(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,641 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Danzig
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#161 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I was in Wisconsin this weekend for the winter 3x at d82. Decided to take a 2 hour detour on my way back to the Milwaukee airport and get a few games in on scooby at I/O Arcade. All I can say for my review is that the game does exist and looks great in person.
[quoted image]

Welp this is the “ruh row” thread.

#269 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

On location @ North End Pub in Lafayette, IN. Needs some dialing in which I will try to get to tomorrow but it seems playable at the moment.
[quoted image]

JFC, props to whichever employee drew the AEW logo in chalk!

2 weeks later
#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

I watched this yesterday when a friend sent it to me. I think it looks pretty darn good. Ball got stuck a couple times by the drop targets, but Spooky was in the live chat and reiterated that they'll be updating the code in a way that will eliminate 99% of that problem.
I think the gameplay looked amazing and fun. I do wonder if Spooky will have to code a time limit in the upper playfield. Especially if they want this game to be in tournaments. Looks like you can keep the ball up there almost forever if you want to

They could go about it a few ways. They could have the bookcase flipper disabled at certain times, they could just devalue all upper PF points when it's not necessary (probably the best/easiest solution), or they could have a timer. But if you did the timer idea, getting back up there is just one flip away.

#1676 1 year ago

One thing I keep overlooking is how good the topper looks and that it DOESN'T get stuck in Redundant Logo Marketing Hell like some Sterns have.

Games like TMNT, JP...etc. have those logo toppers, then with the logo on the BG, then the logo on the speaker panel tag, then on the PF, then on the apron, then on the cabinet... as if you forgot what game it was while your eyes scrolled 2".

The topper for SD looks great because it complements the BG, not duplicating it.

Wonder what topper this is (resized).jpgWonder what topper this is (resized).jpg
Is this tmnt (resized).jpgIs this tmnt (resized).jpg

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I remember hearing someone at Stern saying the licensor required the logo on the TMNT topper, which is why the logo part of the topper is very easily removed by the user (if they so choose)

That's true, but the TMNT logo is still plastered everywhere, mostly centered on all items including the topper. Again, it's Redundant Logo Marketing Hell from the licensor who has no idea a pinball machine is a cohesive assembly, not a collection of 9 separate items - each requiring their own standalone branding.

Jurassic Park fell into the same trap, as did AIQ, DP, and LZ. Somehow SW at least skirted it with their art project R2D2 topper. Mando as well.

But SD's topper is totally unique and its' background sort of expands the backglass art similar to great toppers from the 90s (TAF, WH2O, WW...etc.). That's why I love it.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The photo in question is not from Louisville but our location game.

And is that a missing rivet from the ramp flap?

C8D41081-1562-481A-A62A-FA120D52B093 (resized).jpegC8D41081-1562-481A-A62A-FA120D52B093 (resized).jpeg

#2185 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question... I'm order 500 and something, and just wondering roughly where the orders are right now?
Also, for those who have received their CEs, how are you finding the game?
I have a FF LE and PF LE on order as well, and I'm starting to feel like I might let one thing go.
If you were waiting on these 3 titles, and decided to give up one of them, would it be Scooby?

Personally, I'd downgrade each title to their base model and save myself $10K while still getting 3 NIB's. I'd rather have FF Pro, PF SE, and SD SE than have 2 of the 3 in a higher tier model, but that's just me.

2 weeks later
#3201 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Thinking about releasing a new wearable lighting mod. Ties into your brain synapses. SkullStadiums are the ultimate portable lighting solution that go everywhere you do. Wear em in the shower, eating breakfast, driving to work, work, lunch, work, home, dinner and bedtime. Recommend wearing 100% of time while playing pinball.
[quoted image]

This can only work if you create a ton of crazy trailer videos using lots of futuristic buzz words and never answer anyone's technical questions as to what it does.

5 months later
#7526 7 months ago

Have to admit, I checked out of this thread for a while. I was following this everyday but then became a bit jaded with all the major/minor QC issues, code issues, what seemed to be too much upper PF usage...etc. Started to question whether I should take a hit on my deposit and just move on.

