(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,642 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by alexorear
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#730 1 year ago

, but I think they hit this one out of the park. Just my opinion. I’m dying to play it again though.

Interesting I hope so and if they did this early it will definitely be a top ten game.

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Those rods can be spread out super easy man if there is a small tight spot. You do not have to pull your upper playfield at all even to replace the whole thing. I think you need some rest man.

Did you see the wire is weld is keeping the wire form pushed in. It appears he could cut the weld with a dremel tool and then push the wire form closer to the holding ring. And at least play it ASAP, while he waits for a new wire form.

#794 1 year ago

Look in between the arrows I made that extra metal weld is creating the smaller space not allowing the ball to pass through.

Pinside_forum_7433813_1 with arrows (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7433813_1 with arrows (resized).jpg
#805 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

He wasn't dismissive. He offered up suggestions to get you playing now and even stated they can get you a new part sent out. His point is that in the meantime he was trying to offer suggestions to correct the problem so you can play. You can also throw another ball in there and continue to play, so you're not 100% SOL. Yes, you've made it very clear how much you've been waiting for this game, and I'm sure you're incredibly disappointed to get it home and find all these issues. However, I don't think it's fair to say he was dismissive given he posted multiple times attempting to offer as much help as possible at 9pm local time.

The part that really confuses me and maybe I was wrong but I thought Spooky test their games before the QC sticker goes on it as complete.

There is no way in hell a practice ball was ever sent down that wire form cuz no ball is ever going to go through it period.

So does Spooky test game play? If they do they need a check list for each item to test, I can see parts being made wrong, I can't see sending out a game with a wire form no ball could ever make it down.

#810 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would take a pair of channel locks and squash the ring so its slightly oval. That should give you a little bit of clearance. New ramp is coming anyway so if it messes it up its not a problem. Worth a shot to get it going.

Actually he could try a large vise grip and just keep on making it tighter each time in hopes of crushing the weld or wire out. I have done lots of metal working and sometimes it works and some time a simple tack weld can seem like moving the Hoover Dam.

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Wow......I'm rethinking things, for the first time considering just walking away from my deposit, I mean seriously. The items raised by this customer cannot be allowed to happen.

Please be patient, it’s Spooky, everything seems to be like HW/UM. It gets worked out.

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

Crazy how some people are selling their spots for losses. I have faith and will continue to have faith in Spooky and my CE 1069 will come with no issues for me and my family to enjoy! First NIB!!

It’s trending down and not at the bottom yet. Spooky has a great sales model to eliminate flippers. However it drops the value for every buyer.

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s hardly the case. There are people for whom the fomo wore off and if they feel like they want to let go of the spot they HAVE TO beat the original deposit (typically by $100) as there are a few distribs who have allotments to move. Call me when people are selling for over a $500 loss. It’s not going to happen with this title.

Saw one add for 1,400 for a 2k spot +200 transfer fee =800 loss.

#1324 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well found another problem. Mystery machine is cracked. I found it because I was looking to see if removing it would help get the allen key on.
[quoted image]

The Mystery Machine is customized so the ball rolls through the habitrail Smile or you are going to go nutz!!!

#1326 1 year ago
Quoted from ManBarePig:

It’s not cracked. If you feel notice it’s made of a rubber substance not plastic. Looks like they did a little extra trimming on the back end to not interfere with the orange trail. Mine was trimmed kinda like that too.

Does your have all those sharp cracked edges as well?

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

This isn’t piling up on anyone. I wasn’t necessarily a fan of all of BK78 posts and took them with a grain of salt. He, unfortunately, may have gotten a game that needed some work which I do hope most of us don’t have to experience. I DO wish he would have dealt with Spooky directly instead of putting it all on here. It DID, however, show exactly how attentive Spooky is; responding to him in the middle of the night and on weekends. That’s my main take away. Spooky does indeed ROCK! I wouldn’t let his posts necessarily provide the perspective of “what you’re in for” or certainly scare folks who really are exited about this game away from it. Instead, look for and remember those posts that said their games had no issues or just required minor adjustments for both home use and arcade use. That allows a better perspective. I have every faith that Spooky will remain responsive and address concerns moving forward. They did it with Halloween. They’ll do it with Scooby. We had NIB issues with Deadpool a few years ago, and that certainly wasn’t at the front of the run on that game. Not a bad thing, but somehow BK78 made it into, what I thought, was a VIP first 50 games list. I did anticipate some false starts/early code/“could of done that better” issues in those early games. Kind of comes with the territory. Just check out the early comments in the majority of any manufacturers games. We are still super psyched for the game and certainly focusing on the positive comments while we tuck away some of the more constructive/thought filled/helpful commentary away for future use if necessary. I have every faith that Scooby has this and that they “have our 6”

This is a awesome post and hope it can help Scooby Doo retain some of it value and not have the price crash like HW and UM.

