(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,655 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by MrMikeman
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,655 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 234.
#2801 1 year ago

The lighting effect at the beginning of space kook needs to be repeated everytime you rip the spinners in that mode.. It's such a cool effect, reminiscent to the uv effect in Stranger things.. Aso during modes, the mode music should intensify to help draw you into the immediacy of the situation.

Gonna be exciting to see this game get better and better.

I got an upvote fior whoever can guess the one thing missing from this picture.

20230314_101540 (resized).jpg20230314_101540 (resized).jpg

#2802 1 year ago
Quoted from F__U:

The lighting effect at the beginning of space kook needs to be repeated everytime you rip the spinners in that mode.. It's such a cool effect, reminiscent to the uv effect in Stranger things.. Aso during modes, the mode music should intensify to help draw you into the immediacy of the situation.
[quoted image]

Knife shooter rod on Halloween

#2803 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This is not a complaint, it's simply an observation from keeping up with the thread. I've noticed many people saying they had to adjust the shooter lane switch and auto plunger. I hope Spooky notices the same thing and makes the necessary adjustments

Definitely noted and I believe is corrected!

#2804 1 year ago

Six SD’s are going to be played a lot. How are Scooby’s holding up?

#2805 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

Knife shooter rod on Halloween

Nope it's there. Just bad lighting for pics, good for pinball.

And no, it's not the missing paint from the wall. Haha.

#2806 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Six SD’s are going to be played a lot. How are Scooby’s holding up?

I'm extremely proud of how they are holding up. Not a single mechanical issue or switch adjustment or anything. We have had to do 3 power cycles for code bugs total and 4 stuck balls which I already have noted to add protectors for.
With the volume of plays they are doing great and well above average for the games here.

#2807 1 year ago
Quoted from F__U:

[quoted image]

ACNC topper?

#2808 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'm extremely proud of how they are holding up. Not a single mechanical issue or switch adjustment or anything. We have had to do 3 power cycles for code bugs total and 4 stuck balls which I already have noted to add protectors for.
With the volume of plays they are doing great and well above average for the games here.

Would love to know total plays on the games at the end, just a curiosity thing.

On a side note Scooby-Doo mods is there a dedicated thread for them somewhere? What I have read about so far is below

Apron mod - backalley
Shannon mine cart - backalley
Gold City Mine Rock - backalley
Speaker panel slime - backalley
Coin door slime - backalley
Speaker panel magnet - wizard mod
Coin door magnet - wizard mod
Emblem (for LD bar action button) - wizard mod
3D start button - rocket city pinball
3D launch button - rocket city pinball
Lantern - sturlmods

Is there anything else?

#2809 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Would love to know total plays on the games at the end, just a curiosity thing.
On a side note Scooby-Doo mods is there a dedicated thread for them somewhere? What I have read about so far is below
Apron mod - backalley
Shannon mine cart - backalley
Gold City Mine Rock - backalley
Speaker panel slime - backalley
Coin door slime - backalley
Speaker panel magnet - wizard mod
Coin door magnet - wizard mod
Emblem (for LD bar action button) - wizard mod
3D start button - rocket city pinball
3D launch button - rocket city pinball
Lantern - sturlmods
Shooter lane protector - pindefender

Is there anything else?

#2810 1 year ago

god shipping sucks…game was shipped to Boston last Friday showed up after hours this Friday at the terminal a full week+later and can pick up monday, 4 days after the estimated date and will miss my birthday party.

#2811 1 year ago
Quoted from HepperSchepp:

god shipping sucks…game was shipped to Boston last Friday showed up after hours this Friday at the terminal a full week+later and can pick up monday, 4 days after the estimated date and will miss my birthday party.

What shipper?

#2812 1 year ago

Has back alley sold out of all the mods.
Were these only a limited run?

#2813 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Has back alley sold out of all the mods.
Were these only a limited run?

No just contact him directly for availability!

#2814 1 year ago

I did a bit of modding this morning.

Didn't like the spot light by the apron so made this out of stainless steel. Hidden and a more balanced light across the flippers and lower playfield. Uses factory spotlight connector, lightning effect is next level now.

Apronlight_Mini (resized).pngApronlight_Mini (resized).png

#2815 1 year ago

Mod #2

Added 1" wooden spacers to the playfield sliders. Now the playfield can fully extend with no risk to the opto/drop target boards on the left.

Spacer_Mini (resized).pngSpacer_Mini (resized).png
#2816 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No just contact him directly for availability!

They have Shannon available for purchase at TPF. The rest available for order like Luke noted.

IMG_20230325_171826537.jpgIMG_20230325_171826537.jpg
#2817 1 year ago

Love Scooby so far! Anyone else found that the drop save can stop the ball and drain if the ball doesn't hit it with some force.

Quoted from discosucks:

They have Shannon available for purchase at TPF. The rest available for order like Luke noted.
[quoted image]

Shaggy?

#2818 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Love Scooby so far! Anyone else found that the drop save can stop the ball and drain if the ball doesn't hit it with some force.

Shaggy?

Autocorrect got me again!

