(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,642 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by alexorear
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
#687 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

I feel like backing out on buying now. It's a shame cause I feel the same about Rick N Morty, it's got great call outs and whatever but actual play sucks.

to each his own, I love R&M but understand why others may not

#842 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Those rods can be spread out super easy man if there is a small tight spot. You do not have to pull your upper playfield at all even to replace the whole thing. I think you need some rest man.

possibly, but how does this not get caught in testing?

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

No thanks.... I don’t want to lose a location because I’m a guinea pig and the game breaks every 5 seconds.
Back in the day, Williams would test games at a location a couple months prior to selling them. They would tweak rules, inserts, mechanisms, based on feedback and tech issues that popped up during test. Keyword here is THEY.... wms would send THEIR techs, engineers, even designers out to do the tweaking.
It’s not my job to do any of that. My job is to buy and put stuff out on route that works initially. If I have to do continuing work due to wear and tear, so be it, but I’m not here to help a company DEVELOP their product.

Agree - if they want the first 50 users to be beta testers - they should sell those games at a discount, other wise I would expect a functioning machine with minimal adjustments

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No it’s just jerk on her who think I should not post any issues and email spooky only. I posted on her to get some help and also point out problems so Spooky can see the issues. Yes I was stressed and my daughter just had brain surgery last Wednesday and I wanted her to be able to play it before she went in.
Then I had some more issues to deal with that made it unplayable like a ground wire that was only hanging on by one strand of wire apparently and I had no idea where it went to because the action button, launch button, and right flippers would not work.
The green habitrail ended up tweaked when put in the ball would get stuck.
One of the coin reject buttons LED light socket ground wire was not soldered on.
The start button did not have an LED in it.
The launch button LED was dead.
The rear left microswitch was missing the threaded end bracket to screw it to the bracket, so it was hanging down.
The right upper flipper was down too low causing the ball to get stuck on the upper playfield. Was not fun tightening that down but figured it out myself on what needs to be done.
My point is this stuff should have been caught at the factory and I was told they were trying to get the game out. Even though mine was born on 12-22-2022.
I love the game and I support spooky, but this was things that should have been caught. Down vote me anyone if you want. Just don’t be a fanboy or try to make me look like I hate spooky. I paid over $10k for the game, but if Stern had issues like this you wouldn’t tell me just to email Stern.
Owners threads are to report problems and possibly solutions to them. And also any code issues, which I did and still got down voted by a troll.
Enjoy your game everyone.

I agree, and at least you have the skills to fix the issues.
A lot of us don't have the time, patience and skill required to address all the problems you had to.
Honestly, with all the health issues your family has been dealing with, I am amazed you have remained as composed as you have. I probably would of had a melt down and shipped the game back. Nobody is questioning the support Spooky provides, it's just baffling how some of this issues made it past quality control.

Also, didn't Spooky say they hold the first 50 games longer before shipping to go extra over it for quality control?

1 week later
#2070 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

Alright folks, I might need some talking down.
I'm currently in line with SD #401. I've never bought a NIB pinball before. Obviously, reading through this thread has been a wild ride. Lots of issues, which doesn't seem too surprising as it's early. But some of the build quality issues are alarming. And that was just heightened by a podcast episode I listened to.
I recently started listening to "Bro, do you even talk pinball." I find it entertaining with generally good info. On their recent episode, they both just laid into Spooky as a pinball manufacturer. And I mean, they let em have it. Talking about issues their past pins have had, things not working out of the box, shoddy soldering jobs, all sorts of things. I'll be honest; it really got me worried. I know Spooky is active on here and everyone says how good their customer service is, and that's awesome. But how concerned should I be that these build quality issues keep coming up on all of their releases?
Believe me, I WANT to be convinced to stick with my pre-order because I think the game looks very fun. But 10 grand is A LOT of money to throw at a company that doesn't appear to be learning much from their past mistakes.
I don't mean to be so negative. I've been hyped about this from the time I first learned about it. I'm hoping to hear some positive things that will convince me to get hyped again. Hearing what I did in that podcast was a bit shocking though. Am I putting too much stock in the opinions of just a couple dudes?

I had the same fears after following the R&M thread, but mine has been flawless

1 week later
#2669 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, but on a side note
You guys have pinball machine collections worth $50,000 and up and have them plugged in to cheap power strips instead of quality surge protectors?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2671 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I run all my games off a few APC LE1200 Line-R Automatic Voltage Regulators. I'm taking no chances with that.

Agree 100%
I bought one of these, a few hundred dollars seems worth the investment

"Non-sacrificial filter technology repeatedly suppresses worst case surges and removes EMI/RFI noise disturbances from the power line without wear or degradation to the components"

https://zerosurge.com/8r-series/
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2673 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Another option is to have an electrician install a Whole House surge suppressor in your main panel.
Protects the whole house, including stuff you can't unplug during a heavy thunderstorm.
RM[quoted image]

probably a good idea regardless, but my guess is the zerosurge still offers superior protection

<sorry didn't mean to hijack the owners thread - but I cringe when I see these expensive machines plugged into $10 power strips or cheap surge protectors>

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Unplugging them costs 0 dollars and is the most effective pull out method.

agree, but mine are a pain to unplug - I have to craw under the machines and most of them have subs underneath them

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Nice surprise today.
Instead of hanging out at TPF we are in Baltimore (visiting daughter and in-laws)…
Daughter surprised us with a visit to Holy Fijoles- a downtown Baltimore bar with 20 pinball tables (and Mexican food!).
The pinball collection crosses several decades with many top titles. Just yesterday they received their Scooby Doo!
So I had to buy a bunch of plays…
SD is definitely beautiful. Shots need to be dialed in and the upper playfield can be a little tricky. Yes you can keep firing the ball up the middle to get to the upper playfield and the background music can be monotonous. However, the modes and shots are pretty cool and you get well rewarded for finishing a mode.
Ball speed was on the slower side and ball play tended to be a little long (but not outrageous by any means).
I did keep putting quarters in…
Summary: beautiful game that is a winner. Should do well on site from a theme standpoint. Home owners will enjoy. Look forward to playing more!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy Fijoles is not far from me, didn't know they had a Scooby, will have to check it out

2 months later
#5795 10 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I can't believe they would WANT to be responsible for a $10k box if they can just give it to you. I know R&L is always really anxious to get it out of their hands ASAP. The longer they have it the more likely they will be on the hook for damages.

Freight companies move shipments worth much more than that everyday

1 month later
#6592 8 months ago
Quoted from mooshue:

Deco Flip & Games on Facebook makes these incredible glass covers. They have a websitr too but none of this stuff is listed there or at least my french isn't good enough to find them.
Thick foam with high resolution matching artwork. Well worth the $, approx $100.
They look so incredible on the machines if you appreciate the art of machines as much as I do.[quoted image]

$100 for stolen artwork off the internet? Pass

1 month later
#7362 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Ok, I'm on the fence about to fall off, so sell me on getting a Scooby Doo. I'm all-in on the theme, just never had a Spooky before and I can only go by what I read and hear. Apparently there are are some concerns with reliability and some say it's not so easy to maintain with limited access to certain areas of playfield. Again, love me some Scoob, but hope some actual owners can chime in. Thanks.

I felt the same way as I waited for my R&M - but I got it and have yet to have any issues

3 months later
#9390 3 months ago
Quoted from curban:

Sorta disappointed to see spooky go for the topper cash grab.
That said…it looks pretty cool.

Spooky is a business, their purpose is to make money - it's not a charity
Literally everything they do is a cash grab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 26.50
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.