9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by jellikit
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

daleks pissed (resized).jpg

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Strange , as I was thinking this as well.

I think a lot of people are....

#52 9 months ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

It's an interesting theory and I suppose anything is theoretically possible. For now I will group it in with the existence of Bigfoot, the Loch ness monster, the Virgin Mary appearing on a half eaten toast and now Stern buying CGC.

Anyone remember when Bendix attempted to take over Martin-Marietta? That backfired as the smaller company Martin-Marietta launched a hostile takeover of Bendix. They were winning the battle until a white knight was found in Allied Chemical. Maybe Jersey Jack will take over Churchill and Stern. That would be more like the existence of the Loch Ness Monster (Or, Ogopogo for those of you in BC near Lake Okanagan).

Look back at the history of Lenc-Smith (which mostly survives under the Churchill & Chicago Gaming names) The surviving partner, Woody Smith, became a member of the BoD of Bally Manufacturing Corporation (totally by coincidence I'm sure) a few months before Bally acquired Lenc-Smith. Woody remained in charge as president of Lenc-Smith but was more like a General Manager until his retirement.

Filler/Trivia: After Woody retired, his son Bob became the GM of the renamed Bally L-S division. Unfortunately, he got a building CONtractor who did business with Bally to remodel his home as well as his mother's but CONveniently billed the work to Bally as work done at a Bally owned building. That's a felony by the way.

One other bit of trivia, The corporate entity Lenc-Smith Inc. is still a Bally and now Scientific Games corporate holding. Based in Las Vegas, it no longer is associated with the location in Cicero.

#53 9 months ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Stern appears to not be in a better financial position compared to CGC as evidenced by them needed investors with bailout money.

That was nearly a decade ago. None of us know how stern is doing currently but they sure make and ship a bunch of games. I assume they are doing just fine.

#54 9 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That was nearly a decade ago. None of us know how stern is doing currently but they sure make and ship a bunch of games. I assume they are doing just fine.

You don’t double the size of your factory, move everything and hire a bunch of new staff if things aren’t going well.

#55 9 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Anyone remember when Bendix attempted to take over Martin-Marietta? That backfired as the smaller company Martin-Marietta launched a hostile takeover of Bendix. They were winning the battle until a white knight was found in Allied Chemical. Maybe Jersey Jack will take over Churchill and Stern. That would be more like the existence of the Loch Ness Monster (Or, Ogopogo for those of you in BC near Lake Okanagan).
    Look back at the history of Lenc-Smith (which mostly survives under the Churchill & Chicago Gaming names) The surviving partner, Woody Smith, became a member of the BoD of Bally Manufacturing Corporation (totally by coincidence I'm sure) a few months before Bally acquired Lenc-Smith. Woody remained in charge as president of Lenc-Smith but was more like a General Manager until his retirement.
    Filler/Trivia: After Woody retired, his son Bob became the GM of the renamed Bally L-S division. Unfortunately, he got a building CONtractor who did business with Bally to remodel his home as well as his mother's but CONveniently billed the work to Bally as work done at a Bally owned building. That's a felony by the way.
    One other bit of trivia, The corporate entity Lenc-Smith Inc. is still a Bally and now Scientific Games corporate holding. Based in Las Vegas, it no longer is associated with the location in Cicero.

Remember the tour of Lenc Smith?? That was fun. Video game and pinball cabinets made and screened, as well as playfields.

#56 9 months ago

Never went during Expo. Went in '80 or '81 when a friend at Bally arranged a tour of the new Bensenville plant for me.

#57 9 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Never went during Expo. Went in '80 or '81 when a friend at Bally arranged a tour of the new Bensenville plant for me.

Nice, and in the hayday!!!

#58 9 months ago

Good luck to Doug, CGC and Stern.

#59 9 months ago

In the past few years, Stern has hired Doug Skor, Zach Sharpe, Keith Elwin, Mike Vinikour, Brian Eddy, Erik Gilly, Tim Sexton, Rick Naegele, Brett Rubin, and more. I am sorry for those I can't remember, but I would think Stern Pinball is doing okay these days and also have a new manufacturing facility.

Brad

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 299.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 92.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside