(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,641 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Danzig
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 233.
#3151 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

What game number has been delivered so far?

137 tomorrow to California with ABF

#3152 1 year ago

I definitely recommend pinstadiums on Scooby. Before and after.

FF3AC063-AAEA-4A7E-9DB4-79EE10D26EF6 (resized).jpegFF3AC063-AAEA-4A7E-9DB4-79EE10D26EF6 (resized).jpeg81D9909C-9EAF-48B5-88AF-2BEAB6266C8E (resized).jpeg81D9909C-9EAF-48B5-88AF-2BEAB6266C8E (resized).jpeg
#3153 1 year ago

Been having this issue with mine since I unboxed it a few days ago. Hard to see up there to see exactly why it gets stuck but no shaking l will dislodge the ball. It usually happens on a soft shot up the middle that doesn’t have enough force to make it to the upper playfield.

Quoted from dpadam450:

Hey Spooky, my local arcade got Scooby a few days ago and tonight they had some balls getting stuck up the main middle ramp to the upper playfield. Looks like you have acrylic on top of the low-clearance ramp. A few times the ball was stuck mid ramp and had to be cleared by hand. Then owner used some kind of object as a shim so that the acrylic top was pushed higher up making a taller clearance. Something to look into. Literally happened within 2x within 5 games of their weekly Friday event.

#3154 1 year ago
Quoted from jgeiger:

Been having this issue with mine since I unboxed it a few days ago. Hard to see up there to see exactly why it gets stuck but no shaking l will dislodge the ball. It usually happens on a soft shot up the middle that doesn’t have enough force to make it to the upper playfield.

There is a Cat 5 cable pushing down on the plastic that traps the ball. Need to move it. I did a while ago and no longer an issue for me.

#3155 1 year ago

Thanks! Will try it out.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

There is a Cat 5 cable pushing down on the plastic that traps the ball. Need to move it. I did a while ago and no longer an issue for me.

#3156 1 year ago

Looks great in the photo. I'm curious if it's too bright during the light shows and darker mood lighting moments

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Looks great in the photo. I'm curious if it's too bright during the light shows and darker mood lighting moments

I was worried about that myself, but it’s not an issue. The light shows are still awesome and show up great. Nice compliment to the pinstadium lights. You can also turn the brightness down. Mine are at 100% brightness.

I love seeing all the artwork. So much color in there. Such a gorgeous game. Zero regrets getting it or pinstadium lights. Godzilla getting done next.

#3158 1 year ago

I was worried about that myself, but it’s not an issue. The light shows are still awesome and show up great. Nice compliment to the pinstadium lights. You can also turn the brightness down. Mine are at 100% brightness.
I love seeing all the artwork. So much color in there. Such a gorgeous game. Zero regrets getting it or pinstadium lights. Godzilla getting done next.

Thanks!

Could you show a picture of the habitrail modification you did to stop the ball falling out

#3159 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! That makes a huge difference! Nice!

#3160 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Thanks!
Could you show a picture of the habitrail modification you did to stop the ball falling out

Loosen the nut and then move the upper part of the habitrail to the right.

E2892D63-C07A-4CDA-AA95-C2B4D0C805D1 (resized).jpegE2892D63-C07A-4CDA-AA95-C2B4D0C805D1 (resized).jpeg
#3161 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

Wow! That makes a huge difference! Nice!

Thanks! It’s a game changer for me for sure.

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from jgeiger:

Quoted from dpadam450:

Hey Spooky, my local arcade got Scooby a few days ago and tonight they had some balls getting stuck up the main middle ramp to the upper playfield. Looks like you have acrylic on top of the low-clearance ramp. A few times the ball was stuck mid ramp and had to be cleared by hand. Then owner used some kind of object as a shim so that the acrylic top was pushed higher up making a taller clearance. Something to look into. Literally happened within 2x within 5 games of their weekly Friday event.