Still having not played it, I went down to Pintastic over the weekend to see if I could play one. I actually got to play two! I have to admit, though I was half-looking for a reason to bail, I F'ing loved the game! Tied for my favorite game I played that night (and the other one was stupid rare and I'll probably never see again).

I'm back in baby! Get this code done, iron out some of the build issues, and ship SE #1920 up to NH!!!

(...and if it hasn't been considered/implemented yet, consider disabling the bookcase flipper at times so you can't live in the upper PF forever.)

3 months later
#9452 3 months ago

Question - Since some CE owners obviously don't need 2 toppers and will be selling off the OG one if they buy this enhanced one, does the OG topper work with the BSE/SE editions? Those are the only viable people who'd buy the OG topper off a CE owner.

#9693 3 months ago

Can anyone point to anything in the feature matrix or the trim cards at launch that explicitly states the CE comes with the castle wall and the SE doesn’t???

pinside.f2d98e4ad61f469ed27ec4798dd8cb25721d26d9 (resized).pngpinside.f2d98e4ad61f469ed27ec4798dd8cb25721d26d9 (resized).png
IMG_6764 (resized).pngIMG_6764 (resized).png

#9700 3 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I don't even think Spooky made that feature matrix. In any case, on their store page, the standard edition states that it does not come with ANY sculpts.[quoted image]

By that logic, the Captain, the Barrel, and the Van should all be missing or flat plastics too.

Fact of the matter is that “sculpts” by name were called out for 6 items (the 3 on the upper PF shots, the 2 mine carts, and Charlie), and those items are expected to be omitted from the SE BoM. Never, not once, is there any mention that the largest decorative item in the game will be missing from the SE.

#9714 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The sculpts on the field are part of mechs, hence they remained. The sculpts removed are all the pure cosmetic ones.
I know early on they had stated that Cutler and the Van were gonna be in all versions, but nothing else was ever stated. If anything them keeping the barrel pop up is surprising, but they did say no sculpts.

Don't buy it one F'ing bit.

There were specific "sculpts" (by name) designated just for the CE. By saying that now some are mech-specific is moving the goal posts after the fact. The CE says what it has over the BSE/SE. There's zero mention that there's a differentiation in the castle walls, and I defy anyone to find any post from Spooky that contradicts this. To many buyers "sculpts" were the things listed as "sculpts" in the feature matrix and trim cards. You then can't go to the remainder of items on the PF and just remove 1 of 4 (which happens to be the main focal point of the entire PF) and say it was implied. That's a complete bait and switch.

Also, they replaced it with a flat plastic, and omitted the gate that hides the exposed flipper coil bracket underneath.

Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Hey SpookyLuke or SpookyBug , I haven’t seen an answer anywhere that I can find soooo, do the non-CE versions have anything in place of the sculpts? All I’ve been able to find since the announcement is that the CE will have sculpts and the non-CE versions will have “no sculpts”. Is this a stern-style downgrade where we’ll get flat plastics with graphics where the sculpts were, or simply just “no sculpts”? Since there are no pics of the non-CE versions available it would be nice to have this clarified. Please and thank you.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The ones that are removed won't have a plastic in place of them sadly.

But in this case there IS a plastic in its place. This sounds like an after-the-fact decision, or something they were specifically vague about so they could make decisions after they learned how many orders they had. Either way, I think this is a complete BS move from Spooky and would love to hear their take on this.

Again, 6 things called "sculpts" were called out as CE exclusives, the castle wall w/ figure was NOT one of them but it's the largest custom item in the game.

#9718 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

All of this could have been very clearly set out at the beginning, when Scooby first went on sale with very clear pictures of the cabinet, backbox, and full playfields of the CE vs BSE vs SE of Scooby.
Not doing that was a significant customer service error on Spooky's part.
Should have been absolutely clear what everyone was getting in each variant.
RM

Yup!

Instead we got zero pics of the BSE/SE PF and had to rely on the information present at the time, which made no mention of this, but does bullet point each and every other difference. We put down a deposit in good faith that what were listed as the differences would be the only differences.

Matter of fact, the Apron Mod doesn't say it's for one model only. "...same style as the creepy castle walls already in the game..."

