copy_link.jpg
scan_contacts_community.gif
notification_settings.gif
unfollow_mute.gif
follower_activity_short.gif
follower_notification.gif
adjust_auto_claim.gif
auto_claim_alerts.gif

There are 869 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.
#1 5 years ago

Hey all. We decided it probably would be best to start an official topic, since we’re getting a lot of questions about our platform. Feel free to ask, and we’ll answer what we can.

We’re at INDISC right now http://www.indisc.com/ integrating with the amazing folks here operating the tournament, installed in games and connected to our service. It’s been quite a journey! Anyway, our team has been busy at work developing a great product and service and we (Scorbit) wanted to share an update. We sent an e-mail out to the people who signed up for our mailing list on our website and we wanted to share that update with everyone here.

Scorbit is not a mod - It’s a platform.

We’ve created custom hardware, mobile applications, and a robust Internet service to glue it all together. While that may sound daunting, this is nothing new to us at Scorbit... We are technology veterans and successful entrepreneurs with a history of bringing new products and services to market. Our international team already includes over ten people and dozens of industry advisors bringing with them decades of expertise. We’re also pinball players, operators and most importantly enthusiasts, just like all of you, and do this with a passionate commitment to the community.

What is Scorbit?

At the highest level, Scorbit is connected pinball. Scorbit allows scores and other data to be real-time broadcasted to an Internet service from a pinball machine, ranging from solid state to DMD and modern era machines. You can imagine the many applications that emerge from doing that.

It all starts with the Scorbitron, a compact, powerful, fancy piece of hardware that took us years to develop, that is installed in the backbox of a machine. The Scorbitron takes it’s input data from several different potential sources and communicates that data over an Internet connection to the Scorbit platform (via an API) in the cloud. The Scorbitron can also act as a monitoring device, grabbing essential data for operators, eventually enabling remote software upgrades and other administrative functions to make managing and operating machines much easier.

IMG_0797 (resized).JPGIMG_0797 (resized).JPG

The Scorbitron is the brain and we've designed a way to easily connect it to all types of machines. Solid states, DMDs, modern games, all have different platforms and data sources, and all require some special thought. We designed custom hardware for these situations to ensure the Scorbitron works with many machines, not just one specific kind.

Players and operators use a mobile app, called Scorbit. For players, you’ll be able to use the app to log in and identify what player number in a game you are which allows your scores to be associated with your player profile on Scorbit. Once you “check in” to a machine, you can choose to keep your score on a permanent leaderboard for that machine, which has its own unique identifier. We have loads of other features that will be available in the future on the platform. That’s the beauty of this: We can expand functions fairly easily, and fully intend to offer both our own and third party integrations that make this more powerful for players and operators.

Operators of machines will have a special feature set within the Scorbit app, allowing remote management of the machine for specific purposes. Imagine being able to set happy hour pricing, getting alerts when things break, viewing dashboards for valuable data or being able to even remotely upgrade the software of a modern machine, all from your app.

Finally, all of this is an open platform, allowing venues, tournament operators, live streamers and others to create integrations and visualizations to suit their needs. We will publish our API specifications that will allow developers in the pinball community to create some awesome integrations and solutions.

When can I get one?

As we mentioned, we started this project several years ago, so it’s taken a long time to get to the point now where we’re officially in beta. It’s hard to keep a secret that long, believe me. We were prototyping and demoing this starting a couple years ago, and installed our device at INDISC in 2018. However, this is a complex project, with people working on it all around the world, with many moving parts, so despite our desire to share our excitement, we wanted to wait until we were this far along to talk about it. We’re working with select operators now in our early beta program to test our latest hardware in field conditions. You will likely see Scorbit in certain venues and being used in some tournaments. Then, this year, we will expand the beta program for the Scorbitron and take reservations in advance shipping our products. We will provide updates to all reservation holders, keeping them in the loop of the process and are aiming to see Scorbitrons installed in pinball machines as soon as we can. We know this community deserves real products, not vaporware, which is one of the reasons we've waited so long to share our story and why we will not be charging for orders until products are in hand and ready to ship.

How much will it cost?

I know, it’s the big question. We really can’t announce pricing now, as we’re still working out our manufacturing and production costs. Frankly, we also expect our pricing model to be influenced by the feedback we are getting from people like you (and this forum) during this early beta program. We want to make sure this product is affordable for operators and yet is set up in a way that covers the support for a real-time, high volume Internet service.

