(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#960 1 year ago

-

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

With only so few machines out there and so many showing issues, there clearly needs to be a slow down in work and an all hands on deck to address the construction of these things.

Quoted from Wilmmr:

Wow......I'm rethinking things, for the first time considering just walking away from my deposit, I mean seriously. The items raised by this customer cannot be allowed to happen.

Quoted from turbo2nr:

I had a really bad experience with a new ACNC, then my Ultraman. Issues continued throughout Halloween/Ultraman/TNA and same shit with Scooby we will realize.

I think that when the main QC person is a direct family member of the pinball company, it is really hard for that non-family member to come down on them because they want to keep their job.
Spooky (resized).jpgSpooky (resized).jpg

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks buddy. Definitely been a fun few days working on it plus my daughters surgery. Glad I have the skills to do it.

I feel sorry for the people who don't have the "skills/know how" but in this hobby you need to learn them regardless of buying used or NIB.

#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

I see your point. However at these prices everything should work out of the box. These are not issues that happen “during shipping”. I have had my fair share of problem pins and it appears to me that at least Stern has been a lot better and ironically I’ve never had an issue with CGC or API.

I 100% agree that QC needs to be priority #1 before a being boxed & shipped from any company. I could care less if I have to wait a few extra days/ a week for shipment knowing that my
10K pin is being played and inspected top to bottom. Spooky is always on the top of the list when it comes to customer support.

#1306 1 year ago

What size allen key do I need?

Not sure but it might be a metric size..??

1 week later
#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I have a Scooby CE on order, but for anyone who is worried about it not being perfect out of the box, this is not my first time at the Rodeo.
I have been waiting 16 months (yes I know) for my Godzilla Premium and I just got and unboxed it 2 days ago.
Here's my experience:
Recent NIB GZ Premium:
Found bits of broken black plastic in bottom of cabinet. Looks like pieces of the rear playfield glass channel.
Sure enough, the center of the installed intact rear playfield glass channel bows downward in the middle, preventing me from simply sliding the glass all the way in.
Ordinarily, I'd simply loosen the screws holing the channel in and move it up a bit.
Can't do that because - no screws. Apparently this is now installed using double-sided tape, so I'll have to pry off the center part and move it up.
At the factory, someone must have mis-installed the first one and broken it getting it off. The second one was "mostly good" and they let it go out like that
Found a sticky greasy spray all over the inside of the cabinet on the right hand side in one area.
Realized it's the lube spray Stern uses on the metal sliding rails.
Someone got a little careless with the spray can and never cleaned it up.
Playfield clearcoat seems very thin - I can see the outlines of the inserts right through the clearcoat and feel them with my finger. Also has noticeable orange peel. Seems a drop in quality that should not happen.
People have posted that Stern stopped using the playfield centering brackets; those are back in now.
Needed the Abe Flips shooter lane fix - balls inconsistently rattling out of the shooter lane
Had balls going into the building lock and getting stuck at the gap between the metal subway and the VUK assy; did the "business card" fix. Seems to be working.
Had balls stuck next to the arm of Mechagodzilla (will do a plastic post/rubber fix)
Had balls stuck in the side of the rotating Mechagodzilla ramp (will do the hex post fix)
If people complain bout sloppy soldering on Spooky games, take a look at the soldering on some of the LED lamp boards in my GZ - blobby solder, not enough solder, drips. Sloppy jobs.
One guy recently unboxed his new GZ, building went up and down one time then went dead - bad Node 10 board, which others have had. Main toy Dead just out of the box.
RussMyers

Look at my Avatar and guess what, I don't own a Godzilla (grail pin) because it's a stern. I could list all the reasons why I will never own a Stern but I think you get it. My experiences with NIB: 2 pins with zero issues (knock on wood) till this day. 1- AFM Special re 2- Octoberfest. I really wanted Charlie to get the Godzilla license from TOHO but we all know how that went down. I will definingly buy a Spooky pin as soon as they come out with a theme I really like for my money. I wish nothing but the best for team Spooky.

