(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,640 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by alexorear
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 233.
#3601 1 year ago

Has anyone replaced the monitor ?

Just wondering what parts were used … I replaced the TNA and RaM ones … is it confirmed those kits would work on Scooby ?

#3602 1 year ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

Has anyone replaced the monitor ?
Just wondering what parts were used … I replaced the TNA and RaM ones … is it confirmed those kits would work on Scooby ?

Does Scooby need that?

I thought I had read that many said this one was better. We thought it looked fine when we played the game but I didn't stare at it as much as I did the game tbh.

#3603 1 year ago

I never thought that replacing any of them was ever worth the high price tag. You can adjust them all to look just fine, not like you are even looking at it very often at all.

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If you ever need help moving a game let me know. Plenty of us locals would come help you out!

For sure!

#3605 1 year ago

Thanks BOTH for the offer. I went with movers because in rearranging all my other pins over the weekend - to make room for Scooby - I messed up by back pretty bad. I didn't feel bad "watching" the movers carry this beast into the house, but if it was friends or friendly strangers I wouldn't have been able to sit out the lifting part.

Next time I will make sure and ask before I pay movers. But, if you are in the Dever area I can HIGHLY recommend using "Three Men and a Duck Moving Services" the foreman even had extensive pinball moving experience and it took them all of 15 minutes - and they came out on less than 2 hours notice.

#3606 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Thanks BOTH for the offer. I went with movers because in rearranging all my other pins over the weekend - to make room for Scooby - I messed up by back pretty bad. I didn't feel bad "watching" the movers carry this beast into the house, but if it was friends or friendly strangers I wouldn't have been able to sit out the lifting part.
Next time I will make sure and ask before I pay movers. But, if you are in the Dever area I can HIGHLY recommend using "Three Men and a Duck Moving Services" the foreman even had extensive pinball moving experience and it took them all of 15 minutes - and they came out on less than 2 hours notice.

How much can that duck lift?!?!?!?

#3607 1 year ago

LoL, maybe he used creatine

Stong Duck (resized).jpgStong Duck (resized).jpg
#3608 1 year ago

I was PM'd this morning by another individual facing the coil and board issues that I'm facing asking for an update on my case.

I'll share what I've been told as of this morning for anyone else having problems and following.

Spooky has been responsive and is working towards a solution for us.

I've been told they believe this could be code related and are working on finalizing the code for release. I'm being sent my 3rd board, coils, as well as a new PC. I've been advised not to use the machine after installing the hardware until I update to the new code once it's released, sometime soon. If you have parts on the way from Spooky for board/coil failure confirm with Spooky if you should wait for the new code before booting up and trying the new parts.

Of course im hopeful this is the fix all of us in this situation needs. However, code is one thing common across all machines so I'm curious to see how that could be causing board issues for only select individuals. More eager than ever for the code to be released!

Thanks for working to get us a solution Spooky crew

#3609 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I was PM'd this morning by another individual facing the coil and board issues that I'm facing asking for an update on my case.
I'll share what I've been told as of this morning for anyone else having problems and following.
Spooky has been responsive and is working towards a solution for us.
I've been told they believe this could be code related and are working on finalizing the code for release. I'm being sent my 3rd board, coils, as well as a new PC. I've been advised not to use the machine after installing the hardware until I update to the new code once it's released, sometime soon. If you have parts on the way from Spooky for board/coil failure confirm with Spooky if you should wait for the new code before booting up and trying the new parts.
Of course im hopeful this is the fix all of us in this situation needs. However, code is one thing common across all machines so I'm curious to see how that could be causing board issues for only select individuals. More eager than ever for the code to be released!
Thanks for working to get us a solution Spooky crew

Well, one possibility is that it's a vulnerability in the code PLUS a particular set or class of circumstances that makes it happen, one that was not evident during all of their prototyping and testing in-house and has not happened on a majority of games, so far.

RussM

#3610 1 year ago

So, when I hear about these blown boards am I the only one who remembers this pic posted by @aquapin? Whatever happened to resolve this? Seems like everyone moved on and forgot about it. Seems like an easy way to blow a board to me.

