(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,643 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 233.
#3102 1 year ago

I am. Great game in my opinion. Not for everyone but it is a unique experience compared to my other pins.

#3103 1 year ago

What the Hell kind of stupid question is that?

#3104 1 year ago

Doesn’t own, and has never owned a Halloween…or even a Spooky…why are you in a club thread?

#3106 1 year ago

We freaking love our Halloween!

#3107 1 year ago

Got some time on a Scooby tonight. Many thanks to brerspidur for letting the wife and I come over.

She is in love with the game nuff said. Good thing I got someone’s spot then.

I have to say it is one of the best looking games I have ever seen. They absolutely nailed to look the colors the art all of it. It will be the best looking game in our house by a wide margin. Great job SpookyLuke

Coding still needs a lot of work but I already knew that and we already know it’s coming. In an hour of play the ball got stuck a few times and the ball search does not release the flipper target save. Balls would sit here until the machine was tilted.

We can’t wait to get the game and more importantly get the future updates which clear up the few things that we noticed tonight.

#3109 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

#135 LEB set up last night. Three games in the auto plunge won't do it's job. Ball never makes it out of the trough. Was late and didn't dig into it fully yet today, wondering if anyone else has this issue and if it's a quick fix.

Yeah. I had that same issue today. Tried to adjust the launch power in the menu but it didn't do anything so I reset it to factory and restarted but now it is not working at all. Don't have time to mess with it tonight.

#3112 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

After getting it setup on Thursday night, I experienced a ball trap in the first game. I literally just left the ball in there and added another to the game. This has worked and I will wait until Spooky has their other plastics available to remedy these. Just an FYI in case others experience it and wonder how to prevent it for now.[quoted image]

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It’s popping out of the habitrail.
[quoted image]

You need to adjust the upper portion of that ramp. Loosen the nut and slide the ramp to the right and tighten nut. (Which is counter intuitive i know) Takes about 5 seconds. This happened on my game a few times. Did that adjustment and it has never happened again. As far I as I know Spooky is not planning on releasing plastic for this. They are working on something for some wires hanging down by the center ramp. That never happened on my game so maybe it already has the fix?

#3113 1 year ago

Does anyone know which wires feed the upper magnets? I figured out which ones power the lower one. I want to tie my Pinstadium’s into one of the upper playfield magnets. Not sure how often the lower one activates. Otherwise shaker only other option to tie into.

E5CF4DE3-576E-4DB6-8226-39955AC2E811 (resized).jpegE5CF4DE3-576E-4DB6-8226-39955AC2E811 (resized).jpeg
#3114 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

You need to adjust the upper portion of that ramp. Loosen the nut and slide the ramp to the right and tighten nut. (Which is counter intuitive i know) Takes about 5 seconds. This happened on my game a few times. Did that adjustment and it has never happened again. As far I as I know Spooky is not planning on releasing plastic for this. They are working on something for some wires hanging down by the center ramp. That never happened on my game so maybe it already has the fix?

Ok cool. Will do that now!! Thanks for the tip!!! Really annoying when it happens. And it happens enough.

#3115 1 year ago

Maybe pinside has become too toxic. Not even club threads are moderated…Spooky is the last manufacturer routinely on here…if they leave…and that’s is up to them…I guess it’s on to the next…whatever that is.
</

#3116 1 year ago

Ok cool. Will do that now!! Thanks for the tip!!! Really annoying when it happens. And it happens enough.

Be sure to report back. I only have a sample size of one but it happened multiple times on the first few games after setup. Hasn't happened since including my 2 hour live stream. I didnt bend or tweak anything. I just slid the ramp all the way to the right and tighten it down.

#3117 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Starting to wonder a bit myself. Have been on pinside for a few years. This particular thread seems to have been dominated by people who are pissed they weren’t able to create the Scooby owners thread, folks who have no regard whatsoever for Spooky, and those who simply want to stir shit or “trigger” in their words. Doubt that I’ll walk away and pissed at myself for letting them get to me…but damn!!! Spread your misery somewhere else. Enjoying by Halloween and looking forward to our Scooby next week. Shannon arrives on Monday.

I just received a moderator moderating me for pointing out a moderating. Not sure what to say. My post has been deleted.

#3118 1 year ago

Does anyone know which wires feed the upper magnets? I figured out which ones power the lower one. I want to tie my Pinstadium’s into one of the upper playfield magnets. Not sure how often the lower one activates. Otherwise shaker only other option to tie into. [quoted image]

Should be pretty easy to follow those wires and see which one runs to the lower magnet. The others would be you upper magnet.

#3119 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Should be pretty easy to follow those wires and see which one runs to the lower magnet. The others would be you upper magnet.

Lower is easy, but the view is so limited looking from the side to see the upper magnets. I see the purple and black wires that are tied into the stand up target by Captain Cutlers hand, but can’t see what’s coming off the magnet itself.

The upper right wires are covered and those feed to the left side and can’t see where they lead to.

#3120 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Be sure to report back. I only have a sample size of one but it happened multiple times on the first few games after setup. Hasn't happened since including my 2 hour live stream. I didnt bend or tweak anything. I just slid the ramp all the way to the right and tighten it down.