How do I get in on this early beta?

If you’re interested in participating in the early beta, we’ve set up an online survey that you can fill out here:

https://goo.gl/forms/VZ8dVp3Ba4MO9LzZ2

Understand, the beta has already begun, and we already have a lot of interest, so we’ll do our very best to accommodate who we can, when we can.

Stay tuned and we’ll keep you informed as we enter the next phase of the beta!

Thanks,

- Jay Adelson (@jsa), Ron Richards (@ronxo) & Brian O’Neill (@sfbrian)

#2 5 years ago

Live now at INDISC. You'll see it incorporated in the stream later.

#3 5 years ago

So excited for this. Been helping with some routing lately and would love to see how it can be added both at home or in a public tournament setting. Filled out the form and cant wait to hear more!

#4 5 years ago

Such an ambitious project!

Best of luck to your team!

#5 5 years ago

super excited about this, looking forwad to all the details and all the features.

#7 5 years ago

Perhaps, it's hard to know what their methodology is and how much is built out. Our patent/tech sounds like it may be a few years ahead but you never know.

Building a small device that is designed to work with everything was super difficult. I admire anyone taking this on.

Ultimately to us, it's refreshing to see this kind of thing. People have discussed and desired these concepts for years but as you can see it's harder than it sounds! We feel folks like this can take advantage of our platform as well, since we're Internet guys we built something that can support just about any data you want to throw at us, whether you use our hardware or not.

1 month later
#8 5 years ago

Scorbit will be at the Balls of Steel Pinball Lounge booth at TPF!

We'll be there to demo the platform and answer any questions.

Many thanks to Xerico and the TPF folks for making it possible. Come see the demo live!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

top_image.jpegtop_image.jpeg

Greetings and Happy Spring from Scorbit HQ in San Francisco! It’s hard to believe that three months have passed since we unveiled Scorbit at INDISC in January. We were thrilled to have received such an overwhelming and positive response from the pinball community! Our thanks to everyone who subscribed to stay current with us. Since January, we’ve been hard at work and are excited to share our progress.

TEXAS PINBALL FESTIVAL

If you’re planning on attending the Texas Pinball Festival, come by and see us there! You can see Scorbit in action on both a modern DMD as well as a solid state pinball machine in the B.O.S. Pinball Lounge booth. We’re also excited to be sponsoring several of the great tournaments going on there as well. There is nothing quite like the Texas Pinball Festival, so we jumped at the opportunity to exhibit and celebrate all the pinball fun that goes on at the show. If you will be there, don’t miss us in the BOS Pinball Lounge as we’ll be giving away some cool Scorbit Swag and have a contest for you to enter to win a Scorbitron!

UNVEILING THE NEW SCORBIT WEBSITE

As we’re ramping up things at Scorbit HQ, we decided it was time to roll out a proper website at https://scorbit.io, Visit the new site for everything Scorbit. Expect it to change frequently as we add additional news and information.

SCORBITRON UPDATE AND ORDER RESERVATIONS

Since we introduced you to the Scorbit platform back in January, we’ve been working on refining the service and hardware design as well as preparing for additional manufacturing. We’re testing the app, the back-end service and API, and fine-tuning the features. We’re still working out the details, specifically how much it will cost, as our beta program informs some additional features for the hardware. We will make the device affordable for Operators and Home Use pinball machine owners, so we’re working to make that happen. However, we got such a huge response to the Scorbitron... and many of you told us you wanted one as soon as possible, so we wanted to provide a way to make that happen! At the same time, we didn’t want to start taking pre-orders and take full advanced payment, as we know that has been a source of frustration with other pinball products. The last thing we want to do is not deliver on a promise to the pinball community! Finally, as we zero in on the pricing, it would be a mistake to put a number down too soon. Therefore, we think we came up with a solution that will help ensure that you early adopters can be among the first people to get a Scorbitron.

On the new Scorbit website, we’re excited to be opening up advanced reservations to purchase a Scorbitron. What this means is that you’ll be able to reserve your spot in line for purchase now! We’ll be asking for a small payment of $25.00 that will be applied to the final cost of your purchase and we will process the Scorbitron sales in the order the reservations are received.

