(Topic ID: 331168)

Scooby Doo, Where Are You Club - Ruh Roh!

By u2sean

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,806 posts
  • 618 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by kevster
  • Topic is favorited by 294 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240227_231904 (resized).jpg
IMG_3422 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0132.jpeg
IMG_0131.jpeg
20240224_164007 (resized).jpg
zB7NCdL61YFfiV2eTjXzQqoJ6LjAJyFhRZP1T7pazeX4q3hwKM2yTtj5J3wi5g6fVpzSZpzxp3VgyBY3vMjUgEhJXL2RG (resized).jpg
IMG_9964 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9963 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9966 (resized).jpeg
tumblr_9590e5e9f262d29663014585efaf66c3_cb03a597_640.gif
20240222_133255 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240220_013631264 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240220_013615248 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240220_013605640 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 217.
#8251 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Im # 1011, paid in full in Sept. ...nothing ( " a couple more weeks"). Not thrilled

Hey just checked on these for you guys. Butter cabinets are coming in Monday or Tuesday I'm hearing. Which means you should be looking at the week before Thanksgiving for delivery. So not long now hang in there! I could ramble for paragraphs about why the paid up before it goes on the line policy is the best way for efficiency and speed of arrival for everyone, but you will just have to trust me .

Quoted from Willybillwill:

Totally understand and I'm hoping to get mine before Thanksgiving as well as we're hosting this year and would be nice to have in the basement with guests. I'm going to message them again this week just to stay on top of it. Hoping you get yours soon, I had a chance to play at TPF back in March and enjoyed it.

Checked on yours as well. We loaded it in a container this week so it should be floating your way on a boat! Unfortunately, they don't give us a way to track containers past that. It's on its way to ya anyway.

#8252 3 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey just checked on these for you guys. Butter cabinets are coming in Monday or Tuesday I'm hearing. Which means you should be looking at the week before Thanksgiving for delivery. So not long now hang in there! I could ramble for paragraphs about why the paid up before it goes on the line policy is the best way for efficiency and speed of arrival for everyone, but you will just have to trust me .

Really appreciate the response and potentially good news!! Not a jab at Spooky at all...possibly a bit of frustration for the distro ( and we've been in touch).

I'll be patient, but will forward all contact info to my 9 year old grand-daughter if she doesn't have Scooby to play at Thanksgiving...she's called me several times All 3 of them ( Grandchildren) play the pins non stop when they visit, and if I hear " where is Scooby?" one more time...

#8253 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

All fixed - cables were plugged in incorrectly

Awesome! Glad you figured it out.

#8254 3 months ago

Scooby was due for a cleaning and a few switch/ball guide adjustments tonight. I went ahead and tried the audio hiss fix suggested by someone else in the group, and can say that at least on my machine, the audio is now dead quiet. These are the only components I added, under $30 total:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BWM59LST/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084RN22MW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00

I used 3M dual lock to mount the audio extractor to the backbox.

20231104_231124 (resized).jpg20231104_231124 (resized).jpg
#8255 3 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Scooby was due for a cleaning and a few switch/ball guide adjustments tonight. I went ahead and tried the audio hiss fix suggested by someone else in the group, and can say that at least on my machine, the audio is now dead quiet. These are the only components I added, under $30 total:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BWM59LST/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084RN22MW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00
I used 3M dual lock to mount the audio extractor to the backbox.[quoted image]

Thanks for the pix. I ordered these and they just arrived today…this will be extremely helpful!

#8256 3 months ago

That’s what caused my strange and mysterious, Ball behavior triggerd by the Shaker….

It was a screw from Factory which stucked between the trough and the Jam/ball1 Board.

Played ten Games in a row without Andy balltracking issues

IMG_8101 (resized).jpegIMG_8101 (resized).jpeg

#8257 3 months ago

So this came tumbling down the left side of my playfield today. Looks like a wood screw. Does anyone know of a common screw coming loose from the playfield? Still trying to find it’s home.

45B85641-BDDB-4091-8D87-0E8D8014EE8A (resized).jpeg45B85641-BDDB-4091-8D87-0E8D8014EE8A (resized).jpeg
#8258 3 months ago

Found it’s home. The screw was stripped out and has nothing to hold on to. I will have to find one with a slightly larger OD.
Once I see something like that, I can’t stop until I find the issue.

