(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,591 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by dnapac
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 232.
#4001 12 months ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

what a rip off, 295 for a monitor and 105. for a cheese bracket!?!!?

I mean, I'm not trying to knock a fellow vendor on Pinside. But yeah, that's why we rolled our own alternative.

#4002 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is it just a standard HDMI connection so basically any display you can make fit in there will work as long as it has an HDMI port and can be plugged into the cabinet via its own power supply?
I only ask because I picked up a gorgeous 15.6" IPS QHD LCD for my VPIN about a year ago from Uperfect and really looks good in there.
Not saying I am replacing the screen as we didn't really notice any issues with the unit we played but not against making a change if need be.

If you want to swap out only the display panel, you just have to make sure its connector is compatible with the one on the HDMI driver board that Spooky is using, then figure out how to mount it. Alternatively, you can replace the whole monitor and driver board as long as the new board runs on 12v, uses HDMI, and has a 1/8" audio passthrough jack... and you'll still have to figure out how to mount it. But it's all very doable. We have one of our homegrown solutions in our TNA, R&M, and Scooby and they look great.

#4003 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Not saying I am replacing the screen as we didn't really notice any issues with the unit we played but not against making a change if need be.

The big difference is going to be that the IPS screens will have deeper blacks, more vibrant colors, and better side-to-side and up-and-down visibility angles.

#4004 12 months ago

It’s so much better with the IPS. I’m a little taller and all the spooky screens look washed out from my view. I have to crouch down to get a good view. Looks good from every angle now.

#4005 12 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So looks like code update didn’t fix it. I tried turning the flipper power down but humm still there. It’s not as loud but still there. Even with the sound turned up my family and I can still hear it. And insight Spooky??

If you haven't already, reach out to support. That way the issue is sure to get logged, and sure to get some visibility.

#4006 12 months ago

Here are the 3 ball trap protectors I received from Spooky

20230419_142607 (resized).jpg20230419_142607 (resized).jpg
#4007 12 months ago

When I restored my Indiana Jones I had buzzing when flipper was raised. Figured out coil sleeve wasn’t put on right and loose so it moved and vibrated. Check this.

#4008 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Here are the 3 ball trap protectors I received from Spooky[quoted image]

Got those today as well!

#4009 12 months ago

So looks like code update didn’t fix it. I tried turning the flipper power down but humm still there. It’s not as loud but still there. Even with the sound turned up my family and I can still hear it. And insight Spooky??

Same here, still buzzing.

I let AJ know

#4010 12 months ago

I also noticed this on my game.

#4011 12 months ago

There is always a flipper Humm or buzz to an extent. What I would consider a reasonable extent typically. Previous code though the specific pulse caused a high pitch whine. We were able to take care of that on the games we tested in the shop. Maybe send a video to service and we can take a look. I can do some testing tomorrow on some games on the line as well and see how those are.

#4012 12 months ago

On the outlane posts - I'm planning to add two identical posts in the empty holes - what are the rubber washers? I have to hit the HW store for the right size tee nuts anyway.
20230419_183827 (resized).jpg20230419_183827 (resized).jpg
I also got the replacement "hand" plastic from Spooky the other day. Does anyone have a good method of bending this properly? Maybe a heat gun and the rounded edge of something .
20230419_184724 (resized).jpg20230419_184724 (resized).jpg

#4013 12 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

On the outlane posts - I'm planning to add two identical posts in the empty holes - what are the rubber washers? I have to hit the HW store for the right size tee nuts anyway.
[quoted image]
I also got the replacement "hand" plastic from Spooky the other day. Does anyone have a good method of bending this properly? Maybe a heat gun and the rounded edge of something .
[quoted image]

literally just put a black hand on 30 minutes ago.
I just screwed it on then lightly heat gunned it. Easy peasey.

#4014 12 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Same plan here.

#4015 12 months ago

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or just a one time thing, but I had it lose track of the number of balls when I had SSMB going and then started MMMB while I still had two balls. I’m on the just released code.

Anyone else have that happen?