I had the same thing with mine, and made some spacers. See post #3129:
PM me if you need a set.

Quoted from TSB_:

Mine had no issues with plastic hanging too low on the Left/Center loop, but I thought I'd be proactive and make a spacer for it.
You can slide it in without any disassembly, but I took pictures of the install with the upper playfield lifted.
Set it on the rail, then slide it back in place, and push it down. The front sits right behind the post.

For anyone with a Center Ramp issue:
I was getting an occasional stuck ball half-way up the ramp, which would shake loose with a little nudge. It's similar to the left/center loop, where the plastic is too low and catches the ball. I've made a spacer for that, too.
It slides between the plastic and the ramp sidewall, then gets positioned right below the edge of the upper playfield.

- I can make these for anyone out there that may need them. Just pm me, or tag me in a post.

#3163 1 year ago
Quoted from TSB_:

I had the same thing with mine, and made some spacers. See post #3129:
PM me if you need a set.

Thanks, TSB: Will definitely watch for it tomorrow. Helpful. Reading issues with that center ramp. Hopefully won’t be a consideration for us but glad to know there’s some one out there with a fix if we need it

#3164 1 year ago

Yes pinstadium does make the games look great but my goodness are they expensive. The markup is huge. Please keep in mind I am not insulting the product or the company in any form but $650 for the thinner/smaller ones is hard to swallow. Not only but 99% of what they do and the app no one needs. If I had them they would always be on white and most likely around 60% brightness.

The other thing is they are a massive pain if you are going in and out of the game much at all.

If they were about $200 I would probably have them on all my games except WCS because mine all led with pinduino lighting is quite bright itself.

I will say I do like the look of Scooby with the pinstadiums on a lot more than without.

#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yes pinstadium does make the games look great but my goodness are they expensive. The markup is huge. Please keep in mind I am not insulting the product or the company in any form but $650 for the thinner/smaller ones is hard to swallow. Not only but 99% of what they do and the app no one needs. If I had them they would always be on white and most likely around 60% brightness.
The other thing is they are a massive pain if you are going in and out of the game much at all.
If they were about $200 I would probably have them on all my games except WCS because mine all led with pinduino lighting is quite bright itself.
I will say I do like the look of Scooby with the pinstadiums on a lot more than without.

I paid $349 I believe when they went on sale during TPF. Normal price $399. Considering what we pay for toppers and mods, it’s not too horrible.

#3166 1 year ago

I paid $349 I believe when they went on sale during TPF. Normal price $399. Considering what we pay for toppers and mods, it’s not too horrible.

399 is the first tier model and the older tech. The meos are supposed to smaller and better but they are $649

I still like the extra light but it’s a tough one to swallow.

Btw where did you end up attaching the UV lead for Scooby?

#3167 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

399 is the first tier model and the older tech. The meos are supposed to smaller and better but they are $649

No, the $399 Neo Atoms, are the new model, just fewer features than the $650 ones, Neo Fusion Atom or something like that. OG without the diffuser are $299, regular Neo’s were $350ish, the new Neo Atoms are the thin ones. I know because I’ve been lusting after a set since they came out.

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I used the shaker to attach the UV lighting. Hopefully more shaker integration comes down the line. Sucks there are no flashers I can tie into. Thought about using the mystery machine, but in attract mode the lights stay on.

Scott said the UV should not be on for a long time because they get hot. So will check settings if I can turn this off. I know I have the attract SFX turned off. Will check turning off the lights and see if the Mystery Machine headlights go off.

Unfortunately not many options at this point.

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from Andy777:

No, the $399 Neo Atoms, are the new model, just fewer features than the $650 ones, Neo Fusion Atom or something like that. OG without the diffuser are $299, regular Neo’s were $350ish, the new Neo Atoms are the thin ones. I know because I’ve been lusting after a set since they came out.

They are awesome. Love that they are not wide at all and the Atoms have just enough room where Charlie would effect mounting them. He’s really close to the side of the cabinet.

