(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #224 Tracker sheet Posted by La4s (1 year ago)

Post #600 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (RnM) Posted by manadams (1 year ago)

Post #601 LCD Screen Settings suggestions for optimal pop (Ultraman) Posted by RussMyers (1 year ago)

Post #1021 IE Pinball streaming an early production Scooby. Posted by Morgoth00 (1 year ago)

Post #1671 Topper height measured. Posted by monitorpop (1 year ago)

Post #1678 Overall height of game with topper. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Post #1792 Mystery machine scoop rejects - flipper power fix Posted by Sethman (1 year ago)

Post #1847 Backbox width measured. Posted by BKPitmaster (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 1 year ago

Checking in to the owners thread! Bye bye hype thread! Exciting times! I'm looking forward to some unboxing pics and videos asap!!

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Let’s try this again.
Anyone get an invoice for a Butter cab game yet?
I wondered if there were butters in this early batch?

My understanding is that there is no separate invoicing for butter cabs. Invoices are sent out in order of build #. Once you recieve your invoice, you specify whether you want butter or not. Therefore no one has technically recieved an invoice for a butter cabinet. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This is my first time around with Spooky.

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

Not likely to see my SD CE before October but it is never to early to accessorize! The lit SD cup (green flowered base with blue rim), are these in production yet or are these still a work in progress?

Remember, Spooky is including a custom Pingulp for free with every CE. It's not lit up, but it is Scooby themed and it's free.

#240 1 year ago

I think it's funny as hell that Spooky still pokes fun at the great missing latch debacle

For anyone that's unfamiliar with this madness, the fun starts here... you're welcome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/23#post-5099304

Screenshot_20230220_150842_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230220_150842_Brave (resized).jpg

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Has anyone who ordered a butter can gotten their invoice yet?

Read back in the thread a bit. See post #143 and next few posts after that.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I did assume that in this hobby, buyers were extremely anxious to get their games and you didn’t have this problem. Guess that’s not always the case.

Definitely a SHITLOAD of flakes in the hobby. Tire kickers, window shoppers, wafflers, whatever you choose to call them. They're out there for sure. Spookys policy and ordering system is pretty awesome. At least you have a number and based on production times, you know roughly where you stand. Don't sweat it man, you're in good hands.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

What action are you hoping to drive with this insight? This team is super transparent on the production levels and exceeding other manufacturer level communication.

I'm not sure what you were reading there, but I don't think he was trying to drive any particular action. He simply was describing a situation that happens quite regularly in the pinball world. A game is announced, people line up and pay deposits. 6 to 12 months later, some people still don't have their game in hand. A new machine is announced or a deal on a used machine comes up. A certain number of people will without a doubt cancel their old deposit and move along to the new opportunity that has arisen. It's a fact. Happens all the time. That's all he was saying. There was no negative criticism towards Spooky in his statement.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Yup, sorry. Misread; too late and one too many drinks.

Lol, been there, done that

#405 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Care to share what’s required to take it off? Any dos or donts? Looks like everyone is having to take this off for service in the first week. Haha

I was going to ask the same question. What's involved in removing it? Inevitably it will have to come off to service flipper mechs. Even it that's years down the road.

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, wow...what am I looking at here?
[quoted image]
First time I'm seeing the "discworld" mechanics for the mystery bus. What is going on there? Like, seems really big for just a physical ball lock, but it looks multilevel, with several areas to drop a ball through (like to right orbit). What happens when the ball shoots from the playfield into the mystery machine shot.....does it go down into a VUK into this mech, which then either holds the ball in an area or diverts back to the right orbit or ? Interested to see it without the top plastic on it.
Also just shows how loaded this pin is....with this whole mech here for the mystery machine, plus the upper playfield, and 4 flippers, 5 wireforms, 2 drop target banks, 2 spinners, sculpts, custom art, etc.....crazy.

There's even artwork on the top of the disc mechanism that isn't even visible when the game is assembled. That's pretty sharp.

#417 1 year ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Told the wife we had to get a couple games ready to sell pay for Scooby Doo. Look who had time to come do cabinet touch ups all of a sudden.
I’m kidding. Asked her for some help as her hand is a hell of a lot steadier than mine. Still funny because it was for Scooby Doo.
[quoted image]

That black ink container right next to her leg sitting on that yellow carpet has my nerves in a wreck!!! Lol

#431 1 year ago

Come on guys, I'm at a high school band concert against my will..... talk about something...... anything!!!
4ledh3 (resized).jpg4ledh3 (resized).jpg

#434 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Hey man. How's the concert?

Lol, shitty. Hasn't even started yet. They're running behind schedule and it's hotter than Satans jock strap in this fuckin' auditorium

#440 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Did you score front row center seats?

Hellz no. We sat in the back (part of my negotiations for going). That way I could play on my phone without disturbing others.

Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Here’s a pic for you. I have some external stadium lights set on 25%. The playfield is gorgeous.
[quoted image]

Very nice!!!

#445 1 year ago

They're available and they look AWESOME!!!

Screenshot_20230224_074507_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224_074507_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224_074522_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230224_074522_Brave (resized).jpg
#448 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

These guys make nice products but I would struggle to cover up that beautiful powder coat on the CE coin door and speaker panel.

I'm buying one for the speaker panel. It's just too much empty green space for me. I'm leaving the coin door as is. I needed a few for some other games as well. Order placed!

#455 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'll unfortunately have to wait several months before I get my game. I'm hesitant about covering the beautiful green powdercoat. I did a mock-up of their coin door panel on a CE. To me, it looks too busy and doesn't match up with the cab art.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
(Green coin door for comparison.)

Yup, that confirms it. The coin door is fine as is. Nice work!!

#456 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Wont the speaker panel cover up the serial # plaque? Or is that also magnetic/movable?

I know on their Stern overlays, there is accommodation for the plaque. I imagine there will be on Scooby as well? I've never installed one myself, but my Elvira came with one installed, and the previous owner said he just unbolted his plaque, laid the magnet on, and reinstalled the plaque.

#477 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

OK thanks.- I wasn't sure if it was attached differently than the BSE plaque. Guess not.

If it is bolted, and there aren't any holes, just lay the magnet in position, and poke a few holes where needed. No biggie

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

PinballSTAR ... 3PM EST today they are interviewing Bug on twitch, hopefully over a Scooby Doo in action.

Can a link be provided when available?

#602 1 year ago

I'm hoping for more feedback on how the game flows from people who have played it. I like flowy games and lately have been partial to fan type layouts that play quicker. I'm hoping Scooby can scratch this itch.

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

We've had non-stop plays on our SD#17 since Wednesday. The code update over the weekend (THANK YOU spooky_dj!) seemed to fix a couple of oddities and gave us the ability to see all the final scores at the end of the game.
We had a lot of stuck balls, and are working on 3d printing some parts in these locations. I probably pulled glass a dozen times in a 5 hour tournament to grab these. Other than that, once we fixed an issue with our Capt Cutler orbit switch (it was sticking closed due to tension) we had zero issues with extra balls magically appearing on the playfield.
Another thing to keep in mind for the techs on here - the mystery machine doesn't always release a ball at the end of the game. On saturday one of our other techs thought a ball got lost and added another ball to the machine and this caused a bunch of issues. So, count your balls at the beginning of the day
This game is insanely popular and we had people coming from all over the place to play it yesterday. It's quickly becoming one of my favorites.[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone from Spooky, any chance you'll be taking note of these ball trap locations and developing fixes to install on production games before they ship? Game is looking great!

Thanks!

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yep we have already added several! One thing I am guilty of is focusing more on making the game as fun as possible and absolutely loading it with stuff. Sometimes I get carried away and don't pay enough mind to ball traps. Know that its with the best of intentions! I think the fact that the game is so dang good that ball traps are what we are worried about tweaking the most is a great sign!

Awesome! Thank you!

