(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 229.
#4051 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

yeah it would, the flipper has to work harder to flip up by overcoming the stronger spring
might not be noticeable in practice, but the coil is working harder and heating up faster (not that fade would be much of an issue on that upper playfield)

The point is that the added, stronger return springs are not to increase the normal flipper power. It’s to increase the bookcase top power.

#4052 11 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Legs already at max to hit 7 degrees.

I’d say the back legs at max would be more than 7 degrees playfield angle … probably over 8 …

Might pay to recheck that.

rd

#4053 11 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I love the way the game loads new code,so easy compared to other spooky games which I have had some trouble loading.
Also I believe I used a stronger spring than the game in the stream and it work’s great

Which spring did you use?

#4054 11 months ago

242 delivered and set up. No adjustments needed. I’m impressed.

#4055 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’d say the back legs at max would be more than 7 degrees playfield angle … probably over 8 …
rd

At full extension of the rear legs, my digital level shows 7.1 degrees. It does not slope like my Williams or Stern ones at partial ext only.

#4056 11 months ago

Excited! Received and paid my invoice for #335 from Nitro! What are others seeing in terms of paid invoice to delivery date times?

#4057 11 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Excited! Received and paid my invoice for #335 from Nitro! What are others seeing in terms of paid invoice to delivery date times?

I paid 16 days ago. Game will be here tomorrow.

#4058 11 months ago

Working on getting the instructions for our Scooby Doo mods posted to our instructions site but, for now, email [email protected] if you need them and I'll send them right to you.

Kaydee @ OutpostKodelia

#4059 11 months ago

Just a simple black light bulb in a ceiling track light fixture…$7.00 for the bulb. Effect diminishes with game lights on obviously but not bad for 7 bucks. Haha. Definitely illustrates that attention to detail! Thanks, Spooky. Can also catch a glimpse of what it does with Vinoman’s pumpkin leaves mod in Halloween. May be looking for some small neon toys to add here and there.

5BC93BE4-8EA5-4A95-914D-EC2FC2B5F712 (resized).jpeg5BC93BE4-8EA5-4A95-914D-EC2FC2B5F712 (resized).jpeg6F4E326B-B9B5-4E73-A89F-0E5A9D99F031 (resized).jpeg6F4E326B-B9B5-4E73-A89F-0E5A9D99F031 (resized).jpegCE18CD5C-917F-40B4-9884-2C5E8D3007BD (resized).jpegCE18CD5C-917F-40B4-9884-2C5E8D3007BD (resized).jpeg

#4060 11 months ago

Is there a secret multiball tied to skill shots?

Ball 1 I launched and had the drop targets as skill shot. The ball bounced off the first drop target and hit the middle sling and flung back and forth between the drop targets and middle sling. There was no call out or display but the machine suddenly fed out 2 more balls. It seemed aware of the 2 extra balls because when I lost 2 of the 3 the game continued until I finally drained the 3rd ball

#4061 11 months ago

Full payment sent for butter CE#305 about 10 days ago (late post - sorry)

#4062 11 months ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Full payment sent for butter CE#305 about 10 days ago (late post - sorry)

just don't let it happen again

#4063 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Is there a secret multiball tied to skill shots?

Ball 1 I launched and had the drop targets as skill shot. The ball bounced off the first drop target and hit the middle sling and flung back and forth between the drop targets and middle sling. There was no call out or display but the machine suddenly fed out 2 more balls. It seemed aware of the 2 extra balls because when I lost 2 of the 3 the game continued until I finally drained the 3rd ball

This exact same thing happened to me about an hour ago. Got the Drops Sklill shot and it bounced between them and the right sling and suddenly I got a 3 ball mutiball. Maybe super skill shot multi ball

#4064 11 months ago

Anyone else see this on FB earlier today?! Notice the T shirt Scott is wearing. Is it a hint?

Screenshot_20230420_150154_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230420_150154_Facebook (resized).jpg
#4065 11 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Anyone else see this on FB earlier today?! Notice the T shirt Scott is wearing. Is it a hint?
[quoted image]

Man I hope not lol. I’m broke and I’m out of room once Scooby arrives but man how amazing would a Goonies pin be!

#4066 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Man I hope not lol. I’m broke and I’m out of room once Scooby arrives but man how amazing would a Goonies pin be!

It's pretty much an instant buy theme for me. I'll have to sell something if it comes to fruition.

#4067 11 months ago

Chester Copperpot multiball!

#4068 11 months ago

Yea absolutely insta buy for me. Tough desicions will have to be made as I have zero room.

#4069 11 months ago

I agree and just like Scooby it’s another game we would just have to have. Jaws is about the only other theme that would also be a must buy.

#4070 11 months ago

Oh god no... please don't release Goonies... I'm still recovering from open-wallet surgery, I can't take another massive excision.

#4071 11 months ago

Why are you saying Goonies? He is recording new voice overs, so outside of his shirt, what voice overs would he do for goonies? He has done Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Legghorn, Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble, Popeye,Astro from Jetsons, Poppa Smurf, Captain Caveman, Yogi and Boo-boo Bear.

