(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,269 posts
  • 650 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Gr8pumpkin
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7985 (resized).jpg
Scores.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1240 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1241 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1242 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4667 (resized).jpeg
BB162BC3-B75E-463E-A31D-7F650E2011D4 (resized).jpeg
83CC0B3F-1AF8-4B14-B824-B10E12584A02 (resized).jpeg
770B302B-58F6-4035-A5B5-0E70F4B2AA00 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4581 (resized).jpeg
20240705_112641 (resized).jpg
sd1 (resized).jpg
sd2 (resized).jpg
20240701_171132 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

37 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 246.
#12001 32 days ago
Quoted from CincyPinballer:

Here’s a video of what happens on my machine.
https://imgur.com/a/yFjWcof

Ok that's a bit different to mine - it wouldn't end the entire game so fast from ball 1, it would usually shoot another ball into play and then end it, then repeat - and then end the game.

Yours seems to crap out and end balls 1, 2 and 3 in quick succession. Weird...

Get on to Spooky for sure they may have to help you, but I'd still check those trough connections - its a 5 minute job, and who knows...

#12002 32 days ago
Quoted from CincyPinballer:

Here’s a video of what happens on my machine.
https://imgur.com/a/yFjWcof

That’s behaving in the exact same way many games would with a misaligned shooter lane switch. Check that with glass off.

EDIT: I watched the video again and now not so sure. But I’d still check that switch, replace the ballls, and update the code.

#12003 30 days ago

Is there any chance of getting the origional sound track (even if it is something we have to pay for) integrated into a future alternate code update? All the chase songs. I know it is copyrighted material but I am sure some would pay for the option if presented.

#12004 30 days ago

Gotta say I'm really getting into this game now. It's a real slow burner for sure but it grows on you like crazy once you start to understand what to do.

If anything I guess I would like to see the character modes started a little easier. Every game I play, I start a lot of the cases, but occasionally maybe just 1 character. I think because that far side of the playfield isn't used much so you tend to stay away from it in general, and the scoop/VUK shot is pretty hard too.

#12005 30 days ago

Another question for you all - are mystery machine lights supposed to be on during play or just during multiball?

#12006 30 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

If anything I guess I would like to see the character modes started a little easier. Every game I play, I start a lot of the cases, but occasionally maybe just 1 character. I think because that far side of the playfield isn't used much so you tend to stay away from it in general, and the scoop/VUK shot is pretty hard too.

If you don’t aim for the mode start hole, the mode ain’t gonna start.

Slam down the drops for the skill shot while the ball save is on. Then next shot slam it in the hole. Boom.

rd

#12007 30 days ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you don’t aim for the mode start hole, the mode ain’t gonna start.
Slam down the drops for the skill shot while the ball save is on. Then next shot slam it in the hole. Boom.
rd

Certainly can't argue with that! Just gotta man up and go for those drops lol.

So impressed with some of these modes. First time I did Fred's mode, I thought I'd finished it - and then.... oh what the hell, now I have to actually put the plan into action!? Ha ha ha, it's so great.

#12008 29 days ago

Hi guys, just picked up a Scooby this weekend. Had a pre order; sold it scared of maintenance issues; picked one up on a trade. So far loving it, as any new pin.

Had a few questions on the rules after checking out the sheet. Can you start a mode and then start a multiball?

Also, what do the right outlanes do? One looks like it starts a roaming ghost mode? The other is a ball save? Not sure.

Finally, looks like the wizard modes are in. Anything else people are waiting on?

Thanks!!

#12009 29 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Hi guys, just picked up a Scooby this weekend. Had a pre order; sold it scared of maintenance issues; picked one up on a trade. So far loving it, as any new pin.
Had a few questions on the rules after checking out the sheet. Can you start a mode and then start a multiball?
Also, what do the right outlanes do? One looks like it starts a roaming ghost mode? The other is a ball save? Not sure.
Finally, looks like the wizard modes are in. Anything else people are waiting on?
Thanks!!

You can start mode, then start a Scooby Snack Multiball while in a Mystery Mode. The Mystery Machine Multiball is started between modes.

#12010 29 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Thanks!!

There is a user-created SD manual that explains a lot of the rules, but it is a little out of date. It's available as a link on this forum somewhere.

There is an official Spooky Manual for Scooby now on Spooky's website. I suggest you download it.

