(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 232.
#101 1 year ago
Quoted from mjg417:

We are remodeling my girlfriends sons room and stumbled on this thing
[quoted image]

I see a $2000 topper.

#102 1 year ago

I’m reposting @monitorpop’s tracker from the hype thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UU-6p9o2M0LIsPZ3J1iiP945FzTDcZKnH1UYVkvWDQU/edit?usp=sharing

Seems like a good place for it to live now.

#103 1 year ago

Exciting to see SD in the wild. Looking forward to seeing other pinsiders get theirs in! According to the spreadsheet mine should get here before my birthday! Works out good, awesome present to myself for my big 50!

I'm a life long SD fan. I have Scooby themed vpin I have been building(before I knew that spooky was doing a real one). In college, (early 90s) I killed my university's internet with my scooby doo website. The network admin said at one point traffic to my site accounted for like 98% of all traffic going in/out of the univ. That was a long time ago and internet speeds even for schools d still very limited. Still kinda proud of that tho

#104 1 year ago

Got to be one of the best feelings when your 'dream theme' is realised as a pinball game... and you can afford it. Feel sorry for those hanging on for Jaws and Back to the Future. But then, once in a while, Stern drops a 'Godzilla' on you and all bets are off.

#105 1 year ago

Hey guys quick tip. You will want a 7-7.2 degree pitch on this game when you set it up. Has some really nice speed and flow there.

#107 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys quick tip. You will want a 7-7.2 degree pitch on this game when you set it up. Has some really nice speed and flow there.

Anyone have any suggestions on a nice digital pitch ? Not looking for the cheapest but the best or above average. Thanks in advance!

#108 1 year ago

I'm actually really glad he took this video because it highlights those 3 outlane drains. I know some people were worried about the game being to easy or super long ball times. In our video we had outlanes at the most closed position and ball save on medium difficulty. In this position its fun because it's a super approachable game even for the family. However you move those outlane posts to the more open position and set your ball save difficulty to harder and your going to have a much more challenging game on your hands. I think it's really going to cater to a wide range of players in a huge way. Very balanced and fun.

#109 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any suggestions on a nice digital pitch ? Not looking for the cheapest but the best or above average. Thanks in advance!

GemRed 82412 Mini Digital Level Angle Gauge Angle Finder Protractor Inclinometer Aluminum Framework with Magnet https://a.co/d/g3kbyRD

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I normally use the phone app. Tried a square block but didn’t work well. The long ones on Amazon work well but like how the PINGUY app talks to you while under the machine.

#111 1 year ago

I’m in for a long wait #1102

#112 1 year ago

Plays fast... Cant wait till mine ships

#113 1 year ago

1st thing that entered my mind when I saw it.

Quoted from Beechwood:

I see a $2000 topper.

#114 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GemRed 82412 Mini Digital Level Angle Gauge Angle Finder Protractor Inclinometer Aluminum Framework with Magnet https://a.co/d/g3kbyRD

Quoted from beltking:

I normally use the phone app. Tried a square block but didn’t work well. The long ones on Amazon work well but like how the PINGUY app talks to you while under the machine.

This is going to sound really ‘noobish’ but where are you guys measuring the degree at? I’ve been going directly on the playfield over a piece of paper.

The magnet freaks me out that it might damage something I’m unaware of as well.

I’ll have to download a phone app. I know I used to use one for my roof measurements and they were always pretty good for that so I’m sure with the new phone they work well

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

This is going to sound really ‘noobish’ but where are you guys measuring the degree at? I’ve been going directly on the playfield over a piece of paper.
The magnet freaks me out that it might damage something I’m unaware of as well.
I’ll have to download a phone app. I know I used to use one for my roof measurements and they were always pretty good for that so I’m sure with the new phone they work well

I don’t use anything. I just pitch my game steep and adjust it until it plays to my liking.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I just use an Android app called "Pinball Leveller" and it has helped me level out all my games when they first get setup. Just make sure and calibrate it on a known level surface first.

#117 1 year ago

Spooky working weekends, just got and paid invoice for #58

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t use anything. I just pitch my game steep and adjust it until it plays to my liking.

