(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,613 posts - Hot topic!
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by Jigz
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,613 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 233.
#2301 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No! Not feeling empowered at all or need to. Sad you feel that. I get empowered by my family. You guys who down vote me for posting can kiss my …. I have been supporting Scooby even before Halloween and since.
Some of you are really pathetic. Most of you wouldn’t survive what my wife and I have gone through. Any of you survive loosing three kids? Major health problems where you can’t work anymore?
Get your house foreclosed on and start over moving across country with a family of six?! Have to rebuild your credit for a few years and be able to buy a house again?
Almost loosing my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis twice? Daughter needing brain surgery? A wife with major health problems and in pain constantly?
Survive a childhood with a mother who was verbally and physically abusive?
Yeah I don’t need any empowerment from ANYONE!! Like many on here who think they are some Pinside celebrities. Give me a break.
Just posting issues since Spooky is on here. So downvote away. I don’t need any of you on here. Appreciate the ones who do support me.
Some of you need to grow up. It’s just freaking pinball. Have a nice weekend.

Dude, we're talking pinball. Most people in life go through very tragic ordeals but no one even mentioned anything about your family (only goodwill for your daughters surgery) and if I'm not mistake you received tons of up votes for your daughter being released and going home from the hospital.

#2302 1 year ago

No! Not feeling empowered at all or need to. Sad you feel that. I get empowered by my family. You guys who down vote me for posting can kiss my …. I have been supporting Scooby even before Halloween and since.
Some of you are really pathetic. Most of you wouldn’t survive what my wife and I have gone through. Any of you survive loosing three kids? Major health problems where you can’t work anymore?
Get your house foreclosed on and start over moving across country with a family of six?! Have to rebuild your credit for a few years and be able to buy a house again?
Almost loosing my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis twice? Daughter needing brain surgery? A wife with major health problems and in pain constantly?
Yeah I don’t need any empowerment from ANYONE!! Like many on here who think they are some Pinside celebrities. Give me a break.
Just posting issues since Spooky is on here. So downvote away. I don’t need any of you on here. Appreciate the ones who do support me.

Lots of folks have been through lots of things...some terrible. I do feel for them (and your family)...BUT my husband and I were both raised understanding that terrible hardships are not an excuse for bad behaviors. IMHO that fist up picture of yours said it all...there seems to be an underlying core of intolerance that is hard to stomach ... and "NO" I won't give you the satisfaction of ignoring you. I have upvoted you in both this thread as well as Halloween on several occasions for thoughtful posts. Many, I feel, however, are neither thoughtful nor considered.

#2303 1 year ago

Getting some Scooby play in while MPF is updating on the Dukes pin.

87DFB2B2-4CCD-41AE-A690-66181DEFC99C (resized).jpeg87DFB2B2-4CCD-41AE-A690-66181DEFC99C (resized).jpeg
#2304 1 year ago

Off topic…just watched the movie Pinball: The Man who Saved the Game. Someone had mentioned it on here a few weeks ago…a fun watch with a bit of pinball history.

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Off topic…just watched the movie Pinball: The Man who Saved the Game. Someone had mentioned it on here a few weeks ago…a fun watch with a bit of pinball history.

We watched last night! Really well done movie.

#2306 1 year ago

Get some perspective man. Support for real life issues you’ve been dealing with.

I wouldn’t be hanging out here.

You drop in on other games to crap on them. Tap the brakes and enjoy what you have

#2307 1 year ago

Off topic, but I watched it today myself.

#2308 1 year ago
AFA457E2-11AC-469B-A92F-6673033D8183 (resized).jpegAFA457E2-11AC-469B-A92F-6673033D8183 (resized).jpeg
#2309 1 year ago

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

We watched last night! Really well done movie.

Where did you find it available to watch?

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Amazon Prime has it. Other streaming sites may also have it…maybe You Tube

#2312 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Prime and Apple TV

#2313 1 year ago

I appreciate what you are saying here Iceman. I’m really not trying to be hateful to this guy. I really feel he needs to face himself and realize he has some real issues he needs to work through. He has no self awareness and uses people’s sympathies to justify his actions. I really hope he takes the constructive criticism here and looks in the mirror.

Quoted from iceman44:

Get some perspective man. Support for real life issues you’ve been dealing with.
I wouldn’t be hanging out here.
You drop in on other games to crap on them. Tap the brakes and enjoy what you have

#2314 1 year ago

Definitely going to watch the movie myself soon!

Back on topic to everyone who has enjoyed the game in home or on location - I know more will be coming code wise for the characters with their modes and other interactions, but who do you play as so far or find the most fun? One of the coolest things I think is all the replay value that can come from enjoying or mastering the 5 members of Mystery Inc.

