week later
#532 2 years ago

Does scorbitron work with Legends of Valhalla, are there achievements?

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Does scorbitron work with Legends of Valhalla, are there achievements?

While we are discussing integration with American, we don't yet work on their machines. We hope so soon!

1 week later
#534 2 years ago

Jay - I really like all of the suggestions you are taking to heart. I’m guessing this was already covered but just in case it hasn’t - can you eventually add a feature to “chat” with your followers - even its just a one-liner that you can attach to challenges? It would be fun to friendly taunt each other or say something about the game you played (ie I stacked 4 multi balls, or I got to “x” wizard mode, or I set it to 5-ball for this challenge, or “let’s see you beat this!”). I also know it was mentioned for adding other challenges besides just score - like getting to a wizard mode or whatever - and a chat box could be a simple way to have players challenge each other on more than just score. Great work so far and I’m enjoying the updates!

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

Jay - I really like all of the suggestions you are taking to heart. I’m guessing this was already covered but just in case it hasn’t - can you eventually add a feature to “chat” with your followers - even its just a one-liner that you can attach to challenges? It would be fun to friendly taunt each other or say something about the game you played (ie I stacked 4 multi balls, or I got to “x” wizard mode, or I set it to 5-ball for this challenge, or “let’s see you beat this!”). I also know it was mentioned for adding other challenges besides just score - like getting to a wizard mode or whatever - and a chat box could be a simple way to have players challenge each other on more than just score. Great work so far and I’m enjoying the updates!

I second this.

#536 2 years ago

Is there a way to change what player you are? I've had a few times between games because I have it set up to automatically sign into the game it will plug me in as player 1 and I've been player 3 and want to stay player 3. Or just unassign from a game? Thanks!

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Is there a way to change what player you are? I've had a few times between games because I have it set up to automatically sign into the game it will plug me in as player 1 and I've been player 3 and want to stay player 3. Or just unassign from a game? Thanks!

Long press on the claimed spot that becomes “You” in the app to unclaim a spot.

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Long press on the claimed spot that becomes “You” in the app to unclaim a spot.

Awesome! Thanks!

1 week later
#539 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

While we are discussing integration with American, we don't yet work on their machines. We hope so soon!

I just got off the internet looking at your site as I am very interested in ordering some Scorbitron units for my non Spike 2 Stern games- Houdini, Hot wheels, LOV, GOT, LOTR, Star Trek, R and M, Getaway HS 2, DM, AC/DC.

So you do not support AP games?!?

Are folks installing both Stern IC and Scorbit on the same machines?

Also I really like leaderboards that I have seen for both scorebit and for stern, but only at large expos. Is there a (affordable) way to do this in the home environment?

Sorry if these issues have already been addressed.

Thanks!

#540 2 years ago

I think the Scorbit folk are at TPF this weekend, so I'll try and answer some of the obvious, though they'll probably chime in at some point

Quoted from GranpaDave:

I just got off the internet looking at your site as I am very interested in ordering some Scorbitron units for my non Spike 2 Stern games- Houdini, Hot wheels, LOV, GOT, LOTR, Star Trek, R and M, Getaway HS 2, DM, AC/DC.

No AP games yet. The pre-LCD screen games you should be fine with. I believe the last update is that they're working with American to get support in their games. I have a Rick n' Morty as well and it just took a few code updates but it works with that game now, so I'd guess it's a matter of time thing for both Scorbit and American.

Quoted from GranpaDave:

Also I really like leaderboards that I have seen for both scorebit and for stern, but only at large expos. Is there a (affordable) way to do this in the home environment?

Yes on both of these, though I haven't set it up myself. I know Neil has shared both his home leaderboard setup in this thread, and there are folks using Scorbit and Stern IC on the same machines, but I'm not sure what that setup looks like. Probably need to wait for an official response there. Here's Neil's setup:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/8#post-6563983

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

I think the Scorbit folk are at TPF this weekend, so I'll try and answer some of the obvious, though they'll probably chime in at some point

No AP games yet. The pre-LCD screen games you should be fine with. I believe the last update is that they're working with American to get support in their games. I have a Rick n' Morty as well and it just took a few code updates but it works with that game now, so I'd guess it's a matter of time thing for both Scorbit and American.

Yes on both of these, though I haven't set it up myself. I know Neil has shared both his home leaderboard setup in this thread, and there are folks using Scorbit and Stern IC on the same machines, but I'm not sure what that setup looks like. Probably need to wait for an official response there. Here's Neil's setup:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/8#post-6563983

Thanks so much!