#4016 12 months ago

The dimensions and scale are all wrong, as I don't have a post on hand to measure accurately. Here is a proof of concept for a 3D printed post that will connect to the lower post position using the exsisting post stud, but create a new post positioned halfway between the two available post hole locations. I will try and work on this concept a little more this weekend and 3D print something out.

Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

3d post-scooby (resized).png3d post-scooby (resized).png
#4017 12 months ago

Loving my scooby doo
Crank back legs up all the way
Wax or even better plexus the upper playfield and Do the stronger spring or springs and the game including upper will rip and upper is so much fun!

#4018 12 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Got those today as well!

Did you guys have to request them or did Spooky just send them? I've still only had 1 ball get stuck after a month of owning (coming off the upper playfield to the left), but would like to add these to my game.

#4019 12 months ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Did you guys have to request them or did Spooky just send them? I've still only had 1 ball get stuck after a month of owning (coming off the upper playfield to the left), but would like to add these to my game.

Request them, just send Morgan an email and your shipping address.

#4020 12 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

Curious if anyone has received their Back Alley apron mods yet? I 'm sure they're really busy, just curious if they've started to go out yet?

Nope. Haven’t gotten notice. They said about 28 days to ship and it’s been longer than that at this point so should be any day now.

#4021 12 months ago

Okay so as I mentioned again my scooby was locking up mid game.

I managed to play a game completely with no lockdown bar . I noticed a couple things off.

Ring light is only half lit.
Zip tie in ring light melted/cut?
Ring light positioning, where should it be? It looked Ike it was sitting close to the lockdown bar so maybe that was shorting ?
Is there supposed to be a wire sitting in my right lockdown receiver ?
Finally loose hex screw .

If someone could send pics of their setup under the lockdown bar that would be awesome
1F530850-A036-4531-A4EB-FFA59246DE7D (resized).jpeg1F530850-A036-4531-A4EB-FFA59246DE7D (resized).jpegCEEEC71A-9731-4C48-B34A-721B7636C36E (resized).jpegCEEEC71A-9731-4C48-B34A-721B7636C36E (resized).jpegD02A0D35-FECE-4A19-80A6-57CACE9A983B (resized).jpegD02A0D35-FECE-4A19-80A6-57CACE9A983B (resized).jpegDB46C483-AA86-41E7-8C04-77EA8B8D1992 (resized).jpegDB46C483-AA86-41E7-8C04-77EA8B8D1992 (resized).jpeg

#4022 12 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

Okay so as I mentioned again my scooby was locking up mid game.
I managed to play a game completely with no lockdown bar . I noticed a couple things off.
Ring light is only half lit.
Zip tie in ring light melted/cut?
Ring light positioning, where should it be? It looked Ike it was sitting close to the lockdown bar so maybe that was shorting ?
Is there supposed to be a wire sitting in my right lockdown receiver ?
Finally loose hex screw .
If someone could send pics of their setup under the lockdown bar that would be awesome
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unless the back of that ring light board is protected, it's a short begging to happen. I wonder why Spooky opted for a full size ring like that? Most I've seen are a single LED under the reciever. The ring seems like overkill and kind of cumbersome??

#4023 12 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Unless the back of that ring light board is protected, it's a short begging to happen. I wonder why Spooky opted for a full size ring like that? Most I've seen are a single LED under the reciever. The ring seems like overkill and kind of cumbersome??

There is a plexi bracket that it mounts to and protects it from shorting.

#4024 12 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I was gonna use a little hot glue to keep it in place. Mine is loose too.

#4025 12 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Gotcha, thanks for the info. It still seems like waaay to much lighting though. Anyway, I still look forward to receiving my game!

#4026 12 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

I did end up completely unplugging it and the game froze again.

I will install the 4.18 and I guess troubleshoot some more!

#4027 12 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Gotcha, thanks for the info. It still seems like waaay to much lighting though. Anyway, I still look forward to receiving my game!