8A8286EC-DCFD-4C95-A209-4A1AC03ED8A7 (resized).jpeg8A8286EC-DCFD-4C95-A209-4A1AC03ED8A7 (resized).jpeg
#8259 3 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Found it’s home. The screw was stripped out and has nothing to hold on to. I will have to find one with a slightly larger OD.
[quoted image]

Or stick a tooth pick end and some wood glue in the hole.

You can use the same screw without going up a size.

RM

#8260 3 months ago

First print test for my homemade Scooby Rulebook. Not quite there yet, as I underestimated the margin needed for the printer. Some things got chopped...

Will do some corrections before giving access to the file for print.

Here's a sneak peak:

print1 (resized).JPGprint1 (resized).JPGprint2 (resized).JPGprint2 (resized).JPG
#8261 3 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

First print test for my homemade Scooby Rulebook. Not quite there yet, as I underestimated the margin needed for the printer. Some things got chopped...
Here's a sneak peak:[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome

#8262 3 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

This looks fantastic. When the code is complete…i’d buy one!

#8263 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

That’s what caused my strange and mysterious, Ball behavior triggerd by the Shaker….
It was a screw from Factory which stucked between the trough and the Jam/ball1 Board.
[quoted image]

Sure am glad you found the culprit, loose metal screws will drive you bat shit crazy with intermittent problems or worse, dead board components from direct shorts.

#8264 3 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

This looks fantastic. When the code is complete…i’d buy one!

This won't be for sale as it's using copyrighted art. Once it's completed, I'll give access to the file so that you can print your own.

#8265 3 months ago

I really appreciate the time you put into this. It is going to help me A LOT!

#8266 3 months ago

I just got a Scooby doo NIB and the upper playfield does not have led lights that are working. The Lowe playfield works fine, but upper led don’t light up. I took the glass off to look but I didn’t see anything loose. Has this happened to anyone?

I have a pic and video as well. I ran the light test in settings and the upper led lights won’t work.

#8267 3 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Looks awesome!

#8268 3 months ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Thanks for the pix. I ordered these and they just arrived today…this will be extremely helpful!

Did you install them yet and did it work?

#8269 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

I just got a Scooby doo NIB and the upper playfield does not have led lights that are working. The Lowe playfield works fine, but upper led don’t light up. I took the glass off to look but I didn’t see anything loose. Has this happened to anyone?
I have a pic and video as well. I ran the light test in settings and the upper led lights won’t work.

Haven't run into this yet, give Spooky a call at 815-541-4940 and they will get you fixed up quickly. Hopefully it's not a cable under the upper playfield that is loose.

#8270 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

[quoted image]

Where was this loose screw located?

#8271 3 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

If you have them put in the art blade protectors, remove all the balls and raise the playfield all the way up. There is a board where all the LEDs connect via Ethernet cables, it's toward the bottom left. Make sure nothing came loose and try reseating those. You might try swapping a couple with the power off, turn on the game and see if it's changed anything and then move them back - again with the power off.

#8272 3 months ago

Ive read of a few complaints about making a shot to the van and would start mystery but then go into ball search. Spit out a new ball then the ball locked in the van would come out. One ball drain and the turn would end.

A friend of mine is having the same issue. Has there been a diagnosis for this problem?

#8273 3 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

[quoted image]

I used a zip tie for my stripped out hole and has held up well on my Mando

#8274 3 months ago

Can anyone suggest a good way to add some lighting in the right rear around and/or under the plastic covering the Gold City Mine/ Airfield and Black Knight lanes. That area is super cool looking but totally left in the dark. I was thinking of experimenting with some purple, blue, green or UV lighting to create some ambiance but I don't know how to tie it in power-wise. And are the lights 5v or 12v? I know the Stumblr Mod ties into the open 12v connector on the power distribution board but not sure about regular lighting.

