(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2660 1 year ago

The Scooby family friendly thread just became the purple cocks thread…eesh

7 months later
#8409 5 months ago

I’ve had Scooby CE for a few days and this game is phenomenal...Spooky's best game by far! I'm on factory settings at medium difficulty and was struggling with the vicious outlanes. The best I could do was a few mystery modes and maybe one character mode. Tonight I moved both outlane posts up to the top position and also adjusted the amplifier settings to really crank the bass and immediately it's like a different game! My previous GC went from 5.4M to 25.6M within a few games...I just blew it up and had all villain inserts lit and maybe 3 character mode inserts by the end of the game. Obtained two extra balls during that game and unmasked a bunch of villains. This game is simply awesome, what an experience when you get into the zone! The left and right outlanes still drain, but nowhere near the way they were on stock post positions. It's a tad too easy now, so I might remove the rubber rings from the outlane posts. Surprisingly, I didn't reach any of the wizard modes on that massive game, but I must have been close. Will keep trying!

Note: Had to dremel off some of the threads on the left outlane post to allow it to sit under the board that sits over it. Not a big deal and I didn't have to purchase any parts. Took all of 15 minutes to move both posts.
IMG_9285 (resized).jpegIMG_9285 (resized).jpegIMG_9294 (resized).jpegIMG_9294 (resized).jpegIMG_9295 (resized).jpegIMG_9295 (resized).jpegIMG_9297 (resized).jpegIMG_9297 (resized).jpegIMG_9302 (resized).jpegIMG_9302 (resized).jpeg

#8418 5 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I finally got around to doing the Super Lube treatment to the spinners, turned the shake on spinners off because it seems excessive and just now notice there's no sound effect for the spinners?? Please tell me there's another setting I've missed to change that. On the other hand, wow is it easy to get MM MB now.

I did the same thing the other night, lubricated both spinners with Super Lube and they spin forever now. Getting MM MB like three times a game now LOL. The stuff really works!

#8443 5 months ago

Is there an issue with the game losing track of balls during heavy multiball play in the latest code? Have had this happen a few times and a game reboot was necessary to resolve it. The game will end the ball abruptly and kill flippers while other balls are still in play and even ended a game when I had 2 extra balls achieved. Anything to look for in switch test mode, ball trough sensors, mystery machine optos/sensors, shooter lane switch etc? Is it safe to download and install the older 9/17/23 code to rule out possible code glitches?

#8448 5 months ago

Thanks much guys, the game played flawlessly for about a week no matter how many multiballs were going or how long a game was. I just installed 7 new mirror balls about a week ago and also suspected magnetism could be the issue. The issue has progressed slowly over back to back games so this makes perfect sense. Will change the balls out first and put game into switch test mode to verify trough and other switches are behaving properly.

#8454 5 months ago

Sure enough, the brand new mirror balls are magnetized. I can roll one and the ball next to it follows. Will change them now and see if issues go away

IMG_9339 (resized).jpegIMG_9339 (resized).jpeg
#8461 5 months ago

Replacing the magnetized mirror balls with 7 new balls immediately solved all issues with the game losing track of balls and going haywire. I played a 12M 15 minute game through most mystery modes, had mystery and Scooby snacks multiball, extra balls and even played through Velma’s glasses mode for the first time. The game didn’t miss a single beat. Scooby is sooooooooo good when everything works the way it should. Do NOT install mirror balls in this game or be prepared to demagnetize them often!