Similar LED rings are used around the flipper buttons on the sides of the cabinet

#4028 12 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

There is always a flipper Humm or buzz to an extent. What I would consider a reasonable extent typically. Previous code though the specific pulse caused a high pitch whine. We were able to take care of that on the games we tested in the shop. Maybe send a video to service and we can take a look. I can do some testing tomorrow on some games on the line as well and see how those are.

I took a video of it. Will send to service
Update. Video sent to service.

#4029 12 months ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Similar LED rings are used around the flipper buttons on the sides of the cabinet

Not like this one. It's huge. Flipper button kits are also usually single LEDs or a flat printed low profile board with tiny LEDs. I'm not arguing that Spooky did anything "wrong", it just seems like a rather large LED array to try and fit into a rather tight space.

#4030 12 months ago

The SD I play on location has a pretty wobbly lockdown bar. I hope this is not a normal thing.

#4031 12 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

The SD I play on location has a pretty wobbly lockdown bar. I hope this is not a normal thing.

The gold screws in the images above are the adjustment to tighten a loose lockdown bar.

#4032 12 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I adjusted mine but still a little play in it, mainly on the left side. Will have to try to fine tune it a bit more.

#4033 12 months ago

#241 was delivered yesterday and here is my experience.

The box showed no signs of mistreatment during shipping. Got it unboxed and into the game room and its a beast for sure, very heavy. Nothing was missing out of the box, no scrapes or dings, and zero issues aesthetically, as it was very well packed. I inspected everything on top of the play-field and found no issues there. New plastics have been installed to stop the reported ball traps, there were no low hanging wires under the upper play-field, no missing hand plastics or anything else I could find. Next, I pulled up the play-field and inspected the bottom. There were no screws or anything in the bottom of the cab, soldering looks good everywhere, checked all the pin connectors and data cable connections and they were all good, checked the shooter mechanism and there was very little side-to-side play with that. The only thing I could find was one of the servo connectors was unplugged from the main board, but it was obvious where it went and there was no damage to anything. So I freed up a bit of slack and plugged it in with no issues. Once I was satisfied, I put the play-field down, added the balls, installed my VooDoo glass and turned it on. No issues at all on boot up. Game fired up, all lights were on and working, including the topper. I noticed that installed code was from February, so before I even played a game, I installed the new code update. Very easy to do, zero issues at all and my game fired right up immediately ready to go! At this point, I breathed a big sigh of relief, as I had none of the problems that have been reported here and was ready to enjoy some Scooby Doo. Here are my first impressions of the game play after only getting in a handful of games.

The good...
This game is gorgeous in person! We've all seen the pictures, but until you see it up close and in person, you don't really get how pretty this game is. The cabinet (non-butter) is beautiful, the powder coating really "pops" and is amazing, the play-field art and the world under the glass are stunning, and the light show is next level great!! TS4 has a great light show, and Scooby is on par with that, but better. I love the use of the shaker to simulate a heart beat increasing its pace as the bravery meter gets low. Really great use of that feature so far. The game play flows much better than expected. Once I learn the game more, it should be very easy to flow from shot to shot as almost everything can or does feed right back to the flippers. Learning to divert the ball with the bookcase started to come naturally after a couple of games for me. Outlane pins were set at the lowest position from Spooky and the outlanes didn't feel extra hungry like some have said, and in fact I don't think I drained on the right at all. Call outs were easy to follow and it was pretty easy to see what needed to be done with the lights on the play-field. Ball launcher worked fine every time. I was able to get balls locked on the apron and play the scooby snack multiball once and its a super cool way to lock balls for a multiball. Fun!!

The kinda bad...
Not too much here. I definitely would get a set of the side art protectors for when you have to lift the play-field. It is really, really tight to the sides. You have a large chance of damaging your art blades if you don't use the protectors. I have a set, so I had them in when I lifted mine and I'm glad I did. As far as game play goes, the mystery machine shot is tough! Reminds me of the tight shot on Houdini for the chest ball lock. Very tight. Also, shooting the scoop behind the scooby snack drops is very hard to hit. Think "mark it zero" shot on TBL. Very satisfying though when you do get it. As far as audio goes, the music is fine for me, but Velma telling me to shoot the mystery machine over and over could get a bit annoying, especially with the shot being difficult to hit. Finally, in regards to the bookcase flipper, it needs more tension or an adjustment to be able to use it effectively. Its cool and I like its use as a diverter, but it could be better used if it batted the ball with more force. I will be reading up on the ways some of you have used to fix this.

