(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,623 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 233.
#4851 11 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

just got my preorder invoice

good to hear can I ask when you ordered?

Thanks

#4852 11 months ago

CE #498, received butter email today. Direct purchase.

#4853 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

good to hear can I ask when you ordered?
Thanks

When they an announced them during TPS , they posted them here

#4854 11 months ago

490 got butter email today. Ordered late day one direct from Spooky. Gonna look great next to my Ultraman. First NIB game. Played it a couple months locally and the wife and I both loved it.

#4855 11 months ago

Finally got to play one today while selling another pin! Pictures don’t do it justice! Even more excited now! Come on 908!!!

#4856 11 months ago
Quoted from boommerknight:

Finally got to play one today while selling another pin! Pictures don’t do it justice! Even more excited now! Come on 908!!!

I am so glad you had a chance to play while blessing me with you awesome IM Premium that I just can NOT stop playing. I still find time to go back to Scoby as it is a phenomenal game, and the code is not even finished!

#4857 11 months ago

I found perhaps a glitch, perhaps a repeatable bug in the new code. I completed all the shots for Black Knight playing as Velma. The van lit for the unmasking shot, and I hit it 2x but the game wouldn't acknowledge the shot. So, the unmasking timed out, music went back to default, but the van shot was still lit red like it was waiting for the unmasking shot. It didn't clear itself until I got mystery machine multiball. Anyone else see this behavior?

#4858 11 months ago

Tomorrow 5/12 11am PT we'll unbox and play, what I think is a CE (lol), at Lynn's Arcade in Seaside, CA. Follow TWITCH.TV/DRI374 for that GO LIVE notification.
ZOINKS!ZOINKS!

#4859 11 months ago

341 made it in! I have only been able to put a few games total on it but everything seems to be working!

Here is my initial thoughts. Spooky does a great job at packaging. Everything is wrapped up nicely and protected. The playfield looks amazing. Honestly a much better finish than any Stern I have including Foo and Godzilla. The cabinet decals are amazing. Way better than any Stern or JJP. Very clean finish with them.

I love the extra touches that you don't get on any other machine stock. Speaker lights, flipper lights, powder coated coin door, and topper.

I think this is a great package and at a great price. I really like the layout. Game really feels smooth. I personally like the music and callouts. Completely happy with this. I will have more time this weekend to play but I truly think it will become one of my favorite games.

20230511_193207 (resized).jpg20230511_193207 (resized).jpg
#4860 11 months ago

My #335 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Thanks to all who have posted on areas of QC focus. Going to go over it with a fine tooth comb before firing her up! Now....I gotta break it to my wife that another pin is being delivered. Wish me luck!

#4861 11 months ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

341 made it in! I have only been able to put a few games total on it but everything seems to be working!
Here is my initial thoughts. Spooky does a great job at packaging. Everything is wrapped up nicely and protected. The playfield looks amazing. Honestly a much better finish than any Stern I have including Foo and Godzilla. The cabinet decals are amazing. Way better than any Stern or JJP. Very clean finish with them.
I love the extra touches that you don't get on any other machine stock. Speaker lights, flipper lights, powder coated coin door, and topper.
I think this is a great package and at a great price. I really like the layout. Game really feels smooth. I personally like the music and callouts. Completely happy with this. I will have more time this weekend to play but I truly think it will become one of my favorite games.
[quoted image]

Someone likes the Walking Dead!

#4862 11 months ago

Haha one of those is for sale. I originally had a pro but recently found a premium near me so I bought it! I hope you get your game going!

Quoted from Svenop:

Someone likes the Walking Dead!

#4863 11 months ago

I finally got my SD back together after all the lantern testing.

I added precision flippers to all 4 flippers and some accent lighting under the upper playfield.

IMG_1084 (resized).jpegIMG_1084 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1088 (resized).jpegIMG_1088 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1087 (resized).jpegIMG_1087 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1083 (resized).jpegIMG_1083 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1085 (resized).jpegIMG_1085 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1089 (resized).jpegIMG_1089 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1086 (resized).jpegIMG_1086 (resized).jpeg

#4864 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I added precision flippers to all 4 flippers and some accent lighting under the upper playfield.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Absolutely love the ramp lights!! Nice touch!!

#4865 11 months ago

A bit late posting, but life keeps getting in the way. Scooby Doo (Collectors Edition) #256 landed here recently. No delay from Spooky, but as this was my first NIB I was not going to risk shipping so ran up North to SpookyLand to pick it up as quickly as my schedule allowed!