#542 2 years ago

For those of us not at TPF, I have an update!

Ok, not a TPF level update...my son and I set up a Scorbit scoreboard on the rec room tv and it was ... amazing. I have only two Scorbit games (that will change soon-see below)- WW and GNR.

We had some brutal pinball battles, all documented real time, with the leader popping up to the top. I made a slide show which alternated between a screen showing all of the games and ones showing each game. Somehow my son's scores were always at the top- obviously a software glitch...

Last night we had a 10 person pinball party (everyone an experienced pinballer and all with Scorbit and SIC accounts) and they were all blown away by the system. We had a tournament (I have not explored if there is a specific tourney mode) and everyone was able to watch scores real time, just like the races. Not just the scores but the modes were displayed as well! The highest scores automatically popped to the top of the list. Hmmm I see some gambling in the future.

We also had Stern Insider- also a great system, but still lacking some functionality - no app (yet), scoreboard apparently is available but not for the home environment, QR reader is a little more cumbersome (but not that bad). SIC is limited to the 17 last (Spike 2) Stern games. Achievements on SIC are pretty slick though, especially with callouts.

When Scorbit and SIC came to my attention I was "Meh". Now internet connectivity is a must. I don't like playing games that are not connected which surprises the crap out of me.

Most of my games are modern Sterns and most have IC. However I am seriously considering Scorbit for all of my games. The pricing model is affordable including the monthly charge (free on the JJP games)- cheaper than a Starbucks habit.

By the way, the Scorbit website shows all of the pinball manufacturers that are supported including American pinball. From this forum it looks like that is not so? I look forward to AP being on board.

Sorry for posting so much, but this future of pinball is very cool. I will be contacting Scorbit this week.

PXL_20220326_174742693 (resized).jpgPXL_20220326_174742693 (resized).jpg

#543 2 years ago

Whoa, very cool and great setup! Thanks for sharing.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Quoted from GranpaDave:

By the way, the Scorbit website shows all of the pinball manufacturers that are supported including American pinball. From this forum it looks like that is not so? I look forward to AP being on board.
Sorry for posting so much, but this future of pinball is very cool. I will be contacting Scorbit this week.
[quoted image]

Hey @granpadave, I'm so excited that you've found that connection and visuals useful! This past weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival, we were fortunate to watch so many people have that "aha!" moment, unlock something, or send a challenge to another player. I think there is a lot going on and that's why we had a panel about connected pinball. Joining me on the panel was Ryan White from CGC, Joe Schoeber from American, Ken Cromwell from JJP and Scott Danesi from Danesi Designs! Here we are getting nerdy:

tpf_forum (resized).jpgtpf_forum (resized).jpg

So onto your questions. Also thanks MutterFudder for helping, as you mentioned, we were swamped all weekend!

People are installing both Stern IC and Scorbit on their machines.

HOWEVER: We have not released support for the latest code updates for their titles. Essentially we supported the first release on Insider Connected, but since December, Stern has released new updates that block Scorbit from working properly. We have reached out to Stern to see what we can do about that. Alternatively, if you use a pre-December, 2021 release of their code (with or without Stern Insider Connected), Scorbit functionality works fine.

The leaderboards, scoreboards, comboboards, slideshows and streamboards are all available for free via ScorbitVision, at https://sv.scorbit.io. We published an overview of the boards functionality on YouTube here:

Regarding American Pinball: We are working with them now on integrating our systems together, and they are very committed to making it work seamlessly and easy for their customers. We're trying to get as many titles as possible set up so that they don't require Scorbitrons, but stay tuned on that, as we have lots of work to do to see what the right approach is on each title. I don't have a timetable on on when that work will be complete yet, but we're enjoying the co-development and look forward to making this an easy process for everyone. They asked us to put their logo on the website to indicate their support and get this show on the road!

In a similar vein, we've been approached by all the other manufacturers (well, except Stern) about deep integrations and our Scorbit platform is working overtime in testing. We released our API specification for developers via our tools website, and we're starting to see all sorts of new applications and integrations hitting it.

Finally, from all of us at Scorbit: Thank you so much for your incredible support of open platforms. We're so grateful and keep the feedback coming!