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I played about 10 games at Tilt on Sunday (that ball stuck by the blue robot was thanks to me!) and was waiting all weekend to get there right at opening to make sure I could get some time on it.
This was the game that ALMOST got me buy NIB without playing one. In the late 90's, I was hired by WB in high school to be a costumed Scooby for Mall-oween promotion of that Zombie Island movie. I have a Scooby and Shaggy costume that we break out when we need funny Halloween costumes in a pinch. I have massive love for Scooby and the gang. All that to say (massive grain of salt)...
This game felt like WORK. Shots were easy enough to hit without being gimmes but still needing some aim. I got to start quite a few different cases (liked the intro videos!) and don't think I completed one? Hit those horseshoes over and over to collect clues or go up to get some more air on the upper playfield over and over. I'm probably an average player, but I was just chopping wood, hardly ever getting anywhere. On my last game, I finally locked ONE ball for mystery machine multiball. ONE BALL on at least a 10-12 minute game and had no idea how I finally qualified a lock. I tried staying up in the upper playfield and wailing away at all the lit Cutler shots and never started that multiball either.
Balls would land on the apron dongs and slowly squirt back to the flippers. I'm sure I'm missing knowledge and learning the rules would make things more likely to happen. It was mostly just hit some shots until I was told to head to the Mystery Machine to start a case, I'd start a case, and then just fart around hitting whatever was lit, hoping to finish it. It wasn't fun or exciting to get more clues. The music didn't ramp up, I never really knew if I was close unless I peaked and saw 5/6 clues on the screen.
That upper playfield is SLOW. It's almost like playing pinball in water (which maybe works for Cutler up there?) Lean into it and put some effects to change the music to sound distorted like you're listening under water or something kooky because I don't think that will change unless you juice up those flippers. Loved the bookshelf catching the ball option.
I never knew why I needed to go for the double drop target rows. I liked the drop ball saver feature. That will be a hit with family and friends.
You just keep hearing that same background song over and over. No variations of it. Even Munsters has a different spin on that same stupid theme for each ball so you don't feel like you're going insane. Could each character have their own theme or spin of that "looking for clues" slow theme plays? Something?
This is a family friendly kids theme. It's a party game with FIVE CHARACTERS. I'd be very into a game like this in my house. But maybe not this game. I know we all want depth and challenge and modes for days so we never tire of these games (like I'm tired of Munsters). But there's no progressive challenge to the game so friends, family, and KIDS can see and do some fun stuff. I watched multiple kids walk up and play many games because it's bright eye candy. Didn't look like they were having much fun, or laughing, or telling their dads what happened. Because nothing happened. Just that slow "dun dun dunnnnnnnn, da da da da da dunnnnnn" over and over with some callouts thrown in (I do love those!)
Could there be some tiered-level of difficulty modes, where the first one or two cases are noob friendly and you can actually clear through them, maybe fumble into a multiball so people can hear that classic Scooby Doo theme song (which will eventually drive the good players nuts like Blue Oyster Cult on Godzilla does)? Maybe your first mystery is one of two or three easier ones to get through and you can be rewarded with a fun multiball, then things get progressively harder? You got tons of villains on there, no one is angry on Godzilla you start with picking out of the same 4 battles every time. Maybe Scooby is the easier mode character to start since we know that's who kids will want to be and Velma and Fred are harder because they're the bravest and smartest?
Another ball fell off the right side of the upper playfield and got stuck up and inside the Mystery Machine behind a wire (where I saw ANOTHER ball already stuck there from a previous player!) so there is definitely some need to add more plastics, don't make owners and modders create stuff to do your work.
It looks like I'm dumping on this game. And maybe I am. I just felt "whelmed" playing it. I'm still hopeful that this will be a great game and be a boon for Spooky after the Halloween Ultraman poopsplosion. I left Tilt not feeling a big desire to play that game again anytime soon until the code changes a bunch. I wanted to keep playing it to give it another shot, like maybe I'm missing something. But it was never all that fun.
Spooky is a small town hero gone big time. They're not the underdogs anymore as much as apologists will make us think that. I'm ready to see them step up and make this a fast, funny, great time that we know it can be. I will have faith they are far from done on this game.

Being honest is definitely appreciated by me. I havnt played one, but I did mention something to my wife last night after watching some of that last stream. One camera was focused on the players, and no one seemed to be having a great time playing. I know generally, feedback has been positive, but I value your honest feedback just as much. I am starting to have some concerns.

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think you should give a game that hasn't been setup extremely difficult a try man. The overall take is pretty contrary to any of the other feedback I've seen from people playing the game. I'm certainly not telling you that you have to like the game or buy it! Just that I think maybe the circumstances you played in were maybe not the best for an impression. What is really great about this game is how well the difficulty is adjustable. Set the outlane posts to the top portion and turn on your ruh roh ball save and center drop ball save and you have a very approachable game even for the family. However many locations are taking the outlane posts out and setting the ball saves all the off completely. Suddenly the game is pretty brutal. The best part is this game caters to BOTH abilities of players and is easily tunable by the owner for his specific taste. The music changes when you enter modes which can be achieved in only 2 shots. This game has some of the most clever rules for modes and more show assets than almost any modern pin. Check out our gameplay stream where Bug walks us through many rules in the game and give the game another shot in a home environment if ya can before you kick it to the curb. I truly don't think your experience was a good representation of how great this game is and I'm not saying that because we made it. I truly feel that way.

I totally appreciate the response. I think a good HD professional stream, with good audio and minimal chatter could alleviate many concerns. I'm definitely still in.

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I disabled the player cam because I look like a constipated ape when playing...

#721 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The magic of tempered glass is it's very strong across the face, where the ball strikes. The weakness, and the way most people have glass explode on them (hi, I'm in the club), is putting it down on the edge or corner wrong, on say concrete. Don't do that!
A clean piece of tempered glass inside a machine is very safe.

Aurich is 100% correct. I feel like this video is once again appropriate. Enjoy!!

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

One thing is for sure, I won’t be watching any streams from tournaments, for any game I’m interested in. Thanks to the operators for putting it up, just not my jam. I’d way rather watch a group of friends crush a few pints have a laugh and have fun. Some of the players (not all!) that I watched looked like total fun sponges.

There ya go!! Right there. 100%!! Honestly, I didn't realize the game was set up super hard, and this latest stream was a tournament environment. I'd also much rather watch a Jack Danger style stream. Yeah, I'm aware he's kind of busy right now....lol.

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Take some pliers and cover them so they don’t damage the paint and bend the wire form. Should be easy

This 100% That will at least get you playing, and I'm sure Spooky will ship out a new wireform asap.

#818 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Well, it's been a very busy evening, but I finally have a bit of free time to update everyone on the Scooby setup.
Sadly, #60 has some issues. Some minor, some a bit more serious. Here goes...
Minor issues:
1. Orange wireform ends were bent badly at the exit, not allowing ball to pass through.
2. Lower right flipper pawl was loose and flipper bat way out of adjustment.
3. Misc. screws and parts in cabinet. Some stuck to left speaker magnet, some just floating around.
A bit more major:
1. Topper lights quit working after a few minutes.
2. Action button light not working.
3. Flipper button lights not working.
4. Wire harness that feeds action button and flipper button lights was made way too short (I'm talking like a foot short), causing big problems when they folded the bacbox down at the factory. It ripped the harness out of the plastic loom in the cabinet, and also yanked a screw out of the loom strap in the backbox, and of course ripped the connector off of the little board in the backbox. Pins were bent on said board, and 2 locking connectors broken as well.
I know Spooky will take care of me, but it's still pretty disappointing.
Luke and others at Spooky; please use this list to fine tune the builds. And PLEASE, stop making some of these wire runs so dang tight! Being an electrician, this sort of thing always jumps out at me, and I have noticed it on the other 2 Spooky games that I own. Aside from the fact that tension on wires is hard on connections, it of course leaves no room for give when you're in there doing something. Thanks. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that's not good. I certainly expect to have to tweak a NIB game upon delivery, but wire harnesses that are built to short, misc bolts in the cab, and electronics not working? That's a push.....

#851 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

I am happy that Spooky is addressing all these concerns, makes me confident in my game purchase. It is easy to add an extra 12 inches of wire to a loom, and adjust the torque on a screwdriver. This forum should not be the first time Spooky sees or hears of these issues. Owners should be going through the proper customer support channels to get help with their issues. The amount of time it takes to make these posts could have been spent sending Spooky's customer support an email with the pictures and description of the issues. Allow Spooky time to address and resolve the issues before "blasting" them with all these issues on a hobbyist forum.
When I have an issue with a product or service, I go to the companies customer support first. Only after my issue has been addressed/resolved do I leave a review with my good or bad experiences. It is hard to understand the tone of words in written form, but the back and forth about the wireform felt heated and never would have happened if customer support was contacted directly on the phone during working business hours. Good on Spooky for contiinuing to check these forums even after they have gone home for the day. SpookyLuke Make sure you take some time away from the forum and enjoy your evenings after working 12-14 hour days. The same problem will be waiting for you in the morning.

I agree with everything you said here except the part about adding 12" of wire to a harness. I will not and should not be expected to cut the main harness and solder in an extra foot of wire on the main harness of a brand new machine. One wire? Ok, i can do that. 15, 20 or more wires? No sir, not going there. That being said, I'm certain Spooky will remedy that situation based on the level of support I've seen here so far.

EDIT: and for the record, here's a pic of my work desk right now as we speak....

20230301_095327 (resized).jpg20230301_095327 (resized).jpg
#859 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I think he meant it’s easy for Spooky to address it going forward

Quoted from La4s:

I was refering to Spooky correcting the cable length on future machines. I agree that I would not expect a customer to swap an entire harness. A single cable could easily have an extension made and sent to the customer.

Gotcha, I just read it wrong. Yes, it's an easy fix on Spookys end if it's even a common problem in the first place. Sorry for the mix up.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are looking into it today. As all of the other games the harness has been long enough I'm suspecting it's just got extra zip ties eating up slack. I think maybe when an employee was cleaning up the wiring and zip tying it to be tubed up they may have just zip tied wrong hopefully.

I'll bet that's the issue as well. My job involves making wiring harnesses and lighting kits for motorcycles. Easy to get happy with the zip ties sometimes.

#896 1 year ago

I'm really not trying to pile on, but again, how did this machine pass play testing? Given the issues described above, it should have been flagged in 1 hot second and never left the factory.

