(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#219 1 year ago

Getting excited now. Spreadsheet puts me at July 4th - hope that is conservative, we host a 4th of July party and would love to have it before then.

1 week later
#677 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

This game felt like WORK

I am glad to hear this. From the initial stream which Bug and company made it look easy I was a little concerned about depth. In a modern pin I want it to be difficult which equates to being interesting for a long time. I hope any future grandkids are flipping this with me years from now, and at that time I will put it on the easy settings, glad to have that option. For just flipping/simple rules, I have a ton of choices in my basement like Pinbot or Getaway. Honestly I don't understand "retro" modern pins unless they were also retro priced . For mindless flipping, get an Em or SS or 80s pin. They are great. For me, I think this pin is screaming fun and challenging and value. I am even more excited and will find it hard to wait to June...

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It’s trending down and not at the bottom yet. Spooky has a great sales model to eliminate flippers. However it drops the value for every buyer.

I count six ads out of how many sold so far - not even 1%. Not much of a trend. Heck, some of those are probably flippers who didn't learn anything from Halloween/UM and some are probably because their wife found out they ordered one in the first place...

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Potentially a break in the ground wire somewhere? Can you test continuity of the ground wire between a working switch and a non-working one on that same connector?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Well I figured out the issue why the launch, action, and flipper buttons were not working. I was not getting continuity from the ground wire from the harness to the right flipper.

spooky_dj good call. I had good service from Stern the one time I called them for a known issue for Munsters so I won't knock them. Also with American for support on Houdini. Gotta say though, you are the only ones on pinside willing to openly discuss issues and find solutions, especially when you are getting hammered and IMO frequently unfairly. Pinball are boutique, bespoke hand made items, and not made by the 10s of thousands or million (hence the cost) Even mass produced items have issues (Xbox red circle of death for instance). I have a brand new Samsung washer, under warranty with a bad relay and a crazy process to get it fixed (just give me a new board for Pete's sake).
I know these issues on Scooby will all get worked out by the time my number rolls around, but if I have to do some tweaking on my own, its pinball - what's new. For those at the front of the line, congrats and thank you for working through issues that will make my build and all subsequent builds better.
Spooky, thank you for putting together a great package that will only get better, and thanks for the extraordinary service and responsiveness.
Oh, and the one time I had an issue with my UM through my own bone headed actions, thank Morgan for the excellent, above and beyond support.

2 weeks later
#2284 1 year ago

Is anyone else getting there ball stuck in the pic besides me and flynnibus? I did again last night. I feel if the ball is not going fast enough that is when it gets stuck. Going to test it and check the clearance today.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Again.. just prop up the plastic. Put a small sticky foot on it or cut up a rubber like I did and posted in this thread.

This seems like a pretty minor issue to keep bringing up (I count six times AFTER flynnibus posted a quick and easy solution in post #1923). There appears to be a lot of pinsiders in the Phoenix area that can probably help you with this and maybe some of your other issues too. I know there are different levels of confidence and/or ability when it comes to pin maintenance, that is 100% ok. I think most people just made the quick fix which is why no has answered your question.

I was actually surprised how many pinsider's there are in the Phoenix area, must be a great pinball community.

#2778 1 year ago

Just played Scooby Doo at TPF - awesome can't wait till late June when ours should be rolling off the line! My wife was wearing a scooby shirt that matched a print Bug had signed by Scott Innes so he gave it to her! Thanks Bug and Spooky for creating a great family friendly game!

20230324_172535.jpg20230324_172535.jpg20230324_173137.jpg20230324_173137.jpg20230324_173834.jpg20230324_173834.jpg
#2783 1 year ago

This is our first year. Have been to Expo several times and decided we should make some time this year for TPF (before all the new game announcements). Glad we did, worth the trip and it is just the first day. Picked up a "shannon" too.

20230324_185825.jpg20230324_185825.jpg
1 week later
#3032 1 year ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

I JUST noticed the Snow Ghost at the top of the front bit of art under the lockdown bar after 4 months.

