(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,623 posts
  • 635 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Jediturtle
  • Topic is favorited by 300 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6427 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240419_230300967 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240419_230352522 (resized).jpg
IMG_3942 (resized).png
IMG_2054 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1352 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0426 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8879 (resized).jpeg
434474111_10231651641410717_2656043841103380976_n (resized).jpg
434187933_10231651641810727_402151276656863168_n (resized).jpg
434218025_10231651641130710_7502388332483788331_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240415-073852 (resized).png
PXL_20240414_195906192 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_181554907 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240414_195746420 (resized).jpg
IMG_6048 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 233.
#951 1 year ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

Crazy how some people are selling their spots for losses. I have faith and will continue to have faith in Spooky and my CE 1069 will come with no issues for me and my family to enjoy! First NIB!!

Typical Pinside behavior... Sadly...

#952 1 year ago

That’s hardly the case. There are people for whom the fomo wore off and if they feel like they want to let go of the spot they HAVE TO beat the original deposit (typically by $100) as there are a few distribs who have allotments to move. Call me when people are selling for over a $500 loss. It’s not going to happen with this title.

Quoted from 10redzr1:

Crazy how some people are selling their spots for losses. I have faith and will continue to have faith in Spooky and my CE 1069 will come with no issues for me and my family to enjoy! First NIB!!

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I do not consider it spectacular customer service to be responsive to messes made by the company themselves. Spectacular customer service would be delivering a product that has basic QC.

Assuming that there isn't is painting with one gigantic broad brush but it's Pinside where one positive thing never gets repeated but one negative one spreads like wildfire...

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from jakedistel:

Not going butter myself but would be curious to see pictures. Always found Spooky decals to be awesome but still curious. I know photos are a hard way to judge.

My Halloween is decals and it looks flawless so either way is great!! I’m #95 with butter so I’ll post pictures when it arrives just incase anyone’s interested!

#955 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Assuming that there isn't is painting with one gigantic broad brush but it's Pinside where one positive thing never gets repeated but one negative one spreads like wildfire...

Look at every recent spooky thread. QC is a problem with their games to a degree you just don’t see with other companies.

#956 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Look at every recent spooky thread. QC is a problem with their games to a degree you just don’t see with other companies.

LOL... So you've contacted every owner from every manufacturer, collected this data, validated that it was accurate, then used that data to draw that conclusion, correct? Because anything else is just a bullshit correlation exercise that has absolutely zero value in reality... Oh and, hate to break it to you but... ALL manufacturers have QC issues but I get it, we're in pile on mode on this one so facts and reality are secondary to emotions and impulse...

#957 1 year ago

I hope Spooky gets this quality control stuff under control. My TNA played great, but some asshole wrote on it at the factory.

IMG_6834 (resized).JPGIMG_6834 (resized).JPG

#958 1 year ago

Owners thread everyone. Owners thread.

Take all the non owning shit over to the hype thread.

Keep the pics coming. The good and the bad. It's all gotta help.

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hope Spooky gets this quality control stuff under control. My TNA played great, but some asshole wrote on it at the factory.
[quoted image]

Very cool.

#960 1 year ago

-

#961 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s hardly the case. There are people for whom the fomo wore off and if they feel like they want to let go of the spot they HAVE TO beat the original deposit (typically by $100) as there are a few distribs who have allotments to move. Call me when people are selling for over a $500 loss. It’s not going to happen with this title.

Actually their was one listed today for 500 off ..its pending now tho...

#962 1 year ago

I have owned five nib spooky game and have had no more issues that with other manufacturers! Agree the extra hole drilled are very similar to the ones I had with my Elvira hoh and I had to drill even more but I just filled in the others and moved on!

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

[quoted image]

I asked Spooky to sign my Halloween and they said they are no longer offering to do that.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I asked Spooky to sign my Halloween and they said they are no longer offering to do that.

nobody (resized).jpgnobody (resized).jpg
#965 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

With only so few machines out there and so many showing issues, there clearly needs to be a slow down in work and an all hands on deck to address the construction of these things.