#8275 3 months ago

#1151 Here and working perfectly

PXL_20231106_191010598.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20231106_191010598.MP (resized).jpg
#8276 3 months ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

Ive read of a few complaints about making a shot to the van and would start mystery but then go into ball search. Spit out a new ball then the ball locked in the van would come out. One ball drain and the turn would end.
A friend of mine is having the same issue. Has there been a diagnosis for this problem?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/159#post-7815473

#8277 3 months ago

Wow! New code is amazing. I just got my first extra ball ever, then proceeded to have my best game ever. I got two more extra balls, unmasked four villains, played all the villains, etc. maybe played a character mode or two. This game is awesome and just keeps getting better!!

Just a couple code things SpookyLuke SpookyBug ,

The volume on the extra ball cutscene seems too loud. Maybe a matter of taste

When I have played all the villains, and I circle back to start them again, can it maybe keep my progress and not have me replay the ones I didn’t unmask? I think that would be way more fun that a complete wipe of the board.

And please allow progress to be kept individual modes. Or at least the black knight mode. For mere mortals, not draining while hitting each of ten shots is pretty unlikely. It would be awesome to pick up where I left off.

Maybe a little more verbal guidance on the extra ball shot, since there’s no obvious visual insert lit. I did manage to collect it each time it was lit, but I think I was expecting is since I read the release notes.

Having to hit all the cutler shots again to start pirate mode and then drain and have to hit them all again after I drained without completing pirate mode was a bit painstaking. Maybe that could still use some tweaking. But I love the concept and that cutler can’t just be restarted again and again.

In all, wow! It’s such a fun shooter. I loved it from the beginning and the honeymoon isn’t over. I think this will be a classic.

IMG_1772 (resized).jpegIMG_1772 (resized).jpeg
#8278 3 months ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

Where was this loose screw located?

I don‘t know… Not located the hole with missing screw yet

#8279 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Here is a photo of mine. I would say this is poor idea and why did they not install counter sunken screws.
[quoted image]

Did you ever find a fix for the jamming airballs off the feeder ramp to the upper playfield? I had the same problem and ultimately had to superglue a doubled up peice of the squishy insulation foam (same as what's used behind the standup targets) onto the underside of the plastic cover to deflect and reduce the ball speed so it would stop getting wedged. So far, it did the trick. Although the foam is adhesive backed, it still kept falling off- hence the superglue.
I posted about this issue a while back and I believe AJ said that Luke or someone may have a fix for it but never heard anything back from them.

IMG_8044 (resized).jpgIMG_8044 (resized).jpgIMG_8045 (resized).jpgIMG_8045 (resized).jpg

#8280 3 months ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I don‘t know… Not located the hole with missing screw yet

If it was a wood screw like mine, it could have come from underneath the top playfield. Mine fell from a bracket on the right flipper.

1B105332-1B55-4E8C-A546-85102E665195 (resized).jpeg1B105332-1B55-4E8C-A546-85102E665195 (resized).jpeg
#8281 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Can anyone suggest a good way to add some lighting in the right rear around and/or under the plastic covering the Gold City Mine/ Airfield and Black Knight lanes. That area is super cool looking but totally left in the dark. I was thinking of experimenting with some purple, blue, green or UV lighting to create some ambiance but I don't know how to tie it in power-wise. And are the lights 5v or 12v? I know the Stumblr Mod ties into the open 12v connector on the power distribution board but not sure about regular lighting.

I added Pimstadium Neo Atoms. Made a huge difference on the whole playfield. Do not get any other version because the Neo Atoms just fit and clear Charlie the Robot.

IMG_5579 (resized).jpegIMG_5579 (resized).jpeg
#8282 3 months ago

Silly question. Is there a rundown of all character perks? Am I supposed to hit the action button to collect all lit playfield snacks? I know Daphne has higher bravery, and shaggybgives more points for combos. Does Fred's trap bonus only work in the last 30 seconds for a monster? I'm guessing Velma's is for the white clue shots to start a case.

#8283 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Check for my original posts on this issue. It was the flange nut too close to the mech bar on the inside; replaced with a smaller nut.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quick question. What size did you get for the flange?

#8284 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

I added a 12v led strip under the back box directly over the upper playfield. I tied the led string into the same power lead used for the blackbox illumination strings. I chose to use the blue lead in the led string and it looks great and ties in well with bv the area's aesthetics. Easy peasy to do.

