(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 233.
#1501 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I totally get where this guy is coming from. He got a fucking lemon from spooky and all you spooky apologists are shitting on him because he's posting about it. Thats wrong guys.
If this were my game, I'd have driven it to benton (no matter how far away it was) and thrown it through their showroom window at 1am.

THIS ^^^ Also

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from adborto:

I feel bad for him too. There is not harm in sharing his story. If anything it is helpful.

Thank you. That’s why I posted. Only thing I was critical on was that my game should never had been shipped with all those issues. I never said I hate Scooby and this pin is trash.

Nor did I say I wish I never bought it. I posted videos of my wife, two daughters, and myself playing it. Sad some people can’t be objectionable, but just be pure fan boys and apologist.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And here is f*cking d0n again shitting in every thread he cares to visit, trying to drum up hysteria, and being protected by mods.

It breaks the site as well. Will say 5 new posts and you click that to load them, and it just refreshes and says 5 new posts, never loads. Refreshing the page doesn't fix it, you have to click an earlier page then click back. All this to protect someone who insists on acting childish. Worst "feature" on the site.

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thank you. That’s why I posted. Only thing I was critical on was that my game should never had been shipped with all those issues. I never said I hate Scooby and this pin is trash.
Nor did I say I wish I never bought it. I posted videos of my wife, two daughters, and myself playing it. Sad some people can’t be objectionable, but just be pure fan boys and apologist.

It honestly looks worse for Spooky when people try to push back on people with QC issues. It is a pinball machine.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

It honestly looks worse for Spooky when people try to push back on people with QC issues. It is a pinball machine.

#1506 1 year ago

Sad some people can’t be objectionable, but just be pure fan boys and apologist.

when you're in spookys pocket like some are here in this thread, you have no choice. You must obey and defend the mothership at all cost lest you not get another early "team game".

#1507 1 year ago

It’s the excessive posting that puts a damper on the thread. You alone are nearly 10% of this thread and that’s just too much. I’m not being a fanboy, I personally think you’ve made this game release and this thread all about you.

Also, im not surprised all the biggest pinside trolls are now showing up in the owners thread to help pile on.

#1508 1 year ago

Just kind of a shame someone is dominating the discussion again tonight either by posting himself or having people respond to his post. I don’t consider myself a “jerk” or an “apologist”. NOR do I necessarily mind folks sharing thoughtful/considered/helpful comments. We do take note of many of those to help with easy fixes. It’s just that some folks are exhausting. BK78, himself, shared in the Halloween Owners thread post #2516 “You being an early buyer you know you are the beta tester and you know you will have issues…buying early can be full of issues and that’s why I opted to get a later run”. Sorry I had to go there but several posts had commented on his commentary in Halloween and I just had to check for myself.

#1509 1 year ago

The level of absolute dramatic bullshit in here is hilarious, keep it coming. I’ll be waiting for my mid run Scooby without any sweat rolling off my brow.

Also, you know what I do when I have an issue with a Spooky game? I call them, get a solve and THEN I POST ABOUT IT for others.

#1510 1 year ago

FYI - Game settings do not persist after update, so if you’re operating a game (like me) be sure to take the game off free play, set pricing values again, and any other settings you may have. For example we set coil launch power to 90%.

#1511 1 year ago

Wow, this thread went south fast this evening!

Screenshot_20230306_200807_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230306_200807_Brave (resized).jpg
#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

FYI - Game settings do not persist after update, so if you’re operating a game (like me) be sure to take the game off free play, set pricing values again, and any other settings you may have. For example we set coil launch power to 90%.

This will be addressed in the next update!

#1513 1 year ago

I had to look. Is this the hype thread or the club thread…at this point…there’s no difference and the moderators should change this and stop it as a club thread…IMO

#1514 1 year ago

Getting my game tomorrow!!! Pumped to get it all setup and playing. This was a family game purchase to get my son into pinball when he gets older. I am happy to support a smaller company and Midwest business. Hoping to avoid any issues but understand the territory I entered buying early.

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

It’s the excessive posting that puts a damper on the thread. You alone are nearly 10% of this thread and that’s just too much. I’m not being a fanboy, I personally think you’ve made this game release and this thread all about you.
Also, im not surprised all the biggest pinside trolls are now showing up in the owners thread to help pile on.

You can scroll past.

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

You can scroll past.

Not if you're in spooky's pocket you can't. You must defend at all cost.

#1517 1 year ago

Going to put my .02 in on this. This is my first Spooky pin I have ordered. For those that think Spooky is sending these out intentionally with issues and saying screw it, yall have lost your damn minds. They care about there product. If they didn't, we wouldn't have the responses on this forum like we do. They are always jumping on here trying to rectify the problem. If they wanted to just keep sending them out with issues, I am sure they would and I could guarantee you wouldn't see them on this forum.

When I bought my NIB Wonka, as soon as I got it set up the dang Gobstopper gobble hole wasn't working due to being over tightened. Also the diverter wasn't working properly due to the ball guide being laid over too much. I can tell you with certainty, no one tested my game at JJP.