#3170 1 year ago

If my games needs lights I will make a diy set for 25 bucks ,you can turn down the brightness and change colors and that is all but the price is right!
I don’t deny pinstatium and if you like the options they offer than that is the price!

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

If my games needs lights I will make a diy set for 25 bucks ,you can turn down the brightness and change colors and that is all but the price is right!
I don’t deny pinstatium and if you like the options they offer than that is the price!

Do you have a list of parts and how to for this?

#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from Andy777:

Thanks for the clarification I thought only the $600 ones were the new thin ones. My mistake.

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I’m with you on this one! A more affordable just white light version would be nice.

#3174 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’m with you on this one! A more affordable just white light version would be nice.

I’ve tried to convince him to make them. He’s not interested.

#3175 1 year ago

That’s because they would be cheap and then his others wouldn’t sell. Not knocking him at all but I know the mark up is high on these things.

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve tried to convince him to make them. He’s not interested.

That’s a bummer…. I’ll just keep doing what I do if the playfield is a bit dark. Post lights and mirror blades trough lighting and strip lighting at the back of the playfield. It’s a really cheap alternative. Just a little more work

#3177 1 year ago

The downside to the pinstadium to me on the CE is permanently attaching the magnet strip to the side art. The light bars are removable but not the adhesive backed magnet strip.

I don't like the idea of covering up the artwork on the sideart. I'd do it to a pin with black sides

#3178 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

That’s a bummer…. I’ll just keep doing what I do if the playfield is a bit dark. Post lights and mirror blades trough lighting and strip lighting at the back of the playfield. It’s a really cheap alternative. Just a little more work

I never play with the room lights off. That helps.

#3179 1 year ago

Thinking about releasing a new wearable lighting mod. Ties into your brain synapses. SkullStadiums are the ultimate portable lighting solution that go everywhere you do. Wear em in the shower, eating breakfast, driving to work, work, lunch, work, home, dinner and bedtime. Recommend wearing 100% of time while playing pinball.

CBD552AF-9F96-4E8E-AAC5-50CDEE9F1FF7.jpegCBD552AF-9F96-4E8E-AAC5-50CDEE9F1FF7.jpeg

#3180 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

The downside to the pinstadium to me on the CE is permanently attaching the magnet strip to the side art. The light bars are removable but not the adhesive backed magnet strip.
I don't like the idea of covering up the artwork on the sideart. I'd do it to a pin with black sides

At least the neos are a lot smaller and not as noticeable but I get what you are saying.

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

At least the neos are a lot smaller and not as noticeable but I get what you are saying.

Yes I think Neos are the way to go for the slim profile. I have a JP PE on order and will probably throw them on that since there is no side art. But since our Scooby CE comes with the art from the factory I think I'll skip this one. Pinstadiums or cheaper alternatives definitely make things look nicer

#3182 1 year ago

Pinstadiums are not for every game. They can make a game pop that’s for sure.
If a game has a spooky or scary theme, I like for it to be a little dark. TWD and Alien are good examples. Scooby isn’t really a scary them, but it is a spooky.

#3183 1 year ago

Sorry I guess I assumed the adhesive "magna mounts" were going to be permanent once attached.

Does anyone know if they can be removed cleanly without damaging the side art? Maybe a question for a different forum

#3184 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Sorry I guess I assumed the adhesive "magna mounts" were going to be permanent once attached.
Does anyone know if they can be removed cleanly without damaging the side art?

Now that part I don't know but if you are really want to make that part removeable I would imagine you could remove the adhesive from the magnet strips and then use command strips (lots of them) instead. I am sure they would not damage the art when removed.

#3185 1 year ago

Can the Ninja balls from ball baron be used in Scooby?

#3186 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

They can be used in any pinball machine. They just might get magnetized at some point if the game has magnets. Scooby has magnets.