That’s essentially what I’ve been doing. The area in my basement is fairly level already. I just try to equally adjust all legs before putting them on. I think I do like “8 big turns” on the stern back legs and then flatten the fronts and make sure the bubble is a hair on the high side and it’s normally good to go. I’ve just noticed that on a couple where people recommend a precise pitch those are the ones that I have a hard time with some of the shots or play a little off

I’m mostly throwing my small level on the playfield to make sure it’s descent side to side. Even though I feel like On one of my machines I’m missing something because no matter what I do the ball is floating to one side

#119 1 year ago

Playfield could be warped. Wouldn’t be the first time.

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’ve been happy with this one:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-Digital-Angle-Gauge-and-Digital-Leveler-935DAG/311131769

#121 1 year ago

#122 1 year ago

If I lived within 75 miles of Madison, WI, I’d be over at the I/O Arcade.

#123 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Me too

#124 1 year ago

Same here... unfortunately both you and I have a bit more than 75 miles to get there... oh well

#125 1 year ago

I am guessing we all would be! Sadly I am 1,473 miles away.

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Spooky working weekends, just got and paid invoice for #58

Yeah, I was kinda shocked that I got the invoice for #60 this evening. Got it paid, and I'm betting they'll have it ready for pickup this coming week. They're putting stuff out at a pretty good pace with the last couple releases. Keep up the good work, Spooky!

#127 1 year ago

Alright, I’ve only had the chance to get 2 games in on this one. I loved the assets, flow, feel of the gameplay, light show, shots, sculpts, and the modes I played were really fun! The code seemed early in some aspects, yet really polished overall. I truly feel this is going to be a fantastic title. Check out Don’s Pinball Podcast for a full review! https://www.stitcher.com/show/don-s-pinball-podcast/episode/dpp-18-scooby-doo-first-impressions-212075706

#128 1 year ago

Anyone with butter can yet?

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Alright, I’ve only had the chance to get 2 games in on this one. I loved the assets, flow, feel of the gameplay, light show, shots, sculpts, and the modes I played were really fun! The code seemed early in some aspects, yet really polished overall. I truly feel this is going to be a fantastic title. Check out Don’s Pinball Podcast for a full review! https://www.stitcher.com/show/don-s-pinball-podcast/episode/dpp-18-scooby-doo-first-impressions-212075706

Very good podcast
Thanks for posting .

#130 1 year ago

Same. Recommended when we purchased Halloween. Also available on Amazon.

#131 1 year ago

I made it out to I/O last night and got about 10 games in on Scooby. I had a blast playing and I think this game will be a big hit for Spooky!

I think the theme integration is where this game really shines. The modes are all unique, challenging and fun. They are also challenging to complete and offer a big risk/reward when you hit the Mystery Machine to unmask the villain. The Mystery Machine shot isn't always the easiest to hit so it really gets your adrenalin flowing when it is lit for the collect.

In full disclosure I did play the proto game at Spooky when the game was first announced and had concerns about long ball times after playing it. After playing the game at I/O those concerns have disappeared. Ball times are shorter than modern Stern games like Godzilla and Bond. The left out-lane is quite hungry and I had a few right power drains as well. This game had the outlanes opened up from factory and also was pitched higher along with a tight tilt. This isn't an easy game when setup this way. I think many players will struggle to actually complete the modes and the game doesn't hand out multiballs like a modern Stern. I like that there is challenge and risk/reward built into the game. I also noticed that end of ball and end of mode bonuses can be huge on this game, so don't tilt!

Also I recommend listening to Don's pinball podcast for his review on the game. I agree with most everything he said.

Side question: is Scooby Snack Multiball coded in the game yet? I think I had 96 scooby snacks but wasn't sure how many it takes to start (100?).

Game was fun and I'd recommend to others to stop out and play it. I managed to set the GC and a few high scores (along with this Bug fellow), so come on in and try to knock me off the board!

20230218_224331 (resized).jpg20230218_224331 (resized).jpg
#132 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Anyone with butter can yet?

I get Red Feather Creamery butter in a can.
cans of butter (resized).pngcans of butter (resized).png

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I made it out to I/O last night and got about 10 games in on Scooby…

Excellent feedback! Sooo excited to play one (and own one).

Any report on how the left loop/subway is integrated? Curious about the context there and if the ball simply comes back into play down near the mystery machine or if it gets physically locked for MM multiball?

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Excellent feedback! Sooo excited to play one (and own one).
Any report on how the left loop/subway is integrated? Curious about the context there and if the ball simply comes back into play down near the mystery machine or if it gets physically locked for MM multiball?

