(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 234.
#3251 1 year ago

Final payment for CE#312 through PinballStar has been requested as of today. Due by 4/12. Ordered on opening day.

#3252 1 year ago

My early impressions after a couple days in with Scooby 181.

THINGS I LOVE:

- Looks even better in person. The playfield and cabinet art phenomenal. I thought I might regret not getting butter since my other 2 pins have it but the decals look so good that I have zero concern.

- Theme integration is spot on. Right up there with R&M.

- Modes are awesome. The light shows, video clips, rules/code, and music all come together so well. Each mystery is its own unique experience.

- Callouts are done perfectly. Really clear what to do without even looking at the screen and picking your character is perfect for mixing it up.

- Plays fast with good flow. (I’ve got the back legs cranked up almost all the way to 7.4)

- The upper playfield is so well done and learning to use the bookshelf is really fun. I underestimated how massive the upper playfield was from photos but it integrates right and I love that you can flow right past it any time by not catching the ball with the bookcase.

- Build quality out of the box is solid so I’m 3 for 3 on pins from Spooky being good to go right out of the box.

THINGS I DON’T LOVE:

- Ball stuck on my very first shot of my very first game, between the upper playfield and the left habitrail. However, bending the habitrail down a bit solved this and I haven’t had another ball stuck since.

- Music during non mystery main gameplay is overly repetitive short clip on a loop.

- Song during Capt Cutter multi-ball is not for me. Not really a big deal but I personally would pick an instrumental version if given the option in the settings.

- Lack of any deep bass is disappointing as someone who has external subs connected to each pin. Missed theatrical opportunity for effects like thunder and certain mode music. The start of sanitarium in Halloween is a great example of this being done really well to set the mood.

- Flipper whine is a bit annoying but sounds like a fix is coming for that.

- Mystery machine shot it a bit narrow and I miss it more often than not. Still easy compared to some of the shots on my R&M. I’m not a great pinball player in general but I’m sure I’ll get it down with more game play.

- Drains through the left out lane seem overly frequent when the ball simply comes down from behind the drop targets. I’m not a physical player but I’m sure a simple nudge would save for those that are. For me, I have to move the post up to the easy kiddie spot .

OVERALL

- I love this pin and I’d say it is overall Spooky’s best so far. The pros outweigh the cons by a long shot. The cons really are very minor and seem easily solvable.

#3253 1 year ago

What could stronger springs do ,it’s a magnet so if it can still pull the plunger into The housing on a reasonable strength setting what damage could happen,I could see if you had to crank up the power to get the flipper to work it would get hot more quickly but what could happen,I have lots of springs and am sure I will be up for doing this mod! But I have never played the game yet so will see!

#3254 1 year ago

Checks in the mail for CE #322 from PinballStar,no butter estimate 30-45 days before delivery.

AC42DE02-89AA-4543-8F17-FA34FF6A3B35 (resized).jpegAC42DE02-89AA-4543-8F17-FA34FF6A3B35 (resized).jpeg
#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

What could stronger springs do ,it’s a magnet so if it can still pull the plunger into The housing on a reasonable strength setting what damage could happen,I could see if you had to crank up the power to get the flipper to work it would get hot more quickly but what could happen,I have lots of springs and am sure I will be up for doing this mod! But I have never played the game yet so will see!

I upped the coil strength by +15 on the upper left. Its still only set to 64 out of 100 if i remember correctly. The upper and lower coils were found to be the same part # and the lowers are set to 100 out of the box. I think its pretty safe but i did want to disclaimer it anyway.