#4072 11 months ago

Which spring did you use?

As you can see I have lots of choices but this is what I added to the flipper I just pulled on them until I found one that I believed would greatly increase performance with out to much resistance.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4073 11 months ago

Back Alley has the "Shannon" mod right? I can't find it on their website. How do I get one?

#4074 11 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Back Alley has the "Shannon" mod right? I can't find it on their website. How do I get one?

Just contact Matt. You can e-mail from the site, or call the number posted. He claims that he has everything available, but they are having issues getting them back on the website.

#4075 11 months ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

21 days from payment to delivery for me.

#4076 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Used the pinguy app and set it for 7, its usually pretty good. But, I have a digital level I'll double check it with later.

#4077 11 months ago

#255 waiting to clear customs, should arrive monday pending clearance.

#4078 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Truffle shuffle multiball + 2 Pin limit at my house = Godzilla’s on thin ice

#4079 11 months ago

Public service announcement: Spooky is up to the high 300's for the butter no butter email. Mine for #371 came through yesterday about 4 PM.

#4080 11 months ago

rd

With mine cranked all the way up in back it plays great. My flippers dont fade and the upper is fun. So in my situation degree angle is irrelevant. Alotta of my games/not all are set up like this as that's the way I like it. Keep in mind I never play more than a few games in a row on any given machine in a session. No tournaments or gatherings, just the wife and i so flipper fade is rarely an issue in our house.

#4081 11 months ago
Quoted from discosucks:

Public service announcement: Spooky is up to the high 300's for the butter no butter email. Mine for #371 came through yesterday about 4 PM.

I got my butter/no butter e-mail from PinballStar on 4/18. Haven’t been invoiced yet. My number is #403

#4082 11 months ago

Got my invoice for 379 last night. Went with butter. Now begins the worst part of waiting knowing it is so close

#4083 11 months ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Truffle shuffle multiball + 2 Pin limit at my house = Godzilla’s on thin ice

Know the feeling. Haha. Always have to sell one to get one. # pin limit here based on wallet size not room size. Scooby and Halloween are definite keepers. Can't envision getting rid of Deadpool (first NIB and still love it) but UGGH! This spring was a great period of new pinball. We got the game we wanted and, fortunately, have been able to find the other new releases in close proximity to play. Just going to have to see where Pulp Fiction lands...just to play! Scooby easily scratched the "new game at home" itch.

#4084 11 months ago

I personally am done buying Spooky games until I see how the code is completed on Halloween. Not to be a downer but its hard hearing about New games from them until the others are completed.

#4085 11 months ago

So we went to our local Cracker Barrel the other day to find they got a shipment of some pretty sweet Scooby items! Attached is the Scooby Hawaiian shirt I snagged.

Figured my fellow Scooby fans might appreciate this info.

IMG_5804 (resized).jpegIMG_5804 (resized).jpeg
#4086 11 months ago

Hey everyone! I mentioned a while back that I was working on new sculpted hands for the apron ball locks. Well, I finally finished the prototypes and I'm super happy with the result. I didn't just directly repro the existing hands, though, I made some changes:

- Broke out the pinky finger that was almost unnoticeable on the original black hand.
- Colorized it to match the colors of the Green Ghoul (did my best to average out the varying colors shown in different representations of him throughout the game).
- Added the missing manacle and chain on the left hand. The chain is actually positionable so you can put it wherever you like.
- Added slight curvature to the hand and fingers to look more natural while not blocking the ball path (hard to see in the photos).

So, whaddya think?
-Kaydee

Hand 1 (resized).jpgHand 1 (resized).jpgHand 2 (resized).jpgHand 2 (resized).jpgHand 3 (resized).jpgHand 3 (resized).jpg
#4087 11 months ago

It’s obviously a guess but before Scooby was announced Bug and several others wore Scooby shirts on streams and at conventions. And later confirmed they had fun with the inside joke.

Also he can do tons of voices not just the ones listed on his IMDb. He’s been on Podcasts and interviews and has done a ton of impressions. With Goonies they could need some voice talent for Sloth or Mama Fratelli or perhaps just an announcer. Also sometimes not all the talent will participate he could be doing literally anything.

I’m not saying it is Goonies. But it could be. He could be doing a bunch of callouts and background for Army of Darkness.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Why are you saying Goonies? He is recording new voice overs, so outside of his shirt, what voice overs would he do for goonies? He has done Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Legghorn, Fred Flintstone, Barney Rubble, Popeye,Astro from Jetsons, Poppa Smurf, Captain Caveman, Yogi and Boo-boo Bear.

#4088 11 months ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey everyone! I mentioned a while back that I was working on new sculpted hands for the apron ball locks. Well, I finally finished the prototypes and I'm super happy with the result. I didn't just directly repro the existing hands, though, I made some changes:
- Broke out the pinky finger that was almost unnoticeable on the original black hand.
- Colorized it to match the colors of the Green Ghoul (did my best to average out the varying colors shown in different representations of him throughout the game).
- Added the missing manacle and chain on the left hand. The chain is actually positionable so you can put it wherever you like.
- Added slight curvature to the hand and fingers to look more natural while not blocking the ball path (hard to see in the photos).
So, whaddya think?
-Kaydee[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, is there enough clearance? Mine nearly touch the glass. Also, query how.they will hold up with the pressure of the PF resting on them when it is upright for servicing.

