(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,591 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by dnapac
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1368 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1372 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1357 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1374 (resized).jpeg
PS Logo (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 232.
#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from BKPitmaster:

They are contacting Spooky support and also sharing experiences with other early owners in an owners thread. Stop fishing for drama.

Exactly!! Thank you.

#1052 1 year ago

Ok, all is good with auto launch. I went into switch test and the switch was registering. So I went back to play a game, and I guess I just wasn't patient enough. It takes a beat to launch the ball. I'm used to sterns where it's coming out of there quick. On Scooby the ball launches into shooter lane. Takes a beat or so, then gets launches out.

#1053 1 year ago

I watched the entire stream, watching Karl on Mystery Machine Multi-ball made me feel sleepy, after the Quadruple Jackpot it felt like I was watching wood being chopped, but less entertaining. Point values were extremely low to be in that part of the Multi-ball. Also something needs to be addressed with the music during that mode. It becomes almost an unbearable loop.

#1054 1 year ago

Yeah except Karl is like one of the best players so likely we will be drained before the loop of music but yes change that would be good.

#1055 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

I watched the entire stream, watching Karl on Mystery Machine Multi-ball made me feel sleepy, after the Quadruple Jackpot it felt like I was watching wood being chopped, but less entertaining. Point values were extremely low to be in that part of the Multi-ball. Also something needs to be addressed with the music during that mode. It becomes almost an unbearable loop.

To be fair Karl is a champion level player and was setup on a game that had outlanes nearly closed and was set to an easy difficulty in code. So he had stacked a bazillion ball saves etc

#1056 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, the early builds are for people who I thought were to trouble shoot for the future builds, and the operators to put lots of games on the pin. I really love Spooky’s activity on these boards…but people judging the early pins is ridiculous. The people receiving the early pins know the score. I think that the problems with the early pins blasted on pinside and not brought directly to Spooky to improve on the backside are sh!!??. If you’ve received an early pin help…directly email/involve Spooky. Otherwise…you are part of the problem.

I agree there are some over reactions. But you can't totally dismiss everything that has been brought up. I'm in, and I have confidence #312 will have the issues ironed out. But damn man, some of the mistakes so far are basic stuff. At least 1 person at spooky needs a beginners 101 lesson on soldering. Not trying to be negative, and I'm looking forward to getting my CE, but don't sit here and say "F the buyer, they knew what they were getting into". Spooky isn't taking that approach, why would you?

#1057 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah except Karl is like one of the best players so likely we will be drained before the loop of music but yes change that would be good.

I completely understand, Karl is the exception not the rule. However, I can't help but compare Karl's stream to Jack Danger's Foo Fighters stream. They should be around the same code level, but being honest the entire time watching Foo Fighters was enjoyable. There were times watching Scooby where I was actively yawning. This is a problem for me personally, Scooby is my grail theme, but I found myself enjoying watching Foo Fighters more. Also the Foo Fighters theme doesn't even register as a theme I would be interested in. Yet I found myself really into the flow and animations, so much so I put in an order for a Pro model. Also there were really good players, playing FF and it didn't seem like they were absolutely wrecking that pin.

I'm not going to cancel my Scooby order, but I'm definitely at a different point of excitement right now. I'm probably not cut out to be an early adopter. I thought it would be nice to watch Scooby's code grow and it probably will be, but man it's going to be a slow progression, based on what we are seeing with the early code of a Stern product.

#1058 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I agree there are some over reactions. But you can't totally dismiss everything that has been brought up. I'm in, and I have confidence #312 will have the issues ironed out. But damn man, some of the mistakes so far are basic stuff. At least 1 person at spooky needs a beginners 101 lesson on soldering. Not trying to be negative, and I'm looking forward to getting my CE, but don't sit here and say "F the buyer, they knew what they were getting into".

