(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6047 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6046 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 233.
#1001 1 year ago

Absolutely can be added to ball search! Surprised the ball can sit there. No worries easy add.

#1002 1 year ago

What was the recommended pitch?

#1003 1 year ago

I felt it played best at 7 degrees

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

the center drop has a knockdown coil, the two banks of three don't have a knockdown coil

If the ball gets stuck relatively often Spooky will have to solve it, we'll see what they have planned.

#1005 1 year ago

Ok, about 10 games into #62 and fingers crossed I think all is good. No issues I can see.

I will say there are a couple of quirks I've noticed.

1. buzzing from flippers when trapping up.
2. Speakers buzz. Haven't adjusted default volume. But, level seems good for callouts.
3. Song needs to be much louder when starting mystery machine multiball. It needs to rock out. As it is you barely hear it.

PXL_20230303_001630570 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_001630570 (resized).jpg
#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Ok, about 10 games into #62 and fingers crossed I think all is good. No issues I can see.
2. Speakers buzz. Haven't adjusted default volume. But, level seems good for callouts.
3. Song needs to be much louder when starting mystery machine multiball. It needs to rock out. As it is you barely hear it.
[quoted image]

Is your ground wire loose?

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Try not making this personal!

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Try not making this personal!

We could use a laugh. Cypher nice placement. Who needs access to the stairs…

#1009 1 year ago

Just got mine. On public play at my arcade. #67. Haven't heard any buzzing. I'm sure I'll have something to add eventually.

334528538_754655079563140_3879814507278066811_n (resized).jpg334528538_754655079563140_3879814507278066811_n (resized).jpg
#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Is this in reference to the flippers or speaker?

#1011 1 year ago

Now we’re rockin’. Two good machines in a row. Who’s next? Come on let’s hope these are isolated incidents and Spooky gets the line together. I want a Scooby Snack.

#1012 1 year ago

Is this in reference to the flippers or speaker?

Well not sure about the flippers and not an electronics expert, but almost always when I’ve had buzzing sounds it’s a ground issue or two wires in contact that shouldn’t be.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Now we’re rockin’. Two good machines in a row. Who’s next? Come let’s hope these are isolated incidents and Spooky gets the line together. I want a Scooby Snack.

I swear we make lots of really nice machines! We really do!

#1014 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I swear we make lots of really nice machines! We really do!

We know and I haven’t been worried about any of these issues until that bad playfield. BUT what were they smoking when they decided to still use that playfield?

#1015 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I turned the amp volume down on mine and the speaker noise went away. Then adjusted the volume back up with the door volume controls.

#1016 1 year ago

Question that I am not sure has been addressed. In terms of the content you guys have from the original show, any chance the origina chase songs show up in some capacity? Whether as a bonus or remade by Count D? I know Scott sang 3 songs for the table, I'm honestly looking forward to everything!

#1017 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Enjoy and thanks again for swapping

#1018 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Turn down the amp volume and volume up on the coin door. That should take care of that issue.

#1019 1 year ago

To turn on topper, start, action, and launch button leds push the button on the this board in the backbox. Code update in the future will fix this.

203773E3-A81C-4C7B-9E15-F886098ACCFB (resized).png203773E3-A81C-4C7B-9E15-F886098ACCFB (resized).png

#1020 1 year ago

Today was my first experience with Scooby Doo pinball machine. I played what I believe is knockerlover CE#041 on location. Also the picture that flynnibus posted I believe is my ball on the same machine. I was only able to play two games as there was a small line which speaks to the excitement for the theme of this game. First impressions are that this game is very beautiful! From a shot and flow perspective, the lower playfield was excellent and fast returning the balls safely to the flipper. I do not believe this was set to hard difficulty as I'm pretty sure the posts were on easy, but I'm not a 100%. I will say that both games had technical issues, which was disappointing.

Game 1: I inserted my coins and shot the first ball with no issue. I was slightly off on my shots. I kept hitting posts and standups, so eventually the ball came screaming down to the tip of the left flipper and rolled between the flipper and the middle drop save. Completely a timing issue with my game play. The second ball ejected into the shooter lane but didn't fall below or trigger the shooter lane switch. This machine obviously had shooter lane issues that were discussed previously. I had to tilt the machine to get it to drop down to the auto launcher. The issue arose after tilting the game to get it there, as the ball didn't appropriately trigger the shooter lane switch and never attempted to launch the ball in the trough. Not sure if a ball search was performed or if auto plunge isn't apart of the ball search code, but the music just stuck in some annoying van screeching noise until I turned the pin off. Shortly before the reboot finished one of the operators showed up and I walked away while he troubleshot my issue. He was very responsive, which is impressive for a location. I have the video of the noise and the stuck game/video loop.