Quoted from Wilmmr:

Wow......I'm rethinking things, for the first time considering just walking away from my deposit, I mean seriously. The items raised by this customer cannot be allowed to happen.

Quoted from turbo2nr:

I had a really bad experience with a new ACNC, then my Ultraman. Issues continued throughout Halloween/Ultraman/TNA and same shit with Scooby we will realize.

I think that when the main QC person is a direct family member of the pinball company, it is really hard for that non-family member to come down on them because they want to keep their job.
Spooky (resized).jpgSpooky (resized).jpg

#966 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Bwahahahahaha - thanks for the laugh. I guess you aren't in the PB Alien thread, the AP Houdini thread, the Haggis Fathom thread, the JJP GnR thread or yes, even the Stern Bond thread. I can cite specific (multiple) QC/design issues for each of these games if you like.

#967 1 year ago

Don’t get us started on alien! But after replacing everything it’s great!

#968 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Bwahahahahaha - thanks for the laugh. I guess you aren't in the PB Alien thread, the AP Houdini thread, the Haggis Fathom thread, the JJP GnR thread or yes, even the Stern Bond thread. I can cite specific (multiple) QC/design issues for each of these games if you like.

Except that there are hundreds of those games on the streets, whereas spooky only has a handful and they all seemingly have issues.

#969 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

That's my original TNA from 2018, and Scott did it to surprise me, was just trying to add a little levity to the situation.

I don't blame them for not wanting to do stuff like that, it's a pain to have to handle the extra logistics of tracking it all.

Spooky has grown a lot and I suspect they're struggling with scaling. Hope they figure it out, because that shooter lane switch drilling is pretty yikes, all humor aside. People deserve a properly put together game for the money.

#970 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I think that when the main QC person is a direct family member of the pinball company, it is really hard for that non-family member to come down on them because they want to keep their job.
[quoted image]

Bug is working his butt off at the end of the line. It looks like the shooter lane switch was moved twice and the coil moved once during assembly, which sucks. There are already 9 screw holes in a 2" x 4" area, so having any extra holes makes it look really bad. QC has to be checked through the entire process, because when that gets to the end of the line those holes are going to be covered, or mostly covered, with a switch and coil. Short of disassembly, that's really hard to catch at the end of the line. Not making excuses, everyone needs to be accountable for QC along the way. I just want to avoid having one person being singled out...especially when that individual really does care.

#971 1 year ago
Quoted from 10redzr1:

It’s trending down and not at the bottom yet. Spooky has a great sales model to eliminate flippers. However it drops the value for every buyer.

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s what I try to remember. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! She may possibly go home today! She’s doing really good. Kids are amazing. Us adults unfortunately have the ability to feel sorry for ourselves.
Again appreciate those who have supported my daughter and family. All the upvotes I got about her made my daughter smile. Nice to have caring people in the world.
[quoted image]

Your poor daughter is looking at that burrito and thinking "I would rather be home playing Scooby and eating some of those scooby snacks than this monstrosity" I hope she is doing well.

#973 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Saw one add for 1,400 for a 2k spot +200 transfer fee =800 loss.

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It’s trending down and not at the bottom yet. Spooky has a great sales model to eliminate flippers. However it drops the value for every buyer.

I count six ads out of how many sold so far - not even 1%. Not much of a trend. Heck, some of those are probably flippers who didn't learn anything from Halloween/UM and some are probably because their wife found out they ordered one in the first place...

#975 1 year ago

Is this the Scooby Owners' thread or the Fyre Festival thread?