There is a long list of videos made by Spooky for Scooby Doo on their Youtube channel. Maybe watch some or all of them. They do a good job explaining stuff.

Only one of the 3 Wizard modes are released, still waiting for more code updates but its like 90% done? Has come a HUGE way in the 18 months ince release.

The far right lane is a ball save, but only on the 3rd ball out that lane.

The return lanes are the Green Ghost hurry-ups, but active only when the clock advances to Midnight (upper left corner of screen); clock advances with sling hits.

The 3 primary multiballs are Capt Cutler, Mystery Machine, and Scooby Snack Multis. Only Scooby Snack multi can run while other multis OR modes are running. Having MM and Scooby Snack multi at the same time can give hella points if you keep it going

RM

#12011 29 days ago

63” x 24” Scooby banner. Asking $120 shipped within USA. Alaska and Hawaii a little more. Pm me. Only have one and don’t have room to display anymore. Like new

IMG_8853 (resized).jpegIMG_8853 (resized).jpeg
Added 28 days ago:

Sold

#12012 29 days ago

Nice thank you! I did get the rules from tiltforums but as you said it’s dated to the point of not being too helpful. I thought the one released from Spooky was all technical stuff but will check it out again.

Appreciate the help!

#12013 29 days ago
Quoted from beltking:

63” x 24” Scooby banner. Asking $120 shipped within USA. Alaska and Hawaii a little more. Pm me. Only have one and don’t have room to display anymore. Like new
[quoted image]

PMing

#12014 29 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Nice thank you! I did get the rules from tiltforums but as you said it’s dated to the point of not being too helpful. I thought the one released from Spooky was all technical stuff but will check it out again.
Appreciate the help!

Not that one for rules.

This one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/167#post-7858620

RM

#12016 28 days ago

My machine has had some issues since I loaded the beta code, it seems to occasionally lose track of the ball in play. Had a ball drain and not get recognized, after multiple ball searches it but a new ball into play. Then I locked a ball in the left apron, heard the ball locked callout with green light on, game launched a new ball (as it should) but then immediately kicked the locked ball into play. Once I lost one of the balls it ended ..?
Not sure whats goin on

#12017 28 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My machine has had some issues since I loaded the beta code, it seems to occasionally lose track of the ball in play. Had a ball drain and not get recognized, after multiple ball searches it but a new ball into play. Then I locked a ball in the left apron, heard the ball locked callout with green light on, game launched a new ball (as it should) but then immediately kicked the locked ball into play. Once I lost one of the balls it ended ..?
Not sure whats goin on

I will randomly get similar ball-tracking issues but that's been happening on every version of the code, not just the newest one.

#12018 28 days ago

Hi guys – this seems similar to the ball-tracking issues, but let me know what you think, please.

My machine just started launching a second ball halfway through the game, when we should not be in multiball. If I drain one of the two balls, the flippers go dead and the play ends.

It will then keep doing this for additional players.

Is is intermittent and doesn’t happen every game, but it seems to happen after MM multiball.

I plan to contact Tech Support after I diagnose it a bit further, but wanted to ask if you guys have seen anything similar.

Thanks. Larry.

#12019 27 days ago

I thought only the MM shot started modes, but the left side shot also does? I guess that is why it has a blinking mystery machine inlay? Appreciate anyone clearing that up for me. Thanks!! You guys got a gem in this machine!

#12020 27 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

I thought only the MM shot started modes, but the left side shot also does? I guess that is why it has a blinking mystery machine inlay? Appreciate anyone clearing that up for me. Thanks!! You guys got a gem in this machine!

Yeah, the left horseshoe shot has a magnet which under some circumstances stops the ball, drops it into a subway and transfers the ball to the MM, so you can actually start cases from hitting those shots... Quite brilliant really!

#12021 27 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah, the left horseshoe shot has a magnet which under some circumstances stops the ball, drops it into a subway and transfers the ball to the MM, so you can actually start cases from hitting those shots... Quite brilliant really!

Nice!! Thank you!

#12022 27 days ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hi guys – this seems similar to the ball-tracking issues, but let me know what you think, please.
My machine just started launching a second ball halfway through the game, when we should not be in multiball. If I drain one of the two balls, the flippers go dead and the play ends.
It will then keep doing this for additional players.
Is is intermittent and doesn’t happen every game, but it seems to happen after MM multiball.
I plan to contact Tech Support after I diagnose it a bit further, but wanted to ask if you guys have seen anything similar.
Thanks. Larry.