#8285 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Did you ever find a fix for the jamming airballs off the feeder ramp to the upper playfield? I had the same problem and ultimately had to superglue a doubled up peice of the squishy insulation foam (same as what's used behind the standup targets) onto the underside of the plastic cover to deflect and reduce the ball speed so it would stop getting wedged. So far, it did the trick. Although the foam is adhesive backed, it still kept falling off- hence the superglue.
I posted about this issue a while back and I believe AJ said that Luke or someone may have a fix for it but never heard anything back from them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just looked through my extra plastics from other pins,used one from x-files and secured it to the screw in the problem spot. Never had air ball/reject again!

058636F6-6682-44FD-B322-5A05CF23EA62 (resized).jpeg058636F6-6682-44FD-B322-5A05CF23EA62 (resized).jpeg0B183EF0-7517-498A-B630-D2E68E093031 (resized).jpeg0B183EF0-7517-498A-B630-D2E68E093031 (resized).jpeg3F093128-439F-4138-A876-1830C9C57A26 (resized).jpeg3F093128-439F-4138-A876-1830C9C57A26 (resized).jpeg
#8286 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What does your screws look like holding the ramp in place? I used two button headed screws so the ball would not make contact with the screw. I would say the ball is hitting the screw.

20231019_081559 (resized).jpg20231019_081559 (resized).jpg20231019_200419 (resized).jpg20231019_200419 (resized).jpg
#8287 3 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

I posted my solution here:

Quoted from ekayden:

Found this very cheap enhancement for my Scooby CE. I put up three 1.64’ LED strips under the backbox to illuminate the back of the upper playfield. Only $11.01 if you click the 15% off coupon. Especially worthwhile if you installed the rock trail from Back Alley Creations or the sign upgrades from NinjaCamp. It requires a USB power supply. I used a short USB extension cable and plugged it into the USB power outlet on the amplifier, so it comes on with the machine. The bottom picture shows only the extra lighting from the LED strips. The brightness and color are adjustable. I set the lights dim to minimize glare.
Amazon link: https://a.co/d/0j7dNuB

#8288 3 months ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Gotta say, I'm pretty frustrated with my game. Since I received #135 I've fought the shooter lane. I bent the original forks all sorts of ways. Worked for awhile - but always back to not making it up the shooter ramp. Spooky sent a new mech and I installed that, same issues. Recently installed the 3D printed stabilizer mod... bent the forks again and worked for about 25 games when testing prior to my big Halloween party. Well, it went down within 30 minutes of the party under heavy play.... I'm out of ideas and patience quite frankly. Anyone got any advice?

Installing the stabilizer from Ninja Camp is a good start. Try adjusting the coil power of the launcher either up or down from its current setting. That can make a difference. Otherwise, you need to record video as others have suggested and see what’s hanging up the ball.

#8289 3 months ago
Quoted from ekayden:

I posted my solution here:

Looks incredible. Will go that route for sure. Thanks!

#8290 3 months ago

ekayden good idea- How long did you need for the USB extension cable? Im going to give this a shot- thank you

#8291 3 months ago

Spooky club member gifts arrived!!!
Best one yet!
Thanks spooky.

AF2D235F-2EAB-45D3-B5A6-89C0D2E95ADF (resized).jpegAF2D235F-2EAB-45D3-B5A6-89C0D2E95ADF (resized).jpeg
#8292 3 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

OK, I did a combo of
turning down the launch power slightly
moving the purple habbitrail further to the right (the ball was indeed hitting the sling rubber)
and put a slightly larger rubber ring on the outlane post
That has almost eliminated bounce-outs, so thanks
RussM

Can anyone please guide me where in the menus I can increase the plunger launch power? I’m guessing it’s coil settings—> launch pulse power? Thx.

IMG_8954 (resized).jpegIMG_8954 (resized).jpeg
#8293 3 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can anyone please guide me where in the menus I can increase the plunger launch power?

Go into Coil Settings, should be like the first option. Then scroll through the various options until you see "Launch" and lower it. I just has to put mine lower cause the ball kept skipping over the sling plastic and draining on launch.

#8294 3 months ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Go into Coil Settings, should be like the first option. Then scroll through the various options until you see "Launch" and lower it. I just has to put mine lower cause the ball kept skipping over the sling plastic and draining on launch.