#916 1 year ago

On another note, did I read somewhere that more varying music was yet to be coded into the game? Or am I imaging that? I know there are still more villain and character modes planned.

#924 1 year ago

The more I hear about wires not being soldered well ( I looked back at the TNA thread as well ), and the more pics I see of said bad soldering, it appears that someone may not be using any Flux on their work?? Looks like wires have been overheated and had poor absorption of the solder. Both indicators of Flux not being used.

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

On another note, did I read somewhere that more varying music was yet to be coded into the game? Or am I imaging that? I know there are still more villain and character modes planned.

Anyone have any insight into this?

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, the early builds are for people who I thought were to trouble shoot for the future builds, and the operators to put lots of games on the pin. I really love Spooky’s activity on these boards…but people judging the early pins is ridiculous. The people receiving the early pins know the score. I think that the problems with the early pins blasted on pinside and not brought directly to Spooky to improve on the backside are sh!!??. If you’ve received an early pin help…directly email/involve Spooky. Otherwise…you are part of the problem.

I agree there are some over reactions. But you can't totally dismiss everything that has been brought up. I'm in, and I have confidence #312 will have the issues ironed out. But damn man, some of the mistakes so far are basic stuff. At least 1 person at spooky needs a beginners 101 lesson on soldering. Not trying to be negative, and I'm looking forward to getting my CE, but don't sit here and say "F the buyer, they knew what they were getting into". Spooky isn't taking that approach, why would you?

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcphilld:

Dude you are regurgitating exactly what I said in the chat on Karl’s stream tonight comparing scooby and foo and you defended Spooky…

Thanks for the clarification. I thought correctly that you may have mistakenly quoted me....

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

I think he is talking about me, not you.

Gotcha, I guess he mistakenly quoted me. Lol.

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

No worries, just wanted to reign you in before you got too riled up.

I do my beat Pinsiding after a few Bourbons. All good, It had to be a mistake.

#1120 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:Anyone else get an unlucky piece of glass on theirs? I took it off the first time to try and adjust the shooter lane switch and it popped in mid-air before I could put it on the carpet I have down. Now I'm shutting it down till next week since a few shards (And worse some powder) are on the playfield and I'm scared to run it again before I make sure it's well cleaned. The last thing I want is the beautiful art getting chewed up by carbon steel on glass powder.

[quoted image]

Oh man... that sucks... I feel sick just looking at it. I can't begin to imagine how you actually feel right now.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I agree with a previous poster that the song for captain cutler multi ball just doesn’t feel right. The song is fine and goofy and maybe could be used in attract mode with option to shut off but feels very out of place where it’s currently used.

While I appreciate the effort put forth into creating an original track for the mode, I too agree with this statement. Thus far, it's the only song/sound effect that I feel just doesn't work at all.

#1249 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I don’t get the hate for this…it seems to be a good variation of a sound bite used in several episodes of Scooby…and those are all varied as well.

I believe you're thinking of something else. We're talking about the song played during Captain Cutler multiball.

And I agree with some others that have posted. Use the song elsewhere where it will be played rarely as a reward. It gets repetitive very very quickly.

#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Maybe…where can I find this…just being lazy and don’t want to watch a whole stream to find it

Here. Fast forward to 37:45 minutes in.

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Regarding all comments about the music; we definitely hear what you're saying. There will be more original music by Count D to come (he made all the villain mode soundtracks!), and we'll include options in the service menu that I think will satisfy most preferences regarding which songs you'll hear in game.

This is the best thing I have "heard" all day. It's like "music" to my ears! See what I did there....

But seriously, this is really great news. The Capt Cutler multiball music was/is a genuine concern for me.

#1412 1 year ago

I don't necessarily even care about holding anyone accountable for anything. If there are common issues that need to be fixed, I want to be able to read about those issues and how to fix them. The owners threads I am in and have been in have been extremely useful in troubleshooting situations. Documentation here provides help for owners for decades to come. To suggest not posting problems and/or their solutions is absurd. And for the record, he's serious. JohnTTwo seems to have an odd obsession with trying to ensure his games appreciate in value.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have been fixing bugs every day to! Should have a new public code build soon! First major feature update is in the works as well.

Can you say what the first major feature update will be? Or is that going to be a suprise?

#1511 1 year ago

Wow, this thread went south fast this evening!

Screenshot_20230306_200807_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230306_200807_Brave (resized).jpg
#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

when you're in spookys pocket like some are here in this thread, you have no choice. You must obey and defend the mothership at all cost lest you not get another early "team game".
Notice the person posting right after me. The biggest spooky apologist ever. Why because he gets the earliest games and is deep in their pocket. Probably ignore his opinions due to extreme bias.
Dont even ask what number scooby doo CE he got. Hold out 2 hands. Now put one hand in your pocket. How many digits are left? Yeah it's like that. Of course he's here defending them. Wes come on. Enough.
[quoted image]

Quoted from d0n:

Not if you're in spooky's pocket you can't. You must defend at all cost.

Quoted from d0n:

JUST SEND IT!
trying to get everyone's game out quickly (because we are all impatient) and skipped some checks and balances. I could be wrong but I truly believe they have realized that was a mistake.

Somebody go check the record player, I think it's skipping.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you definitely DO NOT have a scooby on order? This is the "owners" thread. You can go ahead and get tha Fuck out. Feel free to report to the mods.....

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be fair, it’s the club thread. All folks interested in the game welcome. Just no trolls and shit posters that have no interest in playing or owning the game.

Well, Dong, sorry Don, definitely fits the 2 latter descriptions.

#1598 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Gotta admit I'm jealous of your ability to do this... we HWN folks are stuck with the modern equivalent of Data East Pulverizers, until they overheat and turn into limp dick. I know NZ Matt has his hands full but this is really irritating having to wait 1.5 years for basic features.

The flippers don't have adjustable power on HWN ? I figured that was pretty standard on most any newer LCD era pin. I've never owned a Spooky before though...

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Yeah I’m loving it so far. I’m going to give it a couple days of play before rating it. I’m trying to get the pitch right. I have the front legs all the way down and the back legs are a half inch from being the highest they can go. My phone app still says Pitch is around 6.8 so if that’s true I don’t think I can get to 7 without screwing the feet all the way to the tip. Will report back on gameplay in a couple days.

Not sure what length levelers Spooky ships with but if it has 2" levelers, you could put 3" on the back.

#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

Wow that's cool. Glad to hear that you are feeling a lot more confident about the games going out the door. Do you know what #s are currently on the line?

100 out plus 56 on the line sooo.......I'd guess 101 to 156 roughly

#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I get that. I'm kinda OCD like that too with certain things. Curious, does the plastic make any contact with the decal or is there some space.

I have some on most of my games for looks as well. If you leave the factory spacers in, they don't touch the decals. I do recommend extended leg bolts though.

#1770 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Silenced by the Mob.

Quoted from Vecna:

Because GamerRick told him to STFU.

What am I missing here? I didn't quite understand the "fix" myself and would appreciate some clarification. I definitely want to hear about issues and their fixes here. When RebelGuitars asked for some clarification he got a response saying "Silenced by the mob"? I don't get it?

#1799 1 year ago

This is not a complaint, it's simply an observation from keeping up with the thread. I've noticed many people saying they had to adjust the shooter lane switch and auto plunger. I hope Spooky notices the same thing and makes the necessary adjustments

#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

They will get that fixed after the "300"’s have all been shipped

We got a comedian over here....

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

An update on the issue with the mystery machine VUK problem.
I found a dense foam pad laying around and cut it (close) to size and attached it to the back of the plate. Once everything was back together I played a few games and was still having the issue, just a little less often. I had a Pinsider reach out to me and suggest turning down the left flipper power to 88%. Once that adjustment was made I have played a ton of games without the issue happening again. Not sure if just adjusting the flipper power would've fixed it but I'm just going to leave the pad back there either way.
[quoted image]

You wouldn't have a picture of the back of that bracket would you?

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from Ckcoinop:

Sadly I do not, were you looking for something particular?

If the bracket is prone to bending backwards, I'm wondering if there's room to have my friend weld a brace on the backside of it. He's quite good at what he does, and can weld stainless on small parts with pretty great precision.

#1955 1 year ago

I'm 99% sure that's a metal ramp, from the teardown pics I've seen here on the thread. I believe what we're seeing is just an imperfection in the green powder coat, which wouldn't concern me. Its hidden back there pretty well.

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are not seeing or hearing a high rate of surprise multiballs at all. I think maybe the game you are playing has a switch out of adjustment somewhere. I'm sure if you sent a video to us we could help diagnose. We certainly have some code bugs but I do not believe what you see describing is one.

Not trying to be contradictive, but I'm pretty certain I've read of at least 3 people in this thread describing the mystery multiballs. Not that 3 is widespread, but it's definitely indicative of a potential repeated error either in assembly, code, or perhaps as simple as sensitive switches. I'm pretty handy around pins and if it's the latter situation, that's to be expected. Some of the reports were from location players, so maybe they're not opening tickets with Spooky?

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Its easy for switches to get out of adjustment after making a long trip by truck on our pothole filled roads across this country.

