(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 229.
#2701 1 year ago

Can we please remember this is supposed to be a family friendly site? We’ve gone way off track with purple dicks and the post above. I was kidding last night when I said we would have three pages of this stuff. I can’t imagine Spooky will want to come on here if this stuff keeps getting posted. Just sayin’

#2702 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Another option is to have an electrician install a Whole House surge suppressor in your main panel.
Protects the whole house, including stuff you can't unplug during a heavy thunderstorm.
RM[quoted image]

This is what I have and I still have individual surge protectors on each pin

#2703 1 year ago

Can those that have played Scooby comment on how it compares to other games?

Just trying to get a feel of the game before I get to play one. Wondering if it plays "similar" to anything else.

Some of our favorite games are MB, MM, POTC JJP, WCS 94, Whitewater, AFM, CC, STTNG, JP DE (have not played the new one)

TIA

#2704 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

4 pins per, Zero issues. Each line r is on its own breaker so 4 pins per breaker as well. During tournaments i have had all 4 games being played at the same time without issue.

I have eight pins on one 20 amp plug and no issues. I start up all 13 at the same time. They are connected to three total circuits.

#2705 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Pinball games sip power once they are booted up, the strain to your electrical circuits is during boot time. Like most computers and appliances Pinball tables will draw several AMPS upon boot for up to 30 seconds. So, what is important in this situation is staggering them as you turn them on. I have a separate smart plug for each game in my house and I either just boot up the one I want to play or have a little "sequence" I can run in my smart home app that will boot them all up with one minute delay.

Is it not safe to turn 8 on at the same time on a 20 amp? My electrician didn’t tell me not to when he installed the plugs and he knew exactly what was getting connected.

#2706 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Just trying to get a feel of the game before I get to play one. Wondering if it plays "similar" to anything else.
Some of our favorite games are MB, MM, POTC JJP, WCS 94, Whitewater, AFM, CC, STTNG, JP DE (have not played the new one)
TIA

Scooby plays unique. The bottom is a fast fan layout with the four u -turn shots. The upper playfield takes some finesse to hit the wide shots…almost like an EM. The cutler center shot on the upper playfield is fast and fun to bash.

I’m enjoying the novelty. IMO the modes are unique, relevant to the theme, and varying to each other…while many other pins the different ‘modes’ often seem similar to me.

Usually I agree with general Pinside opinions…on this one, I really don’t understand why Scooby isn’t getting more love.

#2707 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

With the stop and go it has, feels like stern POTC to me.

#2708 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Is it not safe to turn 8 on at the same time on a 20 amp? My electrician didn’t tell me not too when he installed the plugs and he knew exactly what was getting connected.

Sounds like you had you home circuit breaker updated to do 20 amps per plug, typically it is 15 and so 3 machines max per outlet (to be booted simultaneously). With 20 amp you should be save with up to FOUR machines. BUT, I am not an electrician, I just don't want to pop a circuit because I needed to boot them all at once.

#2709 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

With the stop and go it has, feels like stern POTC to me.

Too many scoop stops?

Within the modes, there’s not much stop/go. I’m comparing to my modern sterns: AIQ, SW, JB…is there really more stop and go than those? Not sure I’m seeing it.

#2710 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Sounds like you had you home circuit breaker updated to do 20 amps per plug, typically it is 15 and so 3 machines max per outlet (to be booted simultaneously). With 20 amp you should be save with up to FOUR machines. BUT, I am not an electrician, I just don't want to pop a circuit because I needed to boot them all at once.

Well I’m glad I read this I do have 20 Amp circuits on all the plugs in my game room, but I didn’t realize it was bad to start them all at once as long as you didn’t trip the circuit. My friend is also telling me right now this is bad lol so I’ll change it. Another good tip from Pinside.

#2711 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Too many scoop stops?

And trips up top are either empty trios where you want to go right back up (tortuga), or when you’re up there, you’re there for a while.

And the horseshoes are long, so not as fast as typical horseshoes. TSPP has similar properties of stop and go like scooby too.

