(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,427 posts
  • 631 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 229.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Photo dump! Can’t get over how beautiful it is!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this regular or butter cab?

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I’d love to see the side artwork that comes on the CE. Those haven’t been clearly shown anywhere. They seem dark with not much going on. Thoughts from anyone that has seen them in person?
Top right looks like some good artwork, but left side, what seems to be a dark forest, is so dark that I’m wondering if there’s much to see.[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for leaving the glass on for these. They are on the dark side but look great.

3B788BFF-547F-4B4B-9042-7A6AB1895F58 (resized).jpeg3B788BFF-547F-4B4B-9042-7A6AB1895F58 (resized).jpeg40B4AF02-F79E-40B7-9FA1-10099861150A (resized).jpeg40B4AF02-F79E-40B7-9FA1-10099861150A (resized).jpeg
#303 1 year ago

Jediturtle how is the upper playfield as far as targeting specific shots? Doable?

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Is this regular or butter cab?

Regular. Here’s another shot with its older brother, also regular decals.

A06871FB-C40D-42CE-93EE-705C4FE1EAA0 (resized).jpegA06871FB-C40D-42CE-93EE-705C4FE1EAA0 (resized).jpeg
#305 1 year ago

Anyone try these yet?

8E072C6E-7843-4044-9F3D-7A81B80C2E02 (resized).jpeg8E072C6E-7843-4044-9F3D-7A81B80C2E02 (resized).jpeg
#306 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Regular. Here’s another shot with its older brother, also regular decals. [quoted image]

Spooky makes some beautiful looking games!

#307 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Regular. Here’s another shot with its older brother, also regular decals. [quoted image]

That looks phenomenal for regular. Feeling a lot better about my regular order now!

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Anyone try these yet?
[quoted image]

Scooby snacks are tasty What number SD do you have?

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Scooby snacks are tasty What number SD do you have?

2C6FB0E1-9726-4B99-A85E-A21439D977BB (resized).jpeg2C6FB0E1-9726-4B99-A85E-A21439D977BB (resized).jpeg492FA0DC-123F-4667-B1F7-4CB15313AE03 (resized).jpeg492FA0DC-123F-4667-B1F7-4CB15313AE03 (resized).jpegE93B04E9-3C62-434B-8F3E-6597E1B604E3 (resized).jpegE93B04E9-3C62-434B-8F3E-6597E1B604E3 (resized).jpeg
#310 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Spooky makes some beautiful looking games!

Quoted from BKPitmaster:

That looks phenomenal for regular. Feeling a lot better about my regular order now!

Yes, the butter option is nice but IMHO unnecessary, the regular decals are plenty vibrant and glossy enough on their own.
hwn (resized).jpghwn (resized).jpg

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Can’t wait to get mine

#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

On location @ North End Pub in Lafayette, IN. Needs some dialing in which I will try to get to tomorrow but it seems playable at the moment.
[quoted image]

Nice. What kind of dialing in?

#313 1 year ago

Everyone's photos look amazing! Can anyone take a shot of both sides of the apron for the rules? I love reading that stuff, gets you pumped up to play and achieve!!

#314 1 year ago

Those photos are absolutely incredible. That cabinet art alone belongs in The Louvre! Cannot wait to get mine. Enjoy the hell outta that thing @jediturtle!! Once again, well done Spooky!

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Congrats. Are you bringing it to PinBrew

If I’m healthy enough after surgery I’d love to get a last minute booth and bring a few games

#316 1 year ago

Any estimate when I get mine #517? (hoping a while cause I’m not ready!)

#317 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Any estimate when I get mine #517? (hoping a while cause I’m not ready!)

See this spreadsheet. Take a look at far right column for guestimate. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=drivesdk

Too bad you didn't go through Spooky, I'd trade you orders

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

If I’m healthy enough after surgery

Anything serious?

#319 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

See this spreadsheet. Take a look at far right column for guestimate. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=drivesdk

A thought I had. Would be cool if at the bottom of the 2 columns, there would be a total count for how many ppl picked butter and how many games are going oversees.

#320 1 year ago

Wasn't there supposed to be a stream of Scooby Doo gameplay last night somewhere?

Did I miss it?

RussM

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

A thought I had. Would be cool if at the bottom of the 2 columns, there would be a total count for how many ppl picked butter and how many games are going oversees.

Done!

