(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,589 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Pugster
  • Topic is favorited by 301 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adborto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1199 1 year ago

I really hope all of this is worked out. I wouldn’t know where to begin with testing things on brick game. I should rephrase that, I do not have time to fix a brand new game with issues and would not feel like I should have to after paying $10,000+. Sure a couple of adjustments are fine, but some of these stories are concerning. Right now if I have an issue, Automated has been awesome in helping me. I’m not sure how a game could be serviced without a local distributor here in MA. Pile on if you’d like to and trust me I have my fair share of bad games, but at these prices - I personally feel like the product should be close to perfect. Great to see all of the support from Spooky. I hope you do take a pause and get things sorted out at the factory. We are all used to waiting, especially for this license and game. You did a great job turning Scooby into a pinball machine.

#1283 1 year ago

That noise would drive me crazy. I have high hope for this game, but this is getting tough seeing all of these issues.

#1287 1 year ago

That’s good news because that is loud. I tried this on my other games and no noise like that is coming from inside the cabinet when the door is open. Most of these will be in a home with only a few games on or just one. It’s not like an arcade where you have the little annoyances drowned out. Here is to hoping #238 has no issues.

#1295 1 year ago

I see your point. However at these prices everything should work out of the box. These are not issues that happen “during shipping”. I have had my fair share of problem pins and it appears to me that at least Stern has been a lot better and ironically I’ve never had an issue with CGC or API.

#1299 1 year ago

I’ve been in the hobby since 1997. I know exactly what you are talking about and I knew someone would make this argument. At some point you need to find a way to make a *new* game without so many issues out of the box. To each their own I suppose and that is perfectly fine.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Let us know when you find one.

I have. What is your point? We already have addressed pinballs have issues.

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

We too received our machine on Friday, but unfortunately had the opposite result... machine is unplayable and should never have left the factory in the state we received it.
We spent hours trying to get the machine working, but it is going to need parts. Sadly it had to be turned off for our Vancouver regional tournament on Saturday, not a great first impression for the 50+ players that attended the event.
I will be working with Spooky next week to get it working, but frankly I should not have to spend a day pulling a brand new machine apart. I will share what we find and what the fixes were once everything is resolved.

This is exactly what I mean. You should not have to do any of that.

#1451 1 year ago

These are beyond issues that happen during shipping.

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

No doubt some issues like bad connections/crimps/solder jobs are not a shipping thing at all. But... Alignment issues, loose connectors, things like that absolutely could be. Not trying to argue with you as I don't disagree but I also don't completely agree either if that makes any sense at all.

I get it and understand. I’m not trying to throw rocks from my glass house. My businesses get things wrong all of the time. We are constantly trying to be better. I’m done drinking the kool-aid with all of these companies. These are things that just shouldn’t be happening. Not for this amount of money. Someone said that I was in the wrong hobby and when I read that I almost spit out my coffee. Yup pinballs require work, but a NIB game should absolutely not - period. Why should anyone have to spend time correcting issues that should have been caught at the factory? Sure if I buy your players condition taxi - I would expect to work on it, but not NIB. This isn’t Spooky specific either. All of these manufacturers should be building a better product. My last two NIB from Stern had zero issues. That was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully when my Scooby comes up #238 I believe - it is perfect. I shouldn’t have to waste my time calling, emailing, waiting, etc., etc. on correcting a new game. That’s great if customer service is excellent, but why should “we” have to do all of the work on something new that cost over $10,000?

#1486 1 year ago

Couldn’t agree more!

#1493 1 year ago

I feel bad for him too. There is not harm in sharing his story. If anything it is helpful.

#1592 1 year ago

Is anyone unboxing a game tonight or this week? Would love to hear some feedback from you!

#1649 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Looking for some suggestions on how to fix this problem.
A strong shot from the left flipper into the mystery machine makes the ball bounce back, missing the scoop. However, a soft shot from the right flipper lets the ball go in the scoop. Should I add something to the back of this plate to prevent the ball from bouncing?
[quoted image]

Hope Cliffy is making a set for this game.

#1650 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

#69 works perfect out of the box. All lights look good. I had to open up the green wireform a little but was able to just do that with my fingers. Loving the game so far!
[quoted image]

This is great to hear! How are you enjoying the game so far?

1 week later
#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's weird that pinball has gotten to the point where it's so about ownership that location play is supposed to be gate-kept into some kind of ghetto.
I'm not going to argue about this, you don't like that I took the time to write up my thoughts after playing the game for people asking questions about the game so be it. I think your outrage is misplaced.

I agree with you Aurich. You wrote a spot on review too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 14.95
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adborto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=adborto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.