(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,427 posts - Hot topic!
  • 631 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by bemmett
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 229.
#2401 1 year ago

Thanks for the mode breakdowns- but i think it misses the point of my post. These modes often end up getting stuck chasing the limited object without any alternative path to complete and because of the exclusivity… it becomes monotonous.

Modes like the knight always seem to be the mode to be played then its just grind-y

At leadt space kook has some shot movements you described

The perception is the game puts you in this walled path once you start something.

Quoted from spooky_dj:

Most main modes do have you shooting most shots; but there are some details that can help you get around particularly difficult shots. Not sure if a high-level breakdown like this has been posted before, but:
Creeper: Easiest case. You need to shoot 5 of the character shots to pass the paper between the gang, so the creeper does not get a hold of it. Order does not matter, and you can repeat characters, as long as you don't do the same character twice in a row. You have about 15 seconds between successful shots before the creeper gets you and takes the paper, at which point you have to repeatedly hit the action button to get the paper back before continuing. Shooting the same character multiple times will delay how long the creeper takes to catch you. And each time he steals the paper, it's more difficult to get it back. Third time is quite difficult!
Space kook: Hit either spinner to reveal I believe 7 shots that must be completed (looking for the space kook all around the airport). They'll unlight after some period, at which point a spinner must be hit again to reveal the remaining shots. If you're having trouble with a particular shot, note that each time you shoot a spinner, the required shots will shift around, in a particular direction depending on which spinner you hit. If you collect shots during this mode at the airport on the upper playfield, you are awarded a jackpot! So the highest-points strategy is to shoot the airport, then a spinner to shift all shots so the airport becomes lit again.
Space kook is the only mode with a "mini-mode" built in currently; shoot the green footprints on the upper playfield. This will reveal the Space Kook Army, and you must shoot the standing targets to cover each Kook (it'll make sense when you see the display). Note that each hit toggles whether the corresponding kook is covered, so ball control is key! Finally, you Destroy the Spaceship by making Consecutive shots to the center ramp; I believe you need 3 or 4 shots, but beware that hitting the targets adjacent to the ramp will reverse your progress, so don't miss! Note that you still need to keep collecting those scooby snacks to keep your bravery up during all this!! (This is the kind of excitement we are intending to bring into all other monster modes in future updates too!!)
Black Knight: Track paint all through the museum. The most difficult mode. All shots start white except the slings (including those on the lower playfield) which are red. Shoot a red shot to pickup paint, then you can shoot several white shots (depending on difficulty level) to paint those shots red. You can always shoot any red shot to 're-wet' in order to paint more white shots.
Miner 49'er: Unlock the safe! 4 shots are lit white. You have to shoot them in the correct sequence, but you have to figure out what that sequence is! Shooting adjacent shots will give you hints as to the next shot in the sequence. If you get the sequence wrong, progress resets, but the combination does not change.
Charlie the Robot: Charlie is a roaming shot running around funland. Shoot the roaming shot 5 times. After each shot, he'll get faster and move less predictably! He will only move to lit (yellow) areas, so you can control his movement by shooting those shots to un-light them! On harder difficulties, you'll re-light them if you shoot unlit areas! It's not a mini-mode per-se, but you can also ride the habitrails for some extra points!
Cutler: bash cutler to collect oxygen, then head to the main playfield to shoot the orange clue shots before you run out of O2. If you have qualified any standing targets (they'll be lit blue) you can hit them to increase your O2 on the main playfield. Hitting different parts of cutler will light different standing targets, so it's best to bash him all over the place, not just the helmet!
Swamp Witch and Zombie: You're trapped between the two gruesomes! 6 shots are lit on the main playfield, and must be shot in a sort of 'combo' style, alternating left, right, left, right, etc. At the moment, I don't believe there are timing requirements, only sequence.
The plan is to use the left drop banks and scoop to award fun perks in the main modes, as well as start some mini modes! You'll begin to see those being used in future updates! Right now we are focusing on Scooby Snack multiball, which will keep your scooby snacks lit, making it much easier to keep your bravery up during monster modes, as long as you keep the multiball going! This will be particularly useful for keeping your bravery up during longer modes, or if you need more time to go after those mini modes!! Minor note: you may find it trivially easy to collect scooby snacks now, but with the introduction of aides like this, the availability of scooby snacks is subject to chage!
And of course, each main monster mode ends with the unmasking hurry up! You have a set amount of time to hit the scoop to collect your bonus, but if you want to risk it to get even more points, there are bonus shots you can hit up to three times to boost that end-of-mode bonus! But beware, if you don't shoot that unmasking shot at the scoop in time, you forfeit the bonus!
Also note that if you hold both flipper buttons, you'll see alternate rules text on the screen! (if any exist in your current mode).
And in all main monster modes, you need to keep your bravery meter up! If it drops to zero, you exit the mode, with no chance at an unmasking hurry up shot. You keep the bravery meter up by collecting scooby snacks, which are lit by completing a drop bank on the left.