#3187 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I use them in every game, including those with magnetic features. I just demagnetize the balls when I take them out for maintenance. Any ferrous ball will eventually become magnetized to some level, it just happens faster with chrome plated balls. I've yet to have to remove the glass strictly for this purpose in a home setting: there is always something else broken, or in need of cleaning that initiates the process.

#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I use them in every game, including those with magnetic features. I just demagnetize the balls when I take them out for maintenance. Any ferrous ball will eventually become magnetized to some level, it just happens faster with chrome plated balls. I've yet to have to remove the glass strictly for this purpose in a home setting: there is always something else broken, or in need of cleaning that initiates the process.

How do you demag them during maintenance?

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

How do you demag them during maintenance?

I have one of these, but there are many other similar devices that would work. It is basically just an electromagnet that continuously reverses polarity. I use it on other tools (mostly drill bits) that I don't want to be magnetized. A magnetic-tape eraser would probably work, you can probably get one for free if you or a friend works in an industry that use to utilize such a thing and has an old A/V closet. I still kick myself for not grabbing a couple of those about 10 years ago from a cart with "free" stuff on it. Just be sure you have a good hold on what you are demagnetizing, as you can send something across the room!

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/03800935?mscNew=true&rItem=03800935

#3190 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Hi, it's you from the future... don't do it

#3191 1 year ago

BallyKISS1978

any chance you could snap a pic of the pinstadiums "led side" for me please. Meaning the side aiming down to the PF just would like to see what that looks like and the actual size of the units.

Thanks

Greg

#3192 1 year ago

#265 butter email today. For your tracking.

#3193 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Hi, it's you from the future... don't do it

Stick to carbon steel?

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Do you have a list of parts and how to for this?

A must have for ACNC and maybe for SD as well: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/143#post-6883560

#3195 1 year ago

Just got my butter/no butter email today. I hope all of these issues and subsequent fixes are being implemented at the factory on the games leaving moving forward.

Thanks! It’s a game changer for me for sure.

I hope Spooky is keeping tabs on these issues and fixing on QC moving forward in production.

#3196 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

SkullStadiums are the ultimate portable lighting solution that go everywhere you do.

I have two Pinstadium Neo's, purchased when they were first released, still sitting in their packaging (my time has been at a premium lately and I would rather be playing my pins than working on them, with such limited time).

I'm in for a SkullStadium, though!

#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

Does anyone know if they can be removed cleanly without damaging the side art? Maybe a question for a different forum

They can be removed. It’s not like attaching them with super glue or strong adhesive. I was able to pull them off to readjust them. It’s not permanent per se. The strip can be removed. It’s double sided tape pretty much but stronger. The art blades material is very durable. It won’t pull anything off.

And they do not block the art blades much at all. Favor narrow footprint. But I like them and it’s not for everyone. The brighter lights on Scooby don’t detract from the spooky theme. I was worried about that myself. Halloween, well that’s one I am worried would detract from the horror vibe. Scooby is a cartoon and the playfield artwork is amazing and I like it showcased.

D9FEBD59-0915-4B2E-8D82-8436377AA211 (resized).jpegD9FEBD59-0915-4B2E-8D82-8436377AA211 (resized).jpeg0FC41687-A777-4F82-B779-B39026B01844 (resized).jpeg0FC41687-A777-4F82-B779-B39026B01844 (resized).jpeg7ABCB982-D16B-47DF-B4CE-F51C00A0DFD7 (resized).jpeg7ABCB982-D16B-47DF-B4CE-F51C00A0DFD7 (resized).jpegA900E1EF-63D2-49ED-A369-2F141BF039AD (resized).jpegA900E1EF-63D2-49ED-A369-2F141BF039AD (resized).jpeg
#3199 1 year ago

That is correct the adhesive on the mag strip can easily removed if any stays on the blades but no adhesive should stay!

#3200 1 year ago

I just received butter or no butter on 268# for the record.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.95
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

There are 11,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/64?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.