Quoted from Pinbolls:

I completely understand, Karl is the exception not the rule. However, I can't help but compare Karl's stream to Jack Danger's Foo Fighters stream. They should be around the same code level, but being honest the entire time watching Foo Fighters was enjoyable. There were times watching Scooby where I was actively yawning. This is a problem for me personally, Scooby is my grail theme, but I found myself enjoying watching Foo Fighters more. Also the Foo Fighters theme doesn't even register as a theme I would be interested in. Yet I found myself really into the flow and animations, so much so I put in an order for a Pro model. Also there were really good players, playing FF and it didn't seem like they were absolutely wrecking that pin.
I'm not going to cancel my Scooby order, but I'm definitely at a different point of excitement right now. I'm probably not cut out to be an early adopter. I thought it would be nice to watch Scooby's code grow and it probably will be, but man it's going to be a slow progression, based on what we are seeing with the early code of a Stern product.

Dude you are regurgitating exactly what I said in the chat on Karl’s stream tonight comparing scooby and foo and you defended Spooky…

#1059 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

To be fair Karl is a champion level player and was setup on a game that had outlanes nearly closed and was set to an easy difficulty in code. So he had stacked a bazillion ball saves etc

SpookyLuke

I understand and thank you for the response. I watched the same caliber of players on FF, it didn't feel like what I watched with Karl on Scooby. It felt like the pin was defeated, if that makes any sense.

I'm definitely still in on Scooby, I just have some reservations all.

I know this is probably coming across pretty harsh, but it's how I feel. I want Scooby to turn into an amazing irreplaceable pin.

#1060 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcphilld:

Dude you are regurgitating exactly what I said in the chat on Karl’s stream tonight comparing scooby and foo and you defended Spooky…

Man, I definitely didn't intend to regurgitate your points. Sorry if that is the case. I don't think I was actively defending Scooby. I know I wouldn't have said, Foo was bad. I loved that stream and the game. I also said I ordered a Pro on Karl's stream.

I'm trying to remember what I could have said, if you are referring to when I mentioned comparing Spooky to Stern in early code, what I was trying to say is it's not a fair fight. Stern just has way too many resources and top level coders. I was trying to say something similar to having the best college football team go against the worst NFL team. It's not a fair comparison.

#1061 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Not a fair comparison to the largest manufacturer with multiple large teams dedicated to each game. FF has three coders, plus at least two people over animations and a sound guy.
Karl's streams are so long, they all can get boring at times.

#1062 1 year ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Not a fair comparison to the largest manufacturer with multiple large teams dedicated to each game. FF has three coders, plus at least two people over animations and a sound guy.
Karl's streams are so long, they all can get boring at times.

I completely agree, that is the point I was trying to get across. I probably didn't do a great job. Thanks for clarifying.

I just re-read my previous post that you down voted, I was wrong. I did actively compare the two. You are right, that isn't fair. I thing I'm a little tired and talking out both sides of my mouth. It was a fair call out on your part.

#1063 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I encourage anyone that thinks the speaker panel is too much green to wait until you see it in person. I thought the same before I got mine. But in person it is perfect. No way would I want to cover it up. Easily the most beautiful powder coat I have ever seen. And not as overpowering as I thought it might be. But of course opinions and preferences vary.

I think I agree with this now. We already have the CE wizard speaker panel cover coming. Ordered last week before table arrived. But, it looks pretty damn good in person. We'll see how it looks with panel cover. But, I bet we don't actually use it.

#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Mcphilld:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought correctly that you may have mistakenly quoted me....

#1065 1 year ago

I think he is talking about me, not you.

#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

I think he is talking about me, not you.

Gotcha, I guess he mistakenly quoted me. Lol.

#1067 1 year ago

Ok well looks like upper playfield has to come off. The green ramp is secured and bolted in the area I circled. For those who had to remove the upper playfield, how did you do it? Or if Spooky can comment. I also took a video showing it’s not coming out. Not looking forward to this at all. Sucks I have to even do this.