I feel like I will be playing a lot of Shaggy when we get ours because the callouts will just be too much fun. I can't remember if it was Bug or Luke on The Pinball Show back in December who was imitating Matthew Lillard, bit it was spot on when he said "Zoinks! Like, hey Scoob, shoot the left ramp!"

#2315 1 year ago

“learn to regard people less in the light of what they post or comment, and more in the light of humanity and dignity."

#2316 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I appreciate what you are saying here Iceman. I’m really not trying to be hateful to this guy. I really feel he needs to face himself and realize he has some real issues he needs to work through. He has no self awareness and uses a people’s sympathies to justify his actions. I really hope he takes the constructive criticism here and looks in the mirror.

Self awareness. Sometimes it’s hard to know.

Agree with you. No hate involved at all

#2317 1 year ago

Make sure to check your ground wire on the launch button. Was putting in my 3D launch button and saw only one strand of wire was soldered to it.

5C946B8F-EB4E-49A2-955D-79DFB3463DC0 (resized).jpeg5C946B8F-EB4E-49A2-955D-79DFB3463DC0 (resized).jpeg
#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

I appreciate what you are saying here Iceman. I’m really not trying to be hateful to this guy. I really feel he needs to face himself and realize he has some real issues he needs to work through. He has no self awareness and uses a people’s sympathies to justify his actions. I really hope he takes the constructive criticism here and looks in the mirror.

I have no issues. Just posting problems I am having. And I get hate for the it and downvotes. Look up all the problems I am having. I got downvoted many times for it because I dare to report problems that should have been caught with QC and they were not. Not even checked.

You don’t know me and who the hell are you to try to label me with issues. I am sick of some people on here. If you don’t like me ignore me then. Have a great weekend.

#2319 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Self awareness. Sometimes it’s hard to know.
Agree with you. No hate involved at all

Self awareness? Whatever. I am aware of downvotes and hate I received to dare report all the issues I had with my game. You can also feel free to ignore me. Have a nice weekend.

#2320 1 year ago

Make sure to check your ground wire on the launch button. Was putting in my 3D launch button and saw only one strand of wire was soldered to it.
[quoted image]

Surprised it even worked

#2321 1 year ago

Pinside…we all love pinball - and we all have our “stuff”. Haven’t met a human yet that escapes that.

At this stage we all know the old issues, no need to revisit them. I think a lot of people are more interested in how Spooky has addressed these issues in more recent builds. The problem-free Scoobys don’t get showered in likes because we are jamming our collective heads in the sand like a flock of fanboy ostriches, it’s because it suggests Spooky are listening and getting better. That’s worth the upvotes in my world.

#2322 1 year ago

Question for SpookyLuke or lpeters82

What is Spooky's policy if a purchaser of a new machine is not capable of making the more intricate repairs required to fix the machine?

Soldering , removal of upper playfields, replacement of coils and stops that have been posted in this thread.

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

What is Spooky's policy if a purchaser of a new machine is not capable of making the more intricate repairs required to fix the machine?
Soldering , removal of upper playfields, replacement of coils and stops that have been posted in this thread.

This is why I’m selling my deposit; just unsure I’ll be able to do all of this right out of the box. Willing to learn but the uncertainty is dragging me down.

#2324 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

What about the people who can but don’t want to or refuse to do it?

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from Greenli2:

This is why I’m selling my deposit; just unsure I’ll be able to do all of this right out of the box. Willing to learn but the uncertainty is dragging me down.

Definitely a good question. I'm sure Spooky would do their absolute best to provide any parts / offsite support necessary to address out-of-box issues but if the actual repairs are above a new owner's comfort / skill level I don't know there will be much they can do short of reimbursing you if you have to call a qualified technician to handle (which are hard to come by anyway depending on your location). It's given me pause more than once but not enough to cancel my order (I'm in the mid 500s). My hope is that many of these earlier issues have been properly resolved but it is a gamble. I really would like to support Spooky and given them the benefit that they are doing their best to rectify these issues. I hope I'm right because I for one don't need a huge "paper weight" (albeit a great looking one) in my game room taking up a slot that a working game could be occupying. My fingers are crossed...

#2326 1 year ago

Spooky Luke are you guys adding a spacer to new built games now to keep plastic from dropping and getting ball stuck issues?

