(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,429 posts
  • 631 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by bobukcat
  • Topic is favorited by 302 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3814 (resized).jpeg
20240325_184545 (resized).jpg
20240325_190433 (resized).jpg
20240325_111714 (resized).jpg
IMG_3028 (resized).png
94df7c_de016bf1fc1746a3bd18f5ab4 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5636 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7691 (resized).jpeg
20240324_092450 (resized).jpg
20240324_092435 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg
20240324_092508 (resized).jpg
20240324_092515 (resized).jpg
20240324_092501 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 229.
#2251 1 year ago

How many are getting balls stuck here from upper playfield? Doesn’t happen all the time, but enough. It’s launching from Scoobys habit trail. Wish it was enclosed like the habitrails on the left side of the game.

Maybe need to do that for Scooby??

50871FC2-56CD-49C5-90A8-99A48AE804A0 (resized).jpeg50871FC2-56CD-49C5-90A8-99A48AE804A0 (resized).jpeg

#2252 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Nonsensical? If you post on a thread people are going to ask questions.

I don't disagree with folks asking questions after a review is posted. I'm just not certain that foot traffic vs. numerical value, etc. is information that someone would readily have available without a bit of further delving. I'm not a pinball business owner and could be wrong relative to how time consuming that information might be to access. I just feel that u2sean was providing a review of the game from an arcade owners perspective, simply and I sometimes wonder if somethings are agendized going in. Apologies if reading too much into things.

#2253 1 year ago

Just got SD setup this afternoon! Beautiful machine and I’m really enjoying it so far! This has likely be mentioned before but one thing that I hope gets updated in the near future is that the main background music that plays at the beginning and throughout the game is extremely repetitive. It literally plays the same 8 seconds over and over. Due to its slow tempo, it also seems to make the game seem to play slower than it actually does.

But otherwise really enjoying it so far! Great job Spooky team!

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

I don't disagree with folks asking questions after a review is posted. I'm just not certain that foot traffic vs. numerical value, etc. is information that someone would readily have available without a bit of further delving. I'm not a pinball business owner and could be wrong relative to how time consuming that information might be to access. I just feel that u2sean was providing a review of the game from an arcade owners perspective, simply and I sometimes wonder if somethings are agendized going in. Apologies if reading too much into things.

No worries, I think the 30% part is what grabs attention a least for me as that could be a big number or a small number.

But without numbers to translate 30% off of it is irrelevant.

Personally I was just wondering what games it was up against to see if was just cash cow.

So basically it does not really matter as there are so many different factors to consider.

Is it because it is the new kid on the block?
Is it that only so many have shipped and the area is hot for it?
Is it in a church or a strip club?
On and on.
I will take it for what it is. No Worries.

Time for me to eat my St. Patrick's day beef and a beer.

#2255 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Just got SD setup this afternoon! Beautiful machine and I’m really enjoying it so far! This has likely be mentioned before but one thing that I hope gets updated in the near future is that the main background music that plays at the beginning and throughout the game is extremely repetitive. It literally plays the same 8 seconds over and over. Due to its slow tempo, it also seems to make the game seem to play slower than it actually does.

And you got BUTTER!!!

79403957-B09F-45C8-86A7-39E2380E288C.gif79403957-B09F-45C8-86A7-39E2380E288C.gif
#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No worries, I think the 30% part is what grabs attention a least for me as that could be a big number or a small number.
But without numbers to translate 30% off of it is irrelevant.
Personally I was just wondering what games it was up against to see if was just cash cow.
So basically it does not really matter as there are so many different factors to consider.
Is it because it is the new kid on the block?
Is it that only so many have shipped and the area is hot for it?
Is it in a church or a strip club?
On and on.
I will take it for what it is. No Worries.
Time for me to eat my St. Patrick's day beef and a beer.

Will join you for that beer! Cheers! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Will join you for that beer! Cheers! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Back at ya. Enjoy.

#2258 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Question, is the metal piece of the shooter lane supposed to not be inset? I'm getting a lot of failures when launching. Took a slow motion video so I could help see what was going on. And as you can see in the video, it hits the metal edge, gets some air and doesn't make it all the way.
Not sure what to do about this.

I’m also concerned this metal piece is going to scratch the balls and shred up the playfield…

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

How many are getting balls stuck here from upper playfield? Doesn’t happen all the time, but enough. It’s launching from Scoobys habit trail. Wish it was enclosed like the habitrails on the left side of the game.
[quoted image]

Haven’t had a stuck ball there yet after a week.
Putting a lot of plays on today. 0 issues. Great game. So fun.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2260 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

And you got BUTTER!!!

Sweet sweet butter.

BF2A06AC-180E-4699-A4E3-DF21728224AC (resized).jpegBF2A06AC-180E-4699-A4E3-DF21728224AC (resized).jpeg
#2261 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Sweet sweet butter.
[quoted image]

Ahhhh beautiful!