Over the course of the next several months, we will formally announce pricing. Then, as we near shipping, we will give you advance warning that the final remaining charge is imminent. If at any time you decide you do not want to purchase a Scorbitron, we will refund your $25.00 in full. If you’d like to reserve your Scorbitron, head over to https://scorbit.io

We fully understand many of you will want to wait for the pricing announcement before reserving, and of course you're welcome to do so! Either way, we’re excited to get you on the platform.

BETA PROGRAM

In addition to the overwhelming response to the Scorbitron, we were inundated with interest in our beta program. We’re planning on expanding the beta program this Spring, so if you haven’t applied yet, head over to the Beta Application and fill out your entry.

We’ll be sending an update to the beta program applicants in the coming weeks so make sure you sign up today to be one of the first people to experience the Scorbit platform.

Thanks again to everyone for your interest in Scorbit and be sure to follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to be up to date on the latest news and announcements.

- The Scorbit Team

#10 4 years ago

I’m getting an internal server error when trying to make a purchase.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I’m getting an internal server error when trying to make a purchase.

SAME!

#12 4 years ago

Yep, we have a problem with Celery, we're fixing. Thanks again guys!

#13 4 years ago

Habermania ChrisPINk25 Order Reservations are working now - sorry for the hiccup - thanks for the interest in Scorbit!

#14 4 years ago

Order went through, thanks!

#15 4 years ago

9024C4F9-BBD8-482B-9C7F-B9A764C3297F (resized).jpeg9024C4F9-BBD8-482B-9C7F-B9A764C3297F (resized).jpeg

#16 4 years ago

TPF was so much fun, thanks to Xerico and everyone else who made this possible. Here's a few more photos from the event.

Our banner flies high!

IMG_5163.JPGIMG_5163.JPG

Trusty intern hard at work:

IMG_5168.JPGIMG_5168.JPG

ColorDMD showed up to install on Star Trek, so we give you our first double-topper:

IMG_5176.JPGIMG_5176.JPG

Flash Gordon is a super fun game, and even better with Scorbit.

IMG_5187.JPGIMG_5187.JPG

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

TPF was so much fun, thanks to xerico and everyone else who made this possible. Here's a few more photos from the event.
Our banner flies high!
[quoted image]
Trusty intern hard at work:
[quoted image]
ColorDMD showed up to install on Star Trek, so we give you our first double-topper:
[quoted image]
Flash Gordon is a super fun game, and even better with Scorbit.
[quoted image]

Excellent show Jay, Andy & Intern (forgot your name, sorry!)

Great meeting you in person, talking shop and looking in-depth at the product. Looking forward to more in the future for sure. Exciting times for all eras of pinball.

-- Jimmy

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

Excellent show Jay, Andy & Intern (forgot your name, sorry!)
Great meeting you in person, talking shop and looking in-depth at the product. Looking forward to more in the future for sure. Exciting times for all eras of pinball.
-- Jimmy

It was Ben (@frogo) who is our intern. He also happens to be my son, but he gets no special treatment.

@86Pixels we couldn't have done it without you! I can't wait to continue our conversations and integrations. This is going to be amazing!

3 months later
#20 4 years ago

that was a good read! would love to know how your getting high score data out of the eeprom games! hehe, guessing reading the ram or something.

#21 4 years ago

That's an excellent article. So many news outlets run pinball pieces with very little actual news, just the usual "it all started with bagatelle" boilerplate. This one jumps right into the meat. Very cool to read Jay & Ben's story, and how they hooked up with Ed Cheung, who's been in the hobby as long as I can remember. I hope Scorbit and Stern can work together on an API or something to tie everything together. It's a win-win.

#22 4 years ago

I have a project or two in mind that require data that would potentially be made available with this device like player and score. I'm also interested in drawing conclusions about the "game state". My plan was to use a webcam or two fed into machine learning algorithms to draw conclusions about the game state based on insert lighting and DMD contents.

Having direct access to this information through a sufficiently low latency API would be faster and more reliable so I'm very interested in the Scorbit. It sounds like the most common use cases involve sending data that isn't particularly urgent over the internet. Are there any plans to make very granular "game state" data available locally (looks like a USB connector in one of your photos) and with minimal latency?

#23 4 years ago

What is is that stern is doing, according to this article?

#24 4 years ago

I'll admit that I'm skeptical of the product idea in general. I just don't believe pinball is a great fit for this kind of tracking, even across just one machine's day to day lifespan things play so differently, but I'm pretty into the photos of that sweet looking Star Trek!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I hope Scorbit and Stern can work together on an API or something to tie everything together. It's a win-win.