#2327 1 year ago

Changed my EHoH coin door art to a version version that fits the PinPac 4 headphone kit (provides more external controls).
I like their panels in general. I just don't like their Scooby panel because it doesn't continue the cab art like EHoH does.
EHoH cab front (resized).jpgEHoH cab front (resized).jpg

#2328 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

My personal advice to people like that is don't ever buy any pinball machine - ever! I get asked all the time how much games cost, etc when people come in my house and that's always my first response, can you work on it when it breaks, because it's going to break.

#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

My personal advice to people like that is don't ever buy any pinball machine - ever! I get asked all the time how much games cost, etc when people come in my house and that's always my first response, can you work on it when it breaks, because it's going to break.

I think we all get these same type of questions from those uninitiated and those genuinely curious. And, while you’re right that pinball is a hobby that you need to be comfortable jumping in and solving problems, it’s still very distinct from the quality you receive as a brand new, out of box.

Not commenting on what the “right” expectations are for that NIB experience should be since it’s clearly divisive here for some reason, but just clarifying that pinball maintenance is different from what you get from a brand new (and outrageously expensive) product.

#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Probably the same as Stern, JJP, American Pinball, Haggis, Multimorphic & CGC.
Vecna what has been your experience with other companies when repairs and upkeep are needed? You own machines right? Do you do any work on your own machines? Have to call in a tech?

#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

You refuse to work on a machine? What do you do when your games need something? I’ve owned hundreds of games and they all need something at some point. Coils and switches can fail, coil stops wear out, rubbers break down, playfields get dirty.

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

They pay someone else to do it. If they can find them.

#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You refuse to work on a machine? What do you do when your games need something? I’ve owned hundreds of games and they all need something at some point. Coils and switches can fail, coil stops wear out, rubbers break down, playfields get dirty.

No
Fix it

My question was not about me.

Why do you think I refuse to work on a machine?

Many days I enjoy working on machines. Still looking for where that little washer came from on JP the other day. Kinda like a easter egg hunt.

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

No
Fix it
My question was not about me.
Why do you think I refuse to work on a machine?
Many days I enjoy working on machines. Still looking for where that little washer came from on JP the other day. Kinda like a easter egg hunt.

Your comment read like you were speaking about yourself.

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They pay someone else to do it. If they can find them.

What about a game under warranty? Same?

#2336 1 year ago

Your comment read like you were speaking about yourself.

interesting people verses me

#2337 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What about a game under warranty? Same?

No. The manufacturer/distributors take care of that.

#2338 1 year ago

From your posts I know you well enough to say you have more issues than tissues.

I have no issues. Just posting problems I am having. And I get hate for the it and downvotes. Look up all the problems I am having. I got downvoted many times for it because I dare to report problems that should have been caught with QC and they were not. Not even checked.
You don’t know me and who the hell are you to try to label me with issues. I am sick of some people on here. If you don’t like me ignore me then. Have a great weekend.

#2339 1 year ago

Who’s excited for some new code next week? Should have a new multiball implemented with games going to TPF.

#2340 1 year ago

Self awareness? Whatever. I am aware of downvotes and hate I received to dare report all the issues I had with my game. You can also feel free to ignore me. Have a nice weekend.

Ask yourself why you are getting the response you get? Not “haters”

And when you go annoyingly ragging on other games in other threads you have no interest in

#2341 1 year ago

Probably the same as Stern, JJP, American Pinball, Haggis, Multimorphic & CGC.
Vecna what has been your experience with other companies when repairs and upkeep are needed? You own machines right? Do you do any work on your own machines? Have to call in a tech?

2019 Star Wars pro nib 600 3 ball games played no issues. I did remove the tilt bob as the pin is fast and I need to bang it around when the ball returns from the horse shoe at light speed and heads SDTM at times.
A few playfield dimples that do not bother me. Basically a little cleaning and new pinballs is all I have had to do.

Mando Premium is NIB this year and it the same less the dimples on the playfield. Holding strong at 300 plays.

Monster Bash has also been very reliable. A few times I have had a ball hang up and had to pull the glass but nothing major. Does not get as much play. Probably 200 or less total plays on it.

3F3B3C34-4E0E-4512-9B44-84CE6DE6D637 (resized).jpeg3F3B3C34-4E0E-4512-9B44-84CE6DE6D637 (resized).jpegBB16D545-2AD0-4538-98FB-0F1AB899007E (resized).jpegBB16D545-2AD0-4538-98FB-0F1AB899007E (resized).jpeg
#2342 1 year ago

Who’s excited for some new code next week? Should have a new multiball implemented with games going to TPF.

Although our game should be arriving in a few weeks, may be taking a few hour drive to Southland Lanes next week just to get back to a Scooby game. Excited to play some of the updates since we played at Crazy Martins. Trying to hold off on buying any sort of mods or Scooby decor until we have game in hand…damn, though, it’s hard!!!

