(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,643 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 233.
#1851 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Those decal edges are beautiful. Nicely done Spooky!

They sure are. That’s why I went non butter. Halloween decals look amazing, so saw no need to spend an extra $1400 for butter. No risk of trashing the artwork with a bad scrape.

#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Those decal edges are beautiful. Nicely done Spooky!

Are the decals applied overlapping each panel and then the cabinet put together? Always looks so perfect.

#1853 1 year ago

Louisville arcade expo.

Plus one off to side...butter.

PXL_20230310_165837271 (resized).jpgPXL_20230310_165837271 (resized).jpg
#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Louisville arcade expo.
Plus one off to side...butter.
[quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1855 1 year ago

Butter/Other info email received today for #184 for those keeping track!

#1856 1 year ago

Thank you for the exact measurments. Looks like I have 1 inch per side of clearance.

#1857 1 year ago

Here is a video and some better pics of Rocket City Pinball 3D start button. I Will post on Monday when I get the launch button. Have a great weekend everyone.
Also my daughter is doing great and recovering well from her brain surgery. Thank you all who have prayed for her and my family and reached out to us.

66C66103-52F0-44BD-AE38-8791AE568D93 (resized).jpeg66C66103-52F0-44BD-AE38-8791AE568D93 (resized).jpeg535F80B8-7681-47AA-BE9E-C6A659FF3C65 (resized).jpeg535F80B8-7681-47AA-BE9E-C6A659FF3C65 (resized).jpeg10576F90-BF3D-4D5A-8967-765220F25F49 (resized).jpeg10576F90-BF3D-4D5A-8967-765220F25F49 (resized).jpeg8745E08F-AB8A-49FB-AFA2-544C3DB39245 (resized).jpeg8745E08F-AB8A-49FB-AFA2-544C3DB39245 (resized).jpeg

#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I posted about this issue and how to fix it. When you turn the game on you have to go in the backbox and push the button on the board and the lights will come on. As long as no harness issue. Is your topper on? And did you update to the new code?
[quoted image]

I tried this however it did not turn the action, topper or speaker lights on. The odd part is it was working then it stopped then after reboot it all worked now no amount of reboots get those lights on. Any thoughts?

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I tried this however it did not turn the action, topper or speaker lights on. The odd part is it was working then it stopped then after reboot it all worked now no amount of reboots get those lights on. Any thoughts?

Try pressing the button on the board when it’s on and then restart it. Also make sure the left rear upper switch is not closed on the back of the upper playfield. Go to switch test and make sure it’s not closed.

When I put mine back on after receiving the part I needed, it was closed. So action, launch, and I believe possibly the speakers and topper would not come on.

#1860 1 year ago

Question, during modes, are some of the switches on lower playfield do not activate. Not in a mode and those shots when finger print inserts flash white to quality a mode works fine. Also in switch test they work when I roll the ball.

Happened with creeper, black knight, and kooky space ghost for me so far. From one to four shots not registering.

2E96DFB7-F727-4D89-8906-4B7B1B8705E3 (resized).jpeg2E96DFB7-F727-4D89-8906-4B7B1B8705E3 (resized).jpeg
#1861 1 year ago

Man the playfield lighting on this game is some of the best I’ve seen on any pin to date. Give me JJP GnR vibes.

#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Man the playfield lighting on this game is some of the best I’ve seen on any pin to date. Give me JJP GnR vibes.

Hoping someone might help me to experience this. Since it's sat , and spooky is out supporting the pin show down south I'll ask here.

Got scooby set up last night turned it on and no main playfield or sling lights. Also no topper lights. Opened it up and start reseating the light cables. noticed when I unplugged this one the right side of playfield would light up.

When I plugged it back in where it was right side of playfield lights would fade to orange red and go out again. Unplug right side back on again.

Left side of playfield lights never come on along with topper.

Game looks fantastic, and hopefully this will be only hiccup. Played a game anyways and everything else seems to work well but with no lights not sure what to shoot for.

I'll call spooky mon, but til then open to suggestions.

Thanks

20230310_223414 (resized).jpg20230310_223414 (resized).jpg
#1863 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Pictures absolutely do this game NO justice IMO. At the Louisville show this game blew me away with how beautiful it was, and the light shows are mind blowing. I am a fan for sure, look forward to playing more today.

#1864 1 year ago
Quoted from F__U:

Hoping someone might help me to experience this. Since it's sat , and spooky is out supporting the pin show down south I'll ask here.
Got scooby set up last night turned it on and no main playfield or sling lights. Also no topper lights. Opened it up and start reseating the light cables. noticed when I unplugged this one the right side of playfield would light up.
When I plugged it back in where it was right side of playfield lights would fade to orange red and go out again. Unplug right side back on again.
Left side of playfield lights never come on along with topper.
Game looks fantastic, and hopefully this will be only hiccup. Played a game anyways and everything else seems to work well but with no lights not sure what to shoot for.
I'll call spooky mon, but til then open to suggestions.
Thanks[quoted image]

Send an email over to service today! I'll shoot him a message and ask him to lend ya a hand!