#3256 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

My early impressions after a couple days in with Scooby 181.
THINGS I LOVE:
- Looks even better in person. The playfield and cabinet art phenomenal. I thought I might regret not getting butter since my other 2 pins have it but the decals look so good that I have zero concern.
- Theme integration is spot on. Right up there with R&M.
- Modes are awesome. The light shows, video clips, rules/code, and music all come together so well. Each mystery is its own unique experience.
- Callouts are done perfectly. Really clear what to do without even looking at the screen and picking your character is perfect for mixing it up.
- Plays fast with good flow. (I’ve got the back legs cranked up almost all the way to 7.4)
- The upper playfield is so well done and learning to use the bookshelf is really fun. I underestimated how massive the upper playfield was from photos but it integrates right and I love that you can flow right past it any time by not catching the ball with the bookcase.
- Build quality out of the box is solid so I’m 3 for 3 on pins from Spooky being good to go right out of the box.
THINGS I DON’T LOVE:
- Ball stuck on my very first shot of my very first game, between the upper playfield and the left habitrail. However, bending the habitrail down a bit solved this and I haven’t had another ball stuck since.
- Music during non mystery main gameplay is overly repetitive short clip on a loop.
- Song during Capt Cutter multi-ball is not for me. Not really a big deal but I personally would pick an instrumental version if given the option in the settings.
- Lack of any deep bass is disappointing as someone who has external subs connected to each pin. Missed theatrical opportunity for effects like thunder certain certain mode music. The start of sanitarium in Halloween is a great example of this being done really well to set the mood.
- Flipper whine is a bit annoying but sounds like a fix is coming for that.
- Mystery machine shot it a bit narrow and I miss it more often than not. Still easy compared to some of the shots on my R&M. I’m not a great pinball player in general but I’m sure I’ll get it down with more game play.
- Drains through the left out lane seem overly frequent when the ball simply comes down from behind the drop targets. I’m not a physical player but I’m sure a simple nudge would save for those that are. For me, I have to move the post up to the easy kiddie spot .
OVERALL
- I love this pin and I’d say it is overall Spooky’s best so far. The pros outweigh the cons by a long shot. The cons really are very minor and seem easily solvable.

Noted! Also backhand both spinner shots it's easier!

#3257 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Checks in the mail for CE #322 from PinballStar,no butter estimate 30-45 days before delivery.
[quoted image]

Nice! I remember checks. I think I used one a few years ago.

#3258 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I have been chatting with Mr_Tantrum about an emblem for the LD bar for Scooby but I need some ideas on what it should look like or say and what color(s) it should be.
Can you guys toss out some ideas please?
TIA

Front of Mystery Machine. Action button is the spare tire, headlights on either side. No text.

Or what if, just what if someone did that in 3d relief and had the headlights light up tied to the lights in the Mystery Machine toy on the playfield? Honk Honk!

Basically the front clip from the bottom of the windshield down to the bumper…

20705ED2-82D4-499B-8093-447C5F4C560C (resized).jpeg20705ED2-82D4-499B-8093-447C5F4C560C (resized).jpeg
#3259 1 year ago

While I'm posting, SpookyLuke any more info on a possible JD stream? Rumoured that he's doing one for Galactic Tank Force soon, wondering if there's still one planned for Scooby. Maybe with the next code update?

#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

While I'm posting, SpookyLuke any more info on a possible JD stream? Rumoured that he's doing one for Galactic Tank Force soon, wondering if there's still one planned for Scooby. Maybe with the next code update?

Still the plan.

#3261 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Front of Mystery Machine. Action button is the spare tire, headlights on either side. No text.
Or what if, just what if someone did that in 3d relief and had the headlights light up tied to the lights in the Mystery Machine toy on the playfield? Honk Honk!
Basically the front clip from the bottom of the windshield down to the bumper…[quoted image]

Wizard Mod did something like that. Not sure it works on CE very well though as its very different color scheme.

https://www.wizardmod.com/product-page/scooby-doo-standard-bse-pinball-magnetic-wizemblems

#3262 1 year ago

Nothing on mine CE36

#3263 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Noted! Also backhand both spinner shots it's easier!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip.

#3264 1 year ago

Im in the 530s and trying to plan when Ill need to sell a game. I like to wait until the last minute! Im thinking I have another 2 months at least before getting invoiced? How many are they doing a month these days?