#2343 1 year ago

No doubt Stern and CGC make rock solid machines. CGC has had the luxury to not have to worry about coding though which is a major benefit.

Quoted from Vecna:

2019 Star Wars pro nib 600 3 ball games played no issues. I did remove the tilt bob as the pin is fast and I need to bang it around when the ball returns from the horse shoe at light speed and heads SDTM at times.
A few playfield dimples that do not bother me. Basically a little cleaning and new pinballs is all I have had to do.
Mando Premium is NIB this year and it the same less the dimples on the playfield. Holding strong at 300 plays.
Monster Bash has also been very reliable. A few times I have had a ball hang up and had to pull the glass but nothing major. Does not get as much play. Probably 200 or less total plays on it.[quoted image][quoted image]

#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Monster Bash has also been very reliable. A few times I have had a ball hang up and had to pull the glass but nothing major. Does not get as much play. Probably 200 or less total plays on it.[quoted image][quoted image]

I removed the tilt bob also when I owned a SWLE. My Death Star ramp was binding against the playfield when it went up and down. I never felt like I got it just right.
I’ve had mostly good luck with Stern lately, although Elvira needed lots of tweaks and fixes right out of the box. Stern sent out a new skill shot piece for early games that required you to remove the entire house.
I wish Stern was as easy to get in touch with as Spooky. With Stern, you better have a good distributor to help you with issues and even then it could take a while. I just received a replacement part after 12 months for my Jurassic Park.

#2345 1 year ago

Everyone keep an eye out in the next few days! We have some great new mods that we will be releasing for your Scooby!

#2346 1 year ago

That’s interesting to know about service at Stern. My one and only Stern hasn’t needed any service beyond me tweaking several things as it was a very late run ST pro.

I removed the tilt bob also when I owned a SWLE. My Death Star ramp was binding against the playfield when it went up and down. I never felt like I got it just right.
I’ve had mostly good luck with Stern lately, although Elvira needed lots of tweaks and fixes right out of the box. Stern sent out a new skill shot piece for early games that required you to remove the entire house.
I wish Stern was as easy to get in touch with as Spooky. With Stern, you better have a good distributor to help you with issues and even then it could take a while. I just received a replacement part after 12 months for my Jurassic Park.

#2347 1 year ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Everyone keep an eye out in the next few days! We have some great new mods that we will be releasing for your Scooby!

Ahhh…you tempt me after my last post. Haha! Brutal!!

#2348 1 year ago

I haven’t seen any issues on this thread that shouldn’t be solvable with the same skill set people will need to maintain any pin.

If the new people that are bailing out are worried about this - don’t be. Checking connectors is part of the set up process on a new pin, and loose or unseated connections are the main thing that’ll cause one to be DOA. They get bumped around in shipping sometimes. Removing an upper playfield, changing coil stops, etc is not difficult. You most likely wont have to bust out a soldering iron for a long time - I’ve only had to do it on older pins or when I’m installing mods. Adjusting switches is done easily with a cheap tool and some YouTube instruction. If this is your first pin take the opportunity to also grab some basic maintenance supplies if you don’t have them already. You don’t need much in my limited experience.

Maintaining your new machine is really part of the enjoyment of owning a pin. The marriage of old-school and new-school tech combined with the physicality of pinball means you’re gonna have to crack the hood sometimes. Now - whether that is something that should be necessary on a NIB pin to get it flipping is a different question, but no manufacturer escapes that from what I’ve seen. Said it before, the big question of how these issues get resolved over the course of a run is much more important IMO.

Remember that not all Scooby owners post on pinside and that people tend to report bad experiences and under report when things just work. Before you cancel on Scoob (if you are still keen on the game) I’d give Bug or Luke a shout or PM and see if they can talk you off the ledge. I bet they have addressed a lot of this stuff already and continue to put out fires as they pop up.

#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Ahhh…you tempt me after my last post. Haha! Brutal!!

I don't think you will be able to resist...lolol!

#2350 1 year ago

How could I forget. I also have a Stranger Things Pro. Dimples is the only issue. This one has them for sure. Over 1000 plays and is solid in all other areas.

11C9B0BB-9D2A-40D5-B3D2-9B71D42C216B (resized).jpeg11C9B0BB-9D2A-40D5-B3D2-9B71D42C216B (resized).jpegF2335557-666C-42C5-ABE0-CBAFA42586A1 (resized).jpegF2335557-666C-42C5-ABE0-CBAFA42586A1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,613 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/47?hl=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.