Screenshot_20230412_143120_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230412_143120_Brave (resized).jpg
#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, when I hear about these blown boards am I the only one who remembers this pic posted by Aquapin? Whatever happened to resolve this? Seems like everyone moved on and forgot about it. Seems like an easy way to blow a board to me.
[quoted image]

We have a spacer to seperate the scoop from that board. It has been installed since before production began. It was just that specific game that it was missed on in assembly. Also hey guys just catching up here. Havn't been on as much since the 3 shows in a row!

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Well, one possibility is that it's a vulnerability in the code PLUS a particular set or class of circumstances that makes it happen, one that was not evident during all of their prototyping and testing in-house and has not happened on a majority of games, so far.
RussM

Yeah it seems to be a rather rare and specific set of circumstances. I had it happen to me only once in all the games. The guys are pretty confident they have it sorted so fingers crossed it will be a thing of the past soon. Code is coming we are just testing it ALOT!

#3613 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yeah it seems to be a rather rare and specific set of circumstances. I had it happen to me only once in all the games. The guys are pretty confident they have it sorted so fingers crossed it will be a thing of the past soon. Code is coming we are just testing it ALOT!

Do you guys share bets code with certain owners? Might be helpful to get different kinds of players to help test.

And those that can stream, even better as I know getting the weirdness caught on camera makes it much easier to squash. Hint hint. Haha

#3614 1 year ago

We have new code out to beta testers now. In addition to the "fun stuff", this code release includes a software fix that greatly reduces the stress of repeat coil fires on the transistors on the Warden. I've been trying really hard to blow a coil or transistor on the beta code and, thankfully, I haven't been successful.

#3615 1 year ago

So, until this code update is out, we have the potential of blowing up our board?

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We have new code out to beta testers now. In addition to the "fun stuff", this code release includes a software fix that greatly reduces the stress of repeat coil fires on the transistors on the Warden. I've been trying really hard to blow a coil or transistor on the beta code and, thankfully, I haven't been successful.

Glad for the bug fixes and I am sure that is the bulk of the hard work, but I am REALLY curious what "fun stuff" we can expect from the next update??

#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We have a spacer to seperate the scoop from that board. It has been installed since before production began. It was just that specific game that it was missed on in assembly. Also hey guys just catching up here. Havn't been on as much since the 3 shows in a row!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Quoted from lpeters82:

All good to know, thank you!

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Glad for the bug fixes and I am sure that is the bulk of the hard work, but I am REALLY curious what "fun stuff" we can expect from the next update??

This update will introduce Scooby Snack Multiball. In addition to being playable on it's own, this multiball is stackable with everything else in the game. It also utilizes the apron locks. During cases it can provide a huge boost to scoring; with the ability to keep your bravery meter maxed out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This update will introduce Scooby Snack Multiball. In addition to being playable on it's own, this multiball is stackable with everything else in the game. It also utilizes the apron locks. During cases it can provide a huge boost to scoring; with the ability to keep your bravery meter maxed out.
[quoted image]

Bring it on!

Wait I don't have my game yet .. well bring it on anyway.

Thanks for the info.

#3620 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

I would love to stream this tomorrow night! Any chance this will drop by then?

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I would love to stream this tomorrow night! Any chance this will drop by then?

Beta stream!

#3622 1 year ago

Gotta say.

I’m thoroughly enjoying my Scooby pin. It’s awesome.

Not minimizing any issues others have had with fixes but I’ve had zero issues now with Halloween and Scooby.

And Spooky service is top notch. Already have my replacement panel on left head that got dinged up in shipping.

Anybody that is down the line still waiting I would hang in there. It’s fun now but when they finish the code it’s gonna be great.

I’ve owned a lot of pins in the past and most have some kind of issue at times. My IMDNLE was a POS. All I did was fix stuff non stop!

The guys that did the artwork.

The layout and uniqueness.