I emailed AJ and I am going to go to bed. Hopefully my daughter comes home tomorrow.

819D9B25-C80B-4227-A7EB-0C08066A6006 (resized).jpeg819D9B25-C80B-4227-A7EB-0C08066A6006 (resized).jpeg

#1068 1 year ago

Gotcha, I guess he mistakenly quoted me. Lol.

No worries, just wanted to reign you in before you got too riled up.

#1069 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Ok well looks like upper playfield has to come off. The green ramp is secured and bolted in the area I circled. For those who had to remove the upper playfield, how did you do it? Or if Spooky can comment. I also took a video showing it’s not coming out. Not looking forward to this.

[quoted image]

#1070 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

No worries, just wanted to reign you in before you got too riled up.

I do my beat Pinsiding after a few Bourbons. All good, It had to be a mistake.

#1071 1 year ago

It would have to be a very slow rolling ball not to knock down the drop. I've never had it happen.

Welcome to the world of location pinball! Where randomness and players find all kinds of ways to break your stuff.

The player tilted (or game start) and the ball got released from somewhere and ended up there. How.. I don't know. But it happened in the first 24hrs... so it's not gonna be that rare!

#1072 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Why would the flippers not work?

Because the game had tilted. Same thing would happen if a ball search was done at startup/etc before a game had started.

#1073 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Fair point. Easy to fix in code to have the flippers flip for code search. Maybe a third ball search would flip em.

Need more filtering then that. Typically you don't want a ball search while you are actually playing flipping the flippers

The easy point here is the game was tilted (and you'd want the same during a missing ball search before start/etc). There it should be safe to cycle everything.

#1074 1 year ago

Ok well looks like upper playfield has to come off. The green ramp is secured and bolted in the area I circled. For those who had to remove the upper playfield, how did you do it? Or if Spooky can comment. I also took a video showing it’s not coming out. Not looking forward to this at all. Sucks I have to even do this.
I emailed AJ and I am going to go to bed. Hopefully my daughter comes home tomorrow.

[quoted image]

I thought I saw Luke post last night that you do not have to remove the upper playfield to replace the green habitrail

#1075 1 year ago

Huh? I didn't see your comments, watch the stream, I have no idea who "karl" is, etc... I didn't regurgitate shit. Just stating my opinion

Yeah I was meaning to reply to Pinbolls but it grabbed your comment too since it was a reply to your comment I guess. Sorry

#1076 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbolls:

Man, I definitely didn't intend to regurgitate your points. Sorry if that is the case. I don't think I was actively defending Scooby. I know I wouldn't have said, Foo was bad. I loved that stream and the game. I also said I ordered a Pro on Karl's stream.
I'm trying to remember what I could have said, if you are referring to when I mentioned comparing Spooky to Stern in early code, what I was trying to say is it's not a fair fight. Stern just has way too many resources and top level coders. I was trying to say something similar to having the best college football team go against the worst NFL team. It's not a fair comparison.

No worries just thought it was funny because that stream was putting me to sleep too, really hoping this game turns out great!

#1077 1 year ago

One thing I really like is that for high scores in attract mode it shows which character was played next to the high score. Wish that little feature was on TMNT as well.

#1078 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Speakers buzz. Haven't adjusted default volume. But, level seems good for callouts.

If adjusting the volume doesn't fix this, I was able to eliminate it on Halloween by running a new audio cable from the display to the amp, separate of the main harness the factory cable runs through.

One thing I really like is that for high scores in attract mode it shows which character was played next to the high score. Wish that little feature was on TMNT as well.

Rick n Morty does this as well; it's nice they brought it back for Scooby.