Yes, exactly. That's why I said "if it's the latter, that's to be expected". I fully expect to adjust and tweak a NIB machine. I was just saying, the mystery multiball has been mentioned more than occasionally here. Could totally be a switch adjustment, and I'm cool with that. But may also be hardware or software related.

#2156 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Probably for the same reason you are here. I have a pre-order. Thank you very much.

I never would have guessed you have a pre order for Scooby based on your posts. So, my question is, based on your posts, why exactly do you still continue to keep your preorder? You definitely come across as having a troll like vibe, or at the very least a pessimistic view of this game. I've had my concerns as well, and posted them here, but something about the way you phrase things, just comes off as stirring the pot sometimes. Sorry if I'm just totally misunderstanding

#2158 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I have a few pre orders. Foo, Doo and Pulp.
Maybe I will be a sheep and kiss ass more.
[quoted image]

See, that screams troll. I'm not suggesting anyone bail out or follow blindly. Just curious why you're so abrasive?

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Do you really care or are you trolling me?

I don't care anymore. Bye. Welcome to the ignore zone. Maybe try to not be such an ass in the future.

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You see…I don’t even know what’s been posted because I ignored whomever this is MANY MOONS AGO.

You made a good call at some point in the past

#2372 1 year ago

Thinner playfields? How much thinner? I'm with Chuck on this one. I'm used to all playfields being a standard thickness, and all my spare parts and hardware are geared as such. That would SUUUUUCK to pop a screw up through the playfield.

#2435 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Unfortunately, on my machine the "mystery multiball" problem happens on every game played now, resulting in early terminated ball after one ball drains.
Some of suggested this may be a "maladjusted" trough or shooter lane switch. Total noob question here, how would I go about diagnosing this? The trough switch and shooter lane switches all register correctly on the switch test menu.
Thanks in advance!

I don't have my game yet, so I'm not sure what it looks like under the playfield, but re seat all connectors associated with the trough. Also, remove the balls, and put machine in switch test mode. Add the balls back 1 at a time. See if all that looks normal.

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Finally got to play Scooby last night, and before I put down my first impressions. I got to captain cutler multiball, but it didn't auto plunge. Is it supposed to be that way? I mean I waited a good bit, and then I had to start doing the plunging to keep the balls in play. Just wanted to make sure this is normal or not before I gave my impressions.

That's never been normal on any other multiball mode I've ever played, so yeah, I'd say not normal. Based on other posts here, I'd be suspicious of the shooter lane switch being out of position.

#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I totally forgot to reveal this! Try throwing UV/black light on your game and check out how well it reacts! A ton of the game including all the powdercoat and plastic prectoectors are very UV reactive. We didn't find out until the last minute unfortunately or we would have tried to incorporate something.

Soooooo, you're saying a set of Pinstadiums with UV flasher effects might look pretty effin' good on this?

#2464 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s awesome. Does pinstadium allow you to activate the UV lights during certain times, or does it stay on all the time? Sorry never used them before. If on all the time might be hard on my eyes and my wife’s.

Basic Pinstadiums have 2 sections, general illumination, and flasher. The GI is pretty self explanatory. The UV effect is connected to a flasher of your choosing. When the flasher goes off, so does the UV. Depending on where you connect it, you can get different effects.

#2472 1 year ago

Same thing here bro. Same..

EDIT: ah yes, top 100. That makes sense

#2483 1 year ago

I'm waiting for a mod that makes the apron locks look less "Penis-ish". I just can't unsee that no matter how hard I try.

#2485 1 year ago

Some modded will offer different decals. Maybe something more like the castle cobblestones. That would blend in well with Back Alley’s apron mod.
[quoted image]

I sure hope someone does something. I may even pull the purple decals off completely in the meantime. Lol.

#2492 1 year ago

So, I assume Scooby has some flashers somewhere, if so, do they operate on straight 12v DC? Any owners care to "shed some light" on this?

#2495 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Showed my wife this game (wish I hadn't) and now she is begging me to order one as she is a massive Scooby fan. Reading reviews from some other folks on here and many are not happy with the game. They say its slow and clunky and of course the complaints about the bending habitrail ends.
I think the game looks amazing - the art is awesome. The apron mod from Back Alley seems almost a must as well.
As we all know the game isn't cheap (cheaper than JJP games of course).
How many in this thread have have been hands on with the game?

I've not seen anyone in this thread describe it as slow or clunky. Early run NIB games always need adjustments. All manufacturers.

#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

No flashers in the diagnostic menu, .. .dont have time at the moment to play a game to double check if that just isnt coded yet. The shaker uses the ben heck shaker board, I believe that is 12v.

Thank you. I have some home made Pinstadium lights that are clear only. I'm thinking I can grab a UV light strip off of Amazon, add that to my set and power it off of a 12v source. Shaker would probably work even better than a flasher.

#2510 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I have UV led strips coming from amazon today, Ill keep you updated on how it turns out.

Nice! I just ordered a set as well.

#2524 1 year ago

My speaker panel decal arrived today. I'll open it and report back tonight. It does look dull in that photo (but the coin door looks fine). I have one on my Elvira and it looks great. Not sure what's going on there. Does it have a protective film on it that needs to come off? Anyway, I have one waiting at home, but no game. I'll see how it looks.

I'm not sure why it would look so washed out when the coin door looks so vibrant.

#2528 1 year ago

Ok, so I don't have a game to put it on, but it looks pretty good to me. Some of the color pallet used maybe lends itself to appearing slightly washed out?? Here it is compared to two others that arrived today. Sorry for the poor lighting.

20230321_175332 (resized).jpg20230321_175332 (resized).jpg20230321_175412 (resized).jpg20230321_175412 (resized).jpg20230321_175417 (resized).jpg20230321_175417 (resized).jpg20230321_175424 (resized).jpg20230321_175424 (resized).jpg20230321_175430 (resized).jpg20230321_175430 (resized).jpg20230321_175453 (resized).jpg20230321_175453 (resized).jpg
#2531 1 year ago

Love it! I'd probably do that if I didn't already have the panel.

#2554 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Easily the best looking pin I have too to bottom

Don't get carried away now.... love it or hate it, the GnR LE is a beautiful machine!

#2560 1 year ago

The first used Scooby has officially hit the Pinside market place ads. If anyone has a late number and wants to jump in.

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Do we need the “beating a dead horse” GIF again?
Scooby doobie dooooooooo

Find a "beating a dead horse with a purple cock" gif, and I'll be impressed

#2644 1 year ago

I can GUARANTEE ya this. DEFINITELY DO NOT Google images for "purple cock". I just did.....

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Been out of this thread for a bit...
Where is #1011 CE fitting in w current build rate ( approx.)?
Apologies in advance for not keeping up...thx!

Beat guess according to the spreadsheet is late October

#2789 1 year ago

I'm back! Lol. No more purple "rooster" posts.... The whiskey and I both apologize for all prior offenses.

#2790 1 year ago

Anyone try pinstadiums with UV lighting on Scooby Doo? I worry the regular lighting will be too bright. The darker lighting adds to the overall mood and theme for me like Halloween, but the neon is really great looking. Looking at the neo atom that Scott recommended. Also on sale right now. I have not seen them in person.

The GI illumination on pinstadiums is both color changing and dimmable via the free app. The UV portion in my opinion should be a nice touch for SD. So, no worries regarding the brightness on the GI.

#2872 1 year ago

Your welcome. Glad to post pics. I do like it, but wish the colors popped a bit more. I just wish the placard was screwed in like Stern does. BA drip is nice. If I didn’t already buy the speaker panel cover I would have gotten the blood.
Pinstadiums supposed to arrive on Thursday. I will post pics and video once installed. Went with Neo Atoms per Scott’s recommendation.

So, the placard isn't screwed in? Is it double sided tape then? If so, I may just remove it and reattach on top of the magnetic overlay with fresh tape. Or maybe a magnet? Hmmmm...

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

I don’t know if the Pindefender is worth it or not, never had them before but figured I’d give it a try on this game. And one of the Scrappy’s is going in, if anything just out of pure spite.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Replace all the sculpts with Scrappy. Spite hard

I agree with @TreyBo69, if you're gonna spite, spite hard. On the flip side, F* Scrappy Doo. Ruined the whole vibe of the series. But, hey, it's your machine.

#2971 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Scooby at home, parked in a temporary spot until I pull a few games out of the arcade. Got a few mods in and absolutely loving the gameplay.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Scrappy looks like he's up to no good there. I always knew he had issues..... I kid, I kid....

#3251 1 year ago

Final payment for CE#312 through PinballStar has been requested as of today. Due by 4/12. Ordered on opening day.

#3267 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i like the napkin math and ill use that thanks

There's a delivery estimator in the key posts. It's based on production numbers from Spooky, and pinsiders posted dates. Seems pretty accurate

#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Rocket City Pinball Start and Launch button before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I swear I'm not trying to be contradictory, but I like the originals better. Alot better.

#3316 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

That L bracket is going to mess up the ball path if you want to bypass the upper and just go down the ramp.