Hi Larry!

I don't play a lot of multi-player games but yes, this sounds very similar to the issues I randomly encounter where it just loses track of where balls are / supposed to be. Double check to make sure the balls have become magnetized, it happened very quickly with the first set in my game.

#12023 27 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Whenever mystery award is lit in the left horseshoe the ball will go to the MM. so if you had Your next mission lit it will start. Also sometimes the award is making the next case ready to start, in which case it starts it right away.

Mystery award is also a covert way to lock balls in the MM if lock is ready.

#12024 26 days ago

I saw there's a new beta code on the website as of 6.19 anybody know what it changes/does?

#12025 26 days ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

I saw there's a new beta code on the website as of 6.19 anybody know what it changes/does?

Nope, but I'm about to find out.

RM

#12026 26 days ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

For those experiencing issues with the spotlights going out, please check out the beta code now available on our website: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/. It's under the latest release as v2024.06.05.10B. Keeping it as beta for a bit, because we're currently working on packaging this up with the new wizard mode for a full release.

NOTES:
* BUG FIX - Spotlights were turning off mid-game.
* BUG FIX - Lane general illumination was not always coming on.
* BUG FIX - Selective flippers were activating at the start of each ball.
* BUG FIX - Tournament setting for extra ball score was being multiplied twice.
* BUG FIX - Drop target skillshot could be collected by drop targets failing to reset.
* BUG FIX - The spinners during Space Kook were lit different colors.
* BUG FIX - Draining during a ball search were not registering as a switch hit.
* NEW - Extra Ball now awarded as third Mystery Award.
* NEW - Talking skull video added at right outlane.
* NEW - Lightshow added at right outlane.

As always if you run into anything specific, please send me an email at [email protected].

#12027 26 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

For those experiencing issues with the spotlights going out, please check out the beta code now available on our website: https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support/. It's under the latest release as v2024.06.05.10B. Keeping it as beta for a bit, because we're currently working on packaging this up with the new wizard mode for a full release.
NOTES:
* BUG FIX - Spotlights were turning off mid-game.
* BUG FIX - Lane general illumination was not always coming on.
* BUG FIX - Selective flippers were activating at the start of each ball.
* BUG FIX - Tournament setting for extra ball score was being multiplied twice.
* BUG FIX - Drop target skillshot could be collected by drop targets failing to reset.
* BUG FIX - The spinners during Space Kook were lit different colors.
* BUG FIX - Draining during a ball search were not registering as a switch hit.
* NEW - Extra Ball now awarded as third Mystery Award.
* NEW - Talking skull video added at right outlane.
* NEW - Lightshow added at right outlane.
As always if you run into anything specific, please send me an email at [email protected].

Yes, but no notes on the Beta Version: v2024.06.19.22B

RM

#12028 26 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Real question is will it reset all of the achievement awards again?

#12029 26 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Oh didn't realize there was another beta out there as of yesterday.

#12030 26 days ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

I bet we hear something from Spooky on this soon. Maybe we are getting a preview of the next wizard mode.

#12031 26 days ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I bet we hear something from Spooky on this soon. Maybe we are getting a preview of the next wizard mode.

Full transparency, I was planning on going private beta until after a forthcoming stream on twitch, but someone else posted it for public availability...so I guess we'll give you Pinsiders another sneak peak. You might get a VERY good "preview" of The Gang's All Here (Wizard Mode).

Hint: To maximize scoring, try to knock out those character shots (especially Scooby) as quickly as possible. They will add time and boost your jackpot values.

#12032 26 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Full transparency, I was planning on going private beta until after a forthcoming stream on twitch, but someone else posted it for public availability...so I guess we'll give you Pinsiders another sneak peak. You might get a VERY good "preview" of The Gang's All Here (Wizard Mode).
Hint: To maximize scoring, try to knock out those character shots (especially Scooby) as quickly as possible. They will add time and boost your jackpot values.

Woohoo!

#12033 26 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If you have Release Notes for what this Beta contains, that would be excellent, please.

RussMyers

#12034 25 days ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

One thing I noticed after installing is that the Switch Tests are not working in this build.

#12035 25 days ago

This posted today...Spooky Communication is amazing!