#2819 1 year ago
Quoted from discosucks:

Autocorrect got me again!

And you would of got away with it if it wasn't for those darn kids!

#2820 1 year ago

Spooky had some nice Scooby translites as well. They seem to be a little thicker than the normal material.

IMG_20230325_172043478.jpgIMG_20230325_172043478.jpg
#2821 1 year ago

If anyone is looking to get translate prints we have then available for every title we have ever done. Just send an email to [email protected] to request

#2822 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

If anyone is looking to get translate prints we have then available for every title we have ever done. Just send an email to [email protected] to request

It is always nice to see something in person to get a real good look at the product. Plus this way I was able to speak to the great Spooky team!

#2823 1 year ago

Love the art for Scooby but it would be great if Spooky linked up with Brian Allen at flylandesigns. I have a quite a few of his reimagined translites hanging up in my office.

#2824 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Mod #2
Added 1" wooden spacers to the playfield sliders. Now the playfield can fully extend with no risk to the opto/drop target boards on the left.
[quoted image]

Did you use 2 spacers or 4? I like the simple solution you used, and have a scooby coming...

#2825 1 year ago
Quoted from Govtmule:

Did you use 2 spacers or 4? I like the simple solution you used, and have a scooby coming...

Just the two mid playfield. Used #8 screws that were 2 1/4" in length. Does not appear to have any impact on the stability of the rails. Here is picture of the clearance at maximum extension.

20230325_165509 (resized).jpg20230325_165509 (resized).jpg
#2826 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Can those of us in the early run #s get these added protectors when implemented?

#2827 1 year ago

Anyone else thinking the translite could be made into a pretty decent 3D print? Someone has those skills!

#2828 1 year ago

I’m gonna have to skip the butter when my time comes. Scored one of those first 25 TZ toppers but convinced myself I can only do it if I skip the butter. It wasn’t tooooo hard since everyone here is raving about the decals too

#2829 1 year ago
Quoted from HepperSchepp:

Cross your fingers it doesn't arrive damaged. Last year I had a brand new machine delivered directly from Stern. Arrived by Estees trucking. No pallet, no straps and looked like it was dragged across a black soiled warehouse floor on all sides. Of course it was damaged and it was an LE, so no others available. Insurance claimed filed and 8 months later Stern finally sent out new cab calls. The trucking companies are a bunch of animals and basically suck!

#2830 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I’m gonna have to skip the butter when my time comes. Scored one of those first 25 TZ toppers but convinced myself I can only do it if I skip the butter. It wasn’t tooooo hard since everyone here is raving about the decals too

My buddy and I both got 1 also. By 2:02 EST, SOLD OUT. This hobby is nuts, but that topper is awesome.

#2831 1 year ago

If any of you scooby guys are interested, I collect old toys and have a very nice original shaggin wagon available. Opens and all complete with the lazer beam or radio tower mechanism. Pinside me if interested for pics and info.

#2832 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I did a bit of modding this morning.
Didn't like the spot light by the apron so made this out of stainless steel. Hidden and a more balanced light across the flippers and lower playfield. Uses factory spotlight connector, lightning effect is next level now.
[quoted image]

Looks fantastic…you could sell this as a kit!

#2833 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's like hair-dick... once you see, it's hard to unsee.

I love hair dick!

#2834 1 year ago

Ordered pin stadiums Neo Atom with UV. Will be here this coming Friday. Looking forward to see how they work. First time getting them.

#2835 1 year ago
Quoted from F__U:

[quoted image]

Ultraman?

#2837 1 year ago

This is so awesome to see.
You guys have really come a long way from just having a small booth with one pin in it.
Really great to see you guys blossom and grow as a company. Especially the fact that it happened organically on your own terms.
Keep up the awesome work.

#2838 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

This is so awesome to see.
You guys have really come a long way from just having a small booth with one pin in it.
Really great to see you guys blossom and grow as a company. Especially the fact that it happened organically on your own terms.
Keep up the awesome work.

Thank you I appreciate that. It has really been sinking in this weekend for us just how far we have come.

#2839 1 year ago

Winner winner chicken dinner...

#2840 1 year ago

Little over a week ago decided to check pinside for the first time in a few years hadnt played much pinball either but little kid is starting to like them and reminding me how fun and kick ass pinball is, really was checking prices was thinking of adding a star trek TNG to the line up then saw they had a scooby pinball being made immediately placed order direct through spooky havent even watch the videos might not for more of a suprise. Despite not playing much didnt sell a thing so this will be number 4 in line up cant wait. Number 1171!

Thanks Spooky a dream theme come to life!

#2841 1 year ago

One thing I noticed. . . .since I got Scooby, I noticed the apron sat kind of low, there was a big visible gap to the glass and you could see in there. While I understand that there are mechs that need to be accounted for, I still think parts of the apron could be lower while bringing other parts higher. I compare to R&M and H78, and it's a big difference, but I wrote it off untill I saw the backalley apron creation. At first, I thought it was great, and solved the problem. But after some thought, I began to wonder if this was the plan all along. I think back to stranger things and the UV mod which was designed to be part of the original game, but was released as a add-on , and came off as a "nickel and dime charge to me". I wonder if this was already planned as an automatic mod that that was designed into the game considering backalley's involvement with the design. I understand different approaches at marketing, etc, so I could see how this could be a thing. I still think the game is great, and have few issues (all of which were addressed by great customer service. Just wondering if I am reading too much into it.

