(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Played Scooby last night with a friend, so played and got to watch so I could pay attention to things. Just my quick thoughts:
My honest take is it's clunky but charming. Things I enjoyed:
The art is great. Really captures the Scooby vibe. The LCD stuff is mostly pretty good, I don't love the typography choices, but I'm admittedly pickier than most. Instruction text was clear though. Cartoons make for good clip content (mostly, see below).
Sculpts and powder coated wireforms all look great.
The bookcase flipper is really unique. That's no small thing, not often you get an actual original flipper in pinball, hats off to the team for the whole idea. It's super on-theme, the way you use it to capture a ball shot to the upper playfield is clever, and learning how to use it without flinging the ball, or, learning to fling the ball on purpose was fun.
Modes and objectives seemed pretty clear, wasn't hard to figure out what to do. Though I got the Captain Cutler multiball but I wasn't entirely sure why. Like, clearly I was bashing him to get it, but the various lights on him and the targets and lanes around him were confusing, I couldn't tell if I was supposed to move my shots around, if I got it because I just hit him enough times, or what.
I thought it was fun enough, even with my complaints below. If you're a Scooby fan it felt very on theme.
Things I didn't love:
The drop banks on the left are awkward and don't feel particularly useful or enjoyable. I love drop targets, but they don't seem interesting to shoot, and mostly just seemed to get in the way of the ball in sort of dribbly ways.
I'm just not a big upper playfield fan, in general, and this one is kinda dominant. The bookcase flipper is awesome, and makes it more interesting, but it still has the fundamental problem with that kind of upper playfield, which is that the physics of the ball in a small area (it's big, but not that big) just aren't super fun, and they are by their very nature safe, since your only penalty is to go back down to the lower.
With the big upper playfield and the Mystery Mobile and lock behind it you basically cannot see the entire back of the game. So you spend a lot of time shooting up into lanes, the ball vanishes, and then you wait to see what happens. Sometimes it come back out right away, sometimes it doesn't, and it was never really clear if it was being held on purpose or stuck or slow or what. There's just no visual feedback of the ball path, and I didn't enjoy that.
The game felt very stop and go. As I said it wasn't clear sometimes if it was even meant to stop. I'm still not sure why the ball took longer to come back some shots. The clips to start a mode look nice, but are very long, I wish they were edited to be more punchy. There's just a lot of time spent waiting, and the rhythm of it felt slow.
Overall the game felt very easy. The middle flipper drop target save seemed up a lot. It's clear once you learn it a bit more that ball times will be long. That's good or bad depending on your taste. I think for the theme it's cool that it's more kid friendly.
Overall I thought it was fun and pretty, but also clunky, and not overly interesting to shoot. A lot of basic fan shots that disappear under things until they come back, so you never see the ball curve, just shoot straight up, wait, it comes straight down. Not being able to see the ball a lot, or seeing it a lot on the upper playfield which is slower by nature, meant the game didn't feel very kinetic.
I'd play it again on location, but for me not seeing the ball movement is a design flaw that would make it not my first choice to play.
[quoted image]

so its a somewhat clunky, somewhat pretty, nostalgic night-light? question - did anything break since its been out on the floor? i trust your opinion is summarized as in, this is a pretty curiosity but lacks thrills and moments of a modern game.
It sounds like you came away from the game as 2 EM playfields were stacked with 1 half covering the other..

1 month later
#4185 11 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Some of those mods are just too much, especially the coin door and speaker panel decals

Anything to detract from the gameplay I guess

#4415 11 months ago

Also, ppl are more inclined to post issues here than those that are enjoying their new game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball
Plastics
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carnation, WA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trueno92.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=trueno92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.