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey GranpaDave, I'm so excited that you've found that connection and visuals useful! This past weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival, we were fortunate to watch so many people have that "aha!" moment, unlock something, or send a challenge to another player. I think there is a lot going on and that's why we had a panel about connected pinball. Joining me on the panel was Ryan White from CGC, Joe Schoeber from American, Ken Cromwell from JJP and Scott Danesi from Danesi Designs! Here we are getting nerdy:
[quoted image]
So onto your questions. Also thanks MutterFudder for helping, as you mentioned, we were swamped all weekend!
People are installing both Stern IC and Scorbit on their machines.
HOWEVER: We have not released support for the latest code updates for their titles. Essentially we supported the first release on Insider Connected, but since December, Stern has released new updates that block Scorbit from working properly. We have reached out to Stern to see what we can do about that. Alternatively, if you use a pre-December, 2021 release of their code (with or without Stern Insider Connected), Scorbit functionality works fine.
The leaderboards, scoreboards, comboboards, slideshows and streamboards are all available for free via ScorbitVision, at https://sv.scorbit.io. We published an overview of the boards functionality on YouTube here:
Regarding American Pinball: We are working with them now on integrating our systems together, and they are very committed to making it work seamlessly and easy for their customers. We're trying to get as many titles as possible set up so that they don't require Scorbitrons, but stay tuned on that, as we have lots of work to do to see what the right approach is on each title. I don't have a timetable on on when that work will be complete yet, but we're enjoying the co-development and look forward to making this an easy process for everyone. They asked us to put their logo on the website to indicate their support and get this show on the road!
In a similar vein, we've been approached by all the other manufacturers (well, except Stern) about deep integrations and our Scorbit platform is working overtime in testing. We released our API specification for developers via our tools website, and we're starting to see all sorts of new applications and integrations hitting it.
Finally, from all of us at Scorbit: Thank you so much for your incredible support of open platforms. We're so grateful and keep the feedback coming!

Great talking to you on email, Jay. Placing my order today and look forward to setting it all up next week. I wish you the best of luck working with the folks at Stern pinball. It would be so awesome for someone like me to scan in my QR code or use my app and have scores on both Stern insider connect and Scorbit…

Cheers!

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Placing my order today and look forward to setting it all up next week

I just wanted to chime in here. I just got back from TPF. I'm so exhausted. You all know how to party! First of all, I wanted to say thank you so much for the wonderful review of Scorbit. Also shout out to MutterFudder for the help while we were away.

As a big tournament player, the big thing I'm excited about is the tournament software integration. So right now we work with the production version of Karl DeAngelo's DTM software. We also work fully on the beta version of Matchplay. We are looking forward to when Andreas releases the beta out to the public. Thankfully it's a public beta so you can use it here already: https://next.matchplay.events/

Our API is also public so you can build your own integrations. MutterFudder and I have built a twitch bot where people can chat and put messages onto the DMD games while playing. It's pretty fun! Let me know if you need code samples and I can send them along.

Enjoy all your new Scorbitrons!

#547 2 years ago

jsa , it's really a shame that Stern blocked Scorbitron, although not entirely unexpected. They want customers to buy Insider Connect to migrate them toward their paid service.

I would be very surprised if they acknowledge the issue and release information on how to allow Scorbitron to work again.

I'll stick with the original non-IC code for my part

#548 2 years ago

Hi All- Does anyone know how to print a QR Code? My daughter does not have a phone, I created a login for her but thought it would be easier if I could print her a code to login? Any suggestions- thank you

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hi All- Does anyone know how to print a QR Code? My daughter does not have a phone, I created a login for her but thought it would be easier if I could print her a code to login? Any suggestions- thank you

Hey there @ktcoady12, thanks for the question.

QR codes in the world of Scorbit represent machines and player numbers (like Player 1), not people. However, if you go on the app to My Machines, select your machine you're wanting a code to use, you'll find a section that says Tools. Open that, you'll see an option to Print QR Code.

If you print that code, and place it on the machine, any time anyone has a phone and scans it, it will automatically install the app (if it doesn't exist), and if it does, take you to the login screen. If the app is logged in, it will auto-navigate to the machine. If a game is started, it will auto-claim the player slot.

We will release features in the future that allow you to delegate player slots to certain people (such as during a family party, etc), so stay tuned on that.

Let me know if this helps!

#550 2 years ago

jsa awesome thank you- my 8 year old daughter is obsessed with our JJP Wonka and wants to ear achievements in Scorbit- however she doesn't have a smart phone - thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hardware
Pinball Haven

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 876 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/11?hl=reaper802 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.