Yes it comes back into play around the right orbit (Mystery Machine eject). It was really loud when I was playing at IO last night so it was hard to pickup on audio queues. At first I thought the ball might be getting hung up but it gets kicked out after a delay. Would be great if Spooky could come up with some kind of headphone kit for playing in loud environments. Or at least add some visual queues for when a ball is stopped in play.

#135 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yes it comes back into play around the right orbit (Mystery Machine eject). It was really loud when I was playing at IO last night so it was hard to pickup on audio queues. At first I thought the ball might be getting hung up but it gets kicked out after a delay. Would be great if Spooky could come up with some kind of headphone kit for playing in loud environments. Or at least add some visual queues for when a ball is stopped in play.

Gotcha…was hoping it would come back into play like that, nice! Yeah, maybe some visual cue like all the lights going dark (you fell in a dark hole) with a traveling flashlight effect leading to the mystery machine where the ball is resurfaced and back to full light show…cant wait!

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Side question: is Scooby Snack Multiball coded in the game yet? I think I had 96 scooby snacks but wasn't sure how many it takes to start (100?).

Definitely not in the game now, and isn’t guaranteed to be there in the future either.

#137 1 year ago

Have a young son and second baby on the way. Any chance butter cab holds up long term or is decal the way to go? I have decal on RnM and think it looks great. I’m expecting the email this week.

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Have a young son and second baby on the way. Any chance butter cab holds up long term or is decal the way to go? I have decal on RnM and think it looks great. I’m expecting the email this week.

Haha I'm exactly in the same boat. While my kids are well behaved Sh$$t happens and I have no desire to get worked up when/if it does. I'm not going butter as much as I want to in case something does happen. I had a Halloween non butter and it looked amazing.

#139 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

It's all opinion and it's your money to spend however you want, but the "regular" Spooky decals are very nice. Not worth the upgrade to Butter, but it's your dime. The Butter is gorgeous, but my games are in a lineup, so....

RM

#140 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Any chance butter cab holds up long term or is decal the way to go? I have decal on RnM and think it looks great. I’m expecting the email this week.

Depends on the nature of the damage. If you are talking small dings / scratches, you can use automotive touch-up paint to repair the direct printed cab.

If you suffer a large gash, cab damage, then you will probably wish you had decals.

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Same. Recommended when we purchased Halloween. Also available on Amazon.

Def going to need to pick this up. It’s in stock. Never thought to check the electrical tools aisle at Home Depot. Love all of my Klein tools

#142 1 year ago

Let’s try this again.

Anyone get an invoice for a Butter cab game yet?
I wondered if there were butters in this early batch?

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Let’s try this again.

My understanding is that there is no separate invoicing for butter cabs. Invoices are sent out in order of build #. Once you recieve your invoice, you specify whether you want butter or not. Therefore no one has technically recieved an invoice for a butter cabinet. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. This is my first time around with Spooky.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Let’s try this again.

If I remember correctly you should receive an email indicating that your game is about to go into production and asking if you want butter or non-butter. Your invoice will then reflect that. That’s my memory from Halloween. CoolCatPinball was answering at the same time. Just editing now to acknowledge the earlier response. Looks like we are on the same page in terms of butter and invoicing. These forums are great for information!!!

#145 1 year ago

We did not include any butter cabinets in the first batch up on the line however we have 60+ in stock and will be putting 7 up on the line each day this week so they will be coming.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We did not include any butter cabinets in the first batch up on the line however we have 60+ in stock and will be putting 7 up on the line each day this week so they will be coming.

Just checking on the early butters. Without bothering you guys. Wink wink
Magicchiz

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Just checking on the early butters. Without bothering you guys. Wink wink
Magicchiz

All good! I should have mentioned this sooner.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

All good! I should have mentioned this sooner.

I’m just waiting to see one. And it would be totally awesome if you could have a decal cab next to a butter cab for comparison. Obviously it’s not the same through a photo vs seeing it in person, but still intriguing to some of us first timers.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I’m just waiting to see one. And it would be totally awesome if you could have a decal cab next to a butter cab for comparison. Obviously it’s not the same through a photo vs seeing it in person, but still intriguing to some of us first timers.

I second that. This is my first spooky machine and my first nib for that matter.

#150 1 year ago

100% getting butter this time. TNA art no but spooky ce art needs butter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 19.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,597 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/3?hl=bkpitmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.