#2712 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And trips up top are either empty trios where you want to go right back up (tortuga), or when you’re up there, you’re there for a while.

Agree with the comment about upper playfield. Plays like a different game. I actually like that.

…and I’ll say that I have utmost respect for chuckwurts posts in these forums. Always classy/respectful. Much more experienced than me.

#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Too many scoop stops?
Within the modes, there’s not much stop/go. I’m comparing to my modern sterns: AIQ, SW, JB…is there really more stop and go than those? Not sure I’m seeing it.

I didn’t mention those games. Only POTC and now TSPP

#2714 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I didn’t mention those games. Only POTC and now TSPP

…I was just citing them as frame of my own reference. Lotsa pins are stop and go with mode starts.

I understand now you’re talking more than that going up and down upper playfield. I get it. You’re not wrong.

#2715 1 year ago

Also has the same drops area as itchy and scratchy and also the bus is like the heart chest. Can be a while to get the ball back there.

#2716 1 year ago

Is it safe to assume we wont be getting any shipping notices this week because of TPF? I was hoping for tracking on #162 by now.

#2717 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Is it safe to assume we wont be getting any shipping notices this week because of TPF? I was hoping for tracking on #162 by now.

Production was probably not impacted by TPF but they are also on a 4 Day week so if you don't have it by now you'll probably not see it until next week or later.

#2718 1 year ago

I think many of the Spooky crew will be in tomorrow. Probably Saturday and Sunday too.

#2719 1 year ago

Yes upper playfield has different feel than the speed of the lower playfield … also the left flipper feels different than the right… could be more mental than physical… also I have not tried upping power on bookcase one because I like it.

It’s a lot of fun

#2720 1 year ago

Anybody else have their drop target board resting up against the left VUK? Seems like a great way to have something short out.

20230317_101709 (resized).jpg20230317_101709 (resized).jpg
#2721 1 year ago

Upvote cause I love a good coke mention

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

is Scooby Dooing 2 lines of coke before feigning outrage? Evidence from pic below does not lie. A mystery has been solved here today, folks.
[quoted image]

#2722 1 year ago
4BCA166E-7EE6-488E-9013-4DCBD74B7A29.gif4BCA166E-7EE6-488E-9013-4DCBD74B7A29.gif
#2723 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Scooby Doo #152 shipping today!

Damn. /me anxiously hits refresh over and over (#159)

#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Anybody else have their drop target board resting up against the left VUK? Seems like a great way to have something short out. [quoted image]

Contact support. There is a protector there. Maybe check around your cabinet for a loose black peice of plastic. In the mean time I'd add some electrical tape.

#2725 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Upvote cause I love a good coke mention

DEAA93F6-DB12-4476-9CD7-2F5929BEE75D (resized).jpegDEAA93F6-DB12-4476-9CD7-2F5929BEE75D (resized).jpeg
#2726 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Contact support. There is a protector there. Maybe check around your cabinet for a loose black peice of plastic. In the mean time I'd add some electrical tape.

I don't see anything in the cabinet. I sent an email Monday morning with pictures never heard back... I will send another email.

#2727 1 year ago

I can finally post! Thanks spooky_dj for the vouch! #194 here, slowly getting the bill paid off. Went for BUTTER! This will be my first pin, can't wait to share with my brother in law. We're both scoob fans but he's definitively been a fan longer than me but I can't wait to play

#2728 1 year ago

Hey guys, apologies if this has already been covered. I'm a first time Spooky buyer, but have bought several NIB machines.

Are any other owners experiencing multiball issues? So far, I've often ended up with an extra ball or 2 that the game hasn't kept tracked of. Sometimes 1 sits in the trough, but in 10 games (I played each character once, then a 5 player game by myself), I got this to happen quite a lot.

Balls 2 and 3 of my 5 player game were all screwed up because of extra balls. When you drain 1 the ball is over. I could drain a ball, end the player's turn, launch another ball in trough while the next player started, and get 2 balls again. When I got to 3 balls (2 extra), I purposefully drained them and still ended up with 2.

