(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,608 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 seconds ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manbarepig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Thank you for the update. I'm #60, so hopefully I'll get notice tomorrow that mine is ready so I can head up to Benton for pickup!

I got my Email saying CE#59 is done and ready to load up today... I'm excited

#1140 1 year ago

Got CE#59 delivered and setup today and enjoying it..... It needed a little bit of loving to make sure everything was good to go.. A screw fell out of the big plastic bat wing on the apron in the process of delivery took me a bit to find but got it back in there. the Mystery Machine back corner was interfering with the orange ramp a little and i shaved it back slightly... I messed up the interior art blades which bummed me out (My Fault) (might see if i can order a replacement).. but overall after a little setup and loving (making sure everything is tight etc) it is working wonderfully my kids are loving it....

IMG_5029.HEIC (resized).jpegIMG_5029.HEIC (resized).jpeg
#1164 1 year ago

One been playing mine for a bit today the one think I don't get is why the flippers make a high pitch noise when they are flipped/held up @

Quoted from GamerRick:

How did you mess up your side blades?

Pulling the playfield up/down. It’s really tight in there. I suggest protectors. I learned the hard way

#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Apologies to everybody who has had issues with their games this week. These early games are definitely always tough to work out the new kinks. We 100% feel every bit of the pressure, and have been working 12+hour days every day to make sure this is remedied. We will never ever take for granted that people care so much about our product, and are doing everything in our power to ensure a fun and reliable game to you all.

If it helps mine is working well and I am happy.. Its a beautiful machine.. It takes a lot of work and there are a lot of things that can go slightly wrong that are almost impossible to find there are many parts but mine is working well.. Thanks!!

#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

For those of you that have played the game or have watched the streams, when you drain or time out of a mode do you pick up where you left off if you start that mode again? Say you miss on the unmasking - if you start that mystery again do you need to collect clues or can you go straight for the finisher?

If you drain or timeout the mode is done and a new mode starts… it’s not like Godzilla where you continue modes… it’s more like Elvira house of horrors where modes end and you move on… this whole game feels like Elvira house of horrors with how code works.

#1252 1 year ago

Does anybody know why the flipper coils could be making a high pitch noise when held up. It’s kinda annoying

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's more of a buzz - vibration. Tighten the flipper plate, or put small rubber pieces at each end of the coil. If it's more of a whine like an old tube TV/CRT, coil whine. About all you can do is change the coil.
I think it's more coil buzz, having not heard it, though. Much more common.

Yea all 4 flippers on my Scooby doo are making this high pitch whine.. (defiantly not a buzz) sorta like I’m getting a hearing test. The YouTube video below demonstrates the noise when he has the flippers held up.

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like RF interference, but hard to tell because the game music/fx keep masking it in that video.
I would unplug the speakers and see if you still hear it. That would remove or confirm RF interference as the cause of the sound.

Just checked and made a video of my own inside the cab 100% from the flipper coils and i had the speakers off and amp powered down....

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from ManBarePig:

Just checked and made a video of my own inside the cab 100% from the flipper coils and i had the speakers off and amp powered down....

My hope this is something that code can easily fix. Like adjusting power to coils or frequency of signal. But I don’t know.

#1309 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Hey all!! (it's true that we never sleep btw). The whine is likely from the PWM controlling the flippers. Some coils/mechs will just sing louder than others, depending on part tolerances and such. If it's bothersome, I can add a menu option to change the period of that signal to something that either doesn't resonate, or is less annoying.
The start and launch buttons only flash in attract mode right now, however the next code update will have them working in-game (start flashes if you have credits and player spots, and the launch button will flash if there's a ball in the shooter lane (i.e. tells you if your shooter lane switch is active)). By the way, hitting the launch button when there is no ball in the shooter lane will lock which villain you have selected during the base clue-finding mode (I call it the "get a clue" mode). So if you rip that left spinner, if you can time it right, you can lock in which case you want to visit next!
(ps BallyKISS1978 make sure you're on the latest code! (currently v2023.02.25.00))
And currently the shaker fires during unmask hurry-ups, when your bravery is running low in a case (villain mode), and I think, bashing cutler's helmet during the cutler case mode (I'll have to double check that last one). We'll continue to add it in more places (certain jackpots, for example) in future updates!
Regarding all comments about the music; we definitely hear what you're saying. There will be more original music by Count D to come (he made all the villain mode soundtracks!), and we'll include options in the service menu that I think will satisfy most preferences regarding which songs you'll hear in game.

Hey spooky_dj it’s true you don’t sleep (workin hard)… Yea I thought it might be something code can change and adding something in like that would be amazing. That high pitch noise is kinda loud and in the home environment you can hear it while playing and it does get annoying for sure. Thank you for your hard work and my game is working well.