So if you have problems with your new games please do not post it up on a public forum for all to see.

Please use Spooky email so it is not known by so many people what your issue is.

Thanks

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I don't necessarily even care about holding anyone accountable for anything. If there are common issues that need to be fixed, I want to be able to read about those issues and how to fix them. The owners threads I am in and have been in have been extremely useful in troubleshooting situations. Documentation here provides help for owners for decades to come. To suggest not posting problems and/or their solutions is absurd. And for the record, he's serious. JohnTTwo seems to have an odd obsession with trying to ensure his games appreciate in value.

Well I know my Bond 60th isn't going up fast very soon, but bought it knowing I may only loss a little if I need to sell it.

Now here is my next crazy project starting my retirement. Building out a used Toyota Sienna as a mini travel RV. Every night I save on hotels I can play location pinball with the money I save. I figure I will have about 15k into my Mini RV Verses a 150k motor home, if you haven't seen them check them out on youtube, Bruce Parks, and Eric loves earth channels.

Oh I could buy a full size motor home but, can't live with the depreciation, fuel cost and parking cost.

And CoolCatPinball please feel free to use this term for me "tighter then bark on a tree" That is how many friends refer to me, kind of a badge of honor to me

#1426 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

If I were you, I would have called michelle at sti long ago and had them ship this game back to benton. Dispute the charge on your CC if spooky won't refund. You should NOT have to go through all this nonsense with a brand new pinball game.
And if I was spooky, I would have reached out via PM and told this guy we're sending a truck to pick it up and we're sending you another game.
This is terrible PR for spooky.

It actually very normal on a Spooky release.

Some pattern from sales to release.

In the end Spooky will make everyone whole and the consumer will have a very nice game.

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

YOU HAVE AN EARLY GAME OFF THE LINE. That’s your problem.

Customers Fault?

#1609 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This will be the last time I say anything. I appreciate your comments. I also have health problems myself. And thanks to the people who down voted your post. I wish I could say everything was perfect and worked right out of the box.
But it didn’t. Issues that were clearly missed and should not have been. How anyone can give me crap for posting my issues is beyond me.
I never hated on the pin or Spooky. Clearly the QC was not there on my game. The ball getting stuck on the green habit rail, the upper playfield right flipper down too low, no LED in the start button, dead LED in the launch button, and coin reject ground wire for LED not soldered on.
There was no way my game went through a final QC check considering the first 50 games were supposedly tested and held back to see if any problems.
I have been a supporter for this game before Halloween even came out and been one of the biggest supporters for this game, more than most of you.
So what’s the point of an owners thread if you can’t post issues but say only how awesome it is? I never said ANYTHING malicious towards spooky. But just stating that my game should have never shipped with the problems I have had.
I would love to hear any of you to prove me wrong. If Stern did this you would be all over them for it and say typical Stern QC. Some of you are real hypocrites.

I really appreciate all your post and inputs. I really hope this is not your last post if you have future issues. Kinda comes across as if you have been bought off by Spooky or Pinside bro.

I am glad you express you love for this theme and kept it real while you did saying what is happening in the real world.

THANK YOU

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Why don’t you explain this in detail in case someone else has the same problem? Micro switch? Pull the wire??

Silenced by the Mob.

#1803 1 year ago

I don't like the fully enclosed habitrails in games just seems like it changes the clean look of a 2 wire track. I love the AC thin metal 90 as a trail that crosses the playfield. On my Fish Tales I was going to cut out the tops on the cages to clean it up.

On this game is the ball traveling so fast they need totally enclosure or will I be able to cut off the tops on the caged trails?

#1978 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Just had my high score game ended by the mystery machine bug where it feeds out two balls. When is the next code update being launched to fix that and the flipper coil whine?

I’d like to know what this sounds like?

What causes it?

#2074 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Scooby so far has been flawless but the flipper whine is annoying,.

I will not buy one until I know what this sounds like, and if it’s resolved.

Flawless has a different meaning to me.

#2076 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s bring addresses in the next update so it likely that you’ll never hear it.

Thanks that’s awesome news.

