(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,651 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by cosmokramer
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1460 1 year ago

I think the core staff at Spooky is great. They love pinball and are doing a great job of delivering a unique product. That being said, I think the workforce pool in that small town is hurting them. It takes a certain type of person to work on a pin. Some of that can be taught, but the desire needs to be there. I am afraid that some of the people assembling the games for them now aren't people who would be working in the industry if other jobs were available. I see the same problem in my industry, and I live in Los Angeles. It has to be way worse for Spooky. Their hiring pool is tiny. That town is super small and remote. To be honest, they are probably hiring anyone who wants a job. I think this is where the quality problem is coming from. The crimps on my Halloween were awful. I had to redo a bunch of them. The solder job seen on a couple of these Scooby-Doo(s) was terrible. Lots of stuff is leaving the factory without being connected. Additional training is only go to approve things so much. Hopefully, they can sort things out.

#1804 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I don't like the fully enclosed habitrails in games just seems like it changes the clean look of a 2 wire track. I love the AC thin metal 90 as a trail that crosses the playfield. On my Fish Tales I was going to cut out the tops on the cages to clean it up.
On this game is the ball traveling so fast they need totally enclosure or will I be able to cut off the tops on the caged trails?

Don't snip Scooby. He won't like that.

1 month later
#4212 12 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Here is the coil whine as I got asked about it. Glass off. Even with glass on it’s worse than my tinnitus lol.

Is that 100% from the coils or is some of that coming through the speakers? It is awful, regardless.

#4236 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Is it switchable from 110 to 220? I knew the output voltage was adjustable. When I was waiting for Spooky to respond after the first board I did check the output voltage on the lugs of the PSU at the back and they were good. Only one time point though, maybe it's intermittently fluctuating it's voltage and causing problems, not sure.

How old is your house? Do you have a outlet tester. If so, plug it into the wall and the game's service outlet. You might have a ground or polarity issue.

#4255 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

If this pin was for me I wouldn't have the motivation anymore. It's my 5 year old. He loves scooby doo. Everyday he's asking if I can fix it so he can play and I hate seeing him disappointed when he's been so excited about having it. Spooky has been supportive since day 1.

Is Spooky asking for the bad boards back? It is pretty easy to get those surface mounted transistors off with a soldering iron or heat gun. You could easily make 2 good boards out of the 3 you have. That doesn't change the fact you have something wrong with your game. It sounds to me like a factory wiring issue or a bad power supply at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.50
$ 23.95
$ 14.95
$ 14.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.