(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 233.
#3401 1 year ago

Aprox how many plays do you rub a set of balls before replacing them?

# of plays doesn't directly equate to play time as some players can have games last much longer than a novice player but aprox how often should they be swapped for new ones to keep the playfield protected

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And just to confirm for the most part whoever is delivering the game is only going to leave it in my driveway, sidewalk etc correct? They will not deliver into my home?
I am/will be in a similar spot as the OP in that whenever its delivered I won't anyone there to assist getting it in the house nor do I own an escalera. I have 4 steps to get into the house and through the front door and that is all.

I've had R&L and FedEx wheel pallets into my garage if that is an option until you have assistance to move it

#3403 1 year ago

Code for Easter?

#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I've had R&L and FedEx wheel pallets into my garage if that is an option until you have assistance to move it

Unfortunately no garage - we wish we had a place like yours, lol.

We will figure it out when the time comes. I hope a nice tip to the driver will give the added help to bring it up 4 steps in the house either that or Santa Escalera will bring something to my house (I wish).

#3405 1 year ago

CE-213 has been delivered. Honestly, pictures don’t do it justice. One of the best looking games I have ever seen.

Ordered 12/9/22
Paid Invoice in Full 3/20/23
Shipped 4/5/23
Delivered 4/7/23

Unfortunately after setting the game up, the auto plunger does not work (too weak, gets stuck in up position). I see others have the same issue. What did you do to resolve it? I also have an inquiry in with Spooky as we speak.

5079DAAC-69F1-41A4-971E-38340C8E70E6.jpeg5079DAAC-69F1-41A4-971E-38340C8E70E6.jpeg
#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

# of plays doesn't directly equate to play time as some players can have games last much longer than a novice player but aprox how often should they be swapped for new ones to keep the playfield protected

I change mine every 500 plays. I don’t think there is an exact science.

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

^ rub your balls.

I presume that is supposed to be “use”

You use the balls until they look dented up or dull. Keep an eye on them, clean them up periodically, same as you do to the playfield. You can throw them in a tumbler to repolish them.

No need to replace them every 5 mins like some guys say they do.

rd

#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

CE-213 has been delivered. Honestly, pictures don’t do it justice. One of the best looking games I have ever seen.
Ordered 12/9/22
Shipped 4/5/23
Delivered 4/7/23
Unfortunately after setting the game up, the auto plunger does not work (too weak, gets stuck in up position). I see others have the same issue. What did you do to resolve it? I also have an inquiry in with Spooky as we speak.
[quoted image]

Couldn't agree more it is our favorite looking game (the theme has A LOT to do with it).

I believe you need to spread out the forks on the launcher so it gets good full contact on the ball. SpookyLuke posted on this several pages back.

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Couldn't agree more it is our favorite looking game (the theme has A LOT to do with it).
I believe you need to spread out the forks on the launcher so it gets good full contact on the ball. SpookyLuke posted on this several pages back.

Thank you for the heads up. I tried using the search function, but didn’t see that suggestion.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Ordered 12/9/22
Shipped 4/5/23
Delivered 4/7/23
[quoted image]

Take a look at the spring on the plunger coil and that it is seated on the plastic piece correctly. I had the same issue where the plunger would get seemingly stuck, causing a weak plunge. When I went to take a look that spring was binding. After doing that, I've had nothing but strong launches! Worth a shot to check since it was such an easy fix.

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Take a look at the spring on the plunger coil and that it is seated on the plastic piece correctly. I had the same issue where the plunger would get seemingly stuck, causing a weak plunge. When I went to take a look that spring was binding. After doing that, I've had nothing but strong launches! Worth a shot to check since it was such an easy fix.

Thank you for the suggestion. Once I confirmed the spring wasn’t binding, I started a new game. Now the launch button doesn’t work.

I did put the ball in play, once it drained, the pin continuously thought I drained ball two and three back to back. Something is very odd here.

#3412 1 year ago

Can someone post a photo of their playfield or confirm coil orientation on their left VUK and the right VUK. I'm replacing the left VUK and the white plastic base is closer to the playfield vs the right VUK has its white plastic base away from the playfield.