Call me sentimental if you will, but yes I did frame part of the shipping box! (As you can see below)

It is a beautiful machine, fast and challenging (at least for an old E.M.’er like me)! Crazy cool light shows, and then they go and announce a hardware upgrade to the light controller. Looking forward to the next levels of crazy lights!

IMG_3862 (resized).jpegIMG_3862 (resized).jpeg
#4866 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Damn that looks great and really accents that dark area. You know you have to share what you did now. Surprised Lermods doesn’t have something for this as they are my go to for these kinds add ons.

Btw how did the precision install go. Was the upper playfield change a massive pain as I expect? And did they make any difference to you. You are the first person I know of that put precisions in Scooby.

#4867 11 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

A bit late posting, but life keeps getting in the way. Scooby Doo (Collectors Edition) #256 landed here recently. No delay from Spooky, but as this was my first NIB I was not going to risk shipping so ran up North to SpookyLand to pick it up as quickly as my schedule allowed!
Call me sentimental if you will, but yes I did frame part of the shipping box! (As you can see below)
It is a beautiful machine, fast and challenging (at least for an old E.M.’er like me)! Crazy cool light shows, and then they go and announce a hardware upgrade to the light controller. Looking forward to the next levels of crazy lights![quoted image]

Have to say I’m loving that framed box! Might have to borrow that idea. Fortunately we still have ours. Have a few Spooky posters on the wall already. That might be a nice added touch…and, NO, it’s not strictly Spooky; we do have Sterns on the wall too. Just enjoy good pinball. Spooky does get the most play here though. Haha.

#4868 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

lighting is great, what did you use for that??

#4869 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Damn that looks great and really accents that dark area. You know you have to share what you did now. Surprised Lermods doesn’t have something for this as they are my go to for these kinds add ons.
Btw how did the precision install go. Was the upper playfield change a massive pain as I expect? And did they make any difference to you. You are the first person I know of that put precisions in Scooby.

Thanks! Yes - the precisions were a massive pain because of the bookcase flipper. I had to use a solid precision for the upper left and drill/tap mounting holes for the bookcase (in addition to shaving the mounting slot in the bookcase itself to accommodate).

Quoted from ls1chris:

lighting is great, what did you use for that??

I just used Comet Matrix - blue and green 1 pad SMDs on the 4 left paths (taped to the clear shields above with led pointed down) and a 6 led pad stuck to the underside of the ball lock mech behind the right spinner. It required 2 3 way splitters and a couple of extensions. I had the upper playfield off, but I think it would be possible to mount the LEDs without taking off the upper playfield (just remove the stone wall face). I stole 5V from the coin door LEDs, but there's a couple other 5V spots that are easy to get to as well.

#4870 11 months ago
Quoted from dri:

Tomorrow 5/12 11am PT we'll unbox and play, what I think is a CE (lol), at Lynn's Arcade in Seaside, CA. Follow TWITCH.TV/DRI374 for that GO LIVE notification.
[quoted image]

Looking forward to catching the stream! Will be working & lurking though. Boo!

#4871 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Thanks! Yes - the precisions were a massive pain because of the bookcase flipper. I had to use a solid precision for the upper left and drill/tap mounting holes for the bookcase (in addition to shaving the mounting slot in the bookcase itself to accommodate).

I just used Comet Matrix - blue and green 1 pad SMDs on the 4 left paths (taped to the clear shields above with led pointed down) and a 6 led pad stuck to the underside of the ball lock mech behind the right spinner. It required 2 3 way splitters and a couple of extensions. I had the upper playfield off, but I think it would be possible to mount the LEDs without taking off the upper playfield (just remove the stone wall face). I stole 5V from the coin door LEDs, but there's a couple other 5V spots that are easy to get to as well.

What other areas have 5v? I have some lighting plans too. Thanks in advance.

#4872 11 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The 12v/5v psu is mounted on the botton in the back left of the cab

#4873 11 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

There was another 5V lead coming off the power board but I didn't follow it to see where it went. There's also an unused 5V/12v output on the power board - you just need to fashion a 2 pin .156 header (or use the blank 4 pin header that's plugged into the unused output).

And you could tap off the 5/12 PSU too.

#4874 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Thanks definitely interested in the lighting mods as they definitely add to the game. Will have to look into this once we get our game.

Wish this was on at the factory but of course this extra lighting would add to game cost, time to build and I am sure not everyone cares for it.

#4875 11 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Dude! That looks killer!

#4876 11 months ago

Yeah I agree this looks amazing. Great work Damonator

How did you do the tie in to the door LEDs? This will be my first Scooby game and won't be getting in for a fews months so haven't seen the coin door back. Did you use the Comet bulb insert connector or alligator clips?