#3265 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Im in the 530s and trying to plan when Ill need to sell a game. I like to wait until the last minute! Im thinking I have another 2 months at least before getting invoiced? How many are they doing a month these days?

I think the cadence is still ~30 a week? So maybe 6 or 7 weeks until you get invoiced? Just a wild ass guess.

#3266 1 year ago

i like the napkin math and ill use that thanks

#3267 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i like the napkin math and ill use that thanks

There's a delivery estimator in the key posts. It's based on production numbers from Spooky, and pinsiders posted dates. Seems pretty accurate

#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Looking like early June:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=sharing

#3269 1 year ago

Just got #182 set up started one game and it is completely unplayable. First off the machine boots angels the shaker sounds like it’s going break the glass actually scared our customers out of the pin room. Turned off the shaker and it’s still does it. All the balls went into the mystery machine and it just says searching for balls now. Major disappointment

#3270 1 year ago

Lifting the playfield with the machine off got it to release the balls, they were all stacked in the mystery machine vuc so we’ll see if we can get a game out of it or not. The shaker still sounds awful on boot up anyone else have that issue?

#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

First off the machine boots angels

giphy (4).gifgiphy (4).gif
#3272 1 year ago

Lol no idea how I put angels. It boots and the shaker shakes so hard the machine sounds like it’s breaking

#3273 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

Lol no idea how I put angels. It boots and the shaker shakes so hard the machine sounds like it’s breaking

That is strange... Have you taken a look at any of the wiring on the shaker board? It's near the amplifier in the bottom of the cabinet.

#3274 1 year ago

No, the shaker does not shake at boot-up. Honestly, it barely shakes at all at this point in the code (especially as compared to Halloween). I hope that increases as the code matures. That can definitely wait, but I hope it's on the list.

Sounds like yours is shorted or something else weird is going on.

#3275 1 year ago

Just watched Slapdrain stream. Are there really no extra ball opportunities?

#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from robey99:

Just watched Slapdrain stream. Are there really no extra ball opportunities?

Not yet that I've seen in the games I've played. Hope they add that somehow as well.

#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Not yet that I've seen in the games I've played. Hope they add that somehow as well.

I sure hope so. I need it!

#3278 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

That is strange... Have you taken a look at any of the wiring on the shaker board? It's near the amplifier in the bottom of the cabinet.

let me look real quick. During gameplay it is completely normal it’s just at boot. I took a small video of it but can’t upload that here.

#3279 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

let me look real quick. During gameplay it is completely normal it’s just at boot. I took a small video of it but can’t upload that here.

Looks right I believe

72C71A3E-95DF-4A1E-9315-FB0BE4FF7B95 (resized).jpeg72C71A3E-95DF-4A1E-9315-FB0BE4FF7B95 (resized).jpeg
#3280 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

Looks right I believe
[quoted image]

Matches mine in that area.

#3281 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Matches mine in that area.

After manually removing the balls from the vuc and 4 reboots we finally got a few games in and so far so good except for that extreme shake at boot. It actually causes the machine to walk forward about 1/4 inch. Other than the shake I love it. It’s stunning to look at and shoots well, the only other ball that stuck was somewhere up the middle ramp but ball search got it. Playfield is set at 7.2 pitch according to pinguy app.

#3282 1 year ago

So many groups haha, I had been flowing another thread but looks like I found the one I need to now. I have #81, plays great after shooter lane switch and mech adjustment.

#3283 1 year ago

I'm seeing the same issue as reported by a few others that the ball doesn't auto launch during mystery machine multiball after a drain during ball save. It sits in shooter lane until I launch it. It isn't an issue with the switch as it launches during ball save when not in multiball.

#3284 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

I'm seeing the same issue as reported by a few others that the ball doesn't auto launch during mystery machine multiball after a drain during ball save. It sits in shooter lane until I launch it. It isn't an issue with the switch as it launches during ball save when not in multiball.

Never had it not launch a ball but sometimes it sits in the shooter lane way longer than you would expect before it launches.