106A18F7-F30C-4D06-9E33-33BF6DB18093 (resized).jpeg106A18F7-F30C-4D06-9E33-33BF6DB18093 (resized).jpeg
#322 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Done![quoted image]

looks like a butter cab would be pretty exclusive. Of course this doesn’t represent the full list of buyers, but I thought there would be more

#323 1 year ago

I'm really liking this game more and more. Wish I could pull 10k out of a budget to buy one, but I've been priced out of NIB for a few years now.

My only comments so far with respect to the build.

- I'm wondering why they've gone to solder connections inside the coin door (earlier posts about quality) rather than just using crimp quick connects? Atari and others use them for years and they are still holding up and it seems like it would be easier on production/quality.

- I'd also like to see them use alternate hardware for affixing the Armor/Rails to the cab that were flush mount such as flat/raised countersink head screws. I'm not as concerned about color match vs black but I think it knocks the finished look down a bit. I'd wonder if they'd be easier on the finish too. I see those black pan head screws in a lot of places so maybe it's a bit of BOM reduction and assembly simplification on their part.

Anyway, looking forward to being able to see/play one in person.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#324 1 year ago

^ now it would be nice to see a sum of the number of name slots entered. Then we would know what % of games are butter or going overseas at different times.

edit - tracker is really nicely done. Anybody can edit, once you’ve downloaded an app. Interesting info is collected and the far right side has projected date of your game. Sounds basic but it is effective. My anecdotal evidence shows Spooky is a very strong and consistent manufacturer. That is partly because they resolve material issues early and that makes it easy to forecast a born on date with high level of accuracy and a high% confidence.

#325 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

^ now it would be nice to see a sum of the number of name slots entered. Then we would know what % of games are butter or going overseas at different times.
edit - tracker is really nicely done. Anybody can edit, once you’ve downloaded an app. Interesting info is collected and the far right side has projected date of your game. Sounds basic but it is effective. My anecdotal evidence shows Spooky is a very strong and consistent manufacturer. That is partly because they resolve material issues early and that makes it easy to forecast a born on date with high level of accuracy and a high% confidence.

Just went in to add this calculation but it looks like you (or someone else) is already on it.

#326 1 year ago

Has anyone who ordered a butter can gotten their invoice yet?

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I got you boo, at least for part of it. Known Users count now at bottom.

#328 1 year ago

I'm number 1854. According to the spreadsheet, I'm looking at May '24. I ordered from Lockwhenlit if you want to add that to your data

#329 1 year ago

Added more stats for number of machines purchased from each source.

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Has anyone who ordered a butter can gotten their invoice yet?

Read back in the thread a bit. See post #143 and next few posts after that.

#331 1 year ago

This spreadsheet needs to be a key post!

Someone? Anyone? I’d do it if I could!

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Someone? Anyone? I’d do it if I could![quoted image]

If not I have found by simple putting "spreadsheet" in the upper left "FIND POSTS" in the "Posts containing keyword(s)"...it will quickly help you find the spreadsheet. There may be a few mentions of spreadsheets in other posts but it really narrows the search,

#333 1 year ago

I added a count for totals for the three editions at the bottom.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Someone? Anyone? I’d do it if I could!

I've marked it as a key post, I think anyone can ask to be able to mark key posts but I forget how that works now.

#335 1 year ago

You could add the spreadsheet to favorites or bookmark it on your device or pc

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I've marked it as a key post, I think anyone can ask to be able to mark key posts but I forget how that works now.

Awesome, thanks!!

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from bakerhillpins:

I'm really liking this game more and more. Wish I could pull 10k out of a budget to buy one, but I've been priced out of NIB for a few years now.
My only comments so far with respect to the build.
- I'm wondering why they've gone to solder connections inside the coin door (earlier posts about quality) rather than just using crimp quick connects? Atari and others use them for years and they are still holding up and it seems like it would be easier on production/quality.
- I'd also like to see them use alternate hardware for affixing the Armor/Rails to the cab that were flush mount such as flat/raised countersink head screws. I'm not as concerned about color match vs black but I think it knocks the finished look down a bit. I'd wonder if they'd be easier on the finish too. I see those black pan head screws in a lot of places so maybe it's a bit of BOM reduction and assembly simplification on their part.
Anyway, looking forward to being able to see/play one in person.[quoted image][quoted image]

thinking off the top of my head, I would think a counter sunk screw might mess with the powercoat vs a pan head...as it pushed into the counter sunk area it would "squeeze" the powder coat...possibly fracturing it...can't go wrong with the pan heads...and I like that they're simple to remove vs 90's ear Willilams games.

#338 1 year ago

Took a while to come around but I’m in! Took over spot #162 so hopefully it should arrive fairly soon. Game looks like a lot of fun.