#976 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Now, now... You can't respond like that otherwise you'll go against the narrative and people will downvote you... LOL

#977 1 year ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

BallyKISS1978
Keeping your family in my thoughts these last few days. Regardless of any troubles you had with the early Scooby, I'm sure it will become a beloved family game as your daughter recuperates and ya'll spend time together playing it.
A brief personal story: In 1988, I was 7 years old and suffered a depressed skull fracture. I had weeks of reconstructive brain surgery and loads of boring, bed-ridden recovery time. My extended family pooled resources and bought me a Nintendo Entertainment System. They had been out for years at this point, but my household wasn't video game friendly and I had only seen them at friend's houses. The pure, unbridled joy that console brought throughout the recovery process in immeasurable. To this day my NES is proudly displayed in the living room and still works perfectly. I can't glace at it without thinking about overcoming that early obstacle in life and the love my family gave me.
Sending you, your daughter and the rest of the family loads of love. Don't sweat the early issues on Scoob - it will get sorted out. People you don't even know are cheering for a rapid recovery.

Oh man that was horrible! So sorry you had to go through that. That is so amazing you still have it to this day! I wish I still had mine. Thank you for sharing and your kind words.

She won’t be able to go home today but hopefully tomorrow. Spooky is sending my ramp out and other parts today overnight. Very grateful for that.

My wife is going to stay with her tonight and I will stay home tomorrow and my wife will bring her home. My oldest daughter Tia is going to bring me home tonight.

So hopefully will be able to get Scooby done and ready for the big reveal tomorrow!! Thank you again!

#978 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Your poor daughter is looking at that burrito and thinking "I would rather be home playing Scooby and eating some of those scooby snacks than this monstrosity" I hope she is doing well.

Man you are not lying. But she was grateful to be able to hold it down

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Now, now... You can't respond like that otherwise you'll go against the narrative and people will downvote you... LOL

Yea, the chicken little schtick just gets old. We've literally seen a tiny handful of easily correctable issues on the first 30ish games out the door, yet everyone should panic and sell their spots, "Spooky Quality Sucks", blah, blah, blah.

Reminder - this is the owners thread. If you don't own the game or have an order for one, feel free to move back to the hype thread and you can poop post to your heart's content.

#980 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

tiny handful of easily correctable issues

Personally, I see easy correctable issues as: the glass cover being too tight, a shot not registering, a plastic piece wasn't screwed in tight. Some of the issues raised in this thread are at a higher level.

#981 1 year ago

I sold my early spot yesterday but I do plan to get this game at some point. It looks like a lot of fun but I'm fine waiting until everything is running a bit better. I know manufacturing these machines must be a nightmare so I do feel for Spooky on that front. The good news is that it seems everything is fixable with a bit more QC before shipping, so all the important pieces are there.

#982 1 year ago

PDI glass installed. Very happy with the results.

8C9D40D9-D14C-4B37-A41C-C5C5D2402B35 (resized).jpeg8C9D40D9-D14C-4B37-A41C-C5C5D2402B35 (resized).jpeg989787F0-4358-4FCE-8DA9-BD182E7C6076 (resized).jpeg989787F0-4358-4FCE-8DA9-BD182E7C6076 (resized).jpeg
#983 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

2.) Balls we're not making it all the way out of the shooter lane. There was so much wobble in 50% of the balls that it couldn't make it up the U-Turn.
There was a lot of lateral “slop” in the launch forktl that it was causing these irregular launches. I corrected this by spreading the loops out that hold the launcher fork piece in place. Reducing how much it can move side to side.
[quoted image]

Bit disappointing to see this, because I had this exact same issue on my Halloween as well, and multiballs were practically unplayable - I spent hours looking at it, taking slo-mo vids etc, and finally came to the same conclusion - way too much slop on the mechanism. Basically the forks were wobbling and launching the ball straight into the side of the shooter lane 90% of the time. I actually tried the same thing you did (spreading out the loop brackets to tighten the mechanism), but didn't really work - so ended up eliminating the play in the bracket with some metal wire around the spindle that goes through the loops (an extra c-clamp or 2 is probably the permanent fix). Now its 100%, but it was a pretty annoying problem.

Didn't take away anything from the awesomeness of that game though (and it is bloody awesome).