#1079 1 year ago

Well figured out the issue with my green habitrail. It’s not the weld spot. I went to disassemble it and I found the issue. I will have to still swap out the habitrail. I will message Bug, Luke, and AJ

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL... So you've contacted every owner from every manufacturer, collected this data, validated that it was accurate, then used that data to draw that conclusion, correct? Because anything else is just a bullshit correlation exercise that has absolutely zero value in reality... Oh and, hate to break it to you but... ALL manufacturers have QC issues but I get it, we're in pile on mode on this one so facts and reality are secondary to emotions and impulse...

Totally accurate. Have you read the Bond owners thread?

#1081 1 year ago

Well figured out the issue with my green habitrail. It’s not the weld spot. I went to disassemble it and I found the issue. I will have to still swap out the habitrail. I will message Bug, Luke, and AJ

Interesting, I just watched your video, and thought 'oh I should go take a look at mine.' Mine is all the way back, but no issue with ball getting stuck. It goes down wire with no problem. Weird.

PXL_20230303_050113913 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_050113913 (resized).jpg

#1082 1 year ago

Upper pf shouldn’t have to come off. You should be able to pull the wireform straight out once it’s loose from the slingshot post. Go back and look at the pics from post 397.

#1083 1 year ago

Upper pf shouldn’t have to come off. You should be able to pull the wireform straight out once it’s loose from the slingshot post. Go back and look at the pics from post 397.

I can’t. Check out my video I posted prior to my last post. It will not just slide out. There are two micro switches there and it’s secured to the ramp.

#1084 1 year ago

Interesting, I just watched your video, and thought 'oh I should go take a look at mine.' Mine is all the way back, but no issue with ball getting stuck. It goes down wire with no problem. Weird.
[quoted image]

That is weird how mine got so tweaked and yours is fine. They will have to test each one so to avoid my situation.

#1085 1 year ago

So here's some perspective.

One of the worst NIB issues I've had was with an early (112) Wizard of Oz Emerald edition. Got mine and found the slot the backglass sits in at the bottom wasn't routed out wide enough, so the glass was sitting about 3/8" too high. It still managed to lock, barely, but the glass was offset to the display badly.

So the solution was to send me a new bottom panel. I got to disconnect cabling, behead the game, pop the bottom panel off the backbox (pretty easy as it was just butt-joint), pop new bottom in and reassemble, the put the backbox back on and recable. JJP was fine with response and shipping, you know it's just what happens when you're one of the first to get the game. Spooky is responding as well as they can.

#1086 1 year ago

I can’t. Check out my video I posted prior to my last post. It will not just slide out. There are two micro switches there and it’s secured to the ramp.

The optos mounted to the wire form will have to be unplugged first. Then I still think you could pivot the wireform up and be able to pull it out over the switch mounted on the entrance ramp part.

#1087 1 year ago

The optos mounted to the wire form will have to be unplugged first. Then I still think you could pivot the wireform up and be able to pull it out over the switch mounted on the entrance ramp part.

I will try that. Thank you!! Hopefully it works. But it doesn’t lift up at all unfortunately. Doesn’t feel like there isn’t enough slack on the wires. But will try for sure.

#1088 1 year ago

Good to see that you've found the root cause. Of course you have a lot going on right now so the timing and frustration is completely understandable.
When I have pin issues, I delve in to try to understand root cause, is it mechanical, electrical etc. I'm just a home hobbyist but currently have 25 pins. In this case I would have tried to remove the habitrail to inspect it, and as you've discovered, the ball would have released once you removed the bottom lock nut. We can certainly agree that there is no way that play tested accurately in final testing.