2 weeks later
#8763 4 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I think I got my shooter lane fixed, so that's good. Also removed that wire gate so hopefully that issue is done too.
BUT, stuck balls! This one just happened AGAIN. Anyone know how to tweak so this doesn't happen?
[quoted image]

I frequently have balls get stuck in the same spot and have to lift the glass. Frustrating…please post a solution if you find one

1 week later
#8974 4 months ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

I think i have found my issue! I asked for a second set of balls on a hunch that they might have became magnetized as a last shot gun shell. I didnt install them prior because with a toddler i barely had enough time to swap this board out and before the Dad hat went on. After dinner Pulled the balls out a nd loaded up 7 new balls. Went through the balls and found that about half (3 or so) of them became attracted to each other ever so slightly. Game started playing fine and then hit the drop target VUK shot, and game decided to not spit the ball out. Thought that was strange, looked down and noticed i had 2 balls in there. Game did a ball search and popped both balls out and i let them drain to see what would happen.
Game starting acting like a chicken with its head cut off, went into stuck switches found that trough switches 1-7 and shooter lane were on. Thinking to myself how the F** DID this game grow a ball?! look over and see 6 old balls siting on my chair. Emptied all balls in the game and found the old one( less shinny). reinstalled and game has been near perfect since.
So this is what i suspect, the game doesnt have a drain ball switch but uses the 7 switches in the trough to end the game, i believe the old balls had just enough magnetic properties to stick to each other either way momentarily even with a ball in play to close the switches in the trough triggering all balls are home. This would also explain why when i would get these random extra balls it would kill the game and then randomly try and re-start the game mid drain. This would also explain why i could get a few games error free and others needed an exorcism, same with why after a MM ball lock it would kick out that ball that was just locked. Game thought it was a ball short at times or a ball to0 many.
Suggestion to spooky if it hasnt been done already: reverse the polarity on one of the magnets in the upper playfield on the chance that a ball does become magnetic. Im not 100% but think all magnets are wired in this game the same polarity.

Funny how it's the simplest things that fix a game that's gone completely haywire, huh? My Scooby was doing the same crap and after installing 7 new non-magnetized balls, it plays flawlessly again. I actually installed new Ninja mirror balls because that's all I had, so I'm sure they'll become magnetized again after some time, I just love the way they look and play and have them in all of my pins. Glad you (we) figured out our game issues and it was something simple. Scooby is an awesome game when everything is working as it should! Moving those outlane posts in really helped me blow up the games scores as it was a complete drain monster before. I've reached "Gang's All Here' wizard mode, but not the other two modes yet...hasn't anyone else completed all three wizard modes? Looking forward to more code updates and polish for Scooby

#9114 4 months ago

Has anyone reached or completed the three wizard modes? I reached Gangs All Here last time I put some time on Scooby, but it felt like the other two wizard modes were out of reach or not coded into the game yet? Just curious if anyone’s completed all wizard modes in this game

#9117 4 months ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

I don't recall any of the wizard modes being in yet, did it give you a bonus (if you complete or st least visit iirc? all case modes it gives you a "Tour the Mansion" Addams Family bonus for 500k), or did it have an entire mode?

I only did it once and don’t remember much and there’s nothing in the high score table for wizard modes. 25M is my best as Daphne. Haven’t seen the Scooby Doo Where Are You and Would’ve Gotten Away with It wizard modes yet and was wondering if anyone else has.
IMG_0053 (resized).jpegIMG_0053 (resized).jpegIMG_0054 (resized).jpegIMG_0054 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#9779 3 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

With a wizard mode JK

There are three wizard modes in Scooby, correct? Are they all programmed into the game yet? This title just keeps getting better with code refinement. Hopefully, all of the bugs get squashed soon. I’m two code revs behind and not experiencing lockups or ball tracking/locking issues since replacing the magnetized balls and turning down the MM VUK eject power.

1 month later
#10663 69 days ago
Quoted from obnor2k2:

My Scooby CE 1242 arrived this morning. I was so stoked! The, are the carrier was unloading we noticed a gash in the box. The carrier put their forks through it and chipped and scratched the back box.
Had to refuse it and send it back. The people over at spooky are great and assured me it will be a quick turnaround. Fingers crossed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The warehouse forklift morons strike again, such a drag and completely unnecessary! You did the right thing by refusing it and hopefully Spooky gets you a replacement game in short order. Have been through this before myself, it sucks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkryder.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=darkryder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.