Perfect, thx. Mine was at 80% and would go above the “turn” and kept falling back to the plunger. 88% seems about right for me.

#8295 3 months ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Perfect, thx. Mine was at 80% and wouldn’t make it to the wire form and kept falling back to the plunger. 88% seems about right for me.

#8296 3 months ago
Screenshot_20231107_161652_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231107_161652_Facebook (resized).jpg
#8297 3 months ago

We are official members of the Scooby Doo Owners club as our CE 1125 (Standard Cabinet) was set up in our home on Monday November 6, 2023. We are happy to report that our Scooby Doo is playing perfectly right out of the box.

We decided to make a weekend of it and stayed in SW Wisconsin over the weekend. We had a wonderful time of watching Wisconsin Women’s Volleyball and Green Bay Packers with the locals. Enjoyed the fare at Lawrences in Benton, Potosi Brewery, Antique shops in Cuba City, and saw several bald eagles. Truly a beautiful area. We picked up Scooby Doo at 8:10 am Monday morning; Spooky Luke, Bug, and Morgan came down and said hi to us as the game was loaded. Left at 8:30 am for OH and had the game set up that night. Thanks to everyone on this forum and the employees of Spooky Pinball for being true ambassadors of Pinball. Scooby Doo is our #19 pinball machine in our home – can’t wait to hear what #20 could possibly be!

#8298 3 months ago
Quoted from SARRICH:

We are official members of the Scooby Doo Owners club as our CE 1125 (Standard Cabinet) was set up in our home on Monday November 6, 2023. We are happy to report that our Scooby Doo is playing perfectly right out of the box.
We decided to make a weekend of it and stayed in SW Wisconsin over the weekend. We had a wonderful time of watching Wisconsin Women’s Volleyball and Green Bay Packers with the locals. Enjoyed the fare at Lawrences in Benton, Potosi Brewery, Antique shops in Cuba City, and saw several bald eagles. Truly a beautiful area. We picked up Scooby Doo at 8:10 am Monday morning; Spooky Luke, Bug, and Morgan came down and said hi to us as the game was loaded. Left at 8:30 am for OH and had the game set up that night. Thanks to everyone on this forum and the employees of Spooky Pinball for being true ambassadors of Pinball. Scooby Doo is our #19 pinball machine in our home – can’t wait to hear what #20 could possibly be!

Congrats, but I'm confused ...did you get the CE or Standard? Or Bloodsucker? You said CE then mention Standard. If anything other than CE, post some photos as you'd be the first!

#8299 3 months ago

It is a CE with Standard cabinet, meaning "non butter".

#8300 3 months ago

Hey Gang!

I wanted to check with the Scooby owners to see if there was any interest in our super clear acrylic screen protector. It replaces the stock PETG one that comes in Spooky games. Originally we offered it with our IPS LCD upgrades but we've started selling it individually when customers asked. It's very optically clear, abrasion resistant, anti-reflective and removes almost any aberration (sort of polarizing/rainbow effect). It's 3mm thick and really makes the screen look really nice. The reason I'm asking is because we're sold out and to make an order viable takes a large quantity because the material isn't extremely common with any of our suppliers and it's recently increased in cost. We did a lot of searching for the best material and this extruded acrylic with it's special coatings is really top. If there is interest between all the modern Spooky game owners (anything with a metal backbox door) then we can place a larger order and keep these available.

You can see pictures on our site here:
https://pinballmods.co/acrylic-screen-protector-spooky-pinball

We will do is keep it at $46 for anyone who buys it with an IPS screen upgrade as the bundle, otherwise they are listed at $55. It will take 2-3 weeks to get them cut and shipped to us.

The difference between the stock screen and the IPS screen is astounding. We make it a direct replacement, plug and play. The IPS screen has amazing blacks, super crazy resolution and very low levels of white backlight bleed. We've sold a ton of these to R&M owners and the feedback is astounding.

https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball

You don't need to buy now, don't need any money or commitment, just need to know if there is interest so we can judge our order qty. You can PM me if you want to keep it out of the thread or email [email protected].

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 10,806 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 217.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scooby-doo-where-are-you-club-scooby-snacks-for-all/page/166?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.