Does the coil orientation matter? They are mounted opposite of each other 180 degrees flipped

I believe my left VUK was mounted upside down. The wires are very close to the sensor or switch that is there like it's jammed in there

Please see attached photo

Screenshot_20230407_151308_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230407_151308_Gallery (resized).jpg

20230407_152937 (resized).jpg20230407_152937 (resized).jpg20230407_152929 (resized).jpg20230407_152929 (resized).jpg
#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Can someone post a photo of their playfield or confirm coil orientation on their left VUK and the right VUK. I'm replacing the left VUK and the white plastic base is closer to the playfield vs the right VUK has its white plastic base away from the playfield.
Does the coil orientation matter? They are mounted opposite of each other 180 degrees flipped
I believe my left VUK was mounted upside down. The wires are very close to the sensor or switch that is there like it's jammed in there
Please see attached photo
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

350112C5-866C-446B-8D69-BB1A15BE55F9.jpeg350112C5-866C-446B-8D69-BB1A15BE55F9.jpegFAB954ED-540A-4350-846A-A2499D36E470.jpegFAB954ED-540A-4350-846A-A2499D36E470.jpeg
#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! This is why left VUK wasn't working. Mounted 180 flipped

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Thank you! This is why left VUK wasn't working. Mounted 180 flipped

You're welcome, I'm glad it was an easy fix.

I'm starting to think I have some possible QC issues as well. I can't even get half of the coils to test out. Nothing seems out of the ordinary underneath (loose plugs/wires, soldering the wrong way, etc.).

I might have to wait this out until Monday to get some help from Spooky.

#3416 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You're welcome, I'm glad it was an easy fix.
I'm starting to think I have some possible QC issues as well. I can't even get half of the coils to test out. Nothing seems out of the ordinary underneath (loose plugs/wires, soldering the wrong way, etc.).
I might have to wait this out until Monday to get some help from Spooky.

My repair was on pause until I could get confirmation. So thank you very much for helping me with that photo, I wouldnt have proceeded without it. 2 coils and the board replaced and Scooby appears to be running!

Thanks to Spooky for overnighting parts to me. Time for the whole family to put it to the test this weekend!

The service outlet down in the cab was very handy for powering my soldering iron

#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

My repair was on pause until I could get confirmation. So thank you very much for helping me with that photo, I wouldnt have proceeded without it. 2 coils and the board replaced and Scooby appears to be running!
Thanks to Spooky for overnighting parts to me. Time for the whole family to put it to the test this weekend!

The service outlet down in the cab was really handy for power my soldering iron

#3418 1 year ago

Paid the balance on my machine today.

#3419 1 year ago

Coil orientation doesn’t matter for operation; it’s an electromagnet pulling metal inward. But for best reliability the coil lugs should be opposite of the coil stop. It puts less vibration/stress on the solder joints. (It’s not that big of a deal to do it the other way, but there is a preference)

So that would be the lugs farther away from the playfield for those vuk mechs.

#3420 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Paid the balance on my machine today.

Roughly how long was it from the time you received the “butter/no butter” email until you received the invoice for the balance?

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Roughly how long was it from the time you received the “butter/no butter” email until you received the invoice for the balance?

Pretty much right away.
The butter/no butter question is so you can be invoiced the correct amount based on which option you chose.

#3422 1 year ago

What was your #?

Quoted from Coindork:

Pretty much right away.
The butter/no butter question is so you can be invoiced the correct amount based on which option you chose.

#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Coil orientation doesn’t matter for operation; it’s an electromagnet pulling metal inward. But for best reliability the coil lugs should be opposite of the coil stop. It puts less vibration/stress on the solder joints. (It’s not that big of a deal to do it the other way, but there is a preference)
So that would be the lugs farther away from the playfield for those vuk mechs.

Thanks for educating me on this. Makes sense. The orientation away from playfield worked better in this case because the vuk has a switch there and the wiring was very tight between the switch and coil lugs. Desoldering the bad coil was difficult while trying to avoid damaging the wires to the switch. Installing and soldering in the replacement coil went much smoother with the lugs away from the playfield and switch. How tight the wires were I'm surprised whoever installed it at the factory didn't notice

#3424 1 year ago
E0E56610-1907-427A-A982-CAC5C5237F2B (resized).jpegE0E56610-1907-427A-A982-CAC5C5237F2B (resized).jpeg
#3426 1 year ago

Those are cool, but he should be wearing cleats.