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

Just got #182 set up started one…. ….All the balls went into the mystery machine and it just says searching for balls now.

How did you go from starting a game to ALL 7 balls in the mystery machine? Im so confused.

#3286 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Never had it not launch a ball but sometimes it sits in the shooter lane way longer than you would expect before it launches.

Agreed. I am hoping code adjustment will reduce this time down a fair because it is far too long.

#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

Lifting the playfield with the machine off got it to release the balls, they were all stacked in the mystery machine vuc so we’ll see if we can get a game out of it or not. The shaker still sounds awful on boot up anyone else have that issue?

My shaker does that also. I have anti rattle tape on the glass and yeah the shaker really shakes.

#3288 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Faster auto launch and ball kickout from the Mystery Machine will be in the next code release.

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

After manually removing the balls from the vuc and 4 reboots we finally got a few games in and so far so good except for that extreme shake at boot. It actually causes the machine to walk forward about 1/4 inch. Other than the shake I love it. It’s stunning to look at and shoots well, the only other ball that stuck was somewhere up the middle ramp but ball search got it. Playfield is set at 7.2 pitch according to pinguy app.

I would unplug the shaker until you get that figured out. It shouldn't be doing that.

#3290 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Happened to me also, had to launch it myself. Mystery Machine shot is tight. On a side note, I love the Captain Cutler MB song. So does my wife and kids. Looking forward to code getting rid of coil whine noise.

#3291 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

How did you go from starting a game to ALL 7 balls in the mystery machine? Im so confused.

it went in and did a ball search but didn’t find anything so it put another ball in the shooter lane so we shot it in there to see if it would knock something loose but it just did the same thing so we kept doing it

#3292 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I would unplug the shaker until you get that figured out. It shouldn't be doing that.

Agreed, I should probably do that. I was 16th a into my work day and beat by that point lol

#3294 1 year ago

Rocket City Pinball Start and Launch button before and after.

4983FCB4-35FE-4AAF-A318-400182FCB284 (resized).jpeg4983FCB4-35FE-4AAF-A318-400182FCB284 (resized).jpegA97132ED-5450-47A3-BA69-A5E6F431ABEB (resized).jpegA97132ED-5450-47A3-BA69-A5E6F431ABEB (resized).jpeg
#3295 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Rocket City Pinball Start and Launch button before and after.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I swear I'm not trying to be contradictory, but I like the originals better. Alot better.

#3296 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My shaker does that also. I have anti rattle tape on the glass and yeah the shaker really shakes.

My shaker does not fire on boot. The only vib i get is when a mode timer is low and its very slight. Similar to the cell phone ringing vibs in dialed in if you have ever played that with a shaker.

Does anyone know what the intended effect is actually supposed to be?

#3297 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

JD streamed GTF with the AP crew this evening. It was painful to watch. I bugged out after 35 minutes. I know that everyone’s just getting home from the show this past weekend and whatnot, but man…it just seemed like they set up the machine a few minutes before the stream and didn’t play it to make sure everything was working and set properly. IDK how many times they had to pull the glass, but someone in another thread said they had to do it more than once. That is not the way to convince people to buy a product. Those guys should have brought in their thoroughbred, and it was clear that the machine they brought was definitely not that one. I know Team Spooky won’t do that, but tonight’s Deadflip stream was most definitely a cautionary tale of overconfidence.

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I swear I'm not trying to be contradictory, but I like the originals better. Alot better.

Same

#3299 1 year ago

Ok so I booted it this morning and no extreme shaking at startup. First ball fell out of the right rail so my son turned it off to get the ball. Reboot and no shaking again. Wth

#3300 1 year ago
Quoted from Sharkbait:

Ok so I booted it this morning and no extreme shaking at startup. First ball fell out of the right rail so my son turned it off to get the ball. Reboot and no shaking again. Wth

Perhaps you need to get those meddling kids to solve this mystery for you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 26.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/66?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.