#2286 1 year ago

Just came from the barcade, most were waiting to play SD.

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

This seems like a pretty minor issue to keep bringing up (I count six times AFTER flynnibus posted a quick and easy solution in post #1923). There appears to be a lot of pinsiders in the Phoenix area that can probably help you with this and maybe some of your other issues too. I know there are different levels of confidence and/or ability when it comes to pin maintenance, that is 100% ok. I think most people just made the quick fix which is why no has answered your question.
I was actually surprised how many pinsider's there are in the Phoenix area, must be a great pinball community.

I think he may be waiting for Spooky to answer him directly so he can feel empowered by their response to him.
Just do what flynnibus posted, take a break from pinside & enjoy your pin. Two operators I know already did this quick fix and it worked without a hitch.

#2301 1 year ago

No! Not feeling empowered at all or need to. Sad you feel that. I get empowered by my family. You guys who down vote me for posting can kiss my …. I have been supporting Scooby even before Halloween and since.
Some of you are really pathetic. Most of you wouldn’t survive what my wife and I have gone through. Any of you survive loosing three kids? Major health problems where you can’t work anymore?
Get your house foreclosed on and start over moving across country with a family of six?! Have to rebuild your credit for a few years and be able to buy a house again?
Almost loosing my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis twice? Daughter needing brain surgery? A wife with major health problems and in pain constantly?
Survive a childhood with a mother who was verbally and physically abusive?
Yeah I don’t need any empowerment from ANYONE!! Like many on here who think they are some Pinside celebrities. Give me a break.
Just posting issues since Spooky is on here. So downvote away. I don’t need any of you on here. Appreciate the ones who do support me.
Some of you need to grow up. It’s just freaking pinball. Have a nice weekend.

Dude, we're talking pinball. Most people in life go through very tragic ordeals but no one even mentioned anything about your family (only goodwill for your daughters surgery) and if I'm not mistake you received tons of up votes for your daughter being released and going home from the hospital.

2 weeks later
#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, been modded twice in the last 20 min in a club thread and have been a pinsider for over 18 years…times have changed. And never been moderated…ever.

Quoted from SLRage:

Welcome to the Club

Times have changed: Woke

1 week later
#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:This thread has me stressed about ordering a scooby with all these issues and board issues I’m hearing about. Is it really that bad to bail out now? May just stick to stern and CGC from now on for nib. Idk anymore but don’t want major issues I can’t fix.

Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Kind of in the same boat as you. Mine is due in the late June / July timeframe and I'm having reservations after keeping on top of this thread from day 1. Don't get me wrong, I really want this pin / theme but I'm getting tired of the some of the minor to somewhat major surgery that has been needed. Granted, folks have chimed in that got theirs with zero issues but it certainly doesn't look like a guarantee. So, I'm on the fence. I realize if I transfer my deposit I'll take a hit of at least $500 but thems the breaks I guess. Again -- I'm rooting for Spooky and this game to really go the distance but one can't deny the amount of issues that have cropped up (and yes, I know all NIBs do have some issues) which have required Spooky intervention after unboxing.

Everyone says that you need to be ready to work on NIB pins but you guys are right about wanting to bail out, I did (changed my mind, didn't have a deposit on it) and I really want Spooky to be successful. How about the guy who's VUK was installed 180 degrees in the wrong direction..? I thought Spooky mentioned about having better QC...? I have had 2 CGC remakes in the past and both have had zero issues out of the box, I'm I lucky, maybe. At least Spooky will help you out and answer the phone, try that with Stern or JJP.

1 week later
#3865 1 year ago

Has any of the other Spooky pins had so many issues after a release??? Big thanks to them responding to help so quickly unlike some other manufactures we know..

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Check the R&M, Ultraman or Halloween threads

Thanks, I will. And I was thinking about a Luterman & Halloween.

#4133 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Anyone else have this plastic protector stuff on the topper? Updates are super smooth on this machine
[quoted image]

LOL, tell us you're a newb without telling us you're a newb. As Jigz also said it's protective plastic to protect it from damage, just peel it off greenhorn.

