(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#254 1 year ago

Reposting this shipping projection link from the hype thread. I will be updating this as more data comes available to try to improve accuracy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QT6pLWCz6zfD6O60faflVdOORvC-GGtWVXo8sjQlzZ4/edit#gid=0

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Alrighty, made some more stat changes to the spreadsheet, most noticably it'll show the last confirmed delivery date, so no hunting to find it. I'll probably work in which pin # it was too, but that'll come later tonight. Someone else added an editions count. That's inaccurate, I would think, because Spooky never actually said each edition is getting x amount released, no?

Yeah, the way Spooky sells there is no way of knowing the final edition counts until they are sold out.
I think the values are rough placeholders to allocate people build numbers for all editions.
I wouldn't be surprised if some late order CEs end up with #s in the 1900s.

#430 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I've screwed up side blades many times before the protectors were a thing and it really bummed me out. There's no telling how many times those things have saved my bacon since owning them.
[quoted image]

I love my protectors as well, I just have to remember to use them.
All too often i pop the machine open and get the PF lifted and stop and think "DAMMIT"

#458 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I printed a P-Touch label that says "PUT IN THE PROTECTORS!!!" and stuck in on the lockdown receiver, it's not fool (drunk) proof but it has stopped me a few times.

Brilliant!

#460 1 year ago

Project Pinball Scooby raffle sold out in 30 min.

#852 1 year ago

Personally I want the job of rolling pinballs through all the wire-form ramps prior to installation.
Sounds like a job i am qualified for.

#874 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

She’s done. Waiting to go to the ICU. She’s really nauseous and head hurts, but otherwise good. Hopefully be released Friday morning.
[quoted image]

Congrats! And wishing for a speedy recovery.

2 weeks later
#2087 1 year ago

Streamers and influencers make their $$$ off hits and visits. The more they sensationalize something, good/bad/indifferent the more notoriety and thus money they make. I don't really follow streams much, i find them rather boring.

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Quick question... I'm order 500 and something, and just wondering roughly where the orders are right now?
Also, for those who have received their CEs, how are you finding the game?
I have a FF LE and PF LE on order as well, and I'm starting to feel like I might let one thing go.
If you were waiting on these 3 titles, and decided to give up one of them, would it be Scooby?

Following the posts in here about games received, we are at approx 100.
I keep an eye on the deliveries to tweak the projection spreadsheet if needed.
#500 should hit roughly early to mid June.

#2228 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Does anyone know what the best estimate for Scooby Doos weekly build rate is? Trying to estimate when should expect my #1015.

I am showing October 9th. It will likely move to the left however.
Spooky is running roughly 30/wk right now, but when they hit their stride it may be as high as 40/wk.

#2570 1 year ago

#2 what I did last night was when locking the lock down bar I pressed down on the left side of the bar. That helps to make it tighter and for me very little play on the left side.

If lockbars are tight or fail to latch it is usually a leveling issue.
There are posts on Pinside where folks attempt to force the bar and have had their glass explode into their game.
Be sure to get the balance right.

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I'm curious if the scoring could be adjusted in the code. I know a lot of the reward in playing comes from achieving big scores. My buddy loves Godzilla because it "throws points at you".
My 5 year old loves the newer Sterns like Mando and JP and Godzilla. He hits scores of 100 million + and he gets so much joy out of seeing such big numbers. I'm sure the inner kid in us feels that same feeling. I know I like that rewarding feeling.
So when Scooby arrives and he's only hitting 1 or 2 million I know he's going to feel defeated and bummed. I think he'll lose the desire to keep playing quickly and want to jump back to the other tables.
I'm curious why Spooky isn't going the same route to give big scores and reward players with that feeling of a big score. I'm concerned the average player will lose interest like my son simply because they don't get that big game thrill.
Will people want to keep coming back and diving deeper into the game when their score makes it seem like they're not doing as well as other tables?

As many games have Adult mode, Perhaps they should have a kid's mode that adds 2 zeroes on the end of scores.

1 week later
#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

My game is coming Monday. This is my first pinball machine. Should I wax the playfield on setup? Or do I have to wait a few months since it's new?
I believe I had also seen a post somewhere about turning down the power settings to extend the life of components that are higher than need, what settings should I adjust out of the box?

Congratulations!
You likely won't need to wax the PF for sometime. It is far more important to keep it clean and keep the balls clean to reduce wear.
Pinball is a very subjective hobby. Waxing will make a PF VERY fast and for some almost unplayable.
You can listen to other's opinions on power and playability, but you should play the game and adjust if you feel you need to. These games are built to be put into the wild and played by people that don't own them, and are powered on for most of a day 7 days a week. You will likely only turn it on when you want to play it, so parts won't likely have a shortened life expectancy.
Enjoy your game and don't worry about it too much.

#3238 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have been chatting with Mr_Tantrum about an emblem for the LD bar for Scooby but I need some ideas on what it should look like or say and what color(s) it should be.
Can you guys toss out some ideas please?
TIA

Silhouettes of the gang running towards or away from an enemy might fit.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#3823 1 year ago

Installed Back Alley Creations mods. I used glue dots for the rock trail. The supplied 3m raised the rocks up a bit too much for more liking. With the glue dots it’s lays flat. Had to put Shannon more towards the back because his head would not clear the glass.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey BallyKISS1978 in that last picture i noticed why you had trouble placing "Shannon" and the others. The clips should be outside the wireform rails not inside. This way they sit lower and you can slide them down the rail further.

#3911 1 year ago

IMHO Spooky will stop being small when they stop replying to posts on Pinside.

#4031 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

The SD I play on location has a pretty wobbly lockdown bar. I hope this is not a normal thing.

The gold screws in the images above are the adjustment to tighten a loose lockdown bar.

#4038 1 year ago

3 months later
#6666 8 months ago

Hi Folks,

Loving Scooby Doo, it'a a big hit in my collection.
Like others i have been plagued with the soft auto-launch ghost in the machine.
Launch coil set to 85.
After reading through the forums i began tinkering myself.
I compared the mech to my other machines.
Most specifically my TNA which has the same launch mech as SD, and it has zero auto launch issues.
A big difference between the two is the playfield extension to anchor the mech on TNA.

TNA MechTNA Mech

I had already removed any left/right space in the hinge but there was still a slight up/down wiggle in the hinge mount, I removed it and bent the tab 90° with vise grips, which will allow me to screw it into the PF if I need to.
For now I am relying on the added tension of the bend to help. If this gets weak again, i will drill a hole and add a screw.

Bent hinge mechBent hinge mech

Hinge mech back in placeHinge mech back in place

I also noticed the ball wasn't touching the launch prongs evenly.

Ball not touching launch prongs evenlyBall not touching launch prongs evenly

Instead of separating the prongs, i squeezed then together to improve contact points.

Prongs closer nowProngs closer now

I have only played a few games (as it is a work day) but so far not a single failure.
I will let folks know if it comes back.

2 months later
#7893 6 months ago

Saw this at Krispy Kreme today.

20231015_082015 (resized).jpg20231015_082015 (resized).jpg20231015_082055 (resized).jpg20231015_082055 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Morinack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=Morinack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.