I'll go poking around inside it tomorrow, but it seemed like a software issue. Can anyone else chime in on that?

#2729 1 year ago
Quoted from cowbells:

Hey guys, apologies if this has already been covered. I'm a first time Spooky buyer, but have bought several NIB machines.
Are any other owners experiencing multiball issues? So far, I've often ended up with an extra ball or 2 that the game hasn't kept tracked of. Sometimes 1 sits in the trough, but in 10 games (I played each character once, then a 5 player game by myself), I got this to happen quite a lot.
Balls 2 and 3 of my 5 player game were all screwed up because of extra balls. When you drain 1 the ball is over. I could drain a ball, end the player's turn, launch another ball in trough while the next player started, and get 2 balls again. When I got to 3 balls (2 extra), I purposefully drained them and still ended up with 2.
I'll go poking around inside it tomorrow, but it seemed like a software issue. Can anyone else chime in on that?

In two weeks of play, we’ve had the ‘mistake mb’ happen twice. I suspect that it is a hardware issue that then is not handled well with software. In my opinion, they first gotta figure out why an extra ball occasionally gets into play when it shouldn’t. Then they should rethink the code in case an extra ball does somehow still get loose into play.

I’ll say that the league I played in has an IMdn premium that occasionally lets one of the locked balls escape into play when it shouldn’t, thus giving a mistake 2ball mb. When the first ball drains, your ball is over (and the second will drain too)…same as Scooby.

#2730 1 year ago

Come on Scooby Doo owners, come over and vote up your fab machine by clicking on the link below and voting. Vote however you wish.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/

#2731 1 year ago
Quoted from cowbells:

Yes, unfortunately this is a known issue which seems to be affecting a number of SD owners, myself included. I'm currently working with Spooky Luke to try to get mine figured out. Mine seems to be a problem with one of the MM optos.

#2732 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well I’m glad I read this I do have 20 Amp circuits on all the plugs in my game room, but I didn’t realize it was bad to start them all at once as long as you didn’t trip the circuit. My friend is also telling me right now this is bad lol so I’ll change it. Another good tip from Pinside.

you guys are talking about "inrush" ( i am not an electrician either but i will ask my electrician next time i see him about this) inrush usually only applies to items with compressors or motors ( fridge,freezer,waterpumps) pins on the high side draw 2.4 amps, using the 80% rule you could run 6.6 pins on one 20amp service. i have 4 machines i run off a 20amp service that is on a relay contactor that all come on with a wall switch. my shop is set up the same way but 4 20amp services for 6 pins each.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-amps-does-a-pinball-use

posted from Vid1900 "HOW MANY GAMES ON A SINGLE CIRCUIT BREAKER?

===========================================

By now you have probably heard that commercial arcades put 6 pinball machines on each 20A circuit.

How did they come up with that formula?

The National Electric Code wants circuit breakers to see 80% of their rated load. So for a 20A breaker, the ideal number is 16 amps.

Most pinball machines draw about 1.6 to 2 amps peak.

Some pinball machines with a ton of lamps may even draw 2.4 amps.

If you take any random 6 pinball machines at an arcade and measure their amperage draw at the breaker panel, you see that each breaker is seeing ~13 amps. Well under our 16 amp goal.

In your home, where you don't have to worry about employees moving games around and messing up your breaker loads, if you measured a 13 amp draw on a circuit, you could safely add one additional game and still be under your 16 amp target."

#2733 1 year ago

Are there freight company choices for shipping from Spooky? I work for a supply company and FedEx is the absolute worst for deliveries being damaged. 95% of damaged goods are from FedEx. I don’t mind paying more for the shipping to avoid them delivering my SD

#2734 1 year ago

TPF today. Doo Time!

#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It's really not and that's a bit of an overreaction. I have a system that monitors my usage down to the second and down to the watt and I can assure you turning on all 12 of my machines at once (smart plugs with Alexa) has no impact on my houses electrical system. These aren't compressors that need an "inrush" as noted in post #2732. I have three different 20 amp circuits that I run my machines off of, one has 5, one has 4, and one has 3 (completely coincidence).

