(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,642 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by alexorear
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

These are beyond issues that happen during shipping.

I feel bad for the guy and his family that had issues with his new Scooby Doo pin.
Lots of people jumped on him to protect the pin they purchased and that is wrong.
He posted pictures and videos of his family playing a brand new game that had issues.
Shame on the few that gave him shit in this thread.

#1645 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:Looking for some suggestions on how to fix this problem.
A strong shot from the left flipper into the mystery machine makes the ball bounce back, missing the scoop. However, a soft shot from the right flipper lets the ball go in the scoop. Should I add something to the back of this plate to prevent the ball from bouncing?
[quoted image]

You can use a small piece of sticky felt that goes under chairs or bar stools for a temp fix also. It has worked for me and is easy.

#1733 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I took this off my ACNC to see how it’d look. It would work well if I trimmed off the post mount section and just secure it to the wall. Medisinyl made it and I showed this pic to him. Hopefully he’ll design a new version for SD.
[quoted image]

Great photo. Your camera is real clear! Do you have any more to possibly share?

#1740 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Question, is the metal piece of the shooter lane supposed to not be inset? I'm getting a lot of failures when launching. Took a slow motion video so I could help see what was going on. And as you can see in the video, it hits the metal edge, gets some air and doesn't make it all the way.
Not sure what to do about this.

That is a speed bump. Looks like the ball is getting airborne off the screw.

#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Yeah, I just took out the left screw and it's shooting like butter now. Even tightening it down with the screw pretty hard, I'm still having an issue. I think I'll leave the screw off for now. Though I'd like to have it shoot fine with the screw on. It doesn't look the best without the screw. But, it launches way better and consistent.
I'm surprised the bracket is not built to be flush with the play field like a stern is.
Edit: just checked. It's flush on our TMNT and AIQ. But, sits on top of playfield on Kiss. But, no issue on Kiss.

Probably just leave the screw out and have some fun for now. Email spooky they can probably send out new ones and make changes if needed for future builds.

#2048 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

Alright folks, I might need some talking down.
I'm currently in line with SD #401. I've never bought a NIB pinball before. Obviously, reading through this thread has been a wild ride. Lots of issues, which doesn't seem too surprising as it's early. But some of the build quality issues are alarming. And that was just heightened by a podcast episode I listened to.
I recently started listening to "Bro, do you even talk pinball." I find it entertaining with generally good info. On their recent episode, they both just laid into Spooky as a pinball manufacturer. And I mean, they let em have it. Talking about issues their past pins have had, things not working out of the box, shoddy soldering jobs, all sorts of things. I'll be honest; it really got me worried. I know Spooky is active on here and everyone says how good their customer service is, and that's awesome. But how concerned should I be that these build quality issues keep coming up on all of their releases?
Believe me, I WANT to be convinced to stick with my pre-order because I think the game looks very fun. But 10 grand is A LOT of money to throw at a company that doesn't appear to be learning much from their past mistakes.
I don't mean to be so negative. I've been hyped about this from the time I first learned about it. I'm hoping to hear some positive things that will convince me to get hyped again. Hearing what I did in that podcast was a bit shocking though. Am I putting too much stock in the opinions of just a couple dudes?

My Ultraman was a smoke show in the first 10 plays. I will say Spooky did send new light boards and I spent a good amount of time removing the upper playfield to replace them (not a fun job). The game never smoked again. I also sold it after a test period with A.J. At spooky. So I have have no long term info I regard to that issue.

3B30DB86-7679-4E10-943D-46238C37E814 (resized).jpeg3B30DB86-7679-4E10-943D-46238C37E814 (resized).jpeg6FC17812-F634-4EA7-A71C-E70F20A98B37 (resized).jpeg6FC17812-F634-4EA7-A71C-E70F20A98B37 (resized).jpeg
#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Last 2 posts...
You are not owners. Nobody cares. Take it to the hype thread.
Really don't want to disrespect anyone, but for non owners to keep coming in here with whatever... it's just garbage I have to weed through when I'm looking for useful information regarding the scooby doo I own.
Thanks

I care.

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I don't.
There's a bunch of games I don't own, that I've played recently. I'm not running to those owner threads and giving my thoughts.
This game is on release level code. It's awesome hearing from people who own it and are getting some real time on it.
It's lame to hear what someone's take on the game is after playing a game or 2 last week. Totally fucking lame.

Stay open minded. Most of the problems are real. It is good for a company to hear the pros and cons of their pinball machines so they can make adjustments. Hopefully.

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird that pinball has gotten to the point where it's so about ownership that location play is supposed to be gate-kept into some kind of ghetto.
I'm not going to argue about this, you don't like that I took the time to write up my thoughts after playing the game for people asking questions about the game so be it. I think your outrage is misplaced.