When I got my ACNC NIB in, that too was an early build, #48 (maybe) and the autolaunch was a mess, never shooting the ball out and around the orbit smoothly, it woudl just rattle up the shooter lane and drop into the orbit. This is a key part of the game. I removed the apron and noticed right away that the autofire coil bracket wasn't mounted flat to the playfield. There was a t-nut in the playfield, below the coil bracket that wasn't flush with the playfield, so the autolaunch bracket was noticeably crooked. It took me some time but I removed the coil and bracket and trimmed out the PF for the t-nut, reassembled and adjusted, better but still with issues. The ball was hitting the overhead shooterlane tunnel sculpt. I had to dremel back the inside of the sculpt to dial it in. Smooth autolaunch ever since. I shared this in the club thread as well, not with malicious intent but to just have others aware. That's a catch 22 I suppose as it can be seen both ways but whatever. I don't know who would have done all that VS maybe ending up with a PF swap as that might not have been figured out over the phone with tech support. I would not have been able to do this if I was going through what you are currently going through with your daughter. Would a later build# not have some of these issues, not likely but here we are. Hopefully you can get that new habitrail in without a lot of grief and get to playing.

#1089 1 year ago

Don't replace it right away dude. Bolt the habitrail back down and play your game! We already sent the habitrail you can replace it any time.

#1090 1 year ago

Ya I agree if that repair is making you nervous just enjoy the game as is if you need to touch up the bare spot and after a few games you will probably not even notice it.put the new wire form in a safe place and replace it at a future date! But It Iunderstand if you want your new game to be perfect,I have accepted that will never be.

#1091 1 year ago

Agreed. Someone will likely also put together some nice instructions on exactly how to remove and replace it at some point.

Quoted from rockrand:

Ya I agree if that repair is making you nervous just enjoy the game as is if you need to touch up the bare spot and after a few games you will probably not even notice it.put the new wire form in a safe place and replace it at a future date! But It I understand if you want your new game to be perfect,I have accepted that will never be.

#1092 1 year ago

Spooky definitely is not the only manufacturer with QC issues. I just received my new EHOH and it’s not playable out of the box.

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Spooky definitely is not the only manufacturer with QC issues. I just received my new EHOH and it’s not playable out of the box.

Yeah my Godzilla LE has had a bad node board since I received it and bad shaker. I’ve gotten three replacements and all bad boards. I also had AIQ that needed three subway replacements before working and one of the opto mounts weren’t threaded so it was literally a loose screw hanging there. I bought used Rick and Morty and no issues so far. I also had a Deadpool NIB with no issues. So 2/3 NIB games with issues that made them unplayable. Deadpool only had a few loose connections that messed with lighting that were easily fixed. I’m excited for Scooby still and not worried about the stream last night and the game being easy. People were commenting about IE making it look boring. I promise he’ll play Foo Fighter on stream within the next 6 months and score in the billions, beating every single mode and making it look boring. There’s also no wizard mode in Scooby yet so it looked anti-climactic agree he beat all the villain modes. The game has promise for average guys like me.

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

IIRC EHOH had a LOT of issues when first released, I know the one our local barcade received had to be taken out of service for months until he could make it reliable enough. Hopefully you get yours up and running quickly, good luck!

#1095 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

IIRC EHOH had a LOT of issues when first released, I know the one our local barcade received had to be taken out of service for months until he could make it reliable enough. Hopefully you get yours up and running quickly, good luck!

I am sure it will get figured out quick. The back diverter is acting up so hopefully it’s a simple fix.

Just wanted to let Spooky know that we are not picking on them for QC issues. Shit happens.

#1096 1 year ago

of course when you choose a game a grail pin comes up ...

any have interest in taking over Spot #431 CE through Nitro ?

#1097 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

any have interest in taking over Spot #341 CE through Nitro ?

You could probably trade back with someone?

#1098 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Mine was fine haven’t had to touch it in two years.

#1099 1 year ago

Are you sure you are 341? I am suppose to be 341 from Classic.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

any have interest in taking over Spot #341 CE through Nitro ?

#1100 1 year ago
Quoted from chriscable34:

Are you sure you are 341? I am suppose to be 341 from Classic.

Ooops dyslexia at its finest...
Spot # 431 CE..
Sorry for the early morning scare my friend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Other
Severedmods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
There are 11,591 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 232.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/22?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.