(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,623 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 233.
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I loaded up the mystery machine this morning! Texas bound tonight
[quoted image]

Sweet! Safe travels, that's a long haul pulling that rig!

#2602 1 year ago

I'm curious if the scoring could be adjusted in the code. I know a lot of the reward in playing comes from achieving big scores. My buddy loves Godzilla because it "throws points at you".

My 5 year old loves the newer Sterns like Mando and JP and Godzilla. He hits scores of 100 million + and he gets so much joy out of seeing such big numbers. I'm sure the inner kid in us feels that same feeling. I know I like that rewarding feeling.

So when Scooby arrives and he's only hitting 1 or 2 million I know he's going to feel defeated and bummed. I think he'll lose the desire to keep playing quickly and want to jump back to the other tables.

I'm curious why Spooky isn't going the same route to give big scores and reward players with that feeling of a big score. I'm concerned the average player will lose interest like my son simply because they don't get that big game thrill.

Will people want to keep coming back and diving deeper into the game when their score makes it seem like they're not doing as well as other tables?

#2603 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:I loaded up the mystery machine this morning! Texas bound tonight
[quoted image]

That is pretty cool. Did you build that?

#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

I'm curious if the scoring could be adjusted in the code. I know a lot of the reward in playing comes from achieving big scores. My buddy loves Godzilla because it "throws points at you".
My 5 year old loves the newer Sterns like Mando and JP and Godzilla. He hits scores of 100 million + and he gets so much joy out of seeing such big numbers. I'm sure the inner kid in us feels that same feeling. I know I like that rewarding feeling.
So when Scooby arrives and he's only hitting 1 or 2 million I know he's going to feel defeated and bummed. I think he'll lose the desire to keep playing quickly and want to jump back to the other tables.
I'm curious why Spooky isn't going the same route to give big scores and reward players with that feeling of a big score. I'm concerned the average player will lose interest like my son simply because they don't get that big game thrill.
Will people want to keep coming back and diving deeper into the game when their score makes it seem like they're not doing as well as other tables?

You should try to explain that different games have different ranges of scoring and that it's all relative. You may try to explain the evolution of scoring in pinball (6 digit displays or even less on EMs up to modern times), ff you don't want to / it doesn't sink in then definitely don't put him on WOZ or Houdini, he'll give up pinball forever!!

#2605 1 year ago
Quoted from Svenop:

As many games have Adult mode, Perhaps they should have a kid's mode that adds 2 zeroes on the end of scores.

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Was just curious. I’ve seen people get upset on here for saying “he” assuming the one spoken of was male.

who cares. The word “person” is still good

#2607 1 year ago
Quoted from Morinack:

As many games have Adult mode, Perhaps they should have a kid's mode that adds 2 zeroes on the end of scores.

I would love this for him and novice friends. The kid mode add X amount of zeros is an interesting idea!

#2608 1 year ago

I do also tend to prefer higher scoring games. I'm not quite sure why. In this case it really came down to text sizing. With the game being a 5-player game that means less space for each player. While the text is adaptive in scaling we were a little worried that it might be harder for some players to read if we added too many zeros to the end of it.

#2609 1 year ago

Also seems that 2/3 of the scoring modes aren't even in the game yet, figure once those are in, people should be posting 10M+ scores regularly, with 100M being achievable with wizard modes...

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I do also tend to prefer higher scoring games. I'm not quite sure why. In this case it really came down to text sizing. With the game being a 5-player game that means less space for each player. While the text is adaptive in scaling we were a little worried that it might be harder for some players to read if we added too many zeros to the end of it.

I saw somewhere that a player had a negative score. How is that possible?

Also, will the end of ball bonus bug where it gets added to the wrong player be fixed next update?

#2611 1 year ago

Can someone please make a mod that covers up the 2 purple cocks?

That is literally the worst plastic design I've ever seen.

Seriously you will have a purchase from me.

#2612 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I like purple cocks.

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I saw somewhere that a player had a negative score. How is that possible?
Also, will the end of ball bonus bug where it gets added to the wrong player be fixed next update?

spooky_dj might have to chime in more, but I can't think of a way a player could end up with a negative score. Struggling to escape The Creeper does lower your score, but it's more of a joke amount. When you escape or when you shoot any shot that would be worth X10 more. Yes, the end of ball bonus tally while skipping in multiplayer games has been fixed and will be in the next update.

#2614 1 year ago

Well that escalated quickly

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like purple cocks.

#2615 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

spooky_dj might have to chime in more, but I can't think of a way a player could end up with a negative score. Struggling to escape The Creeper does lower your score, but it's more of a joke amount. When you escape or when you shoot any shot that would be worth X10 more. Yes, the end of ball bonus tally while skipping in multiplayer games has been fixed and will be in the next update.