Game 2: I stepped up to the machine and put my coins in. I hit start and a ball came out of somewhere. I'm not sure if it was stuck and a ball search freed it or if it was in the van and didn't eject from the game prior. The operator went to the service menu and had a difficult time getting that drop save to lower. He had to flip it off the drop first and then hit the reset for it to lower. Once he did I was able to select my character and start a game. From that moment on, the game was pretty fun and amazing. I had no issues getting clues or starting a mode. The only mode/shot I have a complaint on is the upper playfields far right shot. During the Black Knight mode I hit every shot but that far right shot on the upper playfield. I spent 2-3 minutes trying to hit it with the book case or back hand it with right flipper to no avail. I could only get it about half way up that lane but not far enough to trigger. The book case flipper is interesting and fun but if that is what the factory setting is then power needs to be adjusted by about 10%. Not sure if it was changed by the operators or not. At some point on ball two I shot the van for ball lock #2. A ball ejected into the shooter lane and launched, then a ball released from the van and I had two balls. When one of them drained it ended my game even though I still had another ball in play. Ball three was flawless and I experienced no issue. I ended the game with about 3.3 mil.

Overall it was hard to tell how many issues were related to the already discussed shooter lane problem and switch and which issues other Scooby machines will share. The game code for rules and modes is amazing. I felt very good about the modes for an initial launch so good job there Spooky. Some code is definitely lacking regarding technical issues such as ball search functions. I would have assumed these are pretty ironed out from one machine to another. Having code lower all the drops when searching, or launch the shooter lane if the trough is missing a ball seems like it would be standard on all games. The flow of the lower playfield really is smooth once you dial in those shots. The upper playfield works with all shots but the far right being easily repeatable. The light show is good for early code, but the topper could be better lit. Sound was amazing, and during a failed mode I actually felt the machine shake like I was being chased or perhaps a heartbeat. It was really special feeling that excited me.

Full disclosure I have CE #498 on order and I'm not cancelling, but there is plenty of room for improvement. This will be my first Spooky machine and it shows promise. I have some opinions about the QC issues, especially after holding the first 50 games to ensure these issues were suppose to be ironed out. I think its only fair to hold those thoughts until after wave 2 and 3 if improvement is not made. Spooky, #498, QC the crap out of that one.

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from StacksOT:

Question that I am not sure has been addressed. In terms of the content you guys have from the original show, any chance the origina chase songs show up in some capacity? Whether as a bonus or remade by Count D? I know Scott sang 3 songs for the table, I'm honestly looking forward to everything!

This has been my number one hope! Can you please Spooky get the license for “Seven Days a Week” and “I Can Make You Happy” and put them in the game somehow. Those were the best Scooby music of the whole show.

#1023 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I would be happy to take an early number and help with QC if someone want to trade back to #211. Happy to take one for the team.

Who is your distributor?

#1024 1 year ago

Hey I wanted to say that I have CE #67 on location and I seem to be having shooter lane issues as well. I can't tell what is causing it but often the shooter lane will not recognize there's a ball there and so hitting the launch button doesn't launch the ball. Sometimes it resolves itself and sometimes it seems to decide it will allow a launch eventually. It seemed to happen most when the ball launched and it failed via hitting the little bit of trough sticking out and so didn't exit the shooter lane. Rather than shooting again automatically or allowing a button push to count as a launch.

#1025 1 year ago

Got this from Morgan regarding my pin arriving tomorrow... "Check that the Tip and Tell (no blue sand above the line) has not been set off, and there is not any damage to the box." What is the Tip and Tell? This is my first Spooky pin.

#1026 1 year ago

Got to play one for a short time today. Very impressed. Best looking and playing spooky so far. The wide body-esque look and feel is impressive and the shooting is great while the sounds, animations, and light show are really immersive. Overall if you love scooby doo my opinion is its a buy.

#1027 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:Got this from Morgan regarding my pin arriving tomorrow... "Check that the Tip and Tell (no blue sand above the line) has not been set off, and there is not any damage to the box." What is the Tip and Tell? This is my first Spooky pin.

It's a plastic arrow filled with blue sand. It'l show if it's been on its side.

#1028 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Who is your distributor?

PinballStar

#1029 1 year ago

Ah Okay. I'm Nitro. I'm struggling to find space. May need to fold up my first game if SD is ready to ship too soon.

#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from VictoryPointePGH:

Hey I wanted to say that I have CE #67 on location and I seem to be having shooter lane issues as well. I can't tell what is causing it but often the shooter lane will not recognize there's a ball there and so hitting the launch button doesn't launch the ball. Sometimes it resolves itself and sometimes it seems to decide it will allow a launch eventually. It seemed to happen most when the ball launched and it failed via hitting the little bit of trough sticking out and so didn't exit the shooter lane. Rather than shooting again automatically or allowing a button push to count as a launch.

Can’t the auto plunge and the plunge triggering when you press it easily be fixed by a code update? Seems like that and the drop target ball search is something that could be quickly fixed in the next few days with code.

#1031 1 year ago

Thank you for this link.

It's great seeing a good player flipping the game.

The main music is so slow that it honestly comes off as shooter lane- sitting around waiting for ball launch- kind of music. Hope you guys are open to the idea of changing the tempo a little bit or something.

Captain Cutler multiball song looped 3 times during that multiball. I realize not everyone is gonna keep multiball going that long, but maybe throw in just an instrumental of the song after and in between the vocal version?