Fun factor.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m thoroughly enjoying my Scooby pin. It’s awesome.

If Iceman liketh, the game is going to be amazing... only game he has missed on is Flow Fighters lol. Excited for my SD!!!

#3624 1 year ago

After a couple of days and a bunch of plays Scooby-Doo is AMAZING! So much fun, and so much potential for even more fun. We've had no problems so far.

I did take the "Flower magnet" idea and put some of those on some of the green parts. Also got some purple slime from Back alley (still debating how many flowers to keep on the coin door). I also got the rock trail which I'll install next time I take the glass off.
20230412_175451 (resized).jpg20230412_175451 (resized).jpg
20230412_175529 (resized).jpg20230412_175529 (resized).jpg
As with all our games, we put a throw blanket over them to keep dust from accumulating. Here's Scooby-Doo and R&M covered up. Cheaper and better looking than the foam mats IMHO, but not as protective if you put things on your games
20230412_180631 (resized).jpg20230412_180631 (resized).jpg

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

If Iceman liketh, the game is going to be amazing... only game he has missed on is Flow Fighters lol. Excited for my SD!!!

I like Flow Fighters too! But you are gonna love this different, fun, unique pin.

#3626 1 year ago

Has anyone else done the return spring mod on the book case flipper? If so, what's your take on it?

#3627 1 year ago

Has anyone else done the return spring mod on the book case flipper? If so, what's your take on it?

Don’t need it imo

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

After a couple of days and a bunch of plays Scooby-Doo is AMAZING! So much fun, and so much potential for even more fun. We've had no problems so far.
I did take the "Flower magnet" idea and put some of those on some of the green parts. Also got some purple slime from Back alley (still debating how many flowers to keep on the coin door). I also got the rock trail which I'll install next time I take the glass off.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As with all our games, we put a throw blanket over them to keep dust from accumulating. Here's Scooby-Doo and R&M covered up. Cheaper and better looking than the foam mats IMHO, but not as protective if you put things on your games
[quoted image]

Love the blanket but we bought the pinshields for all our games recently. I am always setting things down on the glass and they are huge help when you need to go in backbox and have to lay down the DMD/Speaker panel.

And its amazing how well the magnetic flowers just fit the game. $8 at amazon, lol.

#3629 1 year ago

Took me all of 5 seconds of watching that stream to see that it makes the upper playfield action way better.

#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Got notification that #251 is ready to ship. Should be getting it soon.

Wow I am 254 ! No notice yet

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Love the blanket but we bought the pinshields for all our games recently. I am always setting things down on the glass and they are huge help when you need to go in backbox and have to lay down the DMD/Speaker panel

Totally understand, I have an old yoga mat I put on a game (over the glass) if I'm working on the one next it. Or, if I'm working in or laying down the backbox. But these games are right inside the house so the blankets look pretty

#3632 1 year ago

Can you elaborate more on this please? First time hearing about this

#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does Scooby need that?
I thought I had read that many said this one was better. We thought it looked fine when we played the game but I didn't stare at it as much as I did the game tbh.

This one is better for sure.....

#3634 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

[quoted image]

Ohh, happen to have a link to that Scooby one?

#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from piratepwnsninja:

Ohh, happen to have a link to that Scooby one?

Here is that one, there's a bunch of other options on Amazon too.

Warner Brothers Scooby-Doo, "Whole Gang" Micro Raschel Throw Blanket, 46" x 60", Multi Color https://a.co/d/eJ2PzUO

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Can you elaborate more on this please? First time hearing about this

Don't have my own Scooby yet but, the action of the bookcase flipper is when you have a ball cradled and then release, the bookcase part throws the ball to the right.

The power to do that comes solely from the return spring on the flipper mech under the playfield.

To make that action stronger, you have to double-up the springs, or shorten the spring that is already there, or use a stronger spring(s).

This may require you also raise the flipper power in the settings to compensate.

Some experimentation may be required to dial the action in the way you like it.

I like tweaking the action of my own games so I will play with this idea when I get mine.

