(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,277 posts
  • 630 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by kcZ
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240310_010425486 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240311_011159305 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_010843099 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240310_181916858 (resized).jpg
shipwreck-graveyard (resized).jpg
photo of mod (resized).jpg
pasted_image1 (resized).png
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240313_020950394.MP (resized).jpg
underside (resized).jpg
rampmod (resized).jpg
20240316_153336 (resized).jpg
IMG_8820 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8821 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5429 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5437 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,277 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 226.
#2451 12 months ago

That could be pretty cool during a Captain Cutler mb mode!

#2452 12 months ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

That could be pretty cool during a Captain Cutler mb mode!

I should note I think the production cutler are made out of a different material that is stronger but way less UV reactive than the one in my prototype photo.

#2453 12 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is the game under UV light. Notice even the flipper rubbers glow pink!
[quoted image]

That’s awesome. Does pinstadium allow you to activate the UV lights during certain times, or does it stay on all the time? Sorry never used them before. If on all the time might be hard on my eyes and my wife’s.

#2454 12 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s awesome. Does pinstadium allow you to activate the UV lights during certain times, or does it stay on all the time? Sorry never used them before. If on all the time might be hard on my eyes and my wife’s.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with how they function. I just have a general idea of what they are.

#2455 12 months ago

Game is so pretty and colorful I don’t think I’d want UV on all the time but something like the UV pin stadiums might be fun. This game doesn’t really need stadiums though. Might be something fun for the modders to tinker with.

#2456 12 months ago

I love me some UV reactive art! And that’s what Scooby is…and awesome piece of kick-ass playing art!!

#2457 12 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I'd be willing to bet yes!

Hmmm. . . .I happen to have a set of pinstadiums with uv flashers on another machine. . Maybe I'll find the time to swap it out and see how it looks. ..

#2458 12 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I happen to have a set of pinstadiums with uv flashers on another machine.

Unless it’s the stranger things kit, it’s not real UV.

#2459 12 months ago

You can have them trigger off existing signals such as shaker

#2460 12 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

You can have them trigger off existing signals such as shaker

Oh cool. Thank you!! Appreciate the feedback.

#2461 12 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This is the game under UV light. Notice even the flipper rubbers glow pink!
[quoted image]

That absolutely screams Zoinks!!

#2462 12 months ago

Just filled my game room with UV lights 3 weeks ago!! Oh YEEAAHH

D4200BB7-C513-4E4A-8221-E4ADB115D033.gifD4200BB7-C513-4E4A-8221-E4ADB115D033.gif
#2463 12 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Just filled my game room with UV lights 3 weeks ago!! Oh YEEAAHH
[quoted image]

The moneyshot is alive!

#2464 12 months ago

Basic Pinstadiums have 2 sections, general illumination, and flasher. The GI is pretty self explanatory. The UV effect is connected to a flasher of your choosing. When the flasher goes off, so does the UV. Depending on where you connect it, you can get different effects.

#2465 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn, you are right. . . .I just checked. . . That's disappointing considering they advertise them as uv. .

#2466 12 months ago

Yep, it does look great under UV lighting

20230320_183814 (resized).jpg20230320_183814 (resized).jpg
#2467 12 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Damn, you are right. . . .I just checked. . . That's disappointing considering they advertise them as uv. .

Looks like the pinstadiums hit part of the spectrum. They will make the plastics glow on Scooby, but won't show the uv artwork on stranger things

#2468 12 months ago

So, looks like Scooby is a hit! We will see if the 100 is really the 100, or just who is bigger.

#2469 12 months ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Basic Pinstadiums have 2 sections, general illumination, and flasher. The GI is pretty self explanatory. The UV effect is connected to a flasher of your choosing. When the flasher goes off, so does the UV. Depending on where you connect it, you can get different effects.

Awesome. Thank you!

#2470 12 months ago

Made a video showing Scooby under black light with my black light flashlight for finding scorpions.

#2471 12 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, looks like Scooby is a hit! We will see if the 100 is really the 100, or just who is bigger.

Huh?

#2472 12 months ago

Same thing here bro. Same..

EDIT: ah yes, top 100. That makes sense

#2473 12 months ago

I don't care anymore. Bye. Welcome to the ignore zone. Maybe try to not be such an ass in the future.

Good luck with that.

#2474 12 months ago

Same thing here bro. Same...