My thoughts exactly

#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I will be streaming Scooby tonight with bookcase flipper spring upgrade and +15 flipper power. The springs I used are upgraded tension springs from the Scoleri brothers drop target fix kit that Pinball Life sells.
6:30pm est Twitch.tv/SlapDrain

I'd love to see some pictures or even a short tutorial video on the return spring upgrade you did. The flipper looks much livelier in your stream than stock springs. It's an upgrade I'll almost certainly do. I'm just a visual learner.

#3320 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I would quest you would have to get underneath the upper playfield field to make this flipper adj correct?

He actually said it could be done without removing the upper playfield with a certain tool. There was an Amazon link a page or two ago.

#3325 1 year ago

Man, I've got one of those speaker panel magnets on hand just waiting. However, something just seems off every time I see it on a machine. The coin door looks great! I think I'm going to take my speaker magnet and trim down the edges some, and around the LCD screen. I'm thinking if I can "frame" the LCD and magnetic overlay with the green powder coat, maybe it will look a bit more natural? If I ruin it, I suppose I'll go with the stickers method.

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from The_1up:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

2 and a half weeks on location (#111) and still ironing out issues more often than I'd like. Overall players seem to really enjoy the game. New code is realllllly needed, though. Tournament play stinks with repeating Cutler Multiball over and over.
My lock down bar doesn't slide straight. I have to "guide" it by pushing up on it to latch the left side. Messed with it before but haven't found a solution yet.
My bookcase flipper was dragging and sticking because it wasn't adjusted properly and was binding in the coil. Ultimately I had to remove the upper playfield which was a real pain. I sure hope there's a true step by step on this process eventually because inevitably something will break up there again someday.
The shooter lane switch and launcher itself were a disaster at first. After several adjustments I think I have this dialed in finally.
I have to remove the backglass and manually turn on my topper / action button / flipper lights every few days.
A couple times this past weekend the apron locks quit working. A power cycle fixes them. Wish I knew that before I went and made a bunch of adjustments to the right one when it quit working, not knowing both weren't working at the time. Ball search didn't push the apron locks either, thus freezing the game.
Plus a bunch of typical adjustments were needed in the first week especially.

That is ALOT of possible ball trap locations. I'm needing to hear more positive vibes from owners. Starting to get that uneasy feeling again. I had about 15 or 20 people over Friday night to play my 10 machines. A mixture of Stern, Older Bally/Williams, CGC, and even a JJP. From 6:30 to 1:30am, there wasn't a single issue that needed to be addressed. Everyone just had fun playing. I know it's early production, but I really don't want a maintenance headache.

#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

The bravery meter plastic shouldn't be overlapping the apron/shooter lane cover. It's installed incorrectly and the installer probably broke it and sent it on down the line like that.[quoted image]

Yup. Had the plastic on top of the apron, screwed in that bottom left screw, and CRACK! There goes the corner. No worries, close enough......lol. At least Spooky is easy to reach and quick fixing issues.

#3585 1 year ago

You must have not have seen many games arrive with shipping damage.

It's an innocent mistake, and no one is bashing Spooky. BUT, it's not shipping damage. The plastic is clearly on top of the apron and under stress. It broke when/where the left screw was tightened down. Spooky already has replacement parts on the way to him which is awesome. But it's not shipping damage.

Screenshot_20230411_221117_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230411_221117_Brave (resized).jpg
#3587 1 year ago

Out of curiosity, what's the clearance vertically between the plastic and the apron when installed properly? If it's an 1/8" or less, I might buy into the hard drop theory.
Edit: if the hard drop theory is correct, I'd also be worried about the structural integrity of the cabinet.

#3610 1 year ago

So, when I hear about these blown boards am I the only one who remembers this pic posted by @aquapin? Whatever happened to resolve this? Seems like everyone moved on and forgot about it. Seems like an easy way to blow a board to me.

Screenshot_20230412_143120_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230412_143120_Brave (resized).jpg
#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a spacer to seperate the scoop from that board. It has been installed since before production began. It was just that specific game that it was missed on in assembly. Also hey guys just catching up here. Havn't been on as much since the 3 shows in a row!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yeah it seems to be a rather rare and specific set of circumstances. I had it happen to me only once in all the games. The guys are pretty confident they have it sorted so fingers crossed it will be a thing of the past soon. Code is coming we are just testing it ALOT!

Quoted from lpeters82:

We have new code out to beta testers now. In addition to the "fun stuff", this code release includes a software fix that greatly reduces the stress of repeat coil fires on the transistors on the Warden. I've been trying really hard to blow a coil or transistor on the beta code and, thankfully, I haven't been successful.

All good to know, thank you!

#3626 1 year ago

Has anyone else done the return spring mod on the book case flipper? If so, what's your take on it?

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Ball search and ball launch fixes?

Yes, here's a link for anyone that wants to read all the features of this update.

https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/

#3695 1 year ago

I assume games shipping out from this point forward will have latest code installed already?

#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

My wonderful friends !!at Outpost Kodelia made these mods for Scooby so far, and one of their next items to come is some upgraded hands to replace the flat plastic pieces down by the apron. Shown here are
Upgraded Gold City Mine sign
Upgraded Airfield sign
2 different secret passage signs
And an upgraded gate, that can be made with or without a spider, I got mine without, I hate spiders.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered a full set, plus their spotlight covers Friday. Nice touches for sure!

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Curious did you go with spotlight covers for the upper or the whole shebang? I’m really liking the look of their stuff too, probably going to place an order!
Also patiently waiting for someone to make an apron light mod to replace the spot down there. Saw earlier someone fabricated one up, but don’t think anything is available commercially yet….

I ordered the whole set. The discount for all 5 was good enough to force me to do it

#3870 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Simple solution is to design a plunger and shooter rod. Hate launch buttons anyways.

But that won't fix issues during multiball. Still gotta have a functional auto plunge mech

#3980 1 year ago

For a "medium" adjustment, you may be able to put a star post in the lower hole position. That might hit the sweet spot. Maybe....

#3990 1 year ago

Yes, that. I don't have my machine yet, so I haven't tested anything, but it may be a solution.

#4022 12 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Okay so as I mentioned again my scooby was locking up mid game.
I managed to play a game completely with no lockdown bar . I noticed a couple things off.
Ring light is only half lit.
Zip tie in ring light melted/cut?
Ring light positioning, where should it be? It looked Ike it was sitting close to the lockdown bar so maybe that was shorting ?
Is there supposed to be a wire sitting in my right lockdown receiver ?
Finally loose hex screw .
If someone could send pics of their setup under the lockdown bar that would be awesome
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unless the back of that ring light board is protected, it's a short begging to happen. I wonder why Spooky opted for a full size ring like that? Most I've seen are a single LED under the reciever. The ring seems like overkill and kind of cumbersome??

#4025 12 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

There is a plexi bracket that it mounts to and protects it from shorting.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. It still seems like waaay to much lighting though. Anyway, I still look forward to receiving my game!

#4029 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Similar LED rings are used around the flipper buttons on the sides of the cabinet

Not like this one. It's huge. Flipper button kits are also usually single LEDs or a flat printed low profile board with tiny LEDs. I'm not arguing that Spooky did anything "wrong", it just seems like a rather large LED array to try and fit into a rather tight space.

#4053 12 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I love the way the game loads new code,so easy compared to other spooky games which I have had some trouble loading.
Also I believe I used a stronger spring than the game in the stream and it work’s great

Which spring did you use?

#4064 12 months ago

Anyone else see this on FB earlier today?! Notice the T shirt Scott is wearing. Is it a hint?

Screenshot_20230420_150154_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230420_150154_Facebook (resized).jpg
#4066 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Man I hope not lol. I’m broke and I’m out of room once Scooby arrives but man how amazing would a Goonies pin be!

It's pretty much an instant buy theme for me. I'll have to sell something if it comes to fruition.

#4090 12 months ago

I'm still waiting for a mod to help camouflage the infamous "Apron dongs"

#4247 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Q8 Middle sling is the only one across all 3 boards. I've looked and can't find anything along that circuit.
Next rabbit hole is I'm going to pull the log to try to see id I can understand what is happening

I have no idea what exactly that chart is depicting, but it does appear that one thing all 3 "chains" (the red, blue, and green) have in common is issues with the purple wire lead. Q8, Q9, and Q10 all share that purple wire. Similar to the shared rows/columns on older B/W machines?? I have no idea what the "R" through "Y" column on the left means either, maybe don't listen to anything I say...... Perhaps Spooky will drop in and shed some light on that chart.

#4312 11 months ago

My family and I love it. It’s fun and the start of the song sounds like Billy Squires The Stroke. But I can see people not liking it. But hope Spooky doesn’t remove it. But maybe give the option to change it like with Godzilla multiball.

The option to change it on the fly would be nice. Or even an alternate option in the settings. I've only heard it a couple times in video streams, and that's enough for me. Didn't Spooky kind of hint this may be an option at some point? Or am I imagining things?

#4316 11 months ago

Just recieved tracking info for #312 through PinballStar. Was picked up today.

#4362 11 months ago

#312 scheduled for delivery Tuesday, May 2nd

#4370 11 months ago

My "wifes pin" is GZ premium..... had to buy it. Man, what a bummer she fell in love with that game at the last Pincinatti convention.

#4392 11 months ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Can I ask all of you owners, are you glad you got it? I’m trying to decide if I’m going to buy one. I have Halloween, which I love dearly. This feels like a much worse theme but a much better layout.