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I sold my early spot yesterday but I do plan to get this game at some point. It looks like a lot of fun but I'm fine waiting until everything is running a bit better. I know manufacturing these machines must be a nightmare so I do feel for Spooky on that front. The good news is that it seems everything is fixable with a bit more QC before shipping, so all the important pieces are there.

Good point

#985 1 year ago

Looks like ball search can be problematic…

The game can’t drop the drop target between the flippers. So a ball released during a ball search can get stuck here… game doesn’t flip the flippers or drop the target… so dead game until someone opens the door E6551805-E477-417D-9A3B-4602B303434C (resized).jpegE6551805-E477-417D-9A3B-4602B303434C (resized).jpeg

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game can’t drop the drop target between the flippers. So a ball released during a ball search can get stuck here… game doesn’t flip the flippers or drop the target… so dead game until someone opens the door [quoted image]

It would have to be a very slow rolling ball not to knock down the drop. I've never had it happen.

#987 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Bit disappointing to see this, because I had this exact same issue on my Halloween as well, and multiballs were practically unplayable - I spent hours looking at it, taking slo-mo vids etc, and finally came to the same conclusion - way too much slop on the mechanism. Basically the forks were wobbling and launching the ball straight into the side of the shooter lane 90% of the time. I actually tried the same thing you did (spreading out the loop brackets to tighten the mechanism), but didn't really work - so ended up eliminating the play in the bracket with some metal wire around the spindle that goes through the loops (an extra c-clamp or 2 is probably the permanent fix). Now its 100%, but it was a pretty annoying problem.
Didn't take away anything from the awesomeness of that game though (and it is bloody awesome).

Thanks for sharing your fix

#988 1 year ago

I would be happy to take an early number and help with QC if someone want to trade back to #211. Happy to take one for the team.

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The game can’t drop the drop target between the flippers. So a ball released during a ball search can get stuck here… game doesn’t flip the flippers or drop the target… so dead game until someone opens the door [quoted image]

that's at least easy to fix in code...just update the ball search routine to drop the drop

I like the center drop. Hope they do some interesting rules with it (Super Mario Brothers has a neat use of it. Start a 2 ball MB, lock the balls without dropping the drop to start a 3 ball MB)

#990 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why would the flippers not work?

#991 1 year ago

also should probably make sure the tilt routine auto drops the middle drop too

#992 1 year ago

Do the drop targets even have a drop feature? They may only b able to reset?

#993 1 year ago

I think it’s fair to say that spooky is continually biting off more than it can chew. They’re responsive and nice people. But it’s clear that they’re asking employees to do too much too quickly.

It’s clear bug and Luke are working hard to do what they can- but it’s clearly too much given the quality that is coming off the line.

That or it’s “we’ll fix it on the back end- let’s get it out”

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Why would the flippers not work?

If you tilted to get the ball loose wouldn’t the flippers be dead? Might be wrong but I think that would be the case?

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Do the drop targets even have a drop feature? They may only b able to reset?

the center drop has a knockdown coil, the two banks of three don't have a knockdown coil

#996 1 year ago

58 has landed, unfortunately as with my last 3 pins, I am traveling. Hope to get home late tonight and maybe set it up

Screenshot_20230302_171813_Blue Iris (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230302_171813_Blue Iris (resized).jpg
#997 1 year ago
Quoted from brerspidur:58 has landed...

Keep us posted!

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from SNES:

If you tilted to get the ball loose wouldn’t the flippers be dead? Might be wrong but I think that would be the case?

Fair point. Easy to fix in code to have the flippers flip for code search. Maybe a third ball search would flip em.

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

Wow......I'm rethinking things, for the first time considering just walking away from my deposit, I mean seriously. The items raised by this customer cannot be allowed to happen.

I’ll take your Scooby deposit and even give you a little cash!

#1000 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

the center drop has a knockdown coil, the two banks of three don't have a knockdown coil

That is good.. then it can be coded to lower after ball search...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
There are 11,623 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 233.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/20?hl=wastedthelight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.