#2201 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have a Scooby CE on order, but for anyone who is worried about it not being perfect out of the box, this is not my first time at the Rodeo.
I have been waiting 16 months (yes I know) for my Godzilla Premium and I just got and unboxed it 2 days ago.
Here's my experience:
Recent NIB GZ Premium:
Found bits of broken black plastic in bottom of cabinet. Looks like pieces of the rear playfield glass channel.
Sure enough, the center of the installed intact rear playfield glass channel bows downward in the middle, preventing me from simply sliding the glass all the way in.
Ordinarily, I'd simply loosen the screws holing the channel in and move it up a bit.
Can't do that because - no screws. Apparently this is now installed using double-sided tape, so I'll have to pry off the center part and move it up.
At the factory, someone must have mis-installed the first one and broken it getting it off. The second one was "mostly good" and they let it go out like that
Found a sticky greasy spray all over the inside of the cabinet on the right hand side in one area.
Realized it's the lube spray Stern uses on the metal sliding rails.
Someone got a little careless with the spray can and never cleaned it up.
Playfield clearcoat seems very thin - I can see the outlines of the inserts right through the clearcoat and feel them with my finger. Also has noticeable orange peel. Seems a drop in quality that should not happen.
People have posted that Stern stopped using the playfield centering brackets; those are back in now.
Needed the Abe Flips shooter lane fix - balls inconsistently rattling out of the shooter lane
Had balls going into the building lock and getting stuck at the gap between the metal subway and the VUK assy; did the "business card" fix. Seems to be working.
Had balls stuck next to the arm of Mechagodzilla (will do a plastic post/rubber fix)
Had balls stuck in the side of the rotating Mechagodzilla ramp (will do the hex post fix)
If people complain bout sloppy soldering on Spooky games, take a look at the soldering on some of the LED lamp boards in my GZ - blobby solder, not enough solder, drips. Sloppy jobs.
One guy recently unboxed his new GZ, building went up and down one time then went dead - bad Node 10 board, which others have had. Main toy Dead just out of the box.
RussMyers

Stop the credit card payment until Stern resolves it period. Easy and it is not up to you to fix, maybe screw or two but not that much!!!

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Question for SpookyLuke or lpeters82
What is Spooky's policy if a purchaser of a new machine is not capable of making the more intricate repairs required to fix the machine?
Soldering , removal of upper playfields, replacement of coils and stops that have been posted in this thread.

What about the people who can but don’t want to or refuse to do it?

#2333 1 year ago

You refuse to work on a machine? What do you do when your games need something? I’ve owned hundreds of games and they all need something at some point. Coils and switches can fail, coil stops wear out, rubbers break down, playfields get dirty.

No
Fix it

My question was not about me.

Why do you think I refuse to work on a machine?

Many days I enjoy working on machines. Still looking for where that little washer came from on JP the other day. Kinda like a easter egg hunt.

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They pay someone else to do it. If they can find them.

What about a game under warranty? Same?

#2336 1 year ago

Your comment read like you were speaking about yourself.

interesting people verses me

#2437 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Right, right. I actually just noticed they put up more for sale on their site.
Does anyone know if they're anywhere near selling out on this title? I'm starting to feel like this may be like GnR LE, where there are so many of them, that you'll lose your shirt if you ever decide to sell.

You’re 100% correct. It’s the Spooky sales model. Eliminates the flippers so it should be applauded.

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ohh, I'll play. My bet is it's from the left side of the clear ball hop plastic at the entrance to the left ramp.

Will try and look there. Thanks!! I use to live across from Bailey elementary.

#2488 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm waiting for a mod that makes the apron locks look less "Penis-ish". I just can't unsee that no matter how hard I try.

As a former draftsman someone at Spooky is getting a life time laugh.

#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

its all good, the thing about social media boards, is the lack of facial expression, and interaction and everything can come off as negative, even if it wasnt meant to be. i installed a commercial coffee machine in my house, and i didnt do my homework on the wiring gauge and and had a small fire in the panel when i flicked the breaker and turned the bunn brewer on. lesson learned i, have a friend who is a master electrician give me a mat list and check my work over prior to adding juice. in the case of the coffee maker insurance denied the claim outright just based off i had installed a commercial machine in a residential setting, they didnt go past that point to inspect my stupidity.

LOL our insurance down in the states our insurance covers stupidity ha ha ha.

#2791 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Your club can put Scooby Doo squarely in third place with only 7 more votes. Click on link and vote, but vote however you want.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/
[quoted image]

I am kind of shocked FF is so much more popular than PF. Seems like PF has way more hype from TPF attendees posting up. And the calculator seems odd how can 97 and 91 be at 13% and 90 be at 12% hmmmmmm........

1 week later
#3139 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

[quoted image]

Has anyone cut the habitrail top wires off their game?

It’s one of the first mods I want to do when my game arrives. Seems like they are overkill being on top as well on the entire form.

Or is the ball going so fast the top two wires are needed the entire circumference?

1 month later
#5037 11 months ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Perfection is not attainable which is what you're demanding. It's unrealistic. Before anyone goes off on that, no I am not saying the issues are okay. All I'm trying to get through to some of you is you're overreacting and being unreasonable. That certainly doesn't absolve Spooky in any way, they can and should do better.

Kinda like if your wife is not Christie Brinkley WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING.

#5057 11 months ago

I cannot stop thinking about this ad:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/144071

Note happening with SD yet is it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider johnttwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=johnttwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.