Sweet! Thanks. I don’t know how the negative score happened, just saw a screen shot.

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Well that escalated quickly

Have to love a bit of shock humor

#2617 1 year ago

Can anyone explain something to me?

I am "shopping" around for a Scooby CE. I see several in the marketplace here and they are all for less than than the $2000 deposit that would be required if ordering from Spooky. Many are saying they will cover the $300 transfer fee from a certain distributor.

My question is why would you be willing to lose $700 on a preorder spot instead of taking delivery and selling as NIB for what it costs?

I guess losing $700 now isn't as bad as $2000 (i.e. nonrefundable deposit) but I would think selling after receiving would net you more money.

Then again what do I know.

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I am "shopping" around for a Scooby CE. I see several in the marketplace here and they are all for less than than the $2000 deposit that would be required if ordering from Spooky. Many are saying they will cover the $300 transfer fee from a certain distributor.
My question is why would you be willing to lose $700 on a preorder spot instead of taking delivery and selling as NIB for what it costs?
I guess losing $700 now isn't as bad as $2000 (i.e. nonrefundable deposit) but I would think selling after receiving would net you more money.

guessing alot of those people are further down the list and found one of the games they can get now more enticing.

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Decided to buy something else and don't have the cash/space to go through with the Scooby, or never actually planned on taking delivery and were hoping to flip the spot for profit and are now just cutting losses. Probably other reasons.

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Because they couldn’t help themselves when ordering before they played it and now want out and don’t care to lose money. Seems silly to me, but so does buying something they weren’t sure they wanted. Haha. Their loss, your gain as they say.

#2621 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because they couldn’t help themselves when ordering before they played it and now want out and don’t care to lose money. Seems silly to me, but so does buying something they weren’t sure they wanted. Haha. Their loss, your gain as they say.

5BFE9BD2-0F84-4EC0-9752-EC2ADFB84226.gif5BFE9BD2-0F84-4EC0-9752-EC2ADFB84226.gif
#2623 1 year ago

LOL

2E0602EC-6356-4DED-BD77-585013B770F7.gif2E0602EC-6356-4DED-BD77-585013B770F7.gif
#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Im selling spot #907, which isnt due until October, because I bought spot #162 from a fellow pinsider and i should have my game in a week or two instead. Never planned on flipping or making a buck im just impatient. Im just really hyped for this game. We didn’t know our numbers on day one and I ordered pretty early. When i got my number and saw i was 6+ months out i was bummed. Im not looking at my preorder spot as a lose but more of a i paid a bit extra to get my game early. If my preorder spot never sells ill pay the invoice and go the selling nib route.

#2625 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Im selling spot #907, which isnt due until October, because I bought spot #162 from a fellow pinsider and i should have my game in a week or two instead. Never planned on flipping or making a buck im just impatient. Im just really hyped for this game. We didn’t know our numbers on day one and I ordered pretty early. When i got my number and saw i was 6+ months out i was bummed. Im not looking at my preorder spot as a lose but more of a i paid a bit extra to get my game early. If my preorder spot never sells ill pay the invoice and go the selling nib route.

Understood and makes sense. Thx

#2626 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Understood and makes sense. Thx

I cant speak for every preorder spot thats up for sale but figured I would offer a different perspective than the people think this games sucks and are bailing on their preorders…

#2627 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Your entitled to your opinion and glad I am living rent free in your head. GTF is way over priced and the roll out for it is bad. Sad you think I am hateful for having an opinion that is different from yours.
And so posting problems with my Scooby is hateful of negative? I forgot this is supposed to be only positive post with unicorns and candy.
I NEVER SAID SPOOKY IS HORRIBLE OR BAD IN THIS THREAD. So don’t lie about me. You don’t know me and how dare you say I am a hateful person. Feel free to meet me anytime if your in Arizona. I am not a hateful man and you would see that.
My wife and kids will disagree with you and my wife would definitely go off on you for even saying such a thing. German red head who doesn’t take crap. I love the self certified psychologist on here. Looking me up you really are showing stalker tendencies by the way. Obsessed with me a bit there?
Feel free to ignore me and down vote me son. I honestly don’t care what you think or anyone else.Your a sad individual. God forbid if I go against fanboys opinions. Cheers!

Forget down voting you, Mods should kick you out of the thread entirely at this point. You could use a ban.

#2628 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Forget down voting you, Mods should kick you out of the thread entirely at this point. You could use a ban.

Dude, stop beating the dead horse yourself...