Thanks! We're right there with you.

Quoted from mettle64:

I have a project or two in mind that require data that would potentially be made available with this device like player and score. I'm also interested in drawing conclusions about the "game state". My plan was to use a webcam or two fed into machine learning algorithms to draw conclusions about the game state based on insert lighting and DMD contents.
Having direct access to this information through a sufficiently low latency API would be faster and more reliable so I'm very interested in the Scorbit. It sounds like the most common use cases involve sending data that isn't particularly urgent over the internet. Are there any plans to make very granular "game state" data available locally (looks like a USB connector in one of your photos) and with minimal latency?

The simplest way to answer that is yes, as the Scorbitron is designed to know the game state itself before passing the the API. Our probe architecture is set up so that we could create a number of ways to get that information to you locally. We could either get the data to you serially, or develop a probe that can give you state-based triggers... but we would need to know more about what you want to do.

Quoted from Kobaja:

What is is that stern is doing, according to this article?

I'm not sure it says, but Stern has been public about future machines having some connectivity. I find it's not useful for me to speculate on what they plan on doing. I'm just not a fan of walled gardens, as they say.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'll admit that I'm skeptical of the product idea in general. I just don't believe pinball is a great fit for this kind of tracking, even across just one machine's day to day lifespan things play so differently, but I'm pretty into the photos of that sweet looking Star Trek!

Fair enough. Though I will say that operators managing many machines in public venues might want to know what's up because of those lifespan issues, so it depends on the audience, I guess.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Fair enough. Though I will say that operators managing many machines in public venues might want to know what's up because of those lifespan issues, so it depends on the audience, I guess.

(If you missed the joke that's an alternate translite I designed on that Star Trek.)

I'm open to being convinced, so color me skeptical but certainly not looking to crap on people's hard work.

It's just that pinball is a physical game, with everything the comes with it. That's the joy and sorrow right?

So let's take the best case scenario, which is a machine on location, running an asynchronous virtual tournament. I play one week, you play another week, we use the app to log in and log our scores. I think that's one thing this will do right?

That's interesting, it's a tech spin on the "selfie league" idea, right? Stop me if I'm off on anything.

But it's just hard to take it too seriously, because of the nature of how pinball works. Even if the pitch doesn't change, and the software settings are fixed, presumably the op is taking care of their games. We all know how differently a freshly waxed game plays vs one that's a little overdue for a shop. Ball just whips around differently.

Carry that out to the 'worst' case scenario, my game at my house with the hardware, vs your game at your house with the hardware. I don't know what you're able to measure. Is there something to check the pitch? Different pitch alone radically changes how a game plays. I can't believe you'd be able to verify software settings are exactly the same across multiple machine architectures, but maybe I'm wrong? Like, easy example, I have a Metallica, is it set so that pick lights carry over from ball to ball or reset? Are you able to look at that?

Even if you can check pitch, check settings, it means that we have to standardize somehow. Like agree that to compete we're doing strict 6.5°, and I gotta turn off all the custom changes I made to my software settings to enjoy the game. It just feels like a ball of yarn that's almost impossible tangled.

But you've all thought this through already I'm sure, so if I'm missing something or not representing things right please correct me.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But you've all thought this through already I'm sure, so if I'm missing something or not representing things right please correct me.

I wouldn't say that you've missed anything! I think we're with you on head-to-head or even some kinds of virtual tournaments for hard core players. That's not our focus. We're more interested in things more like achievements or casual group/social elements than hard-core virtual numbers, which of course can't be exactly the same on games that change at all times. You could argue the same is true at a tournament, as the game is played more the last person to play plays a different game than the first.

That being said, real-time scoring and game data has lots of other value (not just to tournaments, which alone I think is pretty fun). The key is to prioritize the ones that get people the most excited. This all depends on the type of player, and there are many different types.

...and I love the translite, by the way.

#28 4 years ago

I'd love to hear from operators. I can see dashboard being very useful, mobile alerts, online book keeping and last location. On the other hand, even if these come in at the very low end of $200, will an operator order 10, 20....etc. Is there an Operator ROI within 12 months?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But it's just hard to take it too seriously, because of the nature of how pinball works. Even if the pitch doesn't change, and the software settings are fixed, presumably the op is taking care of their games. We all know how differently a freshly waxed game plays vs one that's a little overdue for a shop. Ball just whips around differently.