#2402 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks for the mode breakdowns- but i think it misses the point of my post. These modes often end up getting stuck chasing the limited object without any alternative path to complete and because of the exclusivity… it becomes monotonous.
Modes like the knight always seem to be the mode to be played then its just grind-y
At leadt space kook has some shot movements you described
The perception is the game puts you in this walled path once you start something.

That's a fair criticism; We do want variety of difficulty across the modes, but I get that nobody wants to be stuck in a frustrating grind for a hard shot. I'll make a note to address that. I think we can introduce other avenues for mode completion in those perks at the left drop banks/vuks I mentioned that will help out in that regard.

#2403 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

I've played at Great American Pinball a couple of times now, I'd agree that it feels like the bookcase could be stronger, but maybe it's powered that way on purpose. The shots aren't impossible as-is, but pretty hard.

Shared before that I played a few games at Crazy Martins. Took me a minute to figure out how the ball got to the upper playfield as well as how to do much of anything while I was up there. Got the hang of it a bit myself. Husband had a much better handle on it after about 5 games. The book case flipper did seem weak but agree with you when you shared that perhaps it was powered that way on purpose. It seemed that I was better able to manage the ball after a few trips to the upper playfield. Husband certainly able to hit shots. Can’t wait to see how it plays at home, but there does seem to be some consensus that the bookcase is slow…the MYSTER is if it is designed by purpose or miscalculation. I’m certain Spooky will let us know. Just tossing out a question that a few have shared before…what kind of score are folks getting in these early games? Frankly, I’ve not yet broken 2 million (but definitely will soon…”he said with confidence”…). Husband (hereafter to be called a much less formal Chad) was consistently hitting in the 5 million area and got as high as 8 mill. These were after about 8 games. With Halloween we shot lower scores in our first time out. Just curious how scores are lining up NOT by way of competition but more so in terms of our experiences among average pinball players. Second excursion this coming week to Southland Lanes in Middleburg Hts, OH…just outside of Cleveland.

#2404 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I have to assume AJ was thinking from a tech/service manual standpoint, so things like wiring diagram, coil numbers, switch numbers, LED string order, etc. I apologize on his behalf if there was some misunderstanding there. It'll probably be Bug, other Luke, or myself that will be publishing the rules related documentation.

I'm looking forward to any documentation. I like to read and be informed especially with a purchase of this value. Thank you for clarifying. I look forward to the tech info in the coming days and to rules related documentation when it comes!

#2405 1 year ago

There have been a two different discussions regarding the power of the upper flipper. I just want to make sure they are separate. The "normal" use is of course controlled by the coil. That power is intentionally lower to account for the shorter distance those shots are traveling. There is already a menu setting to turn this up or down. The backhand off the left side of the bookcase flipper is controlled by the spring which returns the flipper to the home position. If it's super weak, I'd suspect the bushing alignment or make sure the corner of the bookcase isn't rubbing against the rubber post.