Just get it. Play it, enjoy it. If it doesn't work out, sell it. You'll most likely break even on it or maybe lose a few hundred. Big whoop.... it's worth that much to have it and enjoy it at home.

#4470 11 months ago

I'm driving to the ABS freight hub this afternoon and picking mine up. I'm impatient, lol !!!

#4481 11 months ago

Got mine set up. Here's the quick scoop. No power cord in box. Coin box had no cotter pin and was rattling around in the cab. The cotter pin and power cord are nowhere to be found. No biggie, borrowed a cord from another game. Had to adjust a couple leaf switches, and left flipper button was torqued down too hard causing the button to stick. That's it. So far, everything seems to be working great!

#4482 11 months ago

Now, something that bugged me but wasn't technically "wrong" was the left outlane post which has been discussed here previously. There are only 2 positions available. Wide open which is brutal, or all the way up which a ball can BARELY even fit through. Why Spooky didn't just slot the adjustment is beyond me. Anyway, I'm not one to overthink things sooo.... I added a center hole position. It took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Photos are from stock to finished.

20230501_201916 (resized).jpg20230501_201916 (resized).jpg20230501_202032 (resized).jpg20230501_202032 (resized).jpg20230501_202515 (resized).jpg20230501_202515 (resized).jpg20230501_202640 (resized).jpg20230501_202640 (resized).jpg

#4487 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You can't drill your own crooked hole?

Hey now... to be fair, the pilot hole is straight. Remember what your momma taught you about saying nice things? Additionally, the left outlane feels "fair" now. Not easy, not cheap drain city.

#4489 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I'm just funnin' with you. Hilarious. I did notice the straight pilot hole.
I still have mine set down to brutal position. Want to move it up to never drain out position, but just can't do it.

Yeah, that's what I get for trying to hold a vacuum to collect dust and a drill at the same time. But hey, once the post is in, it looks and plays just fine.

#4492 11 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'm just planning to put a star post in the bottom hole. That will be a nice middle ground for me. But that looks like a fine solution, too. What size drill bit did you use?

3/16" is perfect.

#4495 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sure a ball will fit down the inlane with a star post?

That's pretty much why I didn't do the star post. It looked like it would close up the inlane some. I didn't test fit one though so I don't really know for sure.

#4500 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Honestly, if you dropped pic #3, nobody would freaking know the hole was a hair crooked. Great work, that had to have been stressful, and if it makes the game better for you, I'm all for it.

I knew at least one person would call me out on it. Lol. It's all good. I should have been more precise. But it is kind of a sweet spot, and there's plenty of room between the two stock holes.

Quoted from colonelsnow:

Is the topper failure to light bug fixed in the 4.18 update?

My game came with 4.24 (I think?) Installed on it. Not sure if it addressed any topper issues.

#4504 11 months ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

My game came with 4.24 (I think?) Installed on it. Not sure if it addressed any topper issues.
4.18.17 is the current version. Does your topper consistently light when the game is started?

Yes, mine lights consistently. And I was correct regarding what the code version says on boot up. Maybe they dropped more code just before mine shipped, or I could have missed an update announcement. I sure haven't updated it myself yet

20230501_224018 (resized).jpg20230501_224018 (resized).jpg

#4506 11 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Mine was set to the top position….cuz I suck. Actually perfect for my play. Still drains, but no cheap drains.

Interesting. So it does still drain pretty regularly even in the top position? When I test fitted mine, the ball had literally about 1/32" of room between the rubbers. I thought to myself, that's way too tight, it will never drain on the left if I do that. Maybe I'll try out the top adjustment for a bit and see how it does, although my new crooked middle hole does feel pretty fair.

#4514 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The secret to getting that new hole straight …
Mark the centre hole (as you did) then drill the pilot hole with a tiny drill bit all the way through. Like a 1mm (our language)
Next one, go 2mm. Then 3. Then 4. To whatever the final size needs to be.
That’s the (overly cautious) way to make sure any hole is perfectly aligned. Impossible to get it out of whack.
Me - I just put a marker dot and drill a f**king hole. Lolllll. Just a pinball machine.
rd

Good to know!!

#4516 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

they havn't released 4.24 yet on the update webpage

I guess I'm a beta tester....

#4519 11 months ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Possibly even a MASTER-Beta...

Ohhh, I'm definitely that....

#4524 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Curious, do you know if you have Velma's Find Her Glasses character mode in this version?

I didn't come across that mode, but I didn't get too many plays in either. I'll play some more tonight as Velma, and SEE what I can find (pun intended)

#4545 11 months ago
Quoted from kevster:

Boom, #401 invoice paid! Still gonna be a while till it ships, but man, I'm excited.
I'm pretty nervous about dealing with any potential issues as this is my first ever NIB pin, and my repair skills are pathetic. But, I'm willing to learn, Spooky seems like they're super helpful, community is great and I know a couple local collectors who really know their stuff, so they can help out if (when) I get in way over my head lol

Congrats! So far, my game, #312, has only needed a few minor adjustments. Typical stuff after shipping. No major issues. I feel really bad for those here who have had serious problems, but the odds are you'll be fine.

#4560 11 months ago

Hey spooky! Two suggestions after some extensive playing. A short (or adjustable in the sertings) ball save would be nice when starting a mystery mode. Similar to a ball save when starting multiball. Starting a mode, then draining 3 seconds later sucks and takes the fun out of it just a bit. Second suggestion is probably in the works already, but some end of game sequence or music would be nice. Currently, as I'm sure you know, the game just ends with zero finale. Anyway, great game so far! I feel like this is your best offering to date. Keep the updates coming, full throttle!!

#4566 11 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I finally got through everything currently programmed and “ran out of things to do” in one game. Can’t wait to see the code continue to evolve and see what wizard modes DJ and the guys have up their sleeves. The modes are all so unique and fun, I bet we are in for some real treats with the character modes and wizard modes!
Not sure what I did in this game but my ball three end of ball bonus was HUGE. Darn near half my score if I saw it right.
[quoted image]

Holy shit man......

#4573 11 months ago

Two questions. I'm still at a loss as to what scooby snacks do. And can someone explain how to "lock" a mystery mode in with the action button? I can't get that to work. My action button works perfect in switch test. Thanks!

#4577 11 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

It’s the launch button that locks in a villain mode
Scooby snacks raises bravery meter and are required to qualify Scooby snack MB locks.
4 for the 1st one, can’t remember how many for 2nd

Ohhh, well, that explains why it doesn't work, lol. Spooky must have other plans for the action button then. Otherwise, the action button would be preferred. Ok, so scooby snacks are what qualify the apron locks, as well as raising the bravery meter? And the bravery meter is essentially a mode timer if I recall correctly? So getting scooby snacks can add time to a mode?

#4582 11 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Yep! the action button does have planned features that would probably interfere with the mode lock, but I'll see if there's some way to overlap those functions when we get there. The launch button does seem to be the traditional way to lock in a mode though (see tales from the crypt, and last action hero (if my memory is correct)).

I'm totally fine with the launch button locking modes. I was just confused, lol. I'm glad to hear some features are on the way that do utilize the action button. Getting the clue back from the creeper is already pretty fun and challenging.

#4593 11 months ago

The only time I hear the flipper whine is with the glass off and the room quiet. I don't notice it one bit when playing.

#4598 11 months ago

So where does everyones barrel scooby sit at the start of a game? Mine sits like this?? Doesn't seem right? Adjustments in the game menu have zero effect

16831617324045399078393903531352 (resized).jpg16831617324045399078393903531352 (resized).jpg
#4601 11 months ago

Same as mine
[quoted image]

Cool, I figured the lid closed completely. I see now that it can't. I also figured out the servo adjustment in the menu. You can move him up or down about a millimeter is all.

Quoted from Pugster:

For those that got their games recently (or shipping notices) how are they coming along compared to the estimated dates on the tracker?

About 7 to 10 days behind the tracker estimate seems to be the norm.

#4611 11 months ago

Does anyone else find this game to be particularly brutal?? I swear it's like it just knows my weaknesses as a player and exploits it. I've even moved the outlane posts all the way up. Now it just finds ways to fuck me with the center drop target..... I'm not a great player, but I'm no slouch either. I'm sure I'll get better. Also, Spooky, take note. The scoring seems pretty partial to finishing modes. Like I don't even go for multiballs anymore because the jackpots are difficult to achieve and don't score nearly enough compared to finishing a mode. Speaking of modes..... please please please add a ball save (or option in the settings) at the beginning of mystery modes. It blows to start a mode and drain out a few seconds later. Loving the game so far, but hating certain aspects of it at the same time.

#4615 11 months ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Its not an easy game by any means... I did find the stock flipper rubber to be a little more bouncy than i liked. I switched to stock stern black rubber on the lowers for a few games before i sold mine and i liked how it played. Didn't experiment any more than that.

Personally, I'm partial to Superbands. That's definitely on my list to swap out. That should help a little anyway.

#4617 11 months ago

Oh, and one last suggestion. Less of "get to the mystery machine!" When it's lit, I swear that callout repeats about every 6 seconds or so. I'm yelling at the game "Yeah, I know! I heard you the first 12 times, but I can't seem to hit the damn thing!" Just one callout would suffice.