#2736 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Are there freight company choices for shipping from Spooky? I work for a supply company and FedEx is the absolute worst for deliveries being damaged. 95% of damaged goods are from FedEx. I don’t mind paying more for the shipping to avoid them delivering my SD

Not that I am aware of, I am guessing it just comes down to who services the delivery area. I'm guessing you may be looking at R+L Carriers? That is who brought my Rick and Morty and how Scooby is coming as well.

#2737 1 year ago

After an initial rough start, I'm happy to say we are enjoying our #98 scooby. Games got a long road to being finished. But we're in it for the long haul and expecting to enjoy the ride.
Edit: we have the legs jacked all the way up in the back and all the way down in front. Plays great like this imo.

Quoted from cowbells:

Also, make sure the correct amount of balls installed. Mine came with an extra hidden one.

#2738 1 year ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Not that I am aware of, I am guessing it just comes down to who services the delivery area. I'm guessing you may be looking at R+L Carriers? That is who brought my Rick and Morty and how Scooby is coming as well.

R & L here as well. Just north of Toledo. No complaints. They delivered our Halloween and we’re able to advise as they were getting closer from what I remember.

#2739 1 year ago

I've found the exact opposite. R&L destroyed my Scooby and had to reject the delivery, then proceeded to take almost 2 weeks to get it back to Spooky, still waiting a month later to get my game. I have had ok luck with them in the past but plenty of quite questionable holes in boxes and damage to the point I had to unbox and inspect things in my driveway. Delivery people were complete a-holes about it too, as I inconvenienced their lives.
FedEx while I've had less deliveries from them, not a scratch on the boxes and way more courteous delivery people.

#2740 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I've found the exact opposite. R&L destroyed my Scooby and had to reject the delivery, then proceeded to take almost 2 weeks to get it back to Spooky, still waiting a month later to get my game. I have had ok luck with them in the past but plenty of quite questionable holes in boxes and damage to the point I had to unbox and inspect things in my driveway. Delivery people were complete a-holes about it too, as I inconvenienced their lives.
FedEx while I've had less deliveries from them, not a scratch on the boxes and way more courteous delivery people.

Good to know. Will make certain we are home when it is delivered! That’s pretty troubling

#2741 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

you guys are talking about "inrush" ( i am not an electrician either but i will ask my electrician next time i see him about this) inrush usually only applies to items with compressors or motors ( fridge,freezer,waterpumps) pins on the high side draw 2.4 amps, using the 80% rule you could run 6.6 pins on one 20amp service. i have 4 machines i run off a 20amp service that is on a relay contactor that all come on with a wall switch. my shop is set up the same way but 4 20amp services for 6 pins each.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-amps-does-a-pinball-use
posted from Vid1900 "HOW MANY GAMES ON A SINGLE CIRCUIT BREAKER?
===========================================
By now you have probably heard that commercial arcades put 6 pinball machines on each 20A circuit.
How did they come up with that formula?
The National Electric Code wants circuit breakers to see 80% of their rated load. So for a 20A breaker, the ideal number is 16 amps.
Most pinball machines draw about 1.6 to 2 amps peak.
Some pinball machines with a ton of lamps may even draw 2.4 amps.
If you take any random 6 pinball machines at an arcade and measure their amperage draw at the breaker panel, you see that each breaker is seeing ~13 amps. Well under our 16 amp goal.
In your home, where you don't have to worry about employees moving games around and messing up your breaker loads, if you measured a 13 amp draw on a circuit, you could safely add one additional game and still be under your 16 amp target."

Or you could not overthink it: hook up 9 pins, a shuffle bowler, three arcades…have parties where they’re all played at once…and never have a problem. FWIW…they all do have LEDs instead of incandescents.

…sometimes, just for the hell of it, Ill also turn on the fire sprinklers.

#2742 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It probably really boils down to what persons handle your package. You’ll either get nincompoop or the one with some common sense that handles your package with care. Hopefully the latter.