#1865 1 year ago

With all the Scooby Doo released in the wild, it’s making me super excited for this machine. Light show looks amazing and the codes seems further along then previous titles.
Looks like April will be the month for my machine so I will have to get my doobie snacks ready… oh I mean Scooby snacks.

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

With all the Scooby Doo released in the wild, it’s making me super excited for this machine. Light show looks amazing and the codes seems further along then previous titles.
Looks like April will be the month for my machine so I will have to get my doobie snacks ready… oh I mean Scooby snacks.

Doobie/Scooby all good.

#1868 1 year ago

Will do an actual review and ratings/comments after we actually have the game for a while. Went to Crazy Martins and we got about 10 games in. It was middle of the day on Thursday so not a lot of traffic, but those that came in played Scooby. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Had absolutely NO issues while playing, and shop staff said it was good right out the box. No idea how difficult they had it set, but I eventually got a high score of 1.5 mil for myself. The husband…a much better player :?had a high score in the 5 mil area. Game and lights are amazing. I love what Scooby does with their lights. The toys/figures on this machine look terrific. They almost have a retro plastic Aurora classic monster model look that older players may remember. Certainly appropriate for this game. Took a few minutes to figure out how balls got to the upper playfield and how the bookcase worked. Once you do, however, it turns the upper playfield into a terrific game play area IMO. Thinking once I get my bearings a bit better I’ll be able to keep the ball up there longer. The bookcase is one of my favorite things about the game. The mystery van ball locks aren’t horrible to get, and once I learn the modes a bit better I’ll do a bit better. Helped to have someone along that kind of read as I was playing and directing my play a bit. The husband is a much more intuitive player. I’m more a “keep your flippers going and pray” player for quite a while when learning a game. Both of us loved this game. Spooky makes great looking, unique games that really do stand out for us personally. I know as code progresses this game will certainly live up to even its earliest accolades. It was nice to revisit many of the Spooky game lineup at Crazy Martins and realize how this company has steadily progressed and IMO continues to impress and set itself apart. Definitely looking forward to our Scooby and NOT AT ALL CONCERNED with where this game is headed.

#1869 1 year ago

I would suggest waiting to drop reviews on this game until the code is done. Probably better to do it this time next year.

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would suggest waiting to drop reviews on this game until the code is done. Probably better to do it this time next year.

I guess I understand where you are coming from, but that would be a lot of waiting. Perhaps you meant until the code was a bit more progressed. I’d certainly see that as the case for an actual ratings review (although those can be updated as well) but I’ve appreciated some of the game play reviews here. Halloween is still updating code as is Deadpool (the only two I can definitively speak to). I would hate to have seen no reviews on those games.

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Will do an actual review and ratings/comments after we actually have the game for a while…

Awesome! Appreciate the first impression and glad you guys had fun!

#1872 1 year ago

No I meant when it’s done. At least feature complete. Because then you have to go back and update an early review for more progressed code. Rate it now, and your critiques might be NA due to code updates.

#1873 1 year ago

Curious how often you think people hold back an initial opinion here on pinside?

#1874 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Curious how often you think people hold back an initial opinion here on pinside?

Rarely if ever. I might be the only one. Haha. Can’t hurt to try and get others to join the patience party!

#1875 1 year ago

Even before code is complete you can get feedback on average ball times, how it feels to shoot, etc.

Some initial stuff I have read is that it might be a bit on the easy side. Don't know though if that means avg ball times are long, code is still early/shallow or both.

For peeps who have their games, where are the outlane set out of the box?

#1876 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Even before code is complete you can get feedback on average ball times, how it feels to shoot, etc.
Some initial stuff I have read is that it might be a bit on the easy side. Don't know though if that means avg ball times are long, code is still early/shallow or both.

I thought we squashed the "too easy" thing when they streamed the one setup for tournament play and it was kicking even great player's asses?

#1877 1 year ago

Stock is way to easy to keep the ball alive for sure. But it can be made way hard really quick.

#1878 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

On my game, they were set to the most narrow position. I plan to widen them.

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Send an email over to service today! I'll shoot him a message and ask him to lend ya a hand!

Above and beyond!! Very impressive continued service. I for one really appreciate the Spooky team continuing to come on here and offering literally instant help when you don’t have to do any of that.

#1880 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disagree with you on this one. I’m a nerd. I play video games - a lot of which are released with early code and a bunch of bugs. Those early reviews let me know if I’m going to take the plunge (ha!) early or wait it out. I also think common themes in early reviews can help developers tweak features in future updates.