20230326_221043 (resized).jpg20230326_221043 (resized).jpg20230326_221049 (resized).jpg20230326_221049 (resized).jpg20230326_221056 (resized).jpg20230326_221056 (resized).jpg
#2842 1 year ago

I think it's low to fit the ball dumping assemblies (purple walls) and the bat thing.

#2843 1 year ago

I think you’re overthinking this. Maybe there was a cost saving option that Spooky did to bring the cost down…I’m sure there was a lot of this. Bottom line, Spooky packed as much BOM in this pin and tried to keep the cost as low as possible…I’m convinced of that.

#2844 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

One thing I noticed. . . .since I got Scooby, I noticed the apron sat kind of low, there was a big visible gap to the glass and you could see in there. While I understand that there are mechs that need to be accounted for, I still think parts of the apron could be lower while bringing other parts higher. I compare to R&M and H78, and it's a big difference, but I wrote it off untill I saw the backalley apron creation. At first, I thought it was great, and solved the problem. But after some thought, I began to wonder if this was the plan all along. I think back to stranger things and the UV mod which was designed to be part of the original game, but was released as a add-on , and came off as a "nickel and dime charge to me". I wonder if this was already planned as an automatic mod that that was designed into the game considering backalley's involvement with the design. I understand different approaches at marketing, etc, so I could see how this could be a thing. I still think the game is great, and have few issues (all of which were addressed by great customer service. Just wondering if I am reading too much into it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It could be either, as you or the others say but it likely isn't coincidental that BAC had a 'mod' of this significance in the works. That said it looks great and to be honest, with all of the creative tools at our disposal, I see it as as an opportunity for me or others to do something on our own. Some people are always looking for extra space under the glass to add something.

#2845 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think you’re overthinking this. Maybe there was a cost saving option that Spooky did to bring the cost down…I’m sure there was a lot of this. Bottom line, Spooky packed as much BOM in this pin and tried to keep the cost as low as possible…I’m convinced of that.

Agreed this game is already loaded. These companies are also in the business of making money. They have to take care of their employees and families. The expectation can’t be that they sell us products at 0 margin. If this got the chop during design to be added and is available as an aftermarket add on I’m fine supporting them on that.

#2846 1 year ago

Oh yeah! It's almost Scooby-Doo time. Just got my email from Morgan. #159 is done and ready to ship!!!

#2847 1 year ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Nice surprise today.
Instead of hanging out at TPF we are in Baltimore (visiting daughter and in-laws)…
Daughter surprised us with a visit to Holy Fijoles- a downtown Baltimore bar with 20 pinball tables (and Mexican food!).
The pinball collection crosses several decades with many top titles. Just yesterday they received their Scooby Doo!
So I had to buy a bunch of plays…
SD is definitely beautiful. Shots need to be dialed in and the upper playfield can be a little tricky. Yes you can keep firing the ball up the middle to get to the upper playfield and the background music can be monotonous. However, the modes and shots are pretty cool and you get well rewarded for finishing a mode.
Ball speed was on the slower side and ball play tended to be a little long (but not outrageous by any means).
I did keep putting quarters in…
Summary: beautiful game that is a winner. Should do well on site from a theme standpoint. Home owners will enjoy. Look forward to playing more!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy Fijoles is not far from me, didn't know they had a Scooby, will have to check it out

#2848 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It's the business model of today, with DLC content for games that comes out rapidly after a release. As if features are held back only to be sold in addition. The new trend is subscription everything, can't own a license for pretty much anything anymore. Already see subscriptions with Stern....

#2849 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Agreed this game is already loaded. These companies are also in the business of making money. They have to take care of their employees and families. The expectation can’t be that they sell us products at 0 margin. If this got the chop during design to be added and is available as an aftermarket add on I’m fine supporting them on that.

100%.

There’s going to be design decisions made on what to keep vs drop to be able to sell the pin for a price that is profitable and still provides value. Right now I feel like Spooky is leading the industry in that metric. If the BA apron was in the mix originally I’m personally glad they dropped it vs. upping the price or getting rid of other sculpts etc…

#2850 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

100%.
There’s going to be design decisions made on what to keep vs drop to be able to sell the pin for a price that is profitable and still provides value. Right now I feel like Spooky is leading the industry in that metric. If the BA apron was in the mix originally I’m personally glad they dropped it vs. upping the price or getting rid of other sculpts etc…

I seriously doubt it was ever planned as someting to include because it covers up the instructions and pricing cards. The apron is lower to accomodate the mechs just like the apron on White Water is lower to accomodate the ramp return. The Back Alley team just found that to be a good oportunity to create a mod that fits there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

8,200 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 11,655 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.