I will for sure!

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I just received a moderator moderating me for pointing out a moderating. Not sure what to say. My post has been deleted.

First rule of Pinside, don’t talk about moderators moderating!

#3122 1 year ago

Ok, been modded twice in the last 20 min in a club thread and have been a pinsider for over 18 years…times have changed. And never been moderated…ever.

#3123 1 year ago
Quoted from randomlogin:

Yeah. I had that same issue today. Tried to adjust the launch power in the menu but it didn't do anything so I reset it to factory and restarted but now it is not working at all. Don't have time to mess with it tonight.

So I ended up actually pinching the two metal tabs for lack of a better term together a little bit closer rather than apart and now it's working. It's not kicking it up all that powerfully but at least it's getting it up the ramp and fed to the right flipper.

#3124 1 year ago

Welcome to the Club

Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, been modded twice in the last 20 min in a club thread and have been a pinsider for over 18 years…times have changed. And never been moderated…ever.

#3125 1 year ago

I have loved pinside and the support…but
It has changed…I need to take a break. I wish all
that need support or ideas well, but this is not that forum anymore. I’ll look for other pin sites to help. New pinballers are the future. Peace and pinball!

#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

#152 has landed and looks to be in working order. This game is a stunner! Looks amazing, and that upper playfield is huge. I had to do the pinball shuffle to get it to fit in my garage. I was not expecting the topper to be so tall.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your gameroom looks fun!

#3127 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

that need support or ideas well, but this is not that forum anymore. I’ll look for other pin sites to help. New pinballers are the future. Peace and pinball!

Got me thinking. Only have really known Pinside in my rookie first and second seasons in this hobby. What other alternative pin sites or forums are out there that are worth looking into?

#3128 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Got me thinking. Only have really known Pinside in my rookie first and second seasons in this hobby. What other alternative pin sites or forums are out there that are worth looking into?

There are General and specialized pinball groups on Facebook, there’s even one specific to Scooby-Doo pinball.

#3129 1 year ago

Mine had no issues with plastic hanging too low on the Left/Center loop, but I thought I'd be proactive and make a spacer for it.
You can slide it in without any disassembly, but I took pictures of the install with the upper playfield lifted.
Set it on the rail, then slide it back in place, and push it down. The front sits right behind the post.
IMG_1390 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1390 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_1391 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_1393 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_1394 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1394 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_1397 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1397 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_1400 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1400 2 (resized).JPG

For anyone with a Center Ramp issue:
I was getting an occasional stuck ball half-way up the ramp, which would shake loose with a little nudge. It's similar to the left/center loop, where the plastic is too low and catches the ball. I've made a spacer for that, too.
It slides between the plastic and the ramp sidewall, then gets positioned right below the edge of the upper playfield.

IMG_1407 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1407 2 (resized).JPG

IMG_1406 2 (resized).JPGIMG_1406 2 (resized).JPG

- I can make these for anyone out there that may need them. Just pm me, or tag me in a post.
I'll also reach out to Spooky to see if they want to use this remediation.

#3130 1 year ago

which wires feed the upper magnets … Pinstadium’s into one of the upper playfield magnets.

I wouldn’t do that.

I doubt your LED lights are the same voltage as a playfield magnet.

If the magnet is 20v solenoid voltage, boom goes your LEDs.

Honestly — I could go on a rant about some of the mods I see on Pinside tapping into things they shouldn’t be. Dont get me started on alligator clips on test points! Don’t be one of those guys …

rd

Added 12 months ago:

The magnet is indeed 48v - too high power for Pinstadiums. If you don’t know what you’re doing, always check with a meter (or with the manufacturer) before doing any mods to a pinball machine.

#3131 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I wouldn’t do that.
Honestly — I could go on a rant about some of the mods I see on Pinside tapping into things they shouldn’t be. Dont get me started on alligator clips on test points! Don’t be one of those guys …
rd

I tested the pinstadium on the lower magnet. It worked and it did not blow out the lights. I did a coil test with leads tapped into the lower playfield magnet socket and they came on when I turned on the magnet to test it the UV lights came on. So your incorrect in this case.

#3132 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Pinside is great when you customize it. If you leave it stock, you’re going to run into trolls all day.

#3133 1 year ago

I tested the pinstadium on the lower magnet. It worked and it did not blow out the lights. I did a coil test with leads tapped into the lower playfield magnet socket and they came on when I turned on the magnet to test it the UV lights came on. So your incorrect in this case.

*You’re* Incorrect

Pinstadium website states to not use a trigger more than 24v and I would think the magnets are 48v. Might not be an issue for a quick test, but could overheat the LEDs over a long session. Would be very easy to throw a resistor in series to limit the voltage.

#3134 1 year ago

Yeah if doesn’t go off in flasher test menu don’t hook pinstadiums to it.

#3135 1 year ago

Magnets in scooby are 48v

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I wouldn’t do that.
rd

It's actually not the power for the LEDs in the Pinstadiums he's talking about but rather the flasher trigger input which can be as high as 24V but as Soooky just confirmed the magnets are 48v so it's still true that you shouldn't use that as the trigger input.