Absolute comparing of scores across machines is not precise like you've said... but it's also one of the more boring and uninspired applications of the technology too.

Just some other ideas that are more interesting...
- Tournament monitoring of game states (Imagine if multiple ball searches automatically sent an alert to a tech on the floor?)
- Tournament score reporting integrations
- Imagine if you combined identification with score reporting... You could even build systems that incorporated 'buying entries' as part of the workflow
- A million and one potentials for operator auditing and dumping into elastic search datastores to monitor everything from time of day activity, to service issues, to play tracking, etc. No longer are you bound by just what stern had considered as audits and only what the game itself knows
- What if you incorporated new external data like league or player signins, etc

Personally I think the bigger issue is justifying investment on a perm basis rather than "let me buy 2-3 I'll install and move as I see fit". Concepts like IoT rely on small dirt cheap sensors and intelligence everywhere.. When I hear "modular" "custom hardware" etc.. that doesn't sound like the same theory to me.

#30 4 years ago

Great ideas all, keep them coming.

Quoted from flynnibus:

- Imagine if you combined identification with score reporting... You could even build systems that incorporated 'buying entries' as part of the workflow

Just to be clear, we do combine identification with reporting, for various purposes as you suggest. It's not all about scores!

#31 4 years ago

the value proposition for private owners i find rather weak as well. I'm into actually into another gadget and also into the idea of cennectivity, but simple score comparison...? I dont care to compare myself. I dont care how others play. I know my own game and know to value that, regardless of others...

As a private owner I might be interested in specific drain characteristics and KPIs... How does my machine compare to others in the drain ratios between the various drain possibibilities... does this maybe mean my machine is not set up correctly. That type od stuff...

#32 4 years ago

If this tool could automate the scorekeeper function for competitive tournaments and integrate with DTM then I would be sold. Imagine a world without scorekeepers for tournaments the player would validate the score themselves on a tablet or something and TD would only intervene if the score was wrong.

#33 4 years ago

Definitely think this is aimed at local tournaments / operators or at least that's where I see it being most popular/useful with the online scores for just a bit of fun / gimmick.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

the value proposition for private owners i find rather weak as well. I'm into actually into another gadget and also into the idea of cennectivity, but simple score comparison...? I dont care to compare myself. I dont care how others play. I know my own game and know to value that, regardless of others...
As a private owner I might be interested in specific drain characteristics and KPIs... How does my machine compare to others in the drain ratios between the various drain possibibilities... does this maybe mean my machine is not set up correctly. That type od stuff...

As we said, score comparison isn't really what this is about...that's just an example. I do compete against friends, but that's one simple use case. The features and value proposition for home users will be more obvious as we show the use cases. Stay tuned on for that.

Quoted from pins4life33:

If this tool could automate the scorekeeper function for competitive tournaments and integrate with DTM then I would be sold. Imagine a world without scorekeepers for tournaments the player would validate the score themselves on a tablet or something and TD would only intervene if the score was wrong.

We've already integrated fully with DTM and automate the scorekeeper functions, as we demonstrated at INDISC 2019, with many improvements to come.

Quoted from russdx:

Definitely think this is aimed at local tournaments / operators or at least that's where I see it being most popular/useful with the online scores for just a bit of fun / gimmick.

We shall see! Stay tuned.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

As we said, score comparison isn't really what this is about...that's just an example. I do compete against friends, but that's one simple use case. The features and value proposition for home users will be more obvious as we show the use cases. Stay tuned on for that.

We've already integrated fully with DTM and automate the scorekeeper functions, as we demonstrated at INDISC 2019, with many improvements to come.

We shall see! Stay tuned.

Possibilities are endless really, just depends on how creative you are

#36 4 years ago

Good luck. Just read the article in fast Company. I look forward to seeing what all happens.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

the value proposition for private owners i find rather weak as well.

People buy $500 toppers.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

People buy $500 toppers.

And EUR 100 Action Buttons.

#39 4 years ago

Not sure I see the value (at least for private owners), but interested to see where this goes.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

And EUR 100 Action Buttons.

did any one actually buy one lol?

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

did any one actually buy one lol?

