(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,653 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Pinstym
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6192 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
ring (resized).jpg
IMG_3763 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 234.
#1551 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think Stern’s final public test was Gomez’s Avengers (movie-based with Tesseract). The online opinions were so negative, it may have had an affect on sales. No more public tests after that.

Yeah the review crew could be pretty brutal, but they were fair. Avengers wasn't very good.

#1552 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Does anyone know what the latest unit number shipped was? I have to be right around the corner.

My #79 shipped out today with delivery on Friday. I’m very excited to see how it goes!

#1553 1 year ago

#36 CE set up at home today.
Zero issues out of the box.
Plays great, now if I can only get the wife off of it
Petri loves it too.

80D611B1-A41B-4692-9735-98C2363929BF (resized).jpeg80D611B1-A41B-4692-9735-98C2363929BF (resized).jpeg85B0790C-7811-4326-BB49-283EDDD98665 (resized).jpeg85B0790C-7811-4326-BB49-283EDDD98665 (resized).jpeg
#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

#36 CE set up at home today.
Zero issues out of the box.
Plays great, now if I can only get the wife off of it
Petri loves it too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

NOICE!!!! We have similar taste in pins...curious how you like the upper compared to TSPP?

#1555 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My Halloween has had zero issues. #132

My HWN has been reliable too. I've had to make some adjustments to the drop target bank after hundreds of plays, but I haven't even needed to raise the playfield aside from that. It's been a tank right out of the box.

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

NOICE!!!! We have similar taste in pins...curious how you like the upper compared to TSPP?

This one is huge to start with.
Tons more to do up their on this one.
More shots with the left flipper as well.
Takes a bit of getting used too, but cool to use.

Fun game so far, it will be a really good game when finished coding.

#1557 1 year ago

Wow, a lot going on in this thread the past 24 hours. No shirtless pics, but a lot of muscle flexing and game #32 discussion.

#1558 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

This one is huge to start with.
Tons more to do up their on this one.
More shots with the left flipper as well.
Takes a bit of getting used too, but cool to use.
Fun game so far, it will be a really good game when finished coding.

Thanks for the report!

#1559 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Hopefully it makes for the best possible product for everyone. That would be a positive result.

Or you know, don’t be a jerk. There’s constructive criticism, then there’s trolling. I’ve had tons of conversations with manufacturers that have left to positive results. There’s a right way to do things.

#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Awesome will have to check it out soon!

I’ll join ya!

#1561 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or you know, don’t be a jerk. There’s constructive criticism, then there’s trolling. I’ve had tons of conversations with manufacturers that have left to positive results. There’s a right way to do things.

I am all for people expressing problems and concerns along with the good things. Not everything is perfect especially in pinball. If a owner wants to ask for help or even bitch about a game so be it that is there right.

#1562 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

I am all for people expressing problems and concerns along with the good things. Not everything is perfect especially in pinball. If a owner wants to ask for help or even bitch about a game so be it that is there right.

I don't mind owners posting issues as a way of helping others, but I do have a problem if it's done in a negative way or attacking other owners.

And I have a very low tolerance for non-owners in the club thread stirring up crap.

#1563 1 year ago

Feels like pinside became twitter all of a sudden.

#1564 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

We’re clearly not seeing eye to eye. You think trolling is okay. That’s fine, but lots of us don’t agree with it. You can go about your game issues however you like.

#1565 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We’re clearly not seeing eye to eye. You think trolling is okay. That’s fine, but lots of us don’t agree with it. You can go about your game issues however you like.

Not what I said

#1566 1 year ago

Stop with the back and forth on the same topic. Let it go. Direct message each other if you feel the need to keep going on about it.

#1567 1 year ago

Something to chew on if you have not seen this already.

#1568 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

No it’s just jerk on her who think I should not post any issues and email spooky only. I posted on her to get some help and also point out problems so Spooky can see the issues. Yes I was stressed and my daughter just had brain surgery last Wednesday and I wanted her to be able to play it before she went in.
Then I had some more issues to deal with that made it unplayable like a ground wire that was only hanging on by one strand of wire apparently and I had no idea where it went to because the action button, launch button, and right flippers would not work.
The green habitrail ended up tweaked when put in the ball would get stuck.
One of the coin reject buttons LED light socket ground wire was not soldered on.
The start button did not have an LED in it.
The launch button LED was dead.
The rear left microswitch was missing the threaded end bracket to screw it to the bracket, so it was hanging down.
The right upper flipper was down too low causing the ball to get stuck on the upper playfield. Was not fun tightening that down but figured it out myself on what needs to be done.
My point is this stuff should have been caught at the factory and I was told they were trying to get the game out. Even though mine was born on 12-22-2022.
I love the game and I support spooky, but this was things that should have been caught. Down vote me anyone if you want. Just don’t be a fanboy or try to make me look like I hate spooky. I paid over $10k for the game, but if Stern had issues like this you wouldn’t tell me just to email Stern.
Owners threads are to report problems and possibly solutions to them. And also any code issues, which I did and still got down voted by a troll.
Enjoy your game everyone.