When they pulled the mask off Cutler, I so wanted to hear a BLASTED KIDS! or one of those bad guy quips.

Just thinking out loud. I know it's early.

#1032 1 year ago

Is there supposed to be leds that light on action button and flipper buttons? I can't recall. There's a ring around the action button that I think is supposed to be LEDs

PXL_20230303_024042774 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_024042774 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_024220020 (resized).jpgPXL_20230303_024220020 (resized).jpg

#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Got this from Morgan regarding my pin arriving tomorrow... "Check that the Tip and Tell (no blue sand above the line) has not been set off, and there is not any damage to the box." What is the Tip

Is there supposed to be less that light on action button and flipper buttons? I can't recall. There's a ring around the action button that I think is supposed to be LEDs
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check your wiring to the light board. Sounds like several games went out with short cable harnesses installed that pull out of the board and cause lighting issues.

#1034 1 year ago

Is there supposed to be leds that light on action button and flipper buttons? I can't recall. There's a ring around the action button that I think is supposed to be LEDs
[quoted image][quoted image]

I posted about this issue and how to fix it. When you turn the game on you have to go in the backbox and push the button on the board and the lights will come on. As long as no harness issue. Is your topper on? And did you update to the new code?

E37CD9AC-0835-49DF-B379-02F5AB27E6E6 (resized).pngE37CD9AC-0835-49DF-B379-02F5AB27E6E6 (resized).png

#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I posted about this issue and how to fix it. When you turn the game on you have to go in the backbox and push the button on the board and the lights will come on.
[quoted image]

Ok let me check that. I know you mentioned Topper. Our topper and speakers are lit.

#1036 1 year ago

Ok let me check that. I know you mentioned Topper. Our topper and speakers are lit.

Oh ok. Did you update to the new code?

#1037 1 year ago

Yes.

#1039 1 year ago

Ok, there was a connector not connected on that board. Plugged it in and action button is now lit. What about flippers?

16778121283276340047357855806842 (resized).jpg16778121283276340047357855806842 (resized).jpg
#1040 1 year ago

Looking at pics in image gallery I don't see any pics where there are flipper lights on.

#1041 1 year ago

Oh wait a sec, was just going to put glass and lockdown bar back. There are flipper lights just really weak

16778125761163183866596787684786 (resized).jpg16778125761163183866596787684786 (resized).jpg
#1042 1 year ago

They look pretty good with lights off actually

16778126666721463899709452611020 (resized).jpg16778126666721463899709452611020 (resized).jpg
#1043 1 year ago

Fingers crossed not a single issue so far.

Only other quirk is that in multiball or ball save from drain the ball doesn't auto launch. Not a big deal from ball save, but a little annoying to have to keep launching your balls during mystery machine multiball.

I assume this is a code thing and not an issue with the machine. Can others confirm it's not auto launching during multiball from shooter lane.

#1044 1 year ago

Tomorrow Scooby comes home to fill it’s spot

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1045 1 year ago

So, the early builds are for people who I thought were to trouble shoot for the future builds, and the operators to put lots of games on the pin. I really love Spooky’s activity on these boards…but people judging the early pins is ridiculous. The people receiving the early pins know the score. I think that the problems with the early pins blasted on pinside and not brought directly to Spooky to improve on the backside are sh!!??. If you’ve received an early pin help…directly email/involve Spooky. Otherwise…you are part of the problem.

#1046 1 year ago

Only other quirk is that in multiball or ball save from drain the ball doesn't auto launch. Not a big deal from ball save, but a little annoying to have to keep launching your balls during mystery machine multiball.
I assume this is a code thing and not an issue with the machine. Can others confirm it's not auto launching during multiball from shooter lane.

I'd think to check your shooter lane switch in test. And/or see if there is something in settings regarding auto launch.

#1047 1 year ago

Try power cycling your game. Sometimes when going in and out of menu you can get odd code bugs that don't normally exist. If that's not it I would say it has to be the shooter lane switch needing a little adjustment. We have a service line that's great for this stuff.

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This has been my number one hope! Can you please Spooky get the license for “Seven Days a Week” and “I Can Make You Happy” and put them in the game somehow. Those were the best Scooby music of the whole show.

My man! Call me crazy (especially as a soon to be first time pin owner), but I feel like having "recipe for my love" play over a game over light sequence would send anyone home happy!

#1049 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, the early builds are for people who I thought were to trouble shoot for the future builds, and the operators to put lots of games on the pin. I really love Spooky’s activity on these boards…but people judging the early pins is ridiculous. The people receiving the early pins know the score. I think that the problems with the early pins blasted on pinside and not brought directly to Spooky to improve on the backside are sh!!??. If you’ve received an early pin help…directly email/involve Spooky. Otherwise…you are part of the problem.

To be fair there has been some quality control issues that are the problem. I agree we are the testers, but some things should have been caught before they were shipped. Some are jumping the gun, but my issue should be resolved once I receive my package tomorrow. Can’t wait to play it. It’s a gorgeous pin.

#1050 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

They are contacting Spooky support and also sharing experiences with other early owners in an owners thread. Stop fishing for drama.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 23.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,621 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/21?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.