#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I may be mistaken, but I believe a traditional playfield is 17/32” plywood that gets routed, inserts, planed down, then art and clear are applied and polished for a final thickness of 1/2”
I think Spooky starts with 1/2” ply? Or maybe they did in the past? So it’s only slightly thinner
Pretty sure American Pinball has the same playfield vendor too

Spooky, it sounds like it might be helpful to provide some guidance as to the playfields thicknessses and sizes of hex and slotted screws that might be recommended (whatever is used during production). We have a tool box labeled for all things pinball with minuscule rachets, wrenches, screw drivers and nut drivers. Also have some base hardware. Be easy to grab a variety if 1/6 screws and hex heads.

#2407 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There have been a two different discussions regarding the power of the upper flipper. I just want to make sure they are separate. The "normal" use is of course controlled by the coil. That power is intentionally lower to account for the shorter distance those shots are traveling. There is already a menu setting to turn this up or down. The backhand off the left side of the bookcase flipper is controlled by the spring which returns the flipper to the home position. If it's super weak, I'd suspect the bushing alignment or make sure the corner of the bookcase isn't rubbing against the rubber post.

Thank you!

#2408 1 year ago

I noticed on my distributor's site (Nitro) that the CE version was maked as sold out?!?!

I thought they were making 1979 games regardless of the version you selected.

Anyone know?

#2409 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I noticed on my distributor's site (Nitro) that the CE version was maked as sold out?!?!
Anyone know?

Sold out of the games the distributor purchased. Technically they could order more from Spooky.

#2410 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

That's a fair criticism; We do want variety of difficulty across the modes, but I get that nobody wants to be stuck in a frustrating grind for a hard shot. I'll make a note to address that. I think we can introduce other avenues for mode completion in those perks at the left drop banks/vuks I mentioned that will help out in that regard.

Like in the combination lock mode. It took me close to 5 mins to complete that mode and there’s no way I should’ve been able to complete it. I screwed up the combination at least 15 times and it still let me complete it eventually. I think if you get the combination wrong 3-4 times, you should fail that mode.

I also think I’m creeper you should get less time between shots or at least have it be adjustable.

#2411 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thanks for the quick response, Spooky! Never mind...had already responded last night. Too early this morning. I'm working Spooky hours. Haha.

#2412 1 year ago

4 days TPF.