I agree, and at least you have the skills to fix the issues.
A lot of us don't have the time, patience and skill required to address all the problems you had to.
Honestly, with all the health issues your family has been dealing with, I am amazed you have remained as composed as you have. I probably would of had a melt down and shipped the game back. Nobody is questioning the support Spooky provides, it's just baffling how some of this issues made it past quality control.

Also, didn't Spooky say they hold the first 50 games longer before shipping to go extra over it for quality control?

#1569 1 year ago

Ugh

5DDF93FE-66B6-4119-8DFD-CEAC9ADB1294.gif5DDF93FE-66B6-4119-8DFD-CEAC9ADB1294.gif
#1570 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Something to chew on if you have not seen this already.

I watched this yesterday when a friend sent it to me. I think it looks pretty darn good. Ball got stuck a couple times by the drop targets, but Spooky was in the live chat and reiterated that they'll be updating the code in a way that will eliminate 99% of that problem.

I think the gameplay looked amazing and fun. I do wonder if Spooky will have to code a time limit in the upper playfield. Especially if they want this game to be in tournaments. Looks like you can keep the ball up there almost forever if you want to

#1571 1 year ago

Really wondering what number we are up to. Have we hit 100 yet? (trying desperately the change the subject)

#1572 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

I watched this yesterday when a friend sent it to me. I think it looks pretty darn good. Ball got stuck a couple times by the drop targets, but Spooky was in the live chat and reiterated that they'll be updating the code in a way that will eliminate 99% of that problem.
I think the gameplay looked amazing and fun. I do wonder if Spooky will have to code a time limit in the upper playfield. Especially if they want this game to be in tournaments. Looks like you can keep the ball up there almost forever if you want to

Karl always does a great stream. I can always translate parts of his videos into my gameplay. He is a great player.

#1573 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Really wondering what number we are up to. Have we hit 100 yet? (trying desperately the change the subject)

I am ready to get this Mystery machine in my arcade. I am 152 so the wait should be just about over.
The IE pinball stream was great. I have watched it like five times.

#1574 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I am ready to get this Mystery machine in my arcade. I am 152 so the wait should be just about over.
The IE pinball stream was great. I have watched it like five times.

#149. Anticipating mid/late April. I’m OK with a bit later…we don’t have a lot of games but trying to decide the lineup. A little extra time to decide and maybe do a bit of reno in the space. Have Halloween on the end right now because it’s a beautiful cabinet, but Scooby may win that spot. Also a great looking game

#1575 1 year ago
Quoted from kevster:

They could go about it a few ways. They could have the bookcase flipper disabled at certain times, they could just devalue all upper PF points when it's not necessary (probably the best/easiest solution), or they could have a timer. But if you did the timer idea, getting back up there is just one flip away.

#1576 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

Yeah, its probably all just shipping damage from jostling around.
Those 12 holes drilled in your playfield, that cracked mystery van, Those wires that weren't soldered on properly... shipping damage.
Just relax if your $11k new pinball doesnt work. RELAX! It's not a big deal! Just like if you bought a new car and you couldn't drive it. It's OK. Just relax!
The apologists on this thread are amazing. Are y'all getting team games or what?

Apparently reading is a challenge for you. I said SOME not ALL... You are aware there is a difference there? Good lord...

#1577 1 year ago

I’ll say this and stand by it.

I can’t wait to see Velma’s “lost my glasses mode”

As you were

#1578 1 year ago

Ok one other thing…

If people take delivery and have issues it would be super groovy if they could:

1.). Contact Spooky first

2.). Post here about it if current or future owners would find the information helpful. If not, vent to your wife or if she scares you your dog. If you don’t have a wife or a dog, maybe just have a pint.

This thread took a serious dive into the weeds, although given this point in the run I’m not entirely surprised. This story has played out on other “early run” purchases (fancy car) I’ve made before. It’s no fun when it’s you but it does happen sometimes when you’re on the pointy end.