Quoted from Damonator:

There was another 5V lead coming off the power board but I didn't follow it to see where it went. There's also an unused 5V/12v output on the power board - you just need to fashion a 2 pin .156 header (or use the blank 4 pin header that's plugged into the unused output).
And you could tap off the 5/12 PSU too.

#4877 11 months ago

I got a good bit more games on it. Man I am enjoying it! So far no issues still. Really liking it and I really feel it compliments my games.

#4878 11 months ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Yeah I agree this looks amazing. Great work Damonator
How did you do the tie in to the door LEDs? This will be my first Scooby game and won't be getting in for a fews months so haven't seen the coin door back. Did you use the Comet bulb insert connector or alligator clips?

I actually disconnected mine temporarily and made an IDC to JST connector, but using one of the quick connect 555s would be the best route:

IMG_1091 (resized).jpegIMG_1091 (resized).jpeg

#4879 11 months ago

CE #298 delivered to work yesterday afternoon!!!! Setting it up for office workers to play it today! Noticed that the orange wire form wasn't attached and can't find the screw anywhere.

Scooby doo pinball photos (3) (resized).JPGScooby doo pinball photos (3) (resized).JPGScooby doo pinball photos (4) (resized).JPGScooby doo pinball photos (4) (resized).JPGScooby doo pinball photos (6) (resized).JPGScooby doo pinball photos (6) (resized).JPGScooby doo pinball photos (2) (resized).JPGScooby doo pinball photos (2) (resized).JPG
#4881 11 months ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Noticed that the orange wire form wasn't attached and can't find the screw anywhere.

This was the only problem with 224 as well. The Orange wireform just screws onto that standoff on top of the sling plastic. It does look like the screw is missing but it is just a simple machine screw. If you don't have any spare screws take off that standoff and take it with you to a hardware store and for $0.03 you can get your game up and running.

Note: When you do reattach the orange wireform check that a ball can easily pass through it. I had to bend one of the tines toward the apron so the ball would flow smoothly after I reattached it.

#4882 11 months ago

Stuby-Doo Where did you get the glass cover mat? I really like the custom mat.

#4883 11 months ago

Reminder to keep checking your standup target mounting screws. Ours keep working their way out consistently with play.

#4884 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Reminder to keep checking your standup target mounting screws. Ours keep working their way out consistently with play.

Maybe fill and use a wider screw with lock washer?

#4885 11 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe fill and use a wider screw with lock washer?

Eventually… but most of the screws are tight. They just take a lot of abuse it seems

#4886 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Eventually… but most of the screws are tight. They just take a lot of abuse it seems

Refresh my memory...is this a location or home game?

#4887 11 months ago

Well I thought my troubles were over with Scooby. I never mentioned our number btw. It's a CE 107.

After a few hours on the floor last night the game started to lose all power to the coils and switches. Some of the LEDs stay lit constantly and the game sits there as if you're still in play.

I'm trying to track down if this is another short problem. It seems to happen when the left flipper is engaged. It doesn't happen every time, but it is definitely related to the left flipper in some way. If I test the switch and the coil in test mode it tests fine and I don't lose power. I had a second warden board that I got from AJ for troubleshooting the previous issue. Swapped it in and had the same issue.

Hopefully it's just another ground and I can locate it. If not I'm not quite sure what to do.

Edit: ran test mode one more time and it's definitely the bottom left flipper coil causing the issue.

#4888 11 months ago
Quoted from ddrpriest:

Well I thought my troubles were over with Scooby. I never mentioned our number btw. It's a CE 107.
After a few hours on the floor last night the game started to lose all power to the coils and switches. Some of the LEDs stay lit constantly and the game sits there as if you're still in play.
I'm trying to track down if this is another short problem. It seems to happen when the left flipper is engaged. It doesn't happen every time, but it is definitely related to the left flipper in some way. If I test the switch and the coil in test mode it tests fine and I don't lose power. I had a second warden board that I got from AJ for troubleshooting the previous issue. Swapped it in and had the same issue.
Hopefully it's just another ground and I can locate it. If not I'm not quite sure what to do.
Edit: ran test mode one more time and it's definitely the bottom left flipper coil causing the issue.

Not sure if this is related but they had me check the EOS switch in test mode by manually moving the mech. They wanted to see one or maybe 2 triggers not multiple. I was also advised to put a business card in the EOS and close the switch on it and "clean" it. I was told I could see grime come out. Not sure why that would be on a new game with new components. Mine were clean and triggering only once.