Made me look

1 week later
#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

If thats scares you off buy preowned every time from all manufacturers.

But if you buy a good working preowned machine, don't transport it or play games on it, because both things can also result in issues. Ultimately pinballs are commercial equipment that have migrated to predominately the home market, but they still require by design more maintenance and care than a television set or a washing machine. It is part of pinball ownership, and for every pin that comes in with no issues, there is one next to it that does. My Ultraman has had no major issues at all, solid build. Some minor design issues (exposed LED strip, right orbit switch), but nothing like no fuses between the transformer and bridge rectifier my system 11s had. Most of what you need you can get help on, I am keeping a list of things to check on Scooby when I get mine due to folks posting their experiences and the help they received here. And yes, in a very few cases, you might have a lemon - but dealing with Spooky is better than some other manufacturers for sure. The only way to be 100% sure is not to buy pinballs, and play on location. Is that really an option?

BTW the controller on my brand new washing machine went out, luckily under warranty (try getting them to service something out of warranty). I narrowed the problem down to two relays on the motherboard, but they coat the motherboard in a plastic so had to get service to bring out a new board (two trips, one to diagnose what I already knew and one to bring out the part) for two $5 parts. They are making hundreds and thousands, and this time I got one with an issue that I could have even fixed except for their motherboard design.

1 week later
#3940 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Spooky sold 1750 HW/UM and 1964 Scoobys. They haven't been small in years. Haggis is small.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Just because they aren't Stern or JJP doesn't mean they're small.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also. Stern is the only company that I don’t consider small.

In terms of modern manufacturing, all pinball companies are small (some more than others like Haggis, and certainly Stern is on the bubble of being a large business). To put it into perspective, here are some unit sales and some issues of other products...

Playstation 5, 7.8 million units sold in 2020 - some issues with rest mode crashes, external hard drive corruption
Iphone, 220 million units sold in 2022 - overheating and battery issues
Telsa 1.31 million units sold in 2022 - rear camera and truck issues
Samsung Washers - hard to tell but they had a recall of 2.6 million top loading washers built between 2011 and 2016 because of a defect. Also, my brand new Samsung washer had relays on the board go out after just five months - not repairable based on design, had to have a new board installed.
Lamborghini 2022 - 9,233 (at over $200k and up) mushy and faulty brakes, premature wear and tear, easy exterior damage, dangerous fuel leak on their SUV

Yes, we should want our pinball machines to 100% work out of the box but at the quantities made, the complexity of the product, the price/value point - it will not happen anytime soon. We should consider them bespoke - only 1,969 Scooby pinball machines in the entire world - heck it is easy to get a Rolex watch (1.05 million in 2021, $4K-$18K) Escada's Couture Swarovski Crystal Jeans ($7,500) or even a high end Expresso machine ($2-$15K) and I would argue you get a lot less for the price. And in all of those cases, how many manufacturers do you think would come on a forum like this, listen, problem solve and continue to make improvements AFTER the sale (and to be fair, this also applies to other pinball manufacturers as well, but Spooky is definitely at the top for customer service).

1 month later
#5678 10 months ago
Quoted from CletusTheSuprDog:

Number 553 invoiced today, bought direct from Spooky.
I also want to complain because the invoice was paid an hour ago and I don’t have the game at my house yet. Sad!
Ok, yeah that would be unreasonable but I am very excited
Zoinks!

Yeah, just paid my invoice today as well - 552. Looks promising to have before the 4th of July...

2 weeks later
#6079 10 months ago

#552 Delivered - just in time for me to get it set up and dialed in for our 4th of July party! Pretty excited, just need to decide where this will sit in the lineup - next to my other widebodys (JD and STTNG) or next to my other SpookyPinball Ultraman - decisions, decisions...