RussM

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I'm 203 and no scooby at my house yet

#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

#241 Paid in full 2 weeks ago, no shipping notice yet. So close!

#3639 1 year ago

Email last night.236 inbound. Delivery scheduled for 4/17

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

But have you been invoiced?

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does Scooby need that?

Scooby is fine with stock monitor, but Halloween is a tough one to see because it’s so dark. Someone on Halloween thread said that the upgraded monitor was not worth the money. Scooby is bright and colorful so no need for an upgrade IMO. Source material isn’t HD anyway. Just my opinion.

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Did you go butter on the cabinet? And did you order directly from Spooky?

#3643 1 year ago

One helpful thing from Spooky would be a how to video on removing the upper playfield. Eventually maintenance will need to be done on the upper flippers, coil stops, sleeves, ect will need to be replaced.

I had to adjust my right upper flipper when I got it. The right flipper was down too far and the ball would get stuck. Was not fun trying to get the Allen key on the bolt to loosen and tighten it.

Awesome game and is getting most of my families playtime. Can’t wait to see the game get better with code.

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Scooby is fine with stock monitor,

The Scooby-Doo monitor seems brighter than how it initially looked in UM and R&M. But, IMHO a few minor adjustments to the monitor settings helped a TON on the last two games. Haven't seen any need to change settings on SD yet.

My understanding is unless your over 6 feet tall the screen angles are fine. If you're a basketball player or something then the upgrade might be worthwhile.

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Don't have my own Scooby yet but, the action of the bookcase flipper is when you have a ball cradled and then release, the bookcase part throws the ball to the right.
The power to do that comes solely from the return spring on the flipper mech under the playfield.
To make that action stronger, you have to double-up the springs, or shorten the spring that is already there, or use a stronger spring(s).
This may require you also raise the flipper power in the settings to compensate.
Some experimentation may be required to dial the action in the way you like it.
I like tweaking the action of my own games so I will play with this idea when I get mine.
RussM

I agree with Iceman that this really isn't necessary. Been playing the game without tweaking the spring and have enjoyed the play in the upper PF just fine...favorite upper PF in my experience. BUT I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been intrigued a bit by the idea when I first read it. Would love to hear about what your experience might be. I think that Spookyluke provided an honest assessment (paraphrasing here since I didn't go to find the post) when he shared that he thought it could be a lot of fun but couldn't really speak to any potential consequences positive or negative without having tested it themselves. Knowing that Spooky is hellabusy right now, we're going to leave our game as it but will certainly be following this idea here in the forum. Thanks for going back to it a bit with this explanation.

#3646 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Quoted from GCS2000:

But have you been invoiced?

I am #204. Butter email 3/14/23. Invoiced 3/20/23 added Butter. Paid in Full 3/27/23. Joe gave an ETA of 30-45 days from payment.

#3647 1 year ago

Scooby is fine with stock monitor, but Halloween is a tough one to see because it’s so dark. Someone on Halloween thread said that the upgraded monitor was not worth the money. Scooby is bright and colorful so no need for an upgrade IMO. Source material isn’t HD anyway. Just my opinion.

I have a new one ready to go so I will compare both and report back here once I install.

#3648 1 year ago

One helpful thing from Spooky would be a how to video on removing the upper playfield. Eventually maintenance will need to be done on the upper flippers, coil stops, sleeves, ect will need to be replaced.
I had to adjust my right upper flipper when I got it. The right flipper was down too far and the ball would get stuck. Was not fun trying to get the Allen key on the bolt to loosen and tighten it.
Awesome game and is getting most of my families playtime. Can’t wait to see the game get better with code.

Yeah, I agree about Spooky making a video. That would be extremely helpful

#3649 1 year ago

Good info here incase OP wants to make it a key post

Screenshot_20230413_133251_Samsung Notes (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230413_133251_Samsung Notes (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230413_133308_Samsung Notes (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230413_133308_Samsung Notes (resized).jpg
#3650 1 year ago

255 ready to ship!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 23.95
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/73?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.