Maybe he's talking about TOP 100 pins listed on here....that's gotta be it.

#2475 12 months ago

I have no issues. Just posting problems I am having. And I get hate for the it and downvotes. Look up all the problems I am having. I got downvoted many times for it because I dare to report problems that should have been caught with QC and they were not. Not even checked.
You don’t know me and who the hell are you to try to label me with issues. I am sick of some people on here. If you don’t like me ignore me then. Have a great weekend.

Dude everyone on here supports your family issues. But my god man give it a rest! You post the same thing like 10 times. No one wants to hear every time your ball gets stuck. The stuck ball issues are well documented here but you like to post every time it happens to you. Post about something once, not over and over. That is what you just don’t seem to get. You are the only one in this thread that posts the same thing over and over and over and mentions every little thing that has happened to your pin. This is not your personal thread man, if you want one start one but let the rest of us try to enjoy Scooby Doo please!

#2476 12 months ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Dude everyone on here supports your family issues. But my god man give it a rest! You post the same thing like 10 times. No one wants to hear every time your ball gets stuck. The stuck ball issues are well documented here but you like to post every time it happens to you. Post about something once, not over and over. That is what you just don’t seem to get. You are the only one in this thread that posts the same thing over and over and over and mentions every little thing that has happened to your pin. This is not your personal thread man, if you want one start one but let the rest of us try to enjoy Scooby Doo please!

God bless you. Have a wonder life. I feel sad for you. Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. Glad you are liking my thread. Now to go back to my wonderful wife and kids. Go enjoy your Scooby. Cheers.

#2477 12 months ago

That’s looks pretty rad. Somebody needs to develop a UV kit mod that interacts with some of the modes.

#2478 12 months ago

If you are a fan of UV glow Attack from mars playfield artwork is the real deal for UV glow.
Amazing!

5DDB6521-4FDF-4D47-94F7-47C8271B43F0 (resized).jpeg5DDB6521-4FDF-4D47-94F7-47C8271B43F0 (resized).jpeg
#2479 12 months ago

Oh..this is cool!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2480 12 months ago

Thank you all for keeping that shipping tracker updated. Please continue to update your information for those of us who are further down on the shipping list!

#2481 12 months ago
Quoted from Jigz:

Oh..this is cool![quoted image]

I missed that when I checked out their new mods yesterday. Can't decide if I like it or not. I think because my mind wants the stones to go all the way over to the right too, so it's throwing me off. I have about 8 months to decide

#2482 12 months ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

I missed that when I checked out their new mods yesterday. Can't decide if I like it or not. I think because my mind wants the stones to go all the way over to the right too, so it's throwing me off. I have about 8 months to decide

I Dont think you do. This will be offered by back alley today. For his TPF promo. Then who knows.
Magicchiz

#2483 12 months ago

I'm waiting for a mod that makes the apron locks look less "Penis-ish". I just can't unsee that no matter how hard I try.

#2484 12 months ago

I'm waiting for a mod that makes the apron locks look less "Penis-ish". I just can't unsee that no matter how hard I try.

Some modded will offer different decals. Maybe something more like the castle cobblestones. That would blend in well with Back Alley’s apron mod.

9E99A2EA-5C66-4478-A92A-A43B4272CC71 (resized).jpeg9E99A2EA-5C66-4478-A92A-A43B4272CC71 (resized).jpeg
#2485 12 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Some modded will offer different decals. Maybe something more like the castle cobblestones. That would blend in well with Back Alley’s apron mod.
[quoted image]

I sure hope someone does something. I may even pull the purple decals off completely in the meantime. Lol.

#2486 12 months ago

I sure hope someone does something. I may even pull the purple decals off completely in the meantime. Lol.

You could do that. I believe there’s extra decals included. It’s not a focal point in person.

#2487 12 months ago

Dammit, now I can't unsee it!!!

#2488 12 months ago

As a former draftsman someone at Spooky is getting a life time laugh.

#2489 12 months ago

Embrace it. Daphne Blake Seems to like it. I will add a few new decals to mine.