#4089 11 months ago

So, whaddya think?

Nice! I was going to heat and bend my black hand replacement this weekend, but now I want those. If you need someone to test them, I'm in . Otherwise, I think I'll just wait for a set if these to fix the broken hand.

#4090 11 months ago

I'm still waiting for a mod to help camouflage the infamous "Apron dongs"

#4091 11 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I personally am done buying Spooky games until I see how the code is completed on Halloween. Not to be a downer but its hard hearing about New games from them until the others are completed.

Not really the right forum for this, but I get it. After 6 weekes we are still struggling to get Scooby stable and playable and then the thought that they are already focusing on a new title can be a little maddening.

I am optimistic they will continue to improve code and features for previous titles. ... don't think they will be able to survive in this competitive market otherwise.

#4092 11 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Looks great, is there enough clearance? Mine nearly touch the glass. Also, query how.they will hold up with the pressure of the PF resting on them when it is upright for servicing.

They do just barely clear the glass. The manacle just kisses the underside of the glass when it's all buttoned up, but as long as you're gentle inserting the glass, it's good, and the manacle is just a snap on, so it can be removed if needed. As to servicing... I'm glad you asked that... I hadn't noticed that they were the point of contact with the backbox. But I just tested it, and as long as you're careful they seem to be fine. Tough to speak to the long term though. But I leaned it up then pressed against the playfield with a little weight and they flexed a little but held up fine. I would recommend removing the manacle for servicing though because the extra height caused it to make contact before the other side and take 100% of the load.

#4093 11 months ago

They do just barely clear the glass. The manacle just kisses the underside of the glass when it's all buttoned up, but as long as you're gentle inserting the glass, it's good, and the manacle is just a snap on, so it can be removed if needed. As to servicing... I'm glad you asked that... I hadn't noticed that they were the point of contact with the backbox. But I just tested it, and as long as you're careful they seem to be fine. Tough to speak to the long term though. But I leaned it up then pressed against the playfield with a little weight and they flexed a little but held up fine. I would recommend removing the manacle for servicing though because the extra height caused it to make contact before the other side and take 100% of the load.

Put the playfield up against the backbox and see if they hit or will break. Stock ones do and yours don't look as flexible and might snap.

Not a reason not to buy these but something to test and include a warning if it could be a problem for your customers

#4094 11 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Put the playfield up against the backbox and see if they hit or will break. Stock ones do and yours don't look as flexible and will probably snap

I bought a piece of pipe insulation - like a foam tube - and cut it to slightly smaller that the top lip of the backbox. I just keep that foam with my blade protectors and pop the foam onto the back and then there's a cushion for the hands to rest on.

#4095 11 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I bought a piece of pipe insulation - like a foam tube - and cut it to slightly smaller that the top lip of the backbox. I just keep that foam with my blade protectors and pop the foam onto the back and then there's a cushion for the hands to rest on.

Ya I did the same with a pool noodle. Would be good for the seller to warn buyers though if it can break them

#4096 11 months ago

So, whaddya think?

Please take my money

#4097 11 months ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Not really the right forum for this, but I get it. After 6 weekes we are still struggling to get Scooby stable and playable and then the thought that they are already focusing on a new title can be a little maddening.
I am optimistic they will continue to improve code and features for previous titles. ... don't think they will be able to survive in this competitive market otherwise.

I understand these take time and they got to be working on new stuff, but it is frustrating to have folks waiting on code and for the machines to be finished from their last game run, while they got a new machine that needs attention, and then they are going to be working on something new already? While I look Spooky, they still need to get their previous games sorted out and still have to prove themselves on this one.

#4098 11 months ago

I would agree with you if the guys working on Halloween/UM code and the guys working on Scooby Doo code were the same people but they aren’t.
In reality Spooky while ona smaller scale is doing the same as any other pinball company as far as code. If you look stern released new code on 20 different machines yesterday. It’s all different or mostly different teams.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I understand these take time and they got to be working on new stuff, but it is frustrating to have folks waiting on code and for the machines to be finished from their last game run, while they got a new machine that needs attention, and then they are going to be working on something new already? While I look Spooky, they still need to get their previous games sorted out and still have to prove themselves on this one.

#4099 11 months ago

Has anyone landed on if this type of shooter lane protector is useful in scoob?

https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

I know the 'Pindefender' has come up in past posts but I cant remember if it was working well after use...thanks!

#4100 11 months ago

So, whaddya think?

Looks awesome! Will be ordering you mods for Scooby once my mod fund is replenished. Will definitely get this also. Well done!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground
Plastics
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin
Toppers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carnation, WA
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 11,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 229.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/82?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.