#1579 1 year ago

As Scooby is my 1st Spooky pin, I wasn’t sure what to expect with flipper feel, sound etc. specially with the new Warden system. Happy to report that flippers are plenty strong and snappy. I have my game pitched between 7-7.2 and it plays fast. I’ve actually been dialing back the lower flippers’ high power a bit. Upper bookcase flipper high power I inched up just a little.

Sound was a little low out of the box, but adjusting the amp is all it takes. Nice and crisp.
Light show is top notch. Update process is super simple.

Been playing the past few days and enjoying the villain modes a ton! Cannot wait to see when more modes / features are added. Don’t get discouraged everyone. Playing Scooby will put a smile on your face.

#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ok one other thing…
If people take delivery and have issues it would be super groovy if they maybe just have a pint.

Here’s to you Scooby-Doo
04CBAB27-3A9A-4EC7-84BD-AD46BA313B28.gif04CBAB27-3A9A-4EC7-84BD-AD46BA313B28.gif

#1581 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

#149. Anticipating mid/late April. I’m OK with a bit later…we don’t have a lot of games but trying to decide the lineup. A little extra time to decide and maybe do a bit of reno in the space. Have Halloween on the end right now because it’s a beautiful cabinet, but Scooby may win that spot. Also a great looking game

Actually, number 179. Perhaps a bit quick on the draw. Ha ha hope I didn’t or don’t cause the actual number 149 anxiety. Sorry about that.

#1582 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Ok one other thing…
If people take delivery and have issues it would be super groovy if they could:
1.). Contact Spooky first
2.). Post here about it if current or future owners would find the information helpful. If not, vent to your wife or if she scares you your dog. If you don’t have a wife or a dog, maybe just have a pint.
This thread took a serious dive into the weeds, although given this point in the run I’m not entirely surprised. This story has played out on other “early run” purchases (fancy car) I’ve made before. It’s no fun when it’s you but it does happen sometimes when you’re on the pointy end.

No need to bubble wrap the owners thread. Owners can do as they see fit. They paid to play and have every right to post issues and concerns.

#1583 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Paid for #111 on 2/15 and haven't heard anything since, but I wasn't expecting to until at least this week so fingers are crossed it's soon!

#1584 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Still waiting on #61 with no communication from Spooky. I reached out and received zero information in the response from Morgan. I was told I would receive an email Monday with information but like my past experiences, no email received.

I’ve had nothing but bad experiences over the past 12 months trying get parts (two items months apart were available but it took me following up multiple times over the course of months to get the invoices sent and items shipped. No idea why I thought this would be any different.

Just to clarify, I just want some consistent form of communication. If a game or item is delayed, that’s fine, but the lack of communication is beyond unprofessional.

#1585 1 year ago

Just received notice that #97 is ready to ship. I’ll post again when received. No butter on 97.

#1586 1 year ago
Quoted from RoxasUrSoxas:

Paid for #111 on 2/15 and haven't heard anything since, but I wasn't expecting to until at least this week so fingers are crossed it's soon!

Butter?

#1588 1 year ago

Hmm peculiar

#1589 1 year ago

I had asked Morgan about this and she said some distros collect cash before Spooky asks for it. The #61 game is a little surprising to me. Maybe spam folder got the updates? I got a call from the shipping company the same day Spooky said it shipped. I’m sure a phone call will get it sorted for that one.

#1590 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Just received notice that #97 is ready to ship. I’ll post again when received. No butter on 97.

One spot below you. Hopefully that email comes soon

#1591 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

I had asked Morgan about this and she said some distros collect cash before Spooky asks for it. The #61 game is a little surprising to me. Maybe spam folder got the updates? I got a call from the shipping company the same day Spooky said it shipped. I’m sure a phone call will get it sorted for that one.

Nope, nothing to do with Spam. She replied on Friday claiming that she’d follow up on Monday.

There has been a consistent pattern of Morgan not following up/ through on my parts orders over the past year. I should not have to call nor consistently keep on top of Spooky to get parts or games. They are a business and should run like one. If they want to call me and communicate that is fine but they have told me multiple time in person that email is best for orders.

#1592 1 year ago

Is anyone unboxing a game tonight or this week? Would love to hear some feedback from you!

#1593 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I agree, and at least you have the skills to fix the issues.
A lot of us don't have the time, patience and skill required to address all the problems you had to.
Honestly, with all the health issues your family has been dealing with, I am amazed you have remained as composed as you have. I probably would of had a melt down and shipped the game back. Nobody is questioning the support Spooky provides, it's just baffling how some of this issues made it past quality control.
Also, didn't Spooky say they hold the first 50 games longer before shipping to go extra over it for quality control?