#2262 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Sweet sweet butter.
[quoted image]

I don't know if it's a combination of lighting and butter, but man those colors on that cabinet POP!!

I am seriously considering the butter upgrade. I plan on putting mine where everyone can walk around the entire machine.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Sweet sweet butter.
[quoted image]

Looks Awesome. I'm glad I ordered Butter. Thanks for the Pic.

#2264 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Haven’t had a stuck ball there yet after a week.
Putting a lot of plays on today. 0 issues. Great game. So fun. [quoted image]

What settings do you have the upper playfield flippers set at? I increased the power on mine. Hold to 60% I believe.

#2265 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I don't know if it's a combination of lighting and butter, but man those colors on that cabinet POP!!
I am seriously considering the butter upgrade. I plan on putting mine where everyone can walk around the entire machine.

We have only 1 non-butter…R&M…and really regret it. The vibrancy and saturation of color is incredible.

#2266 1 year ago

Upload a video to youtube of butter so we can see it better.

#2267 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Upload a video to youtube of butter so we can see it better.

Just imagine perfect artwork with perfect shine. Zero imperfections.

#2268 1 year ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

You should be starting your first mystery mode in three shots. Then the music changes. I hope they don’t change the in-between mode music, it’s perfect.

#2269 1 year ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

If this is going to be a showpiece pin for you, definitely order with butter. Our ACNC and HWCE are both butter but the increase for me just made it a non-starter. That's now $2K CDN.

#2270 1 year ago

I’d still love to see a shot from the factory, side by side. Butter and non butter. Prob a better chance of that happening at TPF

#2271 1 year ago

What settings do you have the upper playfield flippers set at? I increased the power on mine. Hold to 60% I believe.

I didn’t change the settings. Default works fine for us.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2272 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Definitely seen this a couple times now on the routed Scooby

#2273 1 year ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Definitely seen this a couple times now on the routed Scooby

So, I assume that stuck ball must be happening on the drop from the miners rail, correct? The top rail is adjustable left and right…is it just a matter of centering the top rail better? Is playfield L/R level? Is it happening in MB or just single ball play?

Admittedly, it’s not like I hit that shot 20times a game, so maybe mine isn’t properly play tested.

Maybe I’m just in honeymoon mode, but this game is becoming a favorite. The modes are fun. The game is challenging. The look and lightshows are fantastic…and really reflect the theme nicely: from the cutler glowing footprints to the Charlie blinking orange and blues (or whatever). I find this game “joyful” (and in 51 years of life I’m not sure I’ve ever used that word outside the Christmas holiday season). Can’t wait to see where this goes with code updates. We have it set at about 7.2 degrees and medium difficulty…our games are not too short/too long. I will digest the game for a few more weeks before writing a review…but for now, I can’t find anything “not to like” about this one…even the Scooby Doo theme during MM multiball is fun for me.

#2274 1 year ago

Scooby #111 ETA Tuesday!!!

#2275 1 year ago

…just out of curiosity, what kind of scores are owners putting up? With the difficulty we’re at (and our skill level)…many of our games are in 2-4M range. Neither of us have had a ‘killer game’ yet, our GC is at 7M. We get 2-4 villain modes a game, and maybe complete them 25% of the time. For us, the game is just about perfect level of challenge.

I don’t see audits in the menu yet…I’m guessing we have between 50-70 plays.

#2276 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I didn’t change the settings. Default works fine for us.
[quoted image]

Ok. I felt the upper playfield flippers were a bit too weak. Even my daughters thought so.

Is anyone else getting there ball stuck in the pic besides me and flynnibus? I did again last night. I feel if the ball is not going fast enough that is when it gets stuck. Going to test it and check the clearance today.

Otherwise love this pin so much. Even just walking past it and looking at it. Gorgeous pin.

95B7F250-BC60-4A26-9C09-8B0594A400B0 (resized).jpeg95B7F250-BC60-4A26-9C09-8B0594A400B0 (resized).jpeg
#2277 1 year ago

Imo it gets stuck because the cable above the plastic is pushing the plastic down too far. It will continue to get stuck until you take things apart, reroute that wire, and/or find someway to stop that plastic from drooping so low. Even if it isn't causing the ball to stop every time, it is probably slowing it down all the time.

#2278 1 year ago

Maybe you could wiggle a small zip tie in there to relieve some of the downward pressure off that CAT5 (6?) cable…gotta be somewhere you could safely tie it to?