That’s leaving out all of the other things in pinball that don’t change with code - like artwork and playfield geometry. So I say early reviews are cool - but definitely should be done in a way that acknowledges it’s an unfinished package.

Edit: *after I wrote this I saw a post on the hype thread where a guy “blew up” Scooby and said he’s selling it. I’m picking up what you’re putting down chuckwurt

#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Where the outlane posts are set has a huge impact on ball times. Really have to move the posts down and open up the outlanes on location, otherwise the game plays way too long. Might be too hard for casual players with the posts moved all the way down, though. Almost need a middle post setting.

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Disagree with you on this one. I’m a nerd. I play video games - a lot of which are released with early code and a bunch of bugs. Those early reviews let me know if I’m going to take the plunge (ha!) early or wait it out. I also think common themes in early reviews can help developers tweak features in future updates.
That’s leaving out all of the other things in pinball that don’t change with code - like artwork and playfield geometry. So I say early reviews are cool - but definitely should be done in a way that acknowledges it’s an unfinished package.
Edit: *after I wrote this I saw a post on the hype thread where a guy “blew up” Scooby and said he’s selling it. I’m picking up what you’re putting down chuckwurt

Yeah if you do an early review and have caveats in it, and go back and update later with more time on it/finished code, great. I just like to review a game once. So I wait. Haha

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I saw that as well…way too early for that kind of thing.

#1884 1 year ago

#162 invoice paid, I'm officially hyped!

#1885 1 year ago

#153 invoice paid!

#1886 1 year ago

Scooby #97 is up and running. Beautiful game. No issues to report! Love the Spooky innovation! (Ok, I know I’ve said it before)

Lots of gameplay and mysteries to figure out…time to enjoy!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1887 1 year ago

Here are some better pics of the Rocket City Pinball 3D start button.

Which puts a big cartoony flower on the costume of an evil clown.
When you press it does the flower squirt water at you?
squirting flower (resized).jpgsquirting flower (resized).jpg

#1888 1 year ago

Invoice paid for #181!

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

[quoted image]

Nope and it’s actually the hubcap from the mystery machine.

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

[quoted image]

Still not funny the second time. It’s the hubcap from the mystery machine. Next

#1891 1 year ago

Question, during modes, are some of the switches on lower playfield do not activate. Not in a mode and those shots when finger print inserts flash white to quality a mode works fine. Also in switch test they work when I roll the ball.
Happened with creeper, black knight, and kooky space ghost for me so far. From one to four shots not registering.
[quoted image]

Will ask again. Anyone else having this issue?

#1892 1 year ago

Just got my invoice this morning, paid like five minutes after seeing it.

I called the back to make sure they didn't try to flag it as suspicious.

Damn, now I REALLY need to get my space cleaned up!

#1893 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Mine were set wide when I received it, weird. I usually end up setting most games to the widest outlines anyway.

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Where the outlane posts are set has a huge impact on ball times. Really have to move the posts down and open up the outlanes on location, otherwise the game plays way too long. Might be too hard for casual players with the posts moved all the way down, though. Almost need a middle post setting.

One side wide open and one in the narrowest position might be a good comprimise? Then you can curse the open side like the left outlane of nearly any John Borg designed Stern game!

#1895 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

One side wide open and one in the narrowest position might be a good comprimise? Then you can curse the open side like the left outlane of nearly any John Borg designed Stern game!

Getting BORG'D turned so many people off of TMNT from what I've heard, which is understandable. I think it was wise for Spooky to start off easier and make it adjustable for variety and approachability. Satisifies almost everyone. I think everyone has seen both ends of the spectrum now, where people are doing really well, or, when set differently, getting nuked.

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Then you can curse the open side like the left outlane of nearly any John Borg designed Stern game!

The worst is GotG when the magnet actually throws it into the left outlane after exiting the orb.

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Scooby #97 is up and running. Beautiful game. No issues to report! Love the Spooky innovation! (Ok, I know I’ve said it before)
Lots of gameplay and mysteries to figure out…time to enjoy!!!
[quoted image]

I really appreciate you guys making the effort to post a positive report when a game comes out of the box perfect. Most times I think when a game comes out of the box 100% correct you never hear a dang word because people are just happy and playing the game. When you only see the issues it becomes pretty overwhelming for alot of people to see.

#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I really appreciate you guys making the effort to post a positive report when a game comes out of the box perfect. Most times I think when a game comes out of the box 100% correct you never hear a dang word because people are just happy and playing the game. When you only see the issues it becomes pretty overwhelming for alot of people to see.

Psychologically it also takes 5 positive reviews to offset 1 negative review so keep them coming!

#1899 1 year ago

I look on here and notice some invoices have been sent out. Just looked at my email and there it was. SD #152 is paid up.

#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I look on here and notice some invoices have been sent out. Just looked at my email and there it was. SD #152 is paid up.

Did the same with #179. This is moving right along.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/38?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.