E43F7CD1-1506-437B-B46A-20A86BAF9B0D (resized).jpegE43F7CD1-1506-437B-B46A-20A86BAF9B0D (resized).jpeg
#2490 12 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Looks like the pinstadiums hit part of the spectrum. They will make the plastics glow on Scooby, but won't show the uv artwork on stranger things

Looking at all the pictures it's really the plastic protectors, wireforms and sculpts that react to the UV light, not so much the playfield like on Stranger Things. I'll bet $20 that Pinstadium Scott see's this and makes a kit specific for this game, it may not be much different than the normal one which triggers the UV flasher via a flasher input (does Scooby have any actual flashers??) but perhaps he could work with Spooky to build some kind of better integration in, AP did this for the Water Tourture Mod on Houdini so it's certainly been done before.

#2491 12 months ago
sdc (resized).PNGsdc (resized).PNGscd4 (resized).PNGscd4 (resized).PNGreminder (resized).PNGreminder (resized).PNGthumbnail_IMG_2388 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2388 (resized).jpgheadon (resized).jpgheadon (resized).jpgcloseup (resized).jpgcloseup (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2389 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2389 (resized).jpgsc1 (resized).jpgsc1 (resized).jpgleftside (resized).jpgleftside (resized).jpgside (resized).jpgside (resized).jpgsc3 (resized).jpgsc3 (resized).jpg
#2492 12 months ago

So, I assume Scooby has some flashers somewhere, if so, do they operate on straight 12v DC? Any owners care to "shed some light" on this?

#2493 12 months ago

Showed my wife this game (wish I hadn't) and now she is begging me to order one as she is a massive Scooby fan. Reading reviews from some other folks on here and many are not happy with the game. They say its slow and clunky and of course the complaints about the bending habitrail ends.

I think the game looks amazing - the art is awesome. The apron mod from Back Alley seems almost a must as well.

As we all know the game isn't cheap (cheaper than JJP games of course).

How many in this thread have have been hands on with the game?

#2494 12 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Stranger Things hidden UV art work in the underworld creates one of the best mode immersions in pinball.
More pinball machines should go for this. Dynamic.

521CFF25-AE3E-4DAE-9513-E1DF28105FA3 (resized).jpeg521CFF25-AE3E-4DAE-9513-E1DF28105FA3 (resized).jpeg770D3ADF-9A17-47A7-B6C5-518815B10B79 (resized).jpeg770D3ADF-9A17-47A7-B6C5-518815B10B79 (resized).jpeg
#2495 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Showed my wife this game (wish I hadn't) and now she is begging me to order one as she is a massive Scooby fan. Reading reviews from some other folks on here and many are not happy with the game. They say its slow and clunky and of course the complaints about the bending habitrail ends.
I think the game looks amazing - the art is awesome. The apron mod from Back Alley seems almost a must as well.

I've not seen anyone in this thread describe it as slow or clunky. Early run NIB games always need adjustments. All manufacturers.

#2496 12 months ago

I've not seen anyone in this thread describe it as slow or clunky. Early run NIB games always need adjustments. All manufacturers.

Not so much in this thread but in some other posts on the forum.

Watching the SDTM review now and so far they seem to really like it.

BTW are most people ordering directly from Spooky or using a distro like Flip N Out or Nitro etc?

#2497 12 months ago

So, I assume Scooby has some flashers somewhere, if so, do they operate on straight 12v DC? Any owners care to "shed some light" on this?

No flashers in the diagnostic menu, .. .dont have time at the moment to play a game to double check if that just isnt coded yet. The shaker uses the ben heck shaker board, I believe that is 12v.

#2498 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

If you actually listen to the extremely vocal minority “most Pinsiders” then you’d never buy any pinball machine ever. Scooby is Spooky’s best game to date and gameplay is fantastic, I haven’t had any issues so far.

#2499 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I described it as "clunky but charming" or something. It's not slow, just has some stop and go elements.

I think there's really only one thing that's a deal breaker or not, design wise, for this game:

The upper playfield. Are you bothered that most shots go under it, and you can't see them before they return to you? That bothers some people more than others. Are you a fan of the idea of the upper playfield? Some find them slower, or "too safe" etc.

If neither of those things bugs you it's a game that I think will make any serious Scooby fan happy. It's maybe not a pinball for everyone, but there's no question they capture the charm of the show I think.

#2500 12 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

# 58 here, game is not slow or clunky at all , very smooth not like R&M was out of the box, make sure you are at 7degrees to keep speed up. My habitrails were perfect out of the box, but I think the few tweaks needed have been trivial for others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 11,277 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 226.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.