I usually try to only mock myself publicly and not others. So - yes. I did, and would again, considering what I got. Anyway that's off topic. If you are interested, please contact me on PM

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I usually try to only mock myself publicly and not others. So - yes. I did, and would again, considering what I got. Anyway that's off topic. If you are interested, please contact me on PM

I can 100% appreciate they prob cost a bit to manufacture in small quantities and are of great quality. But I just don't need a 100 euro button hehe plastic one works fine (I'm not a high end collector, where i think it would get most sales?)

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from scorbit:

able to set happy hour pricing

I tried the other Bluetooth pay device, while neat it could be pretty glitchy. Always assumed it was the other 2.4 ghz networks in the center, there were at least 20 wifi networks on that frequency in range. I did the happy hour stuff to, took a lot of time to set up every time. Asked several times if they could group the machines (via software), but never received resolution.

#44 4 years ago

Scorbit does not rely on direct communication between the phone and the embedded device within the venue. The device talks to the cloud and your phone talks to the cloud. It is true, however, that we have to be good at the device’s connectivity, which is why it helps we are experts in that field.

This is not to disparage any other device such as a Bluetooth-based service. In fact, we are compatible with them and can operate at the same time.

#45 4 years ago

For those that don’t know @jsa he actually does know a thing or two about the both Internet, and Internet based services. When he says he’s an expert in that field he’s not bragging in the least.

All the novel work is in the integration with the various pinball platforms.

I’m looking forward to seeing Scorbit’s evolution. . Both in terms of the integration; as well as use cases.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit does not rely on direct communication between the phone and the embedded device within the venue. The device talks to the cloud and your phone talks to the cloud.

Awesome.
Bluetooth is great in some regards, but definitely has it's limitations. Be curious to see how things develop.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Awesome.
Bluetooth is great in some regards, but definitely has it's limitations. Be curious to see how things develop.

Agreed. We may end up using BTLE to streamline onboarding further, to be determined. It’s great for things like that or proximity ranking, etc.

3 weeks later
#48 4 years ago

Hello fellow pinball enthusiast! We hope you’re having a great summer, playing lots of pinball and keeping cool.

We’d like to THANK YOU for your interest in Scorbit and for believing in us so much that reserved your order so that you’ll be one of the first people to get a Scorbitron to install in your pinball machines. We’re still hard at work on refining the Scorbitron and testing it so that when we move to manufacturing, we can ensure your Scorbitron will work flawlessly.

We wanted to thank you for your patience by providing an update to our progress here at Scorbit HQ. We put together a short video with some updates from two of our co-founders, Jay Adelson and Brian O’Neill that will give you a first hand look at what we’ve been working on:

SCORBITRON UPDATE

Since our last update, our main focus for the Scorbitron has been on field testing the hardware. After having Scorbitrons installed at the San Francisco City Champ and INDISC tournaments, we demoed units at Texas Pinball Festival and the Golden State Pinball Festival. Since those events, we’ve installed several Scorbitrons into pinball machines at FREE GOLD WATCH in San Francisco. It’s been immensely beneficial for us to see real players using Scorbit on real pinball machines on location. We’re working out the bugs as people play solid state games like Eight Ball Deluxe or DMD games like Fish Tales and even modern games like Batman ‘66... It’s so amazing to see the results as scores seamlessly get saved from the machine to users’ accounts in the Scorbit app!

We also recently demoed how Scorbit and the scoreboard worked on Mystery Pinball Theater 3000, livestreamed from our favorite local arcade, FREE GOLD WATCH in San Francisco. In this livestream you can see an Indiana Jones pinball machine with a Scorbitron installed and working like a charm.

(and watch more of Manu’s streams - he’s the best!)

SO...WHEN WILL THIS BE AVAILABLE?

We’re sure after reading this, you’re probably thinking “This all sounds great...when will I be able to order my Scorbitron?!” We’re as excited as you and many others in the pinball community are. Our next immediate steps are:

- Finalize the Scorbitron hardware design and begin manufacturing.
- Move the Scorbit app from Alpha development to Beta release.

As for when, we’re still on schedule. While we’d love to give you a firm date for both, as of today the answer is still “soon!” As we’ve stated in previous updates, we want to get this right and make sure that everything works smoothly so that when pinballers get their hands on it, everything works as it’s supposed to. We’ve had such great feedback from all sides; from pinball players who are excited to use the app to pinball machine manufacturers who want to work with us to make sure Scorbit works with their machines. In fact, a lot of the responses we’ve gotten have led to some awesome collaborations that we’re working on now and will be able to share with you soon! Stay tuned and by placing a reservation to order a Scorbitron, you’re already on the inside track!