This will be the last time I say anything. I appreciate your comments. I also have health problems myself. And thanks to the people who down voted your post. I wish I could say everything was perfect and worked right out of the box.

But it didn’t. Issues that were clearly missed and should not have been. How anyone can give me crap for posting my issues is beyond me.

I never hated on the pin or Spooky. Clearly the QC was not there on my game. The ball getting stuck on the green habit rail, the upper playfield right flipper down too low, no LED in the start button, dead LED in the launch button, and coin reject ground wire for LED not soldered on.

There was no way my game went through a final QC check considering the first 50 games were supposedly tested and held back to see if any problems.

I have been a supporter for this game before Halloween even came out and been one of the biggest supporters for this game, more than most of you.

So what’s the point of an owners thread if you can’t post issues but say only how awesome it is? I never said ANYTHING malicious towards spooky. But just stating that my game should have never shipped with the problems I have had.

I would love to hear any of you to prove me wrong. If Stern did this you would be all over them for it and say typical Stern QC. Some of you are real hypocrites.

*and also the ground wire that was pretty much cut and barely soldered that came off that knocked out my action, launch, and left flippers making them inoperable.*

I love my Scooby Doo pin. Bolted to the floor.

#1594 1 year ago

Got #80 yesterday and after a tumultuous endeavor to get it into my house, it’s all set up and I couldn’t be happier.

This is my first machine and I’m sure some of the more veteran owners/players would find something that’s not up to par, but from my “I just want to play this game and have fun”-perspective, its checking all the boxes.

Can’t wait to play it more and excited for future updates to come!

#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

This will be the last time I say anything. I appreciate your comments. I also have health problems myself. And thanks to the people who down voted your post. I wish I could say everything was perfect and worked right out of the box.
But it didn’t. Issues that were clearly missed and should not have been. How anyone can give me crap for posting my issues is beyond me.
I never hated on the pin or Spooky. Clearly the QC was not there on my game. The ball getting stuck on the green habit rail, the upper playfield right flipper down too low, no LED in the start button, dead LED in the launch button, and coin reject ground wire for LED not soldered on.
There was no way my game went through a final QC check considering the first 50 games were supposedly tested and held back to see if any problems.
I have been a supporter for this game before Halloween even came out and been one of the biggest supporters for this game, more than most of you.
So what’s the point of an owners thread if you can’t post issues but say only how awesome it is? I never said ANYTHING malicious towards spooky. But just stating that my game should have never shipped with the problems I have had.
I would love to hear any of you to prove me wrong. If Stern did this you would be all over them for it and say typical Stern QC. Some of you are real hypocrites.

This calls for a cow beating

13827B77-7D77-4E2E-8A74-BCFF0DB7733B.gif13827B77-7D77-4E2E-8A74-BCFF0DB7733B.gif

#1596 1 year ago
Quoted from FlipperMensch:

Got #80 yesterday and after a tumultuous endeavor to get it into my house, it’s all set up and I couldn’t be happier.
This is my first machine and I’m sure some of the more veteran owners/players would find something that’s not up to par, but from my “I just want to play this game and have fun”-perspective, its checking all the boxes.
Can’t wait to play it more and excited for future updates to come!

Congrats on getting started with this highly addictive hobby. Good to hear all went well and you are up and running.

#1597 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I have my game pitched between 7-7.2 and it plays fast. I’ve actually been dialing back the lower flippers’ high power a bit. Upper bookcase flipper high power I inched up just a little.

Gotta admit I'm jealous of your ability to do this... we HWN folks are stuck with the modern equivalent of Data East Pulverizers, until they overheat and turn into limp dick. I know NZ Matt has his hands full but this is really irritating having to wait 1.5 years for basic features.

#1598 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Gotta admit I'm jealous of your ability to do this... we HWN folks are stuck with the modern equivalent of Data East Pulverizers, until they overheat and turn into limp dick. I know NZ Matt has his hands full but this is really irritating having to wait 1.5 years for basic features.

The flippers don't have adjustable power on HWN ? I figured that was pretty standard on most any newer LCD era pin. I've never owned a Spooky before though...

#1599 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Here’s to you Scooby-Doo
[quoted image]

Always appreciate your on point video clips!!! THANK YOU!!!!

#1600 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The flippers don't have adjustable power on HWN ?

Power, and many other basic settings were NOT in UM/HWN until this most recent update. So for the last couple of years there was no power (or any other) adjustments available. Now they are all there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 23.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 14.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,653 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 234.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/32?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.