Begin the onslaught of package jokes

#2743 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Yes, unfortunately this is a known issue which seems to be affecting a number of SD owners, myself included. I'm currently working with Spooky Luke to try to get mine figured out. Mine seems to be a problem with one of the MM optos.

Ok yeah, I figured I'd start with the trough and Mystery Machine. Check them ball handlers first.

I'll see if any optos or switches are acting funny in test and play some glass off games to try to isolate exactly when it happens.

Quoted from curban:

In two weeks of play, we’ve had the ‘mistake mb’ happen twice. I suspect that it is a hardware issue that then is not handled well with software.

Is this on location or at home? Do you consider this a challenging game? Just curious how often you're starting multiball and blowing it up.

#2744 1 year ago

You mean they aren't all being delivered in the Mystery Machine now?

#2745 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

You mean they aren't all being delivered in the Mystery Machine now?

Wouldn’t that be cool! All my neighbors would be staring. I already get enough attention, moving Pinball in and out all the time.

#2746 1 year ago

Wouldn’t that be cool! All my neighbors would be staring. I already get enough attention, moving Pinball in and out all the time.

It would be a cool P.R. move if they did it at one or two local locations where they could have a big party.

#2747 1 year ago
Quoted from cowbells:

Ok yeah, I figured I'd start with the trough and Mystery Machine. Check them ball handlers first.
I'll see if any optos or switches are acting funny in test and play some glass off games to try to isolate exactly when it happens.

Is this on location or at home? Do you consider this a challenging game? Just curious how often you're starting multiball and blowing it up.

Personal game. Probably between 60-100 plays right now.

I find it appropriately challenging. We probably start 2-3 villain modes a game. Maybe we complete 1 or 2 of them. I think the actual MBs (mystery machine and captain cutler) are fairly easy to start. If you’re specifically going for MB you should be able to get them almost every game. … but I wouldn’t say the MBs last forever. Because the main (lower) playfield is fast, balls seem to drain pretty quickly…I’d compare the MB drains similarly to stern GOT or SW.

The post you quoted was about a mistake MB, where the game incorrectly lets a locked ball back out onto the playfield prematurely and the game loses track of how many balls are in play. That’s only happened once to me and once to my wife…irritating when it does happen; they need to figure out a fix for it.

#2748 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Or you could not overthink it: hook up 9 pins, a shuffle bowler, three arcades…have parties where they’re all played at once…and never have a problem. FWIW…they all do have LEDs instead of incandescents.
…sometimes, just for the hell of it, Ill also turn on the fire sprinklers.

well good for you, the post was about inrush and pins don't have inrush.

#2749 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

well good for you, the post was about inrush and pins don't have inrush.

Sorry. I was just goofing on my own nonchalance and evident good fortune.

The technology posts are good; they help to broaden understanding.

I know I struggled with trying to learn and be smart about #pins and circuit breaker amps…then I realized the recommendations and science weren’t going to stop me from trying to hook up ‘just one more’.

…and as far as inrush…I also figured that I’d just see what works. I’m an engineer, not a scientist.

#2750 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Sorry. I was just goofing on my own nonchalance and evident good fortune.
The technology posts are good; they help to broaden understanding.
I know I struggled with trying to learn and be smart about #pins and circuit breaker amps…then I realized the recommendations and science weren’t going to stop me from trying to hook up ‘just one more’.
…and as far as inrush…I also figured that I’d just see what works. I’m an engineer, not a scientist.

its all good, the thing about social media boards, is the lack of facial expression, and interaction and everything can come off as negative, even if it wasnt meant to be. i installed a commercial coffee machine in my house, and i didnt do my homework on the wiring gauge and and had a small fire in the panel when i flicked the breaker and turned the bunn brewer on. lesson learned i, have a friend who is a master electrician give me a mat list and check my work over prior to adding juice. in the case of the coffee maker insurance denied the claim outright just based off i had installed a commercial machine in a residential setting, they didnt go past that point to inspect my stupidity.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 300.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Plastics
NinjaCamp Mods
Plastics
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods
Shooter rods
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
There are 11,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 229.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/55?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.