#2413 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Most main modes do have you shooting most shots; but there are some details that can help you get around particularly difficult shots. Not sure if a high-level breakdown like this has been posted before, but:
Creeper: Easiest case. You need to shoot 5 of the character shots to pass the paper between the gang, so the creeper does not get a hold of it. Order does not matter, and you can repeat characters, as long as you don't do the same character twice in a row. You have about 15 seconds between successful shots before the creeper gets you and takes the paper, at which point you have to repeatedly hit the action button to get the paper back before continuing. Shooting the same character multiple times will delay how long the creeper takes to catch you. And each time he steals the paper, it's more difficult to get it back. Third time is quite difficult!
Space kook: Hit either spinner to reveal I believe 7 shots that must be completed (looking for the space kook all around the airport). They'll unlight after some period, at which point a spinner must be hit again to reveal the remaining shots. If you're having trouble with a particular shot, note that each time you shoot a spinner, the required shots will shift around, in a particular direction depending on which spinner you hit. If you collect shots during this mode at the airport on the upper playfield, you are awarded a jackpot! So the highest-points strategy is to shoot the airport, then a spinner to shift all shots so the airport becomes lit again.
Space kook is the only mode with a "mini-mode" built in currently; shoot the green footprints on the upper playfield. This will reveal the Space Kook Army, and you must shoot the standing targets to cover each Kook (it'll make sense when you see the display). Note that each hit toggles whether the corresponding kook is covered, so ball control is key! Finally, you Destroy the Spaceship by making Consecutive shots to the center ramp; I believe you need 3 or 4 shots, but beware that hitting the targets adjacent to the ramp will reverse your progress, so don't miss! Note that you still need to keep collecting those scooby snacks to keep your bravery up during all this!! (This is the kind of excitement we are intending to bring into all other monster modes in future updates too!!)
Black Knight: Track paint all through the museum. The most difficult mode. All shots start white except the slings (including those on the lower playfield) which are red. Shoot a red shot to pickup paint, then you can shoot several white shots (depending on difficulty level) to paint those shots red. You can always shoot any red shot to 're-wet' in order to paint more white shots.
Miner 49'er: Unlock the safe! 4 shots are lit white. You have to shoot them in the correct sequence, but you have to figure out what that sequence is! Shooting adjacent shots will give you hints as to the next shot in the sequence. If you get the sequence wrong, progress resets, but the combination does not change.
Charlie the Robot: Charlie is a roaming shot running around funland. Shoot the roaming shot 5 times. After each shot, he'll get faster and move less predictably! He will only move to lit (yellow) areas, so you can control his movement by shooting those shots to un-light them! On harder difficulties, you'll re-light them if you shoot unlit areas! It's not a mini-mode per-se, but you can also ride the habitrails for some extra points!
Cutler: bash cutler to collect oxygen, then head to the main playfield to shoot the orange clue shots before you run out of O2. If you have qualified any standing targets (they'll be lit blue) you can hit them to increase your O2 on the main playfield. Hitting different parts of cutler will light different standing targets, so it's best to bash him all over the place, not just the helmet!
Swamp Witch and Zombie: You're trapped between the two gruesomes! 6 shots are lit on the main playfield, and must be shot in a sort of 'combo' style, alternating left, right, left, right, etc. At the moment, I don't believe there are timing requirements, only sequence.
The plan is to use the left drop banks and scoop to award fun perks in the main modes, as well as start some mini modes! You'll begin to see those being used in future updates! Right now we are focusing on Scooby Snack multiball, which will keep your scooby snacks lit, making it much easier to keep your bravery up during monster modes, as long as you keep the multiball going! This will be particularly useful for keeping your bravery up during longer modes, or if you need more time to go after those mini modes!! Minor note: you may find it trivially easy to collect scooby snacks now, but with the introduction of aides like this, the availability of scooby snacks is subject to chage!
And of course, each main monster mode ends with the unmasking hurry up! You have a set amount of time to hit the scoop to collect your bonus, but if you want to risk it to get even more points, there are bonus shots you can hit up to three times to boost that end-of-mode bonus! But beware, if you don't shoot that unmasking shot at the scoop in time, you forfeit the bonus!
Also note that if you hold both flipper buttons, you'll see alternate rules text on the screen! (if any exist in your current mode).
And in all main monster modes, you need to keep your bravery meter up! If it drops to zero, you exit the mode, with no chance at an unmasking hurry up shot. You keep the bravery meter up by collecting scooby snacks, which are lit by completing a drop bank on the left.

I just shoot for the blinky lights.

#2414 1 year ago

BACK ALLEY CREATINONS: 7 Days of Texas: DAY 4 : SCOOBY DOO!

SCOOBY DOO DAY 1 OF 2 !!

Here at Back Alley Creations we spent many long hours designing the sculpts and toys to be manufactured in the recently released Scooby Doo pinball brought to you by our good friends at Spooky Pinball! Because of this reason, it only made good sense for us to design some new mods for it. These mods that we are releasing today blend naturally with everything in the game and look right at home! We have had so much fun making things for this game that we decided to bring you 2 days in a row of new mod releases for this title. Today we are going to bring you 3 new items. We hope you enjoy them and please stay tuned for more upcoming releases!

"Shannon" in mine cart: Shannon is the twin brother of one of our favorite lead characters in Scooby Doo! In this sculpt he is sitting in the mine cart and ready ride the rails alongside Scooby and the Miner in mine cart sculpts already in the game. He comes attached to one of our EZ Clips in the same fashion that Scooby and the Miner are both attached for easy installation on the wire form as shown in the pictures below.

Gold City Mine Rock Trail: In the upper right section of the game you will fine the Gold City Mine. We have taken what is shown in that area on decals and created a hand sculpted Rock Trail to give you more depth and realism to the the Scooby Doo world that is under the glass of your pinball machine. The Rock Trail can be seen in the pics below.