#4889 11 months ago

Deco Flip & Games. He's out of France, but I have one of his covers for each of my machines. https://www.facebook.com/achristophe31?__tn__=%2Cd

Pinball covers (resized).JPGPinball covers (resized).JPG
#4890 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Not sure if this is related but they had me check the EOS switch in test mode by manually moving the mech. They wanted to see one or maybe 2 triggers not multiple. I was also advised to put a business card in the EOS and close the switch on it and "clean" it. I was told I could see grime come out. Not sure why that would be on a new game with new components. Mine were clean and triggering only once

Thanks for the tips. I'll check that and see if it helps.

This behavior is really odd. When the game first boots the left flipper will stick on for a second then drop on its own. This past power cycle it did small rapid powering on and off then stopped. When I enter coil test the left flipper sticks on by itself then shuts off and then both left and right flippers get no power. Everything else seems ok.

#4891 11 months ago
Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

Deco Flip & Games. He's out of France, but I have one of his covers for each of my machines. https://www.facebook.com/achristophe31?__tn__=%2Cd
[quoted image]

They look great. Are they blanket like or are they rigid covers?

I currently have pinshields on all my games but I kind of like this idea better.

#4892 11 months ago

Thanks, I'll reach out to them.

Quoted from Stuby-Doo:

[quoted image]

#4893 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

They look great. Are they blanket like or are they rigid covers?
I currently have pinshields on all my games but I kind of like this idea better.

They are a flexible foam cover that easily rolls up when you are playing your games.

pinball cover (resized).JPGpinball cover (resized).JPG
#4894 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Not sure if this is related but they had me check the EOS switch in test mode by manually moving the mech. They wanted to see one or maybe 2 triggers not multiple. I was also advised to put a business card in the EOS and close the switch on it and "clean" it. I was told I could see grime come out. Not sure why that would be on a new game with new components. Mine were clean and triggering only once.

After getting a reply from AJ discussing the EOS switch I tested it again. All my previous tests didn't show any issues. As soon as AJ emails me and I check again it fires off about 10 times for one stroke. Definitely an issue for everyone to keep an eye on. Seems to just be the left one. I swapped the EOS switch with a new one I had on hand and so far so good. Thank the maker! Haha

#4895 11 months ago
Quoted from ddrpriest:

After getting a reply from AJ discussing the EOS switch I tested it again. All my previous tests didn't show any issues. As soon as AJ emails me and I check again it fires off about 10 times for one stroke. Definitely an issue for everyone to keep an eye on. Seems to just be the left one. I swapped the EOS switch with a new one I had on hand and so far so good. Thank the maker! Haha

I wonder if they can do anything in the Warden firmware or in the game code, maybe some switches are missing a debounce time? Ideally having a flaky EOS switch shouldn't overwhelm the hardware/game to the point of bringing the game down.

The good news is, it is resolved and the board didn't blow.

#4896 11 months ago
Quoted from ddrpriest:

I have had brand new leaf switches janky from the start. Some were due to some sort of preservative on the contacts that was hell to clean off.

After cleaning they hit reliably.

RussM

#4897 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I wonder if they can do anything in the Warden firmware or in the game code, maybe some switches are missing a debounce time? Ideally having a flaky EOS switch shouldn't overwhelm the hardware/game to the point of bringing the game down.
The good news is, it is resolved and the board didn't blow.

Code fixes or monitors for these types of error should be a priority.

From DJ earlier in the thread:

If you go into the switch test menu, then manually lift the flipper, you *should* see one, maybe two EOS triggers show up in the list. If you see more like 5 to 10 or more EOS triggers each time you raise the flipper, you'll want to clean the contacts. What can happen is the game thinks the flipper got knocked back down (by a fast ball return for example) so it pulses the main flipper coil again to overcome the force of the ball and keep the flipper up. Now, there *is* a timeout period on the order of a couple hundred milliseconds, so your main coil will never stay energized for too long, even if your EOS is completely missing (PTC fuses should protect the FET in that case), however if that EOS keeps flipflopping, the coil will just keep pulsing as fast as the switch flipflops. We're watching for it on the line now, and luckily it's very easy to test for and fix at home! And I'm also looking at implementing a watch in code to detect this event, and handle it more gracefully.

#4898 11 months ago
Quoted from ddrpriest:

can you meter that coil out on resistance and post your numbers? red lead on red and probe the other two with black?

#4899 11 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Finally got my spooky sign.
[quoted image]

Where can I order that awesome sign or was it custom?

#4900 11 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Where can I order that awesome sign or was it custom?

not sure its the same as his but here is a similar one ebay.com link: itm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/98?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.