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I cant speak for every preorder spot thats up for sale but figured I would offer a different perspective than the people think this games sucks and are bailing on their preorders…

or read 15 pages of how the game needed "perceived" problems fixed or a couple screws tightened down and got cold feet. Not like Stern sent out a game without a scoop protector and have hundreds of games damaged to the point of replacing playfields until they engineered a "block 'o steel" that completely change out a scoop feed. Nope that never happened.

#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Dude, stop beating the dead horse yourself...

Normally I don’t but I’m really sick of this crap and Mods should do something it is absurd at this point this guy is a joke and ruining the entire thread. I’m not the only one making comments. I’ve said my peace I’ll leave it to the Mods at this point.

#2631 1 year ago

Can we just keep it about Scooby pinball.

#2632 1 year ago

Do we need the “beating a dead horse” GIF again?

Scooby doobie dooooooooo

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

I hear ya. And yes I have heard/seen how many feel the game is bad.

Hoping to find one I can get to and play when I have more time in my schedule (there is one several hours away but I cannot spare that much time at the moment).

On a side note has any owner added the Back Alley mods yet (yes I know the apron is a preorder) if so how do you like them?

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I hear ya. And yes I have heard/seen how many feel the game is bad.
Hoping to find one I can get to and play when I have more time in my schedule (there is one several hours away but I cannot spare that much time at the moment).
On a side note has any owner added the Back Alley mods yet (yes I know the apron is a preorder) if so how do you like them?

There’s plenty left and lots of preorder spots to buy at a discount. Just get some good time on it and see if you like it or not.

#2635 1 year ago

Do we need the “beating a dead horse” GIF again?
Scooby doobie dooooooooo

Find a "beating a dead horse with a purple cock" gif, and I'll be impressed

#2636 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Find a "beating a dead horse with a purple cock" gif, and I'll be impressed

Oh my…… let’s see

#2637 1 year ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I thought it wouldn’t bother me so much when I saw and played in person, but it still bothers me. If it doesn’t affect the way the ball drops onto the playfield I’m thinking I’ll give them a circumcision…cut it flush to the same angle as the plastic/flipper below it. I will of course remove them from the machine before I cut them. If doing so affects how the ball enters the playfield then I guess I’ll have to live with it. I know this will mess up the look of the decals on those plastics but it’s a small price to pay. Maybe it wouldn’t even bother me so much if the female faces on the playfield weren’t looking right at them with their mouths agape. I’m all for some hidden adult humor in a game, and maybe this was 100% unintentional…but any person aged puberty and older is likely going to see penii when they look at those plastics. I certainly will, and probably say to myself “man, that dude should see a doctor…it ain’t supposed to be purple”.

#2638 1 year ago

Oh my…… let’s see

Challenged. Haha. You can do it TiltBob!!

#2639 1 year ago

Anybody seeing a cock…that’s their problem.
If they want a mod…that’s ok…but not Spooky's
problem. If this is what we have to complain about…Scooby’s a home run.

#2640 1 year ago

It's like hair-dick... once you see, it's hard to unsee. That said, simply altering the purple stone artwork to remove the foreskin-ish looking line would help a lot.

#2641 1 year ago

I just received my tracking info for #137 from Nitro

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Anybody seeing a cock…that’s their problem.
If they want a mod…that’s ok…but not Spooky's
problem. If this is what we have to complain about…Scooby’s a home run.

Didn’t think he was serious. Maybe he was. Certainly doesn’t need to be changed. Find the whole cock thing sort of humorous and definitely not intentional. Can’t imagine that being done intentionally. Having reread that post now I’m not certain if it was in jest…

#2643 1 year ago

Just a couple of rock formations, I suppose.

902C72FC-14ED-4486-9E60-8CB5ED81B83E (resized).jpeg902C72FC-14ED-4486-9E60-8CB5ED81B83E (resized).jpeg
#2644 1 year ago

I can GUARANTEE ya this. DEFINITELY DO NOT Google images for "purple cock". I just did.....

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I can GUARANTEE ya this. DEFINITELY DO NOT Google images for "purple cock". I just did.....

Well at least now we are on to great topics. Start three pages of the cock-a-thon.

#2646 1 year ago

Anyone that didn’t have that image pop in their head (like me) until it was suggested is going to have a hard time not thinking it now though. Oh well. The locks are a cool idea so I’ll be keeping them as is. Glad they aren’t hairy. Spooky leave them as is.

#2648 1 year ago

A link to a quick video of our Scooby Apron Mod...just wanted to add this to all of the pics we have been showing

#2649 1 year ago

Yes, this helps clear that image from my head. Much obliged.

#2650 1 year ago

that picture is a bit much for a pinball forum... gone in 3, 2, 1 haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 26.50
There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/53?hl=thebeefsupreme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.