Agree, Owners threads can be a pretty strange place. Your review was a good read. Thanks for posting it.

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You're reading it wrong if you're reading outrage.
I didn't make this the owners thread. I jumped over here from the hype. The hype is still there to post whatever you want. It's like the easiest thing to give some respect to. I'm totally serious that I don't understand why someone who's not an owner, and thinks they never will be, would want to come here and post anything.
If you wanna help the 3 iffy guys who aren't sure about their purchase, why not pm them? You can still help them while you help me.
There's still an active hype thread. Why's it so difficult?

Quick question? If the reviews were 100% positive and raving about the game would you still not want them to post in here?

#2245 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

So a brief update on the Scooby we've had out at I/O Arcade. Now that it's been out there for a month, here are some takeaways and observations:
1. Highest played game we've ever had in a one month period - EVER (we've been doing this for 9 years now). Almost 30% higher than any other game in a one month period. It's popular with both casual and competitive players. Great lighting, callouts, and the theme definitely draws in all ages!

What games was it competing with? Contemplating picking up a pre-order spot in the market place for a location that I have a Walking dead pro at.

#2250 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Appreciate the review U2sean. Have played at I/O a few different times on a short trip to Madison. Great place. First place we played Halloween. were contemplating a trip there for Scooby from Michigan. Haha. One turned up in Ohio though. Lots of good information in the review. Looking forward to the game. IMO, I'd just ignore some of the rather nonsensical follow-up questions. You have a business to run. Haha

Nonsensical? If you post on a thread people are going to ask questions.

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

I don't disagree with folks asking questions after a review is posted. I'm just not certain that foot traffic vs. numerical value, etc. is information that someone would readily have available without a bit of further delving. I'm not a pinball business owner and could be wrong relative to how time consuming that information might be to access. I just feel that u2sean was providing a review of the game from an arcade owners perspective, simply and I sometimes wonder if somethings are agendized going in. Apologies if reading too much into things.

No worries, I think the 30% part is what grabs attention a least for me as that could be a big number or a small number.

But without numbers to translate 30% off of it is irrelevant.

Personally I was just wondering what games it was up against to see if was just cash cow.

So basically it does not really matter as there are so many different factors to consider.

Is it because it is the new kid on the block?
Is it that only so many have shipped and the area is hot for it?
Is it in a church or a strip club?
On and on.
I will take it for what it is. No Worries.

Time for me to eat my St. Patrick's day beef and a beer.

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Will join you for that beer! Cheers! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Back at ya. Enjoy.

#2725 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Upvote cause I love a good coke mention

DEAA93F6-DB12-4476-9CD7-2F5929BEE75D (resized).jpegDEAA93F6-DB12-4476-9CD7-2F5929BEE75D (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4838 11 months ago

The QC issues is going to have a lasting impression for sure. Good customer service, replacement parts and long awaited code updates on all machines puts a damper on the perception of the company's reputation.

#4968 11 months ago

Qc is disappointing to see on Scooby. I was hoping after Ultraman/Halloween that it would not be. Ultraman/Halloween still needs help and code.

Did any of the new Rick and Morty episodes get implemented into the code on that machine. I know this was talked about by Spooky but i think that ship sailed.

#5009 11 months ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I received #345 today. Unboxed, setup, and fired it up and started a game and everything seems fine so far with no issues (at least none that I notice). I mostly wanted to share, because it’s so far, a positive experience.
[quoted image]

Congratulations on that beautiful Foo Fighters LE!!
Awsome pin!

#5099 11 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

That’s a good catch , that’s my fault, I don’t appreciate you using the word troll when I am an active member of the community and also considering my game has many issues and some which I have overlooked and haven’t even brought up in this group, all of which I hope you can understand where my frustration is coming from.

You are far from a troll. More like a concerned owner! I own many pinball machines from almost all the companies and that includes TNA, ACNC Rick&Morty and a sold Ultraman. Most owners threads do not get as upset with other owners as issues are brought forward as a Spooky owner thread. Not sure what is the problem with sharing issues is.

#5101 11 months ago

My opinion is it healthy to ask questions and report issues to manufacturers and fellow owners in threads. Hopefully it would resolve the issues and makes for better games for the owners. That goes for all companies and machines.

3 weeks later
#5659 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Got my apron mod today. Just waiting for my game should ship any day.
This thing is very well made. Great detail and is actually kind of heavy. Can’t wait to install it. Of course I had to change the letters.
Well done BackAlleyMatt [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have any more pictures?

7 months later
#10397 84 days ago
IMG_7603 (resized).jpegIMG_7603 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 26.50
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=frankmac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.