(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,643 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1423 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks buddy. Definitely been a fun few days working on it plus my daughters surgery. Glad I have the skills to do it.

If I were you, I would have called michelle at sti long ago and had them ship this game back to benton. Dispute the charge on your CC if spooky won't refund. You should NOT have to go through all this nonsense with a brand new pinball game.

And if I was spooky, I would have reached out via PM and told this guy we're sending a truck to pick it up and we're sending you another game. We're very very sorry for your inconvenience.

This is terrible PR for spooky.

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

That's one hell of an overreaction... May be terrible PR from your perspective which naturally is your perspective to have but from mine, everyone calm down...

Over reaction?

Have you read all of the posts about all of the issues he's had with his brand new $11k scooby doo pinball game? Sending it back and getting a refund is an under reaction in my opinion. He should also be compensated for all his time and aggrivation working on this pinball game while his daughter is going through brain surgery.

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Shit happens... These games are jostled around a ton during shipping but that rarely seems to be taken into account. Best thing to do is to take a deep breath, reach out to Spooky, and relax...

Yeah, its probably all just shipping damage from jostling around.

Those 12 holes drilled in your playfield, that cracked mystery van, Those wires that weren't soldered on properly... shipping damage.

Just relax if your $11k new pinball doesnt work. RELAX! It's not a big deal! Just like if you bought a new car and you couldn't drive it. It's OK. Just relax!

The apologists on this thread are amazing. Are y'all getting team games or what?

#1485 1 year ago

Your so so funny?!!! When have I ever said I hated the game?? And you would honestly be ok with all the problems I had? Your a joke. [quoted image]

I totally get where this guy is coming from. He got a fucking lemon from spooky and all you spooky apologists are shitting on him because he's posting about it. Thats wrong guys.

If this were my game, I'd have driven it to benton (no matter how far away it was) and thrown it through their showroom window at 1am.

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Spooky's issue with quality definitely stems from overall employee skills and (lack of) level of care (Mad_Dog_Coin_Op nailed it). It seems that no one here followed the TNA CE release. Machines well into the hundreds continued having substantial issues, and this was on a machine they have built hundreds of previously.
What I suspect from observing that release unfold is that Spooky will knowingly let machines that fail QA still go out the door in hopes that: 1. the issues are just lived with, 2. the person receiving it will just fix it and move on, 3. they know they can fix them later if solicited. There must have been some cost analysis done to determine this is the unfortunate path they have to take.
I'm still a big Spooky fan and have just basically accepted this as one of the brands caveats, which is sad, but it's also not unheard of in a niche hobby.

exactly, like the shooter lane switch that spooky employees tried numerous times to get right by drilling more and more holes and putting the switch in different places... but still couldn't get it right and eventually said FUCK IT, SEND IT OUT! The guy that got this game had the same issues that spooky couldn't fix and now he's left holding the bag. That's bullshit spooky. Buy this game back from him.

#1506 1 year ago

Sad some people can’t be objectionable, but just be pure fan boys and apologist.

when you're in spookys pocket like some are here in this thread, you have no choice. You must obey and defend the mothership at all cost lest you not get another early "team game".

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

You can scroll past.

Not if you're in spooky's pocket you can't. You must defend at all cost.

#1519 1 year ago

JUST SEND IT!

trying to get everyone's game out quickly (because we are all impatient) and skipped some checks and balances. I could be wrong but I truly believe they have realized that was a mistake.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 23.95
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 79.99
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider d0n.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=d0n and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.