Here at BAC we have created sculpted speaker and coin door slime for many titles in the past and did not want to leave our beloved Scooby Doo pin out on this mod. Sculpted and painted in a style to match the beautiful artwork, we are offering two versions of coin door slime as well as the full width speaker panel slime sculpt in two fading color choices, purple to blue or blue to purple.

Please visit the link below to see these and all of the other mods offered for this title by Back Alley Creations.

https://backalleycreations.com/collections/scooby-doo-pinball-mods

Thanks for your support!

BAC

#2415 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2416 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

SCOOBY DOO DAY 1 OF 2 !!
Here at Back Alley Creations we spent many long hours designing the sculpts and toys to be manufactured in the recently released Scooby Doo pinball brought to you by our good friends at Spooky Pinball! Because of this reason, it only made good sense for us to design some new mods for it. These mods that we are releasing today blend naturally with everything in the game and look right at home! We have had so much fun making things for this game that we decided to bring you 2 days in a row of new mod releases for this title. Today we are going to bring you 3 new items. We hope you enjoy them and please stay tuned for more upcoming releases!
"Shannon" in mine cart: Shannon is the twin brother of one of our favorite lead characters in Scooby Doo! In this sculpt he is sitting in the mine cart and ready ride the rails alongside Scooby and the Miner in mine cart sculpts already in the game. He comes attached to one of our EZ Clips in the same fashion that Scooby and the Miner are both attached for easy installation on the wire form as shown in the pictures below.
Gold City Mine Rock Trail: In the upper right section of the game you will fine the Gold City Mine. We have taken what is shown in that area on decals and created a hand sculpted Rock Trail to give you more depth and realism to the the Scooby Doo world that is under the glass of your pinball machine. The Rock Trail can be seen in the pics below.
Here at BAC we have created sculped speaker and coin door slime for many titles in the past and did not want to leave our beloved Scooby Doo pin out on this mod. Sculpted and painted in a style to match the beautiful artwork, we are offering two versions of coin door slime as well as the full width speaker panel slime sculpt in two fading color choices, purple to blue or blue to purple.
Please visit the link below to see these and all of the other mods offered for this title by Back Alley Creations.
Thanks for your support!
BAC

Hey there, if you’re going to be at TPF I’d take a “Shannon” and rock formation and we could install them on my Scooby pin at the show.

#2417 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are indeed! Also going to proto type a bracket to hopefully be able to be put in from the bottom side without needing to remove anything just to help.

My ball keeps getting stuck here as well. Happens every 10 games or so. Please keep us in the loop for this fix for current owners who have their game already.

#2418 1 year ago
Quoted from wastedthelight:

Sold out of the games the distributor purchased. Technically they could order more from Spooky.

Right, right. I actually just noticed they put up more for sale on their site.

Does anyone know if they're anywhere near selling out on this title? I'm starting to feel like this may be like GnR LE, where there are so many of them, that you'll lose your shirt if you ever decide to sell.

#2419 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

SCOOBY DOO DAY 1 OF 2 !!
Here at BAC we have created sculped speaker and coin door slime for many titles in the past and did not want to leave our beloved Scooby Doo pin out on this mod. Sculpted and painted in a style to match the beautiful artwork, we are offering two versions of coin door slime as well as the full width speaker panel slime sculpt in two fading color choices, purple to blue or blue to purple.
Thanks for your support!
BAC

i would like the purple to blue speaker grill drip mod if you make more, i ordered the rock formation and shannon cart but those show as sold out in both versions.

#2420 1 year ago

Anyone know?

showing 3 in stock today

#2421 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i would like the purple to blue speaker grill drip mod if you make more, i ordered the rock formation and shannon cart but those show as sold out in both versions.

The Pinsider that made the post is not Matt from Back Alley Creations. He just shared the info.

#2422 1 year ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

SCOOBY DOO DAY 1 OF 2 !!
Thanks for your support!
BAC

Great mods and pics. Have the drips (in blood red) on out Halloween. They look great. Will be getting those for Scooby (in the new color) when they restock. Probably going to grab Shaggy and those rocks too after the game comes. Haha.

#2423 1 year ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Everything shows in stock now.