Doesn't say CE exclusive (resized).pngDoesn't say CE exclusive (resized).png
Doesn't say CE exclusive, pt 2 (resized).pngDoesn't say CE exclusive, pt 2 (resized).png

#9726 3 months ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Did you contacted Spooky directly to express your concerns and see if it can be worked out to your liking and they told you to F off… or is bringing out your pitchfork on a public forum your starting point?

Starting point since this all just came to light last night after they're off for the weekend. TAnd since Spooky employees are very active in this thread, they may see this before Monday work hours.

Public forums don't have to be all kumbaya grabass. The new topper discussion was certainly warranted to get people's opinions, good and bad. If a MFG is perceived as baiting and switching, it's fair game to discuss, especially when there are visuals to help back up a point. They're able to respond to the claims. Still no one has cited anything in writing saying the CE gets the castle wall exclusively. I've presented 4 examples which suggest the BSE/SE would include them.

#9745 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You realize if that wall was not there, the ball would fall off the playfield? They didn't just swap out for a plastic, that's a ball guide to keep the ball up there and to cause it to drain to the left to feed the wireframe back to the flipper.
There previous SEs were completely sculpt free as well, so for this to even have the three that are in is surprising. But as has been said, they really should have full PF pics for their different models available ahead of time. The confusion here seems to be the feature matrix graphic was not clear

I agree with a fair amount of what you're saying. People are forgetting that we're bought the BSE/SE blind. We asked for pics (even a 3D render) and got nothing. Instead we got a pic of a CE, and a list of what the CE has as extras over other models. Deductive reasoning then says that if you remove JUST those features, you get to the other models. Heck, my distro sent out those trim cards when it almost time to reserve. To think those are in actuality "partial" lists of things that would be removed is misleading at best.

But there's also a bunch of Spooky brown nose apologists in here, so let's reiterate to these people who are saying "the website says no SE sculpts". Maybe someone doesn't know what that means so they consult the feature matrix which specifically calls out 6 items as "sculpts" just for the CE. So to envision the CE minus those 6 "sculpts" would be logical. Anything else removed would not be expected since it wasn't mentioned.

Spooky also touted that this would have I think 16 sculpts under the glass prior to release. Then release came with the limited info we got, 6 items highlighted. So the number on the SE should be 6 less (what SE buyers were led to believe), or 0 (which some people here think it reads literally, and we should be thankful we even got 1... though no one would've ordered SE if that was the actual case). But Spooky admitted that some items were included, so we know it wasn't 0... but we never were told the castle was gimped. The gray area and the lack of clarity is why many of us aren't happy right now. To then have Back Alley suggest the apron mod matches all models adds to it. All indications were the 6 items which were labelled as "sculpts" were impacted, nothing more.

#9752 3 months ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Thanks for clarifying. You were coming across like you thought Spooky was bait & switch pieces of sh*t… when you’re really just looking to troll Spooky brown nose apologists, like a piece of sh*t. Sorry for the confusion. Troll on.

It’s not trolling when you have a legit gripe. However, you being a brown nose apologist, carry on.

2 months later
#11463 20 days ago

So what's the typical time delta between paying in full and expecting delivery?

2 weeks later
#11593 4 days ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

#1908 Standard Edition shipping today or tomorrow! Yippee!

Hot damn! That means #1920 is getting close.

#11615 3 days ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

I see people talking about games in the 1900's either shipped or should be shipping soon. Does that mean that Scooby has officially sold out the run and more production will be moving to LT?

Only Spooky can let us know if the entire run has sold out and it's within their right to withhold the production numbers if they so choose. Obviously if all owners were known, one could complete that owners spreadsheet in this thread, but I think it's safe to assume that most, but not all were sold.

CE's were first, then BSE's, and then SE's. However, since BSE and SE's were allotted specific S/N batches on Day 1 and final totals of each model were based on orders that came in after the fact, there's nothing preventing them from more runs of a given trim and filling in some of the S/N's not yet assigned, whether for new orders or for dealer inventory. I'd predict SD production is certainly close to the end, but not over for at least another month.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 14.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.