I am not making excuses for the issues at hand. Yes they shouldn't have left the factory that way. Trying to single them out as the only ones is crazy. I believe the problem is a compound of issues. Mostly young growing pains. I think they are trying to do what they feel is right and trying to get everyone's game out quickly (because we are all impatient) and skipped some checks and balances. I could be wrong but I truly believe they have realized that was a mistake.

Sure I hope my game comes in fully working but if it doesn't, I am not worried. Shit happens but at least they are trying to make it right. I am all in supporting someone even in their low points if they are trying their best.

#1518 1 year ago

Please let us all know if there is a loose screw or a bad solder continually over the course of twenty full pages on the club thread please. VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Quoted from BKPitmaster:

Getting my game tomorrow!!! Pumped to get it all setup and playing. This was a family game purchase to get my son into pinball when he gets older. I am happy to support a smaller company and Midwest business. Hoping to avoid any issues but understand the territory I entered buying early.

#1519 1 year ago

JUST SEND IT!

trying to get everyone's game out quickly (because we are all impatient) and skipped some checks and balances. I could be wrong but I truly believe they have realized that was a mistake.

#1520 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And here is f*cking d0n again shitting in every thread he cares to visit, trying to drum up hysteria, and being protected by mods.

If only there was a way to stop all this. Hmmmmm. Hint. I haven’t seen them post in years.

#1521 1 year ago
#1522 1 year ago

Stern shill says what?

Quoted from d0n:

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Going to put my .02 in on this. This is my first Spooky pin I have ordered. For those that think Spooky is sending these out intentionally with issues and saying screw it, yall have lost your damn minds. They care about there product. If they didn't, we wouldn't have the responses on this forum like we do. They are always jumping on here trying to rectify the problem. If they wanted to just keep sending them out with issues, I am sure they would and I could guarantee you wouldn't see them on this forum.
When I bought my NIB Wonka, as soon as I got it set up the dang Gobstopper gobble hole wasn't working due to being over tightened. Also the diverter wasn't working properly due to the ball guide being laid over too much. I can tell you with certainty, no one tested my game at JJP.
I am not making excuses for the issues at hand. Yes they shouldn't have left the factory that way. Trying to single them out as the only ones is crazy. I believe the problem is a compound of issues. Mostly young growing pains. I think they are trying to do what they feel is right and trying to get everyone's game out quickly (because we are all impatient) and skipped some checks and balances. I could be wrong but I truly believe they have realized that was a mistake.
Sure I hope my game comes in fully working but if it doesn't, I am not worried. Shit happens but at least they are trying to make it right. I am all in supporting someone even in their low points if they are trying their best.

Maybe stop line and fix it. If the QC is cleaned up the talk stops. It is not just Scooby the past games have had a track record also.
Spooky is in the thread so the info is most likely being absorbed. That can be a good thing.

#1524 1 year ago

Is there a Scooby on location near Cincinnati yet?

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is there a Scooby on location near Cincinnati yet?

I understand Crazy Martins in Piqua has it. They have 6 or 7 Spooky games there. It’s basically a paraphernalia store with a pinball area. May be making a couple hour trip ourselves to play there later this week. Probably about an hour and a half from Cinci. Hope this helps.

#1526 1 year ago

Just checked Facebook. Crazy Martin’s does in fact have Scooby. It’s a great place! Been there before. Games well maintained

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

That is a manufacturers problem. There are many ways to do something wrong.
There is only one way to do something right.

You sound like my civics teacher in HS. He had crafted a test question, "How would you know how your congressman voted?" he was very proud of.

The answer he was looking for was "A roll call vote." The also-right answer I gave was, "A unanimous vote." He had not thought of this and could not process that his question was not perfectly formed to only have a single correct answer. So, even though my answer was 100% correct also, he marked it wrong because it didn't match his mental template for the test.

There can be more than one way to do something right and achieve the correct outcome. Not always, but not infrequently.

#1528 1 year ago

On a positive note.

My Halloween has had zero issues. #132

Same number for Scooby coming soon. Paid up and ready to go.

Making Pinball is really hard.

Making all Pinheads happy is impossible.

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You sound like my civics teacher in HS. He had crafted a test question, "How would you know how your congressman voted?" he was very proud of.
The answer he was looking for was "A roll call vote." The also-right answer I gave was, "A unanimous vote." He had not thought of this and could not process that his question was not perfectly formed to only have a single correct answer. So, even though my answer was 100% correct also, he marked it wrong because it didn't match his mental template for the test.
There can be more than one way to do something right and achieve the correct outcome. Not always, but not infrequently.

Good story! Let's try this.

As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way.

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On a positive note.

Idk man. I’m a pinhead and I’m happy with a free play machine and a beer/whiskey next to me. Pretty simply if you ask me. Maybe they should start shipping a bottle of Buffalo Trace with the games so everyone can lighten up.