#4642 11 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

CE#297 in the house! Well, actually its at a dog and kid friendly local brewery but in the HOUSE sounds better!
Game is beautiful! Plays fantastic! I do hear a little whine from the flippers when I had the glass off. I don't notice it when playing honestly.
One thing I was thinking when playing regarding code. Occaisionally kill the upper flippers so you can't go up top. I don't know the 'when' or 'why' but for league or tournaments, I could just get up top and bang around for a while. I may not score a lot of points but I could probably play for over an hour. I took the rubber off the upper playfield center post and that makes it harder to stay up. But the ball falls down to the left flipper and I'm right back up top if I want.

I can't keep the ball on the upper playfield more than a minute or so. Not sure how you're accomplishing that, lol. Hell, I was even considering putting a star post up top to see how it would increase ball play up there....

#4644 11 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

You and I must have similar play styles because you always say what I'm thinking in here. I do not think the upper is "easy" and I also DON'T think Cuttler MB is too easy to start - I've only started it a few times, but have had MM and SS all the time.

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere here about a few people removing the post entirely to make it more challenging. Now that I've played it I'm thinking WTF are these people doing that I'm not?! Lol. I can't imaging that upper playfield with no post on it. Either they're that good, or I'm that bad.

#4662 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Because there's more downside then upside to killing flippers in mini playfields. If the switch detecting balls entering the Mando Helmet is broken, then the whole toy is basically broken. And the game could get confused during multiball about where everything is.

I was going to put my 2 cents worth in earlier. I'm glad I'm not alone on this opinion. Please just let them flip. The potential for errors with sensors turning the flippers on and off just isn't worth the risk. Especially during multiball. Games have had upper playfield flippers for a long long time. Plenty of solid state and dmd examples of this. Black Knight, Grand Lizard, Haunted House, White Water, etc etc etc .... and those games got the shit played out of them on location. SD upper flippers will be just fine without meddling with their function. They don't wear any faster than your lower flippers, and how often do you actually rebuild those?

#4669 11 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Talk to Game of Thrones premium and le owners who have to pull their upper playfield every 300 plays to clean all the dust and crud that comes off the upper flipper mechs flailing about unnecessarily.

Let's each make a list of games with more than 2 flippers that have played fine for thousands of games vs. the ones where the extra flippers wear out prematurely...

Want my prediction for how that list will look?

#4676 11 months ago

Just venting, but I'm ready to sell this damn thing due to left outlane drains because of the drop targets. Serious design issue. And for Gods sake, stop it with "shoot the mystery machine" already!

#4679 11 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Never had cheap drains with my post at the top. Just feels right…and normal drains that I can save with “ruh, roh.”

Yes, with the post at the top position it rarely drains on the left side, but it almost feels like cheating. It's too forgiving. Bottom position, forget it, don't even bother. I drilled a center position and it's still brutal. Really kind of pissing me off. The geometry of the posts makes it impossible to nudge your way out of the left outlane without tilting (unless you remove that). I've moved the left post all the way up again. Whatever....

Quoted from nicoga3000:

Curious if there's a software fix for this problem. I've seen the problem mentioned a few times...Don't have my game yet, so I don't quite know what the issue is and how it manifests. Is it simply that the ball rolls off the lowest most open drop target and dribbles down the outlane??

Yes, exactly. The ball dribbles down behind the lower front drop target and straight into the outlane. No amount of nudging or shaking will help if the tilt bob is in place. Unless you put the post all the way up, you're screwed.

#4680 11 months ago

I introduced some sag on the lower flippers. Seems to be more intuitive to my shot style. It's a bit late to analyze at the moment, but I'll put some more time on it tomorrow

#4687 11 months ago

Try removing left outlane post rubber.

I may give that a try tonight. I suppose the post will stay in the top position permanently

#4689 11 months ago

When we use the launch button to lock in a mode, is there a visual indicator on the screen or playfield that indicates the locked/unlocked status? I don't see one. It's definitely needed if it's not already present

#4692 11 months ago
Quoted from GrooTheWanderer:

As a simple solution suggestion for Spooky, maybe just change the blinking color of the mode's insert when locked vs not? Much more straightforward than having to look at the display for status. Probably easier to code too....

Perfect, that would do the job.

It has helped on other games I’ve owned but haven’t verified anything on scoob yet

Yes, my GnR is exactly like that. It actually came without a rubber on the left post. I thought it was missing and put one on. Massive difference. Suddenly it was a drain monster on the left. Removed the rubber, problem solved. Not sure why I didn't think to try it out on Scooby

#4694 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

do you need a snickers??? LOL!!! kidding aside, i removed that rubber on the left post and it does help! i run my games steeper than recommended, i like them a tad faster ( im at 7.2) and as a trade off i don't install the tilt bob on the thread bar so we can nudge away, but my pins are not location pins.

I definitely needed a snickers last night...lol. I'll remove the rubber and see how it plays. I'm level left to right, not sure on pitch. I lowered the front legs and raised the back legs almost all the way, so I know I'm somewhat steep. Is your post in the highest position?

#4713 11 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Think you need to reset things. I rarely have left lane drains in original position

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Same, although he did mention the stock position was too conservative for his liking. I left mine at stock position so far and I would say 80% of my drains are middle, 10% each outlane. Really that is admittedly too easy, but I like being able to progress through this one. And I'm sure I will need it once all the additional content hits.

On my game original position was post down, outlane wide open. I now have it up, and yeah it's a bit too tight, but oh well, that's where it's staying

#4719 11 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

my CE is in the mid 500s. I was itching to finally play Scooby today in Allentown after hearing a lot of "meh" about the game. Im happy to say I really enjoyed it. First off the game is stunning. The animations are good, and its flowy. I can see how game times will be a bit longer but thats fine in a larger lineup of games. I have deadpool which is long ball times along with some other games. Anyways very excited to get the game probably around July Im guessing. How many are they doing a week these days?

I believe 7 a week from a recent stream? And open up those outlanes, you won't have long ball times, I pinky promise.....

#4721 11 months ago

Sooo, we have this evil looking clown villain front and center on the topper, also on the front cab artwork. Is he in the game somewhere? I don't see him represented on the playfield or inserts?

#4727 11 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I think they’ve mentioned the plan is after character modes to put some other villains in!
I’m wondering if co-op is on the radar still? That would be such a cool addition and fits the theme perfectly.

I was looking at my games audits yesterday and noticed an audit for # of co-op games started, so I'd guess so.

Quoted from BlackBelt:

They’re adding more villain modes so he’ll likely be included.

That's interesting, since there aren't any additional villain inserts. I'm all for more villain modes, I'm just curious how they will implement them.

Unrealated thought: The Cutler multiball song isn't so bad when you're actually playing. It really worried me when hearing it on streams.

#4729 11 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

On Cutler MB have they looped in the instrumental version yet after the main one plays?

Not sure, I've not managed to keep multiball alive that long yet.....

#4730 11 months ago

Does anyone know for sure what the output voltage is from the shaker board to the shaker motor? I don't see an option in the menu to test fire it so I can check output voltage

Ok, it's 12v DC for future reference.
Next question, my shaker rarely ever activates. Is this normal? Is it just not coded in much yet? It's on, and I barely feel it about once every 3 games or so. Someone fill me in on when it's supposed to activate

#4732 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Probably 48 volts

It's 12v DC from the board to the shaker. Already confirmed. Thanks though!

#4735 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Woops, sorry, I missed your update. The shaker only seems to work currently as a "hurry up" warning for when you are running out of time in a mode. I hope they integrate it as much as Rick and Morty, for example. That game uses the shaker so well!

Ok, so nothing is wrong with my shaker then. It's just not coded in much at all yet. Good to know. Thanks again!

#4737 11 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

It is pretty underwhelming at the moment. It doesn't even shake very aggressively on my game. I hope they add things in like when you rip the spinners, wack Captain Cutler, etc.

Agreed

#4742 11 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Is there an option in the menu to change it so you can restart the game by holding start down?

A friend of mine says his Halloween is able to restart like that, but I didn't see an option. Maybe it's not coded in yet? Certainly would be nice, I've had more than enough crappy ball 1s.

#4750 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Need to have restart when the 5 year old presses start four or five times. Especially when the game takes so long to boot.

bingo-cousin-eddie (resized).pngbingo-cousin-eddie (resized).png
#4751 11 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

At the Allentown Show yesterday, I had to reset games several times because some smacked ass started 4 games and then walked off after playing one ball.
RM

This is sooooo irritating. We had people over last night, and as some people get more intoxicated, it happens.

#4757 11 months ago

Hey spooky (or anyone in the know), what's the good word on the next code update?

#4785 11 months ago

So, I updated. Everything went smoothly. I played a few games on the new code, and turned off the machine and went to eat dinner. A few hours later, I turn the machine back on, and it won't boot..... All I get is GI lit up, and topper/flipper buttons/speaker leds cycling through the colors. Backbox is lit also. But LCD screen is black, and game won't boot. Any ideas?