#4300 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

For me it boils down to the severity of issues for Svenop and that with all of the part replacements and work he has done the game still does not work.
Yes there are others with issues but his seems to be the most severe and in my book his particular machine is a lemon (sorry). That doesn't mean they all are and that everyone should bail from their purchase etc etc.
While I realize there is severe cost involved I think the proper thing for Spooky to do is take the machine back and either completely rebuild it and give it back to him or simply replaced the entire game. There is 100% a gremlin in his game (and those meddling kids don't seem to be helping out right now)

Or at least get the game back to do a complete autopsy on it to see where the issues are coming from, while shipping him a new pin that has been QC'd from top to bottom.

#4457 12 months ago

Wow, that does look like a major pain in the ass for even the experienced pinball homeowner. Are you guys removing the upper PF just for the coil stops or other things that should be addressed while it is out?

2 weeks later
#4961 11 months ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Agree 100%. I wish you and I and everyone else in this endeavor ,,and espically Spooky the very best, but my best advice for anyone reading this post is,,, don't be afraid of Missing out on a new pinball game, because of the hype, I have been a collector for 48 years and I am as old as dirt. First New In Box purchase from any company that was a PER-ORDER is this one.. Although I have purchased at least 20 new games and have cycled though at the very least 130 games over these many years.,,,Scooby hit home with me and my wife, as we were both BIG fans of the original Saturday morning series as kids in the late 60's and early 70's before we even met. I gave Spooky the benefit of being a small company with growing pains before,, but that can only go so far with the good will, sad to say. My best wishes to all involved.

At least with your decades of experience you will have the ability to work on it (doesn't mean you should have to) just think how the guy who bought this for his family feels when he realizes he doesn't have the experience to work on it in depth, like removing the upper playfield for some known complaints. Spooky did say that they are addressing the QC issues but it does seem it isn't doing much good with the latest posts and pics from owners the last few pages., never mind throughout this thread. I too, want spooky to succeed more than any other company and hope they turn this around. Maybe just maybe, Benton is in a rural area and getting qualified help is the problem as the company grows bigger.

#4977 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've been away for a few days, and checking in on this thread is really disheartening.
Spooky needs to slow the fuck down and fix these issues. There is no excuse other than "We really need the money" to not pump the breaks and figure out how they're nearing 25% of the games being out or on the line and still being delivered with sloppy ass soldering, DOA games (that they apparently fully QA/QC tested and approved), and poorly assembled components and games. Just really inexcusable for ANY company, but these guys in particular since it seems like there low-key burying their heads in the sand at the moment.
Still have my late 700 preorder, but I am losing faith after the past few days of issues I've seen here and elsewhere.
E: That said, if we hit 700-725 and the issues are still this rampant, I'm dumping my spot for cheap and using those funds towards something else.

Quoted from Pugster:

This is exactly what needs to happen. Maybe not a nice thing to say, but I see this as a training problem, an oversight problem, and possibly negligence at the employee level. Thing is, it's a small company and I'd be willing to bet the shoddy work isn't distributed among all employees. Time to have some tough discussions and either train better or really drill down on where these issues are originating. Some of these pics with melted wires and connectors - that stuff shouldn't have even made it to QC to be caught. Time to reinforce a culture where mistakes happen and are accepted, and the ones that get covered up are taken care of at the source.

Pinside_forum_7437700_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7437700_0 (resized).jpg
#5019 11 months ago

Pop on over to this thread and just glance at the last page or two never mind the entire thread:
Rush Node Board 10 issues and Non issues list

1 month later
#6213 9 months ago

I know that. But would be easier to not have them on. Just leave the two letters off the apron. For advertising on his website I understand having the letters on there to spell Spooky vs Scooby. But for shipping the apron out can’t see why keeping the P and the K off the apron violates any copyright infringement.

Hey genius, make your own then and stop crying about the little things.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=gjm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.