If you’re interested in what else is going on with Scorbit, here’s some other notable news:

SCORBIT APP UPDATE

In addition to our hardware team working on the Scorbitron, our software team has been making great progress on the Scorbit app and software platform. While it’s still in alpha development, we’re happy to report that users will be able to save their scores automatically when playing on a pinball machine with a Scorbitron installed. It’s really magical when you see it. We’ve also added the ability for players to save their scores manually, for when you’re playing pinball on a machine without a Scorbitron. Finally, we’ve also begun building out the Operator functions within the app, so that pinball machine operators will be able to manage their machines on location.

If you were at Texas Pinball Festival or the Golden State Pinball Festival, you may have seen Scorbit in action. We’ve been evolving our scoreboard view software, so that live pinball scores can be displayed externally, a perfect solution for livestreams. This software is intended just for these types of demonstrations, so we’re changing it constantly.

SCORBIT IN FAST COMPANY

We wanted to share with you a great article that ran recently in FastCompany that talked about the future of connected pinball and we were honored to be featured alongside the great team at Stern Pinball. Give it a read >

https://www.fastcompany.com/90369134/inside-the-race-to-finally-bring-pinball-into-the-internet-era

SCORBIT x IFPA

We’re thrilled to announce that we’re joining the IFPA as a Platinum Level sponsor! Even before we launched Scorbit, we were pinball players who loved playing in IFPA tournaments. As we set out to build the Scorbit platform, we knew first hand that so much of the growth of pinball recently was due to the efforts of the IFPA and promoting competitive pinball and anything we did would need to also benefit tournaments and tournament players. A great first step is helping to sponsor the IFPA, working with them to help tournaments become more efficient and explore potential new ways of supporting competitive pinball.

Josh Sharpe, IFPA President had this to say about our sponsorship, "Time and time again people are putting their real-world technical expertise on display to help advance competitive pinball forward. The team at Scorbit is doing exactly this! The IFPA is super excited to partner with Scorbit on using their technology to help provide a valuable tool for organizers to add to the quality of their events." Thanks Josh! We’re pretty excited too and we’ve got so many great ideas and can’t wait to share more with everyone in the upcoming months!

STAY IN TOUCH

As you can see, we’ve been very busy and working super hard to keep Scorbit moving forward so that when you get access, it’ll make playing pinball even more fun. Or, if you’re an operator, even easier to manage your pinball machines. In the meantime, there’s a few things you can do to stay on the inside track with Scorbit by following us on social media on
Twitter,
Facebook,
Instagram,
Medium, and now
YouTube!

We’re gearing up for the biggest pinball tournament in the world, Pinburgh! All three of the Scorbit founders: Brian O’Neill, Jay Adelson and Ron Richards will be there and playing in the tournament. If you see us, come say hi!

Thanks to everyone who’s been interested in Scorbit and for all the kind words. If you have any questions, you can always email us at [email protected]. Until our next update, have fun playing pinball!

- The Scorbit Team
Ron Richards, Brian O’Neill and Jay Adelson

2 months later
#49 4 years ago

Greeetings all from Pinball Expo 2019 in Chicago!

We've got a fun setup here with four games, Centaur, Theatre of Magic, Star Trek and Batman. It's interesting seeing all these eras of pinball machines, side by side, updating scores wirelessly, in real-time.

Come check out our booth outside the vendor hall, you can't miss us! We're happy to answer any questions about the platform and the Scorbitron!

Best of all, highest score every day using our (beta) Scorbit app while playing wins a Scorbit t-shirt!

IMG_7274 (resized).JPGIMG_7274 (resized).JPG

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Greeetings all from Pinball Expo 2019 in Chicago!
We've got a fun setup here with four games, Centaur, Theatre of Magic, Star Trek and Batman. It's interesting seeing all these eras of pinball machines, side by side, updating scores wirelessly, in real-time.
Come check out our booth outside the vendor hall, you can't miss us! We're happy to answer any questions about the platform and the Scorbitron!
Best of all, highest score every day using our (beta) Scorbit app while playing wins a Scorbit t-shirt!
[quoted image]

C'mon Mr.DIGG, you got a video or Twitch stream going? I want to see these in action.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
There are 869 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.