#339 1 year ago

^ went to key post and saw link to spreadsheet. Clicked link and was taken to post #224. Saw link to spreadsheet as clear as day. So it works, my friends. To continue the process for first-timers, you need to add a google app and so don’t let that piss you off, like it does me. From then it launches and will put you in editable (not related to eating) mode. Done and once you’ve updated and saved your data you can view the data.

Very 80’s vibe going in this simple looking spreadsheet. Come in but be respectful (and quit f’ing with owner’s name for CE #xxxx). In a few days it probably won’t matter as Spooky gets caught up on shipping and another fifty fly out the door.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I am still learning the code for sure, but there is already a LOT there. It doesn't feel like bare-bones release code at all. Lots of fun rules to dive into. A/V assets are great. So many fun sounds when you hit anything, but not overboard obnoxious either like it could have been.

Thank you! That's really a huge compliment for us (and myself in particular); we pushed hard to pack in as much as we could for the initial release. We really wanted to start off on the right foot, and of course, there are many more updates to come! The first code package is available on our support page now. You can check which version is currently on your game at the boot screen or at the top of the service menu.

If y'all have any code bugs to report for Scooby, feel free to email me directly at [email protected] (you can send me a message here on pinside too if that's more convenient). For all other problems/troubleshooting, please contact our service line as usual.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yes, the butter option is nice but IMHO unnecessary, the regular decals are plenty vibrant and glossy enough on their own.
[quoted image]

That’s why I did not go butter. A guy I know said the colors were a bit more vibrant on the decals. I would not want to scratch a butter cabinet and that’s why I opted for non butter on Halloween and Scooby. Plus the cost was not worth it to me. Spooky’s decals are great quality.

Hopefully will hear some news today for shipping notice.

#342 1 year ago

Alrighty, made some more stat changes to the spreadsheet, most noticably it'll show the last confirmed delivery date, so no hunting to find it. I'll probably work in which pin # it was too, but that'll come later tonight. Someone else added an editions count. That's inaccurate, I would think, because Spooky never actually said each edition is getting x amount released, no?

#343 1 year ago

Alrighty, made some more stat changes to the spreadsheet, most noticably it'll show the last confirmed delivery date, so no hunting to find it. I'll probably work in which pin # it was too, but that'll come later tonight. Someone else added an editions count. That's inaccurate, I would think, because Spooky never actually said each edition is getting x amount released, no?

Yeah, the way Spooky sells there is no way of knowing the final edition counts until they are sold out.
I think the values are rough placeholders to allocate people build numbers for all editions.
I wouldn't be surprised if some late order CEs end up with #s in the 1900s.

#344 1 year ago

I also just wanted to mention that we've partnered with Project Pinball to run a raffle for charity, which you can enter to win a Scooby CE!!

Details here:
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/scooby-doo-collectors-edition-spookypinball-10-year-anniversary/Campaign/Details
(I believe it goes live Friday, 10:00am EST)

#345 1 year ago

Thanks for adding these in. Nice to see it get crowdsourced and used. For awhile there I felt like I was manually putting almost everyone’s numbers in after they posted here.

True that the final count on editions is not possible to know. I just filled in the blank fields based on where Spooky started giving out BSE and SE numbers.

#346 1 year ago

Thanks everyone who is taking this information on.

#347 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I also just wanted to mention that we've partnered with Project Pinball to run a raffle for charity, which you can enter to win a Scooby CE!!
Details here:
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/scooby-doo-collectors-edition-spookypinball-10-year-anniversary/Campaign/Details
(I believe it goes live Friday, 10:00am EST)

Very cool!

#348 1 year ago

for the spreadsheet. i added a hyperlink in the second row that will take you to the bottom of the page. I also updated all the games that we (KingPin Games) purchased. I will not add the buyers name as that is their information to share, but i can update (later) if they upgraded to the buttor or not. I also cleaned up a couple of the fomulas as they were not entirely accurate.

Bravo to the creator of the sheet though. it is a fun way to track things. I am not sure on the accuracy of the "estimated game build" as it lists 7 days a week for a possible delivery date while spooky is only building 4 days a week (and shipping 5 days a week). It will be fun to see how close the numbers turn out though.

Thanks again for all the things the community does to make the hobby more fun.

#349 1 year ago

My game is #134 and they just asked for final payment on Monday.

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

My game is #134 and they just asked for final payment on Monday.

Wow! Getting dangerously close! I'm #159. BRB gotta hit check my email

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 300.00
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carnation, WA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 229.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.