#1531 1 year ago

Just chiming in that I have a Halloween as my first ever machine. It hasn’t been perfect but the issues have been incredibly minor. All of you that ordered Scooby will 1) get an awesome and unique machine and 2) be in good hands.

My Halloween looks like an art piece next to my sterns and plays so different, that’s why I love it.

#1532 1 year ago

New best avatar! I’m back in on a SD

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

when you're in spookys pocket like some are here in this thread, you have no choice. You must obey and defend the mothership at all cost lest you not get another early "team game".
Notice the person posting right after me. The biggest spooky apologist ever. Why because he gets the earliest games and is deep in their pocket. Probably ignore his opinions due to extreme bias.
Dont even ask what number scooby doo CE he got. Hold out 2 hands. Now put one hand in your pocket. How many digits are left? Yeah it's like that. Of course he's here defending them. Wes come on. Enough.
[quoted image]

Quoted from d0n:

Quoted from d0n:

JUST SEND IT!
trying to get everyone's game out quickly (because we are all impatient) and skipped some checks and balances. I could be wrong but I truly believe they have realized that was a mistake.

Somebody go check the record player, I think it's skipping.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you definitely DO NOT have a scooby on order? This is the "owners" thread. You can go ahead and get tha Fuck out. Feel free to report to the mods.....

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

With WMS it died with their pinball division. Stern used to send machines to secret test locations back in the early 2000s but the Chicago Pinball Mafia was good a tracking them down and messing up their numbers by playing much better than the general public... Not sure if Stern still does test locations or not these days, but I don't see any signs of it.

I think Stern’s final public test was Gomez’s Avengers (movie-based with Tesseract). The online opinions were so negative, it may have had an affect on sales. No more public tests after that.

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Somebody go check the record player, I think it's skipping.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you definitely DO NOT have a scooby on order? This is the "owners" thread. You can go ahead and get tha Fuck out. Feel free to report to the mods.....

Well, maybe this IS still the owners thread…time to take it back…

#1536 1 year ago

Ruh Roh Scooby someone pissed the cat off!

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

#1537 1 year ago

To be fair, it’s the club thread. All folks interested in the game welcome. Just no trolls and shit posters that have no interest in playing or owning the game.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be fair, it’s the club thread. All folks interested in the game welcome. Just no trolls and shit posters that have no interest in playing or owning the game.

Well, Dong, sorry Don, definitely fits the 2 latter descriptions.

#1539 1 year ago

Really that could be anyone.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Really that could be anyone.

You’d think, yet dummies always find their way into the club thread to rain on the parade.

Why not just hang out in the hype thread? I guess not getting enough attention there.

#1541 1 year ago

I’m not too scared about qc and know it will be okay once they work things out but most people with issues are also experts and can fix things.

I remember getting my first pin the Beatles and the upper flipper didn’t work. Was freaking out bc never worked in a pin before and was a huge purchase. Easy fix but I’d image many scooby buyers are new and if they have many issues they won’t be able to fix them without a tech. No way I would be able to remove the upper playfield as an newbie. Important we tell Spooky the issues now so they can work them out quickly on the line.

#1542 1 year ago

I am having fun with the modes on Scooby, I like how they are themed and every mode is unique in its own way (like opening the safe).. I am looking forward to the modes and wizard modes they add. I am secretly hoping they add a Hawaii / Mano Tiki Tia mode or something (we love tiki stuff here)

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’d think, yet dummies always find their way into the club thread to rain on the parade.
Why not just hang out in the hype thread? I guess not getting enough attention there.

Hopefully it makes for the best possible product for everyone. That would be a positive result.

#1544 1 year ago

Everyone needs to just breathe..... everyone is getting frustrated here with some of the issues found....people are getting stressed and there is some concern..... But....just need to have some trust that no matter what Spooky will make it right. They have proven this time and time again. I've played the game a bunch and its a winner and only going to get better along with the build quality. Keep the faith!

#1545 1 year ago

So owners so far, as we are a long way out, what is your favorite of the 7 case modes so far and why?

#1546 1 year ago

Does anyone know what the latest unit number shipped was? I have to be right around the corner.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

I totally get where this guy is coming from. He got a fucking lemon from spooky and all you spooky apologists are shitting on him because he's posting about it. Thats wrong guys.
If this were my game, I'd have driven it to benton (no matter how far away it was) and thrown it through their showroom window at 1am.

Why are you in the owners thread?

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

I understand Crazy Martins in Piqua has it. They have 6 or 7 Spooky games there. It’s basically a paraphernalia store with a pinball area. May be making a couple hour trip ourselves to play there later this week. Probably about an hour and a half from Cinci. Hope this helps.

Awesome will have to check it out soon!

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Why are you in the owners thread?

Just to stir…no other reason…the sad part of pinside….moderators!! Please!!

#1550 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

On a positive note.

My Halloween was fine too. I did sell it but, it had no issues. I am on for Scooby. Played it the other day. It's pretty different and FANTASTIC!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 26.50
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/31?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.