#12036 25 days ago

I recall reading about others with ball launch problems in the past. Now, a problem has suddenly manifested in my game where the ball doesn't have the strength to get all the way into play and keeps trying with no luck. I checked the obvious things like linkage, loose screws, and alignment and everything looks good, including easy movement at the coil. Before I bug Spooky or try another coil, has anyone else had this develop after playing a few dozen games?

#12037 25 days ago
Quoted from taz:

I recall reading about others with ball launch problems in the past. Now, a problem has suddenly manifested in my game where the ball doesn't have the strength to get all the way into play and keeps trying with no luck. I checked the obvious things like linkage, loose screws, and alignment and everything looks good, including easy movement at the coil. Before I bug Spooky or try another coil, has anyone else had this develop after playing a few dozen games?

Try pinching the forks together so it hits more of the ball, the forks might have spread out a bit.

#12038 25 days ago

I'm not one of our techs, but the number one thing I see when taking slow motion videos is the auto plunger is sending the ball off center. This can include sending it to the left, where it will bang into the bottom corner of the wood rail. The rattle caused by this will look like a weak plunge, but it's an alignment issue.

Ideally you want to adjust your auto plunger such that it is throwing the ball straight, however you can also try placing something thin, like a scrap of metal or plastic along that left hand side. The idea being that you are using that price to extend the left wood rail down further. Bring it as close as possible to the trough eject, but obviously don't block the eject. I'm on vacation now, but I can try to take a sample picture when I get back.

#12039 24 days ago
Quoted from taz:

I recall reading about others with ball launch problems in the past.

Same with mine. Easy fix. I simply went into the settings and reduced the strength of the plunge coil. Worked perfectly.

You mentioned you had two little power, so perhaps it’s not the same. But for mine, it was just too aggressive.

It would ricochet at the top of the shooter lane and not find a clear path up the wire form, and just bounce back to the launch switch. It looked like too little power, but it was actually too much.

#12040 24 days ago

Is there any way to get switch tests functioning again on the beta code??

#12041 23 days ago

Has anyone considered building a standalone display using the original topper? I'd be a buyer.

#12042 23 days ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Has anyone considered building a standalone display using the original topper? I'd be a buyer.

I have shared details about inserting the new interactive topper into the backbox and keep the OG topper in place. Not sure if that is of interest but you can have both in use.

#12043 22 days ago

So I got the new topper and I have the door issue. Spooky sent out a replacement board and I still have the same issue. I have the 3/17 update so I should be ok. Any suggestions?

#12045 22 days ago

I have my game dialed in great. Left outlane plays as it should; rail on far right shot took a little correcting for balls coming down but now it’s perfect. Game plays fast.

Only shot not dialed in is the backhand from the right flipper to the MM. It’s doable but not with any consistency. Does everyone think they is important? Or nah it makes the game more challenging…instead of a layup each time. I kinda like it this way but curious what others think.

Thanks!

#12046 22 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

I have my game dialed in great. Left outlane plays as it should; rail on far right shot took a little correcting for balls coming down but now it’s perfect. Game plays fast.
Only shot not dialed in is the backhand from the right flipper to the MM. It’s doable but not with any consistency. Does everyone think they is important? Or nah it makes the game more challenging…instead of a layup each time. I kinda like it this way but curious what others think.
Thanks!

That’s a must have shot when finishing a villain. I usually have just enough time to settle into in right cradle then a nice backhand for the capture. It would drive me crazy if it wasn’t consistent.

#12047 22 days ago

Agree. I’ve finished many modes but only unmasked a few as a result.

#12048 22 days ago
Quoted from dtmail209:

Agree. I’ve finished many modes but only unmasked a few as a result.

Try flipper power first. Check that the rubbers at the mm entrance are all correct and in the right positions.

Then flipper angle? Or loosen that lower post on the right sling and tighten it a little more out of the way if you can? Or if it’s REALLY close, stretch the sling rubber a bit to thin it.

#12049 22 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That’s a must have shot when finishing a villain. I usually have just enough time to settle into in right cradle then a nice backhand for the capture. It would drive me crazy if it wasn’t consistent.

Agree 100%. This should is a MUST!

#12050 22 days ago

Received my topper today. Install was easy. Played about 6-7 games and it works as it should. Really liking it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

There are 12,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 241 of 246.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.