#3427 1 year ago
1397FA0F-6250-480A-9967-964B16C1C43F (resized).png1397FA0F-6250-480A-9967-964B16C1C43F (resized).png
#3428 1 year ago

Well unfortunately, after a few games last night the replacament parts were short lived and our machine is down again. Taking a break from it today before I pull the playfield tomorrow to look at what i assume is more blown mosfets on the replacement board again.

I was hopeful of the approach to just swap out parts without further testing and confirmation of the causes of our burnt mosfets. Seems more diagnosis and testing is needed to determine the root cause before we swap parts again.

Hopefully we can solve this mystery

#3429 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Those are cool, but he should be wearing cleats.

They are cleats

#3430 1 year ago

My first few games on Scooby today, finally set up.

It’s a gorgeous game. Checks the boxes of unique and FUN.

Now i need to go figure out what I’m doing rules wise!

Congrats Spooky!

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yes I have made a couple new ball trap protectors if anyone is interested just shoot an email to [email protected]

Can you share pics of where the trap areas are and what they look like installed please?
I likey have the purple miner habitrail fixed by moving the rail over to the left as suggested in the thread but every ball drop from the left orange scooby habitrail, into the apron lock just bounces over the lock area and into the drain.

20230408_173605 (resized).jpg20230408_173605 (resized).jpg
#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My first few games on Scooby today, finally set up.
It’s a gorgeous game. Checks the boxes of unique and FUN.
Now i need to go figure out what I’m doing rules wise!
Congrats Spooky!

Did you find somewhere to put it where you can appreciate the butter in all its beauty? Mine will be butter and I want to make sure I can see it.

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

[quoted image]

I guess they are cleats. From that first photo they looked like regular sneakers.

#3434 1 year ago

Removed the ghoulish green protector on the right sling. Colors of the screen plastic are richer and match the playfield so well when not being tainted by the protector. Considering doing this with all the ones illuminated from underneath.

20230408_181105 (resized).jpg20230408_181105 (resized).jpg
#3435 1 year ago

I personally wish they wouldn’t use colored protectors, looks so much better without

Quoted from Aquapin:

Removed the ghoulish green protector on the right sling. Colors of the screen plastic are richer and match the playfield so well when not being tainted by the protector. Considering doing this with all the ones illuminated from underneath.
[quoted image]

#3436 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

[quoted image]

The color looks much better. On the color wheel purple and green are opposite they cancel out or diminish each other

#3437 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I personally wish they wouldn’t use colored protectors, looks so much better without

Clear. Should always come with clear.

#3438 1 year ago

So many opinions. Lol.

#3439 1 year ago

Random thought of the day…

This pin is going to absolutely come alive when the character modes are all in place. Shaggy building a sandwich, Velma looking for her glasses, Fred adjusting his Ascot, Scooby eating Scooby snacks and Daphne, hmm, errr…not sure? Maybe a character multiball somewhere?

Can’t wait to see what they have in store. I’m sure the ideas are all in place and once they make it into the code are gonna be fun to play.

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Glitches on pinside anyone?!

Me big time

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

[quoted image]

Very interesting not sure which way we will go with ours now

#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you share pics of where the trap areas are and what they look like installed please?
I likey have the purple miner habitrail fixed by moving the rail over to the left as suggested in the thread but every ball drop from the left orange scooby habitrail, into the apron lock just bounces over the lock area and into the drain.
[quoted image]

Scoob1 (resized).jpgScoob1 (resized).jpgScoob2 (resized).jpgScoob2 (resized).jpgScoob3 (resized).jpgScoob3 (resized).jpgScoob4 (resized).jpgScoob4 (resized).jpgScoob5 (resized).jpgScoob5 (resized).jpgScoob6 (resized).jpgScoob6 (resized).jpgScoob7 (resized).jpgScoob7 (resized).jpg
#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Random thought of the day…
This pin is going to absolutely come alive when the character modes are all in place. Shaggy building a sandwich, Velma looking for her glasses, Fred adjusting his Ascot, Scooby eating Scooby snacks and Daphne, hmm, errr…not sure? Maybe a character multiball somewhere?
Can’t wait to see what they have in store. I’m sure the ideas are all in place and once they make it into the code are gonna be fun to play.