#2424 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

The Pinsider that made the post is not Matt from Back Alley Creations. He just shared the info.

Thanks for pointing that out RebelGuitar. Hadn't noticed that. Comments stand, however. Haha. Thanks for the pics ulmpharmd.

#2425 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

No
Many days I enjoy working on machines. Still looking for where that little washer came from on JP the other day. Kinda like a easter egg hunt.

Ohh, I'll play. My bet is it's from the left side of the clear ball hop plastic at the entrance to the left ramp.

#2426 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Everything shows in stock now.

thank you sir! i have my order confirmed.

#2427 1 year ago

Hey everyone...sorry for the website glitch. Everything should be up and running now. We are just running crazy trying to get everything done for TPF. Excited to see everyone there and show you all of our new ideas in person. We still have more new things to show off in the next few days and even many more in the days/weeks to come, so stay tuned! I think all you Scooby fans are going to really be happy with tomorrow's release...we are stoked to show you! Also, Ulmpharmd that comments on here is indeed a Back Alley team member...he presents alot of things here for me which allows me time to keep cranking on new mods Thanks again for all the support everyone!

#2428 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Hey everyone...sorry for the website glitch. Everything should be up and running now. We are just running crazy trying to get everything done for TPF. Excited to see everyone there and show you all of our new ideas in person. We still have more new things to show off in the next few days and even many more in the days/weeks to come, so stay tuned! I think all you Scooby fans are going to really be happy with tomorrow's release...we are stoked to show you! Also, Ulmpharmd that comments on here is indeed a Back Alley team member...he presents alot of things here for me which allows me time to keep cranking on new mods Thanks again for all the support everyone!

Is there going to be plenty to go around? I'm definitely interested in the sculpts, but also don't want to pay shipping twice when I will likely want what you are showing tomorrow too!

#2429 1 year ago

Good to know. Great stuff!

#2430 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes, exactly. That's why I said "if it's the latter, that's to be expected". I fully expect to adjust and tweak a NIB machine. I was just saying, the mystery multiball has been mentioned more than occasionally here. Could totally be a switch adjustment, and I'm cool with that. But may also be hardware or software related.

Unfortunately, on my machine the "mystery multiball" problem happens on every game played now, resulting in early terminated ball after one ball drains.

Some of suggested this may be a "maladjusted" trough or shooter lane switch. Total noob question here, how would I go about diagnosing this? The trough switch and shooter lane switches all register correctly on the switch test menu.

Thanks in advance!

#2431 1 year ago

Use a ball when testing, not your finger. That’s all I got. Maybe the switch in the shooter lane isn’t registering all the time when a ball is sitting there.

#2432 1 year ago

thanks Matt , i was bummed seeing that posted and sold out 45 mins later, glad you got it sorted out and wont miss out on the $$$ BTW ca you ship all 3 of my items together and work on my shipping $$ please? i will pm you my details
thanks

#2433 1 year ago

I just emailed you wanted to add ooz to my order as well so no double shipping. Lmk.

#2434 1 year ago

Finally got to play Scooby last night, and before I put down my first impressions. I got to captain cutler multiball, but it didn't auto plunge. Is it supposed to be that way? I mean I waited a good bit, and then I had to start doing the plunging to keep the balls in play. Just wanted to make sure this is normal or not before I gave my impressions.

#2435 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Unfortunately, on my machine the "mystery multiball" problem happens on every game played now, resulting in early terminated ball after one ball drains.
Some of suggested this may be a "maladjusted" trough or shooter lane switch. Total noob question here, how would I go about diagnosing this? The trough switch and shooter lane switches all register correctly on the switch test menu.
Thanks in advance!

I don't have my game yet, so I'm not sure what it looks like under the playfield, but re seat all connectors associated with the trough. Also, remove the balls, and put machine in switch test mode. Add the balls back 1 at a time. See if all that looks normal.

#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from Heavyk:

Finally got to play Scooby last night, and before I put down my first impressions. I got to captain cutler multiball, but it didn't auto plunge. Is it supposed to be that way? I mean I waited a good bit, and then I had to start doing the plunging to keep the balls in play. Just wanted to make sure this is normal or not before I gave my impressions.