SD delivered (resized).pngSD delivered (resized).png

1 month later
#7212 8 months ago

Well,
I got Scooby just over a month ago but just now got him into the line up this weekend. Everything is working straight out of the box. I need to get the software update loaded, the lantern mod installed and the outlane changes, but wow, what a game. Super fun, it is going to be played A LOT!
Also, the topper just squeezed in under the ceiling with a full quarter inch (.64 cm) to spare...

20230826_211441.jpg20230826_211441.jpg
1 week later
#7377 7 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

If you dont have them yet, anyone with a Scooby or ANY pinball machine with art blades, REALLY needs a set of these:

Interior Cabinet Game Blade Protector Set
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

Couldn't agree more. I won't lift a PF on a pin that has blades without putting these on first. Very cheap insurance.

1 month later
#7932 6 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

They have around 200-300 CE left according to Bug two weeks ago on a live stream.

I asked him yesterday at Expo, he said a couple of hundred so closer to 200 now. A couple of the machines they had there had sold signs on them already early on. I see them making quite a few sales this weekend.

1 month later
#8546 5 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

Who ate their Scooby snacks that came with the machine. Mine were technically expired, but I assume everyone is going to “keep” them for sentimental value?

I ordered a case from Amazon for guests who play Scooby

https://www.amazon.com/Kelloggs-Scooby-Doo-Graham-Cracker-Cinnamon/dp/B0879N1QV3/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

scooby (resized).jpgscooby (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9494 3 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

I think they mean the topper has playable mode via the LCD not a mode

It reminded me of the Junkyard video mode where you shoot toast at Spike the dog as he chases the girl. Maybe you are shooting Scooby snacks at Scooby or the villain...

#9497 3 months ago

OK, just ordered. I too got the $70 shipping rate which does seem very high for just 300 miles... I ordered something else as well though and that rate was for both items together.

Quoted from RussMyers:

How much higher is this than the topper that ships with the CE, i.e. how much more room, if any, will people need above their game to fit it?

Quoted from lpeters82:

It's a little bit shorter then the CE topper.

My current topper is just 1/4" from the ceiling, so this is actually good for me.

1 month later
#10847 54 days ago

I'm 2143, ordered Jan 3rd as well so looks like that was a great day for Spooky and they sold a lot of toppers. I will get it when I get it. It took 16 months for my Alien pinball, and still waiting on the Alien topper ordered at expo so two-three months in pinball terms doesn't even register as a long wait. Even when getting Scooby originally (and Ultraman), based on your number and the production time (which is always pretty transparent with Spooky) it was pretty easy to determine when to expect it. I actually got Scooby just before the 4th of July last year, a few days earlier than expected and in time for the holiday, so was pretty stoked about that.

1 week later
#10931 47 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah I loved that on the Houdini we had. Actually miss that game but no one else here does lol.

Yes, I miss my Houdini a little bit as well, and crossing the arms in the straight jacket mode is classic. Crossing the arms is the way to go to play reverse flippers.

Quoted from Ikara:

I’m also strangely excited about the scoring recalibration.

Never been a fan of low scoring, but also not a fan of super high scoring as well. Scoring needs to be "just right" with a very good game being in the 200 million range.

Quoted from Wildbill327:

I can’t wait to sink my teeth into it.

This is an amazing looking update. Really, Spooky's software has come a long way with the UM/Halloween updates, Scooby, and the TCM/LT launch software. They have really gotten a handle on this and it shows.

#10958 46 days ago

When did you place your order? I was on the first day later that day. I am order 2140

Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Yipee, I am 2104! I must be next!

Bug said on his twitch stream 10-20 are being shipped per week. I am 143, so I am thinking it is going to be six-eight weeks.

#10966 46 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can you qualify the final wizard mode by initiating all the villain modes but not defeating all of them?

Yes

Quoted from PinDeadHead:

When is the new code expected to drop?

In beta testing now, all that was said is soon.

1 week later
#11261 37 days ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

What's the general opinion on this?

I think it fits, the gang does go to the graveyard of ships in the episode and it is on the artblade.

shipwreck-graveyard (resized).jpgshipwreck-graveyard (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ReadyPO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=ReadyPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.