I hope this isn’t still they’re learning curve and this all happens! The game is still awesome! Only means the next one should be stellar! Can’t wait for the reveal!

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from The_1up:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you, I had no idea that there were so many potential trap spots! How many are these caused by fly balls?

I had seen the scooby barrel one right away myself along with the one that I shared a pic of, the ball jumping out of the right apron ball lock after coming down the orange habitrail.

#3445 1 year ago

2 and a half weeks on location (#111) and still ironing out issues more often than I'd like. Overall players seem to really enjoy the game. New code is realllllly needed, though. Tournament play stinks with repeating Cutler Multiball over and over.

My lock down bar doesn't slide straight. I have to "guide" it by pushing up on it to latch the left side. Messed with it before but haven't found a solution yet.

My bookcase flipper was dragging and sticking because it wasn't adjusted properly and was binding in the coil. Ultimately I had to remove the upper playfield which was a real pain. I sure hope there's a true step by step on this process eventually because inevitably something will break up there again someday.

The shooter lane switch and launcher itself were a disaster at first. After several adjustments I think I have this dialed in finally.

I have to remove the backglass and manually turn on my topper / action button / flipper lights every few days.

A couple times this past weekend the apron locks quit working. A power cycle fixes them. Wish I knew that before I went and made a bunch of adjustments to the right one when it quit working, not knowing both weren't working at the time. Ball search didn't push the apron locks either, thus freezing the game.

Plus a bunch of typical adjustments were needed in the first week especially.

#3446 1 year ago

Looks like a lot of ball traps between wireforms. Maybe could benefit from some plastics added on edge and parallel with wireforms to prevent ball from resting between them.

Next code release to fix two known issues,
add some missing modes and utilize apron locks. That will be the first version I get to play.

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from The_1up:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

2 and a half weeks on location (#111) and still ironing out issues more often than I'd like. Overall players seem to really enjoy the game. New code is realllllly needed, though. Tournament play stinks with repeating Cutler Multiball over and over.
My lock down bar doesn't slide straight. I have to "guide" it by pushing up on it to latch the left side. Messed with it before but haven't found a solution yet.
My bookcase flipper was dragging and sticking because it wasn't adjusted properly and was binding in the coil. Ultimately I had to remove the upper playfield which was a real pain. I sure hope there's a true step by step on this process eventually because inevitably something will break up there again someday.
The shooter lane switch and launcher itself were a disaster at first. After several adjustments I think I have this dialed in finally.
I have to remove the backglass and manually turn on my topper / action button / flipper lights every few days.
A couple times this past weekend the apron locks quit working. A power cycle fixes them. Wish I knew that before I went and made a bunch of adjustments to the right one when it quit working, not knowing both weren't working at the time. Ball search didn't push the apron locks either, thus freezing the game.
Plus a bunch of typical adjustments were needed in the first week especially.

That is ALOT of possible ball trap locations. I'm needing to hear more positive vibes from owners. Starting to get that uneasy feeling again. I had about 15 or 20 people over Friday night to play my 10 machines. A mixture of Stern, Older Bally/Williams, CGC, and even a JJP. From 6:30 to 1:30am, there wasn't a single issue that needed to be addressed. Everyone just had fun playing. I know it's early production, but I really don't want a maintenance headache.

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

[quoted image]

I do like the colors of sling plastics better without the protectors but I'd suggest you put some clear washers under them to keep the corners from breaking off.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That is ALOT of possible ball trap locations. I'm needing to hear more positive vibes from owners. Starting to get that uneasy feeling again. I had about 15 or 20 people over Friday night to play my 10 machines. A mixture of Stern, Older Bally/Williams, CGC, and even a JJP. From 6:30 to 1:30am, there wasn't a single issue that needed to be addressed. Everyone just had fun playing. I know it's early production, but I really don't want a maintenance headache.

In 100+ plays I've yet to have a ball stuck in ANY of those locations posted.

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Did you find somewhere to put it where you can appreciate the butter in all its beauty? Mine will be butter and I want to make sure I can see it.

Def gotta get it in a good position to see the butter! I’ve got a new game room so plenty of room to spread them out a bit.

Game stands out amongst the others it’s so nice looking.

Have a GB nearby and Scooby pops and looks better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,619 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.