That's never been normal on any other multiball mode I've ever played, so yeah, I'd say not normal. Based on other posts here, I'd be suspicious of the shooter lane switch being out of position.

#2437 1 year ago

Right, right. I actually just noticed they put up more for sale on their site.
Does anyone know if they're anywhere near selling out on this title? I'm starting to feel like this may be like GnR LE, where there are so many of them, that you'll lose your shirt if you ever decide to sell.

You’re 100% correct. It’s the Spooky sales model. Eliminates the flippers so it should be applauded.

#2438 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ohh, I'll play. My bet is it's from the left side of the clear ball hop plastic at the entrance to the left ramp.

Will try and look there. Thanks!! I use to live across from Bailey elementary.

#2439 1 year ago

I got the Cutler not auto plunge too, it didn’t seem to do it until I left the upper playfield. We assumed that was by design.

#2440 1 year ago

Save a Shannon for me, BackAlleyMatt!
All, I'll be fixing the bug with the shooter lane not auto-plunging for the upcoming update. I believe we have a fix for the unprompted multiballs too! If the upcoming update does not fix it, I'll take some greater measures to address it and release a hotfix (tiny update specifically to squash that bug). We'll continue to stomp that bug 'till its dead!

#2441 1 year ago

As a first time Spooky owner anxiously awaiting my pin, it is great to see this kind of support from the manufacturer!

#2442 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What are you supposed to be able to do with the top of the book case? Right now I’m only able to use it to hit the sling on the upper playfield. It’s not strong enough to hit and off the lanes. Is that how it’s intended to be used or do I need to make adjustments? Also emailed service.

#2443 1 year ago

NEW SDTM!
Scooby Doo Pinball FIRST IMPRESSIONS

#2444 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!
Scooby Doo Pinball FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Watching now...thanks guys!

#2445 1 year ago

I just ordered Shaggy, the mime rocks, and a gold ball. Can't wait to see what else. Since you guys made all the sculpts in game already this feels like official content!!

Edit: Sorry, the post started weird. Saved text from an earlier unfinished message basically stating how I am not worried to get my hands dirty and love the hobby no matter the machine or manufacturer!

#2446 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Save a Shannon for me, BackAlleyMatt!
All, I'll be fixing the bug with the shooter lane not auto-plunging for the upcoming update. I believe we have a fix for the unprompted multiballs too! If the upcoming update does not fix it, I'll take some greater measures to address it and release a hotfix (tiny update specifically to squash that bug). We'll continue to stomp that bug 'till its dead!

Was "Shannon" that "last minute idea" you guys mentioned in the Pinball Show podcast about telling owners how to do something if you couldn't get it in, or is there even more to come?

#2447 1 year ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

Was "Shannon" that "last minute idea" you guys mentioned in the Pinball Show podcast about telling owners how to do something if you couldn't get it in, or is there even more to come?

I totally forgot to reveal this! Try throwing UV/black light on your game and check out how well it reacts! A ton of the game including all the powdercoat and plastic prectoectors are very UV reactive. We didn't find out until the last minute unfortunately or we would have tried to incorporate something.

#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I totally forgot to reveal this! Try throwing UV/black light on your game and check out how well it reacts! A ton of the game including all the powdercoat and plastic prectoectors are very UV reactive. We didn't find out until the last minute unfortunately or we would have tried to incorporate something.

Soooooo, you're saying a set of Pinstadiums with UV flasher effects might look pretty effin' good on this?

#2449 1 year ago

This is the game under UV light. Notice even the flipper rubbers glow pink!

17a34888cca5ba0b7af12269e58eeb4f3979a2679401470e157a587c4739c9da (resized).jpeg17a34888cca5ba0b7af12269e58eeb4f3979a2679401470e157a587c4739c9da (resized).jpeg
#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Soooooo, you're saying a set of Pinstadiums with UV flasher effects might look pretty effin' good on this?

I'd be willing to bet yes!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 229.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/49?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.