#2279 1 year ago

Ok. I felt the upper playfield flippers were a bit too weak. Even my daughters thought so.
Is anyone else getting there ball stuck in the pic besides me and flynnibus? I did again last night. I feel if the ball is not going fast enough that is when it gets stuck. Going to test it and check the clearance today.
Otherwise love this pin so much. Even just walking past it and looking at it. Gorgeous pin.
[quoted image]

I would just take a unused pinball rubber you have laying around and cut it down to a small shim you could put underneath the right side of that plastic where the metal guide piece is, has to be a clearance issue.

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

What games was it competing with? Contemplating picking up a pre-order spot in the market place for a location that I have a Walking dead pro at.

All newer Stern, JJP, Spooky, CGC and classic B/W titles like Addams, MM, etc.

Quoted from Castlecade:

Can you provide the avg game time?

Hmmm, that's a good question! I'll check and see if that audit is available but from what I've been told from the individual that runs a tourney there the game times were on par with others (which is good!). Definitely need to have the outlane posts in the lower position to keep game times reasonable

Quoted from Vecna:

Curious, you stated 30% higher than any other game in one month period. What did you calculate percentage of foot traffic or a percentage of numerical value?

Percentage of numerical value, for any month, any game, over the last 9 years (granted, COVID is in here too so let's take out 2 and call it 7 years)

#2281 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Again.. just prop up the plastic. Put a small sticky foot on it or cut up a rubber like I did and posted in this thread.

Just stick something like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Sliders-1-2-Round-Self-Stick-Cabinet-Bumpers-Plastic-Clear-12-Pack/16782103?athbdg=L1600 on the bottom of the plastic so it sits against that ball guide and pushes it up the 1/8" of an inch.

This is a dead simple fix.

#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Imo it gets stuck because the cable above the plastic is pushing the plastic down too far

The plastic isn't supported at this end.. and there really is no way to get to those wires with the upper PF installed. That plastic is going to continue to droop until it's supported and held out of the way. A simple lift is all that is needed.

#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The plastic isn't supported at this end.. and there really is no way to get to those wires with the upper PF installed. That plastic is going to continue to droop until it's supported and held out of the way. A simple lift is all that is needed.

Glad it is even simpler. Was just going from his pics, won't have my Scooby until June-ish.

#2284 1 year ago

Quoted from flynnibus:

Again.. just prop up the plastic. Put a small sticky foot on it or cut up a rubber like I did and posted in this thread.

This seems like a pretty minor issue to keep bringing up (I count six times AFTER flynnibus posted a quick and easy solution in post #1923). There appears to be a lot of pinsiders in the Phoenix area that can probably help you with this and maybe some of your other issues too. I know there are different levels of confidence and/or ability when it comes to pin maintenance, that is 100% ok. I think most people just made the quick fix which is why no has answered your question.

I was actually surprised how many pinsider's there are in the Phoenix area, must be a great pinball community.

#2285 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Hmmm, that's a good question! I'll check and see if that audit is available

I don't believe it is yet; I'll be adding a whole bunch of audit goodness soon though. If not in the next update, then the one following. Also had a chat with a local operator last week who recommended some menu options that are helpful for locations, such as enabling autolaunch after x seconds, and auto-start a game when enough credits are inserted.

#2286 1 year ago

Just came from the barcade, most were waiting to play SD.

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

This seems like a pretty minor issue to keep bringing up (I count six times AFTER flynnibus posted a quick and easy solution in post #1923). There appears to be a lot of pinsiders in the Phoenix area that can probably help you with this and maybe some of your other issues too. I know there are different levels of confidence and/or ability when it comes to pin maintenance, that is 100% ok. I think most people just made the quick fix which is why no has answered your question.
I was actually surprised how many pinsider's there are in the Phoenix area, must be a great pinball community.

I think he may be waiting for Spooky to answer him directly so he can feel empowered by their response to him.
Just do what flynnibus posted, take a break from pinside & enjoy your pin. Two operators I know already did this quick fix and it worked without a hitch.

#2288 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Imo it gets stuck because the cable above the plastic is pushing the plastic down too far. It will continue to get stuck until you take things apart, reroute that wire, and/or find someway to stop that plastic from drooping so low. Even if it isn't causing the ball to stop every time, it is probably slowing it down all the time.

Can’t budge it. It’s too tight in there. Would have to remove the upper playfield.

#2289 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I think he may be waiting for Spooky to answer him directly so he can feel empowered by their response to him.
Just do what flynnibus posted, take a break from pinside & enjoy your pin. Two operators I know already did this quick fix and it worked without a hitch.

No! Not feeling empowered at all or need to. Sad you feel that. I get empowered by my family. You guys who down vote me for posting can kiss my …. I have been supporting Scooby even before Halloween and since.

Some of you are really pathetic. Most of you wouldn’t survive what my wife and I have gone through. Any of you survive loosing three kids? Major health problems where you can’t work anymore?

Get your house foreclosed on and start over moving across country with a family of six?! Have to rebuild your credit for a few years and be able to buy a house again?