#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Quoted from SLRage:

Welcome to the Club

Times have changed: Woke

#3138 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I deleted my response to you in support of your original post as it no longer made any sense since yours had been moderated and then, unfortunately, deleted. There are those who have dominated this thread for no good reason and, yet, they have been allowed to continue. I don’t get it. I will continue to go to pinside as I have for several years because there is good information here. I just wish the haters, as well as those who still appear whiny and pissed that they were not “allowed” to create this owners thread, would spread their misery elsewhere.
Joy filled day here though. Shannon is slated for delivery tomorrow, and Scooby should not be too far behind! Going to be a great week!

#3139 1 year ago
Quoted from Danzig:

[quoted image]

Has anyone cut the habitrail top wires off their game?

It’s one of the first mods I want to do when my game arrives. Seems like they are overkill being on top as well on the entire form.

Or is the ball going so fast the top two wires are needed the entire circumference?

#3140 1 year ago

SpookyLuke It doesn't look like there is any newer code than end of February (2/25/2023)? Is that correct?

#3141 1 year ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

SpookyLuke It doesn't look like there is any newer code than end of February (2/25/2023)? Is that correct?

Should be within a week or so here!

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hate to see you leave Dnapac. Have enjoyed your posts. Hopefully you’ll come back after a break. Understand where you are coming from though. Enjoy that Scooby!!!

#3143 1 year ago

Ruh Roh - it was lucky I was home on Tuesday when the truck showed up - but CE 144 is now set up on location in Listowel, Ontario!

Early reviews are that the game is great! Very approachable gameplay - super fast playing for a widebody machine - and of course the art / clips / audio are all instantly classic imo. The gameplay feels very smooth and so far we have had very few glitches or hangups!

I look forward to seeing a few bugs worked out with future code updates, my big request would have to be to add a 'timed-plunger' option so an abandonned game will eventually end. Also I notice the stock high scores have full names but you cannot change and option to add longer high scores names.. would love to see that in the future

20230329_111857.jpg20230329_111857.jpg20230329_171138.jpg20230329_171138.jpg20230329_180439.jpg20230329_180439.jpg20230329_182536.jpg20230329_182536.jpg20230329_184929.jpg20230329_184929.jpg
#3144 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

CE 144 is now set up on location in Listowel, Ontario!

I see a note on the coin door saying it is on free play. I also see plenty of comfortable seating to rest on between games. If you also have beds there in your showroom I think I'll come over and stay the night.

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Ruh Roh - it was lucky I was home on Tuesday when the truck showed up - but CE 144 is now set up on location in Listowel, Ontario!
Early reviews are that the game is great! Very approachable gameplay - super fast playing for a widebody machine - and of course the art / clips / audio are all instantly classic imo. The gameplay feels very smooth and so far we have had very few glitches or hangups!
I look forward to seeing a few bugs worked out with future code updates, my big request would have to be to add a 'timed-plunger' option so an abandonned game will eventually end. Also I notice the stock high scores have full names but you cannot change and option to add longer high scores names.. would love to see that in the future [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm worried about that door hitting the side of the cab

#3146 1 year ago
Quoted from TSB_:

Mine had no issues with plastic hanging too low on the Left/Center loop, but I thought I'd be proactive and make a spacer for it.
You can slide it in without any disassembly, but I took pictures of the install with the upper playfield lifted.
Set it on the rail, then slide it back in place, and push it down. The front sits right behind the post.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

For anyone with a Center Ramp issue:
I was getting an occasional stuck ball half-way up the ramp, which would shake loose with a little nudge. It's similar to the left/center loop, where the plastic is too low and catches the ball. I've made a spacer for that, too.
It slides between the plastic and the ramp sidewall, then gets positioned right below the edge of the upper playfield.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

- I can make these for anyone out there that may need them. Just pm me, or tag me in a post.
I'll also reach out to Spooky to see if they want to use this remediation.

These are awesome - great work.

I actually had another stuck ball on that left shot today but even FURTHER back... makes me wonder if it was the back edge of the plastic sheet. But I wasn't going to go through all the hassle to remove the upper PF yet to see.

#3147 1 year ago

What game number has been delivered so far?

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Unfortunately wasn't that. It almost appears ball is hanging up on the trough switch but I bent it down slightly and still not making it up the ramp... if anyone on the board is a tech expert I took a couple videos (could DM/email a link??). Sent them to Spooky service but its the weekend and probably won't hear back until next week. Frustrating as I really wanted to play it this weekend.

I had the same issue with Halloween - slow motion vid showed the autoplunge prongs having a severe amount of play in them so it was launching the ball straight into the side of the lane. Checked the autoplunge mechansim underneath and it did have a lot of slop in it you could move the pinion bar left and right quite easily which would change the angle/trajectory of the prongs. I used a couple of washers so the mech wasn't so "loose" and it's been fine ever since. It did seem like a washer or a bushing might have been missing...

#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

So far so good with moving the upper part of the habitrail to the right. No balls falling off of it onto the braver meter. Great call on that!!! Thanks for the help!!

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

What game number has been delivered so far?

184 is arriving tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/63?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.