#4787 11 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Reseat the power to the LCD panel. Apparently if it isn't detected, the system won't boot.

I'll check that just in case. After two more power cycles, it booted up fine. So odd that it happened right after a code update though.

#4794 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, I updated. Everything went smoothly. I played a few games on the new code, and turned off the machine and went to eat dinner. A few hours later, I turn the machine back on, and it won't boot..... All I get is GI lit up, and topper/flipper buttons/speaker leds cycling through the colors. Backbox is lit also. But LCD screen is black, and game won't boot. Any ideas?

Quoted from spooky_dj:

High level explanation: the update re-configures how the computer identifies connected devices, so after the update completes, the machine reboots itself so those changes can take effect. Apologies for any concerns it may have caused!

So, would that cause what I described quoted above? What I experienced was different from the others.It finally booted after 3 power cycles. I havn't tried it yet today, as I'm at work.

#4832 11 months ago

I'm liking the designs, but how do you tighten the wood screw post into the playfield? Do you spin the whole piece until it's tight?

Screenshot_20230511_072244_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230511_072244_Brave (resized).jpg
#4836 11 months ago
Quoted from La4s:

What do you mean by a rubber playfield protector?

It is definitely not for everyone. Some people like a harder playing game but with it draining unfarily.

You use the existing mini post already attached in the lower position. Remove the rubber off the existing mini post, and loose the top of the inlane plastic. The post extender then slides overtop of the existing post, and then under the inlane plastic guide. Tighten back down the inlane guide, put the mini post rubber back on.
[quoted image]

Ahhh, I get it, so the mod just slides down over the existing post. Makes perfect sense now

#4857 11 months ago

I found perhaps a glitch, perhaps a repeatable bug in the new code. I completed all the shots for Black Knight playing as Velma. The van lit for the unmasking shot, and I hit it 2x but the game wouldn't acknowledge the shot. So, the unmasking timed out, music went back to default, but the van shot was still lit red like it was waiting for the unmasking shot. It didn't clear itself until I got mystery machine multiball. Anyone else see this behavior?

#4993 11 months ago

#312 still going strong with probably 150+ plays on it. Just some minor adjustments needed after shipping.

#5030 11 months ago
Quoted from n4297m:

I received #365 today. When I received it from R&L the box was in perfect condition. I unboxed the game and I agree with the other posters that it is visually beautiful. After getting the legs on and raising the backbox I started inspecting the game. I checked all the cable connections and solder joints in the backbox and under the playfield and in the cabinet and didn't see anything amiss. I am an electrical engineer by trade and examine circuit card assemblies daily. I checked for any shorts or other abnormalities and found nothing other than a few broken tie wraps in the bottom of the cabinet. By the way, a big thumbs up to the earlier poster that suggested the Pinball Life Side Art Guards, they are great!
Everything looked good. I proceeded to level the game and clean and install the balls. Then the moment of truth, I switched on the power. I immediately got a high pitched squeal from the speakers. After several minutes I saw random lights strobe, but nothing else, no Linux boot sequence or any other signs of life. I cycled power and then I got the Linux boot sequence along with the continued high pitch squeal that I hoped would go away once the boot process finished.
I did get the airfield splash screen and then loading screen with v2023.04.18.17 and then the service menu with Fred saying: "Something is haywire". I watched the box move down the service menu items until it stopped as shown in the picture and there it stays. The service menu buttons don't work and it just freezes.
I tried several more times with exactly the same result. I'll contact Spooky tomorrow, but I thought I would at least go out on a limb and see if anyone else has experienced this and has any suggestions.
I have to admit I was a little disappointed as this is truly a dream theme for me and I'm really hoping to get this up and running. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated truly!
John
[quoted image]

I have no idea if it's related, but just a page ago or so, someone posted a pic of wires pinched behind the service buttons. May be worth a look

#5040 11 months ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Man, been awhile since you posted, I was about to send the cops to do a well being check

Too busy playing Scooby! I finally knocked out a 40 million plus score! I went through all the villain modes and unmasked all but one (maybe two?). Unfortunately, they just reset due to the code not being developed yet, and I lost steam. Great game that will get much better with code updates!

#5059 11 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Got my updated LED board today, let's see what this new thing can do. Installation took less than 5 minutes
[quoted image]

I've been running the new code with the old board. I can't wait to see how different the light shows are once I get my new board. Keep us posted on what's changed!

#5079 11 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Apron is really cool you think it’s $500 nice? Deciding on getting one.

Short answer, NO. Longer answer, Very nice quality, but I can't justify $500 on an apron cover, just like I can't justify 1k to 2k for a damn topper.

#5155 11 months ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Great thanks lookyloo
I have Voodoo in my other games it I also like it better. Since I don't have a game yet, this is wide body glass right?

Yes, widebody glass.

#5200 11 months ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

RaM and TNA have some of the best code in pinball.

Both are fun games and hold their own, but that's a bold statement right there.....

#5244 11 months ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

The BallyKISS1978 figures look awesome. I like the ones he picked, as they are some from the set that don't have elbow/knee joints. Cheapest mod I've bought.
Be careful searching ebay (or... enjoy searching eBay depending on your taste). There are some raunchy Scooby Doo figures out there...

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

rushing to ebay.....

Yessir! From Ebay! And this was a tame example

Screenshot_20230522_224224_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230522_224224_eBay (resized).jpg
#5283 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Where are they currently?

I'd guess as closed as they can be

#5388 10 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

What’s the final verdict on adding springs to upper flip ? Unfortunately got my upper off now so I can give it a go if there is consensus .

I've not added one, but I do find the lower right shot (black knight I think) to be very frustrating with the stock spring. It never has enough snap to get the ball to that one shot.

#5406 10 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:Yes! I try for the passive sling on the upper first…if I bork that then I go for the drops.

Quoted from SlapDrain:

Just want to point out that the lower slings will also get you your first "brush dip".

I had no idea! To be clear, are we saying the lower slings, or the drop targets? Both were mentioned.

#5438 10 months ago
Quoted from PinDuderino:

Got my pitch set at 6.2° , plays great , no problems at all

Quoted from Jkaping:

Pitch was at 6.4. Increased to 6.6 and early trial is still producing airballs jumping off that ramp. I think the idea of an acrylic on the two lugs makes perfect sense. I’ll continue to increase pitch and see if it has any effect.

It's your game, set it how you want it. But, if I remember correctly, Spooky themselves said it should be pitched at 7°.

#5473 10 months ago

So, I've noticed, if you complete multiple character lanes (even though Velma is the only one coded) the VUK still lights each completed character as if a mode is ready to be started. It's kind of annoying when trying to start Velmas mode, but other character modes are lit even though they aren't coded in. Anyway, something seems to be switching which character mode is available at the VUK (much like how the spinner toggles the monster modes). My question is, what changes which character is lit at the VUK, and can you lock that in (like you can lock in a monster)? I hope that makes sense....

1 week later
#5669 10 months ago
Quoted from Sctizzle:

Does anyone have a good side by side comparison of Scooby with and without butter?

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Screenshot_20221207-112937_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221207-112937_Email (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230612_112616_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230612_112616_Brave (resized).jpg
#5714 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well all I can do is go pick it up and look it over. There wasn't another option.

Thanks I was not aware of this. I have only gotten one NIB game in my 20 years of doing this and that was a CCR that was hand delivered to me - it was just in its box not on a pallet.

Just an FYI in case you didn't know. The side of the box stamped "truck this side" should be the bottom of the game. I usually cut a small slit in the cardboard to make sure before I lay it down.

#5718 10 months ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Noticed something interesting today. I was playing with post locations but the light boards get in the way. There is a pre drilled hole for the factory setting on the right, but when moving the post up it pushes down the light board.
On the left factory position has the post below the board but it appears if I were to move the post up that would also push the board down.
Is everyone’s game this way or should my light board have pre established holes for the other post locations?

Mine is that way, I just left the light board screws a bit loose so I wasn't putting stress on the board. You can't tell any difference in the lighting once you put the playfield back down.

#5740 10 months ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I totally agree about the Lepai amps. My Scooby is in route this week, but I am already planning on giving it the same treatment as I did with my R&M as two simple changes made a world of difference.
First off, the amp itself. For about $65 I got another brand of amp and that made a world of difference. I just couldn't get the Lepai tuned to sound well and in R&M the boominess of the bass was rattling the glass a ton. The new amp changed all that. The next thing I did was replace the audio line-in cable that runs from the jack in the head down to the amp. I got a 10' one and routed it so it didn't run alongside all the other cables on one side of the cabinet. The old way the audio-in was routed was adding a hiss (?) you could hear when the game was in attract mode. New route fixed all of that. I'm pretty sure I needed to get a new cable anyways as the inputs on the replacement amp weren't the same but regardless, it shouldn't be alongside other cables.

What amp did you use?

#5756 10 months ago

Maybe I won't update to this newest code just yet.

#5793 10 months ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I feel your pain. I had to remove mine, having only a 7' basement ceiling. I plan to make a custom topper, though.

I also have a 7' ceiling. I unscrewed the middle and back portion of the topper from the mounting bracket and I'm rocking just the front row of villains. Looks fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CoolCatPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all?tu=CoolCatPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.