Almost loosing my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis twice? Daughter needing brain surgery? A wife with major health problems and in pain constantly?

Survive a childhood with a mother who was verbally and physically abusive?

Yeah I don’t need any empowerment from ANYONE!! Like many on here who think they are some Pinside celebrities. Give me a break.

Just posting issues since Spooky is on here. So downvote away. I don’t need any of you on here. Appreciate the ones who do support me.

Some of you need to grow up. It’s just freaking pinball. Have a nice weekend.

#2290 1 year ago

Can’t budge it. It’s too tight in there. Would have to remove the upper playfield.

Then remove it?

Some of you are really pathetic. Most of you wouldn’t survive what my wife and I have gone through. Any of you survive loosing three kids? Major health problems where you can’t work anymore?

Get your house foreclosed on and start over moving across country with a family of six?! Have to rebuild your credit for a few years and be able to buy a house again?

Almost loosing my daughter to diabetic ketoacidosis twice? Daughter needing brain surgery? A wife with major health problems and in pain constantly?

Survive a childhood with a mother who was verbally and physically abusive?

Sorry you've been through all that. Has nothing to do with Scooby Doo pinball though, which is what most of the people are in this thread for. People have been posting suggestions for fixes to the Scooby issues you have been having, and instead of doing something about it you just keep reposting the same issues. Not sure how you think that is helping anything, family or pinball wise.

#2292 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Then remove it?

It's a PITA. You can tell from his photos that he didn't get all the wires rerouted correctly either.

This shield is funky because it is not part of the upper PF itself, but sits under it on top of the hardware on the lower PF... but all the wiring of the upper PF needs to be tucked behind it. So I would expect it to be a bit of a 'exercise' to get everything aligned as you reinstall the upper PF.

Not looking forward to the first time I have to take it off.

#2293 1 year ago

You guys who down vote me for posting can kiss my

You got downvoted because you keep posting about the same problem, a problem that others have successfully fixed and shared the fix with you.

Would have to remove the upper playfield.

So remove the upper playfield and fix it. Or stick a rubber under there like Flynn did. Both are better actions than simply reposting your pic over and over.

#2294 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a PITA. You can tell from his photos that he didn't get all the wires rerouted correctly either.

This shield is funky because it is not part of the upper PF itself, but sits under it on top of the hardware on the lower PF... but all the wiring of the upper PF needs to be tucked behind it. So I would expect it to be a bit of a 'exercise' to get everything aligned as you reinstall the upper PF.

Not looking forward to the first time I have to take it off.

Good to know. Doing nothing definitely won't fix his issue though.

#2295 1 year ago

We are All just a bunch of jerks I guess. Here I thought it was just me.

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Yes there certainly are a lot of Pinsiders here in Phoenix, but more so there is an extraordinary amount of pinball players and collectors here that aren’t on Pinside. And Phoenix has a fantastic pinball community, even having tournaments on almost every night of the week at various locations. Although with every community, there is always “that one guy.”

#2297 1 year ago

Someone in AZ please please help this guy

Quoted from Danzig:

Yes there certainly are a lot of Pinsiders here in Phoenix, but more so there is an extraordinary amount of pinball players and collectors here that aren’t on Pinside. And Phoenix has a fantastic pinball community, even having tournaments on almost every night of the week at various locations. Although with every community, there is always “that one guy.”

#2298 1 year ago

...you need to grow up. It’s just freaking pinball. Have a nice weekend.

Wisdom I would encourage you to consider for yourself.

I am truly sorry for everything you have struggled with, but this does not validate your forum behavior nor is it necessary to post it all publicly.

If you can not do the repair, reach out to the local community and see if someone else can assist. All you need to do is wedge the plastic up enough to put a rubber or foam spacer in place. It can be achieved with needle nose pliers without removing the upper PF.

#2299 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

We are All just a bunch of jerks I guess. Here I thought it was just me.

You can't downvote posts you can't see! It's a magic button that makes people think you're politer than you really are.

--

That shield seems poorly designed. Are there any screws near it on the underside? Might be a better idea to replace it with a 3D printed version that is stiffer and can mount onto one or more screws so it will stay in place. With a pic and some measurements I'm sure someone in the 3D thread could whip something up.

Maybe not a big deal at home, but last thing you want with a location game is a ball knocking your wedged kludge loose and making the game unplayable while you're not around. Easier to take the time to bulletproof it.

#2300 1 year ago

Yes, taking the upper PF off is a a PITA to do. Wish they had the space and engineering to have designed it more simple for servicing... hopefully I don't have to take it apart again anytime soon.

My coil stop fell off (other side was loose too), so was a good time to add the spacer.

20230317_121646 (resized).jpg20230317_121646 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 229.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/46?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.