The Summary...
I'm extremely happy that I purchased this game. I was a bit worried after seeing some of the issues keep popping up here in this forum, but I'm glad I stuck with my first impressions and my faith in the Spooky family to make a great game. They definitely love pinball and what they do and it shows up all over this game. From the killer art package, to the coding, to the play-field layout, you can see and feel their passion, not to mention the support they give on the back end. Any concerns that I had pop up over the last few months were immediately put to rest based on Spooky's responses both here in the forum and in the factory. They obviously listen and adapt as needed so that we all get the best experience possible. They truly are the best at this aspect in our hobby. So, kudos to Spooky on a well built machine and for coming up with a really fun game and theme well done! Those waiting should not be disappointed!!

#4034 12 months ago

Again lube that upper playfield up with your choice I used plexus which I use anywhere I need maximum anti friction and I bought that little tool that can assist you in the spring mod those two changes along with rear legs at max really opened up the fun factor by a lot.

#4035 12 months ago

As far as game play goes, the mystery machine shot is tough!

It def. gets easier. Felt the same way at first... then it comes more natural with time. Just must be a funky spot on the flipper.

#4036 12 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Again lube that upper playfield up with your choice I used plexus which I use anywhere I need maximum anti friction and I bought that little tool that can assist you in the spring mod those two changes along with rear legs at max really opened up the fun factor by a lot.

I’ve still got some time until mine comes…But what is the spring mod you speak of?

And side art protectors seem smart. Where can I buy those?

#4038 12 months ago

#4039 12 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I will do that, thanks for the suggestion. Legs already at max to hit 7 degrees. I'm going to look back through the thread to see what the spring mod entails.

#4040 12 months ago

I will do that, thanks for the suggestion. Legs already at max to hit 7 degrees. I'm going to look back through the thread to see what the spring mod entails.

Slapdrain posted about the spring mod.

#4041 12 months ago

When is the shaker used,I have not felt a single rumble?

#4042 12 months ago

#241 was delivered...

Fantastic report, thanks for sharing! sounds like you have a great unboxing routine that others may want to follow for NIB pins...likely saved you a lot of grief! Stoked for #398 over here!

#4043 12 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

When is the shaker used,I have not felt a single rumble?

I have only felt the shaker when I'm about to run out of time in a mode.

#4044 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Slapdrain posted about the spring mod.

I found it and watched his stream with the new springs. It definitely helps, it's not perfect, but its better for sure.

#4045 12 months ago

I love the way the game loads new code,so easy compared to other spooky games which I have had some trouble loading.
Also I believe I used a stronger spring than the game in the stream and it work’s great

#4046 12 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I love the way the game loads new code,so easy compared to other spooky games which I have had some trouble loading.
Also I believe I used a stronger spring than the game in the stream and it work’s great

Did you turn the flipper power up?

#4047 12 months ago

Did you turn the flipper power up?

Return spring changes the return power. For the bookcase flipper. Upping flipper power won’t affect that.

#4048 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Return spring changes the return power. For the bookcase flipper. Upping flipper power won’t affect that.

Slapdrain mentioned in his stream that he turned it up from 50 to 65 so I was curious if rockrand did the same thing. Which would make sense with double the resistance from the new springs.

#4049 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

yeah it would, the flipper has to work harder to flip up by overcoming the stronger spring

might not be noticeable in practice, but the coil is working harder and heating up faster (not that fade would be much of an issue on that upper playfield)

#4050 12 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Funny mone is wobbly as well been working with Spooky on it and the last sent me an entire lockdown bar mechanism. MY try to deal with it this weekend. Outside of that we good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 11,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/81?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.