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well found another problem. Mystery machine is cracked. I found it because I was looking to see if removing it would help get the allen key on.
[quoted image]

It’s not cracked. If you feel notice it’s made of a rubber substance not plastic. Looks like they did a little extra trimming on the back end to not interfere with the orange trail. Mine was trimmed kinda like that too.

#1328 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Does your have all those sharp cracked edges as well?

Mine kinda did… I busted out my Dremel and a fine grit cylinder sander attachment and cleaned it up a little bit. I know why they are doing what they are doing maybe they could just use a more appropriate tool to make it look cleaner.

#1330 1 year ago

But the mystery machine isn’t made from a hard plastic it’s a flexible rubber instead.

#1354 1 year ago

They screws don’t come up high enough. They end up coming out before they even touch the lockdown bar.
[quoted image]

You have it backwards. You want to screw down. Those screws aren’t for stabilizing the lockdown on the top rather aligning where it lock is into the latch of the lockdown bar. So further down the tighter the lockdown bar is

#1359 1 year ago

I went that way first and didn’t work. So went the other way and still didn’t work. I need to add thicker foam.
[quoted image]

Don’t go all the way down that would miss the latch. It needs to be mid somewhere but tight enough where you need to press down on the lock bar to make it latch

#1365 1 year ago

Please read my other post please.

I got mine dialed in started high kept tightening until it was hard to latch requiring a little pressure on the top to get latched while trying to close the lever. This seems like a user error to me (unless the action button nut is resting on the glass)

#1368 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Maybe take a step back and take a breath. . . You have several people attempting to help you . You originally mentioned adding foam with no mention on attempting to adjust screws. Check that the lever is locking completely. (Lock it with bar off to see how far it should go). I had similar issues where it wasn't completely locking, but bar was locked enough that it wouldn't come off. Just needs to be dialed in. I remember not so long ago when you were quite short with people because you KNEW it was a weld causing your habitrail problem andquite rudely telling people to read your original post, only to find out later it wasn't the weld, but I never saw any apologies come out. Either way, I digress. . . Just saying be aware of how your post is could brle read when everyone is just trying to help. . . .I could be off base, but oh well. . .

Here Here!!!

#1444 1 year ago

I have a question what's the plan for the secret passage/ magnet on lower playfield.. Right now it doesn't seem to have much use. Could it be used like the Elvira HOH backdoor shot to automatically start a mode/spot shots in mode, and the magnet could do some fun things but I'm not creative enough for that

#1542 1 year ago

I am having fun with the modes on Scooby, I like how they are themed and every mode is unique in its own way (like opening the safe).. I am looking forward to the modes and wizard modes they add. I am secretly hoping they add a Hawaii / Mano Tiki Tia mode or something (we love tiki stuff here)

1 week later
#1998 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I've read about some others that are also having the ball trap issue at the entrance to the blue wireform (as shown in the picture). I probably had the ball hang up there 7 or 8 times before I experimented with a fix, and after my latest adjustment I have had zero hang-ups after many games.
The fix is to bend the the wireform tine (on the right) down, to open the gap enough that a ball can't wedge in there anymore. And after you bend it down, bend it slightly to the right so that it barely sits underneath the edge of the upper playfield so that the ball can't smack the tip of the tine. It works like a champ now, and no matter fast or slow I test-roll a ball off of the playfield, it goes straight down every time.
SpookyLuke - maybe you guys can start doing this to games on the line so that this is no longer an issue.
Also, as you guys see in the one pic, I had one of Captain Cutler's arms fall off (also a fairly common issue), and just an FYI on this, it's a 7/32" nut driver that you'll need to put it back on. And some Loctite, of course [quoted image][quoted image]

I found moving down like you did caused the ball to pop out of the wire form and drop to the playfield. My solution that I think works best was kinda the opposite. Moving the wire up just under the ledge of the upper playfield and as far right towards the upper playfield as it will go. Is what I determined to be the sweet spot (haven’t had a trap there since)

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Now that I'm back home, I just wanted to add this pic of that wireform tine position after I bent it. It sits at approximately the bottom of the upper playfield, and just under the lip of that metal piece. Hopefully this helps others get rid of the ball trap.
[quoted image]

Yea mine is setup kinda opposite (just got home too) I brought mine up as far as I could without interfering with the dropping off that ledge… when I was adjusting mine a couple weeks ago I found bringing it down like that would cause it to sometimes pop out onto the lower playfield. But whatever works either way.

CEF7E1A2-FB9A-4897-B73C-94224C0BFF55 (resized).jpegCEF7E1A2-FB9A-4897-B73C-94224C0BFF55 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manbarepig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=manbarepig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.